Elcom Platform

Elcom Platform is a powerful content management solution for mid-large enterprises. With over 100+ base features and modules, elcomCMS is the ideal CMS solution for websites, intranets, extranets, mobile sites, social, eCommerce, learning management sites and online marketing.

Work for Elcom Platform?

Learning about Elcom Platform?

Elcom Platform Reviews

Ask Elcom Platform a Question
Showing 15 Elcom Platform reviews
Elcom Platform review by Caroline R.
Caroline R.

"Intranet manager"

What do you like best?

The support from the sales team, project managers and ongoing support desk, is second to none. The help desk are so approachable and helpful and quick to resolve any issues.

The CMS is easy to use and the ability to train users with little experience to update their content.

The ability to interface with many other products and display content on the page, so users still feel they haven't left the site.

What do you dislike?

In V10 sometimes the tables layout is a little tricky and doesn't always display as I hope for, but I believe this has been fixed in V10.5 - along with lots of other great new features!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Like with all companies, ensure you have done your homework and you have scoped as best as possible and make sure your requirements are clear and detailed. We have built many tailored templates and integrated with many other programs, with minimal issues, due to open communications and detailed briefs.

We had to deliver a fully redesigned and redeveloped intranet, that will provide a better online experience for staff. The CMS is easy to use, with lots of optional modules (not expensive), some of which we added on at initial build or others we can add on later as we develop and grow our site.

We needed a CMS that allowed many publishers (users), to maintain their own department content. Setting up publishers and various level of access was easy and quick.

We have also created secure sections for limited staff access to confidential information - very easy to setup.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Elcom Platform
Elcom Platform review by Lynne E.
Lynne E.

"Elcom provides an easy and highly functional website solution"

What do you like best?

The ElcomCMS is very comprehensive, in fact it can do far more than we are using at present…limited more by my knowledge than that of the system – however we are very happy with the service and functionality that ElcomCMS has provided for our website. Our Account Manager is proactive and highly responsive to all our needs, and their Help Desk is supportive, fixing any issues that we encounter in a timely manner. The new and improved features and functionality are added to the CMS on a regular basis.

Once you know how to use the system, it’s pretty easy to publish content and administer the site – even for a novice like me.

What do you dislike?

I wish I knew more. The one-on-one training is very good, however the reference site contains material that I find too generic and not detailed enough to be really helpful. Including specific working examples that highlight how to do and implement certain tasks or features would be beneficial.

Custom development can add a level of complexity to your upgrades that needs to be considered when testing.

We are in the process of moving our organisation to a paperless environment. To do that we need effective and integrated online solutions that do away with the paper form. As our staff realise the time and cost-saving measures that the elcomCMS platform can provide, they are enthusiastically getting on-board which is improving efficiency and the way we do our business.

What Web Content Management solution do you use?

Elcom Platform review by Graeme L.
Graeme L.

"Powerful, standards compliant, scalable and friendly"

What do you like best?

Elcom have proven to be a responsive partner in all of our recent web initiatives. The basic product is comprehensive and with the addition of special-purpose modules and connectors, their solutions have been affordable yet competitive for building our Intranet and websites that require integration with our corporate applications. The content editor is actually fun to use. The cost-saving option of sharing modules across multiple ElcomCMS sites is a winner. Their trainer is excellent. Their after-sales support matches the quality of their pre-sales support. In particular, their Help Desk is responsive and dedicated to fixing your issues. Their CMS is updated regularly to meet client needs.

What do you dislike?

Some of the reference documentation is thin if you are trying to learn how to make a module or connector perform as you wish. Working examples should be included to help you through the configuration process. The Form Creator is somewhat kludgy and not yet up to the standard of other competitors that use WYSIWYG. The formatting of column widths in Forms and TRIM container displays are not controllable and often require the intervention of Elcom support staff. There is no built-in email encryption to help fend off spam bots.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Include Elcom in your short list. They are small enough to be flexible for smaller organisations and budgets yet big enough to tackle internationals' web requirements.

In local government we must be WCAG 2.0 standards-compliant so the addition of the Ephox editor was essential for our public-facing websites. This alerts non-HTML-conversant staff when their content is not compliant and provides advice on how to remedy the problem. The HP-TRIM connector allows us to follow our aim of maintaining TRIM as our "single source of truth" for our work document storage. We now have 26+ staff trained as elcomCMS Publishers so that we are able to more easily cover for the absence of key staff that maintain our various websites.

Although we only launched our new Intranet in May, the inclusion of the Social module in our Intranet CMS allows us to engage our staff in the journey of process (and morale) improvement in a way that we hope will transform the culture of the way we work. The user-centric and egalitarian design is sure to be the platform for ongoing process improvements and cost-savings.

Elcom Platform review by Lindsay W.
Lindsay W.

"Had no experience at 60, 5 years later I'm the webman"

What do you like best?

What I like best is that a complete novice like me has been able to maintain our website since starting with ELCOM and we are now developing a new site. We I ask for help it is almost immediate things are corrected and I think I've made them all. I have even braved changing the odd piece of HTML to get my own errors corrected. With the development of a now mobile friendly site I am finding it alot easier with a more advanced CMS to aim for better SEO. Had you asked me to describe those two acronyms 5 years ago I would have told you were to go. Newsletter feature is a wonderful additional unit.

What do you dislike?

Knowing too little is a dangerous thing and being quick to decide to go it alone has got me into some interesting spots. Always fixed though. I am still to really master the analytics to better suit my needs but we get there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Having that CMS and webdesign is not cheap (and you can disagree with that but you get what you pay for) it is best to go with an experienced CMS group but make sure you have ideas on what you want.

Communication, Communication, Communication, Like the 3 Ps of realestate. As we advance our online approach with our clients it make a small business's life much easier.

Elcom Platform review by Peter S.
Peter S.

"Great CMS and Customer Service"

What do you like best?

Compared to what else is on the market, this CMS is straight forward to use straight out of the box particularly for those with little or no experience with the backends of websites or content management. Additionally, the host of development options from Elcom make the skies the limit in terms of expanding your design and content platform.

What do you dislike?

The system (inc. licensing etc) is somewhat pricey, although price shouldn't be a big issue given the product delivers on its promises.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give them a vision of what you want/need, maybe in comparison to other sites you admire. Their designers work well linked in with your creative vision.

Our old website was perhaps the worst-looking in Australia among education providers with limited capabilites. It's now one of the best looking and platform on which to build our eLearning vision, and for a fraction of the price that a university would be spending on their web systems.

Elcom Platform review by <span ue="safe-name" data-safe-name-id="1f51a582-b9ed-40f6-859d-d468f0283f29">Antonio M.</span>
Antonio M.
" itemprop="name" />

"System convenient "

What do you like best?

This system helps me up to automate my daily labor, with forms, reports ext.

Offline task very helpful for decisions. Using of form to gather data is very convenient. SSO really great, like this all my user can be controlled by my Active Directory, by groups and by users rights. It has granular folder security, also it can be controlled by functions, folders access generally. Search bar is very helpful, since it is very accurate with the coincidences. It has convenient widgets that helps you to bring

What do you dislike?

Lack of design for final user, I would like to custom the fields position in forms and the content blocks easily, no by hard code.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared for extended learning process, since it required to learn new concepts of content management.

We are trying to resolve communication problems, being able to centralize the communication making it more accessible.

Elcom Platform review by Audrie J.
Audrie J.

"Flexible, multi-function platform"

What do you like best?

The Elcom CMS is evolving with our company as our digital needs evolve. When we discover a need, Elcom has the module to meet it.

What do you dislike?

While there are many modules to work with, they don't all integrate with each other. For example, I use Mailing List to communicate with my external Training Manager users (admittedly a hack), and it would be great if creating a user in one module made it available in another. Perhaps in future development.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dream big - you will want more modules than you think you need so gather your colleagues' wish lists, not just requirements, at the start.

We are publishing our website with several staff members instead of one webmaster; we are offering training courses online when it suits our clients; we are wrangling our documents; we are offering online compliance training to our staff when it's convenient for them; we are selling our resources.

Elcom Platform review by Sean S.
Sean S.

"Elcom is the WordPress of .NET CMS's"

What do you like best?

Complete control over everything, ease of use, everything is self contained and allows us the freedom to set things up the way we want without having to get our IT department involved.

What do you dislike?

I find it hard to come up with words for this, there is nothing I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's just great. Like Wordpress, it gives you access to create and fix and edit whatever you need to.

So far, we are at the early stages, so these kinds of things haven't been addressed fully; however, this system will allow us to integrate our marketing and website, and those two things will begin to work as a symbiotic relationship rather than two separate and distinct entities.

Elcom Platform review by Ellissa N.
Ellissa N.

"Elcom CMS enables us to adapt quickly in a dynamic competitive environment"

What do you like best?

I like that it is easy to create and publish content quickly. There are some nice modules that facilitate workflows and the Administrator functions are easy to understand and use.

Our team has changed and we received training of new team members quickly. They are now able to publish.

The CMS is adaptable to the size and scale that you need to use it. We have recently migrated our Staff Portal to the CMS so managing our internal communications in the same location is a huge benefit for our business.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about working with Elcom. They are professional and responsive when I escalate critical issues for our business. Day-to-day issues are responded to in an efficient timeline as well.

We are currently solving improving user journeys and decreasing friction from website through to mobile and Internet Banking services with online member and product origination. Our business benefits will be fully realized in the next 6-12 months after implementation. However we expect our customer journeys will be improved from the moment we go live.

Elcom Platform review by Administrator in Religious Institutions
Administrator in Religious Institutions

"ElcomCMS Review"

What do you like best?

ElcomCMS support are quick respond to my enquiries and I can see that they strive to make sure our requests are addressed soonest. I haven't had a chance to explore the system much (unlike my teammates who are more hands-on with it) but I like the ease of use compared to systems we've had in the past.

What do you dislike?

When I edit a page and click "Save Draft" or even when on a page (in edit mode) and click on the preview icon, I would expect to see the page in preview mode (before I "Publish" it). However, clicking on the preview icon redirects the page (whichever page I am on) to the home page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As always, make sure you document your detailed requirements and see if ElcomCMS meets those requirements. That's a principle when trying to acquire any Web CMS. ElcomCMS does have so many features that are likely to meet your requirements.

We had several legacy systems in the past and just one web content update could take at least 30 minutes to post. We wanted to get rid of those systems and get a robust CMS that met at least 70 - 150 specific requirements we had documented. ElcomCMS met made it through the shortlist of vendors we selected. ElcomCMS helped us get rid of legacy systems and save time/resources, integration with other critical business systems, and essentially have a system the offered us opportunities to grow our web presence.

Elcom Platform review by Administrator in Religious Institutions
Administrator in Religious Institutions

"Elcom Review"

What do you like best?

I like the editing within a page function, where each compartment is clickable and editable, much easier than back-end coding!

What do you dislike?

I don't like how the folder name appears in the breadcrumb and/or URL of the page. It elongates the URL unnecessarily and if you have a folder and page with the same name, it says www.domain.org/programs/programs instead of just domain.org/programs, full stop. Maybe you create a check box where people have the option to remove the folder name from the URL.

We're trying to get our organization to a digital-first mindset and trying to utilize a better site to take us to the next level of the organization's identity and brand.

Elcom Platform review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Working with elcom on CMS for new company intranet & knowledge base "

What do you like best?

Base CMS system has excellent functionality coverage and the ability to add extra modules makes it very versatile. Pricing is reasonable.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything at this point.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pricing is excellent considering the functionality that you receive from just the base product. Once you start adding in the additional modules, you can get an impressive system for a much lower cost than most other systems.

We are revamping our intranet site and rolling out a knowledge base. The elcom CMS will add much needed functionality for the staff.

Elcom Platform review by Administrator in Leisure, Travel & Tourism
Administrator in Leisure, Travel & Tourism

"Perisher Review"

What do you like best?

ETraining Modules are the best. The integration into Content Manager to allow for randomisation of questions too allows for flexibility of the system and makes each training package almost unique to the end user.

What do you dislike?

Formatting can still be painful. Copying data form word is also ugly with formatting being trashed. I understand why this happens but why not strip out all the word formatting and paste it in as plain text

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great application

on line training. this has saved vast amount of staff time and paper.

Elcom Platform review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Elcom"

What do you like best?

full service solution from design and implementation to hosting and ongoing responsive support

What do you dislike?

Is an expensive option for a non profit and can't compete on price.

needed a full service solution. Needed ongoing maintenance and support. Never have had to worry about security updates/ patches/ service going down. Have enabled newsletter mailouts to thousands without a glitch.

Elcom Platform review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"My experience with Elcom and been challenging and rewarding."

What do you like best?

There are several features, but I think I like the widgets.

What do you dislike?

The preview tools and customization is not easy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The support team is very easy to work with and the software is very easy to learn.

The business problems are mainly customization.

Learning about Elcom Platform?

* We monitor all Elcom Platform reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.