4.3 out of 5
Do you work for Edmodo?

Edmodo Reviews & Product Details

What is Edmodo?

Edmodo helps connect all learners with the people and resources needed to reach their full potential.

Edmodo Screenshots

Edmodo Reviews

1-50 of 119 total Edmodo reviews

Edmodo Reviews

1-50 of 119 total Edmodo reviews
Edmodo review by VERONICA R.
Maestro de escuela

"Motivate, study, integrate and develop your potential"

What do you like best?

This software is perfectly adapted to the accelerated learning environment that I want to share with all my students. I used the software for quite some time and made dynamic interactions for all my students of different levels of learning styles. I like the idea of ​​being able to provide all the learning materials that my students need wherever they are and at their own convenience. Edmodo is software that all teachers should try to experience the benefits of teaching easily with just touching the tip of the finger. As an educator, this software makes a great revolution in how learning should be. This software offers comfort, flexibility and precision. In general, the characteristics that I like most about this software are that I can access the performance of each student and I can give immediate evaluations and comments.

What do you dislike?

From my experience, I think that generally a point against this platform does not have a chat window, that is, teachers and students can not communicate quickly between them, it is necessary to send a message, it is not possible to visualize among the students that they are online or not, something that happens with other platforms similar to this, should be an improvement in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The experience I have had with edmodo has been quite good, it facilitates communication in a certain way, it is easy to make deliveries to the students of the school, the university, the graduate, among others. I like it but I think I should improve on some things.

Edmodo is a very simple and easy-to-use software. It allows a dynamic interaction between the teacher and the students, as well as stimulates the participation of the classroom in group discussions on topics for the subject.

It has everything that can be considered necessary to promote distance education, as well as electronic learning, because it allows you to share all kinds of files, either uploading them to the cloud, sharing a link or writing on the wall.

It also allows the teacher to attach all the files and documents necessary for the classes, so that students can access it at any time and in any place.

Last but not least, edmodo allows the teacher to take exams virtually, both with time limits and without time.

Edmodo review by MONSERRAT M.
Personal docente

"Excellent! very friendly and dynamic academic platform"

What do you like best?

I like edmodo its easy use could assign and schedule jobs to my students in a very simple way, in addition to advance contents of the next class. I have also implemented with this application the participation by points either to the best comment, to the most creative work, to the best one elaborated or to the one that has made the most effort; There are badges created by Edmodo and the teacher can create their own, personalizing them according to their taste and needs. EDMODO allows me the administration of the whole group which includes that I can configure multiple characteristics of the group, launch discussions, assign tasks to perform or even keep track of the progress of the classroom as a whole. And all through the screen.

What do you dislike?

As a teacher I do not find any flaw in this program. On the contrary, it is very good to achieve an excellent participation in my class.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Emodo is a very simple and easy-to-use software. It allows a dynamic interaction between the teacher and the students, as well as stimulates the participation of the classroom in group discussions on topics for the subject.

Edmono is for many the definitive tool that relates the students to the teacher and also to the parents. Not only is it free to try, it's also beautiful, complete, simple to use and tremendously powerful.

*Is free.

* Has a wide variety of languages

* It does not necessarily require the email of the students, which allows children under 13 to register.

* It is not open to the public since it does not allow entry to guests without registration.

* Provide an intuitive and friendly environment.

* Allows invite the relatives of the students to accompany the learning process.

* Emulates a distance class for students who can not attend a class in person for a certain period of time.

* Does not present improved payment options (Premium account)

* It is constantly improving.

* Administrators can whiten the key of the students of their group, in case of forgetting.

Edmodo review by Sakshi R.
Edmodo Review

"Mass Communication Made Easy!"

What do you like best?

Edmodo is a really great platform for mass messaging and sharing information. You can form your own committees and communicate messages which is really convenient and saves a lot of time. The committee and its messages stay private unless the person joins it using the group code so, it is totally safe and information is not leaked. People can communicate easily and you can join many committees at a time so you can come to know what is happening at different places and keep a track of things. It available in a website form as well as app form so it is even easy to check or send messages in Edmodo through mobiles.

What do you dislike?

There are no such issues with Edmodo but sometimes there might be a technical glitch which may delay the message you have to send.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Edmodo is an distinguished app for mass communication and saves a lot of time so, I totally recommend everybody to use Edmodo for rolling a message to many people in short span of time and also keeping track of what is happening in different committees.

The are no problems that I am currently facing with Edmodo and the benefits I have realised are that you can convey a message effortlessly and in no time. Secondly, I can join lot many groups and be updated with what is happening in that group. I can also send the same message to many groups at a time so it is really helpful and beneficial.

Edmodo review by Danube S.
Orientador profesional

"Virtual classroom."

What do you like best?

I like Edmodo because it is a very useful software in the educational field, also because it is very intuitive, which allows it to be very easy to use by both teachers and students and thus achieve take education beyond the classroom, and deepen the knowledge of our students outside of the usual class schedule.

What do you dislike?

The time I have been using Edmodo has worked very well, that's why I'm really satisfied with the service offered by this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As an active staff in the educational area I recommend Edmodo for being an updated software that seeks to improve the quality of education and take it to another level.

Edmodo benefits me because it allows me a direct connection with students outside school hours; where I can show important content on the family, social or vocational orientation of my apprentices as an extra curricular subject of great importance so that they can be inserted correctly in society, thanks to the guidance tools that I offer through this software .

Edmodo review by Berenice G.
profesora de castellano
(10,001+ employees)

"Platform of great help in the educational process."

What do you like best?

A few months ago I use this platform and I can say it has been satisfactory, since it has allowed me to be up to date with assignments and evaluations, I assign homework and sent through this network and then I receive it by this same means and I qualify. It is a space that allows me to communicate with my students and in addition to proposing tasks, activities, and managing them I can also share messages, files, links and work schedule. It has an interface similar to those of other social networks, which is easy and intuitive.

What do you dislike?

In the time that I have used it, it has been a great tool to carry the educational process, the only disadvantage is the need for a chat to interact instantly with the students and clarify any questions regarding the assignments or tasks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It represents a good option of distance class when the teacher or student can not be in the educational area for different reasons, allowing to keep up with the planning of the contents.

It is a free platform. Just register and send invitations to colleagues and students.

It is a private platform since only students, parents and registered or authorized teachers can access it.

This private platform represents a useful, motivating and innovative tool that facilitates learning and allows meeting the planned evaluations in the different subjects, since in it tasks and activities are formulated and then managed without the need to share the same space.

Edmodo review by Florene E.
Education Specialist
(10,001+ employees)

"Modern program for communicating with students"

What do you like best?

The Edmodo program is very user-friendly, it was created for the teachers and their students, so even children can easily figure out this application. It does not take me long to notify all the students about the upcoming changes in the swell, or future tests. Very often you have to discard text files, but as the program supports both Microsoft Office and Google Apps, it happens quickly and easily. Parents can easily track their child's progress and homework.

What do you dislike?

In a fairly long-term use, I have not yet found the minuses that severely hamper me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use and keeps under control all the students. The program allows to interest everyone in the learning process.

I use this program for communicating with students outside the class, I skip additional information, thanks to Edmodo, I can be sure that the students who missed the class can easily pull up the lost material.

Edmodo review by Weldon M.
Data Research Analyst

"An excellent tool for improving the level of education"

What do you like best?

Edmodo is a great way to connect with teachers, students and parents. Teachers can control who is a member of the groups. You can use it for communication, polling, quests, quizzes. Managing classes is much easier, and students can easily send teachers individual messages or materials. The price is also very good, compared to other programs of the same plan.

What do you dislike?

The only drawback of this application is the mandatory connection to the Internet. Most web applications require an Internet connection and you will not be able to use it without it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A good resource for teachers. It is very easy to understand and master. Easy to use. An ideal solution for students and their parents. Edmodo is an excellent technological tool for improving the level of students' learning in the classroom.

We communicate with students and parents, download activities. If students are absent from school, the teacher can download the activity that the student missed during their absence. I used the program during the training seminar, and I liked the result. Students communicate with their teacher if they have problems with assignments. In addition, parents can easily keep in touch with the teacher if they can not meet in person.

Edmodo review by Asia K.
Consumer Services

"For students, Teachers and Parents safe and reliable !"

What do you like best?

First of all Price of Edmodo is quite cheap when you compare other software. With Edmodo, Controlling the members of group and being in connection with students and their parents is great how Edmodo is working. you can give grades to students and give them quizzes to measure them If they are learning fast or not. I like the most Edmodo is really safe and reliable software. It is really easy to use Edmodo.

What do you dislike?

Mobile version of Edmodo is not effective and useful as much as website version. it has many bugs and sometimes I need to connect fast for urgent issue and it is really hard to log in with mobile version. it need to be improved more. expect for these problems I don not have any complain about Edmodo it is really safe and secure product for me I do not have any hesitation for this program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is great application for anyone giving courses to students or taking courses from teachers. I highly recommend for anyone who looks for safe and secure software like Edmodo.

I am working in complex company by travelling and after my work done in company I am logging in Edmodo and I give courses to my students about languages. For me this is really valuable and helpful product to use, thanks to Edmodo I can give my courses easily and keep in touch with my students parents.

Edmodo review by Susanne L.
Consumer Goods

"Edmodo for anyone working as a teacher, being students or for people having children !"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use for me and I am sure for everybody too, Specially, real-time feedback and communication tools are great. Also classroom organization and management for my student is perfect. I can give grades for my students and also comments for them to make them more successful. the most important thing is that Edmodo is really safe for kids.

What do you dislike?

I can say something about mobile version of Edmodo. I can not say it does not working, it works, but there is too many bugs. I am not using too much mobile version. Usually I am working with desktop-web version. But If they give attention mobile version, this would be nice. shortly mobile version should be improved more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can honestly highly recommend for anyone, If you are working as a teacher related job, then you have try it. It will make your job simple and more interesting.

I am working as marketing and advertisement in the global company. I also teaching to my students about English language I am giving courses And that means I am using Edmodo for my student and our staff members for classes. And I love it.

Edmodo review by Barbara J.
Consumer Goods

"Best one for students, teachers and parents."

What do you like best?

Edmodo is a great way to connect with teachers, students and stakeholders. Teachers can control who is a participant in groups and can control the content for each group, Edmodo can be used for communication, polling, assignments/quizzes etc. price is also good when you compare other software with Edmodo, it is like social networks.

What do you dislike?

There is no private connection with students because as a teacher sometimes we need to give some advice to our students as private way and also I can not see who is online or offline it would bee great to see them if they are online or not.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can recommend for students, teachers and parents as well. With Edmodo you can feel like you are in classroom.

I am working in a global company and also I am giving special course for students about English languages that is why I have been recommended Edmodo and I started to use it, it is great for me after work when I arrived home directly I can connect and I can start to give my course to students also I can connect with other teachers to share resources and ideas. I can reach long distance students with Edmodo easily.

Edmodo review by Betty Marilyn L.
Maestro

"Dynamic tool for a modern classroom"

What do you like best?

I love the amount of useful tools offered by this application, I can keep in touch with my students, assign tasks, schedule activities and manage the entire group of the class easily and without losing time. Its interface is very easy to use, it is FREE, it looks a bit like the social network platform Facebook, so it is even more surprising for the students, I also love that the application is aimed at people of many ages, because I can use it from my youngest students to the biggest ones and it's still just as good. In general it is an incredible application for teachers, very complete and adapted to various ages.

What do you dislike?

I have enough time using this application to say that it is incredible in every sense, easy to use, intuitive and with a great interface, so I have nothing negative to say about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Edmodo is an excellent way to improve the participation of students in class, in addition to facilitating and streamlining your work as a teacher, it is also an excellent option for long distance studies, in genarl I recommend to all my colleagues interested in improving the interaction in their class, they begin to use Edmodo, with this application will significantly improve school performance.

I improve the interaction in my classroom, now we have much better group communication, besides saving a lot of time and work, because I can assign and grade tasks through this platform.

Edmodo review by Ahmet Burak A.
International Relations
Higher Education

"Perfect software really. Here is Edmodo !"

What do you like best?

Ease of use for me and I am sure for everybody too, Specially, real-time feedback and communication tools are great. Also classroom organization and management for my student is perfect. I can give grades for my students and also comments for them to make them more successful. the most important thing is that Edmodo is really safe for kids.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is really slow and it is loading pages so late when I try to assignment.Also the thing what I really did not like is customer service, it really took too much time to get answer from them and I did not like it. I think also software should be improved for other languages support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are teacher I can recommend you to use Edmodo for your best training and also ıf you are student guardian, you should know that Edmodo exactly safe software for your kids. Also for students , If you want to learn by having fun you should start use Edmodo.

I am teaching English to my students and I am so far away from them but thanks to Edmodo we are like next to next and it is really amusing to learn something on the webside by using Edmodo for my student becasue They are still young ages and They are always playing with computers and smartphones , so Edmodo is the best way to teach something for these kind of youth.

Edmodo review by Shawnna C.
Education Coordinator

"Perfect information for all audience. "

What do you like best?

I found that software very helpful for me and consist a lot of information of useful knowledge. The best platform to build a big audience. To create and to set homework, easy to make appoint examination. Of course, all of this I can control in a very simple way.

What do you dislike?

Actually, I don't have any bad issue with this software. I will tell another side. I know that this platform very comfortable for parents. Being at work they can know which notes child has. What they did and should do. The good monitoring system in all information which you should tell your audience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

That software is powerful for all teacher and parents and students. Platform very useful. Very easy to find all information which you will need. Also, it is a big helper in teachers hands. Good organization at all steps. I recommend it to have.

We like to work with our audience. I like that they have all information in the right format. I'm glad that I have very good sharing system and with the easy way, I can open a subject and let see them information. Parents have the ability to know about notice and events and everything that is going on in the class.

Edmodo review by Katy F.
Social Media Marketing Coordinator
Consumer Electronics

"Used from middle all the way to high school"

What do you like best?

What I loved most about Edmodo was the 'Facebook' vibe it gave. It was also pretty private, so other students won't get distracted and misuse the app. The app and site was almost "fun"! It made schooling a little less stressful and accessible. Being able to work from home or study your teacher's content makes for best grades!

What do you dislike?

One thing I did dislike is the frequency of which the site was down or under construction. There were several times where fetching, uploading, saving, or keeping documents/content was difficult and sometimes the site would be down.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool is wonderful for anyone in school, no matter the age group or criteria. Can be used by professors and teachers as well as students or administrators. I would recommend everyone try Edmodo - there is a Mobile App as well as an online site.

When I was a student, the mobile app and site were very helpful and tools. You can upload assignments, create tests and quizzes, discuss topics, get in contact with teachers after hours, etc.

Edmodo review by Gore A.
Digital Instructor
Education Management

"Great place for teachers"

What do you like best?

Am digital instructor and since I started to use Edmodo I feel perfect. Because Edmodo gives you most powerful tools for e-classes. It's integrated direct to Google Drive, design is awesome. It is really wonderful for teachers, instructors, trainers and etc. If you are one of them you can use it as a paperless online classroom. If you are a student you can join its variety of free groups to learn whatever you want.

What do you dislike?

I will complain about mobile version of Edmodo. I can't say it does not working, it works, but there is too many bugs. Am not using too much, usually am working with desktop-web version. But If they give attention mobile version, this would be nice!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Edmodo is highly recommended platform for online classroom. If you are working as a teacher related job, then you have try it! It will make your job simple and more interesting.

Am working as a digital instructor in our educational course(Whiplash). And that means am using Edmodo for my student and our staff members for classes about digital resources and tools. And I love it.

Edmodo review by Malwina S.
Trainer
Education Management

"Edmodo leads you transfer to paperless mode."

What do you like best?

Edmodo is perfect online platform for education. As a trainer I can say that you can't find something like that. Edmodo provides great tools for teachers and people who need one space for collaborate with his/her audience. You can add other viewers, for example if you are working with minors you can add their parents to group. Online grading feature is perfect. And of course it's working with Google Drive and that means it does not require any downloads. Joining to any group is so simple, you can add new member by using their email or they individually join by using group code.

What do you dislike?

Am usually working with web version of Edmodo, but sometimes I need to check my stuff quickly, I mean with mobile version. But I don't like it so much, It is not working well as web version. I think they have to do some improvements on this side too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very simple to use, designed good, always working smoothly. And it has tons of awesome tools and different useful functions. Recommended.

Am a trainer and modern education system requires more mobility and flexibility. All of them is included to Edmodo, everything in one place. It helped me to transfer to paperless mode in my job.

Edmodo review by Micheal J.
Project Manager
Wireless

"Review for Edomodo"

What do you like best?

The best feature for me is its layout is so similar to popular social media websites like Facebook. It has a lot of tools for instructors who can easily make homework, digital books and videos available to a large number of students. it also allows us to distribute content in a huge variety of ways.

It also has a good discussion board which allows instructors and students to share ideas and opinions better.

What do you dislike?

Although this is not a lack in feature by Edomodo, it is just not very popular among the students for some reason. I have had issues with receiving notifications for this, but that is not much of a big issue. It is a wonderful tool!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has excellent features and is one of the best learning management systems available online.

I use this to share content with my colleagues and the students I visit when I visit my former college sometimes. It is easy to share content with them and this website provides great tools for easy communication.

Edmodo review by Ryan A.
Assistant Professor
Higher Education

"Edmodo is a great tool to keep parents informed of their student's school work"

What do you like best?

The clean appearance makes it easy for students and teachers to use in a blended classroom. It has the Facebook-type interface that most students are familiar with, and teachers familiar with technology can easily learn how to incorporate the product into instruction. I also liked the ability to control students' access to posting in the groups. I preferred the read-only option, as I used Edmodo as a means to convey information regarding the class.

What do you dislike?

There needs to be a way to have an alert posted at the top of a group page. I would make periodic reminders of tests or due dates, but these were lost the feed. Therefore, students saw them and forgot about it or just did not see it due to the amount of posts in the feed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is great because you can schedule assignments or assign a specific task to a specific student. Google Classroom has definitely made great strides in the past years

Edmodo has helped me manage my classroom online and made technology incorporation and implementation much easier for me. My biggest use of Edmodo for my classroom has been the testing capabilities.

Edmodo review by Lin N.
Event Marketing Manager
Gambling & Casinos

"Wonderful education program."

What do you like best?

With unlimited storage, I can faster build groups, appoint homework, plan quizzes, control progress, and much more. I know that with anything on one stage, this software is designed to give us complete monitoring over our audience.

What do you dislike?

I can't say something bad about that product as I like to use it very much. I see that it is very useful for my audience and of course for me as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software is really useful. That platform is a worldwide learning network. That will helps you to connect all apprentice with the people and resources needed to obtain their full potential. Very big helper for all of us.

Using this software, we easily search and open free and premium tools, games, and create an assembly of our loved resources. Also, we can upload, share, or sell our original training content.

Edmodo review by Mariela  P.
Traductor Freelance sin certificación
Translation and Localization

"Edmodo as an extra tool for teaching"

What do you like best?

The website is very user-friendly, the layout is simple but similar to the design of Social Networks such as Facebook, which allows users to be comfortable with it, since nowadays, most people have accounts on several social networks.

Edmodo has many tools for teachers and students, I created two profiles (teacher and student) to be able to explain my students how to use the website. Teachers can upload homework, handouts, digital books, pictures, videos, as well as sharing links from other websites and posting tests and polls. Tests can be uploaded so the students answer them at a specific moment, the duration can be also set and the corrections are done in the website. Which means that each student can receive personalized feedback and see the mistakes they made or wrong answers. Teachers are also able to connect with other teachers all over the world and to specific communities.

I've only used the website with adult students, so I didn't use things such as badges, due to their age and the context in which we were (Higher Education); however, it's a nice bonus to keep students motivated.

Students have the opportunity to keep all the material the teacher uploads available online and to do their homework and answer the tests from home, to see their progress (teacher's evaluation), to ask for doubts to the whole class or privately (via inbox) and that means they can learn, practice more, and help each other.

In my case, we didn't use Edmodo as a formal virtual classroom, but as a way of sharing content related to the subject and for my students to practice at home.

The website also has a separate tool: Edmodo Spotlight, in which teachers can share resources, such as exercises and courses for everyone with an Edmodo account; an it also offers free and paid apps for students to learn about different topics and for teachers to have a better virtual classroom according to students' needs and to keep growing and learning.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there's nothing I've disliked about the website so far. It's very complete and user-friendly. Yet, there's still a lot of things for me to discover at Edmodo.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With adult students, in my opinion, Edmodo allows them to take part of the learning process and share with their classmates and teacher all the opinions, suggestions, ideas, material and more on the website. As for younger students, I believe it would allow the teacher to share much more information with the students and their parents can also create an account, so everyone can be involved in the process.

The design of the website is very user-friendly, so it won't be too difficult to use.

I've used Edmodo since 2014; I started using it because there were political issues in my country which made difficult and sometimes impossible to go to the University and have the class. I sought for a tool that allowed me to teach, help and evaluate my students without compromising our safety, and I found it. After those political issues disappeared, I continued using Edmodo with other students, to share information, videos and to send them homework, so that our face-to-face classes could go on smoothly. I realized that, that extra time my students took to learn, practice and share doubts online with their own classmates and teacher, helped them improve their performance during the class. The whole teaching and learning process became more inclusive and dynamic.

Edmodo also allowed me to grow as a teacher, because I started going beyond the typical lesson planning and focusing on the needs and suggestions of my students.

Edmodo review by Kristan D.

"Good program -- several other options available, though"

What do you like best?

I like that it is a central app to communicate with your class and parents. It's common for parents to hear conflicting information between the student and the teacher, so it's especially helpful that, as a teacher, I can communicate with both of them concurrently so everyone receives the same message. I also like the badges so I can acknowledge good performance quickly with something that encourages the students to continue to do well. I also like the quiz functionality as it reduces the volume of paper assessments to grade.

What do you dislike?

There seems to be quite a few products that do this. Parents & students often complain that they have to monitor multiple applications, emails from students, and emails from the school to receive information. The consistent message is to have all communications from one source. As a math teacher, I wish there was functionality available for me to format my quiz questions using math symbols and layouts better. For example, other programs include a way for me to better present fractions, exponents, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Evaluate Edmodo with other products (Google Classroom, Class Dojo, etc) to see which works best for you, your students, and your parents. Choose one and streamline your communications.

I've saved money on paper as well as time dealing with printer problems as I can create, assign, and grade quizzes online with this system. This also helps me to communicate a consistent message to parents and students together. Also, more than one parent can sign up to receive notifications and information.

Edmodo review by Naomi R.
French Teacher
Primary/Secondary Education

"Edmodo is the best way for keeping in touch with my students"

What do you like best?

I love that I can easily upload any kind of document as well as use and schedule quizzes, send messages, and even create small groups for my students to talk to each other. My students have come to rely on Edmodo as their primary way to keep in touch with teachers and stay updated on what is going on in class. We can use the planner feature to schedule when assignments are due so students who are absent can figure out what was covered the day they were absent.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that even though I have my notifications turned on, I don't receive push notifications to my phone when a student has sent me a message.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Create a different group for each class you teach, even if you teach the same subject multiple times per day. This is helpful especially if one class has gotten ahead/behind the others, and it makes grading assignments submitted through Edmodo much easier. If all of your students are in the same group, it's more difficult to switch back and forth in your gradebook for different hours of the day. It's best if you can do one class at a time.

As a school, we have used the planner feature of Edmodo to create a group where we reserve shared spaces like our media center. This allows the whole staff to view the bookings at the same time while using a platform we all currently use.

Edmodo review by Maribel del Valle G.
Docente
Primary/Secondary Education

"I can follow class discussions from anywhere."

What do you like best?

Edmodo is the best application they have been able to create as a tool for teachers, it can even be used by parents, it has a space to manage messages, it has a notification button to be up to date with everyone. and I can continue reinforcing my classes from here.

What do you dislike?

It is compatible with both google and Microsoft accounts, so far I have not had anything negative with this application, I have it downloaded to my phone and it accompanies me wherever I go. It can also be used on the computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

All teachers must use this application is 100% practical.

I can continue to clarify the doubts that arise in my students once they arrive at their homes.

Edmodo review by Administrator

"Edmodo - Good but needs Work"

What do you like best?

Edmodo is easy to use, simple to understand and straightforward in its structure. It's design gives the impression of a classroom within a social median setting and provides a reliable method of interaction between teachers and students. Teachers can both send class materials easily and create quizzes to gauge the students understanding of topics learned, making it a good tool for classroom management.

What do you dislike?

It feels very outdated and when compared to other classroom management tools, such as Canvas, needs to catch-up with new innovations. Overall, it is a useful tool but should be upgraded to include features that can be integrated with social media platforms .

Recommendations to others considering the product

Edmodo is a good starting point and should definitely be considered if you are new to classroom management or e-learning tools.

E-learning, classroom management, quizzes and discussion.

Edmodo review by Danielle H.
ESOL Teacher
(5001-10,000 employees)

"EDMODO - Facebook for Educators"

What do you like best?

Edmodo has so many awesome features that are safe to be used with students. It is simplistic to manage classes, and students can easily send teachers individual messages about the content on the page or material in class.

What do you dislike?

The page is a little busy. Sometimes it can be a little much.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start small and then expand your page based on the needs of the learners. If you join too many communities, it will make your page busier. Also, clean out your page of communities that don't apply to you.

It acts as a safe webpage for teachers to write up assignments. Students can also have class discussions on the tool and submit work through the platform. Teachers can add other teachers to their pages to get innovative ideas they can use in their classrooms.

Edmodo review by Chang B.
Principal Manager
Primary/Secondary Education

"A great step to teach and of course to learn."

What do you like best?

I like to work with this software I like to fast make groups, set homework, assign quizzes and control progress. All of this I can do in one software.

What do you dislike?

I'm using that software and I can say that it's a great solution to control all work which you need to give to the audience. And it's great that parents can know about homework and events of their child has.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great resources for all teachers. Very easy to understand. Simple to use. The perfect solution for students and their parents. Big helper to all Teachers.

Helps to share with parents. Share classroom notice, events, set up reminders for them. Work with it more clear and open to everyone. Save more working time.

Edmodo review by John D.
Professor of English and Literature
Education Management

"Does what it says it will do, if students and parents participate"

What do you like best?

Very user-friendly dashboard and formatting; it is very much like social media sites students frequent.

What do you dislike?

Interest in using Edmodo wanes once the novelty wears off. It's hard to keep students and parents motivated toward it. High school students also see Edmodo as too babyish for their maturity level.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider your unique students before committing. There's a lot of front-end work that pays off for the rest of the year (entering student data, creating groups, etc.), but as education management software has evolved and continues to evolve over the years, students are increasingly simplifying, preferring reliable and often non-digital means of proving their mastery. Edmodo isn't for everybody, but those who love it, love it.

For students who have extended absences or for those who need at-home instruction, Edmodo provides a great tool. It's also a more high-tech way of assigning homework that fosters engagement in younger students, especially.

Edmodo review by Amanda G.
Computer Lab Specialist

"Edmodo"

What do you like best?

I like that you can upload lessons and activities. I also like that you can communicate with your students and their parents online. This is also great because the teacher can give assignments or tests to check the students' understanding of the lesson. Then the teacher can see what areas students need the most help.

What do you dislike?

As of right now, I like everything I have seen and used on Edmodo.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is great to use for communication with parents. Edmodo is a great technology tool to enhance what the students are learning in the classroom. The students can be given assignments to do online at home or at a library. Then the teacher can check their assignments and give them a grade for the assignment.

Teachers can communicate with students and parents. You can upload activities. If students are absent from school, the teacher can upload the activity the student missed during their absence. I used Edmodo during a teacher workshop and I enjoyed using it and seeing it from a student's perspective. Edmodo is beneficial to teachers, students, and parents. Teachers are able to further the lesson and activities when the students leave school in the afternoon. Students are able to communicate with their teacher if they have problems with the assignments. Also, parents can easily be in contact with the teacher if they are unable to meet with the teacher. Classwork can easily be uploaded to Edmodo so then the students aren't misplacing their classwork.

Edmodo review by Hank S.
Sales Manager

"Wonderful and simple organization tools."

What do you like best?

I'm glad that I have this software which helps me to concentrate on teaching, not paperwork as usually. It is the best way of making groups, appoints homework, and have a great control of progress. To have a digital classroom it is the best way to our future.

What do you dislike?

Thank God I don't have any big problems with this system. And doesn't make any harm to all education process. With set up, I don't have any delay. So the product is great working.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The most wonderful education platform for all. It is will be an easy way to find all information. The big opportunity to use that program for parents and teachers with really the power of help in the learning system. I really recommend it and guaranty that your learning process will be better.

We find the better educational information from all over the web. Using this software I can open powerful tools, apps, games, and make assembly of our loved resources. I have the ability to upload and share our pedagogical content.

Edmodo review by User in Higher Education

"Great for younger students or students familiar and comfortable with Facebook"

What do you like best?

Edmodo is friendly, approachable, and comfortable to navigate. It is an LMS created with social media platforms and K-12 teachers in mind. Sharing resources is simple and communication is emphasized as a priority (and therefore a breeze). Edmodo plays well with others, too, which is rare among tools in its class. Integration is supported for popular app providers like Google and Microsoft.

What do you dislike?

No LTI support, limited features, and simplistic grading and assessment tools make it frustrating to work with in adult education. I don't recommend this tool to university instructors or clients with more sophisticated adult training goals. Sponsored content is also an unwelcome interruption for some audiences.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider your students'/participants' needs carefully before choosing this platform. I also recommend creating an example course or student profile before making your final decision. This helped me see the value of the platform but also helped me realize that it wasn't the right tool for my needs.

Edmodo is an inexpensive and simple solution. It doesn't work for everyone, but it can be a great choice for the right users. This is a great way to bring technology into a traditional classroom, especially for younger students.

Edmodo review by Joshua C.
Junior Software Developer
Higher Education

"Learn by teaching more with EDMODO.COM"

What do you like best?

I like this web application because it has simple User Interface and hassle-free environment. Even kids can use this as a tool for their school as a part of learning opportunities or stepping stones in their digital learning.

What do you dislike?

The downside for this application is the internet connection. Most of web applications needs internet connection. You can't use this without it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can recommend this to all school or any small institutions like grade and high schools as making this a school application.

This application can solve student's performance monitoring. And can help save time in meeting them and their projects or school requirements can be paperless.

Edmodo review by Gabriela K.
Relation Coordinator
E-Learning

"Best online classroom service"

What do you like best?

They have perfect dashboard and homescreen to navigate and see everything on one place; Tools are great, especially real-time grading feature. Customer service is so helpful and responsive. They also have a mobile application for Android and IOS.

What do you dislike?

We didn't experienced any significant and big deal problems about Edmodo, it's great for trainers, instructors and teachers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended.

We are education company and we are using Edmodo for almost 2 and half years. It is excellent software and everything is working so smoothly. They have great integrations with Microsoft and Google and that makes it perfect.

Edmodo review by Ben W.
Fourth Grade Teacher
Education Management

"Easy to set up for digital classroom experience"

What do you like best?

The set up for digital classrooms with Edmodo are incredibly easy, as well as the ability to have students and co-teachers join the class. I can create assignments and quizzes all from one central location, but also have my google drive connected for additional collaboration.

What do you dislike?

The Edmodo experience is marred by ad-ware unless you upgrade. They should really look into investing methods to keep the classroom free of ads for student users.

I’m solving the need of trying to find easy to use methods for helping students use and discover research skills.

Edmodo review by Mahmud E.
Senior Consultant

"Online teaching platform"

What do you like best?

İn my country Edmodo is the most famous online classroom. And It is being used by teachers, trainers, instructors, tutors etc. As consultant I can say it is also useful for me. Instead of sharing files by email or other methods with you colleagues and your auditions this platform would be the best option.

What do you dislike?

Before latest update there are not copying feature for every group member and this was problem. But right now after update there is nothing major issue or error in Edmodo.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is best online classroom in market. It is free, design is excellent and features are very useful. Use it and you will see results immediately.

We are taking so much seminars and trainings for month or several weeks. And I find Edmodo the best solution for keep in touch with my audience and so on. Real time feedback and grading features are absolutely amazing. It is also free to use software

Edmodo review by Toni M.
Curriculum & Instruction Consultant for Social Studies
Education Management

"LMS With a Social Media Feel"

What do you like best?

Edmodo is an easy to use LMS that allows for communication between parents, teachers, and students. The program allows teachers to upload files, send messages, and assign work to students. It has the look and feel of a social media site, such as Facebook and is really easy to use. Kids really enjoy using it because of its resemblance to other websites they have used. It's also a great way for students to collaborate and discuss with one another outside of the classroom.

What do you dislike?

There is a lack of ability to set weighted grades and it is impossible for parents to engage in a two way conversation with the teacher.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make the switch! It's a great product.

This program is used as a way to communicate with students outside of the classroom. It serves as a written reminder to students of upcoming assessments and assignments and allows students who miss class to easily get caught up on missed work.

Edmodo review by Killian P.
Teacher
Primary/Secondary Education

"It worked well, but it seems unnecessary now."

What do you like best?

I was able to give quick quizzes in class. It eliminated the cost of Scantrons for our 7th and 8th vocabulary program.

What do you dislike?

It was another log-in for kids to keep up with all the time. Some of the add-ons had issues. The feed wasn't terribly helpful, and I got one of those little notification bubbles every time a kid finished an assignment.

It was very helpful with that Scantron cost, but I was pleased when they integrated what we were using it for into our school platform. That's much simpler!

Edmodo review by Karissa D.
English Teacher
Education Management

"Great Communication Platform for Teachers! "

What do you like best?

Edmodo is great for me because I teach English to students in 5 different classes who are all in immersion programs learning in different target languages. With so many classes it can be easy for me to get mixed up about who has received assignment instructions, which class' planners I have checked, etc. I also face different linguistic difficulties with my students depending on which target language they are learning, so I often tailor my lessons to each specific class depending on their areas of need. Edmond allows me to have a separate group for each class, so I can make sure that each group of students is getting all of the information they need. The students like it because it's like Facebook, and they enjoy that format.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to make Edmodo friendlier for younger students. My 3rd graders love it, but 1st graders have a hard time engaging with the platform independently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In my experience, Edmodo is most effective when used with students who are a little older (3rd grade or above) and who are able to use technology independently.

Edmond has helped to improve my organization and my communication with my students. They can reach out to me with a question easily and can also communicate with each other regarding projects, etc.

Edmodo review by Matthew J.
Science Teacher
Education Management

"Classroom Science teacher looking for classroom organization"

What do you like best?

I like the ease and ability to set up all students in the same topic with the same info and assignments and the then ability to subdivide them into classroom groups as well as the ease of maneuverability between the classes

What do you dislike?

Not a lot of freedom of creativity ... very regimented and the presentation is rigid. Does not allow you yo taylor subgroup within a master group to differentiate and orginality

Recommendations to others considering the product

make sure you have information for students to sign in ... when students don't do the free registration, they miss out on your postings. I use this as an assignment in the beginning of the year so the entire class is connected

ease of uploading and setting up classes within a topic was great - just need to have more flexibility in the presentation and outlay

Edmodo review by Marcelo d.
Senior Visual Designer
Pharmaceuticals
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Excellent solution for courses"

What do you like best?

Edmodo is a very powerful way to organize courses and connect to students. It is useful to purely online courses and as online meeting point to regular classrooms. It features quizzes in many formats and manages the answers for each student. Additionally, it has many features typical of social networks, making easier to keep contact with students and, more important, to allow students to connect between themselves and work together in assignments.

What do you dislike?

The interface can look a bit dry for the beginner. If it helps to keep things focused, it could make difficult for some people to realize Edmodo's potential just by looking at the starting options. I think that providing some kind of visual customization for each class would improve the use of the site.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Edmodo really helps teachers and schools, be it exclusively online courses or classroom courses.

In addition to testing Edmodo with my students, we are testing it as main hub for the activities of a health research group. Even with other solutions specifically tailored for team management available, we found that Edmodo fits the job nicely, which confirms its flexibility and power.

Edmodo review by elaine W.
Teacher