Egencia

Egencia is a travel management solution that implements cost saving policy compliance and monitor real-time changes to travel-spending with customizable controls, actionable travel intelligence, and more.

Work for Egencia?

Learning about Egencia?

Egencia Reviews

Ask Egencia a Question
Showing 48 Egencia reviews
Egencia review by <span>Lauren M.</span>
Lauren M.

"So glad we switched to Egencia!"

What do you like best?

The ease and efficiency of of the website. It is fast and reliable. We are able to use so many different types of restrictions and approval preferences that this will absolutely save us time and money. Hundreds of different types of reports and reporting features. We are seeing huge savings with the airline prices and getting much better deals on cars and hotels. Very user friendly. As an administrator, it is very easy to set up, activate and edit policy features through their website. When asking a question to the support team, they are fast and knowledgeable.

What do you dislike?

We are having a few issues with approvals being sent to the wrong manager however, this is not a huge deal and we are still working out the kinks. We have only been with Egencia a couple of weeks so we still have some bugs to work out. The issues we have had however, were solved in a timely manner and to our satisfaction.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it. The annual price and booking fees are very comparable with any other business travel website and for the money, you cannot beat the quality of product or the standard of service. Egencia will go above and beyond to make sure the customer gets everything they are asking for.

With the approval process Egencia has set up for us, we will save money on employee's booking expensive or unnecessary flights/hotels. They also have the best airline prices we have seen thus far. The fast and friendly website will keep our employees from using other websites that render us from being able to report, track or approve.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Egencia
Egencia review by <span>Shreyans P.</span>
Shreyans P.

"Egencia provides a comprehensive Corporation Travel Solution"

What do you like best?

It has been generally very easy and intuitive to utilize Egencia for travel booking. Egencia provides a seamless user interface which makes it easy to set approvals, save popular travel itineraries and consume reviews via the API integration with TravelAdvisor. It surfaces excellent prices for travel, and makes large group booking very easy to orchestrate.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app interface for Egencia can be challenging to use on the go. In addition, I have faced situations in which my booking was not fully confirmed on Egencia, as the interface can be confusing to navigate at times purview. You want to ensure that all bookings are fully verified, and therefore do not want to discover the day before your trip that your booking was in fact not confirmed and that you will need to contact Egencia to re-book your trip.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Egencia is a comprehensive corporate travel and reimbursement solution. The system is overall accessible, intuitive and provides a streamlined reimbursement schedule throughout the corporation organization.

Corporate travel is a very cumbersome challenge to tackle, and Egencia has done a great job providing the necessary tools in an intuitive interface, without over. The ability to centralize this under a corporate account certainly helps for booking flights, hotels, car rentals, etc for larger groups. The benefit of having your rewards numbers for mileage logged and store by Egencia is absolutely critical.

What Travel Management solution do you use?

Egencia review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"Great platform for booking corporate travel"

What do you like best?

I like that I can book all pieces of travel for executive level individuals on one platform. Also, the dedicated agents are more than helpful for tricky or last minute travel needs that I cannot book on my own.

What do you dislike?

There are less options for refundable flights lately, even though the airlines seem to offer them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hotel bookings can be a bit tricky. I would recommend choosing the options which have you pay the hotel directly, as those are easier to cancel/change.

It's incredibly easy to use, so it cuts out the use of travel agents. The dedicated Egencia agents are fantastic and available for tricky travel needs and for a reasonable fee, which helps to simplify the travel booking process.

Egencia review by <span>Erin K.</span>
Erin K.

"Counter productive and unreliable"

What do you like best?

It pulls in all travel resources like Expedia.

What do you dislike?

It is unreliable when you are trying to check out, you usually have to call customer support which defeats the purpose of booking on-line. The extra fees incurred for every change and customer support assistance are also inconvenient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Unless you are trying to control expenses, allow employees to continue to book travel elsewhere.

It does help over spending within the company when booking travel. However, for those who are conscious of expenses anyways, it is not a useful tool.

Egencia review by <span>Brett J.</span>
Brett J.

"Get the wheels in motion!"

What do you like best?

Bringing corporate bookings online is certainly a positive.

What do you dislike?

Had issues in the past when bookings did not finalize within Egencia, however no notifications were sent along the way. It took me reaching out to Egencia to inquire about my booking, then them "re-booking" the transaction to actually progress it through their system. Better notifications and being responsible for their system if it fails to process something accordingly. As well, more hotel options would be nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just ensure that all bookings are confirmed 100%. You don't want to find out the day before your trip that your booking was "unable to be booked and you should contact Engencia to re-book your trip."

Corporate travel happens with a number of people, each and everyday. The ability to centralize this under a corporate account certainly helps for booking flights, hotels, etc. Nice having things tied directly to the company credit card instead of having to pay out of pocket.

Egencia review by <span>Courtney M.</span>
Courtney M.

"It gets the job done"

What do you like best?

I like that my company has decided on ONE tool for us to use to book travel so I dont have to waste time price shopping around other sites

I like that the UI is recognizable and intuitive.

I like that my company has put a corporate credit card on file so i don't have to pay for travel and be reimbursed.

I like knowing that someone at my company has a record of my travel plans in case of an emergency in my destination city

I like the great pictures of the hotels

I like that TripAdvisor reviews are included

I like that I can see all my trips chronologically - hotel & air combined

What do you dislike?

I don't like the restriction that in order to fly Virgin American it has to be for both segments (out and back).

I don't like how the map refreshes when looking for hotels - its a bit slower than I'd like.

That's all i can think of

Recommendations to others considering the product

You need an internal "owner" of the product. My former employer was a customer as well, but they had a terrible implementation. The did not have a credit card on file for ease of check out, they did not list their "common destinations", and they did a terrible job with Groups and Teams. That is all much better managed at my current employer.

I wasn't the decision maker in the purchase, so I would guess the problem is too much time spent searching around, and not being aware of our annual travel spend.

Learning about Egencia?

* We monitor all Egencia reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.