Egnyte

4.0

Egnyte delivers enterprise-grade file storage & sharing for businesses by combining the speed and security of local storage with the accessibility of the cloud.

Work for Egnyte?

Learning about Egnyte?

Egnyte Reviews

Ask Egnyte a Question
Showing 192 Egnyte reviews
Egnyte review by Allen S.
Allen S.

"Small non-profit, lots of files and collaboration needs"

What do you like best?

Simple functionality of egnyte- ease of doing the things we need to do - uploading and downloading and sharing links of large documents and files with external audiences. I also like the mobile app for in a pinch when my laptop or tablet don't make sense on the road. Has never gone down or been unaccessible in the 10+ years we have been using it.

What do you dislike?

Searching for pictures - some of the image rendering - in a file with large number of high res pics- can be a tad on the slow side but they are big files

Recommendations to others considering the product

Also, we had a subpoena recently and the Egnyte system was so easy to search and download and isolate over 5 years worth of files and documents in question that it relieved a huge headache for a small staff

Sharing info in a semi-distributed workforce; providing good member service and sharing of materials and documents. Being able to access all our stuff from anywhere and anytime. i don;t have an IT department so a "file server" is not in the picture here. it also offers really good back up functionality to ensure my employees are not going to lose all our staff if their machine crashes.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Egnyte
Egnyte review by Adolfo T.
Adolfo T.

"It is necessary service for business"

What do you like best?

I can say that I like in Egnyte many features: secure access, sharing and collaboration with colleagues or partners with any device. This makes my working day much easier and more productive. The ability to speed delivery of my content is so nice. And I like that it is completely automatic.

What do you dislike?

Often my files take a very long time to load, or the site will crash when something is loaded. I do not like that the maximum lifetime of the link is 2 weeks. I think it should be at least a month.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Exchange of information between employees and offices almost immediately. Back up data and share files. Sharing files inside and out, allowing clients to download and upload files.

If you are looking for a place to centralize your companies, work in it. You can also store personal files that are not intended for a public company that makes it multi-purpose.

What Business Content Management solution do you use?

Egnyte review by Roselee H.
Roselee H.

"Great File Storage"

What do you like best?

Most of all, I like the security of service. Very easy and secure file sharing. If you are far from the office, you can easily log into your personal account and cooperate with your colleagues or partners. You can easily exchange tasks or documents from any device convenient for you. It's also quite easy to share large files. The recipient does not even need to sign any passwords, just send them a link and they will easily looking through everything. After the last updates, the service began to work even faster. I love order, and with the help of Egnyte it's easy to organize and catalog everything.

What do you dislike?

It's very bad that the links, that I share with clients stop working after a month.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are engaged in photography, or video editing and you need to exchange large files, you should try Egnyte.

Many exchanges files between employees or other offices. We store important information on Egnyte servers. With the help of Egnyte, we finally organized our files.

Egnyte review by Fatima D.
Fatima D.

"Fácil de usar"

What do you like best?

Permite diferentes tipos de documentos que son accesibles sin problemas de manera fácil y directa. Es muy sencillo administrar quien tiene acceso a cada documento. También facilita la organización de documentos y archivos que se realizan en cada proyecto, además nos da una sensación de seguridad importante.

What do you dislike?

No hay nada concreto que me desagrade, por decir algo la interfaz puede ser algo confusa para nuevos usuarios.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buen producto que cumple con creces su función, acceso a tus documentos de manera rápida y segura, compartelos sin necesidad de correo electrónico, con un servicio al cliente perfecto.

La facilidad de acceder a tus documentos en cualquier parte solo con tener acceso a internet. Compartir documentos también se ha vuelto muy fácil con este programa.

Egnyte review by Jeffrey S.
Jeffrey S.

"Egnyte Does the Job, but That's it."

What do you like best?

Egnyte is a cloud storage service with some basic admin controls and a desktop app that allows you to treat it as a network drive, as well a browser-based service. It functions perfectly fine in its role as a cloud service. Data is stored without any issue and the cost is reasonable.

What do you dislike?

The customer service leaves a lot to be desired. The best way to actually get assistance is to dial in and press the button for sales, you'll be assigned a lot more value. It's not the best customer retention strategy, but in my experience, the dedicated support folks are difficult to get ahold of and have to escalate your issue more often than not because they are third-party.

The Salesforce API fails periodically leaving the office high and dry if I (IT Director) am not around. It's a quick fix, but the process isn't something that can be done without admin access and a decent base of knowledge.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As long as you come in expecting a very simple cloud storage solution, you'll have no issues at all.

We primarily use Egnyte since it pairs easily with Salesforce. The sunk cost involved in setting up the custom object in Salesforce means we are going to be sticking with Egnyte for the time being. I would not likely suggest it to another user unless they needed an extremely simple solution with very little support.

Egnyte review by Christina M.
Christina M.

"Good Capacity, Except No Real-Time Sharing"

What do you like best?

Overall, I really like Egnyte's capacity to integrate different types of docs and maintain cloud-based backups of everything I write and save. I especially appreciate how it maintains a few backcopies of everything, in case I mess up a draft. I work for a small development firm, and we're able to access all files through the web-based version, while also choosing whose and how many files make it to desktop backups.

What do you dislike?

The worst part about Egnyte, in my opinion, is the lack of ability to update documents in real-time by more than one user (think Google sheets, etc.). If myself and a colleague are working on the same project, we can't use a document simultaneously, without getting conflict copies. We often have to transfer to Google and then back into a Microsoft document stored in Egnyte.

Egnyte gives us access to all current and former employee's files through the web-version, from any computer--awesome! It also doesn't require me to store all of that on my laptop, saving RAM and speed. Also, this provides protection, in case of a hard drive crash.

Egnyte review by Latif B.
Latif B.

"Storage and Cloud both!"

What do you like best?

Egnyte is not only a storage software it also combines cloud with file sharing. It is easy to use and is quite affordable for small scale industries. Data in your Egnyte account can even be shared with whomever you want to and as it is also a cloud based storage, the administrator can even give access to other people as well. There's also an end to end encryption and can also integrate with Office Online and Google Docs.

What do you dislike?

Even though Engnyte works perfectly on Windows and iOS, Egnyte has no support for Linux. A major disadvantage for this application. I've even noticed this software to crash a few times if I am adding a huge file of more than 1.5 GB.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Backing up your data is really important and that is why I would recommend this to anyone who is in the corporate sector. Egnyte's approach to storage offers a lot of cost saving potential for small scale companies.

I use Egnyte to save all my secure data and files. This software is password protected and I can trust this application for all my confidential data. I can add media and documents through my Egnyte application on my mobile phone. As I have to keep contracts and confidential data of a lot of people whom I work with, Engyte offers an easy and affordable way to safeguard my files. There's enough storage for all my files to be kept.

Egnyte review by Tyson D.
Tyson D.

"Useful tools which we need at our work."

What do you like best?

I really like the way of safely access, share and cooperate with our partners from our loved device. In the cloud, our content is supplied quicker and automatically. I can authorize, audit and manage so all our needs will be in control.

What do you dislike?

All my teammates don't have any problem with this platform. This is software more gives help but not makes a harm to our process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will have the ability to work with great sharing system. To work and to install that program is simple. Actually, it is ve biggest helper for your team. I recommend to you this software.

We have always distributed our group cooperates better and our managers can simple and safely watch project application from their devices. With this platform, wi can be sure that all our folders are protected.

Egnyte review by Zary G.
Zary G.

"Egnyte is user-friendly and efficient"

What do you like best?

We have a big team of hundreds of employees and Egnyte has been a great way to share files and back up files when switching to new computers. Definitely easy to use and updates all documents in real time. I work from home a lot and the benefit is being able to log in to Egnyte from my home desktop and access all my files.

What do you dislike?

I have yet to have had a bad experience using Egnyte, I just got a new computer today and it has been an amazing tool in moving all of my files over, including the files on our networks shared drives

STORAGE problems are being solved with Egnyte. Some of our computers are old and occasionally crash so we've had to fall back on Egnyte to restore those files

Egnyte review by William C.
William C.

"Easy to use and Lightning Fast!"

What do you like best?

I use Egnyte Drive and Egntye Online. The combination of the two allows me to easily and quickly access everything I need while still making it easy to share and update others on new documents and changes. The system also works perfectly for storing and keeping Gigs of information without physically slowing my computer with that information.

What do you dislike?

There are very few things I don't like about Egnyte, any complaint I have is really with the manager of our licence as I can not delete a document if I load it into the wrong folder, though I'm sure the manager appreciates that I can't delete documents without permissions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When implementing Egntye make sure to fully train and explain the benefits of using the software. Having the ability to use the online version and Drive gives everyone the ability to really share, access, and best utilize their time without weighing on the computer. However, not understanding the software may lead to people fully downloading Drive and making the software pointless.

We use Egnyte to manage all company wide shared documents, as well as a repository for scripts. This allows everyone access to the information without everyone having a separate copy of the information on their own computer. this has freed up the entire company's hard drives and kept information more consistent as we are all looking at the same document.

Egnyte review by Martin R.
Martin R.

"Another Web-based File Sharing Service"

What do you like best?

Egnyte does the web-based file synchronization and sharing thing very well. I have no issues or complaints. From an end user standpoint, one that does not pay the bills or deals with the whole enterprise, things are great. There is an app that you can use on your phone that makes it one of the better brands it there.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike. It does it's job, there's an app for your phone. If I were to nitpick I'd say that the app is a bit drab in it's UI.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Egnyte is very good at what it's supposed to do. There are many other competing brands, such as Box. Whether this is one is the one for your company depends on price and requirements.

File sharing is the heart and core of Egnyte. It allows me to access what I need most anywhere.

Egnyte review by Millard C.
Millard C.

"The best for sharing"

What do you like best?

I like so much to feel cooperation with my colleagues.A Very easy way of sharing files.Nice point that I can see hole history who was attend my documents. And my more favorite that all of this I can do from any devices which I have or I like to use.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes can be slow. Once was waiting for a reply from help service. Become angry.But now I do like everything.And I'm glad that support service more loyal and helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very good Product special than you studied it well.Clear access to all files and very secure.Perfect support service which will help you all the time.

To discuss some subject become easier with one click to access all files.So people who can't be near always can attend it and see what we do or did.

Egnyte review by Elroy B.
Elroy B.

"So easy and a full of fun to share."

What do you like best?

Good tools at work. Great to cooperate with all my team leaders. A good way to show all of my documents and share with them. I can easily control all people who are working on my folders.

What do you dislike?

Very good solution and works well. A little bit slow. I like that support service works well and fast. I guess good platform to use. And really easy to work with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Software really works very well. Has a very strong security system. Don't worry that your documents will see people which should be far away from them.

Great ability to work with all our documents. Very great that we can check all our work. We always know what we are done. A great system which allows working on distance.

Egnyte review by Chelsey C.
Chelsey C.

"Works, and works solidly. "

What do you like best?

I like Egnyte's sharing capabilities. It has the same capabilities as Box, Dropbox, and many others, but with file sharing, we love that it can be shared with others with an expirable link, as well as real-time notifications. This is especially helpful to us as we're sharing financial data between business sellers and potential buyers, and allows us to keep a close eye on what is being shared and when.

What do you dislike?

The desktop sync bugs out a little more frequently than I'd love, but really it's nothing major. I just have to go in and manually restart the sync process maybe once every two weeks?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try! It works well.

The other big upside to Egnyte is that data is encrypted in transfer and at rest, allowing us to feel secure that our documents are safe.

Egnyte review by User in Biotechnology
User in Biotechnology

"Great for collaboration"

What do you like best?

It's really easy to check out and collaborate on documents. There is no more sending attachments to people etc. It's great for version control.

What do you dislike?

The web interface vs. the desktop interface are a little different-- different coworkers use different platforms and it can get a little tricky. Also, if you are sending a link to a document, it always goes to the web interface (maybe that's just how we have it set up?)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Our employees who hate computers and can't use software don't have many issues using Egnyte, whereas training these types to use SharePoint was a multi day exercise in sadness.

It's super easy to share documents; this is a problem we've had before, since some people at my company use Macs and some use PCs-- sending docs as attachments lead to weird unpredictable problems in the past. With Egnyte, these problems somehow were lessened.

Egnyte review by Kaylee W.
Kaylee W.

"Egnyte is the perfect way to store files and ensure that they won't be lost in a shared drive. "

What do you like best?

I like that I am able to log into Egnyte from my desktop as well as online.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that Egnyte sometimes doesn't connect well with Macs, so it makes working with colleagues that use Macs a little more difficult on occasion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This makes work easily accessible when you work remotely.

We have lost a lot less documents that we used to from people moving things when they shouldn't. You get updates when information is saved/updated/changed in Egnyte and I believe you can see past versions as well if you need to. It has been a life saver when I need to find documents, but I'm not connected to my work domain, so I can just use my online login.

Egnyte review by Kristofor V.
Kristofor V.

"Using Egnyte to best communicate among many stake holders to have a secure place to leave files"

What do you like best?

I love the security. Using Google Drive in the past, while UI is easy enough, it was not secure. When dealing with external stakeholders, we have to have a secure site we believe in.

What do you dislike?

So far, while I am relative new to using Egnyte (2 months), so I am not sure I would say that there is something glaring that I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this to any company that needs to share lots of large files in a very secure manner.

Security is the biggest problem that Egnyte is solving. We legally must have a secure place to store external stakeholder files while we work on them, and Egnyte solves that problem.

Egnyte review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Egnyte interface and features simple and fast"

What do you like best?

Egnyte has a simple user interface for creating folder structures, groups, and giving access to others on your team. The ability to password protect the URL directories shared out makes it better than a handful of other sharing platforms I have used. Versioning of assets saved in folders is seamless as long as files are named the same when uploading a new version again.

What do you dislike?

The user interface to upload files sometimes seems to skip a beat and having to try and re-upload a large file again after waiting a while can be frustrating. The desktop client that allows a folder to keep in sync from many in a group can lead to a cascading set of mass slowdowns if many people are uploading large files to directories that are shared with a group. There is no way to "queue" these to wait for a better connection other than to shut down the client. It takes a bit of educating users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Egnyte is the best of 4 different file sharing capabilities I have used at the enterprise level. It is simple, clean, fast, and allows for collaboration.

Large file sharing within an organization and to clients for a more secure method than an unprotected "Shortened URL" type link and having directories that larger groups need to access and upload/download to. Using Active Directory credentials instead of a one-off password to remember.

Egnyte review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Intuitive Interface with Helpful Task List"

What do you like best?

Egnyte has an easy to use user interface. The directory tree structure on the left after logging in is intuitive. Users have the option of sharing and setting permissions to files that they own and sharing with external users.Uploading documents is easy with drag and drop capabilities. Egnyte also integrates with DocuSign, Google Drive, SalesForce and Office 365. There is also a mobile app that you can download to your phone for mobile file management. Sharing files is easy with customized links. You can also set links to expire, be notified when users click on it, and ensure that the most recent version of the file is linked.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about Egnyte is that the app to sync desktop files is sometimes slow to update/sync files on the website; otherwise, this software works well and is easy to use. It has the basic features one would expect from an online file collaboration suite.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for basic file sharing/collaboration capabilities, Egnyte does a good job of being easy to setup and use in under on minute. User interface is intuitive and easy to use.

The business problem we were looking to solve with Egnyte was a platform where you can share and collaborate with individuals outside your organization. The benefits of Egnyte were as expected. It would be nice if there was a document format that allowed multiple users the ability to edit at once.

Egnyte review by Stefan S.
Stefan S.

"Scalable for the global enterprise"

What do you like best?

There are two ways to interact with Egnyte - with an offline sync and with a mounted drive. The combination allows to distribute important data throughout the salesforce automatically.

The bulk upload from a notebook is awesome since you have an exact count in the plugin. So the product gives feedback which makes it secure (and also makes the user very happy).

What do you dislike?

there are some things which could be improved in the user experience. But all in all the software works like expected.

The most annoying thing is that when sharing internally I would prefer to share a filepath from the context menu. It creates an obfuscates path which sometimes does not help because you want people also to know that the file is in that or this directory.

The integration with Office 365 could be better. To work together on documents we need to use the Office in the cloud.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It might be strange in the beginning because the interface of box or dropbox look simpler. It integrates very good in the finder on MacOs and Explorer on Windows.

I co-administrate a sales tool folder with daily to weekly updates (so sales always have the important data and factsheets offline on their machine)

I also co-adminstrate a fileshare for our partners.

The roles and the integration with our network really helped in the acceptance.

Egnyte review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Helpful When It's Working"

What do you like best?

I love being able to control how many clicks a link can have, and Egnyte makes it very simple to send large files over to my client for review. The links are short, which looks good in my emails.

What do you dislike?

Oftentimes, my files will take a very long time to upload, or the site will crash while something is uploading. I dislike that the maximum life of a link is 2 weeks. I think this should be at least a month.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Egnyte is a great way to share large files with clients or colleagues. It doesn't clog up your email, and you can be assured your email will be delivered when you're sending a link instead of a large attachment. You can set up notifications to see when people have clicked your link.

Sharing large files in a simple way.

Egnyte review by Ben M.
Ben M.

"Impressive cloud-based storage"

What do you like best?

Everything works very well, and very quickly.

All our office files are now stored on the Egnyte cloud server (based in San Francisco) and all our staff access the files there from our office in Japan.

Upload and download speed is very quick - mostly Word and Excel files and they additional delay is hardly noticeable. The extra delay is noticeable for larger files, but still very quick.

We have had almost no issues after 6 months using the system, and staff uptake was quick and problem-free.

The Egnyte Drive functionality allows users to map Windows Explorer to the Egnyte cloud server so there is zero learning curve.

The WebEdit functionality automates and hides the download and upload process when using the browser to edit documents stored on the cloud, so from the user point of view they are working directly on the cloud.

The user permissions and groups allow very granular control but are also easy to setup and manage.

There are also collaboration and version control functions - we've only used those a little so far, but they are again very good and I think will prove useful.

What do you dislike?

Not much. Biggest issue is pricing. Egnyte is expensive, perhaps not unreasonable for a quality product, but the pricing is based on users, rather than access. A casual worker accessing our files once a week from a shared PC is a "user" and charged at the same rate as a full-time staff member who uses the system 40 solid hours a week. It feels unfair and also makes management more difficult. To be fair, however, we were allowed to get around some of the management with a semi-locked-in fee, but we did setup a larger, long-term contract.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The cost is high so you need to be in a position to really take advantage of the system.

They will give you a 30 day trial so make the most of that, test out upload/download time but also User Management, Egnyte Drive, WebEdit and Desktop Sync. Desktop Sync does have one catch: you can only setup one per PC for a single login. So you can't have multiple logins on the same PC with different syncs setup.

A lot of the talk about Egnyte is about their Hybrid system, but we have not used or looked at that, so I can't comment.

Take the time to understand the pricing - it is not intuitive and you don't want to be caught out.

We have several office locations which, while geographically pretty close, are all still separate. We were running separate networks and file servers in each office, with the head office having some centralised control. The system was functional but the disadvantages where staffing costs for maintenance of multiple locations, physical space and cooling needs for the servers, slow access time for files at a remote location, and large costs for setup of new office locations.

Prior to Egnyte we were already using all-cloud-based applications - Gmail, etc. Egnyte was the final piece of the puzzle, completely removing the need for the local file servers and managed networks. We now have all local PCs using cloud-based applications and Egnyte for file storage, and have had no negative impact on our operations.

The additional advantage is the all files are now available remotely as well. You can access Egnyte through Gmail so we simply login to our email and select the Egnyte app.

The one area that found the Egnyte access too slow was Marketing - uploading and downloading large image and video files. For them we setup Egnyte Desktop Sync. A folder on Egnyte is synced with a folder on their local PC. Marketing staff can then work directly from the local folder, but still have their work available to others and backed up on Egnyte.

Egnyte review by Melissa L.
Melissa L.

"Great functionality for organization and file sharing"

What do you like best?

Egnyte is very easy to use, especially with large teams and individuals within teams. With the option to limit access based on departments is great. Also, i enjoy the fact that you are able to edit documents online with Egnyte so instead of having to download and re upload the same document, you can instead edit and save which will update the document in the folder itself. These features with many more make this tool great!

What do you dislike?

It took some time to get the updates it needed, but once they appeared the product quality was significantly upgraded.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It may take a a month or so to get used to it's true functionality but once you discover all of the hidden gems, you won't be disappointed.

This tool allows companies to upload their own files and simultaneously share files in a safe and secure manner.

Egnyte review by Kristen C.
Kristen C.

"Great file sharing tool"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to great new folders and upload on this platform. Before we were using drop box which is still great, but I think egnyte it better for professional purposes. It allows all the company documents to be in one place and if for any reason a computer crashes, we don't have to worry about lost files.

The link sharing function is one of my favorites and with the ability to see how many opens you got this is great for tracking purposes. I used it to send out press information and I can see who opened my link and when.

I also like the web edit so that you don't have to download the file to change it is is all online, however it does need more functionality as you can't do everything you can on desktop word or excel.

What do you dislike?

I don't think I have anything that I dislike from a functionality standpoint. Very easy to use and alot of great features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a place to centralize your companies work egnyte is it. You also can keep personal files that aren't for the public company which makes this multi-purpose.

It allows all of our company files in one place and helps with collaboration for team projects. We can also see how many versions we have of files and who edits them. It has helped with making it easier to find things and we don't have to send an email to someone just to get a logo or fact sheet. Everyone can get it themselves making people more proactive.

Egnyte review by Brandon W.
Brandon W.

"Not Fancy, but Highly Functional "

What do you like best?

Out of the many "file sharing/file storage" products I have used in the workplace, egnyte is by far the easiest to use. It is very simple to learn as a new user and has an approachable no frills interface.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, not much. I have used egnyte at two different places of business and my only complaints had to do with the internal setup at my previous place of work. Egnyte's ease of use can be nullified by a lack of organization on the administrative side. My last employer had too many people creating folders in public locations which made it cumbersome and difficult to navigate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Honestly, I am not aware of Egnyte's price point as I have never been an administrator or decision maker for this particular buyer. However, I will speak glowingly of the product's performance and ease of use. Frankly, I have no desire to even try a competitor at this point regardless of what Egnyte costs. If I were starting a business tomorrow Egnyte is one of the first vendors I would contact. The value of their service can not be overstated. If you are looking for secure file storage large and small, Egnyte should be the first lace you look.

Everything and I truly mean everything at my office is backed up in egnyte. We have had several occasions where an individuals pc has crashed and egnyte has bailed us out!

"Egynte Review"

What do you like best?

This software makes organizing customers and information very easy. We call it the customers "electronic folders". Which can be accessed while offline or via the internet. All of the files can easily be shared among other people and downloaded to your computer. It also syncs with email so you can send an email reminder to a group every time a folder has been updated.

What do you dislike?

Deleting information is very difficult, I actually haven't figured out how to delete folders, if it is possible. I have made typos on the title of a folder and that folder will just be stuck there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very basic but simple to use. If you want something that makes sharing files with your office this would be the way to go.

Creating customer folders, Egnyte works with our CRM and email to save things like pictures of the jobs and paper work that has been scanned in.

Egnyte review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Useful and customizable to your needs "

What do you like best?

I love its universal search feature. Text-based content as well as file names can be indexed. Results can be yielded at lightning speeds when putting in keywords. Any file can be shared (as long as it's already uploaded in Egnyte) by means of an e-mail link. The link should be secured with a password for the intended person to view the sent content. An expiration period can also be applied based on the number of clicks or scheduled time.

What do you dislike?

Its desktop sync app needs some improvement. There's no option in changing the synced folder without going through the re-installation/uninstallation process. Folders can't be specified for syncing. A 4GB file limitation makes it difficult to use the desktop syncing feature.

Egnyte's cloud service gives a department an option to locate and synchronize files centrally from variouso locations. Resources from these locations can be made available for a customer by means of a password-protected link. Egnyte hsd plenty of room for company logo branding. This makes it an attractive alternative to Dropbox marketing-wise.

Egnyte review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Excellent for people working on the go"

What do you like best?

Egnyte is the best! My favorite part about their system is the ability to access, review, and send files from my company's shared folder through the app on my iPhone. This makes working on the go a breeze.

What do you dislike?

When attempting to attach a file to an email, the process of navigating through the correct series of folders can sometimes take a very long time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! Don't wait. You will not regret it.

Providing global access to a shared drive of documents allowing employees around the world to access important information from any of our offices. We switched from a VPN/server system to Egnyte's cloud-based service, and the difference in response time is unreal. What used to take over a minute to open, now takes seconds. I can sync files with my desktop to work when I don't have internet access. I can share and review files on the go through the app. I can edit documents through Microsoft apps on my phone and save them to Egnyte.

The benefits are endless. If I could hug the Egnye creators, I would.

Egnyte review by Kristy T.
Kristy T.

"Love this!"

What do you like best?

I really like that I can have the app on my phone to upload photos, and then use the drive on my desktop to be able to retrieve the photos.

What do you dislike?

Tough to get new users up to speed on how to hook up Egnyte Drive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you keep track of how to connect to the Egnyte drive so you can show others.

This really helps when we take photos on the phone to be able to user them on our computers.

Egnyte review by Dashaun G.
Dashaun G.

"Egnyte Review"

What do you like best?

It was a super easy to use program/ Realy like that link could be made in the system for sending out assets. And the design was pretty great and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Searching for files was usually a pain with the search in Egnyte. For some reason it was slow, but it may have been because of the number of files we had in the system. Not sure, but was the main thing I noticed when using it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely a great product to use, with minor issues regarding the search feature. But this could also be attributed to the plan my company bought. All-in-all, great product.

It provided us with a file sharing system that also tracked who in the company uploaded, deleted, or moved files. it also allowed us to see who assessed our files from outside of the company and gave us a central location to direct media for assets and clients to upload things.

Egnyte review by Emily T.
Emily T.

"Fast, east to use, dependable"

What do you like best?

Egnyte has a solid third-party app library, plays nicely with both Google docs and Microsoft Office, it syncs very quickly, is secure, and is reliable. All in all, it's pretty affordable and it seems like most people can get acclimated to it very quickly.

What do you dislike?

No Linux support and many of the advanced features are for Enterprise subscribers only. Though rare, I have had this crash when uploading bigger files on occasion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great solution for sharing documents securely and in real time. This can free up an enormous amount of space on individual hard drives. You don't have to download multiple versions of a document to edit and share.

We used this to review documents with clients primarily. It seems a lo more user friendly than the alternatives and my clients didn't have issues responding immediately.

Egnyte review by Niels-Marius Tørring K.
Niels-Marius Tørring K.

"Administrating and using Egnyte in a small corporation"

What do you like best?

App integration on smart devices and e-mail services. Both of these have been really helpful in filesharing.

What do you dislike?

Searching for files is a pain, since files quickly will stack up. Same goes for retrieving and recovering lost/deleted files.

I also dislike that it is not a possibility to collaborate on editing a file at the same time - the last person to save the file, will overwrite the others

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a very helpfull cloud filesharing service, that works well for corporations both small and large. It is however not a cheap solution, and the service level is differentiating from time to time.

Having a cloud based live updated filesystem, is essential for working between departments, and is a huge benefit and a timesave for the everyday user. It also solves reliability issues with in-house servers - now we only have servers for backing up information

Egnyte review by Emily S.
Emily S.

"Easy to use, flexible"

What do you like best?

-Ability to adjust sharing at the document or folder level, with multiple options such as unprotected link, pw protected link, user access/visibility.

-Egnyte Drive allows you to seamlessly access documents from your computer and save directly to Egnyte

-Previews and basic editing without having to download document

What do you dislike?

-Sometimes Egnyte Drive doesn't sync correctly automatically

-Would like to be able to lock down sharing options by user or by folder, to prevent some users from being able to accidentally share secure information in an insecure manner

-As the company's sole shared drive

-Sharing information with clients

Egnyte review by Erin B.
Erin B.

"Egnyte - Great for Remote Offices"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to edit documents on your desktop while still being able to save them in the Egnyte system. It saves me from having to upload a new document every time I make edits.

What do you dislike?

The layout looks a little "old school" but really there isn't anything I truly dislike about Egnyte.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We use Egnyte in addition to another file sharing software in order to limit access to some of the organization's more sensitive materials. While Egnyte is a great software, I would certainly look into several file sharing softwares before purchasing.

Egnyte helps our organization (which has staff located across the country) effectively store and edit important documents. As a result, it saves us time.

Egnyte review by Sylvia k.
Sylvia k.

"File access on different device types. "

What do you like best?

Easy to use. The design of the folders is easy for the eyes and it is easy to find what you are looking for.

What do you dislike?

It would be a good addition to have the option to simply merge the changes into the existing file instead of creating a separate copy of the file.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to upload or move files within the site, the files are essentially visible at the moment they are loaded by the opposite party.

Since all our users are remote, this solves the need to host a server and a VPN device to store our documents and shared files.

Egnyte review by Cindy A.
Cindy A.

"Very Useful for Sharing Large Files"

What do you like best?

I like using Egnyte to store large files, such as high resolution photographs and video clips, then I can quickly create a link to share with news media contacts. Recipients can view the content without signing in and I don’t clog up anyone’s inbox with huge attachments.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like that all links default to expiring in just one month but I can easily change it to three months.

I no longer have to worry about clogging up

Inboxes with large attachments.

Egnyte review by Administrator in Accounting
Administrator in Accounting

"Great document management"

What do you like best?

Egnyte provides lots of short training videos to advise how to fully use the product within your organization. If there is a question about the functionality or usability of a product, it is easy to find the answer. Also, their customer service was outstanding - if there was a question you somehow couldn't find an answer to through their online help, the people were very responsive and got back to you with clear answers and suggestions for how to improve process.

Additionally, I liked the layout of the site - it was very easy to follow and pleasing to the eye. It is very well done.

What do you dislike?

I have encountered no issues with this platform and gotten no negative feedback from employees.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Egnyte is comparable to Citrix and Box.com. Have used all three and they all are strong products. Pricing could be a difference if you do not work with your sales people.

The ability to have employees in multiple locations share files in a secure manner.

Old versions are retained so if any changes will be able to refer.

The ability to have confidential documents maintained on Egnyte and only allowing those that need them to access them.

The ability to let employees access their documents without internet access by using mobile devices.

Egnyte review by User in Construction
User in Construction

"Egnyte - A Contractor's Perscpective"

What do you like best?

We currently use Egnyte company wide (500+ employees). Excellent way to share documents via a server. Recent updates have made Egnyte much faster with little to no lag time when operating in a good wifi network.

What do you dislike?

The innability to give my subcontractors / architects / owners "power user" abilities wihtout paying a monthly fee. I know that we can create additional power users to add to our overall pool of users but for the group I listed above the only feature we need to share is the desktop sync syncing feature. We are trying to utilize Egynte & BlueBeam to crate a document sharing network that provides the contractor's team / subcontractors / architects / owners real time information. Right now we are limited to sending a link to a particular folder and forcing a non-power user to download the entire thing over and over and over again every time we make updates. Currently we are looking into 3rd party options to get around this snag that Egnyte has created. If this feature could be added it would seriously make Egnyte perfect (from a contractor's perspective).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compare features to others similar to Egnyte. Many companies offer the same features but with slight differences. Nothing for or against Egnyte but that would be my advice when suggesting to others.

Sharing information between employees and offices almost immediately.

Egnyte review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Egnyte provides a simple user experience "

What do you like best?

I like that I have the ability to add a shortcut to my desktop and can quickly sync all of my files and folders. In addition, sharing with others is easy and the website offers plenty of options to edit and download. The bookmark function is convenient, I can easily save folders that I frequently use at the top of my list.

What do you dislike?

I don't have many complaints when it comes to Egnyte - it does everything that I could ask for out of a software program. If anything I would say that I would like to be able to hide folders that are shared with me that I don't use. With that being said, I'd like notifications for those folders to be tagged with urgent/critical if it's something that I should be aware of.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it some time to learn all of the functions. While the website is fairly straightforward, I had some difficulty adding a shortcut to my desktop and allowing to sync from there. Without that function, I would not give it the positive review that I did.

Egnyte provides effortless options for sharing and collaborating with my team members. We're able to maintain folders and quickly reference previous projects and information. It's also served as a good resource for QAing reports. After producing the report, it is placed in the Egnyte folder where we can go and QA all of the data before sending it out.

Egnyte review by Carolin A. H.
Carolin A. H.

"Egnyte is pretty good but could use some improvements"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to use, not much different from how you would be saving documents onto your computer and makes sharing between people in the office much easier.

What do you dislike?

It's difficult to keep it organized. If I try to rearrange folders the changes never save. There are also a lot of synching errors making it occasionally difficult for people to find what you've saved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep things organized from the beginning because you will have trouble reorganizing later.

Ease of sharing documents across our entire region and different offices.

Egnyte review by Brad C.
Brad C.

"Great for File Storage"

What do you like best?

I use Egnyte for document back up and sharing. It does everything that I need it to do. I can easily store my backsups of all my files into individual folders and easily access it. If I need to share a file I can send a link out and the end user can access the file

What do you dislike?

Setting up all the correct permissions so that you only see what you need to see is a big undertaking.

Data Backup and File Sharing.

Egnyte review by Jenny M T.
Jenny M T.

" Easy to share documents and files using various sharing options. "

What do you like best?

I liked that it was easy to share a single document or a complete folder with a link. This made it easy to share large files such as project manuals or drawings.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally, Egnyte would stop running and would have to restart. Also large files took a long time to load and download.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You need a password to access each Egnyte folder, which helps keep private files.

My company has made many migrations in the cloud for companies and Egnyte has been used in almost all of them. Provide easy access and redundancy on any platform.

Egnyte review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"More of the same with other cloud stroage service "

What do you like best?

I like that it is fast and reliable most of the times. So it is more than enough but I wish my company used a more integrated service like Office 365 because it would make it way easier to send files w/o dealing with any data protection stuff.

What do you dislike?

I honestly there is nothing special or bad about the service. However, its syncing capabilities are not that well-implemented and little old as you need to save and refresh as you edit files. For example, you cannot edit files simultaneously as you could do it with Google's service or Office 365.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Egnyte is really good if you are just looking for storing your data. However, if you are looking for a service that is integrated all the way through, I would suggest you use Google or Office 365.

My company used it to store and share HR and project files.

Egnyte review by User in Computer Software

"Great for sharing and storing files"

What do you like best?

I like how we can share, but also have our own personal files which are not available to all. It's also nice that this syncs automatically with your computer.

What do you dislike?

This is likely an issue with my laptop setup, but on the old laptop, I didn't have to sign in very often, and on my current laptop, each time I want to access Egnyte from my folders, I have to sign in, and when I want to attach files to emails as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be consistent about it's use - make sure everyone is using the same version of the sync, as there are several apps.

Sharing files internally and externally, allowing clients to upload / download files as well.

Egnyte review by Shannon C.
Shannon C.

"Unique Way To Store "

What do you like best?

I like the fact that with egnyt you have the option to store both publicly and privately

What do you dislike?

Egnyte has an interface that is kind of confusing at first and comes off as a lot. This can be hard for some people. Also the editing within egnyte between multiple users isn't up to par as some other companies are.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A training session for employees would be an important thing. Base the decision on the size of your company and your employers willingness to learn a whole new platform.

It allows me to upload entire folders and not just singular documents making it easier for my team to see and go through.

Egnyte review by Daniel S.
Daniel S.

"Not impressed with Egnyte"

What do you like best?

The only thing I like about it is that it's cloud storage, which makes remote access of files seamless. I don't want to give off the wrong impression that I actually like this product, but I do like the concept of cloud storage.

What do you dislike?

Just about everything is cumbersome. File and directory permissions often prevent the drive from fully syncing, and constantly reports errors. The desktop integration is wonky and consumes lots of CPU when syncing. Any time saved by storing the data in the cloud is completely wasted with complicated procedures to access the files through the web browser, or troubleshooting missing files due to permission problems. Furthermore, I disabled the desktop sync application because it's more problem than what it's worth.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider anything else, such as ICloud, Dropbox, Sharepoint, or OneDrive. Dropbox is well integrated into the file system of the computer and doesn't require a complicated setup or management. Price-wise, I think any other option is better than Egnyte, and when you consider the human capital that is wasted when things aren't working properly, the cost is even more steep.

There have been no benefits. We use Salesforce as our customer relationship management (CRM) software and Egnyte has a Salesforce API/plugin that allows for files to be stored in relation to a record. I haven't seen a working version of the API yet, so I can't comment on any realized benefit for it's use or integration.

Egnyte review by User in Translation and Localization
User in Translation and Localization

"Strange file structure but useful for my purposes"

What do you like best?

I can organize and download files easily and securely. I can store loads of audio files without worrying about size requirements.

What do you dislike?

The file structure in Egnyte isn't super user-friendly; the links are sort of small so that it takes a lot of precision to click on them, which takes longer when you're working on intense and quick projects as I often do in Egnyte.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Explore its capabilities before you decide to use it; make sure it has all the features you want and that its security level meets your needs.

Sharing many different files with my team quickly and securely. We have been able to ensure security for our clients while still working remotely with many contractors.

Egnyte review by Agency in Design
Agency in Design

"Complete, robust file management for teams"

What do you like best?

Egnyte is a good solution for companies and enterprises who want to store and share files between teams.

It provides a robust versioning and a wide range of apps for both desktop & mobile systems.

What do you dislike?

Some of Egnyte apps are a little buggy, expecially on Mac, but they are updated often.

Being a "closed" ecosystem, Egnyte is not integrated with third-party apps such as oDrive so you must use the native Egnyte apps to access and store your files.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely a good solutions for large teams, companies and corporations.

Robust ACL file access control, ease of use. No need to rely on Wetransfer anymore to share files with people external to your team.

Our team switched from a file-system based, local file sharing solution to Egnyte and we gained a lot of benefits, expecially in security, ease of use, user access control, file versioning and sharing with external people.

Egnyte review by Chace A.
Chace A.

"Egnyte review"

What do you like best?

I really like the ease of use, and the cross platform compatibility I.e. iPhone app, website, etc.

What do you dislike?

I dislike links to files that expire, it is also difficult for me to easily find an old email with an Egnyte link to a file versus an old email with an attachment

Efficienciently shared documents, collaboration

Egnyte review by Pablo C.
Pablo C.

"Convenient, secure way of sharing files"

What do you like best?

That it just works, it's . a very convenient way of sharing files and keeping things organized and secure for a team.

What do you dislike?

I am satisfied with the system, perhaps the UI could be a little more tidy but really that is just nit picking, it works ok on desktop and mobile browsers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just to give it a try, the a have a free trial that should give you enough time to play around with the system and see if it fits your needs.

The ability to share files with a large audience.

Learning about Egnyte?

* We monitor all Egnyte reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.