Edmodo

Edmodo helps connect all learners with the people and resources needed to reach their full potential.

Work for Edmodo?

Learning about Edmodo?

Edmodo Reviews

Showing 108 Edmodo reviews
Edmodo review by Berenice G.
Berenice G.

"Platform of great help in the educational process."

What do you like best?

A few months ago I use this platform and I can say it has been satisfactory, since it has allowed me to be up to date with assignments and evaluations, I assign homework and sent through this network and then I receive it by this same means and I qualify. It is a space that allows me to communicate with my students and in addition to proposing tasks, activities, and managing them I can also share messages, files, links and work schedule. It has an interface similar to those of other social networks, which is easy and intuitive.

What do you dislike?

In the time that I have used it, it has been a great tool to carry the educational process, the only disadvantage is the need for a chat to interact instantly with the students and clarify any questions regarding the assignments or tasks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It represents a good option of distance class when the teacher or student can not be in the educational area for different reasons, allowing to keep up with the planning of the contents.

It is a free platform. Just register and send invitations to colleagues and students.

It is a private platform since only students, parents and registered or authorized teachers can access it.

This private platform represents a useful, motivating and innovative tool that facilitates learning and allows meeting the planned evaluations in the different subjects, since in it tasks and activities are formulated and then managed without the need to share the same space.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Edmodo
Edmodo review by Florene E.
Florene E.

"Modern program for communicating with students"

What do you like best?

The Edmodo program is very user-friendly, it was created for the teachers and their students, so even children can easily figure out this application. It does not take me long to notify all the students about the upcoming changes in the swell, or future tests. Very often you have to discard text files, but as the program supports both Microsoft Office and Google Apps, it happens quickly and easily. Parents can easily track their child's progress and homework.

What do you dislike?

In a fairly long-term use, I have not yet found the minuses that severely hamper me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use and keeps under control all the students. The program allows to interest everyone in the learning process.

I use this program for communicating with students outside the class, I skip additional information, thanks to Edmodo, I can be sure that the students who missed the class can easily pull up the lost material.

What Learning Management System (LMS) solution do you use?

Edmodo review by Weldon M.
Weldon M.

"An excellent tool for improving the level of education"

What do you like best?

Edmodo is a great way to connect with teachers, students and parents. Teachers can control who is a member of the groups. You can use it for communication, polling, quests, quizzes. Managing classes is much easier, and students can easily send teachers individual messages or materials. The price is also very good, compared to other programs of the same plan.

What do you dislike?

The only drawback of this application is the mandatory connection to the Internet. Most web applications require an Internet connection and you will not be able to use it without it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A good resource for teachers. It is very easy to understand and master. Easy to use. An ideal solution for students and their parents. Edmodo is an excellent technological tool for improving the level of students' learning in the classroom.

We communicate with students and parents, download activities. If students are absent from school, the teacher can download the activity that the student missed during their absence. I used the program during the training seminar, and I liked the result. Students communicate with their teacher if they have problems with assignments. In addition, parents can easily keep in touch with the teacher if they can not meet in person.

Edmodo review by Asia K.
Asia K.

"For students, Teachers and Parents safe and reliable !"

What do you like best?

First of all Price of Edmodo is quite cheap when you compare other software. With Edmodo, Controlling the members of group and being in connection with students and their parents is great how Edmodo is working. you can give grades to students and give them quizzes to measure them If they are learning fast or not. I like the most Edmodo is really safe and reliable software. It is really easy to use Edmodo.

What do you dislike?

Mobile version of Edmodo is not effective and useful as much as website version. it has many bugs and sometimes I need to connect fast for urgent issue and it is really hard to log in with mobile version. it need to be improved more. expect for these problems I don not have any complain about Edmodo it is really safe and secure product for me I do not have any hesitation for this program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is great application for anyone giving courses to students or taking courses from teachers. I highly recommend for anyone who looks for safe and secure software like Edmodo.

I am working in complex company by travelling and after my work done in company I am logging in Edmodo and I give courses to my students about languages. For me this is really valuable and helpful product to use, thanks to Edmodo I can give my courses easily and keep in touch with my students parents.

Edmodo review by Susanne L.
Susanne L.

"Edmodo for anyone working as a teacher, being students or for people having children !"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use for me and I am sure for everybody too, Specially, real-time feedback and communication tools are great. Also classroom organization and management for my student is perfect. I can give grades for my students and also comments for them to make them more successful. the most important thing is that Edmodo is really safe for kids.

What do you dislike?

I can say something about mobile version of Edmodo. I can not say it does not working, it works, but there is too many bugs. I am not using too much mobile version. Usually I am working with desktop-web version. But If they give attention mobile version, this would be nice. shortly mobile version should be improved more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can honestly highly recommend for anyone, If you are working as a teacher related job, then you have try it. It will make your job simple and more interesting.

I am working as marketing and advertisement in the global company. I also teaching to my students about English language I am giving courses And that means I am using Edmodo for my student and our staff members for classes. And I love it.

Edmodo review by Barbara J.
Barbara J.

"Best one for students, teachers and parents."

What do you like best?

Edmodo is a great way to connect with teachers, students and stakeholders. Teachers can control who is a participant in groups and can control the content for each group, Edmodo can be used for communication, polling, assignments/quizzes etc. price is also good when you compare other software with Edmodo, it is like social networks.

What do you dislike?

There is no private connection with students because as a teacher sometimes we need to give some advice to our students as private way and also I can not see who is online or offline it would bee great to see them if they are online or not.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can recommend for students, teachers and parents as well. With Edmodo you can feel like you are in classroom.

I am working in a global company and also I am giving special course for students about English languages that is why I have been recommended Edmodo and I started to use it, it is great for me after work when I arrived home directly I can connect and I can start to give my course to students also I can connect with other teachers to share resources and ideas. I can reach long distance students with Edmodo easily.

Edmodo review by Ahmet Burak A.
Ahmet Burak A.

"Perfect software really. Here is Edmodo !"

What do you like best?

Ease of use for me and I am sure for everybody too, Specially, real-time feedback and communication tools are great. Also classroom organization and management for my student is perfect. I can give grades for my students and also comments for them to make them more successful. the most important thing is that Edmodo is really safe for kids.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is really slow and it is loading pages so late when I try to assignment.Also the thing what I really did not like is customer service, it really took too much time to get answer from them and I did not like it. I think also software should be improved for other languages support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are teacher I can recommend you to use Edmodo for your best training and also ıf you are student guardian, you should know that Edmodo exactly safe software for your kids. Also for students , If you want to learn by having fun you should start use Edmodo.

I am teaching English to my students and I am so far away from them but thanks to Edmodo we are like next to next and it is really amusing to learn something on the webside by using Edmodo for my student becasue They are still young ages and They are always playing with computers and smartphones , so Edmodo is the best way to teach something for these kind of youth.

Edmodo review by Shawnna C.
Shawnna C.

"Perfect information for all audience. "

What do you like best?

I found that software very helpful for me and consist a lot of information of useful knowledge. The best platform to build a big audience. To create and to set homework, easy to make appoint examination. Of course, all of this I can control in a very simple way.

What do you dislike?

Actually, I don't have any bad issue with this software. I will tell another side. I know that this platform very comfortable for parents. Being at work they can know which notes child has. What they did and should do. The good monitoring system in all information which you should tell your audience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

That software is powerful for all teacher and parents and students. Platform very useful. Very easy to find all information which you will need. Also, it is a big helper in teachers hands. Good organization at all steps. I recommend it to have.

We like to work with our audience. I like that they have all information in the right format. I'm glad that I have very good sharing system and with the easy way, I can open a subject and let see them information. Parents have the ability to know about notice and events and everything that is going on in the class.

Edmodo review by Gore A.
Gore A.

"Great place for teachers"

What do you like best?

Am digital instructor and since I started to use Edmodo I feel perfect. Because Edmodo gives you most powerful tools for e-classes. It's integrated direct to Google Drive, design is awesome. It is really wonderful for teachers, instructors, trainers and etc. If you are one of them you can use it as a paperless online classroom. If you are a student you can join its variety of free groups to learn whatever you want.

What do you dislike?

I will complain about mobile version of Edmodo. I can't say it does not working, it works, but there is too many bugs. Am not using too much, usually am working with desktop-web version. But If they give attention mobile version, this would be nice!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Edmodo is highly recommended platform for online classroom. If you are working as a teacher related job, then you have try it! It will make your job simple and more interesting.

Am working as a digital instructor in our educational course(Whiplash). And that means am using Edmodo for my student and our staff members for classes about digital resources and tools. And I love it.

Edmodo review by Malwina S.
Malwina S.

"Edmodo leads you transfer to paperless mode."

What do you like best?

Edmodo is perfect online platform for education. As a trainer I can say that you can't find something like that. Edmodo provides great tools for teachers and people who need one space for collaborate with his/her audience. You can add other viewers, for example if you are working with minors you can add their parents to group. Online grading feature is perfect. And of course it's working with Google Drive and that means it does not require any downloads. Joining to any group is so simple, you can add new member by using their email or they individually join by using group code.

What do you dislike?

Am usually working with web version of Edmodo, but sometimes I need to check my stuff quickly, I mean with mobile version. But I don't like it so much, It is not working well as web version. I think they have to do some improvements on this side too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very simple to use, designed good, always working smoothly. And it has tons of awesome tools and different useful functions. Recommended.

Am a trainer and modern education system requires more mobility and flexibility. All of them is included to Edmodo, everything in one place. It helped me to transfer to paperless mode in my job.

Edmodo review by Micheal J.
Micheal J.

"Review for Edomodo"

What do you like best?

The best feature for me is its layout is so similar to popular social media websites like Facebook. It has a lot of tools for instructors who can easily make homework, digital books and videos available to a large number of students. it also allows us to distribute content in a huge variety of ways.

It also has a good discussion board which allows instructors and students to share ideas and opinions better.

What do you dislike?

Although this is not a lack in feature by Edomodo, it is just not very popular among the students for some reason. I have had issues with receiving notifications for this, but that is not much of a big issue. It is a wonderful tool!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has excellent features and is one of the best learning management systems available online.

I use this to share content with my colleagues and the students I visit when I visit my former college sometimes. It is easy to share content with them and this website provides great tools for easy communication.

Edmodo review by Ryan A.
Ryan A.

"Edmodo is a great tool to keep parents informed of their student's school work"

What do you like best?

The clean appearance makes it easy for students and teachers to use in a blended classroom. It has the Facebook-type interface that most students are familiar with, and teachers familiar with technology can easily learn how to incorporate the product into instruction. I also liked the ability to control students' access to posting in the groups. I preferred the read-only option, as I used Edmodo as a means to convey information regarding the class.

What do you dislike?

There needs to be a way to have an alert posted at the top of a group page. I would make periodic reminders of tests or due dates, but these were lost the feed. Therefore, students saw them and forgot about it or just did not see it due to the amount of posts in the feed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is great because you can schedule assignments or assign a specific task to a specific student. Google Classroom has definitely made great strides in the past years

Edmodo has helped me manage my classroom online and made technology incorporation and implementation much easier for me. My biggest use of Edmodo for my classroom has been the testing capabilities.

Edmodo review by Lin N.
Lin N.

"Wonderful education program."

What do you like best?

With unlimited storage, I can faster build groups, appoint homework, plan quizzes, control progress, and much more. I know that with anything on one stage, this software is designed to give us complete monitoring over our audience.

What do you dislike?

I can't say something bad about that product as I like to use it very much. I see that it is very useful for my audience and of course for me as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software is really useful. That platform is a worldwide learning network. That will helps you to connect all apprentice with the people and resources needed to obtain their full potential. Very big helper for all of us.

Using this software, we easily search and open free and premium tools, games, and create an assembly of our loved resources. Also, we can upload, share, or sell our original training content.

Edmodo review by Mariela  P.
Mariela P.

"Edmodo as an extra tool for teaching"

What do you like best?

The website is very user-friendly, the layout is simple but similar to the design of Social Networks such as Facebook, which allows users to be comfortable with it, since nowadays, most people have accounts on several social networks.

Edmodo has many tools for teachers and students, I created two profiles (teacher and student) to be able to explain my students how to use the website. Teachers can upload homework, handouts, digital books, pictures, videos, as well as sharing links from other websites and posting tests and polls. Tests can be uploaded so the students answer them at a specific moment, the duration can be also set and the corrections are done in the website. Which means that each student can receive personalized feedback and see the mistakes they made or wrong answers. Teachers are also able to connect with other teachers all over the world and to specific communities.

I've only used the website with adult students, so I didn't use things such as badges, due to their age and the context in which we were (Higher Education); however, it's a nice bonus to keep students motivated.

Students have the opportunity to keep all the material the teacher uploads available online and to do their homework and answer the tests from home, to see their progress (teacher's evaluation), to ask for doubts to the whole class or privately (via inbox) and that means they can learn, practice more, and help each other.

In my case, we didn't use Edmodo as a formal virtual classroom, but as a way of sharing content related to the subject and for my students to practice at home.

The website also has a separate tool: Edmodo Spotlight, in which teachers can share resources, such as exercises and courses for everyone with an Edmodo account; an it also offers free and paid apps for students to learn about different topics and for teachers to have a better virtual classroom according to students' needs and to keep growing and learning.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there's nothing I've disliked about the website so far. It's very complete and user-friendly. Yet, there's still a lot of things for me to discover at Edmodo.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With adult students, in my opinion, Edmodo allows them to take part of the learning process and share with their classmates and teacher all the opinions, suggestions, ideas, material and more on the website. As for younger students, I believe it would allow the teacher to share much more information with the students and their parents can also create an account, so everyone can be involved in the process.

The design of the website is very user-friendly, so it won't be too difficult to use.

I've used Edmodo since 2014; I started using it because there were political issues in my country which made difficult and sometimes impossible to go to the University and have the class. I sought for a tool that allowed me to teach, help and evaluate my students without compromising our safety, and I found it. After those political issues disappeared, I continued using Edmodo with other students, to share information, videos and to send them homework, so that our face-to-face classes could go on smoothly. I realized that, that extra time my students took to learn, practice and share doubts online with their own classmates and teacher, helped them improve their performance during the class. The whole teaching and learning process became more inclusive and dynamic.

Edmodo also allowed me to grow as a teacher, because I started going beyond the typical lesson planning and focusing on the needs and suggestions of my students.

Edmodo review by Kristan D.
Kristan D.

"Good program -- several other options available, though"

What do you like best?

I like that it is a central app to communicate with your class and parents. It's common for parents to hear conflicting information between the student and the teacher, so it's especially helpful that, as a teacher, I can communicate with both of them concurrently so everyone receives the same message. I also like the badges so I can acknowledge good performance quickly with something that encourages the students to continue to do well. I also like the quiz functionality as it reduces the volume of paper assessments to grade.

What do you dislike?

There seems to be quite a few products that do this. Parents & students often complain that they have to monitor multiple applications, emails from students, and emails from the school to receive information. The consistent message is to have all communications from one source. As a math teacher, I wish there was functionality available for me to format my quiz questions using math symbols and layouts better. For example, other programs include a way for me to better present fractions, exponents, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Evaluate Edmodo with other products (Google Classroom, Class Dojo, etc) to see which works best for you, your students, and your parents. Choose one and streamline your communications.

I've saved money on paper as well as time dealing with printer problems as I can create, assign, and grade quizzes online with this system. This also helps me to communicate a consistent message to parents and students together. Also, more than one parent can sign up to receive notifications and information.

Edmodo review by Naomi R.
Naomi R.

"Edmodo is the best way for keeping in touch with my students"

What do you like best?

I love that I can easily upload any kind of document as well as use and schedule quizzes, send messages, and even create small groups for my students to talk to each other. My students have come to rely on Edmodo as their primary way to keep in touch with teachers and stay updated on what is going on in class. We can use the planner feature to schedule when assignments are due so students who are absent can figure out what was covered the day they were absent.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that even though I have my notifications turned on, I don't receive push notifications to my phone when a student has sent me a message.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Create a different group for each class you teach, even if you teach the same subject multiple times per day. This is helpful especially if one class has gotten ahead/behind the others, and it makes grading assignments submitted through Edmodo much easier. If all of your students are in the same group, it's more difficult to switch back and forth in your gradebook for different hours of the day. It's best if you can do one class at a time.

As a school, we have used the planner feature of Edmodo to create a group where we reserve shared spaces like our media center. This allows the whole staff to view the bookings at the same time while using a platform we all currently use.

Edmodo review by Maribel del Valle G.
Maribel del Valle G.

"I can follow class discussions from anywhere."

What do you like best?

Edmodo is the best application they have been able to create as a tool for teachers, it can even be used by parents, it has a space to manage messages, it has a notification button to be up to date with everyone. and I can continue reinforcing my classes from here.

What do you dislike?

It is compatible with both google and Microsoft accounts, so far I have not had anything negative with this application, I have it downloaded to my phone and it accompanies me wherever I go. It can also be used on the computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

All teachers must use this application is 100% practical.

I can continue to clarify the doubts that arise in my students once they arrive at their homes.

Edmodo review by Administrator

"Edmodo - Good but needs Work"

What do you like best?

Edmodo is easy to use, simple to understand and straightforward in its structure. It's design gives the impression of a classroom within a social median setting and provides a reliable method of interaction between teachers and students. Teachers can both send class materials easily and create quizzes to gauge the students understanding of topics learned, making it a good tool for classroom management.

What do you dislike?

It feels very outdated and when compared to other classroom management tools, such as Canvas, needs to catch-up with new innovations. Overall, it is a useful tool but should be upgraded to include features that can be integrated with social media platforms .

Recommendations to others considering the product

Edmodo is a good starting point and should definitely be considered if you are new to classroom management or e-learning tools.

E-learning, classroom management, quizzes and discussion.

Edmodo review by Danielle H.
Danielle H.

"EDMODO - Facebook for Educators"

What do you like best?

Edmodo has so many awesome features that are safe to be used with students. It is simplistic to manage classes, and students can easily send teachers individual messages about the content on the page or material in class.

What do you dislike?

The page is a little busy. Sometimes it can be a little much.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start small and then expand your page based on the needs of the learners. If you join too many communities, it will make your page busier. Also, clean out your page of communities that don't apply to you.

It acts as a safe webpage for teachers to write up assignments. Students can also have class discussions on the tool and submit work through the platform. Teachers can add other teachers to their pages to get innovative ideas they can use in their classrooms.

Edmodo review by Chang B.
Chang B.

"A great step to teach and of course to learn."

What do you like best?

I like to work with this software I like to fast make groups, set homework, assign quizzes and control progress. All of this I can do in one software.

What do you dislike?

I'm using that software and I can say that it's a great solution to control all work which you need to give to the audience. And it's great that parents can know about homework and events of their child has.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great resources for all teachers. Very easy to understand. Simple to use. The perfect solution for students and their parents. Big helper to all Teachers.

Helps to share with parents. Share classroom notice, events, set up reminders for them. Work with it more clear and open to everyone. Save more working time.

Edmodo review by John D.
John D.

"Does what it says it will do, if students and parents participate"

What do you like best?

Very user-friendly dashboard and formatting; it is very much like social media sites students frequent.

What do you dislike?

Interest in using Edmodo wanes once the novelty wears off. It's hard to keep students and parents motivated toward it. High school students also see Edmodo as too babyish for their maturity level.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider your unique students before committing. There's a lot of front-end work that pays off for the rest of the year (entering student data, creating groups, etc.), but as education management software has evolved and continues to evolve over the years, students are increasingly simplifying, preferring reliable and often non-digital means of proving their mastery. Edmodo isn't for everybody, but those who love it, love it.

For students who have extended absences or for those who need at-home instruction, Edmodo provides a great tool. It's also a more high-tech way of assigning homework that fosters engagement in younger students, especially.

Edmodo review by Amanda G.
Amanda G.

"Edmodo"

What do you like best?

I like that you can upload lessons and activities. I also like that you can communicate with your students and their parents online. This is also great because the teacher can give assignments or tests to check the students' understanding of the lesson. Then the teacher can see what areas students need the most help.

What do you dislike?

As of right now, I like everything I have seen and used on Edmodo.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is great to use for communication with parents. Edmodo is a great technology tool to enhance what the students are learning in the classroom. The students can be given assignments to do online at home or at a library. Then the teacher can check their assignments and give them a grade for the assignment.

Teachers can communicate with students and parents. You can upload activities. If students are absent from school, the teacher can upload the activity the student missed during their absence. I used Edmodo during a teacher workshop and I enjoyed using it and seeing it from a student's perspective. Edmodo is beneficial to teachers, students, and parents. Teachers are able to further the lesson and activities when the students leave school in the afternoon. Students are able to communicate with their teacher if they have problems with the assignments. Also, parents can easily be in contact with the teacher if they are unable to meet with the teacher. Classwork can easily be uploaded to Edmodo so then the students aren't misplacing their classwork.

Edmodo review by Hank S.
Hank S.

"Wonderful and simple organization tools."

What do you like best?

I'm glad that I have this software which helps me to concentrate on teaching, not paperwork as usually. It is the best way of making groups, appoints homework, and have a great control of progress. To have a digital classroom it is the best way to our future.

What do you dislike?

Thank God I don't have any big problems with this system. And doesn't make any harm to all education process. With set up, I don't have any delay. So the product is great working.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The most wonderful education platform for all. It is will be an easy way to find all information. The big opportunity to use that program for parents and teachers with really the power of help in the learning system. I really recommend it and guaranty that your learning process will be better.

We find the better educational information from all over the web. Using this software I can open powerful tools, apps, games, and make assembly of our loved resources. I have the ability to upload and share our pedagogical content.

Edmodo review by User in Higher Education

"Great for younger students or students familiar and comfortable with Facebook"

What do you like best?

Edmodo is friendly, approachable, and comfortable to navigate. It is an LMS created with social media platforms and K-12 teachers in mind. Sharing resources is simple and communication is emphasized as a priority (and therefore a breeze). Edmodo plays well with others, too, which is rare among tools in its class. Integration is supported for popular app providers like Google and Microsoft.

What do you dislike?

No LTI support, limited features, and simplistic grading and assessment tools make it frustrating to work with in adult education. I don't recommend this tool to university instructors or clients with more sophisticated adult training goals. Sponsored content is also an unwelcome interruption for some audiences.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider your students'/participants' needs carefully before choosing this platform. I also recommend creating an example course or student profile before making your final decision. This helped me see the value of the platform but also helped me realize that it wasn't the right tool for my needs.

Edmodo is an inexpensive and simple solution. It doesn't work for everyone, but it can be a great choice for the right users. This is a great way to bring technology into a traditional classroom, especially for younger students.

Edmodo review by Joshua C.
Joshua C.

"Learn by teaching more with EDMODO.COM"

What do you like best?

I like this web application because it has simple User Interface and hassle-free environment. Even kids can use this as a tool for their school as a part of learning opportunities or stepping stones in their digital learning.

What do you dislike?

The downside for this application is the internet connection. Most of web applications needs internet connection. You can't use this without it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can recommend this to all school or any small institutions like grade and high schools as making this a school application.

This application can solve student's performance monitoring. And can help save time in meeting them and their projects or school requirements can be paperless.

Edmodo review by Gabriela K.
Gabriela K.

"Best online classroom service"

What do you like best?

They have perfect dashboard and homescreen to navigate and see everything on one place; Tools are great, especially real-time grading feature. Customer service is so helpful and responsive. They also have a mobile application for Android and IOS.

What do you dislike?

We didn't experienced any significant and big deal problems about Edmodo, it's great for trainers, instructors and teachers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended.

We are education company and we are using Edmodo for almost 2 and half years. It is excellent software and everything is working so smoothly. They have great integrations with Microsoft and Google and that makes it perfect.

Edmodo review by Ben W.
Ben W.

"Easy to set up for digital classroom experience"

What do you like best?

The set up for digital classrooms with Edmodo are incredibly easy, as well as the ability to have students and co-teachers join the class. I can create assignments and quizzes all from one central location, but also have my google drive connected for additional collaboration.

What do you dislike?

The Edmodo experience is marred by ad-ware unless you upgrade. They should really look into investing methods to keep the classroom free of ads for student users.

I’m solving the need of trying to find easy to use methods for helping students use and discover research skills.

Edmodo review by Mahmud E.
Mahmud E.

"Online teaching platform"

What do you like best?

İn my country Edmodo is the most famous online classroom. And It is being used by teachers, trainers, instructors, tutors etc. As consultant I can say it is also useful for me. Instead of sharing files by email or other methods with you colleagues and your auditions this platform would be the best option.

What do you dislike?

Before latest update there are not copying feature for every group member and this was problem. But right now after update there is nothing major issue or error in Edmodo.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is best online classroom in market. It is free, design is excellent and features are very useful. Use it and you will see results immediately.

We are taking so much seminars and trainings for month or several weeks. And I find Edmodo the best solution for keep in touch with my audience and so on. Real time feedback and grading features are absolutely amazing. It is also free to use software

Edmodo review by Toni M.
Toni M.

"LMS With a Social Media Feel"

What do you like best?

Edmodo is an easy to use LMS that allows for communication between parents, teachers, and students. The program allows teachers to upload files, send messages, and assign work to students. It has the look and feel of a social media site, such as Facebook and is really easy to use. Kids really enjoy using it because of its resemblance to other websites they have used. It's also a great way for students to collaborate and discuss with one another outside of the classroom.

What do you dislike?

There is a lack of ability to set weighted grades and it is impossible for parents to engage in a two way conversation with the teacher.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make the switch! It's a great product.

This program is used as a way to communicate with students outside of the classroom. It serves as a written reminder to students of upcoming assessments and assignments and allows students who miss class to easily get caught up on missed work.

Edmodo review by Killian P.
Killian P.

"It worked well, but it seems unnecessary now."

What do you like best?

I was able to give quick quizzes in class. It eliminated the cost of Scantrons for our 7th and 8th vocabulary program.

What do you dislike?

It was another log-in for kids to keep up with all the time. Some of the add-ons had issues. The feed wasn't terribly helpful, and I got one of those little notification bubbles every time a kid finished an assignment.

It was very helpful with that Scantron cost, but I was pleased when they integrated what we were using it for into our school platform. That's much simpler!

Edmodo review by Karissa D.
Karissa D.

"Great Communication Platform for Teachers! "

What do you like best?

Edmodo is great for me because I teach English to students in 5 different classes who are all in immersion programs learning in different target languages. With so many classes it can be easy for me to get mixed up about who has received assignment instructions, which class' planners I have checked, etc. I also face different linguistic difficulties with my students depending on which target language they are learning, so I often tailor my lessons to each specific class depending on their areas of need. Edmond allows me to have a separate group for each class, so I can make sure that each group of students is getting all of the information they need. The students like it because it's like Facebook, and they enjoy that format.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to make Edmodo friendlier for younger students. My 3rd graders love it, but 1st graders have a hard time engaging with the platform independently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In my experience, Edmodo is most effective when used with students who are a little older (3rd grade or above) and who are able to use technology independently.

Edmond has helped to improve my organization and my communication with my students. They can reach out to me with a question easily and can also communicate with each other regarding projects, etc.

Edmodo review by Matthew J.
Matthew J.

"Classroom Science teacher looking for classroom organization"

What do you like best?

I like the ease and ability to set up all students in the same topic with the same info and assignments and the then ability to subdivide them into classroom groups as well as the ease of maneuverability between the classes

What do you dislike?

Not a lot of freedom of creativity ... very regimented and the presentation is rigid. Does not allow you yo taylor subgroup within a master group to differentiate and orginality

Recommendations to others considering the product

make sure you have information for students to sign in ... when students don't do the free registration, they miss out on your postings. I use this as an assignment in the beginning of the year so the entire class is connected

ease of uploading and setting up classes within a topic was great - just need to have more flexibility in the presentation and outlay

Edmodo review by Marcelo d.
Marcelo d.

"Excellent solution for courses"

What do you like best?

Edmodo is a very powerful way to organize courses and connect to students. It is useful to purely online courses and as online meeting point to regular classrooms. It features quizzes in many formats and manages the answers for each student. Additionally, it has many features typical of social networks, making easier to keep contact with students and, more important, to allow students to connect between themselves and work together in assignments.

What do you dislike?

The interface can look a bit dry for the beginner. If it helps to keep things focused, it could make difficult for some people to realize Edmodo's potential just by looking at the starting options. I think that providing some kind of visual customization for each class would improve the use of the site.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Edmodo really helps teachers and schools, be it exclusively online courses or classroom courses.

In addition to testing Edmodo with my students, we are testing it as main hub for the activities of a health research group. Even with other solutions specifically tailored for team management available, we found that Edmodo fits the job nicely, which confirms its flexibility and power.

Edmodo review by elaine W.
elaine W.

"Edmodo is like Facebok for education!"

What do you like best?

Edmodo is fun because it is set up like Facebook with a newsfeed for students. Students like it because it feels like something they are used to-Facebook- but it actually is a way to give them lesson information and important handouts from classes. I also like that students get notifications for things that I post. There is also a messaging capability so that students can query teachers regarding classroom content. Lastly, I like that I am able to approve students' comments prior to their posting.

What do you dislike?

The issue is that there is no way to organize the information that teachers post so that student can find it in an easy and logical way. I would recommend that Edmodo find a way to organize teacher posts. I also dislike that Edmodo doesn't have a gradebook for teachers to use for grading student assignments on Edmodo.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say that it is convenient to use if you plan on not overly relying on this to disseminate information to students.

I am not a business person, so I don't think that this question is applicable to me.

Edmodo review by Rauf M.
Rauf M.

"Everything in one place!"

What do you like best?

Edmodo is already took the lead among the online classrooms with its awesome design and features. And also it is free and everyone who needs this kind of system can use it easily for sharing their files with their audience. It is really useful for trainers, teachers and all kind of instructors.

What do you dislike?

The only bad thing is customer support. I think they have to take care of that problem. I have to say customer service is not the extremely bad, but it can be better than that)

Recommendations to others considering the product

İ strongly recommend Edmodo, use it and you will immediately see how easy it is. Thank you)

Though i am not the teacher, but I use Edmodo for train our staff and also other students and teachers in several subjects. And in my opinion Edmodo is the best in its market.

Edmodo review by Cristina G.
Cristina G.

"Using Edmodo in the classroom as management"

What do you like best?

The site is best for classroom management and communication with students outside of the actual classroom realm.

What do you dislike?

I almost preferred Google Classroom for a time, but with the update, it seems as if file sharing and uploading is much more viable option.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Evaluate your communication needs and how you would like to manage students. Edmodo may be the right site for you.

We previously had issues with dealing with communicating with our middle school students outside of the classroom-posting homework, creating assignments online-but with this, it allows for much more collaboration.

"Kid-Friendly, Facebook-Like Program"

What do you like best?

Kids are so excited about it because it's like Facebook. I am excited about it because it's safer than Facebook.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much that I don't like, but a glitch I noticed was that even when I turned on the setting that is supposed to keep the kids from posting before I see it, they were still able to do it. I would like to be able to ensure that I edit the posts before they happen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely one of the easiest tools to use in order to integrate technology into your classroom. The kids love it and truly enjoy being engaged during class and even at home. I'm assuming that all schools would have to send home a form in order for students to be allowed to join since it is technically a type of social media. Simple enough to do, and once parents see that multiple classrooms are using it, they more often than not agree to it. I would say it is appropriate for Grades 5 and up.

I use Edmodo for an easy way to integrate technology into my classroom. The polls and quizzes are super easy to set up, and it keeps kids engaged and active in the learning process.

Administrator in Education Management

"Edmodo: Facebook/Twitter for Education"

What do you like best?

I love being able to connect with students and teachers and have read receipts for all of it at my fingertips. I enjoy the fast paced, easy to use software and the phone application continues to improve. It is a way of using social media without going the Facebook route and running into privacy or legal issues when working with minors.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the technology was months or even years behind the available formats when posting videos, links, photos etc. Occasionally students complain their files / assignments were lost, or that their comments wouldn't post under the discussion area. The phone application was slow to load and had issues uploading.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Edmodo is a great alternative to using "real" social media in the classroom. It is helpful and easy to use for students and parents alike. Parents can look at the application and see exactly what the assignments and requirements are for the day, week, and month in the classroom.

Benefits? Students feel like they can connect with their teacher, and vice versa. Business problems solved? Easy to use, quick to add new assignments, saves work to use in the future, etc.

"Novice Edmodo"

What do you like best?

I like that Edmodo is easy to access. My school district uses it often to post files and other materials on to share throughout the district.

What do you dislike?

As a newcomer in the game since the district initially started using it, I found it not as practical as I would have liked. I am sure that if I spent more time on it I would learn more, but with the tools that other software suites offer, I use Edmodo less and less.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have found that other applications are more user friendly and interconnected then Edmodo.

Connections between all aspects of teaching: e-mail, grades, assignments, lessons, cloud space.

Edmodo review by Valeria P.
Valeria P.

"A Different Way to Learn"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Edmodo is that you can organize everything you want in an easy way and it isn't difficult to use.

What do you dislike?

There are some things that need improvements and somethings those things can cause misunderstandings in the relationship teacher-student.

When it is impossible to have an on-site class, we can always use edmodo. Students are more motivated to study with technology because it is a different way of learning.

Administrator in Education Management

"Like Facebook for your class"

What do you like best?

I like that you can write a post like on facebook and your “friends” -who are your students- are able to like and comment on the post which can be about homework, a reminder for a project, general annoucements, and also whenever you post, they get a notification on their cell/tablet

What do you dislike?

There is no negative comment about this application. It is almost like a Mio/Omnivox (what they use in cegeps) which serves to prepare them for cegeps.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simplifies the teaching life!!

No particular problems. I just wish that more highschools encourage teachers to use it.

Edmodo review by User in Higher Education

"Seamless integration of learning and accountability."

What do you like best?

I like their grouping feature that let's you bring all the students and related teachers together. I don't have to send messages and announcements individually. It really helps in the workplace to get a seamless communication going.

What do you dislike?

I don't like their security features too much. Some of my students had a bad experience with their accounts having unwanted posts posted from them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say yes. Use it for all your e-learning uses. The website is being updated with new features every now and then. It's headed in the right direction. I personally use it because of its discussion features.

Education, learning, quizzing, discussions, attendance

Edmodo review by Rebecca R.
Rebecca R.

"Good Resource for Teachers"

What do you like best?

My school uses Edmodo in addition to other teaching software and it has been an easy way for students, teachers, and parents to stay involved and up to date. What differentiates it from other software is that it serves as a planner and tracker for students; they can add assignments to their calendar, plan for upcoming due dates, and keep a "backpack" of documents and files.

What do you dislike?

Some features are overly complicated. Students can earn "badges," which are really irrelevant to the classroom, and the ability to view other student's profiles is an unnecessary distraction.

Students have a hard time staying organized and edmodo allows them to have one main way to stay on top of their assignments, due dates, and files. Parents also seem to use it more than other classroom software, so the interface is clearly easy to engage with for them.

Edmodo review by Sheri D.
Sheri D.

"EDmodo"

What do you like best?

Access, layout familiar and similar to facebook made it good for students.

What do you dislike?

Students do not use facebook anymore so it seems out of date now:(

Recommendations to others considering the product

students in elementary like it, middle and high not so much, platform is "facebook" like and outdated for them.

students have access to classroom outside of the physical school. Familiar with communication style (blog/board type posts)

"Easy to understand"

What do you like best?

How it links social media outputs to an easy to use format. This makes it easy for students and teachers to use.

What do you dislike?

I cannot seem to link more than one email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Offer open courses for teachers to take courses from other teachers other than the district. We need more format examples from good to great. It being implemented in elementary school settings a live video chat in real time would be helpful. Live streaming would be beneficial for students who need the face to face connection.

I can't search up other edmodo teachers offering free courses

Edmodo review by Dominique B.
Dominique B.

"Making connections with coworkers, students, and parents"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to stay connected to coworkers, students, and parents without them having all of your personal information. You can share pictures. The framework is similar to Facebook interface.

What do you dislike?

The generalizations of descriptions for educators.

Business problems that are being solved with Edmodo would be communication. The communication is increased.

User in Education Management

"Edmodo: User-Friendly Educational Platform"

What do you like best?

I like the organization of the site; you can create groups and join groups, which are essentially like folders, to keep subject areas nice and organized. The interface is very similar to Facebook, so it makes it user friendly for the general population. I also like the connections that can be made on the app.

What do you dislike?

If I had to choose something, I would say that I don't like the fact there are advertisements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Edmodo is a great resource to use when looking for a user friendly platform that will promote and enhance collaborating in the workplace.

Edmodo offers a great platform for collaborating. I love that when I hop on, I can always find a new post with a resource that will benefit me in my teaching.

Edmodo review by Isabella G.
Isabella G.

"Edmodo-great for interacting with students outside of school"

What do you like best?

Great way to remind the students of upcoming assignments and tests via social media meaning students can be reminded while they are outside of school

What do you dislike?

Teacher just needs to remember to keep up with it in order for students to keep up with it as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for upper elementary and up

It's not appropriate to communicate with students via Facebook or Instagram, but students are constantly using social media. Edmodo is a solution to this problem because it is still a form of social media that teachers and students can communicate with.

Edmodo review by Ariana J.
Ariana J.

"Great inclusive app for teachers"

What do you like best?

This app is good for an older classroom. It is a great way to keep parents up to date on what is happening in the classroom, what homework and assignments there are, etc. It creates more visibility of the classroom. Great teacher resources as well, to give creative ideas on presenting different topics. I also like the interactive aspects with the students. Very inclusive app, lots of things in one place and generally pretty user friendly.

What do you dislike?

Would be better to have a chat function with parents. Some bugs will probably be fixed as time goes on and more users experience the app. There is less power of expression (in profiles) which would be nice for younger students. Clean up the layout to make it a bit more organized and less distracting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good and inclusive tool for teachers.

Classroom interactions with parents.

Edmodo review by Ellen K.
Ellen K.

"Edmodo Review"

What do you like best?

Edmodo is an excellent resource for both the teaching and learning community. It's as good as its users and the content provided so you can make it as remarkable as you'd like it. It can be easily customized to fit your needs, whether it be gaining teaching resources and curriculum or sharing materials and tools with your students. Great, secure digital community!

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything I dislike about Edmodo.

Recommendations to others considering the product

See if your county or department has an EdModo page that they are actively using to recommend lesssons, pacing, resources, etc. If you don't find any valuable resources/communities/groups, consider starting one yourself and sharing it with colleagues. Starting a student group is a great tool, too!

It's been a great tool for sharing information securely with students. Once students have entered the password to join my Edmodo group,I haven't had to worry about whether or not they have permission to access the materials there because everything I've found on Edmodo is student-friendly.

Edmodo review by Renee O.
Renee O.

"Edmodo is Everything! "

What do you like best?

As a middle school teacher, I like that my students like the interface and find it easy to use. My students feel I am communicating with them in a way that they relate to and understand; edmodo has a social network feel too it. Some may worry that with social network appearance, it would lack the controls or management tools necessary to be a strong management system; that simply is not true. Students can comment on posts and see others which is important in discussions, but students cannot just send messages to other students. The teacher maintains control. A teacher can allow other teachers in as co teachers; this is a great feature for aides, student teachers, co teachers, and learning support. I love that I can communicate, organize, create small groups, create, assign, and grade quizzes within edmodo, create resources and folders for classes, assign and check homework within edmodo, send out quick reminders, utilize apps or tools that are connected to edmodo (Zaption, edpuzzle, etc.), and so much more. In addition, to all of the wonderful classroom aspects, I can connect with other educators, participate in discussions, get ideas and participate in professional development opportunities- all through edmodo. If all this greatness is not enough, edmodo is continue to change, evolve, listen and improve. I like the edition of Snapshot and keeping a free component of it. I like the blog and the openness to have users be involved in sharing. I enjoy participating in the annual edmodoCon, and I know if I have a question or problem - not only will it be answered/addressed; it will be done quickly. All for the cost of .... nothing. Edmond is FREE! Of course, there are apps you can pay for on edmodo, a version of Snapshot for a fee- most tools have a pay version, but you get so much for FREE.

What do you dislike?

The Snapshot feature is great; I wish that the tracking and report component in the pay version were available for free, but I understand that not everything can be free.

As a classroom teacher, edmodo allows me to communicate, administer, evaluate, and collaborate all in one place!

Edmodo review by Kristen B.
Kristen B.

"Simple and easy to use - great to elementary aged students"

What do you like best?

Ease of usability for younger students

Fosters collaboration and communication (small groups - dialogues on wall)

Library storage

Sharing materials with other colleagues

What do you dislike?

-Badges seem pretty useless (just like a feather in your cap) - perhaps they could earn you something more tangible.

-Would be nice to have a messaging app on there to communication more quickly with students or colleagues

-Sometimes my notification icon gets stuck and even when I click it/ view the actual notification, it stays up for weeks/months for an outdated notification.

Recommendations to others considering the product

-Utilize small groups for grouping students by interest/ level/ group

-Before allowing your students to use it, go over "Edmodo Norms" so they understand it's for school use only

-Use the library feature to store your favorite links - you can move them over to each new class year after year.

Communicating and collaborating -- teacher to student, student to student, even at the elementary age communication teacher-parent (they are able to see and experience what students are doing

Sharing of materials with colleagues

Introducing students to technology at at a young age.

Edmodo review by Ramin S.
Ramin S.

"Edmodo is best"

What do you like best?

Edmodo is very useful for teachers and trainers, there is wide range of features for using them in your teaching methods. It is very easy to use and free. As a instructor I would recommend Edmodo to everyone, there are no any rival for Edmodo in its field

What do you dislike?

I think they have to bring some extra tools

Actually, am a trainer and our company use this software for several things

Edmodo review by Becky F.
Becky F.

"Edmodo- A fantastic online tool to keep your students engaged!"

What do you like best?

My favorite part of Edmodo is the ease of communication between school and home. It is set up like a social networking site, allowing students to collaborate on projects or ask questions while working together. As a teacher, I can see their thought processes as they read a book, research a topic, or create a presentation. It is nice to save documents on the site that my students often need, such as certain anchor charts, reading logs, or school forms. I am also able to create a quiz or an assignment, or even take a poll of my students all online. This is truly a very useful product!

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about this product. I should note that it does take a little time to teach the students how to use the program appropriately, but after they learn how to use it, they love being able to collaborate with fellow students online.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a wonderful product to use in your classroom. It's easy to set up and your students will love it!

I have noticed that my students are much more eager to read books and complete assignments when they are commenting about them in EdModo. This product makes them feel like their work and their thoughts are important because they are a contributing member of the classroom community. It is also a great way for parents to be involved in their child's learning.

Edmodo review by Alejandro M.
Alejandro M.

"The best educational Social Netwrok"

What do you like best?

All the free tools it has.

The User interface is excellent.

Its very friendly

What do you dislike?

As an administrator of the "School"... there is a little bit of confusion giving every teacher a code, if its new for them, they will have to get used to it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's free, very user-friendly, very intuitive. its awesome.

Continuing Medical Education.

Edmodo review by Frank C.
Frank C.

"Useful Tool"

What do you like best?

As a quick communication and reminder tool with universal web access, it is a great way to make sure absent and/or disorganized students have a record of assignments and activities from class. Group features and internal apps are not robust, but for quick/short updates it is reasonably effective and convenient.

What do you dislike?

One of my biggest frustrations with Edmodo is that the assignment feature does not consistently register the correct time that posts were made, which creates unnecessary disputes when students submit work that appears "late." The other, perhaps more tedious issue, also with the built-in assignment feature, is that when students re-submit work that they have made changes or updates to, or when they turn in work late, there is no flag or change in the look of the student names in the sidebar list that would alert teachers that students have made changes. This requires that you frequently click on every student in each class to check to see if they have made updates. This should be a simple fix, such as whenever a student posts ANYTHING to a listed assignment, the color of their name reverts to the original "ungraded" color in the list.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your class to a computer lab if you do not have a 1-to-1 computing environment, and have them all sign up for their accounts and log into your specific class group with you present to make sure they all do it correctly. Do not leave this as an independent responsibility for students to do outside of class. While it is easy, and they should be able to do it without assistance, kids are kids, and if you leave it up to them, you will be getting individual access code requests for weeks!

My school district has a unique partnership with Edmodo, as it is the first school district in the world to have its own top-level Edmodo domain. I believe we are the pilot district for Edmodo, and our district's director of technology who was influential in creating the partnership was recently hired away by Edmodo. I like the closed environment Edmodo provides for communication: less cumbersome than mass emails, and good for leaving a running record of assignments and responses. In many ways it is most useful to parents of disorganized or inattentive students, so that they have a way to keep track of the work they are missing without having to email the teacher frequently.

Edmodo review by Jennifer G.
Jennifer G.

"Edmodo makes it easy to facilitate student learning."

What do you like best?

I have recommended Edmodo to colleagues and have given 2 informal workshops on how to use Edmodo. I like the format and the ease of use the best, as students are familiar with how to post and find and submit assignments and tests. I also like the backpack feature, so that students can place important documents, notes, and videos for future reference.

What do you dislike?

I would like the mobile App to be more user-friendly. Most of my students have smartphones but have found it difficult to produce the same results with the mobile app as they have with the desktop version. They were not able to access certain documents or videos as well as not being able to complete assignments or tests and see their results.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend any elementary and middle school teacher to use Edmodo. Students can use the software easily and they are able to empower themselves with 21st century learning techniques. Teachers can easily and effectively maintain student growth objectives by viewing student profiles and viewing data of student performance. Students are able to keep important information such as notes and videos within their backpack, which they can use for later reference. Teachers also have a similar function where they are able to keep all of their assignments and videos in a central location, the library, for future use. Edmodo also makes it easy to change assignments, reassign work, and keep track of student performance. I would recommend this learning management service to any teacher who wishes to incorporate technology and participatory learning within his or her classroom.

I love that students are able to see the results of their assignments instantaneously. They can also communicate with each other and facilitate their own learning. Students and parents can watch videos I upload which go over class notes for extra practice at home. In this way they are very connected and their participation and understanding has increased immensly.

Edmodo review by Heather L.
Heather L.

"A Tool Both Teachers and Students Love"

What do you like best?

Edmodo has the look and feel of a social media site, with the capability of a full scale LMS. Edmodo also has a great help forum and great customer service. I am also in love with the Snapshot tool.

What do you dislike?

I'm not sure there is anything I dislike about Edmodo. Edmodo has made some significant improvements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Edmodo is a great tool for a blended or fully online course. Edmodo is always adding more features and they have great customer support.

Edmodo solved the issue of sharing materials with students online and collecting student work. Edmodo also makes it easy to administer surveys, hold virtual discussions, and correct quizzes. The Snapshot tool is their latest addition and is invaluable.

Edmodo review by Meredith C.
Meredith C.

"Edmodo"

What do you like best?

I love that Edmodo makes it easy for my students to communicate with me. Some of them do not have email addresses, or cannot remember my email, and Edmodo makes it easy for them to send a message to ask about homework or getting extra help.

What do you dislike?

I love Edmodo quizzes, but they are not the most user friendly. I would like to be able to share quizzes with my colleagues, and Edmodo does not allow you to do that. I also wish there was a way to import a multiple choice quiz from Microsoft Word or a Google doc to save time in typing quizzes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for classroom communication!

I'm not sure what this question means, I am not a business, I am a teacher in a school. The benefits of using edmodo are that students can easily communicate with me and their peers. They can also see their scores immediately after taking each quiz.

Edmodo review by Melinda B.
Melinda B.

"Using Edmodo to engage students in learning"

What do you like best?

I like being able to upload documents, pictures, web links and assignments in one place. I also like being able to communicate effectively with students.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see the running list of posts improved. When students need to find a previous post they have to scroll down to find the post. That's fine if it was just from a few days before, but if it was from a few months before it takes quite a bit of time to find the particular post.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get the students engaged early using Edmodo so that they will be in the habit of checking Edmodo for assignments and study materials. Edmodo is a super tool only if students engage.

One problem that I have is when students are absent and they do not get their make up work in a timely manner. Edmodo eliminates that problem by allowing me to post assignments ahead of time and if I make changes I can send the new information to the absent student so they can be prepared for our next class.

Edmodo review by Mark V.
Mark V.

"The students love it!"

What do you like best?

Edmodo is such a great way to stay connected with my class and for them to connect with each other. Great way to introduce them to social media. I can easily and quickly leave feedback on assignments.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is difficult for students to upload work from their iPads.

I have found that the students are more engaged in the content displayed. Edmodo easily lets them comment back and fourth and have a conversation about the topic. I have found that even the quiet ones in class will participate much more.

Edmodo review by Sarah C.
Sarah C.

"Simple and free classroom management system"

What do you like best?

I like the community engagement capabilities, such as seeing other teachers' work and resources, being able to ask and answer questions.

What do you dislike?

It is a bit crowded for my taste, has a bit too much going on, and can seem overwhelming when you first log in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would test out a few management systems from the teacher and student side, or consider using only for resources.

I have used it for a class I took and one I taught, ultimately using it as a discussion board.

Edmodo review by Mark P.
Mark P.

"Good way to connect and keep track of your classes with your kids"

What do you like best?

I like that I can set up each class separately and it keep track of communication easily.

What do you dislike?

It's not as user friendly that it could be. If you have lots of classes on it you can get lost in trying to switch back and forth.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Edmodo does the job and is a great way to upload class materials.

The benefit is that it is an easy way for kids to be able to communicate and get resources.

Edmodo review by Justin S.
Justin S.

"Communicate with colleagues "

What do you like best?

- Administrators can limit participants

- I can receive quick response time to "burning questions"

What do you dislike?

The format feels outdated and clunky.

Sometimes it's not intuitive

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be aware it's clunky and that that there are more modern choices out there.

I am using Edmodo to communicate with other educators as part of the Wonder League Robotics Competitions as well as other Gifted Teachers. We are able to share files and best practices across various districts.

Edmodo review by Rahman B.
Rahman B.

"Best online teaching platform"

What do you like best?

Edmodo is best in its field. It is free and so simple to use. Features are just amazing. It also offers collaborating with Google Drive. And other features, like real-time feedback, grading system and etc. are works perfectly.

What do you dislike?

Actually there are not any cons about this software. Before latest update there are not 'make a copy for each student. And with this they bring more features to Edmodo. Like that.

It is free, no adds and it is safe for the kids and the teachers.

Edmodo review by Shaun L.
Shaun L.

"Technology Integration Specialist"

What do you like best?

Edmodo can be thought of as a very controlled, closed Facebook (microblogger) for your classroom or classrooms. It can be used as a central hub to direct students to areas of the web, a place to collect thoughts, or to create quizzes and assignments. Students cannot send messages to each other, only to the teacher and class. The teacher can create posts for student to respond to, and choose to moderate all responses if needed. Teachers can create quizzes for students with all of the standard options that you would typically use on something like a unit test (constructed response, multiple choice, matching, true or false, fill in the blank, and short short answer). Anonymous polls can be assigned to get a class pulse on a certain type of problem or to have students think deeper about content. Assignments can be created, due date set, and any necessary files can be uploaded. Students can upload their files to turn the assignment in. Assignments can be viewed from the teacher and commented on within the document itself or as a response.

What do you dislike?

Notifications for post moderations can be wonky.

Edmodo doesn’t yet delineate what post is being approved for what. If you have multiple threads going on in one class, the teacher cannot tell which post the comment they want to approve is under. Eventually posts will get buried.

The Android app has limited features. This is the only Edmodo app I’ve been able to test.

Pictures cannot yet be inserted into quizzes.

It seems can be difficult for students to see how to access comments on assignments that were embedded directly into a document.

Competitor Schoolology has some features that Edmodo lacks, including better organized discussions and the ability to insert photos into quizzes.

Edmodo is a useful learning management system (LMS) and can streamline classroom workflow.

Edmodo review by Shawn G.
Shawn G.

"Band Director's Review of EdModo"

What do you like best?

I like the interaction with my students, and the platform to include so many lessons that I would like to teach, but don't always have time due to rehearsing. I put up listening examples, music theory questions, and other assignments to help my kids' musicianship improve.

What do you dislike?

There wasn't a direct link to my school's gradebook, so I would have to constantly flip back and forth between the two websites. Also, videos were very cumbersome to load on EdModo.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I enjoyed the use of the product, and probably still would be using it. However, our school district has required us to implement Google Classroom.

I was attempting to solve the problem of my amount of class time. I needed to rehearse my music for concerts, and also give students the skills they needed. But, I needed some examples of assignments. Also, I wanted to include other aspects of music education that the kids need. The benefits are more interaction with the students (at least, those who completed the assignments). Additionally, the students who completed the assignments had their musical education broadened.

Edmodo review by Theresa R.
Theresa R.

"EdModo is an excellent platform to use in the 21st Century technology driven classroom!"

What do you like best?

EdModo provides an opportunity to fully immerse your class in technology. This safe platform lets you and your students post, collaborate on, and annotate assignments, projects, quizzes, and other classroom work. Edmodo is perfect for a paperless classroom. Teachers can post assessments that are automatically graded. When students submit Google Docs, teachers can provide comments and annotations. A grade-book feature tracks all EdModo assignment scores and provides easy exporting to popular formats. I cannot express just how much EdModo has increased the collaborative nature of my classroom!

What do you dislike?

I really have no complaints whatsoever about EdModo.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You won't be disappointed!

I don't have a business as I am a middle school teacher. My "business" is my students.

Edmodo review by Kendra L.
Kendra L.

"EdModo- Every teacher should try it!"

What do you like best?

EdModo is a fun interactive website geared towards educators and students. When using EdModo you can communicate/ conferences with student, assess student’s knowledge, and teach the importance of technology while teaching basic skills. The best part of EdModo is absolutely the Snapshots. Snapshots are quick Math and English assessments that are standard based. Once the students are done with the assigned snapshot they press turn in and their results are seen instantly. It's a wonderful tool to see which topics you may need to re-teach with students.

What do you dislike?

EdModo is a great website. The only thing I don't like that much is the logistics concerning how my students signup for this program. There were multiple times where I had to reset passwords and usernames because my students forgot their information. These were the times I opted out of using EdModo for that day. It would be nice if the program was designed to set everyone’s password to combination of numbers for Ex: Birth date= 060388. That way they’ll still remember their information the following year

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give EdModo a try and you won't be disappointed!

I’m not solving any business problems, but I am using this tool as a resource to enhance learning. My students enjoyed using EdModo this year to communicate with me and to take assessments. Instead of seeing EdModo as another educational tool they perceived it as a fun website. It would be nice if EdModo had educational games also on the site.

User in Education Management

"It is a good platform, but needs upgrading"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the ease with which everyone can post to it, and have multiple groups that you are a part of. I also enjoy that it is far 'safer' platform for students to communicate in a way that is other than face-to-face.

What do you dislike?

I do not enjoy that no matter how fast an internet connection you have, it is quite slow in terms of switching pages or uploading files.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have parents also sign onto the account.

I have found it is an easy way for teachers to communicate with students, and allow the parents to know what is being communicated.

Edmodo review by Rebecca C.
Rebecca C.

"Edmodo is a great tool for the new digital curriculum in public schools."

What do you like best?

I like how teachers and students can communicate instantly. We can provide feedback or answer questions at the speed of click.

What do you dislike?

I do not like all the changes constantly to the software features. It can be annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to not do so many feature changes at once, especially during the school year. Work out the glitches sooner.

Grading and tracking assignments. Also important announcements reminders.

"Edmodo"

What do you like best?

Edmodo provides a place for online learning communities to congregate and collaborate. It makes online learning so much easier and organized!

What do you dislike?

Edmodo is a bit tricky to learn. It takes a while to get used to the layout and format and feel confident using it comfortably.

It allows businesses to provide a space for all resources and invite others to share and comment.

Edmodo review by Julie T.
Julie T.

"Edmodo used in elementary classroom"

What do you like best?

Edmodo does not require students to have an email to use the site. This makes it very easy to get young kids signed up and using it.

What do you dislike?

The feed page can get overwhelming and seem unorganized.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I love the ease of posting things to the edmodo site. The ability for students to connect it to their google drive accounts is a huge benefit. If you are considering beginning to blend instruction this is a great place to start.

The workflow in an elementary classroom can be overwhelming. Edmodo has allowed me to reduce paper use, keep track of student assignments and streamline resources for my students.

Edmodo review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"Connection between teachers and students"

What do you like best?

Edmodo is an easy-to-use platform that allows content sharing between teachers and students as a social network.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are mistakes when teachers qualify the assessments and it may affect your final work as a student.

We have been able to continue the evaluations and communication between students and teachers when classes are suspended.

Edmodo review by Amanda D.
Amanda D.

"Good but not irreplacable"

What do you like best?

The fact that students are already plugged in so it's meeting them where they are with the information and resources they need. I can post daily agendas, assignments, and resources and I can also share that information with their parents.

What do you dislike?

It isn't as user friendly as I would like in some ways and there are so many options for software out there doing the exact same thing. Sometimes it can be hard to locate information if you don't already have experience with an administrator's page. Also, the timeline feature has both pros and cons and for a classroom it isn't always ideal.

I'm a teacher so it helps me communicate information with students on a daily basis. Plus, I need a forum where I can communication information to parents about classroom expectations and assignments.

Edmodo review by Kristen V.
Kristen V.

"Review of Edmodo"

What do you like best?

I like that you can sort your students into multiple groups. And I love the feature of quizzes. I gave several quizzes via Edmodo and found it to be user friendly.

What do you dislike?

In giving the quizzes, I did not find a way to download the data to and excel file. That would have been helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try! I loved it!

It gave me another connection to my students. They were able to interact with me and their peers in another environment. I was also able to allow access to notes and other information.

Edmodo review by User

"Streamline My Class"

What do you like best?

Ability to upload all of the documents for my classroom instead of checking out textbooks & ability to communicate with my students.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, the students love that they constantly has access to their peers and work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Constant ability to communicate with students and parents. Very easy to use.

Documents can be submitttrd and graded online.

Edmodo review by Sonjanita L. M.
Sonjanita L. M.

"Useful, but under used"

What do you like best?

Ease of use

The fact that it looks like Facebook

Linked to other teachers

Various groups

What do you dislike?

That you can't adapt the layout/change it up more

Recommendations to others considering the product

REfine the app a little more

Make school district Edmodo look different from non-school Edmodo

I used it as part of a weekend education program/summer camp.

The fact that our program's Edmodo doesn't work when students try to login at school during the week (they can only login to school Edmodo but not HighJump's Edmodo).

It helped as a communication tool with students that we didn't see everyday.

Edmodo review by Administrator in Business Supplies and Equipment
Administrator in Business Supplies and Equipment

"Edmodo"

What do you like best?

Edmodo is a great resource and educational tool to use when creating an online classroom environment. Edmodo gives you many great capabilities such as the ability to give quizzes, question prompts and distribute assignments to all of your students online.

What do you dislike?

Edmodo is very similar to the google platform (google classroom). Edmodo does offer some unique capabilities but google classroom is very similar and allows for more simplicity in terms of already being connected to google from a student perspective.

I do not use this for business solutions.

"Edmodo is GREAT!"

What do you like best?

It’s easy to keep students engaged, involve parents, and connect with their peers across the district.

What do you dislike?

Setting up a class is a little more difficult than I would like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

New direct messaging for one on one conversations with students, parents and other teachers.

Getting parents involved has been easier when using edmodo

Edmodo review by Jennifer E.
Jennifer E.

What do you like best?

As a parent it allowed me to stay in the know of what assignments were coming up due, grades, and access to assignment details/downloads.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything that I disliked about this tool

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to login on a regular basis as teachers update it constantly.

Project management of my child's school work.

Edmodo review by Administrator

"Edmodo in the Classroom"

What do you like best?

I can use this in my classroom to give quizzes, take polls, and have a forum for a classroom discussion. The quizzes can be scored and placed into data tables, making grading easier and a check for student understanding much more efficient. I think this is easier to navigate than google classroom.

What do you dislike?

Edmodo cannot score opened ended questions for you on the quiz section, which makes scoring more tedious.

Students cannot send you completed assignments.

"Great educational tool"

What do you like best?

I made great use of the quiz feature. While I did not use this for formal quizzes in class, I used these as daily warm-ups. They were quick to design, self-grading, and gave me an instant snapshot of where my students were prior to beginning instruction.

What do you dislike?

There were several things that need improved with the product.

First of all, there needs to be a way to have an alert posted at the top of a group page. I would make periodic reminders of tests or due dates, but these were lost the feed. Therefore, students saw them and forgot about it or just did not see it due to the amount of posts in the feed.

Also, there needs to be a way to share quizzes between teachers. In my school, we worked collaboratively. I created warm-ups daily, and if any of my fellow teachers wanted to use it, they would need to print it out and enter it on their own.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is an evolving tool. As more and more school districts increase technology use in the classroom, this will continue to grow.

It is a great resource in a blended learning environment. I implemented it as the main means of online communication with my students.

Edmodo review by Kelly D.
Kelly D.

"Easy to use!"

What do you like best?

Simple and easy to use and easy for the students and parents to access.

What do you dislike?

Graded items don’t link directly with PowerSchool.

Students who are absent know what was done in class.

Edmodo review by Cindy M.
Cindy M.

"I love that edmodo is easy to use and modern."

What do you like best?

I like that the layout is similar to Facebook, it makes students want to check it (almost) as often as they do their actual Facebook.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the badge feature... I never really use it so it seems like an annoyance to me.

It's easy to post announcements on here for students to see. The polls we can make are also very helpful in getting student opinions.

Edmodo review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Students enjoy using Edmodo and it has so many useful features!"

What do you like best?

Edmodo is a helpful tool for communication. Students post and respond to one another or to the teacher. Edmodo allows me to post videos/websites, and students have on spot to easily access these websites. Students can watch instructional videos at home to help with homework. It is an engaging, quick check in for standards. Students enjoy these short quizzes as homework!

What do you dislike?

It is not categorized well. Posts just continue to post so its hard to find certain posts. It would be nice to have folders with responses for that topic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

n/a

It is helpful for data and intervening with students.

Edmodo review by Terry L.
Terry L.

"Review"

What do you like best?

Several staff members use it in their classes

What do you dislike?

I personally didn't it intuitive to navigate

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you know what you want to get out of it.

Helping kids apply technology in the class

Edmodo review by Hilary H.
Hilary H.

"Good online check for understanding"

What do you like best?

I like the online quiz option, and ability to send reminders to students.

What do you dislike?

The app has NO quiz functionality, which is the opposite of how it should be.

Ability to quickly grade formative assessments.

Administrator in Education Management

"EdModo: An incredible online social learning environment"

What do you like best?

Easy to use; intuitive. Students and teachers have a lot of fun using it!

What do you dislike?

I wish it had more and robust options for assessments and importing from test software, as well as for syncing with our SIS, PowerSchool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely try it! You won't be disappointed. I would suggest others play with Edmodo, Schoology, and Canvas to see which best works for you.

Our business problem is finding an online environment in which students and teachers can freely communicate, share/submit assignments, and find resources. I have found that Edmodo does all this and more!

Edmodo review by Misty W.
Misty W.

"Civics & Economics Teacher"

What do you like best?

Edmodo is easy to use and allows students to interact with me outside as well as inside of the classroom.

What do you dislike?

Students have expressed some difficulty logging on outside of school. It may be user error, but, it could also be periods of downtime for Edmodo.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a simple way to engage students in the learning process, Edmodo is the way to go.

Our school system uses Edmodo so students throughout the county can access a safe educational environment. Teachers can also share professional advice and resources.

"Easy Collaboration"

What do you like best?

Edmodo allows for colleagues to collaborate over long distances.

What do you dislike?

Looks too much like Facebook which creates a casual, not professional look

sharing documents, collaborating

Edmodo review by Andrew G.
Andrew G.

"Edmodo - out of date"

What do you like best?

I like the user interface of edmodo (Facebook-style)

What do you dislike?

Actual functionality and usefulness of the program isn’t too strong when compared with competitors.

N/A

"Great classroom tool"

What do you like best?

It's a virtual classroom that helps me to connect with my students even when we are outside of the classroom. I like that students can see their scores at all times to know where they stand as far as assignments, homework and quizzes.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that the app doesn't have the same features as the desktop site. Also the app has limited my students in turning in assignments multiple times throughout the school year.

Benefits are the same as the top first question.

It has allowed me to not take papers home and just have everything digitally.

It helps to collaborate with colleagues.

"Edmodo.com "

What do you like best?

I like how I can keep my students in the loop. I am able to upload lessons, assign quizzes, answer questions, and assign classwork as well as homework.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike this product at all. The only thing that I wish is that managing my library would be easier.

It solves the problem of communication between students and teachers after hours. A student can ask for clarification on a post and other students can see the question and responses from myself or their peers.

This software is used in school systems as a platform for communication.

Edmodo review by Jazzmine M.
Jazzmine M.

"A useful resource for parents, teachers, and students "

What do you like best?

I enjoy being able to access information that teachers post about upcoming professional developments.

What do you dislike?

I teach Kindergarten so having my students use Edmodo relies on parent involvement so for my grade level, it is difficult for the students to be in charge of accessing information.

I have not encountered any business problems thus far.