Synergy Education Platform

3.2

Synergy Education Platform provides all the data and process management functionality you expect from a world-class SIS, while extending beyond traditional SIS boundaries to deliver greater value.

Work for Synergy Education Platform?

Learning about Synergy Education Platform?

Synergy Education Platform Reviews

Showing 41 Synergy Education Platform reviews
Synergy Education Platform review by Kara J.
Kara J.

"Synergy is Simple"

What do you like best?

As a middle school teacher, I enjoy the efficiency of Synergy. Synergy allows me to organize my grades, seating charts, and communication easily. Grades are formatted in a user friendly way. The seating chart uses the student's pictures, which is especially useful for substitutes. It is very simple to be able to communicate with all parents of over 150 students, and the students themselves. I also easily have access to student information (academic and personal).

What do you dislike?

I wish Synergy had an app that is just as easy to use. The app they offer is very basic and only allows attendance to be taken. I would love to be able to enter grades, see student info, etc. through the app. on my phone or Ipad.

Synergy allows all teachers and administrators the resource to take attendance, organize grades, and communicate with all stakeholders. It is online, so it is accessible from anywhere with internet. Our previous platform needed to be downloaded, and my laptop could not download it, which meant I could not enter grades outside of my classroom. Synergy allows us to access information about students (personal and school) easily.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Synergy Education Platform
Synergy Education Platform review by Emily S.
Emily S.

"Comprehensive but Complicated"

What do you like best?

It holds a ton of information and is easily searchable. It is arranged well with tabs and icons that make sense.

What do you dislike?

If you want a custom report you first have to learn query. It is such a big database that you can't find what you want to make queries, even with the redesign. It is not user friendly in that regard. If you can't make the query yourself, be prepared to wait at least a year for IT to not be able to figure it out and then have to contact your ESD who might make the report or crush your dreams. Edupoint customer support won't support the lowly people who actually have to use Synergy. There are reports that don't work properly that they won't fix. Be prepared to waste lots of time trying to find loopholes to get what you need and reading through manuals that don't really help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Again, I don't know that there is much of a choice. It is what all the school use in Oregon (at least public schools). It is not the best but I'm not sure if there is anything better out there. I've had to get really good at Microsoft Access to make up for the custom report shortcomings of Synergy. Be prepared to do the same. I miss working with Access based database programs (like CampTrak) or the Mac equivalent FileMaker. Maybe other districts are using it better than us or have given there staff more training. Definitely provide training. I was left to figure things out on my own (which normally I'm pretty decent at).

It is a secure database to keep student information. It helps us to better serve students when we can record and look up relevant data.

What K-12 Student Information Systems solution do you use?

Synergy Education Platform review by Lauryn G.
Lauryn G.

"Synergy is solid... once you get used to the format"

What do you like best?

I've used Synergy as a teacher to take attendance and house grades by quarter for 3 years. It's taken me that long to learn all the nuisances of the program, which isn't the most intuitive when you first learn the program, but now that I've learned where to find all the information I need, it's turned into a solid database for student information.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how there are no help features for the program and how some of the features are not purely intuitive to find. Some of the student information is found in unlikely places. It would be helpful to have a resources or help tab.

The primary benefit is that Synergy houses all relevant student information for grades, attendance, student information, etc. It's like a one-stop shop for everything I need when collecting data to write generate goals and keep track of comments and progress.

Synergy Education Platform review by User in Fine Art
User in Fine Art

"Synergy SIS"

What do you like best?

Synergy has many awesome tools! I like how you can upload documents to a student's file for the team to see. Grading is also user friendly, where you can add multiple assignments to the same page. Attendance is also very easy to do. I also like how our school can sync our SWIS data to synergy to be able to look up behavior incident referral data.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the color schemes, even though you can change them. It is not visually pleasing, and teachers do have to look at it everyday. I also feel that the help section is not always efficient in navigating a how to find.

We are solving ways to as a team have access to multiple areas of information on a given student, upload and share information for a student file, take attendance, and input grades among other things!

User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Clean design, user friendly, and quality features."

What do you like best?

The iPhone app is an excellent feature. If I need to contact a parent, all phone numbers are found within the app. If I choose to call from the app, it automatically adds *67 to block my caller ID. Little things like that are what make the program so useful.

The incident reporting feature is also very handy. If I have an issue with a student, it asks thorough questions about what happened, where it happened, which students were involved (pulled from SIS$, and which rules were broken. All of the information is loaded in the system which makes this a breeze. It’s sent to the principal and recorded automatically.

What do you dislike?

I wish the App allowed for inputting grades into my grade book.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Allow for grade input on the iPhone app.

This program allows me to contact parents conveniently. I no longer have to sift through registration forms to find a contact.

It also helps me keep up with attendance issue. The reporting feature is very useful, allowing me to run a report on any student, giving full detail of absences and tardies.

Synergy Education Platform review by Whitney G.
Whitney G.

"Using Synergy SE on a daily basis"

What do you like best?

I love how in Synergy SE, everything is interconnected. This makes monitoring IEPs, creating IEPs, and managing IEPs extremely easy. When it is used in conjunction with Synergy SIS (student information system), it is a wonderful learning management system.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there are times when Synergy SE is down or won’t allow me to save my progress.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the manuals provided online and also go to training sessions! It is a complicated system to learn so it might be overwhelming at first, but after you get used to using it, it is such a great tool!

I’ve realized that Synergy is the most stable IEP platform that I’ve used. It helps with deadlines, and is the easiest application to use from the meeting notice creation, through the creation of the IEP, all the way to the validation and finalization of the IEP.

Synergy Education Platform review by User

"If it is not faster and easier than old school it is a waste of money and time."

What do you like best?

The up or down arrows on the students grades, attendance color codes are nice. Being able to directly import scores from Google classroom although it is really slow and obnoxious and I use it very little as Google is terrible for language.

What do you dislike?

Pretty much everything, seating charts are garbage. You cannot see all of the students on the chart at once. Slower than eschools which was not good either. Takes longer to enter prgress reports than filling in a scantron. Printing a simple class roster or seating chart takes at least three steps then have to wait in the que for it to even gernerate. If it is more work for me to use the technology than old school than what is the point. I have yet to see educational software where they actually consutled a working teacher in the classroom about how it should work. I want settings I can save for reports it should not take an hour to print roll sheets and seating charts for five classes and it certainly should not take an hour to up load grades. I already spend hours grading and entering them. You have to use a drop down menu for each student comment and citizenship grade at the school I could not even just type the letter in you had to use the drop down menu which of course you cannot see the whole thing without scrolling and the codes needed most are 11 and 12 so you have to scroll. When using the portal from home I could enter the letter or numbers except for 11?!!!! Why?!!!!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't unless the tech department wants all of the teachers to hate them as it makes our regular tasks take longer.

Eschools seemed to be inaccurate and did not calculate grades correctly if weighted but this is the first quarter of use and I did not weight mine because in 16 years of teaching and multiple software porgrams I have found that Technology is not always progress. I am not sure on the district end as Eschools took a long time to do reports but this one is worse. As teachers we hated eschools now I appreciate what it did do and it did it faster.But nothing so far tops Easy Grade Pro they obviously consulted real teachers.

Synergy Education Platform review by Lauren T.
Lauren T.

"Synergy is an all-in-one program for many teacher needs. "

What do you like best?

Synergy is a great tool that allows teachers to post grades, communicate with teachers and students, and post class assignments. Everything is centrally located in one program.

What do you dislike?

Synergy can be confusing to navigate without training making it not very user friendly. There is also no way to have students turn in assignments through the class website. Instead I have to have another program to have students submit work online. Many times synergy will be down for maintenance or not work while using the program.

Instead of having multiple software programs for attendance, grading, and class websites, synergy is an all-in-one platform. This is more time efficient and easier to learn because it is only on program.

Synergy Education Platform review by Bree G.
Bree G.

"Grading system very helpful for students and teachers"

What do you like best?

I like how easy the system is to understand and how the info goes live immedately.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that as a travelling teacher, I have to separately upload the same resource to each class separately for each school if it is not attached to an assignment.

I'm solving my needs to have a more streamlined grading system that provides instant feedback.

User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Synergy is unreliable and difficult to use."

What do you like best?

I like that I have pictures of my students and that it has several features but it's not really worth it due to the unreliability and user unfriendliness of the program.

What do you dislike?

I'm required to use Synergy for grading, seating charts, attendance, contacting parents and a myriad of other things as a teacher. It is completely unreliable and has several problems with user ease. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. It times out all of the time right after I've already refreshed and signed. Usually this happens when I've put grades in for 30 or so students and I lose all of the grades that I've saved. It has so many bells and whistles that it's very difficult to navigate and there are errors and failures all of the time. I do not recommend Synergy for any district!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Reliability and ease of use are most important in software for teacher purposes and Synergy fails in both categories.

Our IT person at work has had it up to his ears with Synergy problems. He's the best around and is an excellent judge of software.

Synergy Education Platform review by Frank C.
Frank C.

"Synergy is a very strong all-in-one student information and management system."

What do you like best?

Synergy has many useful features built-in, and can be customized based on the needs of individual school districts. Synergy can be used by teaching faculty, guidance counselors, administrative staff, parents, and students, and with access to different features restricted by user group. It greatly reduces the need for paper communications between school and home, since students and parents can view their grades and attendance records in real-time electronically.

What do you dislike?

Not all of the aspects of manipulating the gradebook are intuitive, and entering certain kinds of information through the user interface can sometimes be frustrating. There are also issues of which user group has access to which features, but that is more a problem of the district managing its resources than the program's capabilities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can't comment on the actual cost of implementing this software package, but the district did take competitive bids, and Synergy had the strongest list of of features that we required.

Our school district is one of the largest in the state, with nearly 8500 employees serving approximately 60,000 students at just under 70 work sites. The planned obsolescence window on our previous Student Information System was coming to a close and we needed a new management system that could replace multiple existing products at the different grade levels, integrating recording and reporting processes on a single platform. Synergy has definitely provided a better transition than our previous SIS software and has enhanced communication between school and home, while giving students greater opportunity for self-monitoring and self-managing.

Synergy Education Platform review by p h.
p h.

"a terrible waste of money don't do it"

What do you like best?

When it actually works which is extremely rare

What do you dislike?

IT DOES NOT EVER WORK. Crashes, freezes, looses data, the locals don't know how to work it...it's a disaster that cost too much

Recommendations to others considering the product

don't do it

We are creating more problems than have ever been solved by this. Should have stuck with powerschool. In fact, I can't even upload a picture of myself logged in as I CANT LOG IN AS IT DOESN"T WORK

Synergy Education Platform review by Melinda B.
Melinda B.

"Using Synergy SE to Communicate Grades"

What do you like best?

I like that parents and students can see grades in real-time.

What do you dislike?

Synergy SE does not offer teachers the ability to easily see a grade summary page (for multiple nine weeks) where teachers can modify a grade in one nine weeks and students can see the affect on semester/ year grades. This feature was available on our previous grade management system. This feature is extremely helpful for struggling students because a teacher can show the student what effect their work will have on their grade.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would suggest having "experts" trained in every department of a school so that the expert can help other teachers implement effectively.

Synergy helps with grade management and with communicating with parents. The main benefit is that parents that check "Parent Vue" always know how their child is doing in their classes. And, if there is an issue with a grade, the parent or student can email the teacher from Synergy, without having to go to a different app.

Synergy Education Platform review by Tyler F.
Tyler F.

"Pleasantly Surprsed with Synergy"

What do you like best?

Synergy has an excellent and easy to use interface. When you first begin using the product, you see that there are always two ways to accomplish a task. For example, you may click on an icon to run a report, or you may go through the menu option to run a report. I also like the ability to save "favorites" or "most used" actions in a shortcut bar. This is very useful to administrators that perform the same task multiple times a day including attendance, checking a schedule, or looking up student information. Additionally, there are a lot of report options available in the system.

What do you dislike?

There was not much that I disliked, but I was frustrated with the inability to run a report based on homeroom. As an administrator, we would frequently need to distribute materials that were student sensitive to the homeroom courses. This was not an option in Synergy. When we brought up this problem to the district administrator for Synergy, she indicated this would be fixed and the report would be created by edupoint. Additionally, there were times when it was a bit confusing because you need to switch the focus from year to year in the system. If you accidentally did not switch back, you would not be able to modify information. This is an important feature, but seemed to be a nuisance most of the time. I assume you would get used to this with time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It would be very beneficial if your district would allow a pilot program of the system that was concurrent with your other SIS. I would have preferred to learn the new system while still having access to the old system. I understand that sometimes it is better to "rip the bandaid off", but at times it was confusing to have a brand new system and needing to rely on it without knowing all of the features. I would also suggest that you setup a district email address that is simply used for help questions. This was very beneficial to us as we would send a message to the email and it was promptly returned.

We were using Synergy for a Student Information System for the district. We wanted a system that was all in one and incorporated an excellent gradebook along with the ability for parents to check the grades and assignments online. Synergy proved very able to do this. We have seen the benefits of the system as parents state how easy it is to use. They seem to keep up with the grades more often and it provides the students a sense of accountability by being able to check their own grades and progress.

Synergy Education Platform review by Duccio M.
Duccio M.

"Hard learning curve for something that shouldn't be this hard"

What do you like best?

They have mobile apps for most platforms, which is nice, especially when on the go.

What do you dislike?

Terrible, terrible UX. Hard to navigate, hard to use and buggy. Easy to make mistakes because of the AWFUL UX.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are way better systems out there. Do some research first, because this software is gonna be painful for your staff to use.

Organize the student's database would be a business problem we solved, but it made it harder somehow.

User in Education Management

"Easy to access and navigate. "

What do you like best?

I like the ability to access my student’s information with one click. I can quickly grab phone numbers, address, allergy info etc.

What do you dislike?

I would love to run more specialized class reports such as parent contact or parent name. Right now I can only run a full directory not selected information. Additionally would love to run reports on class assessments.

Easy access to my class information without having to go through the student paper file.

Synergy Education Platform review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Synergy SE for Work"

What do you like best?

Synergy SE is useful for tracking progress with my students. It is easy to use and add scores and save/print, etc. It also is useful for making IEP reports easier with drop down menus and click menus.

What do you dislike?

The new upgrade has been a learning curve, since I was used to finding and using items such as making text boxes larger. It also is not user friendly for report generating. I find I have to click around a lot in order to figure out where items are and how you open/close some items or menus.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have support from SynergySE.

We use this software daily in order to track student progress and create reports. It is beneficial to use report writing software with a template so it will generate reports and progress so much more quickly than just using a word document.

Synergy Education Platform review by Alan B.
Alan B.

"Great for communication"

What do you like best?

Synergy is a great system for taking roll and establishing communication with parents. It create an easy way to complete grades and it allows parents to see student behavior.

What do you dislike?

The system can be very complicating at times and it does tend to glitch once in awhile.

With the system I am now able to look up student information that can be valuable for communication and even for information the student.

Synergy Education Platform review by Janet A  J.
Janet A J.

"Synergy Admin Introduction"

What do you like best?

Easy-to-use, web-based gradebook and student information system offering features for student, class, grade management, attendance, behavior tracking, report generation, and parent communication.

What do you dislike?

Looking for Synergy/Edupoint to offer my training and documentation for the novice user. Additional free online training and user friendly training.

Synergy offers an extensive student and parent communication portal which is a great asset.

Synergy Education Platform review by User

"A great educational tool"

What do you like best?

What I liked the most about Synergy® Special Education (SE) is that it makes really simple the difficult process of educational management, guiding team members step by step from initial referral through program exit in a collaborative environment that promotes student success.

What do you dislike?

There are still missing things, like that, for example, the program is not offering the teachers the simplicity of looking for a grade summary page or modify a grade in one nine weeks and students can see the affect on semester/ year grades. This feature is often found in others management systems, and it's rare not finding it here. This feature is extremely helpful for struggling students because a teacher can show the student what effect their work will have on their grade.

We used it in a educational environment along with the ability for parents to check the grades and assignments online.

"Mediocre"

What do you like best?

Taking attendance and marking students late is simple enough. Creating assignments is also quite simple.

What do you dislike?

Grades are always a nightmare. You must be very careful to check all relevant boxes correctly if you don't want to start over. Posting special grades requires many complicated steps

The attendance is great. The grade component creates problems for our staff

"TeacherVue"

What do you like best?

I love how easily integrated my grade book is to student/teacher communication and teacher/parent communication.

What do you dislike?

The apps are not all reliable. For example, I can access certain things on my iPad, certain other things on my computer, and next to nothing on my phone. I'm a mobile teacher and need full access on portable devices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your community is computer savvy before giving up paper options.

Opening communication without scheduling conferences during already crazy days.

User in Primary/Secondary Education

"A lot better than the current platform I'm using (ASPEN)"

What do you like best?

Synergy is a lot more User friendly compared to other platforms I've used in the past

What do you dislike?

Wish there was more info to access. For example, SPED info could be present

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it. It's user friendly and the best platform I've used thus far. The other platforms are nothing to write home about. The current platform I'm using (ASPEN) is miles behind because it is nowhere near as user friendly

Taking grades for student progress. Again, it is very user friendly. All of the essentials, like gradebook and contact information is easily accessable.

User in Education Management

"4th year teacher uses for attendance and grading"

What do you like best?

Entering grades is relatively straightforward and easy.

What do you dislike?

Grades do not automatically save and sometimes get deleted. Attendance is slow to load.

It makes it easy to track student data, such as attendance and grades. We do not use it to track behavior or communication though it does have the capacity.

Synergy Education Platform review by Jaclyn P.
Jaclyn P.

"A Must Have for Educators"

What do you like best?

This helps to manage special education programs and ensure that students can be successful and all federal guidelines are being met.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, I have really enjoyed using this software and I have personally found it to be very useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely useful for working with special education students

This is a high quality special education management software to help to ensure that student success is monitored properly and accurately

"Synergy for Teachers"

What do you like best?

This program is basic in both language and functions. WHat you need is most likely going to be found there. There are a very large amount of choices for each task.

What do you dislike?

The actual names of features differ or are confusing from what is expected.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, but it will take time and patience to be familiar with the tools and buttons.

I take roll/attendance, keep records, and look up student data.

User in Education Management

"Synergy is okay. Needs some additions!"

What do you like best?

I like that I can set my students in a seating chart...great for substitutes.

It is fairly easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Lack of disaggregate reports. Need variety.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good grade keeping program.

Students grades

Benefits of sending parents grade reports

Synergy Education Platform review by Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education
Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education

"Synergy is comprehensive but difficult to navigate. "

What do you like best?

I like best that all information can be stored on this system.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the confusing set up and difficulty in retrieval.

We use it to store extensive data on students.

User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Synergy Student Information System"

What do you like best?

This program works intuitively. I am able to find all of the information I need quickly and easily. It's easy to work with others to compile and analyze information about a student.

What do you dislike?

The program frequently takes a long time to load. When many are uploading grades, the system is particularly slow.

I am able to collaborate with colleagues on student progress more easily because of this program.

"With hindsight"

What do you like best?

A lot of educators downplay Synergy’s usefulness, burn it can document grades, incidences, conferences, and random notes. while it had glitches initially, it has become much more functional.

What do you dislike?

I need an email all function. Currently, I can’t reach all grade levels at once.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don’t give up! It’s no time super user friendly, but it’s improved dramatically.

Uploading grades and documenting issues

User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Synergy is easy to use and easy to view!"

What do you like best?

I love the attendance tracking. I am able to view different records as well. I also enjoy how the grade book can file directly into the report cards.

What do you dislike?

There is some confusion about what is different between the attendance class list and report card class list.

We have all of our grade book, report card, and attendance all in one place.

Synergy Education Platform review by Jessica M.
Jessica M.

"Improving every year"

What do you like best?

I like taking attendance using student pictures. It is also nice having student pictures at the beginning of the year as I get to know my students.

What do you dislike?

grade book setup is difficult, especially with proficiency grading.

grading is being resolved and I am learning to use the system better. it is beneficial to have everything is one place. attendance, grades, communication, etc.

User in Education Management

"Synergy is effective for its purpose"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that parents can use Synergy via ParentVue to stay updated on their child's progress.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the process when completing report cards. It is very lengthy and confusing. I'm in my 3rd year using it and still make mistakes.

Synergy tracks grades, absences, etc. We are able to use Synergy for data purposes.

Synergy Education Platform review by User in Events Services
User in Events Services

"Grading, lunch, attendance, behavior system"

What do you like best?

I loved that you could easily put assignments and grades in. It was fast and easy once you learn the layout. Attendance was quick and I loved that the pictures were in the system for each child. It was also easy to find students and their written reports on them.

What do you dislike?

The face you have to switch to a different part of the website to get to the parent contact and behavior issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use once you are used to it. Takes a couple of weeks to get used to as with any program.

I could easily switch to different quarters to see past grades.

"Synergy review"

What do you like best?

I like. Ring able to access my child’s educational information. As an employee, I feel the software is generally easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like the layout of printed individual education plans and progress reports.

Consistency with data and records for individual education plans is helpful.

Synergy Education Platform review by User in Higher Education

"Synergy is helpful"

What do you like best?

The useful nature of Synergy lies in the ability to have all of my record keeping in one place.

What do you dislike?

It can be a bit awkward to navigate, especially when moving between student and teacher functions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This program is helpful for a lot of reasons, however it is very important to have someone on staff that can be the 'go to' person in the company to trouble shoot and solve pop up problems.

Attendance, grading, parent contact and student discipline are all contained in one place.

"Use it daily!"

What do you like best?

the software is easy to manage, and very user friendly, considering I use it every day in the classroom

What do you dislike?

sometimes when I take attendance, it won't show up

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would use it! very user friendly system

easy for parents to use as well

"Synery Review-Not User-Friendly"

What do you like best?

The ability to do standards based grading.

What do you dislike?

It is incredibly complex. I feel like if Apple or Google designed this project it would be much more user-friendly. As it stands, Synergy complicates my life as a teacher, requiring me to click on several items to complete one task.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Is there any other product that will allow you to do standards based grading? Pick that one.

I am entering grades for students, contacting parents, tracking attendance.

"All in one!"

What do you like best?

Attendance, report cards, grade book, seating chart, and more! This website does so much and all the information is in one place

What do you dislike?

Takes a while to update after the admin updates their end of the website

Quickly communicate attendance without printing and paper

User in Education Management

"I use this product daily as I am dealing with discipline."

What do you like best?

There is a lot of information you can capture within the program.

What do you dislike?

The reports are not very user friendly and can't be manipulated to get what you need.

Data entry and retrieval

Synergy Education Platform review by Internal Consultant in Primary/Secondary Education
Internal Consultant in Primary/Secondary Education

"Synergy SE"

What do you like best?

User friendly. Provides compliance warnings for users. Allows for district level modifications.

What do you dislike?

Process for running reports could be more user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Once you get the hang of it, running reports in Synergy is quite easy.

District-wide compliance. We have experienced significant growth in this area.

Learning about Synergy Education Platform?

* We monitor all Synergy Education Platform reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.