Edit+

Edit+ is a text editor, HTML editor, PHP editor, Java editor, and Hex veiwer for windows that can serve as a notepad replacement with features for web page authors and programmers.

Work for Edit+?

Showing 22 Edit+ reviews
Edit+ review by <span>Justin H.</span>
Justin H.

One of the best Text Editor Software

What do you like best?

Edit plus software is one of the best text editor software that I have used on daily basis for my business. Its simplicity impressed me a lot. The Menu bar at the top contains the enormous number of tools and options which makes your task simple and easy. You need to take help of other software. It helps me especially when I am doing website designing work for my clients. I did not need to open the browser for preview. It provides internal browser functionality as well.

What do you dislike?

When you designing code website for clients. You need to highlight the text then you have manually done it. There are no shortcuts for that as in other text editors. For example, if you need to bold the then shortcut key for BOLD is CTRL+B but in this when pressing this it open browser.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would like to recommend Edit plus to others as well. This is because I have working with it for more than 2 years. I have found it quite useful apart from some little hardship with tool. Apart from this software is perfect for website creation.

I am using Edit Plus software for more than 2 years and I used this tool for creating websites for clients. As it supports all the modern day languages such as HTML, CSS, Java, Perl, C++, C, Javascript, VBScript etc. The inbuilt browser is the great functionality of this tool.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Edit+
Edit+ review by <span>Teerapong M.</span>
Teerapong M.

Good tools for programming and file editor

What do you like best?

Editplus is easy and good for programming coding.It can preview HTML pages, and FTP commands for uploading local files to FTP server and also integration to control version. It has features include Hex Viewer, auto completion, column selection, powerful search and replace, multiple undo/redo, spell checker, customizable keyboard shortcuts. When you do a complicate project you can create a project group to well organize your files.

What do you dislike?

It will be better if it can support file larger than 2GB or more. Some feature they can forget it such as browser because standard browser can do it better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are finding good text editor tools just like me, I would recommend to try editplus as a trail version first before your make a purchase.

We are using windows OS which has notepad come out of the box but there are a simple features. So, we need some tools to replace the notepad and editplus is an answer.

What Text Editor solution do you use?

Edit+ review by <span>Juan N.</span>
Juan N.

Edit+ powerful editor

What do you like best?

I use it mostly for HTML diagraming is pre written HTML, CSS, XHTML, ANSI and control characters made my life simpler but, I can if I want do it "by hand", In addition its inferior toolbar keeps track of all tools I have used, which makes it easier to find instead of its lateral menu.

What do you dislike?

The lack of phone support may make the learning curve a little hard.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Edit+ is not for beginners, it may look like quite hard to understand but once you get accustomed to its format it is easier to use because of so many tools available

I can diagram HTML quicker and test it rigth away, its hexadecimal editor and integrated browser let me preview the web developments in which I am working. Whenever I need another language it is easier to add it,

Edit+ review by <span>Cleudy A.</span>
Cleudy A.

Cheap and nice alternative to other code editors in the market

What do you like best?

It's not too pricey, you can test it for free. Brings a nice kit of utilities like Emmet, Zen Code, Macro recording and FTP access. The editor is lightweight so you won't really feel any heavy load even when having many files opened.

What do you dislike?

No themes in sight, you won't be able to import or use custom themes for the editor's GUI nor the code theme which is a bummer, since most of us coders are really used to even the Monokai code theme.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for something cheap and decent for code and plain text editing, this might be your chance.

Simple text editing and fast prototyping is easily handled with this tool. It's got a Directory browser built-in, so you'll be able to browse through big projects with ease too.

Edit+ review by <span>Carlos F.</span>
Carlos F.

Awesome

What do you like best?

There is a large list of text editors but this is my favourite text editor since 2005. I use it to open large files usually 200-800 MB and transform the content with regular expressions

What do you dislike?

I do not like the limit for regexp execution is 10.000. I usually work with millions of lines. Always alert me each 10k operation. The creator must improve this feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Review regexp samples and search editplus addons to match your requirements

It is perfect to create new databases or modify it

Edit+ review by <span>OLIVIA P.</span>
OLIVIA P.

Edit+ works right.

What do you like best?

Its is compatible with all of my other software. It picks up on many mistakes that I missed originally. After you get the hang of the software it is pretty easy to use. It is better than the last two editing software products I tried and it seems to be way more user friendly.

What do you dislike?

It took a little longer than expected to get the hang of it. It is not simple, it takes some getting used to, but once you get the process down it gets better. I found some of the directions to be a little complicated and not self explanatory, but I went online and read about the software more and looked over a few forums to find more information and other experienced users. I think it was more my misunderstanding of the product, than the product it's self. The download time was not horrible but it was not great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time getting to know the product and how it works. Once you get a better understanding the software should be great for your needs.

I have to edit all my work and the work of some of my clients. It picks up on things I originally missed the first time I went over the work by myself. That is a huge benefit to myself, my time, and my clients. The software does exactly what the product claims to do and I am very satisfied with it. The other editing software I

Learning about Edit+?

* We monitor all Edit+ reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Categories