Edgar

Social media sharing and scheduling software

Work for Edgar?

Showing 24 Edgar reviews
Edgar review by <span>Cindy C.</span>
Cindy C.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I've used Edgar and am a huge fan. It's the best solution that I've found to date that allows you to recirculate web content and easily add new content. You'd be surprised how valuable it is to republish past articles and information from your website to drive more traffic. It's user-friendly and a great asset.

What do you dislike?

It is a little pricey and I can't tag other social media businesses and it doesn't integrate with Instagram. Adding the ability to tag other businesses within the workspace would be ideal. However, the workaround is that I just edit the post after it goes live - so not the end of the world.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are versed in Social Media and have content to share, this will save you tons of time

Pre-scheduling content and promotions and keeping my Facebook Business pages updating with content on a regular basis.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Edgar
Edgar review by <span>Adriana L.</span>
Adriana L.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Edgar's interface is nice and beautiful, I love the post preview and the rotating libraries

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I can't just "stop" a calendar. If i need to stop my posts i will need to erase the calendar. This is very annoying if Im thinking about stopping my posts for a couple of days but I want to go back to my calendar later.

I also think it is very expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Edgar is great if you have a big budget but if you're struggling with budget I better recommend Recur Post.

Edgar helps me liberating time. Before I would have to manually post every entry into my social media but now I can just schedule everything at the beginning of each month.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Social Media Management solution do you use?

Edgar review by <span>Vert H.</span>
Vert H.

A Godsend for your Evergreen Content

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Edgar is built for evergreen content publishing. You will be able to keep a library of your best content, put them into separate categories, and assign time slots for them to be automatically re-shared in the future. Random content can also be assigned to time slots, and you can even decide which categories will be included in random!

What do you dislike?

Currently Edgar does not support multiple images in a single post. Photos are also shrunk to a more mobile-friendly resolution. As a photography-centric company, we would love to be able to show our photos in a bigger size.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Edgar works best if you already have a good number of (or plan on keep adding more) evergreen content to avoid too much repetition. You wouldn't want to bombard your audience with the exact same content over and over again. This will of course be dependent on the frequency of your schedule as well as how refined your categories are.

In terms of the networks supported, Edgar currently works for Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, but it doesn't seem like they will be adding more networks in the near future. So if you're looking for evergreen content sharing for Pinterest, Instagram, G+, or Snapchat, etc, you might be out of luck. (At the time I don't think service or products exist for these networks, though)

If you're a social media manager, you would know that the organic reach is ever-dwindling, and how important it is to re-use your evergreen content so more of your fans will be able to see your popular or effective content. We used to manually re-post content via Buffer, but it turned out to be a very time-consuming task and the content-management is cumbersome and inefficient.

Then came Edgar. By setting up a schedule to share our evergreen content automatically, we saved a lot of time and can get back to the most important task: create more quality content.

Edgar review by <span>Rainee T.</span>
Rainee T.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I used to spend hours every week scheduling individual tweets on Crowdbooster. As a nonprofit with an international focus, it's important to post to Twitter around the clock, but it can be time consuming and difficult to keep track of how often we push different CTAs to different timezone audiences. MeetEdgar has made a huge difference in the amount of time I can spend writing tweets instead of scheduling them, and being more mindful about what CTAs different timezone audiences are seeing.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was easier to schedule a post at a specific time when necessary (rather than schedule a category). The feature is available, but it's a bit clunky and I can't see what I've scheduled in the "schedule" tab which seems a little crazy. I also wish that I could upload multiple images or a video, though I'm not sure if Twitter's API allows for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great scheduling tool for Twitter that has saved me loads of time, and it's very affordable (and offers nonprofit discounts). It's worth noting it's not an analytics tool.

I am saving an incredible amount of time by creating a library a scheduling categories from that library, instead of having to schedule specific posts. It's revolutionized the amount of time I can spend dedicating to social media strategy instead of content creation.

Edgar review by Administrator in Law Practice
Administrator in Law Practice

Great Time Saver!

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I am new to handling our firm's social media activity and branding. When I first began I found it tedious and time consuming to post on different social media sites until I found Edgar. I couldn't believe how user friendly it was and for me that's huge. With Edgar I didn't have to be computer or social media savvy to use it. I like the ability to create categories and follow other sites to add content to my feed and then schedule everything at one time. This was by far the biggest win for me, not having to go to each social site I wanted to post content on, Edgar did it for me. I can't say how happy I am to have found Edgar and my boss is happy also.

What do you dislike?

Not a dislike necessarily but often, I like to schedule items that I don't want to categorize as a once only item and trying to work with the calendar portion is a bit tedious. It's doable and manageable but I like the idea of being able to schedule items once in their specific category to keep track of that particular post topic.

The other thing I wish for - not a dislike - is having the ability to add the "Queue" to my outlook calendar. That would be really nice, since I do other marketing and track it on my calendar, not having to sign into Edgar or manually add it to my outlook would be nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend giving it a try. We started with a free trial and never looked back.

The main business problem is "time management". Using Edgar has saved a considerable amount of time. I used to spend a few days on social media marketing and now I work on it once a week and I'm done.

Edgar review by <span>Mon G.</span>
Mon G.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

- Ability to post to many company social profiles

- Complete control over scheduling by profile, topic, time, date or one time post

- Transparency with history and queue

- Use categories to organize social posts by topic or department

- Bitly integration for all posts

- Control over adding images to each post

- Can export data via CSV

What do you dislike?

- Can't view post interaction data

- Inability to add UTM parameters to links

- Save time with scheduling social media posts

- Our sales team shares the same content on their profiles, which creates a greater awareness for our product

- Categories features has enabled us to organize content by categories (ie product, content, community)

Learning about Edgar?

* We monitor all Edgar reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.