(238 reviews)

Egnyte delivers the only modern content platform that is purpose-built for businesses. Egnyte gives IT centralized control and protection over their files, and users fast access to their content, no matter how or where work happens.

Get a 15-Day Free Trial Now!

Work for Egnyte?

Learning about Egnyte?

Egnyte Reviews

Ask Egnyte a Question
Showing 238 Egnyte reviews
Egnyte review by Amanda S.
Amanda S.

"It's basically Google Drive"

What do you like best?

User interface is very easy to use. You can link any number of programs to be able to share and create documents, our company personally uses Microsoft Office. You can upload documents you make elsewhere, even upload photos from your phone as "scans" because who has a scanner available 24/7 anymore. You have the ability to make different things private or choose who has access to what documents.

What do you dislike?

As I said this is essentially Google Drive. I haven't come across anything, myself, that I couldn't just do in Google Drive. I'm sure there must be more to it in terms of privacy, etc, but at least you know if you've ever used Google Drive you'll get the hang of this pretty easily. Is it stunning to look at with fun colors like Google? No, but I supposed that is the "business" vibe they are trying to give off. The main issue I have with Egnyte is that it requires you to reset your password every 3 months, which is annoying and makes for multiple password fast; and that it will occasionally lock others out of a document when you have it open, which when the point it to be able to group edit things, doesn't really seem helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It seems secure enough. It makes you change your password every 3 months and you have to be invited to be able to access any and all folders that your server (company) sets up. I am not sure if there is a certain capacity for data storage as ours seems to be bogged down when documents get really large. But that may be certain settings, or just internet speed in general.

As I have said this program is essentially the business version of Google Drive, with I'm assuming some added security. You have to be invited by an administrator to access all/some files within your companies drive. It works fairly well as a mobile app as it does in a browser, although the desktop app I am not a fan of, it just gets in the way and has trouble updating live.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Egnyte
Egnyte review by Chris H.
Chris H.

"Excellent Product - perfect solution for our needs"

What do you like best?

The feature I like best is the ability to connect to cloud content without storing or synchronising a local copy on a client device. It was the only product I could find that does this at a price we could afford as a non profit.

What do you dislike?

Disproportionate costs of additional features, active directory & the security package which includes 2FA would double our subscription. It would be good to see these options priced more proportionately. Some of the we link management is a bit counter intuitive. All of this is worth living with because of how good the product is in other areas.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is the best product for a certain criteria of specific needs, and the lowest price point. It is also extremely reliable. We've run it for a year and it's never not been available. I personally have experienced 100% uptime with this product, this is a big deal these days with the way technology companies are working.

Shared files and documents with people in and outside the organisation. More flexible and remote working across a variety of devices, control and security of data in case of equipment theft. Reduction of files attached to emails!

What File Storage and Sharing solution do you use?

Egnyte review by Anthony G.
Anthony G.

"Virtually the single biggest change we've made in years"

What do you like best?

We started by moving a departmental file share in Windows that were all off site (remote workers) and after the WOW set in, almost all of the other departments started falling (following) like dominoes.

We had another department using sharepoint to control document access and revisions and it never really satisfied them (enter Egnyte and webedit with permissions that work).

I like having our files onsite and having our appliance handle the sync to and from the cloud.

We have had a tremendous saving in time using link sharing (directly from the MS office plugin).

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to see some improvements to allow moving from the standard sync appliance to the new turbo appliance.

It would be helpful if some of the results in the reports were sortable by columns in the web interface instead of downloading as a CSV and having to use two screen to hunt down anything that needs to be manually expired when auditing.

I'd like to see a direct integration to workfront BY either workfront and/or egnyte instead of paying a crazy sky high fee to a third party. They could integrate with more vendors (directly).

I think the pricing for add-on storage is steep.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Roll it out in a limited fashion to get a small team to provide feedback and listen to that feedback to make changes to permissions. Then step through one business function or department at a time.

We shared over 8,000 links last year. That's a Terabyte or more of attachments that never hit email and countless files being blocked at one place or another due to type or size. That's a lot of problems solved all at once.

There is a high efficiency when you share a file rapidly from your email client without waiting for anything to upload. The recipient also sees that same efficiency because they can save the file where they want and stop using their email application as a file cabinet.

We use it as part of an file handling workflow to clients and vendors for non-sensitive files (artwork, documents). It's been in place almost 16 months and we have over 60 staff members using it regularly.

The user training seems to be easy complete and it gets adopted fast. Nothing is worthwhile if your user adoption rate is low.

Egnyte review by Kevin C.
Kevin C.

"Egnyte is simply the best cloud solution we have used todate for our business."

What do you like best?

Egnyte is simply very easy to use, especially the web interface, the Desktop App and Sync tools when compared to other cloud solutions we have used in the past. All the tools run quickly especially the desktop App which we primarily use. We do also used the Microsoft add in to our desktop office which also works very well.

What do you dislike?

The only issue I would say is for the Egnyte Office plans, they should still include Multifactor Authentication given security is such a hot issue and one which all cloud suppliers should provide as a standard.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't waste your time with other cloud solutions such as Box, Dropbox and Sharefile. In my opinion and experience they are too expensive and they have their hidden charges and app problems. Just go for it with Egnyte. I wish we had done sooner!

Using a secure cloud platform that both our users feel comfortable using that contains all the tools for them as well as including our clients when sharing important files and the ease of use for them also. The benefit has been very positive feedback from both our users and clients who have been critical with previous cloud solutions we tried.

Egnyte review by John G.
John G.

"Great Centralized Private Cloud with excellent syncing service and good sharing tools. "

What do you like best?

I love the fact that all three of of our Office NAS systems are kept up today. This allows allow for all our users to have the latest files at their fingertips. The apps that are provided are excellent and all users can access information outside the office without having to rely on a VPN.

What do you dislike?

The one major drawback that I hate is the fact as an administrator I cannot assign passwords to my uses. I understand their thinking on user security, but I disagree with their philosophy behind the decision. My users usually call me when things like passwords need changing and the fact that I cannot do this for them while they are on the line with me is infuriating, and counter productive.

There isn't much not to like, they have strong support. Their NAS syncing software had an issue which caused some headaches, but working with their tech support we were able to help them nail down a fix for it. Their last 2 or 3 NAS application updates have been great with no problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at your total amount of data that you need to store. Make sure that include enough room for growth, and make sure that you have an archive plan in place to remove older data to free up space.

Out data is synced between all offices without having to rely solely private telecom circuits and expensive software to do this job. Plus the user software has allowed us to discontinue VPN software to connect to the office servers to work from hom.

Egnyte review by Adin K.
Adin K.

"All in one place"

What do you like best?

We all love that we don't have to carry around thumb drives or other portable storage. we also always know where to look for a project file.

What do you dislike?

I have a hard time coming up with something I dislike about Egnyte.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly rcomend Egnyte. it has greatly improved productivity and given us the freedome to acces our information anywhere.

We were always storing a project file on different computers around the office or on laptops and had now central storage location. We would use thumb drives to share and it became very hard to find the latest file. Egnyte gives us a simple solution to our problem. We always know where to look for the latest file and we can access it from any computer. We can even get to them easily form our mobile devices.

Egnyte review by Allen S.
Allen S.

"Small non-profit, lots of files and collaboration needs"

What do you like best?

Simple functionality of egnyte- ease of doing the things we need to do - uploading and downloading and sharing links of large documents and files with external audiences. I also like the mobile app for in a pinch when my laptop or tablet don't make sense on the road. Has never gone down or been unaccessible in the 10+ years we have been using it.

What do you dislike?

Searching for pictures - some of the image rendering - in a file with large number of high res pics- can be a tad on the slow side but they are big files

Recommendations to others considering the product

Also, we had a subpoena recently and the Egnyte system was so easy to search and download and isolate over 5 years worth of files and documents in question that it relieved a huge headache for a small staff

Sharing info in a semi-distributed workforce; providing good member service and sharing of materials and documents. Being able to access all our stuff from anywhere and anytime. i don;t have an IT department so a "file server" is not in the picture here. it also offers really good back up functionality to ensure my employees are not going to lose all our staff if their machine crashes.

Egnyte review by Matthew V.
Matthew V.

"Egnyte is a safe and easy way to store all of your documents"

What do you like best?

I like that you can very easily set up a hierarchy, control sharing/viewing, and easily use it as a virtual drive on any computer. Also their desktop sync feature makes everything automated and easy.

What do you dislike?

There is not much that I dislike, it's hard to find any fault with anything so far as we have used this application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you do your research, I believe you'll find that Egnyte is safe, secure, easy to setup, easy to use, and easy to integrate with systems that are already in place

we are solving document storage and sharing. We have realized the benefit of getting less expensive computers due to not having to have high memory capacity, no risk of losing anything if a computer crashes, and the benefit of the mobile app to access anything anywhere.

Egnyte review by Mauro Z.
Mauro Z.

"Egnyte for Construction sites"

What do you like best?

Egnyte gave our Business a unique safe repository for all our project sites. Before of that we used to store our information on several servers only reachable via LAN or VPN connections. Now we are able to have all the data available from anytime and anywhere, the only thing we need is connection to the internet. Perfect from a security perspective as well, we do not need to pay attention to firewall rules or data protection.

What do you dislike?

This is pretty specific for Construction business but it would be useful to have some workflow implemented: this is sometime required in order to have approvals or for requesting information on specific documents to an external party.

Basically what I mentioned above: data availability and security.

Egnyte review by Adolfo T.
Adolfo T.

"It is necessary service for business"

What do you like best?

I can say that I like in Egnyte many features: secure access, sharing and collaboration with colleagues or partners with any device. This makes my working day much easier and more productive. The ability to speed delivery of my content is so nice. And I like that it is completely automatic.

What do you dislike?

Often my files take a very long time to load, or the site will crash when something is loaded. I do not like that the maximum lifetime of the link is 2 weeks. I think it should be at least a month.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Exchange of information between employees and offices almost immediately. Back up data and share files. Sharing files inside and out, allowing clients to download and upload files.

If you are looking for a place to centralize your companies, work in it. You can also store personal files that are not intended for a public company that makes it multi-purpose.

Egnyte review by Roselee H.
Roselee H.

"Great File Storage"

What do you like best?

Most of all, I like the security of service. Very easy and secure file sharing. If you are far from the office, you can easily log into your personal account and cooperate with your colleagues or partners. You can easily exchange tasks or documents from any device convenient for you. It's also quite easy to share large files. The recipient does not even need to sign any passwords, just send them a link and they will easily looking through everything. After the last updates, the service began to work even faster. I love order, and with the help of Egnyte it's easy to organize and catalog everything.

What do you dislike?

It's very bad that the links, that I share with clients stop working after a month.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are engaged in photography, or video editing and you need to exchange large files, you should try Egnyte.

Many exchanges files between employees or other offices. We store important information on Egnyte servers. With the help of Egnyte, we finally organized our files.

Egnyte review by Jose Manuel V.
Jose Manuel V.

"He's close to being the perfect cloud."

What do you like best?

What we like most is being able to access synchronized data on a server like Egnyte Turbo in our office or outter office, the ability to access our data from our smartphone or the ability to search into the trash for deleted items.

What do you dislike?

One of the things we don't like is that at the moment we don't have the possibility of working with Egnyte in our language; Spanish.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test it :)

We have several offices and being able to work from all of them on the same resources has made us much more agile. Before we could not work from home on our data and now is really comfortable and easy to do thanks to the Egnyte cloud.

Egnyte review by Fatima D.
Fatima D.

"Fácil de usar"

What do you like best?

Permite diferentes tipos de documentos que son accesibles sin problemas de manera fácil y directa. Es muy sencillo administrar quien tiene acceso a cada documento. También facilita la organización de documentos y archivos que se realizan en cada proyecto, además nos da una sensación de seguridad importante.

What do you dislike?

No hay nada concreto que me desagrade, por decir algo la interfaz puede ser algo confusa para nuevos usuarios.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buen producto que cumple con creces su función, acceso a tus documentos de manera rápida y segura, compartelos sin necesidad de correo electrónico, con un servicio al cliente perfecto.

La facilidad de acceder a tus documentos en cualquier parte solo con tener acceso a internet. Compartir documentos también se ha vuelto muy fácil con este programa.

Egnyte review by Elisabeth W.
Elisabeth W.

"Very useful tool"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to load the data. The speed of the program is something remarkable,

in general, the speed of loading and unloading is very fast. The access that each person has to a file

in particular it is very easy to control since you can assign specific permissions. The interface is simple and

You do not need previous knowledge to know how to use it in conditions.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the uploads are frozen and you have to retry. Depending on your internet connection

very heavy files may take some time to load. Otherwise, all good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Egnyte is a good option that offers several features to organize more efficiently departments of your company, share documents and more.

Access to files and documents from anywhere only with connection. To be able to organize

departments of the company so that each one has its own storage to load and store

records.

Egnyte review by Jeffrey S.
Jeffrey S.

"Egnyte Does the Job, but That's it."

What do you like best?

Egnyte is a cloud storage service with some basic admin controls and a desktop app that allows you to treat it as a network drive, as well a browser-based service. It functions perfectly fine in its role as a cloud service. Data is stored without any issue and the cost is reasonable.

What do you dislike?

The customer service leaves a lot to be desired. The best way to actually get assistance is to dial in and press the button for sales, you'll be assigned a lot more value. It's not the best customer retention strategy, but in my experience, the dedicated support folks are difficult to get ahold of and have to escalate your issue more often than not because they are third-party.

The Salesforce API fails periodically leaving the office high and dry if I (IT Director) am not around. It's a quick fix, but the process isn't something that can be done without admin access and a decent base of knowledge.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As long as you come in expecting a very simple cloud storage solution, you'll have no issues at all.

We primarily use Egnyte since it pairs easily with Salesforce. The sunk cost involved in setting up the custom object in Salesforce means we are going to be sticking with Egnyte for the time being. I would not likely suggest it to another user unless they needed an extremely simple solution with very little support.

Egnyte review by Christina M.
Christina M.

"Good Capacity, Except No Real-Time Sharing"

What do you like best?

Overall, I really like Egnyte's capacity to integrate different types of docs and maintain cloud-based backups of everything I write and save. I especially appreciate how it maintains a few backcopies of everything, in case I mess up a draft. I work for a small development firm, and we're able to access all files through the web-based version, while also choosing whose and how many files make it to desktop backups.

What do you dislike?

The worst part about Egnyte, in my opinion, is the lack of ability to update documents in real-time by more than one user (think Google sheets, etc.). If myself and a colleague are working on the same project, we can't use a document simultaneously, without getting conflict copies. We often have to transfer to Google and then back into a Microsoft document stored in Egnyte.

Egnyte gives us access to all current and former employee's files through the web-version, from any computer--awesome! It also doesn't require me to store all of that on my laptop, saving RAM and speed. Also, this provides protection, in case of a hard drive crash.

Egnyte review by Latif B.
Latif B.

"Storage and Cloud both!"

What do you like best?

Egnyte is not only a storage software it also combines cloud with file sharing. It is easy to use and is quite affordable for small scale industries. Data in your Egnyte account can even be shared with whomever you want to and as it is also a cloud based storage, the administrator can even give access to other people as well. There's also an end to end encryption and can also integrate with Office Online and Google Docs.

What do you dislike?

Even though Engnyte works perfectly on Windows and iOS, Egnyte has no support for Linux. A major disadvantage for this application. I've even noticed this software to crash a few times if I am adding a huge file of more than 1.5 GB.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Backing up your data is really important and that is why I would recommend this to anyone who is in the corporate sector. Egnyte's approach to storage offers a lot of cost saving potential for small scale companies.

I use Egnyte to save all my secure data and files. This software is password protected and I can trust this application for all my confidential data. I can add media and documents through my Egnyte application on my mobile phone. As I have to keep contracts and confidential data of a lot of people whom I work with, Engyte offers an easy and affordable way to safeguard my files. There's enough storage for all my files to be kept.

Egnyte review by Tyson D.
Tyson D.

"Useful tools which we need at our work."

What do you like best?

I really like the way of safely access, share and cooperate with our partners from our loved device. In the cloud, our content is supplied quicker and automatically. I can authorize, audit and manage so all our needs will be in control.

What do you dislike?

All my teammates don't have any problem with this platform. This is software more gives help but not makes a harm to our process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will have the ability to work with great sharing system. To work and to install that program is simple. Actually, it is ve biggest helper for your team. I recommend to you this software.

We have always distributed our group cooperates better and our managers can simple and safely watch project application from their devices. With this platform, wi can be sure that all our folders are protected.

Egnyte review by Zary G.
Zary G.

"Egnyte is user-friendly and efficient"

What do you like best?

We have a big team of hundreds of employees and Egnyte has been a great way to share files and back up files when switching to new computers. Definitely easy to use and updates all documents in real time. I work from home a lot and the benefit is being able to log in to Egnyte from my home desktop and access all my files.

What do you dislike?

I have yet to have had a bad experience using Egnyte, I just got a new computer today and it has been an amazing tool in moving all of my files over, including the files on our networks shared drives

STORAGE problems are being solved with Egnyte. Some of our computers are old and occasionally crash so we've had to fall back on Egnyte to restore those files

Egnyte review by William C.
William C.

"Easy to use and Lightning Fast!"

What do you like best?

I use Egnyte Drive and Egntye Online. The combination of the two allows me to easily and quickly access everything I need while still making it easy to share and update others on new documents and changes. The system also works perfectly for storing and keeping Gigs of information without physically slowing my computer with that information.

What do you dislike?

There are very few things I don't like about Egnyte, any complaint I have is really with the manager of our licence as I can not delete a document if I load it into the wrong folder, though I'm sure the manager appreciates that I can't delete documents without permissions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When implementing Egntye make sure to fully train and explain the benefits of using the software. Having the ability to use the online version and Drive gives everyone the ability to really share, access, and best utilize their time without weighing on the computer. However, not understanding the software may lead to people fully downloading Drive and making the software pointless.

We use Egnyte to manage all company wide shared documents, as well as a repository for scripts. This allows everyone access to the information without everyone having a separate copy of the information on their own computer. this has freed up the entire company's hard drives and kept information more consistent as we are all looking at the same document.

Egnyte review by Martin R.
Martin R.

"Another Web-based File Sharing Service"

What do you like best?

Egnyte does the web-based file synchronization and sharing thing very well. I have no issues or complaints. From an end user standpoint, one that does not pay the bills or deals with the whole enterprise, things are great. There is an app that you can use on your phone that makes it one of the better brands it there.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike. It does it's job, there's an app for your phone. If I were to nitpick I'd say that the app is a bit drab in it's UI.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Egnyte is very good at what it's supposed to do. There are many other competing brands, such as Box. Whether this is one is the one for your company depends on price and requirements.

File sharing is the heart and core of Egnyte. It allows me to access what I need most anywhere.

Egnyte review by Millard C.
Millard C.

"The best for sharing"

What do you like best?

I like so much to feel cooperation with my colleagues.A Very easy way of sharing files.Nice point that I can see hole history who was attend my documents. And my more favorite that all of this I can do from any devices which I have or I like to use.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes can be slow. Once was waiting for a reply from help service. Become angry.But now I do like everything.And I'm glad that support service more loyal and helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very good Product special than you studied it well.Clear access to all files and very secure.Perfect support service which will help you all the time.

To discuss some subject become easier with one click to access all files.So people who can't be near always can attend it and see what we do or did.

Egnyte review by Tim G.
Tim G.

"Less stress over backups and file restoration"

What do you like best?

Egnyte is easy to use and has many applications.

Egnyte's cloud backup is seamless and very intuitive .

Egnyte is better that an FTP and virtually eliminates the need for a VPN.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that is a little odd is the ability to find a file if it has been renamed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consolidate drop boxes and google drives.

Permissions management is a breeze.

Cloud backup and access is a necessity in today's business environment.

We use Egnyte for file transfer, user management and have eliminated our need for a VPN.

Thus saving a lot of time and money.

Egnyte review by Elroy B.
Elroy B.

"So easy and a full of fun to share."

What do you like best?

Good tools at work. Great to cooperate with all my team leaders. A good way to show all of my documents and share with them. I can easily control all people who are working on my folders.

What do you dislike?

Very good solution and works well. A little bit slow. I like that support service works well and fast. I guess good platform to use. And really easy to work with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Software really works very well. Has a very strong security system. Don't worry that your documents will see people which should be far away from them.

Great ability to work with all our documents. Very great that we can check all our work. We always know what we are done. A great system which allows working on distance.

Egnyte review by Chelsey C.
Chelsey C.

"Works, and works solidly. "

What do you like best?

I like Egnyte's sharing capabilities. It has the same capabilities as Box, Dropbox, and many others, but with file sharing, we love that it can be shared with others with an expirable link, as well as real-time notifications. This is especially helpful to us as we're sharing financial data between business sellers and potential buyers, and allows us to keep a close eye on what is being shared and when.

What do you dislike?

The desktop sync bugs out a little more frequently than I'd love, but really it's nothing major. I just have to go in and manually restart the sync process maybe once every two weeks?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try! It works well.

The other big upside to Egnyte is that data is encrypted in transfer and at rest, allowing us to feel secure that our documents are safe.

Egnyte review by User in Biotechnology
User in Biotechnology

"Great for collaboration"

What do you like best?

It's really easy to check out and collaborate on documents. There is no more sending attachments to people etc. It's great for version control.

What do you dislike?

The web interface vs. the desktop interface are a little different-- different coworkers use different platforms and it can get a little tricky. Also, if you are sending a link to a document, it always goes to the web interface (maybe that's just how we have it set up?)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Our employees who hate computers and can't use software don't have many issues using Egnyte, whereas training these types to use SharePoint was a multi day exercise in sadness.

It's super easy to share documents; this is a problem we've had before, since some people at my company use Macs and some use PCs-- sending docs as attachments lead to weird unpredictable problems in the past. With Egnyte, these problems somehow were lessened.

Egnyte review by Kaylee W.
Kaylee W.

"Egnyte is the perfect way to store files and ensure that they won't be lost in a shared drive. "

What do you like best?

I like that I am able to log into Egnyte from my desktop as well as online.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that Egnyte sometimes doesn't connect well with Macs, so it makes working with colleagues that use Macs a little more difficult on occasion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This makes work easily accessible when you work remotely.

We have lost a lot less documents that we used to from people moving things when they shouldn't. You get updates when information is saved/updated/changed in Egnyte and I believe you can see past versions as well if you need to. It has been a life saver when I need to find documents, but I'm not connected to my work domain, so I can just use my online login.

Egnyte review by Kristofor V.
Kristofor V.

"Using Egnyte to best communicate among many stake holders to have a secure place to leave files"

What do you like best?

I love the security. Using Google Drive in the past, while UI is easy enough, it was not secure. When dealing with external stakeholders, we have to have a secure site we believe in.

What do you dislike?

So far, while I am relative new to using Egnyte (2 months), so I am not sure I would say that there is something glaring that I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this to any company that needs to share lots of large files in a very secure manner.

Security is the biggest problem that Egnyte is solving. We legally must have a secure place to store external stakeholder files while we work on them, and Egnyte solves that problem.

Egnyte review by Administrator

"Long-term customer happy with recent deployment of Storage Sync"

What do you like best?

Although we do like the WebUI and Desktop UI, both are standard features on many cloud sharing services. We absolutely love having total control of every single folder's permissions and being able to edit them easily in the WebUI.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to edit permissions in the Desktop UI. Not being able to see folder size in the Web UI.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dropbox and Box are the bigger names but Egnyte is just as good, if not better.

We have many AutoCAD users in each of our multiple offices in different countries Being able to work on files stored locally with the help of StorageSync has really sped up the drafting process. Working on AutoCAD files directly saved on the cloud has been way too slow.

"Reliable & Dependable"

What do you like best?

The reliability, I have had no complaints about the service being unavailable.

What do you dislike?

I have not really come across anything I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Egnyte is easy to use. Although I have had limited interactions with the team, the persons I have interacted with are knowledgable and helpful. They are constantly improving the platform, and although, since we have started using the platfiorm, we have not kept pace with the changes being made, the changes are heading in the right direction. There are frequent information sessions and WebEx sessions. Tons of value.

The ability for us to transfer large volumes of data, to our customers. It allows us to make the data available to restricted groups, and it self manages, by notifying when the data is available.

Egnyte review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Egnyte interface and features simple and fast"

What do you like best?

Egnyte has a simple user interface for creating folder structures, groups, and giving access to others on your team. The ability to password protect the URL directories shared out makes it better than a handful of other sharing platforms I have used. Versioning of assets saved in folders is seamless as long as files are named the same when uploading a new version again.

What do you dislike?

The user interface to upload files sometimes seems to skip a beat and having to try and re-upload a large file again after waiting a while can be frustrating. The desktop client that allows a folder to keep in sync from many in a group can lead to a cascading set of mass slowdowns if many people are uploading large files to directories that are shared with a group. There is no way to "queue" these to wait for a better connection other than to shut down the client. It takes a bit of educating users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Egnyte is the best of 4 different file sharing capabilities I have used at the enterprise level. It is simple, clean, fast, and allows for collaboration.

Large file sharing within an organization and to clients for a more secure method than an unprotected "Shortened URL" type link and having directories that larger groups need to access and upload/download to. Using Active Directory credentials instead of a one-off password to remember.

Egnyte review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Intuitive Interface with Helpful Task List"

What do you like best?

Egnyte has an easy to use user interface. The directory tree structure on the left after logging in is intuitive. Users have the option of sharing and setting permissions to files that they own and sharing with external users.Uploading documents is easy with drag and drop capabilities. Egnyte also integrates with DocuSign, Google Drive, SalesForce and Office 365. There is also a mobile app that you can download to your phone for mobile file management. Sharing files is easy with customized links. You can also set links to expire, be notified when users click on it, and ensure that the most recent version of the file is linked.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about Egnyte is that the app to sync desktop files is sometimes slow to update/sync files on the website; otherwise, this software works well and is easy to use. It has the basic features one would expect from an online file collaboration suite.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for basic file sharing/collaboration capabilities, Egnyte does a good job of being easy to setup and use in under on minute. User interface is intuitive and easy to use.

The business problem we were looking to solve with Egnyte was a platform where you can share and collaborate with individuals outside your organization. The benefits of Egnyte were as expected. It would be nice if there was a document format that allowed multiple users the ability to edit at once.

Egnyte review by Stefan S.
Stefan S.

"Scalable for the global enterprise"

What do you like best?

There are two ways to interact with Egnyte - with an offline sync and with a mounted drive. The combination allows to distribute important data throughout the salesforce automatically.

The bulk upload from a notebook is awesome since you have an exact count in the plugin. So the product gives feedback which makes it secure (and also makes the user very happy).

What do you dislike?

there are some things which could be improved in the user experience. But all in all the software works like expected.

The most annoying thing is that when sharing internally I would prefer to share a filepath from the context menu. It creates an obfuscates path which sometimes does not help because you want people also to know that the file is in that or this directory.

The integration with Office 365 could be better. To work together on documents we need to use the Office in the cloud.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It might be strange in the beginning because the interface of box or dropbox look simpler. It integrates very good in the finder on MacOs and Explorer on Windows.

I co-administrate a sales tool folder with daily to weekly updates (so sales always have the important data and factsheets offline on their machine)

I also co-adminstrate a fileshare for our partners.

The roles and the integration with our network really helped in the acceptance.

Egnyte review by George W.
George W.

"Easy and secure "

What do you like best?

They have a excellent support and customer service. It has a great ability to work with all our documents. We love that we can check all our work. We always know what we are done. A great system which allows working on distance.

What do you dislike?

As a system administrator, I would like full control over my user setups. We setup systems before users are hired, so this requires me to setup the system initiate the invites, and go into email to setup the password.

The flexibility we have when using the product is the reason we are using it for some many use cases. Whether you use just cloud storage, hybrid cloud and on-prem, or connect just on-prem, the user experience is great.

Egnyte review by Administrator

"Filestorage and sharing made easy"

What do you like best?

Easy to use web GUI in addition to the native desktop client, available for both Windows and Mac. Offline sync, as well as online usage.

What do you dislike?

No native client for Linux. Once a tenant's name has been set in the URL, that can not be changed. Beware, if your company decides to change name. A vanity URL can be used, but the original URL is always present in the background.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you select a good URL, as it can not be changed afterwards.

Egnyte makes it easy to collaborate with both internal and external contributors. Files are stored securely, and I Can decide to share files and folders with customers without worrying about access to other internal systems.

Egnyte review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Helpful When It's Working"

What do you like best?

I love being able to control how many clicks a link can have, and Egnyte makes it very simple to send large files over to my client for review. The links are short, which looks good in my emails.

What do you dislike?

Oftentimes, my files will take a very long time to upload, or the site will crash while something is uploading. I dislike that the maximum life of a link is 2 weeks. I think this should be at least a month.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Egnyte is a great way to share large files with clients or colleagues. It doesn't clog up your email, and you can be assured your email will be delivered when you're sending a link instead of a large attachment. You can set up notifications to see when people have clicked your link.

Sharing large files in a simple way.

Egnyte review by Ben M.
Ben M.

"Impressive cloud-based storage"

What do you like best?

Everything works very well, and very quickly.

All our office files are now stored on the Egnyte cloud server (based in San Francisco) and all our staff access the files there from our office in Japan.

Upload and download speed is very quick - mostly Word and Excel files and they additional delay is hardly noticeable. The extra delay is noticeable for larger files, but still very quick.

We have had almost no issues after 6 months using the system, and staff uptake was quick and problem-free.

The Egnyte Drive functionality allows users to map Windows Explorer to the Egnyte cloud server so there is zero learning curve.

The WebEdit functionality automates and hides the download and upload process when using the browser to edit documents stored on the cloud, so from the user point of view they are working directly on the cloud.

The user permissions and groups allow very granular control but are also easy to setup and manage.

There are also collaboration and version control functions - we've only used those a little so far, but they are again very good and I think will prove useful.

What do you dislike?

Not much. Biggest issue is pricing. Egnyte is expensive, perhaps not unreasonable for a quality product, but the pricing is based on users, rather than access. A casual worker accessing our files once a week from a shared PC is a "user" and charged at the same rate as a full-time staff member who uses the system 40 solid hours a week. It feels unfair and also makes management more difficult. To be fair, however, we were allowed to get around some of the management with a semi-locked-in fee, but we did setup a larger, long-term contract.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The cost is high so you need to be in a position to really take advantage of the system.

They will give you a 30 day trial so make the most of that, test out upload/download time but also User Management, Egnyte Drive, WebEdit and Desktop Sync. Desktop Sync does have one catch: you can only setup one per PC for a single login. So you can't have multiple logins on the same PC with different syncs setup.

A lot of the talk about Egnyte is about their Hybrid system, but we have not used or looked at that, so I can't comment.

Take the time to understand the pricing - it is not intuitive and you don't want to be caught out.

We have several office locations which, while geographically pretty close, are all still separate. We were running separate networks and file servers in each office, with the head office having some centralised control. The system was functional but the disadvantages where staffing costs for maintenance of multiple locations, physical space and cooling needs for the servers, slow access time for files at a remote location, and large costs for setup of new office locations.

Prior to Egnyte we were already using all-cloud-based applications - Gmail, etc. Egnyte was the final piece of the puzzle, completely removing the need for the local file servers and managed networks. We now have all local PCs using cloud-based applications and Egnyte for file storage, and have had no negative impact on our operations.

The additional advantage is the all files are now available remotely as well. You can access Egnyte through Gmail so we simply login to our email and select the Egnyte app.

The one area that found the Egnyte access too slow was Marketing - uploading and downloading large image and video files. For them we setup Egnyte Desktop Sync. A folder on Egnyte is synced with a folder on their local PC. Marketing staff can then work directly from the local folder, but still have their work available to others and backed up on Egnyte.

Egnyte review by Letha M.
Letha M.

"Information Management for All "

What do you like best?

Egnyte allows you control access to information at a granular level for all employees AND external collaborators. I also like the ability to personalize and brand the information portal for ourselves with our logo and colors.

What do you dislike?

I have yet to come across a feature that isn't included or a facet that I dislike.

Information management in a central location- allowing individuals who work with us, but not in our organization to provide input and actively participate in projects.

Egnyte review by Michael D.
Michael D.

"One of the best file systems for business"

What do you like best?

For us, one of the best features is the ability to have local storage instances via storagesync or Egnyte turbo. With some of our offices in areas with slower internet connections, having local file storage is critical.

What do you dislike?

It's not quite as widely used as Box or OneDrive so some apps don't have built-in integrations.

We have operations in four major countries and sales offices in a dozen others. Egnyte provides file services for every office seamlessly.

Egnyte review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Secure, easy to manage team collaboration environment"

What do you like best?

Ease of managing large groups of users across multiple teams and sites

Recovering lost work, lost files is easy and painless.

Versioning is easy for users to understand

If you have a hybrid storage environment, it is simple to work across these using Egnyte

What do you dislike?

The Mac OS versions of the tools, especially with Office always seem to be a bit behind the Windows versions

We have 8 offices spread across the globe. We used to have users accessing storage based in the UK across a VPN and smb. Now these users can access information wherever they are at the same speed as if they were based in the UK, locally accessing the information

Egnyte review by Melissa L.
Melissa L.

"Great functionality for organization and file sharing"

What do you like best?

Egnyte is very easy to use, especially with large teams and individuals within teams. With the option to limit access based on departments is great. Also, i enjoy the fact that you are able to edit documents online with Egnyte so instead of having to download and re upload the same document, you can instead edit and save which will update the document in the folder itself. These features with many more make this tool great!

What do you dislike?

It took some time to get the updates it needed, but once they appeared the product quality was significantly upgraded.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It may take a a month or so to get used to it's true functionality but once you discover all of the hidden gems, you won't be disappointed.

This tool allows companies to upload their own files and simultaneously share files in a safe and secure manner.

Egnyte review by Kristen C.
Kristen C.

"Great file sharing tool"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to great new folders and upload on this platform. Before we were using drop box which is still great, but I think egnyte it better for professional purposes. It allows all the company documents to be in one place and if for any reason a computer crashes, we don't have to worry about lost files.

The link sharing function is one of my favorites and with the ability to see how many opens you got this is great for tracking purposes. I used it to send out press information and I can see who opened my link and when.

I also like the web edit so that you don't have to download the file to change it is is all online, however it does need more functionality as you can't do everything you can on desktop word or excel.

What do you dislike?

I don't think I have anything that I dislike from a functionality standpoint. Very easy to use and alot of great features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a place to centralize your companies work egnyte is it. You also can keep personal files that aren't for the public company which makes this multi-purpose.

It allows all of our company files in one place and helps with collaboration for team projects. We can also see how many versions we have of files and who edits them. It has helped with making it easier to find things and we don't have to send an email to someone just to get a logo or fact sheet. Everyone can get it themselves making people more proactive.

Egnyte review by Brandon W.
Brandon W.

"Not Fancy, but Highly Functional "

What do you like best?

Out of the many "file sharing/file storage" products I have used in the workplace, egnyte is by far the easiest to use. It is very simple to learn as a new user and has an approachable no frills interface.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, not much. I have used egnyte at two different places of business and my only complaints had to do with the internal setup at my previous place of work. Egnyte's ease of use can be nullified by a lack of organization on the administrative side. My last employer had too many people creating folders in public locations which made it cumbersome and difficult to navigate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Honestly, I am not aware of Egnyte's price point as I have never been an administrator or decision maker for this particular buyer. However, I will speak glowingly of the product's performance and ease of use. Frankly, I have no desire to even try a competitor at this point regardless of what Egnyte costs. If I were starting a business tomorrow Egnyte is one of the first vendors I would contact. The value of their service can not be overstated. If you are looking for secure file storage large and small, Egnyte should be the first lace you look.

Everything and I truly mean everything at my office is backed up in egnyte. We have had several occasions where an individuals pc has crashed and egnyte has bailed us out!

Egnyte review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Egynte Review"

What do you like best?

This software makes organizing customers and information very easy. We call it the customers "electronic folders". Which can be accessed while offline or via the internet. All of the files can easily be shared among other people and downloaded to your computer. It also syncs with email so you can send an email reminder to a group every time a folder has been updated.

What do you dislike?

Deleting information is very difficult, I actually haven't figured out how to delete folders, if it is possible. I have made typos on the title of a folder and that folder will just be stuck there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very basic but simple to use. If you want something that makes sharing files with your office this would be the way to go.

Creating customer folders, Egnyte works with our CRM and email to save things like pictures of the jobs and paper work that has been scanned in.

Egnyte review by Administrator in Mental Health Care
Administrator in Mental Health Care

"Useful and customizable to your needs "

What do you like best?

I love its universal search feature. Text-based content as well as file names can be indexed. Results can be yielded at lightning speeds when putting in keywords. Any file can be shared (as long as it's already uploaded in Egnyte) by means of an e-mail link. The link should be secured with a password for the intended person to view the sent content. An expiration period can also be applied based on the number of clicks or scheduled time.

What do you dislike?

Its desktop sync app needs some improvement. There's no option in changing the synced folder without going through the re-installation/uninstallation process. Folders can't be specified for syncing. A 4GB file limitation makes it difficult to use the desktop syncing feature.

Egnyte's cloud service gives a department an option to locate and synchronize files centrally from variouso locations. Resources from these locations can be made available for a customer by means of a password-protected link. Egnyte hsd plenty of room for company logo branding. This makes it an attractive alternative to Dropbox marketing-wise.

Egnyte review by Administrator

"Not keeping up with the competition "

What do you like best?

Stable platform and apps. Egnyte provides better search functionality than the Windows server it replaced.

What do you dislike?

Slow service and slow with updates. Company does a quarterly webinar on new functionality in the pipeline. We’ve used it for almost three years and they have yet to roll out functionality they’ve takked about since before we signed up. Meanwhile, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc have all introduced functionality identical to what attracted us to Egnyte in the first place.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are currently a GSuite or O365 customer, you may not benefit from Egnyte.

Replaced aging on premise file server and provided simpler access from any location. Integrates well with Windows and Mac.

Egnyte review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Excellent for people working on the go"

What do you like best?

Egnyte is the best! My favorite part about their system is the ability to access, review, and send files from my company's shared folder through the app on my iPhone. This makes working on the go a breeze.

What do you dislike?

When attempting to attach a file to an email, the process of navigating through the correct series of folders can sometimes take a very long time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! Don't wait. You will not regret it.

Providing global access to a shared drive of documents allowing employees around the world to access important information from any of our offices. We switched from a VPN/server system to Egnyte's cloud-based service, and the difference in response time is unreal. What used to take over a minute to open, now takes seconds. I can sync files with my desktop to work when I don't have internet access. I can share and review files on the go through the app. I can edit documents through Microsoft apps on my phone and save them to Egnyte.

The benefits are endless. If I could hug the Egnye creators, I would.

Egnyte review by Kristy T.
Kristy T.

"Love this!"

What do you like best?

I really like that I can have the app on my phone to upload photos, and then use the drive on my desktop to be able to retrieve the photos.

What do you dislike?

Tough to get new users up to speed on how to hook up Egnyte Drive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you keep track of how to connect to the Egnyte drive so you can show others.

This really helps when we take photos on the phone to be able to user them on our computers.

Egnyte review by Dashaun G.
Dashaun G.

"Egnyte Review"

What do you like best?

It was a super easy to use program/ Realy like that link could be made in the system for sending out assets. And the design was pretty great and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Searching for files was usually a pain with the search in Egnyte. For some reason it was slow, but it may have been because of the number of files we had in the system. Not sure, but was the main thing I noticed when using it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely a great product to use, with minor issues regarding the search feature. But this could also be attributed to the plan my company bought. All-in-all, great product.

It provided us with a file sharing system that also tracked who in the company uploaded, deleted, or moved files. it also allowed us to see who assessed our files from outside of the company and gave us a central location to direct media for assets and clients to upload things.

Egnyte review by Emily T.
Emily T.

"Fast, east to use, dependable"

What do you like best?

Egnyte has a solid third-party app library, plays nicely with both Google docs and Microsoft Office, it syncs very quickly, is secure, and is reliable. All in all, it's pretty affordable and it seems like most people can get acclimated to it very quickly.

What do you dislike?

No Linux support and many of the advanced features are for Enterprise subscribers only. Though rare, I have had this crash when uploading bigger files on occasion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great solution for sharing documents securely and in real time. This can free up an enormous amount of space on individual hard drives. You don't have to download multiple versions of a document to edit and share.

We used this to review documents with clients primarily. It seems a lo more user friendly than the alternatives and my clients didn't have issues responding immediately.

Learn more about Egnyte

Egnyte Videos

Learning about Egnyte?

* We monitor all Egnyte reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
(238 reviews)

Get a 15-Day Free Trial Now!