edX

(53)
4.4 out of 5 stars

EdX offers interactive online classes and MOOCs from the world's best universities, colleges and organizations.

Work for edX?

Learning about edX?

We can help you find the solution that fits you best.

edX Reviews

Ask edX a Question
Write a Review
Filter Reviews
Filter Reviews
  • Ratings
  • Company Size
  • User Role
  • User Industry
Ratings
Company Size
User Role
User Industry
Showing 53 edX reviews
LinkedIn Connections
edX review by <span>Maryalba G.</span>
Maryalba G.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Organic
Reviewed On

Una gran opción para aprender

What do you like best?

EDX ofrece una gran gama de cursos tipo MOOC para poder desarrollar habilidades, ampliar el conocimiento y aumentar nuestras capacidades académicas. Los cursos de EDX son ofertados por instituciones de renombre como el Banco Interamericano de Desarrollo, Harvard University, MIT y muchas otras instituciones cuyo valor académico a nivel mundial está amplia mente respaldado y verificado. Los cursos abarcan una enorme rama de aspectos pasando por economía, computación, historia, filosofía e idiomas, lo que hace que sea sencillo integrarse a este sistema y comenzar a aprender.

What do you dislike?

La mayor parte de los cursos no cuenta con certificados verificados gratuitos, lo que complejiza en gran medida las oportunidades de personas de bajos recursos de poder corroborar sus aptitudes y capacidades al no ser capaz de poder pagar un certificado que autentique dicho conocimiento. Algunos cursos en la medida de su posibilidad e incluso algunos lo han hecho, deberían fomentar el otorgamiento de certificados verificados por sorteo o por tareas cumplidas, eso motivaría más a los estudiantes a enrolarse en los cursos.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cuando inicias en EDZ debes considerar que tipo de cursos te gustan y que es lo que deseas aprender, en un principio puedes verte bastante abrumado por la cantidad de oferta, pero con un poco de tiempo y con una selección precisa, puedes estudiar en el curso que realmente necesitas y mejorar tu conocimiento y el manejo de muchas herramientas para tu desempeño profesional.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

EDX me ha ayudado a conocer una gran cantidad de herramientas vinculadas al manejo de proyectos, a la planificación, desarrollo sostenible y gramática inglesa, auditando estos cursos he podido manejar mejor las herramientas de planificación de proyectos y obtener una visión general del desarrollo y la gramática.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about edX
Headshots
edX review by <span>Riman D.</span>
Riman D.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Invitation from G2 Crowd
Reviewed On

One of The Best Inventions for Higher Ed

What do you like best?

edX is a tremendous website that puts the power of higher education from some of the top institutions around the work in your hands. When it comes to cost; it's only the time that you invest in to improve yourself and expand your potential. I love how the organization allows you to put a fraction of the cost of the degrees you earn to get an official certificate of diploma that verifies the legitimacy of your learning achievements.

What do you dislike?

I almost love everything about edX. However, my only criticism is how it does not allow for complete flexibility at times where it asks you to wait for several months until the desired courses have open enrollment. I'd appreciate seeing it becoming more open to enroll students at their own schedule and availability.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

As a student, edX has allowed me the opportunity to expand my knowledge in certain areas that I need to improve my work of complement my official schooling. And through my work at an educational organization, edX allowed to to recommend other courses to students and friends at no cost to help them become more successful.

What Online Course Providers solution do you use?

Thanks for letting us know!
edX review by <span>Nicole A.</span>
Nicole A.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Organic
Reviewed On

Easy and accessible learning

What do you like best?

I love how accessible it is. There is a transcript for the audio that is pretty spot on.

What do you dislike?

I feel like the layout of the discussions tab could be much more organized. It's not a very intuitive layout -- all discussions are listed in a narrow menu to the left of the page. The landing page for the Discussions tab pretty much demonstrates what I mean -- they tell you how to do actions in the discussion that should be intuitive but aren't.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really, really good if you're working full-time but need to supplement your work experience and fulfill your desire to keep learning. The videos aren't super cheesy (there are so many educational videos that make me gag because it's so painfully scripted) -- the videos are obviously scripted but they're much more natural than other videos I've come across. I like to listen to the video on my phone via the edX app so it works as a sort of podcast for me during my commutes. There's also an option to upgrade to get a verified certificate which I'm considering but right now I'm using edX mainly to keep my curiosity nourished.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I'm taking education courses on HarvardX to supplement my work experience, as I work at an education non-profit. As someone working nearly 60 hours per week, the accessibility of edX to learn on the go (there's an app, too!) is pretty amazing.

edX review by User in Higher Education
User in Higher Education
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Invitation from G2 Crowd
Reviewed On

An outstanding resource for all

What do you like best?

edX is one of the best online course websites out there, giving users access to hundreds of free and paid undergraduate, graduate and post-grad courses in a wide range of subjects. Whether your interested in learning leadership principles or accounting or thermodynamics, edX has it all.

What do you dislike?

edX should include an option for a facebook-type layout for its discussion forums (an integral part of most course cohorts) and provide more certified courses that can be completed at self-pace instead of a fixed timeline.

Recommendations to others considering the product

edX is a good starting point to the world of online education and most popular courses are usually free, making it a risk free investment of your time and efforts.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I'm taking courses in business, leadership and education that complement my career goals.

edX review by <span>Umair A.</span>
Umair A.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Organic
Reviewed On

A great, vast online database for all type of courses in undergrad, grad and postgrad careers.

What do you like best?

The choice and diversity of subjects available, the level of instruction.

What do you dislike?

Some of the features are exclusively for paid users - certificate is another thing but other differences are not okay!

Recommendations to others considering the product

After MOOCs, it is the best online education software for all types of classes. A bit low tech than MOOCs but that too becomes an advantage in certain cases...where the audience is not that highly qualified. Distance learning has become more of a convenience through these. Video and audio quality is high. Reviews, subject matter, grading, everything is helpful.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

It is free - It works on your own pace - If you skipped a class, or your students did, or you are an office worker - you can always refer to this place for quality education.

edX review by <span>Anand P.</span>
Anand P.
Validated Reviewer
Invitation from G2 Crowd
Reviewed On

Valuable learning platform for up-to-date subjects at very affordable prices!

What do you like best?

Learning material through videos at our own available time. Weekly assignments keep us on our toes for extended learning. It helped me get used to the American system of a week in week out assignments and quizzes concept very well.

What do you dislike?

As a student living on parents pocket money, it was little hard to pay for the courses completely at the start of course. Coming from a country where currency conversion to dollar was 65 times, it was tough to afford at regular intervals. Length of few courses is a little too small which makes it tough to use it for credits in classroom

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very viable alternative to Coursera considering the fact that coursera has increased costs for courses and made courses multi-fold making it tough to pay for it all .

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Taking requirement courses for my Masters through EdX. It helped me bridge the gap between Indian and American system of education, especially when I was changing my Major. It helps me get expertise in topics which cost a lot per credit in full time schools. It also helps valuably to learn from great professors all over the worls.

Kate avatar
Kate from G2 Crowd

Learning about edX?

I can help.
* We monitor all edX reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.