Synergy Education Platform

Synergy Education Platform provides all the data and process management functionality you expect from a world-class SIS, while extending beyond traditional SIS boundaries to deliver greater value.

Work for Synergy Education Platform?

Learning about Synergy Education Platform?

Synergy Education Platform Reviews

Ask Synergy Education Platform a Question
Showing 16 Synergy Education Platform reviews
Synergy Education Platform review by <span>Emily S.</span>
Emily S.

"Comprehensive but Complicated"

What do you like best?

It holds a ton of information and is easily searchable. It is arranged well with tabs and icons that make sense.

What do you dislike?

If you want a custom report you first have to learn query. It is such a big database that you can't find what you want to make queries, even with the redesign. It is not user friendly in that regard. If you can't make the query yourself, be prepared to wait at least a year for IT to not be able to figure it out and then have to contact your ESD who might make the report or crush your dreams. Edupoint customer support won't support the lowly people who actually have to use Synergy. There are reports that don't work properly that they won't fix. Be prepared to waste lots of time trying to find loopholes to get what you need and reading through manuals that don't really help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Again, I don't know that there is much of a choice. It is what all the school use in Oregon (at least public schools). It is not the best but I'm not sure if there is anything better out there. I've had to get really good at Microsoft Access to make up for the custom report shortcomings of Synergy. Be prepared to do the same. I miss working with Access based database programs (like CampTrak) or the Mac equivalent FileMaker. Maybe other districts are using it better than us or have given there staff more training. Definitely provide training. I was left to figure things out on my own (which normally I'm pretty decent at).

It is a secure database to keep student information. It helps us to better serve students when we can record and look up relevant data.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Synergy Education Platform
Synergy Education Platform review by <span>Kara J.</span>
Kara J.

"Synergy is Simple"

What do you like best?

As a middle school teacher, I enjoy the efficiency of Synergy. Synergy allows me to organize my grades, seating charts, and communication easily. Grades are formatted in a user friendly way. The seating chart uses the student's pictures, which is especially useful for substitutes. It is very simple to be able to communicate with all parents of over 150 students, and the students themselves. I also easily have access to student information (academic and personal).

What do you dislike?

I wish Synergy had an app that is just as easy to use. The app they offer is very basic and only allows attendance to be taken. I would love to be able to enter grades, see student info, etc. through the app. on my phone or Ipad.

Synergy allows all teachers and administrators the resource to take attendance, organize grades, and communicate with all stakeholders. It is online, so it is accessible from anywhere with internet. Our previous platform needed to be downloaded, and my laptop could not download it, which meant I could not enter grades outside of my classroom. Synergy allows us to access information about students (personal and school) easily.

What K-12 Student Information Systems solution do you use?

Synergy Education Platform review by User in Fine Art
User in Fine Art

"Synergy SIS"

What do you like best?

Synergy has many awesome tools! I like how you can upload documents to a student's file for the team to see. Grading is also user friendly, where you can add multiple assignments to the same page. Attendance is also very easy to do. I also like how our school can sync our SWIS data to synergy to be able to look up behavior incident referral data.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the color schemes, even though you can change them. It is not visually pleasing, and teachers do have to look at it everyday. I also feel that the help section is not always efficient in navigating a how to find.

We are solving ways to as a team have access to multiple areas of information on a given student, upload and share information for a student file, take attendance, and input grades among other things!

User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Clean design, user friendly, and quality features."

What do you like best?

The iPhone app is an excellent feature. If I need to contact a parent, all phone numbers are found within the app. If I choose to call from the app, it automatically adds *67 to block my caller ID. Little things like that are what make the program so useful.

The incident reporting feature is also very handy. If I have an issue with a student, it asks thorough questions about what happened, where it happened, which students were involved (pulled from SIS$, and which rules were broken. All of the information is loaded in the system which makes this a breeze. It’s sent to the principal and recorded automatically.

What do you dislike?

I wish the App allowed for inputting grades into my grade book.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Allow for grade input on the iPhone app.

This program allows me to contact parents conveniently. I no longer have to sift through registration forms to find a contact.

It also helps me keep up with attendance issue. The reporting feature is very useful, allowing me to run a report on any student, giving full detail of absences and tardies.

Synergy Education Platform review by <span>Bree G.</span>
Bree G.

"Grading system very helpful for students and teachers"

What do you like best?

I like how easy the system is to understand and how the info goes live immedately.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that as a travelling teacher, I have to separately upload the same resource to each class separately for each school if it is not attached to an assignment.

I'm solving my needs to have a more streamlined grading system that provides instant feedback.

Synergy Education Platform review by <span>Alan B.</span>
Alan B.

"Great for communication"

What do you like best?

Synergy is a great system for taking roll and establishing communication with parents. It create an easy way to complete grades and it allows parents to see student behavior.

What do you dislike?

The system can be very complicating at times and it does tend to glitch once in awhile.

With the system I am now able to look up student information that can be valuable for communication and even for information the student.

"Mediocre"

What do you like best?

Taking attendance and marking students late is simple enough. Creating assignments is also quite simple.

What do you dislike?

Grades are always a nightmare. You must be very careful to check all relevant boxes correctly if you don't want to start over. Posting special grades requires many complicated steps

The attendance is great. The grade component creates problems for our staff

User in Primary/Secondary Education

"A lot better than the current platform I'm using (ASPEN)"

What do you like best?

Synergy is a lot more User friendly compared to other platforms I've used in the past

What do you dislike?

Wish there was more info to access. For example, SPED info could be present

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it. It's user friendly and the best platform I've used thus far. The other platforms are nothing to write home about. The current platform I'm using (ASPEN) is miles behind because it is nowhere near as user friendly

Taking grades for student progress. Again, it is very user friendly. All of the essentials, like gradebook and contact information is easily accessable.

User in Education Management

"Synergy is okay. Needs some additions!"

What do you like best?

I like that I can set my students in a seating chart...great for substitutes.

It is fairly easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Lack of disaggregate reports. Need variety.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good grade keeping program.

Students grades

Benefits of sending parents grade reports

Synergy Education Platform review by Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education
Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education

"Synergy is comprehensive but difficult to navigate. "

What do you like best?

I like best that all information can be stored on this system.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the confusing set up and difficulty in retrieval.

We use it to store extensive data on students.

User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Synergy Student Information System"

What do you like best?

This program works intuitively. I am able to find all of the information I need quickly and easily. It's easy to work with others to compile and analyze information about a student.

What do you dislike?

The program frequently takes a long time to load. When many are uploading grades, the system is particularly slow.

I am able to collaborate with colleagues on student progress more easily because of this program.

"With hindsight"

What do you like best?

A lot of educators downplay Synergy’s usefulness, burn it can document grades, incidences, conferences, and random notes. while it had glitches initially, it has become much more functional.

What do you dislike?

I need an email all function. Currently, I can’t reach all grade levels at once.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don’t give up! It’s no time super user friendly, but it’s improved dramatically.

Uploading grades and documenting issues

User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Synergy is easy to use and easy to view!"

What do you like best?

I love the attendance tracking. I am able to view different records as well. I also enjoy how the grade book can file directly into the report cards.

What do you dislike?

There is some confusion about what is different between the attendance class list and report card class list.

We have all of our grade book, report card, and attendance all in one place.

User in Education Management

"Synergy is effective for its purpose"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that parents can use Synergy via ParentVue to stay updated on their child's progress.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the process when completing report cards. It is very lengthy and confusing. I'm in my 3rd year using it and still make mistakes.

Synergy tracks grades, absences, etc. We are able to use Synergy for data purposes.

"Use it daily!"

What do you like best?

the software is easy to manage, and very user friendly, considering I use it every day in the classroom

What do you dislike?

sometimes when I take attendance, it won't show up

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would use it! very user friendly system

easy for parents to use as well

"All in one!"

What do you like best?

Attendance, report cards, grade book, seating chart, and more! This website does so much and all the information is in one place

What do you dislike?

Takes a while to update after the admin updates their end of the website

Quickly communicate attendance without printing and paper

Learning about Synergy Education Platform?

* We monitor all Synergy Education Platform reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.