Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

EDIUS Pro

3.8
(22 reviews)

EDIUS Pro 8 means more formats and more resolutions in real time for the ability to Edit Anything, Fast. EDIUS Pro 8 is a good finishing tool for professional productions, including documentary and 4K theatrical productions.

Work for EDIUS Pro?

Learning about EDIUS Pro?

EDIUS Pro Reviews

Showing 22 EDIUS Pro reviews
EDIUS Pro review by Matthew S.
Matthew S.

"Fastest & The Best for PC!"

What do you like best?

I love EDIUS because it imports and edits all formats - from smart phones all the way up to leading digital cinema cameras, without conversion. Not only that, it edits and renders faster than ANY other editor (I compare EDIUS to the major players like Resolve, Premiere and Finally Cut Pro). The ability to colour grade using LUT's, keys and masks, all in 10bit, in real time is another reason I've never switched in 10 years. Beware of other reviewers on here who have only played with EDIUS for an afternoon - it takes a while to really get know this software and it's power, but when you do, you'll never look back :) The latest version even supports HDR workflows (rec.2020 colour spaces!). This program is NOT just for News editors and quick turnarounds - it's for anyone who wants a super stable, fast and powerful editing platform that supports more camera formats than any other, AND has a range of very powerful and creative filters that can produce very high end results. Did I mention that it's pay once, own forever? None of this subscription based nonsense.

What do you dislike?

I'd love to see EDIUS process video at even higher bit-depths, like 12 or 16-bit (or even 32bit float like Davinci Resolve). 10-bit is fine and enough for HDR delivery, but hey. Image sequence support is also a pain (slow), even though it works, it could be better. I also don't like how the bin is refreshed every time focus is taken away from the program, once you return it slows things down for a while if there are hundreds of clips.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it more than a day or two, and definitely check out youtube, edius.net and other training material to help you along the way. There's a goldmine of creative freedom in EDIUS and it's standard plugin set, you just need to know how to use it :)

Time is money. EDIUS is FASSSST. Fast to import, fast to edit, fast(est) to render and export. This helps me deliver quicker finished products for my clients which makes them happy :)

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about EDIUS Pro
EDIUS Pro review by M.D. W.
M.D. W.

"The next best thing"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about this program is the ability to look at the two different types of video that you're editing at the same time. On the screen you can see what is on the timeline, and what is the source material. That's just a cool thing that I like about this program.

What do you dislike?

This program doesn't have a lot of other programs that you can match it with like Photoshop does, sometimes they can get hard when you're trying to edit across multiple platforms.

As far as the biggest benefit of this program, is that it works as a great editing program that is not premier. If you're not interested in Premiere, or if you don't like Adobe for whatever reason, then I totally suggest Edius. (It's also cheaper)

What Video Editing solution do you use?

EDIUS Pro review by Nathan F.
Nathan F.

"Edius in the Newsroom"

What do you like best?

Edius is a very simple and straight forward video editing software. Where it lacks in some of the more in depth features that other software spans, it makes up in its straight forward and user friendly approach. For news editing, it does the job perfectly. Anyone from a seasoned editing professional, to a first time user can pick this product up and get the grasp of video editing with minimal effort or stress.

What do you dislike?

Some of the preset video effects have no real use in the newsroom. Others are not user friendly in terms of manipulating them. If you find there is a filter or effect you are needing that is not pre-installed, the only option that I have been able to come up with is to go and find a third-party willing to sell what you're looking for. I could not see using this product for professional video editing, as it does not come stock with a lot of the features users would hope for in a video editing software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for an easy to use editing software, this is about as straight forward as it gets. But if you're looking for something you can get really in-depth with, stick with Adobe.

Use for daily video editing of news production. When in a time crunch, Edius can output something crisp looking. With the simplicity of news editing, Edius will render out a project in less than fire minutes.

EDIUS Pro review by Eric D.
Eric D.

"Used daily for local news editing"

What do you like best?

The program is very simple to use, accomplishes many of the "basic" necessities when it comes to editing video for a daily newscast in a small-to-medium sized news market. As far as basic controls and abilities go, it seems to be very compatible with other video editing programs - most new hires are able to pick it up within a few editing sessions. The age range of reporters using this program spans from as young as 22 to as old as 60 and everybody seems to understand how the program works (even if only in its primal usage).

What do you dislike?

Inconsistencies during "high traffic" times during the day. When many reporters are using the program on the same network at the same time, it tends to lag or "pause and think" very often. And while I am not an "Edius expert," it does not seem to be extremely in-depth as far as capabilities go.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this as a basic editing program. You are not going to have much luck with producing an entire feature-length film, but as far as putting together a 45-60 second news clip, To summarize Edius in one work, I would use "sufficient." It will get the job done with ease, but is not going to blow your mind with its capabilities.

We use this program exclusively to edit video for our daily newscasts. This program allows us to attach video to our news program, which I'm told cannot be done with Premier.

EDIUS Pro review by Adam K.
Adam K.

"Fastest editing program for TV work!"

What do you like best?

Edius is the fastest editing software I've used. It has a lot of keyboard shortcuts and interface tweaks to streamline cutting footage that other editors don't have. We use it exclusively in our tv work and it makes us reach deadlines with ease. I doesn't contain any unnecessary plugins or addons. It's GUI is easy, plain and simple - just the way we like it.

What do you dislike?

I think the interface could use a graphical redesign - it's functional but not pretty. Edius also lacks custom plugin support, I don't have access to many plugins that I use like NeatVideo Denoise, Magic Bullet Looks, Filmconvert and Warp Stabilizer. We have to have a dedicated station with a different program for that. Exporting engine could have more codecs for more variety in delivering the content. I also found that big projects with a lot of files tend to crash a lot and not load very fast. It's something they have to work on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't use it if you do creative work that gives you a lot of time to deliver. Don't use it if you need plugins and color grading tools.

Get it if all you do is cutting and pasting + simple effects. It's the best one in this tasks.

Edius solves one of the major problems in producing TV content - constant lack of time and very short deadlines. As soon as our field team gets back we have to dump the footage and have it edited and exported usually in less than 2 hours. Therefore having an interface as simple and robust as the one in Edius enables us to do so. It makes editing as fast as possible without any unnecessary steps and tweaks.

EDIUS Pro review by KC M.
KC M.

"Interesting Product, poor execution"

What do you like best?

Edius has a familiar interface and it does the job, but it's not a particularly impressive tool.

What do you dislike?

Edius is in an awkward position between high end and low end editing systems. It lacks the flexibility of tools like Premiere Pro and Final Cut and doesn't have the power of programs like Media Composer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Edius may be a good solution, but only under the right circumstances. For example, Edius requires that you transcode your footage before importing in order to have consistent framerates and resolutions between clips; annoying since most modern programs handle this for you. The HQX codec is a nice option in a production workflow, but there are alternatives and it is possible to use HQX without owning the full Edius program.

I primarily produce videos for YouTube including product reviews and short films.

EDIUS Pro review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Edius Pro"

What do you like best?

I use edius as a daily editing system and have found that it can take a beating and get the job done. Nothing too fancy about it.

What do you dislike?

It crashes quite a bit and you need 3rd party software to make it doing anything worthwhile

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great for simple edits, but you'll have to use 3rd party software to achieve the look you want.

It's the primary editing system used which is a great low-end editor, but the ins-and-outs of it take a bit to get used to.

EDIUS Pro review by Rasoul G.
Rasoul G.

"Best software"

What do you like best?

1. Easy to use.

2. very simple

3. highly trustful

4. Cheap

What do you dislike?

Nothing. everything is good except for the Texts models

Editing videos. Fast processing of video

EDIUS Pro review by Andrew L.
Andrew L.

"A high value product that makes up for the price with its stability."

What do you like best?

Compared to other video editing software such as Vegas, this has a lot of features with a reasonable price. It's much smoother than its predecessor, and overall creates a sleek and powerful editing experience. The T2 Video Recorder is great for building small workflows and systems. Something fairly pleasing to me is the integration of hardware and software solutions that allow for file management and proxy based editing.

What do you dislike?

There is a lack of documentation for certain features included in the package, such as TitleMotion Pro, which thereby require the user to go online to research the use. The learning curve is thus a bit high, and the massive amount of features (which, normally, is a good thing), sometimes can confuse new users on my team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask someone you know for more help when you need it; this will accelerate the rate at which your team can really "master" the Edius Pro, and churn out great products.

As a programmer, I often need to put together small presentations to showcase my work, such as my complex polynomial fractal generator. This program, the Edius Pro, gets the job done for me and creates a neat result that I can use to show my superiors.

EDIUS Pro review by Baker L.
Baker L.

"Edius is great for Beginners or Quick Videos"

What do you like best?

Of all of the video cutting programs out there; Edius may have the best mixture of simplicity and effectiveness. Edius may not have as many features for cutting/editing video, but overall is great for piecing together or cutting. All of the main tools you need are right in front of you and well marked. The only drawbacks are the inability to easily color correct and adjust audio. These features still exist but they can be a pain. A great analogy for Edius is "Adobe Premier Pro for Dummies", while there is nothing wrong with Edius it is simply a simpler editing program than some of the other pricier ones out there.

What do you dislike?

The color correction and audio adjustments can be frustrating. It just takes a while to get it to a high quality level. Pictures can be a problem too but generally are easier than the former.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are trying to save money and do not need intricate editing tools then use Edius because it has everything you need. IF you need more advanced tools then I would advise spending the extra money.

I used Edius at a Television station in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. Since we either filmed or imported our video, the ease of importing and cutting video made our lives incredibly easy. Luckily for us most of the video we used did not have to be improved too much so some of the limitations of the system did not become a problem for us.

"It gets the job done"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use that edius provides, so long as you are looking for basic editing in a fast and easy system edius will work fine. I also love edius' keyboard shortcut layout, the layout really serves to provide some advance tools at your fingertips.

What do you dislike?

Edius feels clunky. if you are looking to fine tune an edit then you are really best served with something else. edius knows what it is best at, and that's where it shines. Beyond a basic edit edius really falls apart quickly. I have also found that natively Edius doesnt offer a lot of file type support, I am converting videos more often than I would like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In the media I cannot think of an NLE that offers the speed and layout that edius offers. if you need something cut and ready for a fast approaching deadline Edius is just what you need.

Working in the media Edius offers speed that we need to get things ready for air.

EDIUS Pro review by Kailey M.
Kailey M.

"EDIUS Pro Review "

What do you like best?

I like that Edius Pro is easy to use. I've used other editing softwares before and Edius is simple.

What do you dislike?

There are glitches the system as no technology is ever perfect. There are times when the software doesn't send or export things the way I want.

We are able to edit and cut video for the newscasts fast. It's a reliable software that helps all. It's also nice we can edit from our own computers.

EDIUS Pro review by Alicia C.
Alicia C.

"Quick renders"

What do you like best?

The render times are extremely quick. No sitting around for 50 hour render times. Will accept (almost) any file codec. Also - the auto save is a life saver.

What do you dislike?

The interface is limited for basic motion graphics. If you want to make flashy commercials for a client, pick another program. But if you want to accept a ton of footage and create a story that's broadcast functional - this is the program for you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get your work done with Edius Pro!

Turning large amounts of work per week. The render times really save you in a pinch when you have a deadline.

User in Broadcast Media

"Reporter-- use this system to edit and work on my stories"

What do you like best?

I like how simple it is to use. Any editing tool you need is relatively easy to find and work exactly like you would expect based on other similar systems.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more transitions that seemed natural. Dissolve is the only transition for video I use frequently-- the rest seem to be a little too much for most stories and too dramatic

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use it. It's as simple and basic as you need it to be. But also has the possibility to do more complex things if you know how to use it.. A system all levels of editors could use.

No main problems-- but the benefits have definitely made things a lot easier when editing the stories. This system makes things run a lot smoother than other programs I've used before.

EDIUS Pro review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Simple editing software that does have advanced tools to work with"

What do you like best?

I like the that it's easy to navigate with many click and drag ability that other softwares don't have but it has more than enough structure in the professional work space to function that way. You can make middle edits in the middle of projects without getting in the way of what you've already done.

What do you dislike?

I don't like some of the presets. I realize that some of them are based off the workplace I'm at (those are the basic setup for many people) but they seem to be easily avoidable. I sometimes find myself search for different function on the spot directly above the timeline and if it's not there I can't easily get to it elsewhere. Importing video (again partially based on where I work) can take a large amount of time and it's not easily done.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've used FinalCut and Avid in other jobs (not with the last year) and Edius seemed to me to be a good combination of the two. It has the user interface and simplicity of FinalCut that makes it seem like everyone can use it but also has enough structure to laying down video, splicing audio, etc that a professional can use it and make the work standout.

Like with anything, the more I use Edius the more free flowing and easier it is. There are benefits that it edit simple cut videos really quickly since I deal with deadlines a lot.

EDIUS Pro review by User in Sports
User in Sports

"Great for local news editing"

What do you like best?

I love the simplicity of Edius. If you are working on lower end (simple) productions, Edius will be perfect for you. It is very easy to learn. For basic BROLL, VOs, SOTs and packages, Edius will do all you need it to.

What do you dislike?

If you are working on higher quality projects, Edius may not be for you. It is not used at many other media outlets (especially outside of local news) so you may not be able to take these skills and experience to other positions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to cut basic video, Edius will suit you. It doesn't have many advanced plug-ins and options.

If you are going to buy Edius for yourself with the intent of transferring that practice to your professional life, you may want to go with another editing software. Local news stations seem to be one of the main users of this software and not many other places.

I used Edius at a local news station. I was easily able to go out in the field, shoot and then have a package ready within several minutes. Edius works great with ENPS News Rundown software as well. I have had way less problems with Edius compared to other editing software (Avid, Final Cut, etc).

EDIUS Pro review by User in Internet

"Edius could do the job quick!"

What do you like best?

Simplicity is the best Edius advantage. Software have essentials features needed to edit professional video or film. Big advantage is that also run quicky in contrast to other software. I use it daily and I really appreciate this features. I recoomend Edius for begginer users so they can quickly learn about essentials of edit.

What do you dislike?

Only thing that I'm not super happy is additional plugins but I use them rarely so it is not big defect. Another thig is that Edius is not much popular in my country so if I had problems with it I must looking for english support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Edius for begginers users. They can quickly learn about essenstial of edit.

BTW I'm on Mac now, I can't upload the photo of Edius ;)

With Edius I can quickly edit my videos. I'm running internet magazine and often I do videos. It's daily magazine so I need to work with time pressure. Edius helps me do the job fast.

EDIUS Pro review by Resul B.
Resul B.

"Practical using of Edius Software "

What do you like best?

The program has easy and ergnomic interface.This is a key feature on prefering topic for a video editing industry. Also you can working on almost all modern video formats.

What do you dislike?

I can't say I love color grading and balance unit performance for Edius.I meant while using on default or optimal level version according to other top class editing softwares.Of course if you install external color grading supporter softwares you can see very productive performance on this program

Recommendations to others considering the product

If They will use the software for tv and media production works they would be very happy and satisfied.

Multicam video editing and event broadcasting

EDIUS Pro review by Administrator in Broadcast Media
Administrator in Broadcast Media

"Edius Pro is excellent for newsrooms"

What do you like best?

The interconnectivity included in this software surpasses most industry's standards. The system is capable of sending information to the control room which is linked to the rundowns and visible to the technical directors.

What do you dislike?

I disliked the random system crashes which mostly affected the whole news operation

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a bit of a learning curve. Do the tutorials.

Newsroom personnel has instant acces to all the stories being worked on simultaneously. Time crushes are reduced thanks to the feature

EDIUS Pro review by User in Sports
User in Sports

"Edius Makes an Amateur Feel Like a Pro"

What do you like best?

Out of all of the editing software that's currently on the market, EDIUS Pro is in the top tier. Its user-friendly layout also allows for a novice filmmaker to create quality projects without having to take breaks to look up confusing tutorials online.

What do you dislike?

While EDIUS is simple to use, it would be nice for future versions to include a more diverse selection of editing tools, such as transitions and filters.

As someone whose patience is always tested when I sit down to work, the accessibility of EDIUS allows me to relax and focus on editing my project to the best of my ability.

"Great for journalists"

What do you like best?

Edius is intuitive for news editing. It has the features you need but not many you don't (for example, you don't need crazy effects for most news stories).

What do you dislike?

A few effects are difficult to put in. For example, the "Ken Burns effect" requires using something called "3D box in box."

It allows journalists to edit quality stories with high production value.

EDIUS Pro review by Phil H.
Phil H.

"edit everything?"

What do you like best?

Real time rendering, Edius also allows editing using different formats of video

What do you dislike?

No photoshop or after effects integration as part of Edius

Recommendations to others considering the product

Missing some bells and whistles but handles most chores like a pro

Edius isn't a very expensive software package and although it's missing some bells and whistles it's still a solid edit system

Learning about EDIUS Pro?

* We monitor all EDIUS Pro reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.