EasyBib.com

EasyBib.com provides citation, note-taking and research tools. EasyBib offers free and premium services for individuals and institutions.

Work for EasyBib.com?

Learning about EasyBib.com?

EasyBib.com Reviews

Ask EasyBib.com a Question
Showing 85 EasyBib.com reviews
EasyBib.com review by Angie P.
Angie P.

"Saved my butt for school!"

What do you like best?

To be honest, writing bibliographies is a pain in the ass. Further, there are so many different systems that, as soon as you switch disciplines or even publications, you're flipping back and forth, trying to remember which style is the correct style. EasyBib does it all for you. The amount of time I saved using this product is uncountable!

What do you dislike?

Although I understand that free accounts come with advertisements, the ads for this site are really in your face. They take up most of the site, in fact. It was quite distracting most of the time, though I like that a premium account gives you the option to rid yourself of them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't have any particular recommendations for this product as it's pretty straightforward.

I actually use EasyBib for school, as opposed to business. EasyBib has helped me to properly site sources for everything from papers for a film class to lengthy proofs in my 400-level math courses. I really can't recommend it enough if you're a student or a scholar of any kind. I also wish that I had known about it when I was working as a copy-editor!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about EasyBib.com
EasyBib.com review by Ilse D.
Ilse D.

"Easybib.com got me through grad school!"

What do you like best?

Easybib.com is so easy to use and is available for several different formats. It not only generates citations for a one-time use, but is easy to follow along to teach the user for future citations with its research guides and other resources. It can pull titles and sources directly from a URL, ISBN, or title, or search by keywords. It is so simple to use!

What do you dislike?

You didn't used to have to pay for APA citations, but they've switched to EasyBib Pro which requires you to upgrade your account to cite using APA.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easybib.com is a great tool no matter how familiar you are with certain citation formats/styles. I've used it to generate brand new citations, and to check my own work against easybib.com. It is a really useful tool for folks in school, higher education, and other research industries. Depending on what format/style you need, I would recommend upgrading to EasyBib Pro to have access to more citation styles.

I used Easybib.com all through my undergraduate and graduate degree coursework. Now that I am a scholar working higher education working on my first professional article, easybib.com has been a terrific resource to check my citations. I can trust the software and know that, from experience, I am using proper citations.

What Reference Management solution do you use?

EasyBib.com review by Joanne R.
Joanne R.

"Awesome tool"

What do you like best?

Easy Bib is a very easy to use website. It elevates quite a bit of time and allows students to cite their sources correctly according to the required format. Students are still required to put in specific information, so they are still learning about citing their sources.

What do you dislike?

The website can be a bit distracting. There are often times quite a few advertisements, as this is a free site. The screen can have a lot going on, but the students only need to be using a small portion of the screen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure that students know what they are putting into the website, in order for them to be learning the requirements.

Easy way to properly cite sources for both students and teachers.

EasyBib.com review by User in Higher Education

"Easy to use for citing websites"

What do you like best?

It may just be me, but I've hated citations since the first essay I had to write in college. APA, MLA, in-text and 'Works Cited'/'Bibliography' pages, they can be infuriating, confusing, time-consuming, and grade-determining. Fortunately for the citation-inept among us, Easybib create your citations for you. Website data can be automatically retrieved for the most part, and you may need to manually enter it in for some other media, but these will provide you with the proper format and even help you make the page itself.

What do you dislike?

It's not perfect. Sometimes I'll compare double check the citation with as The Purdue Online Writing Lab (OWL) to ensure all the citation meets the criteria.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this website for all college/high school students that have writing classes.

When I was working as an IT Helpdesk, there were times when I have to send information/guideline to clients regarding there issue. I would do some research about the problem and gather the information needed and send it to the client. To avoid any trouble, I use Easybib to cite the source and following with the message to the client.

User in Primary/Secondary Education

"EasyBib is easy to use: A must-use product for students and professionals alike"

What do you like best?

EasyBib is truly easy to use. I've never used a citation machine that is so easy and intuitive. Simply enter the link of the content you wish to cite and wah-la- EasyBib comes to the rescue. It also helps that it is a free resource.

What do you dislike?

Without going into too much detail, there are a few limitations to EasyBib. The site is laced with advertisements if you don't upgrade to the paid version - which is how they pay to keep the site updated, hosted, etc. The free trial is very short (2 days) and there are limits on which types of citations you can perform for free (MLA, APA, Chicago, etc.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend EasyBib for your education platform, however, please note that it is now owned by textbook giant Chegg, which may pose some issues down the road but for now, it's a solid platform that gets the job done for free - with most realizing they do not need the paid version of the product.

Providing this resource to our students is fantastic because it teaches them how to create and use citations correctly while providing ease of use.

EasyBib.com review by Mark M.
Mark M.

"Excellent tool for educators"

What do you like best?

The ability to drop a website into a field and come up with a citation is an excellent time saver for students. That you can report sources is also a definite boon for east bib. free account to save your citations and the citation page formatted in alphabetical order is excellent as well.

What do you dislike?

The updates to MLA are slow. The cite has too many options, and citations must be reviewed. Also you can't sign in with face book. I have two accounts but I can't see why I would want to keep an account as opposed to just using it for free. side bar ads distracting and not helpful

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep using it. But double check your citations using primary sources. But the ability to create projects is great, use the it after teaching students the theoretical ideas behind citation as part of a lecture and then have student use easy bib for subsequent essay project throughout the semester. Its an excellent tool and easy to use. Students are definetly comfortable and familiar with it.

It is a great time saver ,which can help educators focus student time on more important outcomes.as opposed to the dry work of citation. Considering how pressed for time educators are, this is vital. The ability to share between multiple independent accounts is really helpful for group work in classes. Students can create the citation and then share and double check their accuracy.

EasyBib.com review by Laura T.
Laura T.

"Great tool for students"

What do you like best?

I love that I can provide a tool to my students to create an accurate bibliography. As an English teacher, I do not always feels I need my students to memorize certain rules when those rules can be easily accessed via online programs like Easy Bib. As an educator, it is my job to teach students ho to be efficient and accurate. Teaching a tool like easy bib meets those requirements in my eyes.

What do you dislike?

I have yet to find a feature I dislike about Easy Bib; students can copy/paste a final works cited page into their documents in an accurate and simple manner. If that is a hurdle for a student, then perhaps using an online program is not the best scenario for that student in the first place.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As a user, it should be implied that you still need to find the information for Easy Bib to organize and format; as an educator, this is a great tool for my students as they often struggle to find the necessary source information, but knowing where to find it and not just hoping a program will have it in a database is a positive.

For me, it's not a business problem, but rather a solution and a tool for students to be efficient and accurate with their citations. It is critical to provide evidence and documentation in maintaining credibility and Easy Bib is my go-to tool to achieve both of those goals.

EasyBib.com review by Ann S.
Ann S.

"Great product for students"

What do you like best?

EasyBib makes citing work so much easier for students. Instead of having to learn the skills of sourcing books, online sites, movies, etc., it's all in one place. Depending on which format is required for their class, they may have to spend a large amount of time looking up referencing guides. Instead EasyBib has it all in one place.

What do you dislike?

The website can be quite distracting due to all of the advertisements, however it is a free service so that is understandable. The site could be more welcoming and include some more design elements, but that's not much of a complaint!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great resource for students. It saves time so that they can concentrate on their essay/project instead of spending too much time on referencing their sources.

Referencing guide for students. Students are more likely to source a site and less likely to plagiarize.

EasyBib.com review by User in Higher Education

"Lots of ads, slow running and not as user friendly as it used to be"

What do you like best?

I like that this is a free resource and that it does what it says it does, makes bibliographys. It's nice to be able to keep track of academic resources and use on papers and writing.

What do you dislike?

The website used to work and function a lot better before the ads overloaded the site. I feel like it runs a lot slower and the ads frequently make the site crash.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would lose the ads. It seems that when I have talked to others about this resource and recommended it to students on campus they already know about it and complain about how slow it is. If they aren't working on a high speed or newer computer they almost always comment on how slow and annoying the ads are.

It definitely helps reduce the time spent creating bibliographies for our daily writing.

EasyBib.com review by Lokendra Y.
Lokendra Y.

"Easyybib makes the citation process easy and simple"

What do you like best?

Easybib provides a very easy way for citing any journal or research papers in MLA, APA, or Harvard style before submitting them online. I don’t need to take care about the citation and just focus on the content part, thus saving my time and effort for creating the academic papers. Since Easybib is offered in online mode over internet, I can use it from anywhere and no need to install any plugins or executables for using it.

What do you dislike?

Although there is nothing for dislike in Easybib, but one thing is that sometimes author names and dates do not get shown up in the annotation, which leads to confusion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It will be a big plus if you don’t want to waste your time in worrying about the citation part and just focus on the content. Easybib will take care of your citation work.

It offers saving the citations in my online account instantly. So, whenever I need to use the old list, I just have to log in to my account and load the list easily. It also has an option to use annotations by simply using the annotation box.

I am using this to prepare most of my presentations and journal papers.

EasyBib.com review by Naomi R.
Naomi R.

"Great for ensuring the accuracy of citations!"

What do you like best?

I like EasyBib for quickly and easily generating citations in both MLA and APA, which I frequently use. It allows me to make sure I've not made any mistakes going back and forth using the two.

What do you dislike?

While a lot of articles and books are available, the only thing I dislike is when I input a source and cannot generate all of the information.

Both for me and for my students, it doesn't get better than EasyBib to create citations that guarantee the sources they are using in their work are accurately and fairly cited.

EasyBib.com review by Evelyn S.
Evelyn S.

"Nice Research tool providing accurate citation"

What do you like best?

What I really like about EasyBib is that it is well organized and provides efficient format which in turn helps me in time saving while creating a bibliography. IIt has great features for creating automatic references for the correct and accurate MLA formats and also keeps the track for the individual user whenever he logs in Easybib. It is a great tool which helped me to format the provided input material in the output format I needed such as MLA or APA styles. As soon as it creates the format, I can print it as well as attach it as a text document.

What do you dislike?

When I was trying to cite a book from the database, Easybib was not able to capture the information from that book. This was the only issue, otherwise EasyBib is a helpful and complete end to end citation and auto-format tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a free tool and has got excellent features, so I would like to recommend it to high school students so that they can concentrate more on the writing part and need not worry about citations and format.

Before using EasyBib, I had to keep in mind about the format of the Bibliography I am going to create. But, it has eliminated that constraint for me. Now I can only focus on the content I want to write and EasyBib will take care of the proper formatting style in APA or MLA. It has helped me in generating a citation by providing the link to an eBook as an input reference.

EasyBib.com review by Karissa D.
Karissa D.

"Incredibly Helpful Resource for Research and Publishing"

What do you like best?

Bibliography formatting has always been a struggle for me, so EasyBib has become something that I rely on to make sure that my citations are always formatted correctly. I appreciate that it is easy to use and that, quite often, the citations fill themselves in.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally I have had instances where I put in a URL link and the citation comes out completely wrong. However, this is extremely rare and seems to be a result of unusual formatting on the website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy Bib is great for professionals and students alike. They are also a Google for Education partner, which is great if you use that platform as well.

Research is an extra responsibility at work, not part of my job description. So when it is time for me to work on research, I can't waste a single minute. Easy Bib helps me to cite my work properly and quickly, without having to spend time looking at MLA or APA guides.

EasyBib.com review by Claudia L.
Claudia L.

"EasyBib is so easy for your students to use!"

What do you like best?

I love that you can easily add your citation to a document. No copying, no re-writing, so no typos!

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about EasyBib. It's such a simple sight to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please explain to your students the reasoning behind using EasyBib. It's not right to plagiarize. Using EasyBib will make your students more authentic writers.

The problem I'm trying to solve is the tendency of my students to plagiarize. With EasyBib, my students see how easy it is to cite their sources.

EasyBib.com review by Duane M.
Duane M.

"Useful tool for Citation"

What do you like best?

Easybib is an amazing program and I have used it all the time when I had to write research papers. It gives you the option to use different types of citations(APA, MLA). It is very convenient to use, is online and saves a lot of time in the tedious task of citation. Made my life very easy while I was working on multiple papers and was able to create citations quickly. It works amazingly well to identify sources from websites, books etc.

What do you dislike?

I faced this issue few tiimes that the author name or date did not appear in the citation. rest all is fine. I always did review the citation before submitting the paper to be sure of all the content in it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great tool for citations. You will save a lot of time in creating citations and can cite multiple sources.

Different citation formats are available.

It is available for FREE and online access makes it possible to access it from anywhere.You can also download its app on your smartphone.

I would recommend this tool.

I used if for all the research papers wrote. It is a good tool to have. It helped me write citations very quickly which would have been a tough task had I done it manually. Saved me a lot of time and that I could utilize to improve my papers.

EasyBib.com review by Michael S.
Michael S.

"Great Tool for all my Bibliographies! "

What do you like best?

This service is so simple and straightforward to use. I really enjoy the interface and questions that it asks. In many ways, using Easybib feels like I am talking to an expert who asks the right questions to dig down into what exactly I am trying to cite.

What do you dislike?

Though it is extremely useful that the service auto-fills based on a web page that it finds on its own, sometimes the information is incorrect and must be edited to make a publishable document. This only takes a few seconds of extra time, however, and the auto-fill feature is generally extremely useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using Easybib to anyone seeking to generate citations. I really like how simple it is to use and how straightforward the interface is. No other citation software has more adequately filled my needs.

I am solving the problem of having to cite my sources for scientific papers in both professional and academic settings. In academia, the ability to cite work effectively brings credibility to my work. In a professional setting, as I am making claims about a project or a product, it is vital to cite what I am using to justify this. For example, when submitting a document to my boss comparing different fuel pumps to purchase, it looks significantly more professional to have formal citations than just dropping a link at the bottom of the page.

"EasyBib Review"

What do you like best?

I like that you are easily able to take a website link and put it into the website and it will come up with a citation from MLA or APA.

What do you dislike?

It is a bit harder to use the citation manager when you have to look up information yourself such as from a book or magazine. The citation manager can also format oddly if you do not put in information correctly or you are using a web address. Finally, there are only a few "free" citation types.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend using the citation manager and then checking it against what your requirements are for citation to make sure they are correct.

I am able to cite my work easily from easybib.

EasyBib.com review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"EasyBib Works for Short Bibliographies, But Doesn't Compare to Reference Management Systems"

What do you like best?

EasyBib is just that - it makes it easy to create a single citation for a bibliography. You can select different formats, and it can usually generate a full reference from an ISBN number or other small piece of information.

What do you dislike?

EasyBib does not have as much versatility as a reference management system, such as Zotero or RefWorks. It can still be time consuming to generate each reference in EasyBib, whereas Zotero or RefWorks can produce a full list of references in alphabetical order.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a simple and free product which functions similarly to Citation Machine. Paying to remove the ads seems like a ridiculous option, as there are free reference management systems like Zotero that have more features! I would say only use the free version, and only use it if you are planning on making a short bibliography. Otherwise, use Zotero or RefWorks!

EasyBib creates citations, but it doesn't offer the full features of reference management software.

EasyBib.com review by Avery C.
Avery C.

"Comes in handy when citing sources"

What do you like best?

The site comes in handy when citing sources for projects and essays. It is extremely student-friendly and easy to use, helping students to avoid the big fuss over plagiarism and formatting the sources. For me, it speeds up the entire project without worrying about the format.

What do you dislike?

In rare occasion the site becomes laggy and even unresponsive. It would even better if it is available on desktop and other mobile devices as a native application, rather than just a website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth a try. Its one of the only kind providing accurate and fast citation service. After all, it is mostly a free service.

The service provides accurate citations while speeding up the whole process, so saves plenty of time for projects and papers without any hassle.

EasyBib.com review by Cho Yin Y.
Cho Yin Y.

"MLA citing at its finest"

What do you like best?

The ease of citing sources in MLA style and finding some information automatically are two of the features that I like best. Citing a source of a webpage just means putting in the URL and filling in some additional information. Easybib will take care of the formatting of MLA and one does not have to worry. Easybib follows the latest MLA7 format as well, and allows one to choose whether or not to include the URL or not, depending on the situation. Furthermore, when citing books, one is just required to enter the book title or ISBN in order for the book to be fully cited. This software is a major timesaver.

What do you dislike?

When exporting it to plain text and pasting it to word processing software, some formatting is not carried over nor is the indentation. The indentation needed to be manually added and it is a pity how this amazing software lacks the most basic feature.

There are also cases in which the website's information cannot be detected, in which case using Easybib would not be significantly faster. I look forward for their team to fix this current issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

EasyBib is definitely better than manually formatting MLA sources.

When doing research, it is important to cite sources to prevent plagiarism and to increase authenticity and validity.

EasyBib.com review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Best Citation Tool Out There!"

What do you like best?

EasyBib is my go-to citation tool. Students of every grade level should have no problem completing the steps to create their citations. EasyBib walks them through it! All styles of formatting are available including MLA and Chicago. Once students complete the steps and type in the information for their sources, they simply have to copy and paste their created citation in their documents! The site is free and extensions are available on Google Docs.

What do you dislike?

One problem I've had is when students copy and paste their citations into a Word document or Google Doc, there is a blue box around the citation. Also Word and Google does not format the pasted citation properly, and students often times have to manually fix it. This is difficult for many students.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Anyone in the Education or Journalism fields

It takes less than 5 minutes for students to create a works cited page. Students do not have to do much work besides typing their responses into the EasyBib steps.

EasyBib.com review by Joanne R.
Joanne R.

"Great resource for all students"

What do you like best?

It is a free and easy resource for all students. All students are able to access the site from home as well as from school. With 1-1 technology, students are using their electronic devices regularly.

What do you dislike?

The interface is dated and due to being a free site, ads are often the main heading. Having an updated website may draw more students to the website. Having students potentially clicking on ads can be difficult if they are not used to navigating through free websites.

Students have an easy resource in order to correctly cite their references. Instead of them incorrectly citing sources, they have an easy way to correctly cite books and websites.

EasyBib.com review by Antonio P.
Antonio P.

"Easy Bib Review"

What do you like best?

The interface and the ability to search for multiple ways to cite your sources.

What do you dislike?

The interface is good but can also be kind of confusing for first time users. I think the ability to chose from so many ways to cite sources is good but there are some ways advertised on Easy Bib that I feel like are rarely used.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth the use in the aspect of journalism and or public relations. Provides a good amount of information and explains thoroughly what you are looking for.

Sourcing documents. Reviewing analytical details about the sources used in reporting.

EasyBib.com review by Bhaskar C.
Bhaskar C.

"Cited!"

What do you like best?

The option of having a tool to generate bibliography from URLs/videos for your reports, papers and presentations is a cool news. EasyBib.com does exactly that! The ease of usage is wonderful and it is helping in reducing my burden.

What do you dislike?

It is a very good tool but the new tools like plagiarism is a bit expensive. And the research tool is a bit sloggy by the kind of results it generates, it needs to improve a lot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

EasyBib.com is a good tool to help you cite for your thesis or paper. It does have a great scope for improvement. And hopefully the next versions would be much more accessible.

The citation of URLs has become easier for me. Helps me research on the go.

EasyBib.com review by Halle F.
Halle F.

"Very helpful for writing citations"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to use and how simply it breaks down the components of a citation

What do you dislike?

I don't like how it often cannot find easily found items such as Publisher or other really prominent components of journal articles.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it is great, especially if your company or schools pays for it, otherwise I do think it is a bit pricey for one person.

EasyBib helps me tremendously in school when I have to write many papers and keep up with numerous citations. It helps me keep track of all of the citations I am using and even alphabetizes them for me which is great.

EasyBib.com review by Rebecca R.
Rebecca R.

"Simplifies the Citation Process Easily"

What do you like best?

As an English teacher, I find it incredibly difficult to teach citations. It involves rote memorization and copying the format exactly. Students have difficulty seeing how many spaces are needed, where periods and parenthesis go, and how their Works Cited should appear on a page. EasyBib.com removes so much unnecessary complications from this process. Students still need to do the work of finding reliable sources, noting the author and organization, and keeping all of their research together, but the website does the grunt work for them.

What do you dislike?

The automatic citation process needs some work. This feature allows users to simply paste a URL and the website pulls the necessary info- author, organization, date- but it doesn't always work properly.

More teaching time is being devoted to the research, drafting, and writing process. Students do not need to know how to handwrite a citation, and this software generates an excellent citation for them. I also like the feature of being able to save and share citations; it is helpful for the editing and review process as well as keeping all sources in one handy place.

User in Education Management

"Crucial time-saver for busy students!"

What do you like best?

It makes creating a works cited page such a breeze - this is essential for students who have to complete a lot of research papers, or submit papers in disciplines that use different citations (i.e. APA and MLA)

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the formatting on the citations gets funny, especially when copy-pasted into a Word document (always paste without formatting!) Also, students sometimes fail to learn the citations and rely only on this tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Proofread and check each citations - mistake happen! Always check that items were entered into the correct fields and that formatting looks right - and make sure students fix the formatting before entering into a works cited page.

Improving student effectiveness, and hopefully their understanding of different types of citations - it can be hard for them to memorize, but this makes them more willing to try and learn.

User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Easy Bib - citations with ease"

What do you like best?

I like how educational and easy the easy bib citation engines are. Everything is laid out very well, and you just fill in the blanks. I tutor students and citations were always difficult for them. I'd direct them to easy bib and not only did it teach them the citation formats but it helped them double check their work.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the option to leave some areas blank. In the past I noticed alot of my students would skip right over the area where it has you fill in more necessary information that the engine can't source without you. This makes their citations incorrect, though it isn't really the engines fault and more so the students, I think it would help to make that step necessary.

N/A - I am mostly a user or teaching other users how to use this resource.

EasyBib.com review by User in Higher Education

"Convenient and Accurate Bibliography Database"

What do you like best?

Easy Bib takes a lot of the hassle out of compiling sources into the correct formal for a bibliography. There are toolbar add-ons that allow for websites to be easily added with just the click of a button. One of the most useful features is the search function which alreadys has millions of resources cataloged (and is easily searchable by title, author name, or ISBN), even academic journals, thesis papers or dissertations can be found in the database.

What do you dislike?

There is a fee for "premium" content such as alternative bibliography formats (not MLA).

Students enjoy the ease of use and accuracy when using Easy Bib.

"Life Saver"

What do you like best?

If I was in a time crunch with an academic paper and didn't have the format of APA or Chicago style memorized, I would be able to count on Easy Bib to reduce the time taken to put my references, works cited, or bibliography together! I know Easy bib is reliable and do not need to stress about the quality of the sheet produced.

What do you dislike?

I disliked that at times, the autopopulated sources were not the actual source I used. I think that it could be more comprehensive with the different styles offered. I know that it has to have some method of generating revenue so its free functions are limited.

Easy bib was a resource I used throughout my studies but I could see it easily being integrated into business practices for academics needing to create reference pages and works cited.

EasyBib.com review by Derek B.
Derek B.

"EasyBib Review"

What do you like best?

I think that EasyBib is one of the best academic related websites I have seen in a long time. The design of the website is fantastic and very simple to use which certainly enhances the user experience. EasyBib has multiple tabs to select from based off which reference you would use using which also is great for improvements to the interface.

What do you dislike?

There is really not a lot about EasyBib that I do not like. However, I think that their mobile preference could be enhanced. I find that the program is great because it allows for very simple movements and it also keeps the log of recent bibliographies that have been created.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please use EasyBib as a resource. However, also be certain to make sure that the formatting is correct. While I have had very limited errors in the construction of the bibliography, this also gives to human error which is something that is inescapable.

This website is excellent at creating truthful and correctly formatted Bibliographies for academic use. I think that this software is great because it has a variety of options to see but also gives the user the ease of creating correct citations.

User in Education Management

"Makes Citations a Piece of Cake"

What do you like best?

EasyBib offers extensive citation help for the most common writing styles. They can automatically reference thousands of sources, and for everything that can't be cited automatically, the program will create the citation out of inputs. This is extremely helpful for students that don't know how to create citations.

What do you dislike?

It would be helpful if Easybib also showed the structure for the citation students are creating somewhere on the page, so that for future reference students would know how to make a citation for his- or herself.

Students are making better grades because they are providing accurately cited sources.

User in Primary/Secondary Education

"The easiest way to cite online"

What do you like best?

I love how I can generate a citation in various formats, by simply copying and pasting a website. If I need to cite a book or magazine, I can enter the title of the the book/magazine, and the citation will auto-fill itself. It is easy to keep your citations organized with the "projects" tab.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the advertisements that are around the page. However, this issue can be solved by upgrading to a paid version of the website.

By citing sources, you are able to back up data with facts. No one can claim you plagiarized or falsified data.

EasyBib.com review by User in Executive Office
User in Executive Office

"Nice and easy"

What do you like best?

While writing research papers, easybib allows me to create citations in an easy and fast manner. Instead of typing my own citations, easybib automatically generates citations for me, to enhance my efficiency to write research papers.

Also, as a scholar I am often required to cite sources, and its ISBN recognition features are pretty useful.

What do you dislike?

Easybib does not allow direct copy and pasting of citations (it will lose the formatting of italics) Also, easybib could use some Pages support, as educational staff always uses Mac as its platform.

The autofiller for website information is often wrong and imcomplete. The web scraper could have more information scraped from the website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's free for all, and it saves you a lot of time. This is a lifesaver for last minute people writing research papers.

Writing high quality research papers - increases efficiency of writing and citing at the same time, using multiple educational sources.

EasyBib.com review by Lynn R.
Lynn R.

"Quick and easy reference guide"

What do you like best?

Easybib is an amazing tool for students to use. While it requires them to input some vital information, it produces a reference that can easily be copied and pasted into a document. They can pick which guideline they are required to use.

What do you dislike?

At times there are multiple steps to click through, which can be tedious for students. With that being said, it is important for the students to know what information is going into their citing.

For students to be correctly citing their work and showing where their information comes from.

EasyBib.com review by David D.
David D.

"EasyBib for citing sources"

What do you like best?

EasyBib was a great program when I was earning my Master's degree and writing more research papers than I care to remember. My favorite feature was the scan feature for your phone or tablet. You could scan the barcode for books to pull up all of the information for APA or MLA citation. You could also type in ISBN's or DOI's to avoid having to search for and find all of the publication information. When all else fails, a form would tell you what information to input. Finally, you select your format (such as APA) and it generates in text citations and works cited references. It saved me time and money for citing sources on academic papers. Easy copy and paste functions too!

What do you dislike?

At times, it did not truncate inputs like the actual source was supposed to. On those occasions, I would have to double check to make sure my citation was perfect for those pesky PhD professors!

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great (and free) program to use for citing research and resources. You can access online and download free apps for your phone or tablet. If you have a camera on your device, you can scan barcodes of books and easily access all of the publication information without having to type it in yourself.

My academic papers and research were properly cited. The best benefit was the scan option, and the mobile apps.

User in Education Management

"EasyBib great for Assistance in citations "

What do you like best?

Citing sources is a breeze with easybib. Easy access to step by step instructions and they will actually cite the information for you without a hassle.

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything about easybib I would say is not helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great website for citing sources in all kinds of format. Whether you’re citing a course for a paper or just needing a quick tutorial, BibMe has really helped with all citing needs.

Citing sources faster and helping students cite their sources for papers.

EasyBib.com review by User in Market Research
User in Market Research

"Life Saver in School, Forgotten in Business "

What do you like best?

I hate writing bibliographies for papers! They take so long, and they are so detailed. This relieves a lot of the pain, because you can simply search for the text and it fills it in automatically. Even if the text isn't archived already, you can type in each category and it will do the formatting for you.

What do you dislike?

It could be annoying when I was looking for a certain text that wasn't listed already. I also had to double check everything, because sometimes there were mistakes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great resource if you need to do citations on a white paper or a class paper. I would always recommend checking the work, as I have sometimes found the tool to have inaccuracies. For example, it may not list all authors or it may think an article is a book title.

When I was in school, I used this tool constantly. Since, graduating I have less of a need for it, but occasionally it helps when I am writing white papers and referring to other works.

"EasyBib is EASY!!"

What do you like best?

I love that my students can just put in their information and then the bibliography just populates.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that my students aren't learning how to truly write a bibliography.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth purchasing -- especially for students with special needs. It really allows students to engage with materials and makes writing bibliographies so much easier!

I find that we spend less time going over the technicalities of writing a bibliography and are able to spend more of our time on the content itself.

User in Primary/Secondary Education

"EasyBib: A Great Reference Tool"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and a slick website. EasyBib also allows for users to create “projects” on their profile which can allows students to create citations and save them for a paper as they go and then revisit the project later on.

What do you dislike?

Could be easier to export references. Ads can be a bit frustrating for free accounts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Prefer this site to other citation creation sites. Profile creation is a nice feature.

Tool to show students and use as examples when teaching referencing.

EasyBib.com review by Sarah C.
Sarah C.

"A necessity for any student."

What do you like best?

This allows anyone to cite their work without any hassle. Have used it personally for years, and teach my students how to use it appropriately as well.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the interface at times, it can seem a bit crowded and confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Create a profile and save your bibliographies. This way you can always add on or come back later.

We use this when citing work in presentations and papers, and have streamlined what can be an otherwise painful process.

EasyBib.com review by Administrator in Libraries
Administrator in Libraries

"Do not use the autocite feature!"

What do you like best?

I like that EasyBib is free and has lots of options for types of materials to cite. EasyBib even includes citation help for obscure resources such as a Tweet.

What do you dislike?

The autocite feature is a mess. It rarely ever pulls all of the necessary information, and when it does pull information for certain fields, it is often wrong. While I like that it has the option to do the manual cite, the manual cite option is so small that many of my patrons miss that option.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many other citation options that have less advertising and better algorithms to pull more accurate data.

With an emphasis on research, there is a high expectation for accurate citations in MLA format. EasyBib makes creating citations much easier by putting it in proper MLA format and exporting to Google Docs in correct formatting.

User in Education Management

"EasyBib is a life saver"

What do you like best?

I like that this tool is so easy to use and takes the pain out of writing bibliographies, especially when you're trying to write one in a new format (APA, Chicago, etc.)

What do you dislike?

I have yet to find something to dislike about EasyBib.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend this to professionals that research and write in their job. I would also highly recommend this to students of any kind -- college, high school, etc. This makes it so much easier to cite your sources correctly.

We are creating more accurate citations which our compliance department loves. The benefits include accuracy, ease of use, and the satisfaction of correctly citing research our team uses.

EasyBib.com review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Helpful resource"

What do you like best?

This is a helpful resource for all students when writing research papers. The formatting is very helpful for different styles to help students get work done more quickly and accurately.

What do you dislike?

Lots of extra information needed to get a project up and running. It is time draining.

Helping students with their papers and getting better grades. Students are more satisfied with their education and faculty is able to read papers with more quality and better sourced.

EasyBib.com review by Cindy M.
Cindy M.

"Great resource for school"

What do you like best?

I love that the website is easy to use and provides all that you need to cite a source whether it be a book, website, etc. Not only that, but the best part is that if you search for the source you need to cite, someone might have already cited it using EasyBib so it's there for you to use! It takes off a minute or two filling in all the information (author, publisher, date) yourself.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that the only free aspect of the website is the MLA format for citing sources. In the case that a student may need to cite things in APA format (or any other format for that matter), they would have to pay a recurring fee. Because of this, most students would just use a different website or do it manually themselves.

EasyBib makes it fast and easy to cite things for school. This way, you can ensure that you're writing it correctly in a way that your teacher will accept.

EasyBib.com review by Weslea M.
Weslea M.

"So helpful "

What do you like best?

Easy to manipulate citations for papers of all kinds

What do you dislike?

Inputting the information takes time. Not always intuitive

Less struggle when passing info between coworkers

"Review"

What do you like best?

Easy to use. You can just copy and paste a website and it automatically cites the information for you. Then you can just copy and paste it on your reference page. There are many options that it can cite for you besides websites too.

What do you dislike?

There are some information that Easybib can't find for you on a website, so sometimes you would have to put it in yourself. However, that is not a big problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

People should definitely use Easybib if they're citing something or has to reference something for a paper/project. It is easy to use and you don't have to memorize or look up how to cite something. Easybib does it for you and it's efficient.

The benefits are that you don't have to memorize the rules for citing in MLA format or any other format. Easybib automatically does it for you. You can cite a book, website, journal, etc.

EasyBib.com review by Julie D.
Julie D.

"Great tool for reports!"

What do you like best?

I like how this product is free and you can just access this product online. It is rather easy to find and it offers many different citation types (APA, MLA, etc). It is convenient because you can access the site anywhere and it saves you a lot of time when it comes to citing different works.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how it only offers one free format. The citations are usually very short which seems like an error.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it! It is very helpful and citing works will never be the same once you use this tool.

I am using this for reports mainly. I have realized that this is a huge time saver. I can write citations in under a minute with this tool. It would definitely take me a lot longer if I had to input each citation manually.

EasyBib.com review by Carson B.
Carson B.

"Streamlining The Citing Process"

What do you like best?

EasyBib has completely changed the way that I cite my papers. Everytime I visit a website that I think would be great for my paper or other research I visit EasyBib and have it cite the website or other resource while I am using it so that I do not unintentionally plagiarize.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you have to pay money to get more citation formats. I understand they need to make money some how in order to stay in operation. Other than that I really have no substantial issues with EasyBib.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend buying the full version so that you can have access to the other citation formats.

This website has allowed me to give credit where credit is due and to keep me from plagiarizing other people's ideas, while making it more efficient to do research at the same time.

EasyBib.com review by Faith T.
Faith T.

"Best for assisting in APA formatting "

What do you like best?

The website was easy to use and generate APA appropriate reference pages

What do you dislike?

the high fee for utilizing the site can be cost-prohibitive to students in need

Recommendations to others considering the product

this is a great resource if you've been out of the writing game for awhile.

I have been able to use it while working on my masters and send students to it

"EasyBib"

What do you like best?

It makes creating bibliographies so simple.

What do you dislike?

If the bib is incorrect, it's apparent to the instructor that you used easybib.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely suggest using it any time that you need a citation. They are almost always more accurate than if I created them myself, and it's so easy to enter the information and get the citation you need.

This website makes creating bibliographies simple and fast. I can spend more time on the work and the content rather than citing the sources.

"Easy as a Bib"

What do you like best?

EasyBib is exactly what it's name says. It's an easy way to craft a bibliography for a paper, presentation, or project.

What do you dislike?

While EasyBib has some free features, utilizing it to create APA or Chicago Style costs additional money. Additionally EasyBib is not always 100% accurate and thus there are some errors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lower the price of EasyBib. It is too expensive for students to use, and once students are out of high school they rarely utilize MLA

EasyBib makes it easy to write up an MLA bibliography with limited typos.

EasyBib.com review by Alex D.
Alex D.

"Love this Product"

What do you like best?

I like how it does all the work for you. It does a great job of recognizing websites, books, and magazines. It is a great way of expediting the source process.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how the UI does not recognize certain properties even though it is clearly on the page. For example, a lot of the author names, dates, and publishers do not show up on the annotation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product! Try it out and you will not be disappointed. This has given me a lot of time to work on the project itself.

I have used this to annotate sources for multiple projects and presentations. This is a great tool to annotate resources. It has made my life a lot easier.

EasyBib.com review by Danielle H.
Danielle H.

"EasyBib makes it easy!"

What do you like best?

Its ease of use is what sells it to me. My students don't need much assistance.

What do you dislike?

I do wish the program had the ability to determine if the source was a website, database, etc. That is the one area students struggle with.

This program simplifies the citation process for students.

EasyBib.com review by Sheilla C.
Sheilla C.

"Great formatting tool"

What do you like best?

I like how convenient easybib is. The product recognizes links that I use and it will automatically generate a citation for the link. It says me a lot of time and it is easy to use.

What do you dislike?

There are times where my link is not recognized and I have to input the information manually. The information that is needed is usually on the site, but easybib does not recognize it. However, it does not take much time to input the information manually.

I used this product in college. I realized it saved me a lot of time because if I wrote citations manually, I would have to look over it multiple times in order to make sure all the punctuation is correct.

EasyBib.com review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Works for basic citations, but not great for scientific journals"

What do you like best?

I think the ease of adding references and storing citations. Create for creating a quick bib list.

What do you dislike?

I wish that more citation styles were included in the free version. I often need citations for niche journals and need to manually do them or use a different program.

I use it when I need quick citation and can't remember all the details of the formatting. It is helpful when double checking someone else's citations as well.

EasyBib.com review by User in Research
User in Research

"A program that is invaluable "

What do you like best?

It makes it easier for students to write research projects and do it accurately

What do you dislike?

I do not like how sometimes if you enter a website it gives the wrong citation

It allows a business to publish real articles that are accurate and provide accurate sources.

EasyBib.com review by Destinee W.
Destinee W.

"EasyBib.com Review"

What do you like best?

I like that it helps me easily create a bibliography for my research papers and projects.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the limitations of the different formats that can be used for the bibliography (i.e APA, MLA)

Easier time management on time spent on papers

EasyBib.com review by User in Financial Services

"the best product ever "

What do you like best?

I like how streamlined EasyBib makes the process of creating a bibliography. Whenever I use a source in any paper, I immediately copy and paste it into EasyBib. They somehow have all the information for every book stored, so I don't have to look up anything. It makes my life 10x easier.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike. EasyBib alphabetizes everything for you and stores all of your information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

USE IT ALWAYS

The main business problem I'm solving is creating a bibliography for a paper. The benefits are that it saves everything for you so you never forget that one weird website you went to.

EasyBib.com review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Great for students!"

What do you like best?

This site is very student-friendly. With an increased access to technology, plagiarism got much easier for students to accomplish. However, with an easier way to make citations, this can be avoided. And, once they learn how to use it once, they can use EasyBib for multiple classes.

What do you dislike?

The high number of advertisements on the site can get distracting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend some time on the site yourself in order to anticipate student questions.

As a teacher, this site helps us to teach our students the importance of giving credit for ideas when doing research. This is a skill they will need in the future in college and many professions.

"EasyBib.com"

What do you like best?

I like that there is a free version and that you can upgrade to a professional version if you would like. I like that this site makes it easy for both teachers and students to cite sources using up-to-date MLA citations.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that the free version is not free from advertisements, but you will usually find that with any type of software that is free. This encourage s people to upgrade to the professional version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it and see what you think.

I am trying to teach my students to cite their sources when writing.

"Very helpful!"

What do you like best?

Very easy to create a bibliography page for the students.

What do you dislike?

Can be a little confusing with the small details between different references.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great resource to help students with reference pages.

Helping students in the library with writing papers.

EasyBib.com review by User in Higher Education

"Help you write citations for research papers "

What do you like best?

it can help me write reference to cite faster when I am writing my paper

What do you dislike?

Not offering bibtex format to be used in latex

Recommendations to others considering the product

1- Add ways to trace citations and papers for individuals (this can be done through a browser extension)

2- Provide BibTeX files for ease of citations for a selection of the saved citations that the user selects.

More efficient way to write references which saves me time and effort

EasyBib.com review by User in Higher Education

"I use this all the time"

What do you like best?

The program is easy to use, and the basic needs are free. I'm happy to be able to use the MLA and APA format as needed.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to say about things I don't like. I've never had a problem with the program and have used it for years

Recommendations to others considering the product

I prefer using this over other bib websites

Easybib is simple, intuitive and helpful for students trying to get their bibliographies done correctly.

EasyBib.com review by User in Higher Education

"Excellent Bibliography Creator for Papers"

What do you like best?

Easily searches online papers and articles and easily finds them Creates citations effortlessly and seamlessly

What do you dislike?

Integration with other desktop word processing would be nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great Website

Easily allows for CItations for online research

User in Education Management

"Easily create a professional bibliography with EasyBib"

What do you like best?

The ease and simplicity of the website makes it perfect even for those students who struggle with MLA and other style paper formats. The online tutorials and step-by-step guides are icing on the cake.

What do you dislike?

For students, MLA is the only free citation available, whereas APA and Turabian require a subscription.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Always double check your work with the MLA guidelines.

Citing research papers and creating bibliographies in half the time.

EasyBib.com review by Chung W.
Chung W.

"EasyPeasy"

What do you like best?

It really helps me speed through the works cited page.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the website lags and can erase all my data accidentally.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely Use It

The business problems I am solving are the need for easy works cited page. The benefits I have realized are unlimited free access to free citation.

EasyBib.com review by Ashley K.
Ashley K.

"Helpful shortcut"

What do you like best?

I like the time it saves my with citation and that I can store my citations on the cloud

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it's not a program I can store on my computer, have to go to a webpage to use

Recommendations to others considering the product

Helpful for making sure your citations are done accurately

Accurate citation of sources and time is saved.

"Wonderful Bibliography Tool"

What do you like best?

Choose the format you want, enter the information and that's it, a perfectly formatted bibliography. Not need to mess with MS Word formatting.

What do you dislike?

Future generations will never have to endure the pain I experienced in my younger years before tools like this were available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of any trial periods offered to help ease any disruption on implementation.

Time saver, quality control, all of the above.

EasyBib.com review by User in Human Resources
User in Human Resources

"seamless way to get all of your bibliographies done"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that there is such a great search function and a large data base that is very helpful

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that sometimes not all of the information needed is filled out in the bibliographies

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend using easy bib to anyone who is interested or in need to a bibliography crafting service

i am solving the need for our company employees to be able to create fast and easy biibliographies with ease

EasyBib.com review by User in Higher Education

"Great if it has your journal article stored in system"

What do you like best?

IF EasyBib.com is able to recognize the journal article that I am attempting to cite, its pre-populated system is wonderful.

What do you dislike?

If EasyBib cannot correctly identify my citation, it is not an intuitive tool to enter information. It's faster to simply create the citation in Word. It is also not super intuitive when I try to change citation styles.

Citations for research papers

"My review of EasyBib"

What do you like best?

I like how EasyBib helps users solve their problems in citing sources for papers and presentations

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there is not an app for EasyBib.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check it against more formal sources on citation like APA, MLA, or PurdueOWL just to be safe.

I’m not solving any business problems. If anything, it’s helping me organize my study and research.

User in Education Management

"Great Tool To Help Students Cite Their Sources"

What do you like best?

Students can easily create citations for websites by pasting in the URL. It easily allows students to cite a variety of sources.

What do you dislike?

APA and Chicago style citations are all paid features. Students found that Easybib will not create citations for some websites.

Students struggle to understand how to properly cite their sources and were discouraged by the confusing format. This tool makes it easy for students to properly cite their materials.

"Easy Bib"

What do you like best?

Makes it easy to compile the information that is required for a citation

What do you dislike?

Only certain types of citations are available using the free version of the website

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for MLA citations, but you cannot use APA citations with the free software

Helping students to create effective and accurate resource lists and bibliographies

EasyBib.com review by Angela L.
Angela L.

"Fantastic "

What do you like best?

It is easy to use. There are many cite sources it can help you cite. Easy Bib can help me site all my sources very quickly and accurately.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the work you want to cite was not found and you would have to manually write them in.

This was a much faster and easier way of citing work.

EasyBib.com review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Easybib"

What do you like best?

I like that it is quick and convenient and basically takes all the guesswork out of citations

What do you dislike?

I wish EasyBib had an APA format for medical professionals

Recommendations to others considering the product

good for MLA

I use it for citing journals

EasyBib.com review by User in Writing and Editing
User in Writing and Editing

"Good for basic beginning bibliographies"

What do you like best?

Students can find things and it usually puts the data in the correct format.

What do you dislike?

It's not completely accurate. Sometimes it is incorrect, at least in the MLA format choice.

If students verify their results from Easybib against the actual format requested, it can make their work easier.

EasyBib.com review by User

"good for students if format is not the most important thing ever"

What do you like best?

automated bibliography citations in a variety of different formats, and many templates for all kinds of different media, including books, newspapers, digital media, etc...

What do you dislike?

I wish all formats were free of charge to use

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you really need it professionally, considering using a paid service

Scholastic research

EasyBib.com review by User in Higher Education

"Easy website for citing sources in just about every format"

What do you like best?

User friendly user face; variety of citing styles and sources.

What do you dislike?

Not every source I've tried to cite could be found--e.g., I tried to cite a movie but it site couldn't find it.

A quick way to draft a works cited or references page.

"Wonderful resource!"

What do you like best?

Love the ease of use and ability to edit quickly

What do you dislike?

The mobile capabilities could be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would definitely recommend because of the time saving aspect and ease of use

Easybib.com makes it incredibly easy to site resources quickly and correctly

EasyBib.com review by User

"Helps with citations for quicker writing "

What do you like best?

Makes the citation process less daunting for large projects

What do you dislike?

Must generally do one at a time, web cites can be trickier

Recommendations to others considering the product

Makes citAtions that much easier

Citation checks and legal cites for written documents

EasyBib.com review by Sunny L.
Sunny L.

"Easy Bibliography"

What do you like best?

Can quickly and easily help you cite your sources

What do you dislike?

Format does not always convert over to Microsoft Word correctly

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the way to go

Quick and easy way to a works cited page

EasyBib.com review by User in Higher Education

"A must-use product for Bibliographies "

What do you like best?

EasyBib is very simple, easy, and quick to use. Gives you peace of mind when submitting something important.

What do you dislike?

The copy and paste feature can mess with the formatting of the document I am pasting it into.

"Citations Made Easy"

What do you like best?

EasyBib offers a citation services that are easy to use and accurate.

What do you dislike?

Library of material that is recognized by ISBN could be more extensive.

EasyBib simplifies qualification procedures for continuing education.

"Amaizing"

What do you like best?

This feature is amaizing and has lots of options for the user.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes small tidbits may be off but overall no complaints.

Making faculties publications all the same.

Learning about EasyBib.com?

* We monitor all EasyBib.com reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.