eFax

Easy faxing anywhere! eFax is an online fax service that helps you sign, send & receive faxes online via email, computer, smartphone or tablet.

Work for eFax?

Learning about eFax?

eFax Reviews

Ask eFax a Question
Showing 33 eFax reviews
eFax review by Raegan F.
Raegan F.

"Easy to setup and convenient"

What do you like best?

We have a conventional fax machine, however, when we have problems with the physical machine or the phone line itself, we swap over to eFax to make sure we don't miss any faxes. As a medical office, having a working fax line is a major thing. Its so easy to login to our service provider and forward our number over to our eFax number so we can continue to receive doctors referrals and signatures. The setup through the website is a window similar to outlook where you can view a preview of your faxes before opting to print, save, or forward. It updates immediately so I have no worries about a fax coming in but not showing up for several minutes or having to refresh often to check for new faxes. Its a breeze to use and we will continue using eFax as our fax service. Signup and setup are an absolute breeze.

What do you dislike?

Customer service isn't available via chat online, you are required to pick up a phone and call to have your account changed. I much prefer being able to type online while I multitask within the office.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is so simple to set up and implement.

Its our backup fax service when we have problems with our ISP. Prior to finding eFax, we had to just miss those incoming faxes from doctors which could hinder our revenue or the treatment of our patients. And we had no way to track what faxes we missed so that we could reach out and have them resent. With eFax, we dont miss a thing.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about eFax
eFax review by Charlie F.
Charlie F.

"Do not use eFax."

What do you like best?

It is a well-known fax provider and easy to get started with. Pricing is not bad. Other than that, there's not much that I really like.

What do you dislike?

We have worked with several different fax providers and our experience with eFax has been the worst by far. They are unreliable and hard to get a hold of when things go wrong. Also, once you create a fax line with eFax, they make it very difficult to move that fax line away from them. We have tried to move most of fax lines away from them, but they have prevented us from ending the relationship with them completely.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend a different electronic fax service. We have nothing but issues and are trying hard to move away from them. Unfortunately they "own" several of our fax lines, so we are having trouble moving away from them.

Wanted to reduce paper and go electronic with faxing. We wanted to do the same for our clients. We were able to do both, but the service was unreliable and we experience too many fax transmission issues to make the investment worth our while.

What Other Office solution do you use?

eFax review by Gabe P.
Gabe P.

"Horrible company with Deceptive business practices"

What do you like best?

Nothing, have had an absolutely horrible experience with them.

What do you dislike?

Company sales and support reps blatantly lie. When my company signed up, we specifically asked them if we could port our number if we chose to leave. They said 'Yes' and I very clearly remember that because it was a key decision for us signing up. We started with them and they tripled the prices without giving any notice. Then we said we'd like to pull the number out and they said numbers can't be ported out.

This company is highly deceptive and participates in very disrespectful and deceptive business practices. They have no respect for their clients and their goal is to trick people into paying more. We brought this up with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and their response was equally disrespectful and dishonest. It's BBB case number 515960 in the Northern California BBB if anyone cares to review for extra details.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DON'T DO IT!! There are so many options out there go with a company that isn't dishonest. My recommendation is HelloFax.

Trying to solve the problem of faxing without a fax machine. eFax fails that goal.

eFax review by Julia K.
Julia K.

"eFax makes sending and receiving faxes into email."

What do you like best?

This service is incredibly easy to use and essentially makes sending and receiving faxing equivalent to sending and receiving email. As an attorney, faxing and fax filing are often necessary when interacting with courts, government agencies, and other private offices and businesses. I no longer have to have an manage a bulky obsolete fax machine. I simply upload and send documents via efax the same way as an email.

What do you dislike?

The website is not the easiest or most intuitive to use. It takes some time to figure out where everything is located and how to use/interact with the site. Sometimes it's difficult to figure out if you've successfully sent a document, or what the status of the document is. It could also use a better spam faxing filter, as we get lots of spam messages and it requires downloading the document to see it. It'd help to have a preview of the document in the email notification regarding the new fax rather than just an attachment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate. Faxing is obsolete and switching to eFax will make your work life leaps and bounds better.

This service solves the problem of having to interact with other businesses and institutions that have not shifted over from fax to email. The benefits we've realized is that we are able to easily integrate what would have been separate paper faxing into our email routine and can send and receive faxes anywhere via our laptops and mobile devices and avoid the need of scanning documents that have been faxed to us as we maintain electronic files.

eFax review by User in Computer Software

"Outdated and Lousy Business Practices"

What do you like best?

I guess the best one could say is that they send faxes. Their pricing is also reasonable.

I also liked that you can store past contacts.

What do you dislike?

Their user interface is outdated and a challenge to use.

Worst of all is their dishonest cancellation policy. They deliberately make it difficult to cancel and refuse to honor cancellation requests without jumping through hoops. They use the Hotel California as model - you can sign up, but you can never leave.

When trying to cancel, they only offered an email address. When emailing them, they require calling a specific phone number during specific hours and require an agents "help" in cancelling.

When trying to send a fax, you first had to create a contact, rather than simply entering the fax numbers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Avoid it! Please read the reviews across the web and you'll see that their reputation is rightfully mud.

You can send faxes.

The benefits of sending a fax are minimal sometimes necessary when dealing with certain vendor.

eFax review by M H.
M H.

"eFax is quick and reliable"

What do you like best?

I love eFax because it is a very fast and easy way to send a fax. You can attach what you need for files and send in a matter of moments. You get an almost instant email letting you know if your fax went through or not.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about eFax is that you ALWAYS have to type a 1 in front of the fax number. Sometimes I enter the number and accidentally erase the 1 that is automatically put in the fax number box.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a reliable fax service, eFax is the way to go. I couldn't imagine going to an older model fax machine where you have to type in the number at the machine and wait until you see it sent successfully.

The ease of getting faxes to whom they need to get to is the business solution. No waiting to scan papers or waiting for a fax to go through or not.

eFax review by Administrator

"Very user friendly "

What do you like best?

It doesn’t matter what level of tech savvy the user is. This is the easiest online fax program available. The very first time every user in our office tried this program, the fax was sent very easily.. We have a few folks scared of using online programs. This one passed the test with all of them.

What do you dislike?

I have not found any features I don’t like about this program. It is very straight forward, easy to use, and not intimidating at all. Even older users who do not have very much experience at all with computers have found this program to be very user friendly

We have eliminated the need for bulky office equipment and the expense and maintenance associated with it.

eFax review by User

"Great tool for those that need to stay connected often"

What do you like best?

Being able to have all communications centralized in a one control area. Save a bunch of time from checking fax, phone messages, emails etc on different platforms. Everything is intuitive and very few errors for transcribed messages.

What do you dislike?

It is a bit pricey when there are lots of other similar lower cost or free services. You do get more than most other services though so if you really need to stay connected then it's worth it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a company that's been around for a while and innovated the digital communications space, so they are reliable and put out a great product that those on the go with high correspondence needs can make great use of.

Being able to digitize communications and be able to receive and send in formats that are most convenient for the situation. Saves a bunch of time.

eFax review by Ryan A.
Ryan A.

"Nothing special but works fine"

What do you like best?

It sends and receives faxes securely...what more do you need it to do?

What do you dislike?

This product lacks a user friendly interface, which looks like it hasn't been updated in a few years. I always find it hard to navigate the site, as buttons are in non-intuitive places and are small. CORRECTION! I hadn't used the site in a few weeks and upon logging in for a screenshot, found the site newly updated! So, I don't have a comment on the usability now but it looks way better and more intuitive. Welcome to 2018!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pretty standard software...not much you need to know!

Sending and receiving secure faxes

eFax review by Gina H.
Gina H.

"EFax has been a lifesaver!"

What do you like best?

We use eFax in our office & like the flexibility of being able to fax from any machine.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I don't like! eFax has solved a very important problem in our office.

We wanted to do away with a fax line from the phone company. eFax allowed us to do that.

eFax review by User in Civic & Social Organization
User in Civic & Social Organization

"Having the ability to work remotely with eFax has been a godsend. "

What do you like best?

I love how simple and eat eFax is to use. It has a simple interface that you can click through to get to where you need to quickly without going through many steps. Being able to use a mobile device to send faxes but also receiving them in your email inbox is so wonderful. .

What do you dislike?

Overall it's an excellent product but if they can spruce it up it would be better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have the opportunity to at least give it a chance including if there's a trial. Speak to other colleagues and maybe using EFax and how to use it and in the end you're not regret it. You will love this product

Some of the business pounds I'm selling with EFax is that I'm able to work remotely and receive them send faxes without any issues. Always being on the go and traveling for work I'm able to complete all my tasks without having to stop in the office and use a actual fax machine to get what I need done

eFax review by Administrator in Accounting
Administrator in Accounting

"eFax - motive force X 10!!"

What do you like best?

EY provides each employee an efax number. I love the ease of use! With my efax number I can get faxes from wherever and have it land at my email for easy transmission.

What do you dislike?

I really cannot think of anything. It is a tool like any other. Rarely has any glitches. And if a glitch happens, it is almost always a result of some process internal to EY.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A big 4 firm like EY uses it as a matter of course. eFax must be doing something right!!

Connectivity while on the go. I could get a fax, read the document on my phone (via my email of course) and respond with edits or confirmations while on the go!

eFax review by User in Maritime
User in Maritime

"Not so free trial"

What do you like best?

The service worked but it was not what we really needed

What do you dislike?

We signed up for their service three months ago using the free one month trial. After about two weeks, we realised that the service was not what we needed so send an email requesting the cancelation of our account. At the end of the first month, they charged us for the following month (obviously not cancelling the account before the free trial ended). We then sent another email and a letter.

We then got charged again and have now send another letter and email as well as advising our bank we would like to charge back the charges to our credit card as they where un-authorized. Wish us luck!

Recommendations to others considering the product

DONT!

NONE

eFax review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Send/receive faxes without machine."

What do you like best?

Ability to fax from mobile phone, very quickly. Ability to fax from computer. Free trial period.

What do you dislike?

Speed is kind of slow is sometimes lags or you are not sure if the task is complete. For the app the price is high. I am not sure whether it is secure or if they encrypt the data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not the best

I am able to fax prescriptions and care for patients when away from workplace in a quick and efficient manner.

eFax review by Carissa G.
Carissa G.

"eFax: Making My Life Easier One Fax at a Time"

What do you like best?

I love eFax because it is so quick and easy to use. Faxing is one of my biggest frustrations and eFax completely remedied that. I appreciate how they send me notifications each time my fax was received successfully.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about eFax. I would recommend it to all my clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! You will not regret it.

Time Management. eFax allows me to spend more time on projects instead of fussing with the fax machine.

eFax review by David D.
David D.

"eFax "

What do you like best?

eFax is an easy to use program for sending faxes from your computer. It helps skip a step when you need to fax a document that you already have on your computer, without needing to print it. We have only one fax machine in our very large office, so it is nice to skip that headache, and send all the documents you need from the comfort of your own desk. It is easy to scan and upload documents that may have needed signing, and then I have an electronic copy as well.

What do you dislike?

It does cost to use, but they have plans for people that will be sending lots of faxes to keep from havng to pay per page. It does require you to upload a paper copy, which, for some, is an extra step compared to using an old fashioned fax machine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you send tons of faxes, sign up for the unlimited program. My company has one account for us all to use, so you do not care how many faxes you send, and can avoid the ads on th cover pages.

We only have one fax machine in our building of about 100 employees, and it is not close to my desk. So it is nce to have the efax program so that I can fax right from my desk. Also does not require a phone line.

eFax review by Jay L.
Jay L.

"Not worth the hassle"

What do you like best?

The software was pretty easy to set up and use. The ability to email faxes and the notifications that are sent upon receiving faxes were handy

What do you dislike?

The billing practices of the company and their communication. Customer service was bad too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch your credit card statement for charges from the company.

Being able to send and receive faxes without the need to have a physical fax machine.

eFax review by Tanner S.
Tanner S.

"I haven't used eFax very much, but we use it to fax sheets from our store to others"

What do you like best?

Its quick and very simple to use, but I believe it is not a necessity.

What do you dislike?

I think faxing is something in the past, so I think that eFax is shortly going to be gone

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its simple and easy to use

we are solving the problem of having to get sheets of paper from our store to another, fast

eFax review by User in Computer Software

"Would recommend "

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to use. Very simple interface.

What do you dislike?

Seems like there are problems where I can't get into my account despite having the correct password or the portal will kick me out half way through sending a fax. Somedays I can't get into the account at all.

Helps us to easily keep track of all faxes in PDF form. Can email the faxes to others to have them respond.

eFax review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Fax without a fax machine"

What do you like best?

When it comes to documents requiring signatures, especially for those who live out of state, it's incredibly convenient and easy to use efax. People don't realize you don't need an actual fax machine to send a fax. It's a real time and money saver-lots less spent on stamps!

What do you dislike?

initial set up can be difficult to explain

Again, saves money in stamps and it's almost always for documents that require signatures from authorized or interested parties whom live out of town. Ex: Power of attorneys or adding trading authorizations

eFax review by Vivian C.
Vivian C.

"It’s okay "

What do you like best?

Easy to download easy to navigate and easy to forward messages!

What do you dislike?

Difficult to put together medical records

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easier to use Ciox, IOD, or Sharecare aka Bactes, or PracticeFusion

Helps provide medical records for social security disability determination.

eFax review by Lena P.
Lena P.

"Faxing quicker and easier "

What do you like best?

No struggle straight from email no walking to fax machine

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it has trouble transmitting directly from email occasionally send as attachment

Saves time

eFax review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Easy and convenient "

What do you like best?

Accessibility and user friendly and great for when your away

What do you dislike?

That's it doesn't work when systems are down

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your looking for convenience and being able to use it while away it's the way to go

Can be mobile

eFax review by User in Medical Practice
User in Medical Practice

"efax review"

What do you like best?

ability to receive fax via pdf and send with email confirmation

What do you dislike?

limit on amount of fax received. high monthly rate

Recommendations to others considering the product

consider what your volume is before consider efax

not using at this time

eFax review by Administrator in Food & Beverages
Administrator in Food & Beverages

"Our faxing is stable and does not fail."

What do you like best?

IT does not have to deal with things like bad fax cards.

Faxes go to email not to the shredder.

What do you dislike?

The web interface is flakey (we don't tend to use it)

The billing needs to come as a PDF attached to an email not a website download.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look around if you want, the price on eFax is right.

Faxes going to the wrong person or getting shredded.

eFax review by Jeff L.
Jeff L.

"eFax Review"

What do you like best?

eFax is a fantastic solution for those who don't want to deal with the hassles of a dedicated fax machine, or the obnoxious printouts spewing from them.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike as it's a point solution that accomplishes the job without a whole lot of flair.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've used eFax personally, and for business. It's simple, and gets the job done with minimal fuss.

easy to use and manage fax solution. Can receive the faxes anywhere.

eFax review by Administrator

"Efax is so convenient"

What do you like best?

Convenience of being able to fax from my desk

What do you dislike?

nothing works well for me, I dont have any issues

all faxed files in one location, fax from desktop

eFax review by Shyam K.
Shyam K.

"Does the job"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and get setup and a large choice or area codes (especially is you are quite pedantic about location, etc....).

What do you dislike?

Cancelling your membership and the free trial isnt very easy to do and you must call customer support to do this as opposed to being able to do it online with the click of a button. There are cheaper alternatives out there

Recommendations to others considering the product

It does the job

eFax review by Susan K.
Susan K.

"Very easy to use as an online fax tool"

What do you like best?

Easy to set up and easy to use and a great way to track online faxes

What do you dislike?

Cost of full program seems unnecessary since you can fax for free from various venues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it but go with a free trial. You can fax direct from several programs now so why pay the extra cost unless you truly need a virtual fax machine. Why are we still using faxes anyway - scanning and email is all we should need.

eFax review by Jared T.
Jared T.

"Get the functionality of a faw without the fax machine"

What do you like best?

We have a scanner/printer/fax machine but no dedicated line for faxing. I feel like eFax gives you the features you need without needing to deal with the aggravation of a real fax. And really, who reads the paper? It's nice to have the digital version of the document. Product is fairly priced.

What do you dislike?

The UI can be a bit confusing. I find myself stumbling around trying to figure out how to access documents sent to me periodically.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Better than having a fax machine, saves the space and the paper wasted. Essential app if you require a fax machine to conduct business.

eFax review by Jason H.
Jason H.

"No need for a machine"

What do you like best?

I love that you can get your faxes sent directly to your email. No need to rescan to make it digital. No need to waste paper or have a machine that will jam or be empty. I can now get my faxes when I am not even in the office it's great.

What do you dislike?

None

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out

eFax review by Eugene C.
Eugene C.

"Gold-standard electronic fax solution "

What do you like best?

I've used this as a business solution alternative to having a paper fax machine. It's great to be able to have faxes go to my email inbox, esp. for confidential faxes that I don't want others in the company seeing. I can also access faxes online (on their archive) and the faxes can come as pdf, etc. It works and it's reliable.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing to dislike -- works great. just remember, if you're not using this actively, don't forget to cancel it due to the monthly subscription fee; there are other free alternatives if you don't need a dedicated number

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a solid business solution for electronic faxing. I highly recommend it. If you want a free version, check out k7.

eFax review by User in Mental Health Care
User in Mental Health Care

"eFax is efficient and reasonably priced"

What do you like best?

It's convenient to use without going through the hassle of buying/owning a fax machine. You just need a scanner.

What do you dislike?

Some of the menu options are unclear.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it.

Learning about eFax?

* We monitor all eFax reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.