Egnyte

Egnyte delivers enterprise-grade file storage & sharing for businesses by combining the speed and security of local storage with the accessibility of the cloud.

Work for Egnyte?

Showing 143 Egnyte reviews
Egnyte review by <span>Adolfo T.</span>
Adolfo T.
Validated Review

It is necessary service for business

Updated On
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I can say that I like in Egnyte many features: secure access, sharing and collaboration with colleagues or partners with any device. This makes my working day much easier and more productive. The ability to speed delivery of my content is so nice. And I like that it is completely automatic.

What do you dislike?

Often my files take a very long time to load, or the site will crash when something is loaded. I do not like that the maximum lifetime of the link is 2 weeks. I think it should be at least a month.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Exchange of information between employees and offices almost immediately. Back up data and share files. Sharing files inside and out, allowing clients to download and upload files.

If you are looking for a place to centralize your companies, work in it. You can also store personal files that are not intended for a public company that makes it multi-purpose.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Egnyte
Egnyte review by <span>Roselee H.</span>
Roselee H.

Great File Storage

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Most of all, I like the security of service. Very easy and secure file sharing. If you are far from the office, you can easily log into your personal account and cooperate with your colleagues or partners. You can easily exchange tasks or documents from any device convenient for you. It's also quite easy to share large files. The recipient does not even need to sign any passwords, just send them a link and they will easily looking through everything. After the last updates, the service began to work even faster. I love order, and with the help of Egnyte it's easy to organize and catalog everything.

What do you dislike?

It's very bad that the links, that I share with clients stop working after a month.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are engaged in photography, or video editing and you need to exchange large files, you should try Egnyte.

Many exchanges files between employees or other offices. We store important information on Egnyte servers. With the help of Egnyte, we finally organized our files.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Business Content Management solution do you use?

Egnyte review by <span>Elliot R.</span>
Elliot R.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I can say that is secure access, share and cooperate with colleagues or partner with any device. This makes my working day much faster and productive. Ability to have my content delivered faster. I like that it is completely automatic.

What do you dislike?

I find just one problem but not so big. The searching ability via the site is slow. Will be great to have a good connection. Because I like that platform and in the near future I don't want to change it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I will tell you that if you will be with this software you will have the ability to have insights into use design and user conduct using system analytics. You can access corporate content on any device. For sure you will have a nice cooperative experience with users inside and outside the institution.

We enjoy monitoring all process around this solution to watch over our cloud and content in real-time, develop it takes us a few minutes. The best way to control where the business information resides.

Egnyte review by <span>Jeffrey S.</span>
Jeffrey S.
Validated Review

Egnyte Does the Job, but That's it.

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Egnyte is a cloud storage service with some basic admin controls and a desktop app that allows you to treat it as a network drive, as well a browser-based service. It functions perfectly fine in its role as a cloud service. Data is stored without any issue and the cost is reasonable.

What do you dislike?

The customer service leaves a lot to be desired. The best way to actually get assistance is to dial in and press the button for sales, you'll be assigned a lot more value. It's not the best customer retention strategy, but in my experience, the dedicated support folks are difficult to get ahold of and have to escalate your issue more often than not because they are third-party.

The Salesforce API fails periodically leaving the office high and dry if I (IT Director) am not around. It's a quick fix, but the process isn't something that can be done without admin access and a decent base of knowledge.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As long as you come in expecting a very simple cloud storage solution, you'll have no issues at all.

We primarily use Egnyte since it pairs easily with Salesforce. The sunk cost involved in setting up the custom object in Salesforce means we are going to be sticking with Egnyte for the time being. I would not likely suggest it to another user unless they needed an extremely simple solution with very little support.

Egnyte review by <span>Christina M.</span>
Christina M.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Overall, I really like Egnyte's capacity to integrate different types of docs and maintain cloud-based backups of everything I write and save. I especially appreciate how it maintains a few backcopies of everything, in case I mess up a draft. I work for a small development firm, and we're able to access all files through the web-based version, while also choosing whose and how many files make it to desktop backups.

What do you dislike?

The worst part about Egnyte, in my opinion, is the lack of ability to update documents in real-time by more than one user (think Google sheets, etc.). If myself and a colleague are working on the same project, we can't use a document simultaneously, without getting conflict copies. We often have to transfer to Google and then back into a Microsoft document stored in Egnyte.

Egnyte gives us access to all current and former employee's files through the web-version, from any computer--awesome! It also doesn't require me to store all of that on my laptop, saving RAM and speed. Also, this provides protection, in case of a hard drive crash.

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Response from Tom Bingham of Egnyte

Hi Christina,

Thank you so much for your detailed review. It's feedback from users like you that allow us to continue to improve Egnyte to better serve our customers.

I'm pleased to inform you that he have integrations with the two top productivity suites, Office 365 and G-Suite, and support co-authoring capabilities for files stored in Egnyte on both platforms. You can learn more below:

1. https://helpdesk.egnyte.com/hc/en-us/articles/216032318-Co-Authoring-with-Egnyte-s-Microsoft-Office-Online-Integration

2. https://helpdesk.egnyte.com/hc/en-us/articles/202847634-Working-with-Google-Docs-in-Egnyte

I hope you find these resources helpful.

If you would like to learn more, please feel free to reach out to your Account Manager or myself (tbingham@egnyte.com) directly.

I hope you have a great day.

-Tom Bingham

Egnyte review by <span>Latif B.</span>
Latif B.

Storage and Cloud both!

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Egnyte is not only a storage software it also combines cloud with file sharing. It is easy to use and is quite affordable for small scale industries. Data in your Egnyte account can even be shared with whomever you want to and as it is also a cloud based storage, the administrator can even give access to other people as well. There's also an end to end encryption and can also integrate with Office Online and Google Docs.

What do you dislike?

Even though Engnyte works perfectly on Windows and iOS, Egnyte has no support for Linux. A major disadvantage for this application. I've even noticed this software to crash a few times if I am adding a huge file of more than 1.5 GB.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Backing up your data is really important and that is why I would recommend this to anyone who is in the corporate sector. Egnyte's approach to storage offers a lot of cost saving potential for small scale companies.

I use Egnyte to save all my secure data and files. This software is password protected and I can trust this application for all my confidential data. I can add media and documents through my Egnyte application on my mobile phone. As I have to keep contracts and confidential data of a lot of people whom I work with, Engyte offers an easy and affordable way to safeguard my files. There's enough storage for all my files to be kept.

Learning about Egnyte?

* We monitor all Egnyte reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.