ViewPoint

DxO ViewPoint is a photo correction and editing tool for wide-angle lens shots.

Work for ViewPoint?

Learning about ViewPoint?

ViewPoint Reviews

Showing 10 ViewPoint reviews
ViewPoint review by <span>Madhu S.</span>
Madhu S.

Magical - Does an excellent job each time

What do you like best?

DxO ViewPoint corrects perspective distortion in photos. It does this very well. With just a few clicks, it can fix anything. In fact, I’ve got in the habit of just running photos through the package by default, even if the distortion problems aren’t that obvious, because it nearly always makes them look so much better.

Photoshop already has distortion tools built in but this is far more powerful. And DxO View Point is always releasing updates for the tools, so they continue to get even better. Better yet, there is even a Photoshop plugin so you can easily switch from Photoshop to DxO View Point without having to reopen your document.

What do you dislike?

I don’t really have any complaints. Sometimes with some very complex images, it can be a little on the slow side, but that’s very rare and it’s totally understandable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DxO offer a very generous 30 day evaluation period that works exactly like the full program, so you can try it out to see if it is right for you.

I use it to improve the look of photos by removing distortions. Sometimes it even works very well for radically changing a photo to suit my needs. For example, I recently had a photo of a landscape which I was using as a background for a double page spread. However, the photo wasn’t large enough to fit the page. With DxO View Point I was able to make it fit and it looked a lot better then when I edited it in Photoshop alone.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ViewPoint
ViewPoint review by <span>Miri L.</span>
Miri L.

Good product

What do you like best?

It is easy to use and maneuver around. Breaks down into details. easy access to reports. easy to posts

overall, moving to the hosted version fit our organization correctly. The availability of PC cloud is amazing and the support is great as well. Faster reports -Drill-down features -Create-a-check support -Saves time and money on IT resources -Less expensive than on-site version -Faster updates since controlled by ViewPoint directly -Fast times to migrate from on-site to hosted version.

What do you dislike?

too many steps before getting to the actual destination. cant change date when adjusting invoices or billing

System is not sold as described. Transitioning from old system to new is a complete nightmare and takes over a year. 75% of all company information has to be hand entered. Training is very limited. We had to pay our Accounting firm an additional to get the system correct, because Viewpoint could not. Support is horrible. Takes days to weeks before you are contacted. Currently on day 25 of waiting for this company to figure out how to fix work in progress in the system. You cannot close out your months, or even get correct financial numbers such as P&L. Viewpoint has a fix, but does not have a target date to fix because its not top priority.

Estimating, accounting, and project management

What Photo Editing solution do you use?

ViewPoint review by <span>Edo M.</span>
Edo M.

Fantastic soluton for architectural photography

What do you like best?

It's a specialized desktop off-line solution for a specific problem, without other not needed options and features. 8 points perspective correction was something new to us and very useful (after some time). All corrections are implemented immediately (good coding).

What do you dislike?

Preferences are literally only a few options. New user (without experience in perspective correction) would have some problems initially. Results of "Horizon tool" are sometimes very confusing. Grid size cannot be changed or position arranged as needed for a specific photo.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a good solution for everyone that is working with architectural and panoramic photography. Perspective and panorama corrections are done perfectly, in short period of time and minimal resources.

Making a good architectural photo in many cases is very difficult or even impossible because of angles, building position, landscape or traffic. In that cases a software solution as this one is a lifesaver.

ViewPoint review by <span>Karin H.</span>
Karin H.

Helps Fix Outer Edge Distortion.

What do you like best?

The variety of lens perspectives are great. Ease of use, with the exception of horizon and loupe. Still haven't figured out how to use them yet. Simple interface. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to navigate or use the various tools. Fun to use! Sometimes I'll achieve some wonderfully quirky perspectives that I can use in my more creative works (other than just stock photography).

What do you dislike?

Not quite sure how to use a couple of features like horizon and loupe. They don't ever seem to do anything. The product was also on the expensive side. I think $30 would be a more fair price.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No recommendations at this time, because I'm still implementing software into my workflow.

Fixing lens distortion on wide angle photographs, which leads to blur, which leads to photographs being denied acceptance to my agencies.

ViewPoint review by <span>Cory S.</span>
Cory S.

Great Product!

What do you like best?

I like this product because of the ease of use and the simple design. It was also a great price for us.

What do you dislike?

I did not like the customer service and the helpfulness from thier support team

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a helpful company in their ease of use but customer support is not the greatest!

It helped us solve our design issue and our formatting issues to other bases.

ViewPoint review by User

Easy perspective corection, with automated settings or manual for perfect images

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of the product. It allows you to correct diferent perspective problems in a easy fashion. On the first start it has some tutorioals explaining how to use it. It has everything you need for correcting perspective

What do you dislike?

I have the whole DXO suite and i can say they are kind of slow. I would be great if they improve the speed of their apps because they are simple apps and should "think" quickly. Also it would be great if it was a single product and not 3 products separatly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is just for corecting perspectives and is best for arhitectural work.

My arhitectural and cityscape images have perfect angles when i need them to be perfect. It has helped me in shooting interior design photography.

Learning about ViewPoint?

* We monitor all ViewPoint reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.