DyKnow Cloud

DyKnow Cloud

Ensure students are on task with thumbnail images and activity tracking. Students need DyKnow's classroom management tool on their Chromebooks, PCs, iPads and Macbooks.

Work for DyKnow Cloud?

Learning about DyKnow Cloud?

DyKnow Cloud Reviews

Ask DyKnow Cloud a Question
Showing 47 DyKnow Cloud reviews
DyKnow Cloud review by <span>Brian T.</span>
Brian T.

"DyKnow - Prevent problems before they happen"

What do you like best?

One of my favorite DyKnow features is the ability to look at what my students are doing in class over a period of time. This tool is very useful when I have conferences with parents because I can show them what their child is doing in my class and how it is affecting their grades. It is a great tool to help back me up.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the software fails to load on my students chrome devices which means that I need to have them restart the system. From an administrative standpoint I would also like for it to be easier to add students to classes during the school year without needing .csv files.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DyKnow does have its limitations and blocking plans must be set up carefully in order to avoid potential problems. Students also tend to look poorly upon the software since it restricts their internet privileges so it is best introduced from the beginning and utilized primarily as an instructive tool as opposed to a punishment.

DyKnow allows us to monitor how our students are using the internet and what sites may need to be blocked at the firewall level in order to increase our security. DyKnow also helps us to increase our teacher's instruction time so that they are able to cover content more quickly and thereby gain time for new materials to give our students every advantage in their education.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about DyKnow Cloud
DyKnow Cloud review by <span>Rachel B.</span>
Rachel B.

"Best Monitoring Program for Chromebooks!"

What do you like best?

DyKnow allows our teachers to view students' Chromebook screens from one dashboard, websites they visit (in real-time), send messages to students (private or class-wide), ask a question & poll answers, students' level of understanding...without students raising their hands and getting embarrassed if they are completely lost and last but not least, set up blocking plans to lock down tabs so students can just click open a new tab and "Google" the answer! WE LOVE DYKNOW!

What do you dislike?

At this time, I do not have any dislikes.

Teachers feel like they have more control while students are on their devices. They feel like they have the freedom to teach instead of micromanaging the screens because they can go back after class to view the websites that students visited during their lesson. They can communicate with students that may not ask for help in front of other students and they can also redirect students via private messages without embarrassing them in front of the entire class.

What Classroom Management solution do you use?

DyKnow Cloud review by <span>Janna E.</span>
Janna E.

"Review From Long-time Customer: Reeds Spring School District"

What do you like best?

1. DyKnow provides our teachers with a layer of support in a classroom where all students have technology. When a transformation on a district-wide basis happened at Reeds Spring, where we implemented our 1:1 initiative, occurs teachers need confirmation that they are still the teacher in the classroom and appreciate a program like DyKnow to keep students focused and engaged in the learning tasks.

2. DyKnow support for our district has been consistently stellar!

What do you dislike?

Although we know there have been some growing pains at DyKnow, the times that the system has been down seems excessive. We can weather a storm if we have a better reassurance of the timeline for when that will be solved-with few bugs to work out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend DyKnow Cloud. I would tell potential customers to do their homework: ask DyKnow for references, conduct comparisons, determine what the expectations are for teachers using it, and find out what the support and sustainability plan is from DyKnow.

DyKnow is the best solution to this type of service for school districts at a price that is reasonable.

DyKnow Cloud review by <span>Graham C.</span>
Graham C.

"Dyknow Cloud - Classroom SAVER"

What do you like best?

Dyknow Cloud is flexible. It allows our teachers to monitor from whichever device they find is most comfortable to them. Students are able to be corrected without being called out and allows for the faculty member to create special filters for their class. More than just web site access, but access to applications. The class can be setup to only use Microsoft Word with no access to browsers. It's a very cool and useful product.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike. It would be nice to have Android and easier iOS monitoring.

Recommendations to others considering the product

All students need to be monitored when they are on a device at school. This allows the faculty member to see what their students are doing without having to hover over their shoulders. Class can take place and a report can be run by the end of the day. This allows faculty members to address parents and administration with ease.

Student distraction and attention. We are able to flip a classroom and let students learn at their pace.

DyKnow Cloud review by <span>Megan S.</span>
Megan S.

"Great tool and easy to use and implement!"

What do you like best?

I love that it's easy to use and implement. It runs in the background and doesn't require a lot of extra steps for me to "spot check" everyone. It gives me the freedom to control web access with ease.

What do you dislike?

That it is tougher to use with iPads and tablets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

USE THIS! I did some trails with other companies, do not waste your time or money, their customer service is top notch and product is way ahead of anyone else!

I am able to be with students more, I don't have to be in their faces, and I can always go back and review since it tracks and give you a pie chart at the end of the sessions.

DyKnow Cloud review by <span>Drew H.</span>
Drew H.

"DyKnow Cloud in the 1:1 Environment"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to setup blocking plans for each of my classes. These blocking plans are so easily modified that I can create multiple plans for use in my classroom. This allows me to not worry about my students being off task.

What do you dislike?

The only problems we have had are some outages of service. These problems have been addressed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your students are currently in a 1:1 Laptop environment, this is the perfect application to keep them on task and provide analytical reports\ts on what they are doing.

We have noticed that students are forced to stay on task. We have also used the analytics reports heavily to get statistical data on what sites students are visiting.

Learn more about DyKnow Cloud

DyKnow Cloud Videos

Learning about DyKnow Cloud?

* We monitor all DyKnow Cloud reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.