Edgar

Social media sharing and scheduling software

Work for Edgar?

Learning about Edgar?

Edgar Reviews

Ask Edgar a Question
Showing 27 Edgar reviews
Edgar review by Cindy C.
Cindy C.

"A great solution for rotating content to boost social media results"

What do you like best?

I've used Edgar and am a huge fan. It's the best solution that I've found to date that allows you to recirculate web content and easily add new content. You'd be surprised how valuable it is to republish past articles and information from your website to drive more traffic. It's user-friendly and a great asset.

What do you dislike?

It is a little pricey and I can't tag other social media businesses and it doesn't integrate with Instagram. Adding the ability to tag other businesses within the workspace would be ideal. However, the workaround is that I just edit the post after it goes live - so not the end of the world.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are versed in Social Media and have content to share, this will save you tons of time

Pre-scheduling content and promotions and keeping my Facebook Business pages updating with content on a regular basis.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Edgar
Edgar review by Shauna W.
Shauna W.

"Not nearly as useful as it used to be"

What do you like best?

I appreciate that Edgar makes it easy to schedule social posts across different channels. My favorite feature is the ability to categorize posts so you can decide, for example, that you want webinar promotions to go out every Tuesday at 1pm and new blog posts to go out every Friday at 9am.

What do you dislike?

When we first purchased Edgar, the tool offered the ability to report on social media engagement by category. In other words, we could compare how our followers engaged with posts in our "E-Books" category versus our "Webinar" category and make decisions accordingly. For some reason, they quickly removed that feature and Edgar now has no reporting capabilities.

It was also initially very useful for recycling and rescheduling old content, but due to recent Twitter TOS updates, that's no longer allowed. As a result, Edgar is pretty much useless to us now.

Save time on social scheduling

What Social Media Management solution do you use?

Edgar review by Kevin M. C.
Kevin M. C.

"Shockingly, startlingly awesome"

What do you like best?

I'm 3-4x as effective in 1/4 the time. I used to be perpetually wracked by this feeling of 'uh oh' whenever I had been away from Twitter and Facebook for more than a half-hour or so. Now, I use those platforms to do the fun, network-y stuff that's enjoyable, and Edgar handles all of the ugh-type posting (inspirational quotes in pretty frames, links to articles along with a pull quote and image, evergreen brand-building posts) that used to occupy most of my Twitter and Facebook time.

Like everybody, I've been frustrated by rapidly-diminishing reach on social media. Edgar is the perfect solution to a lot of my woes, allowing me to gain followers, spark engagement and build the brand even while I'm not actively working (even while I'm actively sleeping).

I feel like I'm gushing, but the number of times that I've signed up for a platform/service and been overwhelmed with the value, efficacy and customer service after significant usage is 1. If you're wondering what that feels like, it's great. I recommend it.

What do you dislike?

I strongly dislike that Edgar only works with Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. If Edgar worked with Instagram, Pinterest, Goodreads, Spotify, Reddit, Snapchat and Messenger like it did with the current triumvirate, I would be beside myself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pull the trigger. You'll love the people you work with/speak to, the platform is better than advertised and the UI/UX is like a warm, blue dream.

Edgar is elegant. The content library/queue system allows me to automate background-level activity on social media (using Edgar's Chrome extension, I can take an article I'm reading and turn it into an evergreen, thought-leader type post with link & image in 3-4 seconds) without getting in the way of organic usage, networking, etc.

I would argue that Edgar is underpriced (or a great value, at least), given what it does, and that's allow me to spend 2-3 hours a week loading new/fresh content into Edgar's library/content queue, which then means that Facebook (Groups and Pages, both), Twitter and LinkedIn are all operating even when I'm not at a computer, blasting out links to good content (including mine), images I made and optimized in Canva, etc.

I do the kind of posting I don't care for (inspirational quotes, pull-quotes from good articles with proper hashtags, etc) in one block a week, and then the rest of my time on, say, Twitter is spent looking for and interacting with interesting content and users. I never have that nagging, guilty feeling of 'I haven't tweeted in _____ mins/hours,' because all of my work-related accounts are consistently blasting out good content, using a schedule I created.

It feels like cheating, it's so awesome and effective and intuitive. BUT, given what I've seen and heard, MeetEdgar's folks are among the most committed to not going afoul of TOSs, and they are SUPER communicative. I had the Support folks tweet at me on my personal account to answer a question I'd emailed them a few days prior bc they noticed I had not opened the mass email that answered that very question. Helpful and pleasant, always. I love them.

Edgar review by Adriana L.
Adriana L.

"Going in the right direction but still not there"

What do you like best?

Edgar's interface is nice and beautiful, I love the post preview and the rotating libraries

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I can't just "stop" a calendar. If i need to stop my posts i will need to erase the calendar. This is very annoying if Im thinking about stopping my posts for a couple of days but I want to go back to my calendar later.

I also think it is very expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Edgar is great if you have a big budget but if you're struggling with budget I better recommend Recur Post.

Edgar helps me liberating time. Before I would have to manually post every entry into my social media but now I can just schedule everything at the beginning of each month.

Edgar review by Vert H.
Vert H.

"A Godsend for your Evergreen Content"

What do you like best?

Edgar is built for evergreen content publishing. You will be able to keep a library of your best content, put them into separate categories, and assign time slots for them to be automatically re-shared in the future. Random content can also be assigned to time slots, and you can even decide which categories will be included in random!

What do you dislike?

Currently Edgar does not support multiple images in a single post. Photos are also shrunk to a more mobile-friendly resolution. As a photography-centric company, we would love to be able to show our photos in a bigger size.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Edgar works best if you already have a good number of (or plan on keep adding more) evergreen content to avoid too much repetition. You wouldn't want to bombard your audience with the exact same content over and over again. This will of course be dependent on the frequency of your schedule as well as how refined your categories are.

In terms of the networks supported, Edgar currently works for Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, but it doesn't seem like they will be adding more networks in the near future. So if you're looking for evergreen content sharing for Pinterest, Instagram, G+, or Snapchat, etc, you might be out of luck. (At the time I don't think service or products exist for these networks, though)

If you're a social media manager, you would know that the organic reach is ever-dwindling, and how important it is to re-use your evergreen content so more of your fans will be able to see your popular or effective content. We used to manually re-post content via Buffer, but it turned out to be a very time-consuming task and the content-management is cumbersome and inefficient.

Then came Edgar. By setting up a schedule to share our evergreen content automatically, we saved a lot of time and can get back to the most important task: create more quality content.

Edgar review by Rainee T.
Rainee T.

"Edgar Is A Great Way to Save Time on Twitter"

What do you like best?

I used to spend hours every week scheduling individual tweets on Crowdbooster. As a nonprofit with an international focus, it's important to post to Twitter around the clock, but it can be time consuming and difficult to keep track of how often we push different CTAs to different timezone audiences. MeetEdgar has made a huge difference in the amount of time I can spend writing tweets instead of scheduling them, and being more mindful about what CTAs different timezone audiences are seeing.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was easier to schedule a post at a specific time when necessary (rather than schedule a category). The feature is available, but it's a bit clunky and I can't see what I've scheduled in the "schedule" tab which seems a little crazy. I also wish that I could upload multiple images or a video, though I'm not sure if Twitter's API allows for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great scheduling tool for Twitter that has saved me loads of time, and it's very affordable (and offers nonprofit discounts). It's worth noting it's not an analytics tool.

I am saving an incredible amount of time by creating a library a scheduling categories from that library, instead of having to schedule specific posts. It's revolutionized the amount of time I can spend dedicating to social media strategy instead of content creation.

Edgar review by Administrator in Law Practice
Administrator in Law Practice

"Great Time Saver!"

What do you like best?

I am new to handling our firm's social media activity and branding. When I first began I found it tedious and time consuming to post on different social media sites until I found Edgar. I couldn't believe how user friendly it was and for me that's huge. With Edgar I didn't have to be computer or social media savvy to use it. I like the ability to create categories and follow other sites to add content to my feed and then schedule everything at one time. This was by far the biggest win for me, not having to go to each social site I wanted to post content on, Edgar did it for me. I can't say how happy I am to have found Edgar and my boss is happy also.

What do you dislike?

Not a dislike necessarily but often, I like to schedule items that I don't want to categorize as a once only item and trying to work with the calendar portion is a bit tedious. It's doable and manageable but I like the idea of being able to schedule items once in their specific category to keep track of that particular post topic.

The other thing I wish for - not a dislike - is having the ability to add the "Queue" to my outlook calendar. That would be really nice, since I do other marketing and track it on my calendar, not having to sign into Edgar or manually add it to my outlook would be nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend giving it a try. We started with a free trial and never looked back.

The main business problem is "time management". Using Edgar has saved a considerable amount of time. I used to spend a few days on social media marketing and now I work on it once a week and I'm done.

Edgar review by Mon G.
Mon G.

"Edgar is a great tool for building a social media schedule"

What do you like best?

- Ability to post to many company social profiles

- Complete control over scheduling by profile, topic, time, date or one time post

- Transparency with history and queue

- Use categories to organize social posts by topic or department

- Bitly integration for all posts

- Control over adding images to each post

- Can export data via CSV

What do you dislike?

- Can't view post interaction data

- Inability to add UTM parameters to links

- Save time with scheduling social media posts

- Our sales team shares the same content on their profiles, which creates a greater awareness for our product

- Categories features has enabled us to organize content by categories (ie product, content, community)

Edgar review by Seth H.
Seth H.

"My Favorite Co-Worker"

What do you like best?

I love that it keeps cycling through our evergreen content. We just set our categories, post them into the weekly calendar, and start entering content. It keeps our Twitter stream going and saves me hours/days every month. I like that it's always running, even when other responsibilities take me away from the need to post to social media.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to have multiple calendars that can be different based on platform. It appears that I can only have one schedule at this point. I think their stats/analytics could be more robust. For example, they could filter by time slots, so we can see what times are working the best.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The price tag may steer you away early on. I encourage you to consider how much time you spend copy and pasting tweets into other platforms, and you'll appreciate how many hours this will save you. I love that I can always dive in and review what content is performing well and makes adjustments.

This has saved us hours and reduced the need to bring on an intern who would simply be re-entering social sharing content into another platform. Building brand awareness and equipping our constituents to carry out their work. We've seen increased site traffic from Twitter, due to consistent content being presented to our followers. Our follower count on Twitter continues to increase each week as well, even when it's all on autopilot.

Edgar review by Eric O.
Eric O.

"Best social media tool I've used for repeatability"

What do you like best?

I was looking for a tool that would allow me to schedule a bunch of posts on several social channels and let it running repeatedly and indefinitely. I tried HootSuite but I had to keep rescheduling, which meant I had to keep generating previews each time I bulk-uploaded my posts, which was unpractical. Edgar solved my issues, since I can bulk-upload my content, generate previews for each one once and then let it randomly pick content on specific timeslots and post on social.

What do you dislike?

I track all URLs with utm parameters, so each URL is different, even if it's from the same article, but for different channels. That means it takes up spaces in my library, which is not unlimited. Plus, I have to generate the URLs by myself. I'd love to see Edgar filling out the source and medium automatically for me when I add a new URL to my Library.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Even if your use case is different, I suggest you try it. The interface is really nice, the newsletters are well written and enjoyable.

Mainly, sharing information through social media in a hands-off manner. I gained a lot of time since I don't have to keep coming back to it for triggering posts. I can just let it be and it will work by itself.

Edgar review by Vira S.
Vira S.

"Edgar"

What do you like best?

- The software helps you to keep the content organized by groups and it posts them accordingly.

- With Edgar, you can manage a few different Facebook, Linkedin and tweeter accounts at the same time.

- Since only about 10% of all users are reached with each post, we use the tool to re-post the content regularly.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the system does not pull the images properly from the blog article and I could not find the way to fix the issue.

Content posting automation. We completely automated the process of content posting.

Edgar review by Jessica F.
Jessica F.

"Edgar simplifies my social media management."

What do you like best?

I love that using Edgar helps me to be more consistent with my social media scheduling. I don't have to spend time every week finding things to share, and then scheduling those posts. I can add to my library as needed, and post my content on a consistent basis, which helps me grow my following.

What do you dislike?

I wish that Edgar would integrate with Pinterest -- that would be amazing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You'll want to have a library of content ready to post. When I made the switch to Edgar, I went back through old tweets and Facebook posts that had done well, and added those to my Edgar library.

It saves me a ton of time, and I've seen an actual increase in followers and engagement.

Edgar review by Gisele G.
Gisele G.

"Edgar has freed up so much time by looking after all my evergreen content - amazing!"

What do you like best?

The fact that my social media accounts will always have content published. There will never be a day without something posted. Easy to set everything up and you can do everything in advance before going live.

What do you dislike?

The price is too high when compared to the number of social media profiles you are allowed to setup. Although it's an amazing product, the number of profiles should be increased by 5 to be in line with other platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Plan everything out in advance. When getting started, have at least 30 posts ready to get the biggest bang for your buck. Their webinars are fantastic too so you can see things in advance and they also have a 2 week free trial.

I'm not having to post evergreen content manually to my social media accounts. I put everything into Edgar, setup a schedule and let it do it's thing. The time saved is the biggest benefit.

Edgar review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Easy Social Media Management"

What do you like best?

I work on a very lean team and don't have a lot of time to manage our social campaigns. I actually found Edgar when it was still in beta and loved it right away. Automatic RSS importing, auto-scheduling, auto-everything. It's a busy marketers dream!

The software is easy to navigate, which is a big time saver as well. There are limited top-level nav options, so it's easy to find what you're looking for and they have easy-to-reach and quick to respond support.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be a little glitchy. I've had issues a couple times where it will post the same content multiple times in a small time window and have had to make adjustments to remedy that. I also wish there were more analytics baked in.

There are also a couple small UI things that are somewhat buggy. When you're working through checking content, the photos don't always pull through so there can be some manual work there. It also reloads the first page of content when you save a change, which is annoying when you're working through multiple pages. Last but not least, the calendar feature isn't drag and drop, which means scheduling is a bit more tedious than it could be otherwise.

All of that said, those are very picky, miniscule complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you take the time to front-load lots of updates so you get a lot of variety in your outgoing posts.

The biggest problem it solves is it just saves a ton of time without causing you to lose sight of what you're doing. It's easy to check in on once in a while to make sure it's doing its thing. \

Edgar review by Administrator in Human Resources
Administrator in Human Resources

"What did we do before Edgar!!!"

What do you like best?

Edgar allows us to keep our best content in a queue and makes it so simple to share others' content as well.

What do you dislike?

Wish it cost less, but it is well worth it for our small organization (2-10 employees). Additionally, navigating and completing some bulk actions is not always intuitive but they have made some great improvements in recent months.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great fit for our small organization.

We want to keep our social media presence going but we just didn't have the manpower. Edgar is like having a part-time staff member.

Edgar review by Administrator

"Wonderful Social Media Management product"

What do you like best?

Edgar is extremely easy to use, and allows you to plan a social media posting schedule that is complex in nature due to the varying channels within the library. We switched to Edgar from Buffer, and didn't look back.

What do you dislike?

I can't say there is anything that I didn't find satisfied our needs from this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do a trial and see if it's a good fit. I feel confident you'll switch from your current provider.

As a small business, our company didn't have a marketing or social media team that could put in much time to social media. Therefore, Edgar empowered me as a one-woman marketing team to create a posting schedule, then move on to other tasks for the rest of the week (or two!)

Edgar review by Mike C.
Mike C.

"Excellent time saver"

What do you like best?

The fact that Edgar is "set and forget." It means I invested plenty of time loading our evergreen content into it, but now that job is done, and over time, it's gradually recycled.

What do you dislike?

If you have a lots of posts scheduled, the calendar screen can be pretty complex.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Only worth the price (and its expensive for software) if you have a lot of evergreen content you want to share out over time.

Time. I was spending around two hours every Monday morning loading content in to Buffer previously.

Edgar review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Don't Let Your Great Social Updates Go To Waste!"

What do you like best?

This is the best social update publishing tool I've used so far. You can recycle great updates, create categories and schedules with ease, and the support staff there are awesome.

What do you dislike?

With the new FB image preview changes, you have to click a tab to see how it will show up now versus on the same page like before. Other than that, this platform ROCKS!

Social content curation is time consuming and this platform allows us to reuse updates so they can be seen by other segments of our page audiences and reach the maximum amount of people over time.

Edgar review by Christy H.
Christy H.

"Great affordable resource for social media managers"

What do you like best?

Buckets to recycle evergreen content - easy automation that saves hours.

What do you dislike?

Doesn't have full native publishing capabilities for all platforms, which is less than ideal from a post format perspective

Greatly cutting down time & increasing efficiency of social publishing/content marketing

Edgar review by Agency
Agency

"Good posting platform"

What do you like best?

Absolutely love the ability to upload/update content, have it saved in a "content bank", set a schedule and Edgar automatically populates posting based on the calendar set.

What do you dislike?

There is not posting for IG or analytics. Otherwise, it would be absolutely perfect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a fantastic tool for anyone looking to have optimized auto-populated content.

Edgar is wonderful—saving HOURS and HOURS a week scheduling posts with this tool.

Edgar review by Tara N.
Tara N.

"A must for anyone on social media... Streamlined & Efficient"

What do you like best?

The way it reuses your content. I love that Edgar saves everything you post in it & then reuses it later. When the analytics was added that was by far a huge step forward. I did not realize how efficient it was till I left Edgar because I thought I didn't need it. Wrong. The interaction with my audience took a huge dip after this. If you can't hire a person to be constantly updating & posting then you need Edgar!

What do you dislike?

The more content you load the harder it becomes to find your old stuff & check on it. However, this really is a non issue. Still worth putting in the time to go bad & proof read & spice up old posts. Especially after you see how they were received by your audience the first time around.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Double check all your links & spell check. Once it's in the library you may forget about it & turn Edgar will post again so keep on top of the details.

People just don't have enough time to be constantly uploading content to social media. This streamlines the process so that when you do upload something off the fly it's received that much better. This product keeps your business constantly engaged. Trust me the numbers don't lie, this one is a winner!

Edgar review by Nathaniel B.
Nathaniel B.

"Post your Evergreen content automatically!"

What do you like best?

I love that I can automate the process of tweeting and posting old content.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I can not post more often than 30 minutes. I would like to tweet every 5 minutes.

Edgar solves the issue of old posts and podcasts getting lost forever and never seen again even if they are evergreen.

Edgar review by Jennifer R.
Jennifer R.

"Great scheduling tool"

What do you like best?

Edgar allows you to create a library of content to recycle based on your editorial calendar. Old blog posts that are still relevant do not need to be manually scheduled to go out ever 3 months, but can be recycled by Edgar automatically. You have the ability to customize your library and assigned topics. In addition, the calendar function is easy to set up and use.

What do you dislike?

Although they are starting development in measurement, this is currently fairly basic and not easily accessed without viewing individual posts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It takes time to go through the initial creation of your content libraries, so do not plan to implement and review in 2 weeks. You will need to commit to a couple of months to really evaluate its ROI.

The use of Edgar has streamlined my post scheduling process, allowing me to share valuable content more than once in order to reach my audience. This cuts back on time and other inefficiencies.

Edgar review by User in Music
User in Music

"Pricey, but worth it."

What do you like best?

I love the library function - it's SO easy to organize my social media posts.

What do you dislike?

The price is high, especially for a business that's just starting out.

Edgar saves me so much time having to constantly schedule my social media posts. I can easily "batch" my content into categories, and then add new content to my library whenever I have the time for it.

Edgar review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Awesome...but it will cost you."

What do you like best?

Love that I can curate a lot art of evergreen content and set a schedule for posting and the rest is done for me.

What do you dislike?

The cost is a bit much, in my opinion. As a small business, I can't afford $50 a month.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have the money and want to automate your Facebook posts, this is amazing!

It helped me be much more consistent with my Facebook posts because it was automated.

Edgar review by Jason F.
Jason F.

"Nice social scheduling functionality"

What do you like best?

The que of content you can drip out repeatedly to drive traffic beyond the initial post promotion.

What do you dislike?

It's still young, so there are some quirks (like no Facebook image pull on browser extension activations, etc.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a few months away from being fully mature, but it's a very good concept and should be good.

Edgar helps me promote not just the posts I've written today, but evergreen posts that I want to continually post across multiple social networks. The queues are the first I've seen in this space.

Edgar review by User in Publishing
User in Publishing

"Good Social Media Manager But Pricey"

What do you like best?

I like that Edgar offers a post library, with categories, so that it's easy to reuse posts in the future.

What do you dislike?

Edgar is pricey for what it offers, compared to the competition. I'd prefer if it also allowed posting to Facebook events.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use their free trial to determine if the price is worth it to you.

Edgar is helpful to ensure that you're posting consistently to social media, which helps improve your overall reach.

Learning about Edgar?

* We monitor all Edgar reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.