Ease

Ease

4.7

Ease makes it simple to set up and manage benefits, onboard new hires, stay compliant, and offer employees one destination for all their human resources information.

Work for Ease?

Learning about Ease?

Ease Reviews

Ask Ease a Question
Showing 119 Ease reviews
EaseCentral review by Stephanie H.
Stephanie H.

"Efficient Enrollments"

What do you like best?

I love how smooth the enrollment process is for the employee, the group admin, the brokerage, and the carrier. No more having to go back and forth with missing data, illegible handwriting, incorrect effective dates, etc. Plus, having the contributions, and benefit details right there for the employee, it makes their options and costs easy to see in order to make an informed decision. I also really appreciate the support from their help desk. I feel comfortable calling in no matter the type of question and know that whoever answers will genuinely try to help me resolve my problem in a timely manner.

What do you dislike?

The search function is a bit limited. When searching for an employee, it will only search within the selected status, ie "Active", so it can make searching a little more complex than it could be, which does leave the possibility that an admin in a hurry may accidentally make duplicate entries.

Enrollments are so much smoother, whether for a new hire, a renewing group or for a new group. It saves so much time not having to go over handwritten paper apps any more. More complete data is also available at my fingertips, easy to find and access. No more having to dig through the files to find a rate sheet, or manually calculate a family level premium. Communication with the groups have also improved, as the group admins can see if some of our info is out-dated, ie contribution amounts.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Ease
EaseCentral review by Peter M.
Peter M.

"Flexible and fully customizable, Easecentral works great on both desktop and mobile."

What do you like best?

Full customization to suit the needs of any employer or employee population, contribution structure, or employee benefit product. Easy enough to use for regardless of level of technological sophistication for employees from Blue collar populations to Software Developers. The mobile interface and the Apps for this platform work just as well as the desktop version. there are multiple integrations with carrier partners, TPA's, and the largest and most common payroll providers. Works well as a standalone basic BenAdmin product but also as a more detailed and advanced integrated product with HRM systems.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike although some of the integrations do take some time to set up with Payroll providers (anywhere from 6-12 weeks or longer depending on data validation between the two platforms).

Paper reduction, time-saving, employee communication, off-site employees feel as part of the open enrollment process as HQ employees who see a consultant face-to-face, open enrollment and ongoing benefits administration.

What Benefits Administration solution do you use?

EaseCentral review by David H.
David H.

"An Enrollment Platform that is Simple, Proven and Effective"

What do you like best?

Administratively, it is a easy platform to learn and build for each client. Clients appreciate getting away from paper, having updated records, having a central repository and having an electronic data interface with the carriers (Apprize Technologies is the only vendor i would recommend when building an EDI with E/C).

What do you dislike?

After working with E/C for three years at this point, E/C always finds a way to work through any identified issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It works and works well. The investment cost will be significantly offset with client loyalty and new revenue.

Business benefits include:

1. Loyalty from client since we are giving them the enrollment platform.

2. Increased revenue due to simple enrollment process for employee with no pressure. We average 60%+ participation in ancillary coverages.

3. Efficiencies for monitoring census data and enrollment elections.

4. Differentiator for my firm.

5. Client satisfaction.

EaseCentral review by Rachel H.
Rachel H.

"Great system, better than competitors"

What do you like best?

This system overall is excellent, user friendly and easy for clients and employees to login, review benefits options and make elections. We went from 0 to 60 with EaseCentral last fall and now could not operate without it.

What do you dislike?

I have no major complaints. For simple groups who want benefits management this system is perfect. As you get a little more complex there are still a few nuances to be worked through, like keeping just TRANSIT unlocked for benefits changes while locking all other benefits, and having multiple reviewers for processing changes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It takes a while and hands on time to get comfortable with the intricacies of the system, but it has been worth it for our team.

We are solving the problem of benefits enrollment for employees. The biggest benefits we see are TRACKING of employees logging in and making their elections, signed forms with any paper, full transparency on employee contributions per pay period. It's all great.

EaseCentral review by Jessica G.
Jessica G.

"Benefits Admin made easy!"

What do you like best?

It's pretty simple to build client portals in EaseCentral, and renewing plans is fast! The have a great customer service hotline to help you with complex plans or issues. They are constantly improving their capabilities to make them better and easier to navigate. I like that you can update plans easily, and toggle back and forth between plans really fast. We used another benefits admIt's pretty simple to build client portals in EaseCentral. Renewing plans is fast! The have a great customer service hotline to help you with complex plans or issues. They are constantly improving their capabilities to make them better and easier to navigate. I like that you can update plans easily, and toggle back and forth between screens really fast. We used another benefits admin system for 8 years and made a change to EaseCentral a year ago, and we don't have any regrets.in system for 8 years and made a change to EaseCentral a year ago, and we don't have any regrets.

What do you dislike?

There are a few navigation issues when pulling up data. In some areas/screens, you can search and select multiple plans or employees, but in a few areas you cannot and have to scroll and scroll and scroll (and if you have several hundred employees, that's a pain). To retrieve a report or enrollment summary, you have to get out of the client and go to the reporting area. Then you have to go back to the client area to get the other data you need, like the members' full SSN. We handle all enrollments/terms for our clients, so it's a pain to go retrieve the SSN under each employee records (I wish it would display on the enrollment summary). I don't like that you have to manually lock new hires to prevent them from logging in and making changes throughout the year. You can't set-up a qualifying event for an employee and then tell them to login to enroll. The employee has to do it, and we get resistance sometimes and have to then make all their elections for them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask a lot of questions on the training. The implementation and training was the bumpiest part, and we almost reversed our decision over it. The initial trainer assigned to us was not a good fit at all. Even more challenging was that we have 8 users, and they wanted 7 of us to watch 1 person get trained. We don't believe that watching someone else learn to use the system is a good method for us to become proficient--we needed hands-on, direct training. We had to push back big time to get more hands-on training and another trainer. Then it was MUCH better!

We're offering a free enrollment portal to our clients, which helps us attract and retain business. It's a nice looking portal--simple and easy to navigate for most users. We like that there are several payroll companies that integrate with EaseCentral. We are hopeful that EDI feeds will be coming to our state soon to help cut down on the manual enrollment/termination process we do now for our clients. That would relieve a HUGE admin burden from our team, and free up time for staff to handle more clients and complex issues.

EaseCentral review by Matthew C.
Matthew C.

"Best Technology Resource Ever"

What do you like best?

The items that i like best is the simple user friendly display. The administration & usage of this is so simple and unbelievably fast. The support team of easecentral is remarkable. The actual service & product is darn close to perfect- this is a phenomenonal resource tool.

What do you dislike?

I dont necessarily agree with some of the changes that occurred, but my only dislike is nothing with the software & service- its just pricing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a must for your clients, with the technology revolution that is occurring for employers software like this needs to be a part of your services. The importance is that with this you can really make benefits efficient for your clients, meanwhile being able to provide a tool that will help them grow their business.

I am solving Time & Attendence, Payroll, HRIS and compliance. The onboarding feature is very useful as well. The major benefit i have noticed is efficiency for the admins.

EaseCentral review by Melissa P.
Melissa P.

"A full service broker's dream!"

What do you like best?

EaseCentral makes eligibility management a breeze! No more paper, no applications slipping through the cracks, and I no longer have to decipher untidy handwriting. Open enrollment is so smooth and much more organized.

What do you dislike?

There are few things I dislike, and EaseCentral is constantly making improvements based on the requests from EaseCentral users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're still on the fence about EaseCentral, I recommend you go for it! You will not be disappointed!

Aside from making enrollments, terminations and open enrollment much more efficient, the biggest problem EaseCentral has solved is employee tracking. In the past, if there was a question regarding an employee's plan, I would have to either look it up on the carrier portal (if they had one!) or call the carrier. It saves so much time having all the employee and plan information all in one spot!

Agency

"A Broker's Best Friend "

What do you like best?

I love the portability and convenience of this product. We have a lot of clientele who do not have access to computers at home but everyone has a smart phone! Ease Central makes it easy for our clients to access all of their benefit information from the convenience of their phone.

What do you dislike?

The integration between Everwell and Ease Central will need some tweaking but thats about all the complaints I have so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As a company, we have demoed a lot of products out there and EaseCentral was the one out of all of them that caught our eye the most. After running through a trial and discussing our concerns with Ease Central staff, we made the commitment and are very pleased with our decision to switch.

We have been working on the integration process with Everwell and EaseCentral, making it more compatible for both systems to work flawlessly. There are still a few hiccups but we are getting through it

EaseCentral review by Consultant

"Enrollment technology for groups of all sizes"

What do you like best?

Easy to implement, easy to update. Changes take effect in real time. The most common issue for employees is losing their username, not problems with the system.

What do you dislike?

The instructions and 'Learn More' bubbles can be confusing. I lucky have a couple of co-workers who have used the system for years who can decipher the jargon for me. And sending tickets is easy with fairly quick responses.

There have been a couple of instances of 'the system can't do that'. But all in all it is very robust for the vast majority of configurations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Technology is here to stay. You can put all of your clients on EaseCentral and have one place versus a bunch of different programs to log in to.

People don't like paper anymore. Group administrators can communicate and track open enrollment and new hire enrollments electronically and they don't have to track people down or send tons of individual emails. Barring some generational gaps, most employees totally embrace technology now.

EaseCentral review by Vicki B.
Vicki B.

"Easy to use, easy to set up and the broker has control. Love it!"

What do you like best?

I love how easy EC is to use. I love that the broker is in control of the data so we don't have to wait on someone to get back with us if an employee needs help. We pretty much know how to trouble shoot.

What do you dislike?

I wish more employer specific forms could be mapped OR, give the employer the ability to map them to heir site only. The biggest hang-up seems to be employer specific forms.

Easier to capture data on employees. Taking time on the front end to set up saves SO much time on the back end for implementation of a group. Carriers loves the "clean" forms...easy to read. LOVE the fact that I can get an EOI on an employee without having to go back and ask for one. Employees can "tally" how much they're spending during enrollment. It's just so easy to use!

EaseCentral review by Jessica  S.
Jessica S.

"Vital for our business"

What do you like best?

It's a long list....The ease of use for our client and their employees, the accuracy and reporting for our internal team. The professionalism and solutions we can bring to new prospects. The speed with which trouble shooting take place.

What do you dislike?

I wish their was a notification feature when a new employee completes their selections.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you aren't using this tool or something just like it you are missing the boat and it's a matter of time until another broker takes your clients using this as a springboard.

It has allowed us to use only one or two enrollers instead of teams of two or three. Everything is faster and cleaner!

EaseCentral review by David G.
David G.

"Ease Central makes our agency more valuable to our clients"

What do you like best?

The system is incredibly intuitive, but the best part for me is their Help Desk. I am still learning the technology, and I've called at least 5 times in the past 8 weeks with very detailed, client-specific questions. The Help Desk Staff knows the questions to ask to pinpoint the problem and effectively troubleshoot, and then they explain why it wasn't working so I know next time.

What do you dislike?

So far, there is nothing about the system that I don't like.

Ease helps us solve one of our clients' biggest headaches, which is chasing people down for forms. It has enabled us to provide more value to our clients, which in turn leads to increased retention.

EaseCentral review by Stacey H.
Stacey H.

"Love EaseCentral"

What do you like best?

The best part of EaseCentral is that I have control of the site. If there are issues, I can make changes. If something comes up I don't have to wait for customer service to help me.

What do you dislike?

I patiently waiting for EaseCentral to get file feeds to the carriers. Other than that the system works great for small group clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The most important piece is making sure that clients understand, EaseCentral is for data collection. It does not currently file feed to the main medical and ancillary carriers.

Allows clients to let their employees enroll online without the hassle of paper. Keeps track of the employees information. Allows for Onboarding, ACA reporting and a few other HR services.

EaseCentral review by Jennifer F.
Jennifer F.

"Easecentral saved me personally hours of work this open enrollment"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use for the employees of my groups. For me I love the fact that I no longer need to create custom rate sheets and election forms for each employee of every group.

What do you dislike?

That I don't fully understand all functionality, but that is just because I haven't had the time to participate in any web trainings. The help functions are very useful and I can usually figure out what I need to know.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Strongly recommend

Time saving for myself and my clients, love that there is no longer an issue of missing information on applications.

EaseCentral review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Great portal for onboarding and benefits"

What do you like best?

EaseCentral is VERY user friendly and the system has it's flaws, but essentially is extremely easy to use both on the administrative and client side. This portal has been very good for onboarding purposes and encompasses exactly what we are looking for. There is a great support team that is fast at responding to ticket requests and there are videos to show you how to do certain things.

What do you dislike?

As with any technical system, there are flaws. The system can be very particular in how the client companies are built. It's nice to be able to test employees out to ensure that benefit amounts are populating correctly.

We use EaseCentral for onboarding and open enrollment purposes. This is a great space to put all company information and to get documents out to employees.

EaseCentral review by Jillian U.
Jillian U.

"Ease Central Success"

What do you like best?

Ease Central is a great resource, housing all group employment and benefit data. It is a one stop for activity and accessing employee info. It is great to have all groups' activities in one location. It is a time saver, efficient and simple to use. When help is needed, they are quick to help and provide immediate solutions.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that all my groups are not utilizing it yet. There has not been anything to dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it. Add your client data and utilize the activity reports. It is awesome!

We are utilizing Ease Central for open enrollment, ongoing enrollments and terminations, qualifying events, plan information and rates, and SBC access for employees.

EaseCentral review by Consultant

"If you are looking to save time, become more efficient...then this is the company to work with."

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to build out a site for a company. I was using a system previously that would take us days to have ready. We are now getting sites ready within an hour or two for some mid-sized clients and sometimes 20 minutes or less for really small ones.

What do you dislike?

I do wish there was more disclaimers and language that was in the library that can easily be applied to different lines of coverage. Video's would be nice as well. Although, we are getting pretty efficient with building out our own library with this info.

This has allowed us to streamline the benefit administration/education process for our clients. Before we were doing something different for each one and the consistence was difficult. We feel so much more organized now.

EaseCentral review by David C.
David C.

"Fantastic Benefit Admin PLatform"

What do you like best?

I like the customizability of the product and the ease of use. Working with the customer service team has always a great experience and I am always able to get my question answered the first time.

What do you dislike?

There are some internal things that we do as an agency that I would like to see implemented in EC. But they have an internal approval process to see if it should be added. Not as customizable as something like Salesforce.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a very affordable solution for small brokerage houses.

We are solving data integrity problems and streamlining the enrollment process for ourselves and our clients and their employees.

EaseCentral review by Consultant in Human Resources
Consultant in Human Resources

"It's comparable to the larger companies software at a affordable price"

What do you like best?

We have been working with EaseCentral for a year now. It's customer friend and easy to use and when you need help their customer support team is knowledgeable and helpful. Ease Central is truly one of the easiest systems and best values one can offer clients.This platform helps me with customer retention. It is easy to use and customer support is great!

What do you dislike?

The lack of full integration with payroll and other platforms such as Cobra benefits.As part of the on boarding process it lack employee applications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is truly a easy platform to use, still needs to add some more features but they are constantly upgrading their platform.

EaseCentral allows small and mid-size agencies the technical tools to compete with much larger firms, at an affordable price. The ability to shop, quote and enroll from a single source is a great feature, a one stop shop that is easy to use.

EaseCentral review by Dierdre  K.
Dierdre K.

"Great Benefits Admin System for Mid and Small Employers"

What do you like best?

Employees find it easy to use and attractive, enhancing an employer's benefit image. It's not over-engineered. We get good feedback from our clients' employees.

What do you dislike?

Our team, at our brokerage, is fully up to speed with set up and administration. We do set up on behalf of our clients - so this concern is not an employer nor employee facing concern. It took some time, there's always a learning curve, and continues to take a lot of time. We continue to find it a worthwhile in spite of this.

We are able to help clients onboard new employees more effectively and efficiently. Our labor costs decrease during the year, our efficiency increases during the year.

EaseCentral review by Elizabeth D.
Elizabeth D.

"Great tool for our clients for open enrollment"

What do you like best?

We love that the employees can log in and review all of the benefit information and make their own selections.

What do you dislike?

I have to use the work around in order to show the employees their current selections during open enrollment. Moving up to the next subscription is too pricey.

Recommendations to others considering the product

EaseCentral is what you make of it. The more you use it the better it is. We still are planning to implement the ACA requirements with our 50+ clients and look forward to each update.

I like that we are able to pull a census with the employee premiums on it. My clients like being able to compare their payroll deduction against the census.

EaseCentral review by Administrator

"New and Renewal Enrollment with EaseCentral"

What do you like best?

The system is very friendly from an employee-facing perspective. From an employer/broker perspective, the reporting tools are great. The plan and rate library is easy to access and creates efficiencies when building out an employer portal. The EaseCentral administrator support is outstanding.

What do you dislike?

Processing renewal enrollments is a bit cumbersome from a broker/employer perspective. Population of change forms (or lack thereof) is problematic. In addition, the definition of a "change" within EaseCentral is not clear, making it difficult to know which sources within the system should be used to ensure that all renewal applications have been downloaded for processing. Electronic data transmission to insurance carriers generally involves multiple attempts as new carriers partner with EaseCentral.

Allows us to be more competitive in the marketplace as we are able to offer EaseCentral to current and prospective clients for both retention and acquisition of clients. For new enrollments, decreases processing time as enrollment forms no longer have to be handwritten and proofed as thoroughly prior to transmitting to insurance carriers.

EaseCentral review by Crissy D.
Crissy D.

"Highly recommend this amazing program"

What do you like best?

Easy to use - Creates accurate & efficient benefit administration - and the Customer service is AMAZING!!!

What do you dislike?

When in Manage Changes and run enrollment summaries you have to go into Reports to download them. Wish that they would be available right from the Manage Changes site so that it would streamline the process a bit - no worries though, I just open EaseCentral in two separate windows and so that I can download the reports and file them at the same time that I am processing changes.

Employees completing their enrollments timely, completely and accurately was the biggest problem that we were having and EaseCentral has solved that completely.

"Great "Ease" of Use"

What do you like best?

Plan set up and management is easy, a large variety of pre-generated reporting exists as well as the ability to run custom reports.

What do you dislike?

It is a bit difficult to see exactly what an employee is looking at when they log in to select benefits, which can be a bit confuses when walking the employee through the enrollment process

Recommendations to others considering the product

The ease of use is great. Reporting is varied, easy, and high customizable. User feedback has been very positive and the support team has been very efficient and engaging.

The onboarding process for group benefits is much simpler, allowing employees to review costs/benefits/documents related to their options in a clean, simple portal. The reporting functions on these elections are great for auditing and analysis.

EaseCentral review by Ian R.
Ian R.

"Ben Admin system that's easy to setup, fast to deploy and it works"

What do you like best?

The fact that our team can setup a client in a matter of hours and be ready to deploy a system that helps bring benefits in to an electronic age. The EaseCentral system was designed and continues to evolve in ways that make almost any benefits program and contribution strategy a possibility to deploy.

What do you dislike?

Product updates and new capabilities happen so quickly that if you miss a couple weeks of updates, you can be really behind.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you haven't already started using EaseCentral, you're falling really far behind. Great system and great people running and building it.

The new ACA rating system is overly complicated for most people to understand and EaseCentral allows people to spend time comparing/contrasting plans rather than trying to understand the administrative side of benefits. For companies with several carriers, it's also very helpful to not require employees complete multiple forms with duplicate information. And having one centralized database for everything benefits related helps companies, HR and the broker. This system has helped on account management as well as sales and is helping to bring about a paradigm shift in employee benefits.

EaseCentral review by Jennifer S.
Jennifer S.

"Simple. Clean. Intuitive."

What do you like best?

EASE's simple, clean design makes is easy to use. It is easy to collect information from the system and submit it to carriers. Everything is maintained in the history of the client and can be used to easily perform reporting requirements, total compensation statements and more. My employers enjoy receiving a summary of enrollment and corresponding deductions following open enrollment. With all the support materials, including administrative guides, etc, it is easy to teach a client how to administer their end of the platform. Many employees contact my office for questions and assistance. Having the information available to me from EASE allows me and my staff to answer questions quickly, without having to contact the carrier.

What do you dislike?

It would be helpful if the system was able to populate a change form when an employee makes a change through the system. It would also be helpful for those employers using the system year round if we could renew the new year's benefits and simply have a "turn on" date identified in the system. Instead, we have to change the dates, then go back in to change them when we want open enrollment to start.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The system is constantly updating features and capabilities. If you want to use it to the fullest, keep up with the notices on updates.

Open Enrollment management has become a staple through the platform. The amount of time and followup saved by not having to chase down and collect forms, interpret elections, and request missing information has allowed us to do more, and offer better service.

EaseCentral review by Andria S.
Andria S.

"Ease Central is a great, user friendly electronic enrollment software!"

What do you like best?

I like how user friendly it is. I also like the fact that I can see all of our clients in one place and can quickly access information required. I appreciate the support that I receive any time I have a question and call in. the tech team is very friendly and knowledgeable. My calls are always answered promptly, and I'm never on hold for long periods of time. this is a company who appreciates and respects their customer's time.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to sort my groups/employees by Renewal dates, New Hires, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a very user friendly software, and provides a lot of detail regarding our clients that otherwise I would have to manually look up in a file folder. The technology is great and we enjoy using this system. I would recommend this software to any Insurance broker, or client based companies.

Our groups have an system that is easy to use, and provides all benefits in one place. As a broker, we enjoy the ability to see all of our groups in one place as well.

EaseCentral review by Charlie W.
Charlie W.

"EaseCentral Review and Comments regarding their services and products"

What do you like best?

Simplicity, Ease of Use, Customization, Winning New Clients. I like the reporting and the continued updates and improvements. They are a very responsive vendor.

What do you dislike?

Some items are still in the infancy stage and need improvements. They do regularly improve. Some benefits and the flexibility to order benefits could be greatly improved. I would like the ability to add custom links using various buttons on the dashboard. I would like benefit wages and actual wages tabs. Bonus tabs / field/ More flexibility so Total Comp statements would be of more use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it, Use it, Use it!! Make it mandatory, train entire team, hire to make sure it is managed. Get clients using and train them. Use on-boarding. Use test employees to check and double check. Set implementation goals and time-frames. Hold your team accountable for implementation. There is a learning curve. Getting all in and training greatly helps the process.

Organization, communications, speed of enrollment process, general efficiency, new sales, selling fee for service compliance easier, ACA Reporting. Elimination of mistakes and incomplete applications. Saves time because rather than waiting on clients to send census, its already there. Identification of mistakes / errors that you are not aware of.

EaseCentral review by Jordan V.
Jordan V.

"Incredible Product for Managing Clients"

What do you like best?

I love the online enrollment system for enrolling new employees in their benefits. Additionally, the open enrollment system is a great way to streamline the annual process of renewing employee benefits. I really appreciate how the EaseCentral team is always trying to introduce new features to make the system even more useful and user friendly.

What do you dislike?

I have had very few problems with Easecentral, and the support team is always very prompt at resolving the issue, but there have been a few times where the system malfunctioned and did not generate a report of a change made in the system, which caused a bit of additionally work on our part.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely at least give it a try, The increasing amount of carriers that are integrated makes it very little work to process and enrollment.

We primarily use the new hire enrollment and open enrollment features for managing our clients employee benefits. Additionally the on- boarding feature is used by our clients quite a bit.

EaseCentral review by anne k.
anne k.

"Great for New hire Enrollment - Not Good on Open Enrollment unless it is EDT feed"

What do you like best?

I like using EASECENTRAL for New Hire Enrollment.

I also like EASECENTRAL Reports on Excel after an enrollment to help with PAYROLL DEDUCTIONS as well as billing Reconciliation.

What do you dislike?

We are having a MAJOR ISSUE with our Open Enrollments. For 1st year Open Enrollments if you want to be able to run a CHANGE Report - you will need to Double build the case - as in .. Build Current Benefits and then load Current Enrollment. Then build Open Enrollment benefits and rates. So that after the Open Enrollment you have the ability to run a Change report. WORSE than this - is the system is built around the assumption that the CARRIER wipes the slate clean yearly and you use EASECENTRAl to Upload everyones elections. If the Carrier doesn't support this- then you are left with the Traditional way of ONLY Submitting the Changes. PROBLEM IS - The system as it stands makes that option a huge volume of work, not to mention paperwork. Apps are printed for all employees, so you have to print a change report . The when you to the best of your ability identify the actual changes , there is no way of just pulling those apps. Instead you have to either print them from the batch - then scan and send etc... SO ALL IN ALL THE VOLUMA OF WORK FOR AN AGENT HAS EASILY QUADRUPLED FOR OPEN ENROLLMENT

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think the system will morph into something very usable. For now, it's a good start but has a ways to go.

LOOKING UP WHAT BENEFITS AN EMPLOYEE HAS DUING THE YEAR IS EASY. SYSTEM KEEPS BENEFIT MATERIAL , RATES, ELIGIBILITY, AND PROVIDER LINKS READILY ACCESSIBLE.

EaseCentral review by Matthew S.
Matthew S.

"Gets the job done quickly and efficiently"

What do you like best?

The enrollment process can truly become streamlined and efficient. EaseCentral supports all the different carrier forms that we need and they continue to add more. Having rate tables loaded automatically makes the typically tedious process of setting up a group a breeze.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally we need to use a paper form that is not supported and it takes some time to get it into the system. A short workaround is to attach a PDF document but that is not as good as having the entire forms package auto-filled.

Recommendations to others considering the product

EaseCentral started of with a really effective form-filling system, and continues to grow by additional features and capabilities. It is very easy on the budget too.

We can easily manage large complicated enrollments with employers in multiple locations or other states. By having one central place and process to collect all the necessary for underwriting makes our jobs that much more accurate and efficient.

Agency in Insurance

"Great Benefits Platform "

What do you like best?

The system is so quick and user friendly to set clients up on! Once set up, it is also easily navigated and accessible to both employees and administrators alike. The new employee onboarding is also a nice feature to have available!

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike. The only issue I've ever had was trying to get Grandfathered pricing/contributions being applied 100% correct. Luckily we don't have many of those clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Since most of the information is there it would be nice if it would also download a Benefits Guide. It's nice to have a guide for employees to review in conjunction with the portal.

This is a great platform to have for those clients that have employees that work remotely. It's also nice for the compliance aspect, as far as having the SBC's as well as the ERISA/Wrap docs posted

EaseCentral review by Carmen S.
Carmen S.

"EaseCentral - your new HR Assistant"

What do you like best?

The ease of use for both HR and your employees. The tracking so HR can track where the employees are in the enrollment process and email reminders for employees to go in and complete their benefits. No chasing paperwork from your employees.

What do you dislike?

The inability to hard key in amounts for voluntary universal life benefits.

No more having to decipher employee's handwriting with the pre-populated forms. No more chasing down employees that have missed completing parts of the applications.

EaseCentral review by Alexandra S.
Alexandra S.

"EC is Going Somewhere"

What do you like best?

It makes it REALLY easy for me, as the benefits administrator/broker to manage my clients and assist with their needs. From e-signed forms to access to personal information to help with claims, this tool makes my job a million times easier.

What do you dislike?

It does have some limitations. They are building it as they go and some features are still a bit buggy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's very easy to use. If you have a workforce that has access to computers, you'll love this product.

Our brokers manage a lot of our clients' benefits administration. I manage almost all open enrollment, new hires and terms, and day to day changes so this tool helps me with that. Instead of having to collect paper documents and make sure they are filled out correctly, I can just download the forms I need, pre-filled out, and send them to the carriers with no hassle.

"Pretty darn good"

What do you like best?

The accuracy and legibility of completed forms that go to the Carriers

What do you dislike?

EDI not fully functional, especially for Small Groups or groups who have existing accounts that EDI can't be added to. Also, teaching/training the Admins at there place of business has been difficult and ongoing. We have ended up taking back all of the group admin from them, so that doesn't decrease our workload, as we hoped it would.

Recommendations to others considering the product

unless you utilize a GA for setup (at which time you won't have control over the minute details), be prepared to spend a lot of time on set up and customizing

Having access to company and EE info; easy to get rates. accuracy on carrier forms

EaseCentral review by Administrator

"Great Time Saver/Paper Saver"

What do you like best?

I am the person in our company who handles all of the administration of employee benefits and payroll reports. I like that I can keep track of employees progress throughout the whole enrollment process. It has been a very effective tool for me to keep track of new hires, terminations, etc for all of our various groups. It saves our company a lot of paper, as well as makes my job a lot easier. It has also helped that as long as all the rates are correct, it only takes me a few minutes to run a payroll report for any given company. Our office used to use Healthconnect for payroll reports, but this is a lot more time consuming than using EaseCentral.

Overall, a great product.

What do you dislike?

Some of our groups with older employees have difficulty using the system. I am able to walk them through it if they call in, but most of the time they end up not completing enrollment or signing hard copies.

EaseCentral has effectively reduced the amount of paper our company uses. I am able to do everything by downloading applications/summaries and saving them directly into company or employee files.

Before EaseCentral, we were always receiving hard copies and scanning them into the system. This eliminates the need for those paper copies, for our groups who are willing to switch over to EaseCentral.

"Simple and Easy"

What do you like best?

Implementing a new employer on the site was easy and if I have any questions the EaseCentral Support Desk was just a quick phone call and the reps. I have talked to were very helpful with what I needed

What do you dislike?

The only problem I have is not being able for my clients to have direct contact with having an EaseCentral rep. assist with training and implementing the Onboarding tools/resources. I was advised that our office needs to be trained first then we need to train our clients. If there was a way EaseCentral can train our clients directly about this would be very helpful since that is the one dislike I h

The implementation of the Onboarding tool and resources. It's great for our client to have but wish if Ease Central can train our clients directly since I am not familiar with how to get this done.

"EaseCentral Review"

What do you like best?

I like EaseCentral as it holds many pieces of information needed for business on a day to day process and it holds it in a easy and accessible platform for anyone to understand.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how you have to have the history to be correct (adding and deleting) to get the history right for the ACA when it is entered wrong by the HR Person.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great for getting ahead of the times with Technology - you are able to complete I-9, W-4, deposit information and enrolling in benefits all in one area.

HR's did not always have a good process for open enrollment so EaseCentral helps keep businesses on track and know when employees have made changes or finished items that could take double the time if using paper.

EaseCentral review by Shannon  U.
Shannon U.

"Awesome benefit platform!"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use by all levels of employees.

What do you dislike?

It is hard to add unique benefit plans. Example; Life plans driven by changing interest rates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a very good benefit platform. It is simple to use and easy to work with.

The business problems we are solving for our clients are increased efficiency and accuracy. The benefits we are realizing are faster enrollments with minimal paper.

EaseCentral review by Nathan A.
Nathan A.

"EaseCentral online benefits enrollment system"

What do you like best?

EaseCentral lives up to it's name, it's super easy to use and anyone can do it! Plus is makes our job as a broker so much easier, makes us look good and adds a lot of value to our clients.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to have direct EDI feeds to ALL carriers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set up is easy, great support and cost effective.

Accurate data gathering, rate calculations, employee tracking, ACA compliance, etc.

EaseCentral review by Lynda V.
Lynda V.

"EaseCentral simplifies Benefits Administration from Onboarding to the final Employee Engagement "

What do you like best?

Easy, accurate, paperless benefits communication and enrollment, Ease with Benefit Communication Campaigns. Helps with client retention

What do you dislike?

Need more payroll vendor integrations. Also would love to see EDI (electronic data) file feeds from Ease Central to carrier partners

Cleaner Benefits Administration, Immediate Access to Employee Data, Increased participation in Voluntary Benefit Plans making it by far the easiest way to meet minimum carrier requirements!

EaseCentral review by Alex K.
Alex K.

"Neat all in one employee insurance benefits system"

What do you like best?

Clean cut website, easy to navigate from an employee perspective

Lots of customization

Outstanding support team

Ability to view payroll deductions

What do you dislike?

Way too many steps to remember from an agent or HR perspective to load a new group

Doesn't automatically load renewal plans, must re-load manually again as if a new group

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk to support often

Single platform for employers to handle multiple lines of business

Agency in Insurance

"EaseCentral makes administration easy"

What do you like best?

Employee enrollment capabilities. Ease of administration

What do you dislike?

EaseCentral is always working to improve the platform by adding more features and while I like that the system is always evolving for the better, it does make it a bit challenging to learn how to utilize all the system's features.

I no longer have to conduct in-person enrollment meetings, saving me and my clients time. I don't have to print off tons of handouts and enrollment forms. All material is on EaseCentral. The forms are fully completed and no need to go back to the client for missing information. Faster approval times as a result.

EaseCentral review by Nolan W.
Nolan W.

"Outstanding onboarding, benefits, and HR"

What do you like best?

Favorite features: clean layout, easy to customize, friendly and knowledgeable support team, syncs with top payroll providers like TRAXPayroll, and Paylocity. It also makes setting up multi-tier and multi-state groups really easy. I also like the ability to build custom links, videos, and other educational materials as part of the employee onboarding experience.

What do you dislike?

Looking forward to more integrations with payroll dividers. Also looking forward to an Ease Central app for employees to access coverage information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just give it a try- you won't find an easier system to learn and use. Build times are short, so you'll be able to evaluate it quickly.

Enrolling in employee benefits can be a real headache- Ease Central is helping us streamline how employees better nderstand, and enroll in their benefits.

EaseCentral review by Matthew M.
Matthew M.

"Easecentral - great software backed by incredible people"

What do you like best?

The speed and frequency that they make changes to adapt to the current marketplace. Often time new feature requests will appear within days of requesting them. They couldn't be more responsive to their customers. They make administration of benefits easy.

What do you dislike?

The price could be a little less, but you definitely receive a top notch product and experience for what you do pay. As far as the software goes, anything that I dislike is usually fixed and improved in short order.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! you wont regret it!

Ease central removes the need for giant stacks of paper at every open enrollment and with every new hire. It collects and reports so much more information than would be possible with our old system.

Agency

"Helpful tool to streamline/simplify benefit management that could use a few upgrades"

What do you like best?

The employee experience is very "current" and much more user friendly than handing them a confusing worksheet and even more confusing application to fill out.

What do you dislike?

The fact that it does not feed info directly to carrier, the fact that all plans have to be entered one by one and that the system does not know what to offer employees based on zip code. There is still a TON of manual work that goes into making the system work and thankfully that is not something the employees see, but is still pretty labor intensive on the back end.

The need for paper worksheets/apps. The waste level of printing all those documents. Empowering employees to make decisions and add/delete dependents at their leisure instead of waiting for us to produce a new worksheet.

EaseCentral review by Tina V.
Tina V.

"Quick response and easy to connect with"

What do you like best?

I can send inquires when having any problems and they are quick to respond and assist to getting the problem resolved.

Recently started using the HRIS feature for employees -very well received.

The ease of the product with locating what is needed and where the information can be found

What do you dislike?

The time difference between Michigan and Las Vegas. I really don't have anything bad to say. The onboarding team was great and whenever I need something they are available to handle and we get it completed

We use the system for an enrollment system for our self funded plan. We recently started using the HRIS system for our employees and it has been well received.

EaseCentral review by Administrator

"Great Online Benefit Enrollment Product"

What do you like best?

The ease of enrolling in benefits and the time it saves us.

Employees appreciate being able to login from home to view their benefits.

Viewing the screen is very user friendly and easy to follow along for new employees.

What do you dislike?

We are liking this software and do not have an dislikes at this time.

Eliminating the need to complete paper applications.

Helps create reports for our customers to review.

Produces a benefit summary for employees to take home with them and for the employer to keep for their records.

Agency in Insurance

"Strong Benefits Admin Platform"

What do you like best?

The ACA module handles both tracking of eligibility and enrollment data and is capable of marrying the two data sets to determine the correct coding for 1094/5 forms. The enrollment platform is very easy to use, better looking and more functional than any other system I've tested before it. My clients love it!

What do you dislike?

Reporting options are a bit lacking. I would like to see better enrollment tracking reports, or better enrollment tracking details on the dashboard.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As an insurance agency, I vetted several benefits administration systems and EaseCentral was by far the best one. Comprehensive enrollment and admin features, and the ACA module is better than any other I've tested. Plus, the system integrates with my quote system and outputs enrollments in formats the carriers accept.

EaseCentral has made the enrollment process clean, easy, and streamlined for both my agency AND my clients. Cuts down the time it takes to complete enrollment and shortens underwriting times from submission to approval. Plus clients and employees love the system compared to paper applications.

EaseCentral review by Administrator

"Amazing Online Benefit Platform"

What do you like best?

I love how easy the site is to customize. It's very intuitive and easy to move around, which is useful both in building sites, as well as training employees and admins on how to use it. The customer service team is awesome and always quick to respond with helpful input. I've called dozens of times and they're always attentive, quick, and friendly. Ease is constantly updating with new features and materials, which is also very nice, as it seems that they listen to user input and apply what they hear. This has been an invaluable tool for our groups with the transition from paper to online enrollment.

What do you dislike?

Most of what I have disliked or run into snags with on the site have been resolved over time through site updates. There are a couple features that I think would be really helpful that haven't been addressed yet, but it seems that they might be in the works for future updates. For example, it would be very helpful to be able to rearrange the benefit order when employees are going through enrollment. As of now, they appear alphabetically, or in the order in which they were initially loaded into Ease.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend

We haven't implemented the HRIS system much, but we were able to do some ACA forms with it this last year. The reporting has been helpful for payroll reports and keeping a current online database of employee information, which we or the admin can access quickly if needed. It has sped up renewals, quoting, and enrollment significantly.

Learn more about Ease

Ease Videos

Learning about Ease?

* We monitor all Ease reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.