EasyBib.com

EasyBib.com provides citation, note-taking and research tools. EasyBib offers free and premium services for individuals and institutions.

Work for EasyBib.com?

Learning about EasyBib.com?

EasyBib.com Reviews

Showing 84 EasyBib.com reviews
EasyBib.com review by <span>Angie P.</span>
Angie P.

Saved my butt for school!

What do you like best?

To be honest, writing bibliographies is a pain in the ass. Further, there are so many different systems that, as soon as you switch disciplines or even publications, you're flipping back and forth, trying to remember which style is the correct style. EasyBib does it all for you. The amount of time I saved using this product is uncountable!

What do you dislike?

Although I understand that free accounts come with advertisements, the ads for this site are really in your face. They take up most of the site, in fact. It was quite distracting most of the time, though I like that a premium account gives you the option to rid yourself of them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't have any particular recommendations for this product as it's pretty straightforward.

I actually use EasyBib for school, as opposed to business. EasyBib has helped me to properly site sources for everything from papers for a film class to lengthy proofs in my 400-level math courses. I really can't recommend it enough if you're a student or a scholar of any kind. I also wish that I had known about it when I was working as a copy-editor!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about EasyBib.com
EasyBib.com review by <span>Ilse D.</span>
Ilse D.

Easybib.com got me through grad school!

What do you like best?

Easybib.com is so easy to use and is available for several different formats. It not only generates citations for a one-time use, but is easy to follow along to teach the user for future citations with its research guides and other resources. It can pull titles and sources directly from a URL, ISBN, or title, or search by keywords. It is so simple to use!

What do you dislike?

You didn't used to have to pay for APA citations, but they've switched to EasyBib Pro which requires you to upgrade your account to cite using APA.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easybib.com is a great tool no matter how familiar you are with certain citation formats/styles. I've used it to generate brand new citations, and to check my own work against easybib.com. It is a really useful tool for folks in school, higher education, and other research industries. Depending on what format/style you need, I would recommend upgrading to EasyBib Pro to have access to more citation styles.

I used Easybib.com all through my undergraduate and graduate degree coursework. Now that I am a scholar working higher education working on my first professional article, easybib.com has been a terrific resource to check my citations. I can trust the software and know that, from experience, I am using proper citations.

What Reference Management solution do you use?

EasyBib.com review by <span>Joanne R.</span>
Joanne R.

Awesome tool

What do you like best?

Easy Bib is a very easy to use website. It elevates quite a bit of time and allows students to cite their sources correctly according to the required format. Students are still required to put in specific information, so they are still learning about citing their sources.

What do you dislike?

The website can be a bit distracting. There are often times quite a few advertisements, as this is a free site. The screen can have a lot going on, but the students only need to be using a small portion of the screen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure that students know what they are putting into the website, in order for them to be learning the requirements.

Easy way to properly cite sources for both students and teachers.

EasyBib.com review by User in Higher Education

Easy to use for citing websites

What do you like best?

It may just be me, but I've hated citations since the first essay I had to write in college. APA, MLA, in-text and 'Works Cited'/'Bibliography' pages, they can be infuriating, confusing, time-consuming, and grade-determining. Fortunately for the citation-inept among us, Easybib create your citations for you. Website data can be automatically retrieved for the most part, and you may need to manually enter it in for some other media, but these will provide you with the proper format and even help you make the page itself.

What do you dislike?

It's not perfect. Sometimes I'll compare double check the citation with as The Purdue Online Writing Lab (OWL) to ensure all the citation meets the criteria.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this website for all college/high school students that have writing classes.

When I was working as an IT Helpdesk, there were times when I have to send information/guideline to clients regarding there issue. I would do some research about the problem and gather the information needed and send it to the client. To avoid any trouble, I use Easybib to cite the source and following with the message to the client.

EasyBib.com review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

EasyBib is easy to use: A must-use product for students and professionals alike

What do you like best?

EasyBib is truly easy to use. I've never used a citation machine that is so easy and intuitive. Simply enter the link of the content you wish to cite and wah-la- EasyBib comes to the rescue. It also helps that it is a free resource.

What do you dislike?

Without going into too much detail, there are a few limitations to EasyBib. The site is laced with advertisements if you don't upgrade to the paid version - which is how they pay to keep the site updated, hosted, etc. The free trial is very short (2 days) and there are limits on which types of citations you can perform for free (MLA, APA, Chicago, etc.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend EasyBib for your education platform, however, please note that it is now owned by textbook giant Chegg, which may pose some issues down the road but for now, it's a solid platform that gets the job done for free - with most realizing they do not need the paid version of the product.

Providing this resource to our students is fantastic because it teaches them how to create and use citations correctly while providing ease of use.

EasyBib.com review by <span>Mark M.</span>
Mark M.

Excellent tool for educators

What do you like best?

The ability to drop a website into a field and come up with a citation is an excellent time saver for students. That you can report sources is also a definite boon for east bib. free account to save your citations and the citation page formatted in alphabetical order is excellent as well.

What do you dislike?

The updates to MLA are slow. The cite has too many options, and citations must be reviewed. Also you can't sign in with face book. I have two accounts but I can't see why I would want to keep an account as opposed to just using it for free. side bar ads distracting and not helpful

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep using it. But double check your citations using primary sources. But the ability to create projects is great, use the it after teaching students the theoretical ideas behind citation as part of a lecture and then have student use easy bib for subsequent essay project throughout the semester. Its an excellent tool and easy to use. Students are definetly comfortable and familiar with it.

It is a great time saver ,which can help educators focus student time on more important outcomes.as opposed to the dry work of citation. Considering how pressed for time educators are, this is vital. The ability to share between multiple independent accounts is really helpful for group work in classes. Students can create the citation and then share and double check their accuracy.

Learning about EasyBib.com?

* We monitor all EasyBib.com reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.