Egnyte

Egnyte delivers enterprise-grade file storage & sharing for businesses by combining the speed and security of local storage with the accessibility of the cloud.

Work for Egnyte?

Learning about Egnyte?

Egnyte Reviews

Ask Egnyte a Question
Showing 165 Egnyte reviews
Egnyte review by <span>Adolfo T.</span>
Adolfo T.

"It is necessary service for business"

What do you like best?

I can say that I like in Egnyte many features: secure access, sharing and collaboration with colleagues or partners with any device. This makes my working day much easier and more productive. The ability to speed delivery of my content is so nice. And I like that it is completely automatic.

What do you dislike?

Often my files take a very long time to load, or the site will crash when something is loaded. I do not like that the maximum lifetime of the link is 2 weeks. I think it should be at least a month.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Exchange of information between employees and offices almost immediately. Back up data and share files. Sharing files inside and out, allowing clients to download and upload files.

If you are looking for a place to centralize your companies, work in it. You can also store personal files that are not intended for a public company that makes it multi-purpose.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Egnyte
Egnyte review by <span>Roselee H.</span>
Roselee H.

"Great File Storage"

What do you like best?

Most of all, I like the security of service. Very easy and secure file sharing. If you are far from the office, you can easily log into your personal account and cooperate with your colleagues or partners. You can easily exchange tasks or documents from any device convenient for you. It's also quite easy to share large files. The recipient does not even need to sign any passwords, just send them a link and they will easily looking through everything. After the last updates, the service began to work even faster. I love order, and with the help of Egnyte it's easy to organize and catalog everything.

What do you dislike?

It's very bad that the links, that I share with clients stop working after a month.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are engaged in photography, or video editing and you need to exchange large files, you should try Egnyte.

Many exchanges files between employees or other offices. We store important information on Egnyte servers. With the help of Egnyte, we finally organized our files.

What Business Content Management solution do you use?

Egnyte review by <span>Jeffrey S.</span>
Jeffrey S.

"Egnyte Does the Job, but That's it."

What do you like best?

Egnyte is a cloud storage service with some basic admin controls and a desktop app that allows you to treat it as a network drive, as well a browser-based service. It functions perfectly fine in its role as a cloud service. Data is stored without any issue and the cost is reasonable.

What do you dislike?

The customer service leaves a lot to be desired. The best way to actually get assistance is to dial in and press the button for sales, you'll be assigned a lot more value. It's not the best customer retention strategy, but in my experience, the dedicated support folks are difficult to get ahold of and have to escalate your issue more often than not because they are third-party.

The Salesforce API fails periodically leaving the office high and dry if I (IT Director) am not around. It's a quick fix, but the process isn't something that can be done without admin access and a decent base of knowledge.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As long as you come in expecting a very simple cloud storage solution, you'll have no issues at all.

We primarily use Egnyte since it pairs easily with Salesforce. The sunk cost involved in setting up the custom object in Salesforce means we are going to be sticking with Egnyte for the time being. I would not likely suggest it to another user unless they needed an extremely simple solution with very little support.

Egnyte review by <span>Christina M.</span>
Christina M.

"Good Capacity, Except No Real-Time Sharing"

What do you like best?

Overall, I really like Egnyte's capacity to integrate different types of docs and maintain cloud-based backups of everything I write and save. I especially appreciate how it maintains a few backcopies of everything, in case I mess up a draft. I work for a small development firm, and we're able to access all files through the web-based version, while also choosing whose and how many files make it to desktop backups.

What do you dislike?

The worst part about Egnyte, in my opinion, is the lack of ability to update documents in real-time by more than one user (think Google sheets, etc.). If myself and a colleague are working on the same project, we can't use a document simultaneously, without getting conflict copies. We often have to transfer to Google and then back into a Microsoft document stored in Egnyte.

Egnyte gives us access to all current and former employee's files through the web-version, from any computer--awesome! It also doesn't require me to store all of that on my laptop, saving RAM and speed. Also, this provides protection, in case of a hard drive crash.

Egnyte review by <span>Latif B.</span>
Latif B.

"Storage and Cloud both!"

What do you like best?

Egnyte is not only a storage software it also combines cloud with file sharing. It is easy to use and is quite affordable for small scale industries. Data in your Egnyte account can even be shared with whomever you want to and as it is also a cloud based storage, the administrator can even give access to other people as well. There's also an end to end encryption and can also integrate with Office Online and Google Docs.

What do you dislike?

Even though Engnyte works perfectly on Windows and iOS, Egnyte has no support for Linux. A major disadvantage for this application. I've even noticed this software to crash a few times if I am adding a huge file of more than 1.5 GB.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Backing up your data is really important and that is why I would recommend this to anyone who is in the corporate sector. Egnyte's approach to storage offers a lot of cost saving potential for small scale companies.

I use Egnyte to save all my secure data and files. This software is password protected and I can trust this application for all my confidential data. I can add media and documents through my Egnyte application on my mobile phone. As I have to keep contracts and confidential data of a lot of people whom I work with, Engyte offers an easy and affordable way to safeguard my files. There's enough storage for all my files to be kept.

Egnyte review by <span>Tyson D.</span>
Tyson D.

"Useful tools which we need at our work."

What do you like best?

I really like the way of safely access, share and cooperate with our partners from our loved device. In the cloud, our content is supplied quicker and automatically. I can authorize, audit and manage so all our needs will be in control.

What do you dislike?

All my teammates don't have any problem with this platform. This is software more gives help but not makes a harm to our process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will have the ability to work with great sharing system. To work and to install that program is simple. Actually, it is ve biggest helper for your team. I recommend to you this software.

We have always distributed our group cooperates better and our managers can simple and safely watch project application from their devices. With this platform, wi can be sure that all our folders are protected.

Egnyte review by <span>Zary G.</span>
Zary G.

"Egnyte is user-friendly and efficient"

What do you like best?

We have a big team of hundreds of employees and Egnyte has been a great way to share files and back up files when switching to new computers. Definitely easy to use and updates all documents in real time. I work from home a lot and the benefit is being able to log in to Egnyte from my home desktop and access all my files.

What do you dislike?

I have yet to have had a bad experience using Egnyte, I just got a new computer today and it has been an amazing tool in moving all of my files over, including the files on our networks shared drives

STORAGE problems are being solved with Egnyte. Some of our computers are old and occasionally crash so we've had to fall back on Egnyte to restore those files

Egnyte review by <span>William C.</span>
William C.

"Easy to use and Lightning Fast!"

What do you like best?

I use Egnyte Drive and Egntye Online. The combination of the two allows me to easily and quickly access everything I need while still making it easy to share and update others on new documents and changes. The system also works perfectly for storing and keeping Gigs of information without physically slowing my computer with that information.

What do you dislike?

There are very few things I don't like about Egnyte, any complaint I have is really with the manager of our licence as I can not delete a document if I load it into the wrong folder, though I'm sure the manager appreciates that I can't delete documents without permissions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When implementing Egntye make sure to fully train and explain the benefits of using the software. Having the ability to use the online version and Drive gives everyone the ability to really share, access, and best utilize their time without weighing on the computer. However, not understanding the software may lead to people fully downloading Drive and making the software pointless.

We use Egnyte to manage all company wide shared documents, as well as a repository for scripts. This allows everyone access to the information without everyone having a separate copy of the information on their own computer. this has freed up the entire company's hard drives and kept information more consistent as we are all looking at the same document.

Egnyte review by <span>Millard C.</span>
Millard C.

"The best for sharing"

What do you like best?

I like so much to feel cooperation with my colleagues.A Very easy way of sharing files.Nice point that I can see hole history who was attend my documents. And my more favorite that all of this I can do from any devices which I have or I like to use.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes can be slow. Once was waiting for a reply from help service. Become angry.But now I do like everything.And I'm glad that support service more loyal and helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very good Product special than you studied it well.Clear access to all files and very secure.Perfect support service which will help you all the time.

To discuss some subject become easier with one click to access all files.So people who can't be near always can attend it and see what we do or did.

Egnyte review by <span>Elroy B.</span>
Elroy B.

"So easy and a full of fun to share."

What do you like best?

Good tools at work. Great to cooperate with all my team leaders. A good way to show all of my documents and share with them. I can easily control all people who are working on my folders.

What do you dislike?

Very good solution and works well. A little bit slow. I like that support service works well and fast. I guess good platform to use. And really easy to work with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Software really works very well. Has a very strong security system. Don't worry that your documents will see people which should be far away from them.

Great ability to work with all our documents. Very great that we can check all our work. We always know what we are done. A great system which allows working on distance.

Egnyte review by <span>Chelsey C.</span>
Chelsey C.

"Works, and works solidly. "

What do you like best?

I like Egnyte's sharing capabilities. It has the same capabilities as Box, Dropbox, and many others, but with file sharing, we love that it can be shared with others with an expirable link, as well as real-time notifications. This is especially helpful to us as we're sharing financial data between business sellers and potential buyers, and allows us to keep a close eye on what is being shared and when.

What do you dislike?

The desktop sync bugs out a little more frequently than I'd love, but really it's nothing major. I just have to go in and manually restart the sync process maybe once every two weeks?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try! It works well.

The other big upside to Egnyte is that data is encrypted in transfer and at rest, allowing us to feel secure that our documents are safe.

Egnyte review by <span>Kaylee W.</span>
Kaylee W.

"Egnyte is the perfect way to store files and ensure that they won't be lost in a shared drive. "

What do you like best?

I like that I am able to log into Egnyte from my desktop as well as online.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that Egnyte sometimes doesn't connect well with Macs, so it makes working with colleagues that use Macs a little more difficult on occasion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This makes work easily accessible when you work remotely.

We have lost a lot less documents that we used to from people moving things when they shouldn't. You get updates when information is saved/updated/changed in Egnyte and I believe you can see past versions as well if you need to. It has been a life saver when I need to find documents, but I'm not connected to my work domain, so I can just use my online login.

Egnyte review by <span>Kristofor V.</span>
Kristofor V.

"Using Egnyte to best communicate among many stake holders to have a secure place to leave files"

What do you like best?

I love the security. Using Google Drive in the past, while UI is easy enough, it was not secure. When dealing with external stakeholders, we have to have a secure site we believe in.

What do you dislike?

So far, while I am relative new to using Egnyte (2 months), so I am not sure I would say that there is something glaring that I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this to any company that needs to share lots of large files in a very secure manner.

Security is the biggest problem that Egnyte is solving. We legally must have a secure place to store external stakeholder files while we work on them, and Egnyte solves that problem.

Egnyte review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Egnyte interface and features simple and fast"

What do you like best?

Egnyte has a simple user interface for creating folder structures, groups, and giving access to others on your team. The ability to password protect the URL directories shared out makes it better than a handful of other sharing platforms I have used. Versioning of assets saved in folders is seamless as long as files are named the same when uploading a new version again.

What do you dislike?

The user interface to upload files sometimes seems to skip a beat and having to try and re-upload a large file again after waiting a while can be frustrating. The desktop client that allows a folder to keep in sync from many in a group can lead to a cascading set of mass slowdowns if many people are uploading large files to directories that are shared with a group. There is no way to "queue" these to wait for a better connection other than to shut down the client. It takes a bit of educating users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Egnyte is the best of 4 different file sharing capabilities I have used at the enterprise level. It is simple, clean, fast, and allows for collaboration.

Large file sharing within an organization and to clients for a more secure method than an unprotected "Shortened URL" type link and having directories that larger groups need to access and upload/download to. Using Active Directory credentials instead of a one-off password to remember.

Egnyte review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Intuitive Interface with Helpful Task List"

What do you like best?

Egnyte has an easy to use user interface. The directory tree structure on the left after logging in is intuitive. Users have the option of sharing and setting permissions to files that they own and sharing with external users.Uploading documents is easy with drag and drop capabilities. Egnyte also integrates with DocuSign, Google Drive, SalesForce and Office 365. There is also a mobile app that you can download to your phone for mobile file management. Sharing files is easy with customized links. You can also set links to expire, be notified when users click on it, and ensure that the most recent version of the file is linked.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about Egnyte is that the app to sync desktop files is sometimes slow to update/sync files on the website; otherwise, this software works well and is easy to use. It has the basic features one would expect from an online file collaboration suite.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for basic file sharing/collaboration capabilities, Egnyte does a good job of being easy to setup and use in under on minute. User interface is intuitive and easy to use.

The business problem we were looking to solve with Egnyte was a platform where you can share and collaborate with individuals outside your organization. The benefits of Egnyte were as expected. It would be nice if there was a document format that allowed multiple users the ability to edit at once.

Egnyte review by <span>Stefan S.</span>
Stefan S.

"Scalable for the global enterprise"

What do you like best?

There are two ways to interact with Egnyte - with an offline sync and with a mounted drive. The combination allows to distribute important data throughout the salesforce automatically.

The bulk upload from a notebook is awesome since you have an exact count in the plugin. So the product gives feedback which makes it secure (and also makes the user very happy).

What do you dislike?

there are some things which could be improved in the user experience. But all in all the software works like expected.

The most annoying thing is that when sharing internally I would prefer to share a filepath from the context menu. It creates an obfuscates path which sometimes does not help because you want people also to know that the file is in that or this directory.

The integration with Office 365 could be better. To work together on documents we need to use the Office in the cloud.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It might be strange in the beginning because the interface of box or dropbox look simpler. It integrates very good in the finder on MacOs and Explorer on Windows.

I co-administrate a sales tool folder with daily to weekly updates (so sales always have the important data and factsheets offline on their machine)

I also co-adminstrate a fileshare for our partners.

The roles and the integration with our network really helped in the acceptance.

Egnyte review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Helpful When It's Working"

What do you like best?

I love being able to control how many clicks a link can have, and Egnyte makes it very simple to send large files over to my client for review. The links are short, which looks good in my emails.

What do you dislike?

Oftentimes, my files will take a very long time to upload, or the site will crash while something is uploading. I dislike that the maximum life of a link is 2 weeks. I think this should be at least a month.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Egnyte is a great way to share large files with clients or colleagues. It doesn't clog up your email, and you can be assured your email will be delivered when you're sending a link instead of a large attachment. You can set up notifications to see when people have clicked your link.

Sharing large files in a simple way.

Egnyte review by <span>Ben M.</span>
Ben M.

"Impressive cloud-based storage"

What do you like best?

Everything works very well, and very quickly.

All our office files are now stored on the Egnyte cloud server (based in San Francisco) and all our staff access the files there from our office in Japan.

Upload and download speed is very quick - mostly Word and Excel files and they additional delay is hardly noticeable. The extra delay is noticeable for larger files, but still very quick.

We have had almost no issues after 6 months using the system, and staff uptake was quick and problem-free.

The Egnyte Drive functionality allows users to map Windows Explorer to the Egnyte cloud server so there is zero learning curve.

The WebEdit functionality automates and hides the download and upload process when using the browser to edit documents stored on the cloud, so from the user point of view they are working directly on the cloud.

The user permissions and groups allow very granular control but are also easy to setup and manage.

There are also collaboration and version control functions - we've only used those a little so far, but they are again very good and I think will prove useful.

What do you dislike?

Not much. Biggest issue is pricing. Egnyte is expensive, perhaps not unreasonable for a quality product, but the pricing is based on users, rather than access. A casual worker accessing our files once a week from a shared PC is a "user" and charged at the same rate as a full-time staff member who uses the system 40 solid hours a week. It feels unfair and also makes management more difficult. To be fair, however, we were allowed to get around some of the management with a semi-locked-in fee, but we did setup a larger, long-term contract.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The cost is high so you need to be in a position to really take advantage of the system.

They will give you a 30 day trial so make the most of that, test out upload/download time but also User Management, Egnyte Drive, WebEdit and Desktop Sync. Desktop Sync does have one catch: you can only setup one per PC for a single login. So you can't have multiple logins on the same PC with different syncs setup.

A lot of the talk about Egnyte is about their Hybrid system, but we have not used or looked at that, so I can't comment.

Take the time to understand the pricing - it is not intuitive and you don't want to be caught out.

We have several office locations which, while geographically pretty close, are all still separate. We were running separate networks and file servers in each office, with the head office having some centralised control. The system was functional but the disadvantages where staffing costs for maintenance of multiple locations, physical space and cooling needs for the servers, slow access time for files at a remote location, and large costs for setup of new office locations.

Prior to Egnyte we were already using all-cloud-based applications - Gmail, etc. Egnyte was the final piece of the puzzle, completely removing the need for the local file servers and managed networks. We now have all local PCs using cloud-based applications and Egnyte for file storage, and have had no negative impact on our operations.

The additional advantage is the all files are now available remotely as well. You can access Egnyte through Gmail so we simply login to our email and select the Egnyte app.

The one area that found the Egnyte access too slow was Marketing - uploading and downloading large image and video files. For them we setup Egnyte Desktop Sync. A folder on Egnyte is synced with a folder on their local PC. Marketing staff can then work directly from the local folder, but still have their work available to others and backed up on Egnyte.

Egnyte review by <span>Melissa L.</span>
Melissa L.

"Great functionality for organization and file sharing"

What do you like best?

Egnyte is very easy to use, especially with large teams and individuals within teams. With the option to limit access based on departments is great. Also, i enjoy the fact that you are able to edit documents online with Egnyte so instead of having to download and re upload the same document, you can instead edit and save which will update the document in the folder itself. These features with many more make this tool great!

What do you dislike?

It took some time to get the updates it needed, but once they appeared the product quality was significantly upgraded.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It may take a a month or so to get used to it's true functionality but once you discover all of the hidden gems, you won't be disappointed.

This tool allows companies to upload their own files and simultaneously share files in a safe and secure manner.

Egnyte review by <span>Kristen C.</span>
Kristen C.

"Great file sharing tool"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to great new folders and upload on this platform. Before we were using drop box which is still great, but I think egnyte it better for professional purposes. It allows all the company documents to be in one place and if for any reason a computer crashes, we don't have to worry about lost files.

The link sharing function is one of my favorites and with the ability to see how many opens you got this is great for tracking purposes. I used it to send out press information and I can see who opened my link and when.

I also like the web edit so that you don't have to download the file to change it is is all online, however it does need more functionality as you can't do everything you can on desktop word or excel.

What do you dislike?

I don't think I have anything that I dislike from a functionality standpoint. Very easy to use and alot of great features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a place to centralize your companies work egnyte is it. You also can keep personal files that aren't for the public company which makes this multi-purpose.

It allows all of our company files in one place and helps with collaboration for team projects. We can also see how many versions we have of files and who edits them. It has helped with making it easier to find things and we don't have to send an email to someone just to get a logo or fact sheet. Everyone can get it themselves making people more proactive.

Egnyte review by <span>Brandon W.</span>
Brandon W.

"Not Fancy, but Highly Functional "

What do you like best?

Out of the many "file sharing/file storage" products I have used in the workplace, egnyte is by far the easiest to use. It is very simple to learn as a new user and has an approachable no frills interface.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, not much. I have used egnyte at two different places of business and my only complaints had to do with the internal setup at my previous place of work. Egnyte's ease of use can be nullified by a lack of organization on the administrative side. My last employer had too many people creating folders in public locations which made it cumbersome and difficult to navigate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Honestly, I am not aware of Egnyte's price point as I have never been an administrator or decision maker for this particular buyer. However, I will speak glowingly of the product's performance and ease of use. Frankly, I have no desire to even try a competitor at this point regardless of what Egnyte costs. If I were starting a business tomorrow Egnyte is one of the first vendors I would contact. The value of their service can not be overstated. If you are looking for secure file storage large and small, Egnyte should be the first lace you look.

Everything and I truly mean everything at my office is backed up in egnyte. We have had several occasions where an individuals pc has crashed and egnyte has bailed us out!

"Egynte Review"

What do you like best?

This software makes organizing customers and information very easy. We call it the customers "electronic folders". Which can be accessed while offline or via the internet. All of the files can easily be shared among other people and downloaded to your computer. It also syncs with email so you can send an email reminder to a group every time a folder has been updated.

What do you dislike?

Deleting information is very difficult, I actually haven't figured out how to delete folders, if it is possible. I have made typos on the title of a folder and that folder will just be stuck there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very basic but simple to use. If you want something that makes sharing files with your office this would be the way to go.

Creating customer folders, Egnyte works with our CRM and email to save things like pictures of the jobs and paper work that has been scanned in.

User in Management Consulting

"Excellent for people working on the go"

What do you like best?

Egnyte is the best! My favorite part about their system is the ability to access, review, and send files from my company's shared folder through the app on my iPhone. This makes working on the go a breeze.

What do you dislike?

When attempting to attach a file to an email, the process of navigating through the correct series of folders can sometimes take a very long time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! Don't wait. You will not regret it.

Providing global access to a shared drive of documents allowing employees around the world to access important information from any of our offices. We switched from a VPN/server system to Egnyte's cloud-based service, and the difference in response time is unreal. What used to take over a minute to open, now takes seconds. I can sync files with my desktop to work when I don't have internet access. I can share and review files on the go through the app. I can edit documents through Microsoft apps on my phone and save them to Egnyte.

The benefits are endless. If I could hug the Egnye creators, I would.

Egnyte review by <span>Kristy T.</span>
Kristy T.

"Love this!"

What do you like best?

I really like that I can have the app on my phone to upload photos, and then use the drive on my desktop to be able to retrieve the photos.

What do you dislike?

Tough to get new users up to speed on how to hook up Egnyte Drive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you keep track of how to connect to the Egnyte drive so you can show others.

This really helps when we take photos on the phone to be able to user them on our computers.

Egnyte review by <span>Dashaun G.</span>
Dashaun G.

"Egnyte Review"

What do you like best?

It was a super easy to use program/ Realy like that link could be made in the system for sending out assets. And the design was pretty great and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Searching for files was usually a pain with the search in Egnyte. For some reason it was slow, but it may have been because of the number of files we had in the system. Not sure, but was the main thing I noticed when using it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely a great product to use, with minor issues regarding the search feature. But this could also be attributed to the plan my company bought. All-in-all, great product.

It provided us with a file sharing system that also tracked who in the company uploaded, deleted, or moved files. it also allowed us to see who assessed our files from outside of the company and gave us a central location to direct media for assets and clients to upload things.

Egnyte review by <span>Emily T.</span>
Emily T.

"Fast, east to use, dependable"

What do you like best?

Egnyte has a solid third-party app library, plays nicely with both Google docs and Microsoft Office, it syncs very quickly, is secure, and is reliable. All in all, it's pretty affordable and it seems like most people can get acclimated to it very quickly.

What do you dislike?

No Linux support and many of the advanced features are for Enterprise subscribers only. Though rare, I have had this crash when uploading bigger files on occasion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great solution for sharing documents securely and in real time. This can free up an enormous amount of space on individual hard drives. You don't have to download multiple versions of a document to edit and share.

We used this to review documents with clients primarily. It seems a lo more user friendly than the alternatives and my clients didn't have issues responding immediately.

Egnyte review by <span>Niels-Marius Tørring K.</span>
Niels-Marius Tørring K.

"Administrating and using Egnyte in a small corporation"

What do you like best?

App integration on smart devices and e-mail services. Both of these have been really helpful in filesharing.

What do you dislike?

Searching for files is a pain, since files quickly will stack up. Same goes for retrieving and recovering lost/deleted files.

I also dislike that it is not a possibility to collaborate on editing a file at the same time - the last person to save the file, will overwrite the others

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a very helpfull cloud filesharing service, that works well for corporations both small and large. It is however not a cheap solution, and the service level is differentiating from time to time.

Having a cloud based live updated filesystem, is essential for working between departments, and is a huge benefit and a timesave for the everyday user. It also solves reliability issues with in-house servers - now we only have servers for backing up information

Egnyte review by <span>Emily S.</span>
Emily S.

"Easy to use, flexible"

What do you like best?

-Ability to adjust sharing at the document or folder level, with multiple options such as unprotected link, pw protected link, user access/visibility.

-Egnyte Drive allows you to seamlessly access documents from your computer and save directly to Egnyte

-Previews and basic editing without having to download document

What do you dislike?

-Sometimes Egnyte Drive doesn't sync correctly automatically

-Would like to be able to lock down sharing options by user or by folder, to prevent some users from being able to accidentally share secure information in an insecure manner

-As the company's sole shared drive

-Sharing information with clients

Egnyte review by <span>Erin B.</span>
Erin B.

"Egnyte - Great for Remote Offices"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to edit documents on your desktop while still being able to save them in the Egnyte system. It saves me from having to upload a new document every time I make edits.

What do you dislike?

The layout looks a little "old school" but really there isn't anything I truly dislike about Egnyte.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We use Egnyte in addition to another file sharing software in order to limit access to some of the organization's more sensitive materials. While Egnyte is a great software, I would certainly look into several file sharing softwares before purchasing.

Egnyte helps our organization (which has staff located across the country) effectively store and edit important documents. As a result, it saves us time.

Egnyte review by <span>Cindy A.</span>
Cindy A.

"Very Useful for Sharing Large Files"

What do you like best?

I like using Egnyte to store large files, such as high resolution photographs and video clips, then I can quickly create a link to share with news media contacts. Recipients can view the content without signing in and I don’t clog up anyone’s inbox with huge attachments.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like that all links default to expiring in just one month but I can easily change it to three months.

I no longer have to worry about clogging up

Inboxes with large attachments.

Egnyte review by Administrator in Accounting
Administrator in Accounting

"Great document management"

What do you like best?

Egnyte provides lots of short training videos to advise how to fully use the product within your organization. If there is a question about the functionality or usability of a product, it is easy to find the answer. Also, their customer service was outstanding - if there was a question you somehow couldn't find an answer to through their online help, the people were very responsive and got back to you with clear answers and suggestions for how to improve process.

Additionally, I liked the layout of the site - it was very easy to follow and pleasing to the eye. It is very well done.

What do you dislike?

I have encountered no issues with this platform and gotten no negative feedback from employees.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Egnyte is comparable to Citrix and Box.com. Have used all three and they all are strong products. Pricing could be a difference if you do not work with your sales people.

The ability to have employees in multiple locations share files in a secure manner.

Old versions are retained so if any changes will be able to refer.

The ability to have confidential documents maintained on Egnyte and only allowing those that need them to access them.

The ability to let employees access their documents without internet access by using mobile devices.

User in Construction

"Egnyte - A Contractor's Perscpective"

What do you like best?

We currently use Egnyte company wide (500+ employees). Excellent way to share documents via a server. Recent updates have made Egnyte much faster with little to no lag time when operating in a good wifi network.

What do you dislike?

The innability to give my subcontractors / architects / owners "power user" abilities wihtout paying a monthly fee. I know that we can create additional power users to add to our overall pool of users but for the group I listed above the only feature we need to share is the desktop sync syncing feature. We are trying to utilize Egynte & BlueBeam to crate a document sharing network that provides the contractor's team / subcontractors / architects / owners real time information. Right now we are limited to sending a link to a particular folder and forcing a non-power user to download the entire thing over and over and over again every time we make updates. Currently we are looking into 3rd party options to get around this snag that Egnyte has created. If this feature could be added it would seriously make Egnyte perfect (from a contractor's perspective).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compare features to others similar to Egnyte. Many companies offer the same features but with slight differences. Nothing for or against Egnyte but that would be my advice when suggesting to others.

Sharing information between employees and offices almost immediately.

Egnyte review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Egnyte provides a simple user experience "

What do you like best?

I like that I have the ability to add a shortcut to my desktop and can quickly sync all of my files and folders. In addition, sharing with others is easy and the website offers plenty of options to edit and download. The bookmark function is convenient, I can easily save folders that I frequently use at the top of my list.

What do you dislike?

I don't have many complaints when it comes to Egnyte - it does everything that I could ask for out of a software program. If anything I would say that I would like to be able to hide folders that are shared with me that I don't use. With that being said, I'd like notifications for those folders to be tagged with urgent/critical if it's something that I should be aware of.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it some time to learn all of the functions. While the website is fairly straightforward, I had some difficulty adding a shortcut to my desktop and allowing to sync from there. Without that function, I would not give it the positive review that I did.

Egnyte provides effortless options for sharing and collaborating with my team members. We're able to maintain folders and quickly reference previous projects and information. It's also served as a good resource for QAing reports. After producing the report, it is placed in the Egnyte folder where we can go and QA all of the data before sending it out.

Egnyte review by <span>Carolin A. H.</span>
Carolin A. H.

"Egnyte is pretty good but could use some improvements"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to use, not much different from how you would be saving documents onto your computer and makes sharing between people in the office much easier.

What do you dislike?

It's difficult to keep it organized. If I try to rearrange folders the changes never save. There are also a lot of synching errors making it occasionally difficult for people to find what you've saved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep things organized from the beginning because you will have trouble reorganizing later.

Ease of sharing documents across our entire region and different offices.

Egnyte review by <span>Brad C.</span>
Brad C.

"Great for File Storage"

What do you like best?

I use Egnyte for document back up and sharing. It does everything that I need it to do. I can easily store my backsups of all my files into individual folders and easily access it. If I need to share a file I can send a link out and the end user can access the file

What do you dislike?

Setting up all the correct permissions so that you only see what you need to see is a big undertaking.

Data Backup and File Sharing.

User in Management Consulting

"More of the same with other cloud stroage service "

What do you like best?

I like that it is fast and reliable most of the times. So it is more than enough but I wish my company used a more integrated service like Office 365 because it would make it way easier to send files w/o dealing with any data protection stuff.

What do you dislike?

I honestly there is nothing special or bad about the service. However, its syncing capabilities are not that well-implemented and little old as you need to save and refresh as you edit files. For example, you cannot edit files simultaneously as you could do it with Google's service or Office 365.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Egnyte is really good if you are just looking for storing your data. However, if you are looking for a service that is integrated all the way through, I would suggest you use Google or Office 365.

My company used it to store and share HR and project files.

Egnyte review by User in Computer Software

"Great for sharing and storing files"

What do you like best?

I like how we can share, but also have our own personal files which are not available to all. It's also nice that this syncs automatically with your computer.

What do you dislike?

This is likely an issue with my laptop setup, but on the old laptop, I didn't have to sign in very often, and on my current laptop, each time I want to access Egnyte from my folders, I have to sign in, and when I want to attach files to emails as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be consistent about it's use - make sure everyone is using the same version of the sync, as there are several apps.

Sharing files internally and externally, allowing clients to upload / download files as well.

Egnyte review by <span>Shannon C.</span>
Shannon C.

"Unique Way To Store "

What do you like best?

I like the fact that with egnyt you have the option to store both publicly and privately

What do you dislike?

Egnyte has an interface that is kind of confusing at first and comes off as a lot. This can be hard for some people. Also the editing within egnyte between multiple users isn't up to par as some other companies are.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A training session for employees would be an important thing. Base the decision on the size of your company and your employers willingness to learn a whole new platform.

It allows me to upload entire folders and not just singular documents making it easier for my team to see and go through.

Egnyte review by <span>Daniel S.</span>
Daniel S.

"Not impressed with Egnyte"

What do you like best?

The only thing I like about it is that it's cloud storage, which makes remote access of files seamless. I don't want to give off the wrong impression that I actually like this product, but I do like the concept of cloud storage.

What do you dislike?

Just about everything is cumbersome. File and directory permissions often prevent the drive from fully syncing, and constantly reports errors. The desktop integration is wonky and consumes lots of CPU when syncing. Any time saved by storing the data in the cloud is completely wasted with complicated procedures to access the files through the web browser, or troubleshooting missing files due to permission problems. Furthermore, I disabled the desktop sync application because it's more problem than what it's worth.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider anything else, such as ICloud, Dropbox, Sharepoint, or OneDrive. Dropbox is well integrated into the file system of the computer and doesn't require a complicated setup or management. Price-wise, I think any other option is better than Egnyte, and when you consider the human capital that is wasted when things aren't working properly, the cost is even more steep.

There have been no benefits. We use Salesforce as our customer relationship management (CRM) software and Egnyte has a Salesforce API/plugin that allows for files to be stored in relation to a record. I haven't seen a working version of the API yet, so I can't comment on any realized benefit for it's use or integration.

Egnyte review by User in Translation and Localization
User in Translation and Localization

"Strange file structure but useful for my purposes"

What do you like best?

I can organize and download files easily and securely. I can store loads of audio files without worrying about size requirements.

What do you dislike?

The file structure in Egnyte isn't super user-friendly; the links are sort of small so that it takes a lot of precision to click on them, which takes longer when you're working on intense and quick projects as I often do in Egnyte.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Explore its capabilities before you decide to use it; make sure it has all the features you want and that its security level meets your needs.

Sharing many different files with my team quickly and securely. We have been able to ensure security for our clients while still working remotely with many contractors.

Egnyte review by Agency in Design
Agency in Design

"Complete, robust file management for teams"

What do you like best?

Egnyte is a good solution for companies and enterprises who want to store and share files between teams.

It provides a robust versioning and a wide range of apps for both desktop & mobile systems.

What do you dislike?

Some of Egnyte apps are a little buggy, expecially on Mac, but they are updated often.

Being a "closed" ecosystem, Egnyte is not integrated with third-party apps such as oDrive so you must use the native Egnyte apps to access and store your files.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely a good solutions for large teams, companies and corporations.

Robust ACL file access control, ease of use. No need to rely on Wetransfer anymore to share files with people external to your team.

Our team switched from a file-system based, local file sharing solution to Egnyte and we gained a lot of benefits, expecially in security, ease of use, user access control, file versioning and sharing with external people.

Egnyte review by <span>Sarah M.</span>
Sarah M.

"Good product, serves it's purpose, works well with other systems"

What do you like best?

Best part of egnyte is that it plays well in our ecosystem of tools. we have it integrated with salesforce, our password management system and others

What do you dislike?

not an easy way to keep track of when things should be updated or when go stale. it is also very difficult to cleanly search for files

Recommendations to others considering the product

if stale files is a problem for your organization, I would recommend creating a system and process around updating material and making sure it is still the best and most up to date material before creating your structure

makes it easier for us to collaborate as a team, but it is still difficult to search for things

Egnyte review by User in Renewables & Environment
User in Renewables & Environment

"egnyte"

What do you like best?

i appreciate thecloud-syncing capability to easily access all work documents anywhere

What do you dislike?

the syncing takes a while, and sometimes overrides itself- deleting valuable work

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you need multiple people to work on the same document at the same time, this is not for you. however, if you just need a could service to back up all documentation and are okay with it not being constantly synced, this is for you! has worked for us well for a few years.

able to work collaboratively on documents. not at the same time (another flaw of the software) but all able to access central documents

Egnyte review by <span>Erin B.</span>
Erin B.

"Good "cloud" system"

What do you like best?

It's pretty easy to use, not too many bugs. Easy to copy a link and send it.

What do you dislike?

If you don't want the link to expire you have to go in and un-check the box, which of course I tend to forget to do 60% of the time. I'd like it better if the default was "link never expires"

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great Cloud system, it takes only a few minutes to learn.

It's MUCH easier to send large files and groups of files to other people. It helps the problem of "file to big to send."

Egnyte review by <span>Omolara M.</span>
Omolara M.

"Egnyte Cloud Storage"

What do you like best?

Egynte to store all our company information. it can be used as a cloud storage device. Once any employee logs onto his or her egynte you can access loads of information pertaining to specific task. it is also designed to meet each users need. Documents can also easily be sorted into different folders for ease of sorting

What do you dislike?

sometimes uploading files with folders usually takes time and procedure is usually lengthy

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes definitely, I would recommend users to use the software. Especially in the area of Cloud storage

It helps us store every confidential and day to day information so we don't loose the files. These information can also be accessed through a secure portal on the internet. Since it is cloud based

Egnyte review by <span>Kishion G.</span>
Kishion G.

"Awesome online storage tool"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that there is a downloadable app so that you can easily drop folders into and copy from the app and then it syncs with the online account.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the 2 factor authentication that requires a separate app to be downloaded to authenticate.

We are solving problems by being able to transfer large files with many different customers in many different countries and states.

Egnyte review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Amazing platform to house files"

What do you like best?

One of my favorite features is when you enter a specific folder within each folder it lets you know who uploaded what last file and when. This is extremely useful in clarification when it comes to collaborating within a large group of people online.

What do you dislike?

There is a lot of room for disorganization. This all depends on the user though and how it is managed.

Egnyte helps solves any issues when it comes to file sharing with a large group of people. It allows businesses to upload endless amounts of files and various tools (archive is one of my favorites- and how it saves the past ones) assist it making this an efficient process.

Egnyte review by <span>Lindsay H.</span>
Lindsay H.

"Excellent product that has drastically improved our efficiency"

What do you like best?

This product makes our lives so much easier. For a company that has offices in multiple cities, this system has drastically improved the efficiency of the entire company.

What do you dislike?

There are issues with the read only access when users are in different locations causes a lot of invalid copy of the file errors. There re are some instances where we might lose work if we don't pay attention to the file consistency.

Ability to work across multiple divisions/entities in different locations without having to connect via RDS. Large savings in the server storage and backup realm.

Egnyte review by <span>Jessica R.</span>
Jessica R.

"Easy for collaboration"

What do you like best?

I like being able to share a document or file with my time with ease. No one writes over the other's work - great for collaboration.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes files don't save via sync - I have to save to my desktop on occasion. But these issues are rare.

We are able to collaborate as a team and share easily.

Egnyte review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Egnyte: Organizational Mess"

What do you like best?

I enjoy that it is easy for me to upload files that all of my coworkers (local and international) can access.

It is easy to create a folder and sub folders and give access to exactly who needs to view the folders.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that is is very hard to organize the left bar files. As a company we have all of our old and current projects loaded and in folders. It then has to be categorized by campaign and then by what company and then by country. It would be better if there was a better way to organize the files rather than having to scroll down left for ages to find the folder I need and then clicking down a few more sub folders. If anything the organization takes too much time for me to find what I need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy dump for files that can be shared and edited by remote workers but hard to organize

The main business problem we solves was enabling employees to be able to view files from anywhere in the world, be able to edit the files, and then update to folders.

I have realized it is much easier for me to upload files to Egnyte rather than trying to save to Google Drive and give permission to someone every time they need access to a new campaign.

Egnyte review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"Secure and efficient "

What do you like best?

I am very impressed with the secure login for Egnyte. Also the search feature to find files is amazing and makes it easy to locate files. The file upload speed is also fast!

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is that I cannot upload an entire folder. I have to create the folder in Egnyte and then add the files. It would be nice to just drop an entire folder into the server.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great server that is easy to use and very secure.

I am able to backup all of my files and share them with my co-workers quickly and securely.

Egnyte review by User in Internet

"Ideal file server for post production delivering many small projects"

What do you like best?

The search function - so many servers don't have one or have one that takes too long & doesn't work well. Being able to search by a keyword is a huge time-saver.

I also like all of the various options that it gives you when it comes to sharing files internally & with people outside of the company, with several options on link expiration.

What do you dislike?

I have no real complaints. Egnyte is well organized & very user friendly. It's much better than any of the file servers that I've used while working at other production companies.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend Egnyte to others - especially large companies that require plenty of collaboration between different departments.

Egnyte is very helpful when it comes to gathering all important materials together at the end of a project. When our company delivers a final product to client, several departments have to upload materials. Egnyte assists with this, by giving us one centralized location that all departments have access to. This also helps with internal visibility.

*I am having upload issues & am unable to upload the screenshot of my Egnyte account to this page. But, if you give me an email address to send it to, I'll send it ASAP.

Egnyte review by <span>Richard H.</span>
Richard H.

"Very helpful for our annual audit. "

What do you like best?

Uploads are fast, directory structure is easy to establish. Security is pretty easy to establish to limit access and type of activities the user can perform

What do you dislike?

The system sends out notifications of files that have been added to the site during the day. However, it does not include any of your uploads in that notification - which would be helpful sometimes. Can not see how that can be configured.

Creating a repository of files requested by our external auditors, makes it much easier than emailing files.

Egnyte review by User in Photography
User in Photography

"Regret moving from Dropbox Pro"

What do you like best?

I like that I can mount the Egnyte drive as a local volume, and the web interface is easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the Egnyte Drive and Egnyte Desktop Sync and Egnyte Web Edit are all separate, individual apps, on top of the mobile apps. It would be nice if I could use all the features of Egnyte without having to download, install, or add on so many apps and extensions. It makes for a very fragmented experience.

Searching is slow and clunky and I do not believe to be accurate.

Egnyte is our central storage for a team of about 15 people in a company of 100+

"Online Cloud Server"

What do you like best?

The feature, I like best about Egnyte is the ability to send links to files on the network, securely.

What do you dislike?

In general, I do not like cloud based servers. Accessing files via the internet tends to decrease efficiency. Furthermore, alot of employees do not trust the Cloud and save files on their hard drives which defeats the purpose of the "network" Egntye is giving the company

A solution that Egnyte solves for my company is a cloud based network which allows for working remotely

Egnyte review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Egnyte Review"

What do you like best?

The ease to share files with colleagues and clients using a simple link is by far my favorite feature.

What do you dislike?

I wish you were able to drag and drop files between folders instead of navigating the copy/move option in a different window

My company is solving the fast pace of the industry with the ease of sharing, updating, and storing the wealth of information and files for clients. It makes what could be a messy, disorganized, difficult system- streamlined and simple.

Egnyte review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Egnyte makes file sharing easy"

What do you like best?

It’s easy to invite users to view files or create secure folders for clients to upload payroll to.

What do you dislike?

Support when random things happen such as notifications not showing was a little hard to reach.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to double check who can access a folder in order to ensure security.

Often clients try to use iCloud to share files and iCloud tends to be spotty with working. With egnyte all our files are easy to upload and refer to.

Egnyte review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Solid for Storage"

What do you like best?

Super simple for data management, drag and drop upload and simplicity for sharing files securely.

What do you dislike?

I haven't dug into this too much, but from what I have seen, the collaboration integration (excel, word, etc) is a bit clunky. This isn't our primary use case however, so no big deal.

We implemented Egnyte so we could have a centralized, secure repository for assets. All of our legacy materials are now stored here and the organization by folders has helped so we can quickly find anything needed without much hassle. This tool also complies with our security standards which is a good thing.

"Egnyte Review"

What do you like best?

It's a great tool for storing and organizing files, and it's great for sharing those files with co-workers or clients.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it's not very user-friendly -- people tend to download files when they only actually intended to view them. (That's the only complaint we get from clients when we send links.)

It works great for transferring large files, and it's a really good way to keep a project's files together and easily share those files with others.

Egnyte review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Love Egnyte! "

What do you like best?

I love the cloud based file storage that looks and feels like another file drive on my computer.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that it logs me out of the system quickly. This may be a setting that our office has but I keep it pulled up all day and would like it to stay logged in.

We have staff that travels all over the country and this makes it so much easier to access our files.

Egnyte review by <span>Katherine K.</span>
Katherine K.

"Terrible GUI, you get what you pay for"

What do you like best?

General benefits of any cloud solution - version control

What do you dislike?

GUI is terrible, even with the update - treed folders are impossible to find/navigate. Sync requires clicking through 12 folders to get where you need to be. Sync is too slow and can't edit simultaneously using it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You get what you pay for. Be prepared for nonexistent support from this Indian SaaS co.

We use this to store project info securely

Egnyte review by User in Utilities
User in Utilities

"Egnyte File Server Review"

What do you like best?

I like that I have a secure place to easily store all my files. Egnyte helps me back up my files easily so I don't have to worry about losing my work. I can also easily share files with team members and external contacts and assign the level of access I choose.

What do you dislike?

I have not experienced any features I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure the file sharing is properly set up for your business.

Collaboration, sharing and security.

Egnyte review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Great Collaboration Tool "

What do you like best?

I like that you can receive confirmation that one of my links has been opened and viewed. From a compliance standpoint, that is really important. I also love that I can sync photos from my phone to a folder on Egnyte and then access them later from my laptop.

What do you dislike?

Too many emails saying that trash is being purged.

Egntye helps us to collaborate on projects. One team member can be updating a spreadsheet from home and another from the office.

Egnyte review by <span>Susan L.</span>
Susan L.

"Streamlined easy to find things file sharing app"

What do you like best?

Streamlined set up - easy to locate files - simple layout - keep for as long as you want.

What do you dislike?

Downloading a lot or large files can take a while - I had serious trouble downloading one set - it kept timing out. It was over 50 audio files.

You cannot print out a report of the files to use to be sure you downloaded everything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a streamlined easy to navigate file sharing program, Egynte works well. Folders can be set up and you can manipulate them as needed.

A report function would be helpful, especially when you have a lot of files to download.

Downloading audio for transcription. Safety of audio, location in one place, easy access, easy assignment of files

Egnyte review by <span>Courtney B.</span>
Courtney B.

"Great way to share files between colleagues"

What do you like best?

It syncs fast, easy to use, and I can use it on any device.

What do you dislike?

If 2 people are in the same file it creates a conflict copy- you have to let you colleague know when you are in the file. It can be really frustrating! It also takes a long time to sync sometimes and if you aren't paying attention it may not sync without you realizing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a great way to file stare between colleagues!

We are using Egnyte so we can access files on-site at events and in the office.

Egnyte review by User

"Easily Accesible Anywhere"

What do you like best?

My favorite part is that you can pull up your Egnyte folder online anywhere. You don’t have to use the same folder on just your desktop to access the files.

What do you dislike?

Sometime it doesn’t sync, and you don’t always know it stopped. So make sure you get the green check mark when you save a file

Share files across multiple states, without having to attach to email

Egnyte review by <span>Drithal K.</span>
Drithal K.

"Easy use "

What do you like best?

Easy to use, private, allows for custom permissions, easy to control access. Safe way to store documents and share them with clients and teams as required

What do you dislike?

sometimes challenging and easy to mistake assigning permissions to the wrong people if the curser is on the root folder,

Safety of documents and sensitive client information

Egnyte review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Much better than having to use VPN"

What do you like best?

This product allows me to access all of my work files remotely, share securely, and much more. Uploading/managing my files from the cloud has been so much better than storing them on my desktop. My computer broke a few months before we starting using Egnyte and we weren't able to recover my files. This way, that won't happen again.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. It's a great product! I don't really have any complaints at all.

1) Off-site access

2) Secure, online sharing

Egnyte review by <span>Edward S.</span>
Edward S.

"Definitely Not Best of Breed -- Not the Worst"

What do you like best?

Egnyte has similar functionality and is capable of doing most of the things of it's main competitors. Has less sync problems than Microsoft OneDrive.

What do you dislike?

Setting up access permissions and restrictions to certain files was less intuitive than other options like Box and DropBox. Ran into regular sync errors and difficulty when interfacing directly with Windows Explorer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure the cost benefit is there when considering going with Egnyte instead of a Box or DropBox solution.

Online file storage for a large number of files, particularly large file sized Microsoft Excel workbooks.

Egnyte review by <span>Mary A.</span>
Mary A.

"It did what we needed it to!"

What do you like best?

What we liked about Egnyte was that it held ALL of our files, some of which were rather large, at a decent price point.

What do you dislike?

There wasn't much to dislike. If I had to choose something, it would be that the desktop app was a little clunky.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set up a user for each one of your employees so that you know who has access to which files.

We stored all of our design files.

Egnyte review by Administrator in Oil & Energy
Administrator in Oil & Energy

"Good for Business"

What do you like best?

Cloud storage, Ease to track recent activity, Collaboration of work, Add-ins

What do you dislike?

No Multiple editing, slow searching, Multiple editing is slow and sometimes non-responsive, Trying to open PDF or Document in Egnyte will cause it to crash

Easy file sharing, Simultaneous working, Security, Working from around the world with phone app makes it easier, Private folders to store the data that you wouldn't want anyone to see it too helpful while working on policies

Egnyte review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Very useful tool for work organization."

What do you like best?

I like the bookmark function is convenient, I can easily save folders that I frequently use at the top of my list.

What do you dislike?

The search function is the worst part of using Egnyte. It could improve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Honestly it's fine, but if you have a gmail account it's just easier to use Google Drive.

It's effective in sharing documents, sending/receiving files, avoiding mailbox file size limitations.

Egnyte review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Egnyte - OK File Transfer Tool"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that you are able to easily sort and create folder structures within this tool. it helps you to easily organize your documents in a cohesive manner. this also helps when you are sharing files with other vendors or teams that may not be internal to your company. Also allows for storage of super large files.

What do you dislike?

For whatever reason, i always have issues logging into the system to retrieve the files. This is the same for my colleagues as well. The login system makes it extremely difficult for people to retrieve the necessary files. It is my only complaint.

This helped us reduce costs and removing our internal DAM system.

"Love it!"

What do you like best?

I like the layout of the program when I access it on my iPhone and how quickly the files are updated when I switch to my laptop.

What do you dislike?

I have sometimes been kicked out of a session on my phone and had to log back in. I wish it would indefinitely stay logged in.

Access to documents any time and anywhere.

Egnyte review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Videos to capture details"

What do you like best?

I really love how you can take a video of the project and later share a link for others to view the video

What do you dislike?

The saving of the video files is a bit clunky and could be easier to change the name of the file.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google drive works great without the expense

This allows you to speak details while taking the video to point out critical areas, sequence the order of operations and capture small details or nuances about the project.

Egnyte review by User in Investment Management
User in Investment Management

"File Storage and Sharing with Egnyte"

What do you like best?

The great storage and security of the files. The ability to share only certain files or folders with others.

The ability to keep someone from deleting files. It is easy to access and easy to use and understand.

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything to date that I do not like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A must if you need to share files and have the comfort of security.

The issues that we are overcoming is the ability to share files with others and have them still be secured.

Also, the ability to not have to worry about someone deleting or overwriting them.

Egnyte review by User in Environmental Services
User in Environmental Services

"Great Organizing Software"

What do you like best?

At my company this is where we file receipts and other important information that needs to be private but also easily shared across offices in different locations. It is very simple and easy to use. A great tool!

What do you dislike?

Nothing. It's a great tool. I wish I could access it straight from GoogleDrive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for file sharing across multiple locations.

Ease of access to files across multiple locations.

Egnyte review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"Efficient but drops out too much"

What do you like best?

Egnyte is a great too to sync files between users. In a small office environment, it was a great network to sync shared files and software.

What do you dislike?

The product was great, however there were times where it would drop out, files would not sync, or duplicate files were saved and therefore some employees did not know what was the most current, and if information was missing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Work with Egnyte support to ensure live syncing to reduce duplicated file saves.

We use egnyte as a file share tool, mostly between the accounting and legal team.

Egnyte review by <span>Whitney K.</span>
Whitney K.

"Egnyte for Start Ups"

What do you like best?

Being able to organize into as many folders as you would like.

What do you dislike?

The search function is the best part of using Egnyte.

Keeping multiple departments connected.

Egnyte review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Daily use for document sharing"

What do you like best?

Ease of sharing multiple large-file documents with multiple staff simultaneously.

What do you dislike?

Inability for two or more staff to edit one document at the same time. Google docs allow multiple edits, by multiple staff, at the same time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend for the need to share multiple files with various staff/offices.

Efficiency in sharing documents, reducing lag time of sending/receiving files, avoiding mailbox file size limitations.

Egnyte review by User

"A typical filesharing platform"

What do you like best?

Nothing stands out too much. I would say it is a typical filesharing platform. On par with the other guys.

What do you dislike?

The delay for files to refresh between our shared drive and Egnyte drive often takes a long time to sync. Sometimes more than 10 minutes.

We have offices in multiple states and this makes filesharing fairly simple.

"Egnyte file storage"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Ability to share large files with clients, etc. via download link. Ability to quickly access files anywhere anytime if needed. Quick upload of multiple files.

What do you dislike?

Unable to view multiple PDF files at one time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to set up and store files. Great for sharing large files with clients, etc.

Ability to store files in organized manner and access anywhere by multiple users. Easily share files with clients or media partners.

Egnyte review by <span>Courtney T.</span>
Courtney T.

"Great when it works"

What do you like best?

I really like the fact that it has online and offline ability to access your stored files.

What do you dislike?

Files can be cumbersome to upload and download and sharing links don't have an unlimited date you have to set an expiration.

Ignite allows users from all across a company or within different companies working on projects together to keep documents linked and updated.

Egnyte review by <span>Ari B.</span>
Ari B.

"Egnyte For Data Room"

What do you like best?

My company uses Egnyte for data room services for transactions. It is easy to add and remove people and give them access to specific folders.

What do you dislike?

I would like if there were better audit abilities, ease to see who opened and downloaded what files.

We use Egnyte for data room purposes.

Egnyte review by <span>Danika K.</span>
Danika K.

"File sharing made easy"

What do you like best?

The platform is very easy to use and is a good business alternative to Dropbox.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more features to take advantage of.

Our previous file sharing program could no longer be used due to security issues. Egnyte was a great option and allowed us to continue collaborating with or employees across different locations.

Egnyte review by Administrator in Investment Management
Administrator in Investment Management

"Egnyte "

What do you like best?

Egnyte makes it easy to share files with our team. I like that I can also upload larger files on the site and do bulk uploads.

What do you dislike?

Interface of Egnyte could be more modern - the folders are slightly outdated looking.

We are sharing files across teams with Egnyte - it has made presentations a lot more seamless.

Egnyte review by User in Higher Education

"Egnyte Review"

What do you like best?

possibility of naming conventions and organization

What do you dislike?

The integration with google docs is a bit quirky. My organization is a google doc user so I wish the integration worked a bit more smoothly

Organizing files and sharing content with external clients. I am able to easily manage the access my clients have to certain files. Sending a sharing link is easier than sending than sending numerous attachments through an email

Egnyte review by Administrator

"Egnyte for all of our needs"

What do you like best?

Our company can link it to our website so outsiders can also view things on Egnyte

What do you dislike?

Nothing. This software is great. I would recommend it to anyone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great software. It will help your company stay organized and on top of everything. I love this software. Can't say enough good about it. You can great as many folders and subfolders as you like.

We can publish documents to our website and they can be viewed on egnyte.

Egnyte review by <span>Marie Debbie K.</span>
Marie Debbie K.

"Great options for different systems, onine and mobile"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use, it has many options for uploading and downloading files. It can be used on your mobile.

What do you dislike?

Settings are a confusing, sometimes to set up a user takes too many steps.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is awesome for sharing documents, the support is incredibly good and they have many web training sessions.

We keep all of our info on our projects in it, so it can be access by anyone in the team. It saves a lot of time.

Egnyte review by Administrator in Civic & Social Organization
Administrator in Civic & Social Organization

"Overall positive experience "

What do you like best?

Ability to use mobile apps and share files and documents to multiple employees. Helps certain workers do remote work when needed.

What do you dislike?

Web-based function is not as user-friendly as I would like it to be. Would like more options for collaboration and other features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the desktop client over the web-based function. The apps for iphone and ipad are extremely useful for people who need to access files remotely.

Allows everyone to have access to same documents and serves as another form of backup for the company's files beyond our current backup system.

Egnyte review by <span>Maxwell D.</span>
Maxwell D.

"Excellent cloud storage"

What do you like best?

Easy to use interface both on web and through desktop app.

What do you dislike?

Needs to be a console for desktop. There shouldn’t be a need to login to the web page each time you want to change user settings.

Cloud storage that cane be accessed from anywhere.

Egnyte review by <span>Mackenzie K.</span>
Mackenzie K.

"Great cloud sync service!"

What do you like best?

We benefit from being able to set specific permissions in folder options. We have many teams that would like to share content with everyone, or only with their own team. It’s easy to configure the Desktop Sync app to sync multiple folders so employees can sync their own private folders, but also their team shared folders so they can modify the most recent document without worrying about revision issues.

What do you dislike?

Certain parts of the web service haven't migrated over to the new look yet, and can be harder to navigate.

Our users are syncing their data in case of a problem on their machine, as well as have a place to access their content remotely as many employees travel. On the administration side, we appreciate the ability to use our existing Google Apps domain as our file server as that lowers our costs.

Egnyte review by User in Legal Services
User in Legal Services

"Great file management software"

What do you like best?

The ability to mark favorite directories and access them quickly

What do you dislike?

A little difficult to search with the parameters available

Recommendations to others considering the product

None come to mind

I work in a virtual law firm and our firm is able to fully network with Egnyte with everyone working from home.

Egnyte review by <span>Tricia A.</span>
Tricia A.

"Difficult"

What do you like best?

That you can control users and use offline

What do you dislike?

That it’s hard to see which updates are current

Recommendations to others considering the product

You are still able to use offline which makes it great

We were able to have many users across the US share files with each other

Egnyte review by <span>Renee A.</span>
Renee A.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

I liked that my company could upload files for all employees to see

What do you dislike?

I didn’t use it long enough to see any downfalls

Recommendations to others considering the product

We switched to google drive and we’re disappointed. Going back to egnyte In the future

We currently don’t use it

Egnyte review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"cool company. cool logo!"

What do you like best?

again, besides the logo, we love the ability to share multiple documents and information on multiple platforms. The cross office sync is by far the coolest and most useful thing we've seen.

What do you dislike?

we don't like the pricing because competitors have more uses for a lower price. We also wanted to be able to edit the platform once we got it, not have to stick with exactly their platform.

we are trying to find new ways to share documents and other pertinent information.

Egnyte review by <span>Sam A.</span>
Sam A.

"The Egnyte Experience"

What do you like best?

As an administrator for our company's Egnyte account I find some features quite useful and pleasant to work with, such as:

1) Active Directory authentication. It's so easy to setup and integrate with our LDAP server. Add an account for a user, add them to a group that's configured for access, and you're all set.

2) The 'upload link' feature is a nice plus, so external users/clients can upload large files that emails can't handle, or eliminate the need to instruct a non technical person how to use FTP (even though it IS an option as well)

3) We subscribed to have 5 revisions of our data saved, this means if anyone accidentally deletes a file or changes anything in it, recovering the correct data saves time (and less panic mode)

4) Other additions such as expiring links, notifying when links are clicked, previews of files are really an intuitive way when dealing with a company with so many people and so much data flowing in and out. This includes the reporting feature which is quite detailed and extensive, being able to monitor minute transactions is a plus.

What do you dislike?

We are using Egnyte's hybrid option, meaning we have a local NAS drive located at a datacenter synced up to the cloud. I think they need to look at their appliance tool and try to tweak it so it performs at optimal length because there are issues with opening and saving Microsoft Office files, whether it's Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Project, Visio, sometimes users can't open a file the first time, so they have to reopen it, same goes for saving.

I dislike their Windows Egnyte drive (webdav) app, this may be due to the operating system, as we are using Egnyte Drive for Mac 1.1.1 and I've had great feedback from our Mac users, they prefer to use this method than actually having to use the samba method connecting to the NAS.

I dislike not being able to turn off email notifications for users. When an account is created for a user and file activity is a constant they automatically get bombarded with file activity emails until they disable it themselves. Would be nice for an admin to have the ability to turn the feature off, or at least have it off be default.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's all about the User Experience. As someone who works in a company that's all about the UX, I really feel they're a good investment for any business that wants to protect it's data.

We solved the issue of having our data locally in our location for security and backup reasons. Using Egnyte has benefited us with the fact we don't have to worry about data being lost, data not being available due to a blackout or downtime at our physical location due to no internet etc. At least any user with an internet connection can get access to our files easily and reliably.

Egnyte review by User in Civil Engineering
User in Civil Engineering

"Share Real Time"

What do you like best?

I like that everyone can be on the same server and editing files without waiting for someone else to finish.

What do you dislike?

Some connectivity issues but its not major.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great to use between coworkers.

Being able to share files with coworker instantly.

Egnyte review by User in Investment Banking
User in Investment Banking

"Shared drive at its truest form"

What do you like best?

The ability to login online to a portal when I’m not at a work computer is the most impeccable part. No more worrying about FTPing in or having to use a work issued laptop.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes slow but that’s expected due to server speeds.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you’re a small to midsized firm, don’t bother hiring an IT team for content management / sharing, Egnyte will suffice!

Remote access of critical files and version control.

Egnyte review by <span>Steve D.</span>
Steve D.

"Excellent option for automated backup systems"

What do you like best?

Remote Configuration, ease of setup, does not require user input.

What do you dislike?

Tends to hog bandwidth at inopportune times.

Forced backup of employee computers.

Learning about Egnyte?

* We monitor all Egnyte reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.