Edgenet

Edgenet enables manufacturers, brands and retailers to organize, manage and publish rich product content across all of their selling channels.

Work for Edgenet?

Showing 19 Edgenet reviews
Edgenet review by <span>Kerri M.</span>
Kerri M.

A Great Experience!

What do you like best?

The customer service is what sold me on EN. Out of 5 companies I researched - and subsequently reached out to - they were the only ones to respond at all.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that our (the vendor) item number is not displayed next to the GTINs in the GDSN items tab so I can tell at a glance which items belong to the GTIN.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The staff is anxious to be of service. They are extremely knowledgeable in troubleshooting, and provide clear instructions on what to do. The facility is cutting edge, and the people work great as a team to deliver the best possible experience they can to their customers.

Currently, we are using EN to store our item data to be a central location for onboarding distributors as opposed to creating multiple files for each one. Benefits include the ability to group my items into categories to update/make changes without having to search. Also, the ability to see errors in red help me quickly navigate to the problem to fix it.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Edgenet
Edgenet review by <span>Wilson U.</span>
Wilson U.

Edgenet Experience

What do you like best?

Customer support is always a big one for me and the team at Edgenet really rocks at it. The product itself is a lot more user friendly than when I started using it. Finally, I like how they're looking forward and trying to connect with their customers to improve the application and create new products that solve our data synchronization challenges.

What do you dislike?

A couple of years ago I was using the Edgenet portal on a daily basis and I struggled with the speed issues. I think they've made a lot of improvement since. I don't mind having to use windows explorer, but I would prefer if it was fully functional on Google Chrome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We use two Edgenet products; GDSN to synchronize our products, PCc (Product Content Cloud) to standardize, store, and syndicate our products. Their products are just part of the benefits of working with Edgenet, what you'll really like is the team behind the products.

We're able to provide our core and commerce data to our customers. The biggest benefit for us is having a platform to store and standardize our data, while making it easy to use and distribute to our customers.

What Product Information Management (PIM) solution do you use?

Edgenet review by <span>Eric H.</span>
Eric H.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Edgenet

What do you like best?

Edgenet is a company that is dedicated to help their customers learn how to use their product. There are many companies that create a product and let their customers just figure it out, but not Edgenet, they go out of their way to assist you in navigating the program and provide excellent training and consultation. Excellent customer service!

What do you dislike?

I have had issues in the past with figuring out the layout and process of their supplier portal; however, as I stated before, Edgenet is very helpful and quick to teach there users best practices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Edgenet is a company that really cares about the quality of their product and the success of their users.

Edgenet provides a unique interface where suppliers can input all of their product data, in an efficient manner, and have it distributed to their subscribed customers. Edgenet has the ability to synchronize with GDSN data, which is also a very helpful feature. Edgenet’s continuous innovation and development of new ways to make our product data more effective, as well as their partnership with other companies that improve the distribution of product data, are benefits of working with Edgenet that are proving to be essential in the growth of our business.

Edgenet review by <span>Melissa S.</span>
Melissa S.

Edgenet - 360 Solution with the Customer Support to Match

What do you like best?

When I started at my current company, we only used Edgenet for a few customers. But as I learned the various GDSN interfaces and compared them to the full capabilities of Edgenet (marketing data sync and GDSN), I realized that our company could save time and money by converting all customers possible to Edgenet. The system is easy to use - yes, there are definitely a few tips and tricks that help speed editing but a quick call or email to any of their teams will get you an answer. Or utilizing their extensive reference library online. Their training events are also thorough and they make sure each customer is given individual attention to help work through questions with maintaining their own data. Utilizing their system has been a massive time saver. And knowing I can get help quickly gives me comfort that I can do my job efficiently. I highly recommend Edgenet and all their services.

What do you dislike?

Their online training isn't the best. I feel like it could be better organized but I've been told that is a project they have planned. I look forward to the changes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Edgenet has 3 major components to their online suite: 1. GDSN, 2. PCc (Product Content Cloud), and 3. a solution for manufacturers of customizable goods (which my company does not utilize). The GDSN you can utilize for ANY customer - it does not matter if they have an account with Edgenet - they can receive data. For the PCc, customers must subscribe to your data. There is a lot of crossover, so if you set-up an item for GDSN, you can turn on PCc data with click of the mouse and vice versa. You'll have to fill-in more data, but their system shares whatever it can to limit your data entry. Also, their system is very flexible. Whenever we feel criteria should be different for product data (we are very specific in how we state things because our product interacts with various fuels), Edgenet will work with you to make the changes. But they are conscious of what effect this may have and will discuss with you to make sure the change is appropriate. They definitely feel more like a partner than a vendor.

We have a very large customer base and a large number of products. By utilizing the GDSN and marketing data sync of Edgenet we can save time and more quickly guarantee accuracy by having one location to host the majority of our data. There is also a large amount of visibility to errors that allows you to work through your own troubleshooting instantly, versus waiting for a report to be sent to you, editing, resubmitting.

Edgenet review by <span>Vivian K.</span>
Vivian K.

Edgenet

What do you like best?

Edgenet is a one-stop-shop to get your product in front of your customers.

What do you dislike?

The learning might be a little long without the proper training but once you get the hang of it, it's pretty straightforward.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely go to any training that Edgenet offers. It helps tremendously in understanding how the system works and how it all fits together. The team is a great asset and eager to help you maneuver through the system especially when you're first getting started.

They are great at helping understand the difference between the PCc and the GDSN side of things which can be a little tricky at first.

The improvements and additional things that are coming down the pipeline sound like they will make the experience even better.

I look forward to working with them for a long time to come.

I think it just makes it easier to get your data to the client. The process makes it easy for the customer to request product additions and it makes it easy to add product as a supplier.

Edgenet review by <span>Sonia O.</span>
Sonia O.

Data Synchronization at it's finest!

What do you like best?

I have been working with Edgenet for 10 years and fondly refer to their data requirements as the "standards" for marketing and technical data. The PCc Supplier Portal is easy to navigate and there are several options for populating or editing product data. I think the best is that one portal serves many recipients.

What do you dislike?

Non-communicated requirement changes. While these changes are beneficial to our customers, the recipients of our data, it would be nice for these changes to be planned and communicated to the suppliers prior to implementation. I believe they are working on this so we look forward to the change.

For our customers that use Edgenet services as a recipient of our data, keeping them current with updated product information and new product listings is crucial to doing business. Edgenet also helps us stay current with the data requirements as these are always changing.

Learning about Edgenet?

* We monitor all Edgenet reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.