eFileCabinet

3.9

eFileCabinet provides over 155,000 users worldwide work smarter and more efficiently with eFileCabinet.

Work for eFileCabinet?

Learning about eFileCabinet?

eFileCabinet Reviews

Ask eFileCabinet a Question
Showing 35 eFileCabinet reviews
eFileCabinet review by Ranae H.
Ranae H.

"Secure Document Storage with Extra Features"

What do you like best?

Ability to send documents with passwords, restrictions, time limits.

Encrypted storage.

Cloud Back Up.

Search tools make it easy to find documents.

Assignment abilities mean you can assign documents to coworkers.

Prepend, Append, Overwrite - these features when scanning make it easy to correct or add to current documents.

What do you dislike?

I'm not a fan of their partner program SecureDrawer - I find it confusing and difficult to use.

You can't grab a file while composing an email - you first must go to eFileCabinet and choose the file(s) you will be sending and choose the option to send in an email. Then you can only work on that email, you cannot go to Outlook or look at other emails. This was frustrating at first, but I've gotten used to it now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pick a naming convention that makes sense for sorting.

Example: YYYY MM DD

This will sort it by year first, then month, then day - makes it very easy to sort and view documents.

We needed somewhere we could store our documents that we knew would be secure but also accessible to all staff - efilecabinet solves that.

Each staff member has a login and can access the files from their computer - they can also scan/save/email based on the restrictions we put on them. That's great for keeping certain documents secure without having to use a entirely separate system.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about eFileCabinet
eFileCabinet review by User

"Excellent solution to create a paperless office"

What do you like best?

I love the search-ability of documents. I can find documents based on minimal information. I can save documents with many profile fields and the fields can be edited, added, and removed depending on our company's needs. Search by date, $ amount, payment number, check number, name, etc.

What do you dislike?

The layout could be a little easier on the eyes. It seems that the layout could be improved. Maybe the font size/style and also the few graphics/images that are visible could be improved. Images that would help a first- time user be able to navigate the system a little easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have enough licenses for your facility. We occasionally have issues with too many users trying to access efile and not enough licenses. We are in the process of obtaining more, and expanding so that our nursing department can also utilize efile cabinet for their needs.

We no longer have to keep hard copies of payment information. We are saving hundreds of pieces of paper a day. The workflow with approving documents is seamless and has greatly increased our efficiency.

What File Storage and Sharing solution do you use?

eFileCabinet review by Tracy T.
Tracy T.

"eFileCabinet"

What do you like best?

Organization, easy to build cabinets, drawers and folders. Templates are very valuable as well. Other than what I have listed in the "dislike" section, which is a major hit, everything else is great. Upload speeds are superb, scan features are excellent - regulated only by the speed and quality of your scanner & Internet connection speed for the upload. They have recently introduced a web based version of the software, the previous version - which is still very usable and available - is based on Microsoft Silverlight which does limit which browser you can use (Chrome is out, but Firefox and IE are in). I have no issue with that small nuance. Bottom line is, we would not still be using the software if it was not a quality product. We were their very FIRST cloud customer! We currently have almost 100 users, and with support being part of my responsibility, it now takes very little of my time., The company has matured, and we have been along for the ride, and it has been a pleasure.

What do you dislike?

As mentioned in the previous section, I am the Admin of our eFileCabinet subscription, We have 18 offices throughout the state, and while it allows for that type of volume, I regularly have to remedy permissions that change - literally on their own. For example, on any given Tuesday afternoon everything is fine. However, I come in Wednesday & overnight Office 1 can now see Office 4's data, and Office 6 can see Office 10's data, and so forth. The only permission that gets modified is the "View" permission. No editing, moving or deletion allowed, but we are mandated to stay in compliance with HIPAA regulations and this is a big issue for us to deal with. Other than that, which is a major hit, everything else is great. When that problem gets resolved, and if history holds, it will, I would recommend it to anybody and everybody.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try them and you will like them....long term user

Increasing organization while reducing paperwork. Easy to train users. Although nobody likes to be audited, it is part of our industry. So now an auditor can come to one location, the corporate office, and audit any or all of our offices. In the past, we would have to get a listing of what the auditor needed from one of our offices, then that office would have to gather the data and FedEx it to us. Now I just create a login for the auditor, copy the requested records from their static location in eFileCabinet, to the auditors cabinet/drawer and everyone does their job.

eFileCabinet review by Ricky J.
Ricky J.

"eFilecabinet has a great vision but needs work to become an industry standard."

What do you like best?

Their software support is great. The basic vision of the software and layout of the software (especially the latest version) is done very well.

What do you dislike?

Our company has 7 efilecabinet online users and we all dislike the new changes for "storing and saving as" for imported documents (print, scan, upload). All imported documents have to default to one folder instead of letting you choose "save as" where you would like to store the document(s). This option used to be available and now it isn't with their new sidekick and 2.0 software. I have spoken with their support teams for over a year now and get the run around that this will be brought back in a future version yet isn't. It seems unnecessary to change the workflow that worked efficiently for many. Especially for the price that is charged for this software.

Other items that are disliked are the install and configuration process of the desktop client(s) of the legacy software and for the new 2.0 software (sidekick, etc). Many times, things don't install correctly and you have to go on google to find out why, or contact their support, or a new windows update breaks the efilecabinet scanner or printer. It's very disappointing to have to allocate our IT resources to these items for the price that is charged for this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They have a good vision but the software isn't quite there yet. The installation is a hit or miss, and juggling back and forth between the desktop sidekick software and the web browser and having to hit refresh is very confusing to the users.

Not being able to choose where an imported document is stored and being forced for all imported documents to be stored in ONE folder is very disappointing and annoying too. So please consider these items before purchasing this software which comes at a pretty high price which should include the above instead of exclude them.

We have gone paperless using this software which is a huge benefit. We can search documents, search for documents, etc instead of having to file through a file cabinet.

eFileCabinet review by Lauri P.
Lauri P.

"I had a terrible experience with this software and I would not recommend it. "

What do you like best?

I do not like this software at all. I had nothing but issues with it from the very beginning, literally spent entire days working with their tech support people and it still didn't work. I switched to another solution even though I'm paid up with eFileCabinet through April - it was costing us too much money in time and productivity.

What do you dislike?

The sync tool didn't work, it crashed my computer constantly and I spent days with tech support and it still wasn't fixed. My remote workers couldn't access files because they never syned.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would not recommend this product at all.

None - I thoroughly detested this software. Also, by their own admission - they messed up my monthly billing, and did not bill be for several months in a row, then when they tried to bill me a huge amount at one time it didn't go through on my credit card and they shut me down without any notice, again causing me huge amounts of lost time in productivity. When I finally managed to talk to the Accounting Manager he admitted that it was their mistake.

eFileCabinet review by Michael E.
Michael E.

"Excellent Document Management System"

What do you like best?

The ease of moving files from one location to another. No matter where the file is you can drop it into a cabinet and it will move automatically. I like the fact that I can control what cabinets, drawers, and files my co-workers and customers can see. I have total control over all of my documentation. Also, if a customer requests a certain document, EFC makes it simple with SecureDrawer. Excellent software and so thankful for it.

What do you dislike?

The only dislike I have is that when you move a file, it doesn't ask if you would like to delete the previous location of that file. You are moving a copy of the file, not the entire file which I think would be beneficial.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Once you have it installed and you begin to work with the features, you will be amazed at the ease of use the software really is. You will find that you are spending less time looking for documents and actually doing more work if that's really possible. It's a great document manager and I am thrilled with it as well as my co-workers and upper management. I believe you will be too.

We had a really big problem with version control of our documents. That no longer exists since we instituted EFC. Also, it is so much easier in searching for documents instead of going through all the folders and locations on a personal computer.

eFileCabinet review by Richard C.
Richard C.

"Easy to use and flexible"

What do you like best?

The flexibility for the solution to handle multiple different department needs in one product is amazing. It is easy to setup, train, and manage. We were able to satisfy the needs of multiple departments and organizational leaders needs. Teams are now working in the way they want with the security management wants.

What do you dislike?

The product could evolve to handle a greater level of complexity with template file creation and workflow management. It is strong in this area. However, we have run into a few situations where our needs were more complex than it could handle.

We were trying to unify the entire organization into a single electronic filing solution. It was able to handle those needs well. It also gives us a way to securely share information with outside sources, so it eliminated the need for Dropbox/FTP type file sharing.

eFileCabinet review by Rebecca N.
Rebecca N.

"Ultimate Electronic File Cabinet"

What do you like best?

I can store all the files i need right in eFileCabinet and find them with ease.. The files can be PDF, e-mails and so much more. Works well with my bookkeeping and tax cleints. Plus it is secure so both my clients and I can access 24/7 in the cloud.

What do you dislike?

Haven't found anything to dislike yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a secure and safe electronic filing system, this is the one to choose. Reliability and support are excellent. They offer live and recorded webinars to make it easy to train staff. You can also print materials for in house manuals. Works well for all types of files and allows your to customize the types of filing system you want, but with an easy to use search feature for all types of documents.

Allowing my tax and bookkeeping clients 24/7 access to documents that they need. Protection of my files in case of natural disaster.

eFileCabinet review by Dan C.
Dan C.

"Utilized in a tax and financial services business"

What do you like best?

It is easy to store items from anywhere without scanning. I can also add commentary on the document that I am scanning to help me later remember what I did. It is preferred by my broker, HDVest Investments, and has a level of security.

What do you dislike?

I do not do templates very often (once a year sometimes) so it is hard to maintain functionality and I need to call support usually for help. There is so much in it that I do not use it to its fullest capabilities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It takes a little time to work it into your own company needs and wants but it is very easy to use.

Storage of old documents requires a lot of space which I can now eliminate.

eFileCabinet review by User

"I love the concept of auto filing documents using the zonal OCR"

What do you like best?

I obviously like the idea of having all my files stored and organized on the computer rather then in actual cabinets, it make the process so much easier, it takes a second to find any document throw their search engine, easy to share it with your boss, colleague or customer. But what I really love is the Zonal OCR engine, that files all the files for you, you tell the software what to look in the documents and how to file and it does just that, saving hours of hard work!

What do you dislike?

Talking about the Zonal that i love so much, in my opinion the software has a lot to improve still in many ways, a new version was just released and it has great improvements, but there is still a little way to go..

Filing tens of files everyday would never happen and you end up with 100s of files a week and so many hours to file them manually, with eFileCabinet and Zonal OCR, your just a click from letting it to happen

eFileCabinet review by User in Biotechnology
User in Biotechnology

"Software is not working for us the way they presented that it would wokr"

What do you like best?

It appears to be a really great system for archiving and storing files.

What do you dislike?

The sales rep told us that it would work for what we needed it to do, but we have spent several months talking with various people at eFileCabinet and we are still trying to figure out if it will indeed do what we need it to do. We have had several communication issues as well, where we got different answers from different people, or people not communicating to each other at eFileCabinet. This software also does not come with a great digital approval system (need to purchase additional software).

We are trying to digitize the process of matching invoices, packing slips, and purchase order that come in to a variety of different locations. We are also trying to get digital approves on all invoices and purchases orders. We have not been able to even get it set up with our information because we aren't even sure this product will work for us.

eFileCabinet review by Erik S.
Erik S.

"Easy Secure Filing System "

What do you like best?

Easy to set up new clients and great volume of storage space per subscription

What do you dislike?

Recent price increases were not appreciated. Frequent and often unannounced upgrades make it difficult for clients we share this with to get a consistent experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good product, a touch less intuitive with the most recent update than it used to be, but still fairly easy to use for those that are computer savvy

We can securely share documents with clients that are too large to be emailed, as well as creating a digital filing cabinet thus reducing our need for paper

eFileCabinet review by Valeria  S.
Valeria S.

"eFileCabinet On-premise "

What do you like best?

That is an innovating system and the suport they provide is excellent.

What do you dislike?

Maybe the capacitation plan they have, all by documents and videos. Maybe we could have live sessions with other companies. On the other hand, all the documentation, videos and even the software aren only available in English, eFileCabinet is a company that should be thinking on selling their products around the world. We are in Nicaragua and not everyone know english.

As a financial company, client documentation is really important. Now we are having more control on documents, we have streamlined our procesess.

eFileCabinet review by Erin M.
Erin M.

"Effective"

What do you like best?

eFilecabinet has truly been a life saving software for our office. It brings smiles to our faces and a peace of mind to our souls. If someone is looking for ways to maximize time and efficiency while being organized then this is you key to success. We could not process the large amount of paperwork that comes through our office and be effective without eFile.

What do you dislike?

We really do not have many negatives things to say about eFile software, we use it on a daily basis about 7.5 hrs of our day. It is very seamless, and beyond easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can't go wrong with your decision to team up with eFileCabinet, their staff is fantastic and it is a seamless process to get started and be able to manage.

Efficiency profitability, space, and organization skills.

eFileCabinet review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Great software design to replace physical filing cabinet"

What do you like best?

I love the simple design, modeling it after a filing cabinet so everyone can understand it. Drawers > Folders > Files. Drag and drop feature allows you to move files easily from different folders, programs, your desktop and file manager.

Folder templates allow you to easily set up standard folder structures to use for all drawers, or only the ones you choose to apply it. Makes everything look very uniform and familiar, no matter who is using it.

What do you dislike?

The few faults I have found with eFileCabinet are minor, but sometimes disrupt the flow of my day. For example, I have yet to find a way to scan documents and have them applied to the folder I am currently in. When I scan them and click Store, it always brings up the search box, and then I have to search for the drawer/file I want to store them in.

Another fault I have found that is quirky is that I am not able to drag files attached to Outlook emails into eFileCabinet. I have to save them, then drag or import them into eFileCabinet. This isn't a deal breaker, but would be nice if it allowed me to drag them, as most other programs do.

- Easy access to files without needing to dig through drawers or unfamiliar/unorganized folders.

- Less paper, if used properly, as many things don't need printed, but just stored under a client's folder.

- Easier, quicker access to files/documents if a client requests them. No longer need to pull physical file, scan and then email.

eFileCabinet review by Menno B.
Menno B.

"Have been using for a few years now"

What do you like best?

Central control, we also had tried some other ones that you had to make settings on each work station.

What do you dislike?

It is very expensive to expand, also I get a lot of crashes.

Doing an on document search also is very cumbersome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think about pricing, this is very expensive for a lot of users

The best thing is everyone can get what they need on their screen and it allows us for people to work from home

"Timesaver!"

What do you like best?

That I can work from home scanning and retrieving documents.

What do you dislike?

The redundancy of entering in the same information for repeatedly. If the system could anticipate what I was entering (as far as client names, vendor names, etc) it would be much easier. Also, a cut and paste function would be great. And a larger screen! Oh, it is easy to lose your place in scanning and entering data if you get interrupted to take a call. A "save" and go back feature would be nice. Also when actively scanning , the system won't let you look up another document until scanning is finished. As the system is now, it will let me click on a document once and a side screen appears, letting me get a preview of the document. Any document after that has be "checked out."

The main thing I dislike is the constant upgrades where I have to uninstall the software and then reinstall to update. Surely, there is a better way to update rather than having to uninstall the program!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely do a trial period and consider the input is time consuming.

Unfortunately, I still have to file paper invoices, but instead of having to sift through files to find a document, I can retrieve it from the system.

eFileCabinet review by Riley P.
Riley P.

"Minimal Use"

What do you like best?

The fact that I can store my files on the cloud and access them from anywhere if need be.

What do you dislike?

I feel like the software is clunky. It seems redundant at times and I'd like to be able to view pdf files without downloading them to my computer.

I have to keep legal files on hand for years. I don't want a huge file cabinet in my office.

eFileCabinet review by Scott S.
Scott S.

"We are extremely pleased with eFileCabinet as our electronic document storage solution!"

What do you like best?

eFileCabinet is extremely simple to use. Everyone understands it almost immediately. Their support is very helpful.

What do you dislike?

There are a few options, like default sort order, that would make it better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a very good electronic document storage solution.

We can have any client related document that we have in our system on our screens in just a few seconds.

eFileCabinet review by Bill S.
Bill S.

"It was a great software until the upgrade and now it is garbage----not very user friendly"

What do you like best?

The tag file tool is very useful 2222222222222222212

What do you dislike?

Everything else. You cannot drag and drop to an email when encryption is not needed. To many clicks to retrieve a file, not nearly as easy as before and time consuming.

The software is trying to do to much. It is supposed to be a file cabinet. The older version was much faster.

eFileCabinet review by Courtney B.
Courtney B.

"Easy, fast, perfect for our small office. "

What do you like best?

everything! It's just so easy to use and it's all right at my fingertips! Scanning is so much easier with this. Storing documents and finding them, it saves so much time.

What do you dislike?

I really don't have anything to write here because I don't dislike it.

NO MORE clutter in the office or on our desks. We can get rid of the filing cabinets!

eFileCabinet review by Bob R.
Bob R.

"eFileCabinet is great"

What do you like best?

We like that all of the files are on the computer. No more going to the file cabinet. The files can be accessed when we are out of the office. This way we have access to the files if we meet with an unplanned client on a trip.

What do you dislike?

There are occasional server outages that mean we can't access the files

Everyone is able to see the files at the same time. We are saving money on paper and other copier supplies.

eFileCabinet review by User in Oil & Energy
User in Oil & Energy

"Good solution"

What do you like best?

Templates are easy to apply, and the data flows from one folder to the next. It's a huge time saver. It is very easy to search for files.

What do you dislike?

When trying to export to Windows, having to deselect every drawer that is not needed is incredibly tedious.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it. It's streamlined and easy to use.

We needed a solution to make payroll and personnel files paperless. It's allowing us to be more efficient and more quickly access items we need.

eFileCabinet review by Administrator

"eFile Cabinet works well for our company"

What do you like best?

The templates and predefined file names.

What do you dislike?

The way you make a file or folder your favorite. When you click on a file or fold its easy to make it a favorite accidentally. Then you have to go back and change it. All though it is as easy to change as it is to make it a favorite.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great Choice

Easier to find and share documents

eFileCabinet review by MONICA R.
MONICA R.

"GREAT PRODUCT"

What do you like best?

eFile Cabinet has helped our business be more organized. It is a great product and I highly recommend this product to other businesses.

What do you dislike?

As of now i have not found anything that i have "disliked"

Finding original documents was a major problem for our business, but since starting eFile finding the files has become a much easier process.

eFileCabinet review by Jeremy A.
Jeremy A.

"Great Baseline Document Management Platform that always works but could use some additional features"

What do you like best?

the software always writes files to the document library. The software integration with outlook, excel, and word makes it quick and easy to save documents. Easily converted my prior DMS to their platform. Rightsignature integration is really nice. Securedrawer integration works nice once you figure out how to use it.

What do you dislike?

Encryption feature never works when emailing documents out. Software is sometimes slow to load the documents. Does not integrate with any tax software which means you have to tell it where to write your PDFs to. Unable to email individual pages of pdf documents.

CPA office, product has not had any downtime unlike our prior dms.

eFileCabinet review by Harold S.
Harold S.

"Easy to use "

What do you like best?

Easy to scan docs and place in their own on place on the cloud

What do you dislike?

Too hard to access at times. I use the download version and I have a really long email - Would prefer having it open where I am not timing out

No longer having to rent space for file cabinets. Saves on overhead and space requirements.

eFileCabinet review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"Great digital filing system!"

What do you like best?

This is just a better alternative to paper files. Allowed to easily make changes to documents and keep better records without have voluminous paper files.

What do you dislike?

The Secure Drawer feature could use some work, it's a little redundant to have to save files to a separate file instead of just allowing selective access to currently stored documents.

Converted our office to a paperless system fairly seamlessly with this software. Able to quickly send digital copies of files to clients more efficiently than before.

eFileCabinet review by User

"E file cabinet Document Management is okay"

What do you like best?

It does organize documents well. If you do not have encrypted computers then the encryption is a good idea.

What do you dislike?

Customer service could be much better. No need for the encryption if our computer is encrypted. NO good interaction with the portal (Secure Drawer). When I originally signed up they said I only had to pay the software once and pay for the maintenance package only when I wanted. They did not keep their promise. I ending up paying more than promised.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Other software out there that may be better

None

eFileCabinet review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Convenient and easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to move documents between drawers and save in multiple drawers when needed.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how long it takes to search files.

We have been able to move from having a paper file based system to an imaging back up system which is extremely convenient.

eFileCabinet review by User in Financial Services

"A Solid Value Option for Document Organization"

What do you like best?

The cost of the software relative to its features is very favorable. I also like the fact that it does not change the file structure or titling in such a way as to make difficult to navigate for a file through the normal windows folder system. It also makes it easy to switch to a different software in the future if desired. The latest offering includes a web portal service at no additional charge if I recall correctly, which integration looks promising.

What do you dislike?

At times the software is slow. There are some nuances that have taken some getting used to. The latest version change also changed the interface a bit it seemed which took some getting used to.

Efficient, secure storage of documents on our server. Clear organization for ease of accessibility.

eFileCabinet review by Administrator in Logistics and Supply Chain
Administrator in Logistics and Supply Chain

"Great tool for filing documents!"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and set up. Our users have all given us positive feedback and enjoy using the product.

What do you dislike?

Wish the OCR feature read information by line

Giving all of our employees access to files and storing backup documents on a server

eFileCabinet review by Administrator

"Products for all levels of businesses"

What do you like best?

I like the user friendly structure of the software. In addition, they have diffetent sizes to meet the various demands of any business platform.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything I dislike to date with this software platform.

I use it to organize my clients info in a secure cloud format as well as communicate with my clients in a secure way. This software has allowed my business to grow by adding secure cloud capabilities for my clients.

eFileCabinet review by User in Financial Services

"Great tiered system"

What do you like best?

The ability to easily apply templates amongst several clients. Permissions also protect sensative docs from being changed.

What do you dislike?

No internal method for users to annotate documents. Must have seperate software

Storing client files in an easy to find and save tiered system

eFileCabinet review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"I like the fact that I can access it anywhere"

What do you like best?

Accessibility is why I chose this product

What do you dislike?

Too many Technical Difficulties. Interrupts workflow

Storage

Learning about eFileCabinet?

* We monitor all eFileCabinet reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.