Encompass

Encompass is Ellie Mae's all-in-one integrated solution that covers the loan lifecycle and provides one system of record so you can close compliant loans.

Work for Encompass?

Learning about Encompass?

Categories

Compare Encompass to Similar Solutions

Encompass Reviews

Showing 43 Encompass reviews
Encompass review by Nathan B.
Nathan B.

"Encompass is easy to use and has a lot of great features."

What do you like best?

Now that I am more familiar with Encompass, I like how the information flows from page to page. We also have a lot of custom programming done that allows us to do things very quickly.

What do you dislike?

I dislike when there are required fields to be completed before you can proceed and all they give you is the field number. I waste a lot of time sometimes. Now that I am more familiar with Encompass it is not that bad of an issue and a lot of times now when there is a missing field you can complete the field right there on the screen that tells you if something is missing. I also dislike how the DTI calculations get all screwy when you have more than one borrowing pair.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask what features are available by utilizing custom programming. We run Encompass unplugged so there are many, many features that are available that I am not familiar with. My understanding is that unplugged means that Encompass is run only on our intranet and it does not have access to all of the features available if it was connected to other features that are only available if it is connected to the Internet.

Encompass is awesome when it comes to preparing initial disclosures. As long as there aren't any missing required field and I have completed all of the required processes I can have the disclosures prepared and emailed to the applicant with the click of a button. I have heard that other companies that use Encompass do not have this feature and it takes a while to manually prepare the initial disclosures. This feature in itself saves

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Encompass
Encompass review by Patrick T.
Patrick T.

"Encompass Review"

What do you like best?

I like how encompass can be used for smaller companies as well as larger ones. I also love how you get emails of everything that happens with a pipeline and how it can integrate with different CRM software's. I also like how you can adjust the software to your company. With 2 different companies the functions were different.

What do you dislike?

I really hate the fact that the systems keeps freezing and dropping out. It's quite annoying. I've been with 2 companies using this software and the problem is consistent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be patient with navigating the software. It takes some time to get familiar with it.

It makes doing business very easy. As long as I have a computer with the software I can work from anywhere sending files to my clients and team.

What Loan solution do you use?

Encompass review by Brian J B.
Brian J B.

"Encompass - Do we have a choice?"

What do you like best?

Encompass is very thorough. On the producers side, it is pretty self explanatory. I've heard operations say they didn't like it when we switched at my last company.

What do you dislike?

Because of it being so thorough, my LO's can get a bit lost in what they need to insure is in the system beyond the simple 1003. Seems like it could be more streamlined. Also, I miss being able to be online vs. having to have this downloaded to my computer. I run on Mac's and need to have Windows 7 via Parallels on my laptop just to run this program. MortgageBot was all online, so I could even use my iPad. Miss that.

Hard to say on this one, we don't have a choice as individuals.

Encompass review by Lindsey R.
Lindsey R.

"Love how efficient it has made ME!"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about Encompass is how you can find everything you need for your file in the application. All you need can be found right there. It is user friendly and easy to use. It makes the process go smoothly, even when everyone is spread out throughout the company or at different locations. It has helped make me more efficient because of your ability to cater it to you and your companies needs.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the email/messenger section. Although it is integrated with outlook, you still have to go outside the app for the emails.

There is less room for error with the ability to make comments and notes throughout the file and on specific documents. This makes it easy for many people to work on a file.

Encompass review by Rachel W.
Rachel W.

"Encompass 360"

What do you like best?

I love the customization features. We are able to build out business rules and templates to fit our needs and work flow. As our company grows and evolves, we can adjust what we need to on the software to make it work in the most efficient way.

What do you dislike?

Since our company operates on virtual desktops, there is some compatibility issues that lead to slowness for some users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dive all the way in and make use of the implementation time. Test anything and everything you can think of. It is possible to just scratch the surface with Encompass and have a LOS that works. But when you dive in and learn how to create business rules and other customization, you open up a whole new world.

Our company operates two separate mortgage operations. Our old software did not have customization options that would allow for us to utilize one software for both operations.

Encompass review by Roxie V.
Roxie V.

"Best originations system I’ve used."

What do you like best?

I have been using encompass as my LOS system for about 4 years now and I love it. It’s extremely user friendly,easy to navigate and I love how all my origination platforms are all in one system. I would highly recommend to other professionals in my industry

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is how quickly the system times out. It will crash and shut down it your sitting idle in the same file for awhile

Encompass makes it easier to track my leads. I’m a mortgage loan officer so I’m constantly speaking to clients and attempting to qualify them. I love how all my prospect database is contained within Encompass

Encompass review by User in Financial Services

"Encompass- the lender genius"

What do you like best?

I like that Encompass is very innovative and is available anywhere there is internet. Long gone are the days that you must be logged onto a vpn to get access to your clients. The applications within the system move smoothly from one to the other and are relatively quick.

What do you dislike?

I wish it were more customizable. Some of the items that my company wanted to change were among the unchangeable.

We are able to deliver better customer experience with our borrowers and the builders we work with. We are quicker and more accurate in our figures.

Encompass review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Once you get used to it you cant stop using it "

What do you like best?

i worked for a mortgage company in Clearwater,FL for a year. Although I did not work with borrowers directly I did use Encompass360 40 hours a week. I had to pull loan statuses, hud approvals and quite a few other things in order to properly market to borrowers on behalf of the Loan Originator. Encompass 360 was difficult to learn at first but once i got the hang of it I was pulling reports and training other users to do the same. Reporting was great that I could pull vast amounts of info, it just took a while to pull.

What do you dislike?

Given that Encompass360 is a large part of everyones job at any mortgage company, you'd figure they would update their interface and make it more user friendly. As of now it looks like an old original version of a file sharer, or a prehistoric version of Windows. I can recall having a hard time understanding what tabs and options did what and what job they corresponded to because of how drab and boring the layout is. I feel like the software doesnt have to be that difficult to operate as an average user. Their reporting is also fairly slow to pull large quantities of data--- maybe try and get a compressor?

I was taking information from surveys and from loan information to use in drip campaigns and for other marketing material. I used this to discover trends in reporting. It also helped myself,processors, LO's and borrowers keep track of where they were in their loan process.

Encompass review by Christina C.
Christina C.

"Great for organization"

What do you like best?

This keeps all my leads in order and makes it so easy to be organized and on top of things

What do you dislike?

I can't get rid of leads that are garbage on my own - i would really like more views

Recommendations to others considering the product

do it., you wont regret it!

I use it for lead management to help organize the people interested in purchasing a home

Encompass review by User in Higher Education

"An Industry Standard"

What do you like best?

Because Encompass is so widely used, there are a ton of external resources available (products, consultant services, etc.) that allow you to truly customize the interface. The form builder and reporting functions help you to do some of this in-house, though there are limitations to both. It's rather intuitive to navigate, and the document storage method and pipeline views make organization easy. Overall, it provides a solid framework for companies to build a workflow tailored to their needs.

What do you dislike?

Support for smaller companies tends to be limited. There are also frequent server issues and problems with updates. The options for integration with a customer portal are not ideal. I have worked on 4 different pricing engine integrations within Encompass, including the proprietary Encompass Product and Pricing Service, and all required workarounds and manual adjustments to function properly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Plan to have a dedicated administrator on staff to maintain the system and learn it thoroughly.

The ability to create business rules helped our company structure our workflow and create hard stops for certain points in loan production to ultimately help train staff in best practices. The form builder also allowed us to integrate the quality control processes (pre-funding and post-closing) into the system and make results reportable. We were also able to enhance our secondary procedures and monitor pipelines more effectively. As a side note, the internal instant messaging system was very helpful for communication between branch offices.

Encompass review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Great as long as your internet is solid"

What do you like best?

The fact that I don't need to be in the actual office to use Encompass is great. There's lots of room for collaboration within one file and multiple people working on that file.

What do you dislike?

If my internet goes out, then I'm 100% useless within a file. Also, when someone is in the file before you, you're stuck on read-only mode. Which gets confusing if you forget - you could end up doing tons of work and none of it will save since you're in read-only mode.

Recommendations to others considering the product

have excellent internet connectivity and reliable routers - as soon as your internet is out, you're a sitting duck...

Loan processing and collaboration is great with the eFolder option within encompass.

"Encompass Rocks!"

What do you like best?

I find the transition from page to paid on the 1003 is much smoother. I also like the document storage features.

What do you dislike?

I get logged out frequently and every other program always works flawlessly so it is not my wifi connection. I assume it is because the program is bulkier than others, but not sure.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it's pretty great and would recommend this product.

I need to fill out full applications much more quickly so I like encompass since it is easier to use.

Encompass review by User in Financial Services

"Great solution with custom options"

What do you like best?

Encompass has been great - the one caveat is that many lenders choose to take their base model. If you wish to maximize the effectiveness, you need to customize to your needs.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike. I have been with lenders that do not use hard stops - those lenders often find themselves losing money because they don't prevent bad information from going out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Customize customize customize

make this what you need it to be.

Pipeline management, improved turn times, accurate reporting.

Encompass review by Roselle E.
Roselle E.

"Loan processing made easy"

What do you like best?

I love the tabs and file buckets that Encompass offers!

What do you dislike?

What I dislike is not being able to manipulate fields while the file manager is open.

Being able to order all third party verifications without leaving the software.

Encompass review by User in Financial Services

"Origination & Compliance Specialist"

What do you like best?

I like how the system shows everything in terms of the necessary documents needed for loan origination, compliance and closing. The way the system is set up works really well when originating loans.

What do you dislike?

The system itself has a lot of issues in terms of constantly crashing and freezing throughout the day.

We are resolving a lot issues in terms of Compliance and tracking changes within files that need to be re-disclosed within the three day window.

Encompass review by Carmila C.
Carmila C.

"Underwriter"

What do you like best?

It’s easy and simple. Very user friendly system and provides quick response. Make reviewing customers information very easy

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it’s slow or freezes. The downfall of the system is sometimes it will run slow and it may freeze. There are times you cannot acccess the system because it is down

Recommendations to others considering the product

When I used it, it was a good system. Recommend for the mortgage industry due to ease and simplicity

Mortgage underwriting

"Encompass 360"

What do you like best?

Its an easy platform to use that helps keep our loans organized and concise.

What do you dislike?

We also use another platform that we transfer files from called Vantage and sometimes the integration doesn't go smoothly, but not always.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its really the best thing I have used so far in the mortgage industry. Easy to use, and easy to understand.

File Storage and security, creating proper timelines and being able to see all details easily without much trouble.

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

It makes it easy for me to see all of my loans in one place. I have the ability to make notes and changes quickly

What do you dislike?

It doesn't allow me to change my view. I am stuck in the standard view and it times out too quickly. I am constantly getting error and kicked out of it

We are able to have a detailed list of borrowers. I dont have to search forever to find what I need. It's all in one place

Encompass review by User in Financial Services

"Encompass - user friendly and helpful"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use. I also enjoy that this program makes it possible to have a completely paperless file. Due to this option you can work on files anywhere the program is available.

What do you dislike?

The only issue I have with the program is that you have to do a fair amount of set up when you first start using the program. Only other issue is the different levels of security that you need to set up if you want.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This will make your business to the next level. This will save on paper and other office supplies

This has given us the ability to be completely paperless.

Encompass review by Internal Consultant in Financial Services
Internal Consultant in Financial Services

"Encompass"

What do you like best?

Our users are able to set up workflows to make their processes much more efficient saving time for both them and the customers.

What do you dislike?

The smart client updates frequently and causes issues with the way we have secured our workstations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to do a lot of work to get the workflows, etc set up at the beginning. Once everything is configured, the process is fairly smooth.

Provides a much more effective and efficient way to handle mortgage loan applications.

Encompass review by Mary Gervais B.
Mary Gervais B.

"Encompass does what it needs to do"

What do you like best?

The modifications we have with Encompass make the loan application pretty seamless.

What do you dislike?

Some pages can be jumbled and confusing.

It facilitates the taking of a mortgage loan.

Encompass review by Celeste M.
Celeste M.

"Perfect for all of our mortgage needs"

What do you like best?

The flexibility of the program. The ability to create the applications for websites to help our banking process is great.

What do you dislike?

Does slow down the computer systems. There is a lot of information in there and it is hard to distinguish bc of visibility. Everything looks the same.

Works well with a multitude of our vendors. This is what we use for all of our loan processes systems.

"encompass review"

What do you like best?

I like that you are able to put all your loan documents in and easily access them. It is simple to use and works well for our business.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the loan numbers have to be in a specific format.

We are solving the paper file problems and have benefited from having the information a click away.

"Needs a speedy upgrade"

What do you like best?

I like the easy access it provides. It is user friendly once you figure out where everything is.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how slow and behind it is. It needs some major upgrades and enhancements.

The organization of loans and the accuracy of documents is a huge benefit. It also really speeds up the loan process.

Encompass review by User

"Encompass"

What do you like best?

I like that it is very user friendly. You can become familiar with using this program in no time.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the slowness of the program at times. It freezes more times than not. I think this needs to be looked at because it really does slow down your work flow.

Encompass allows you to do a lot within this one program. There are times where you have to work out of more than one program to meet your business needs, but this is not one of them.

Encompass review by User in Financial Services

"Decent LOS - Slow going."

What do you like best?

It is rather comprehensive and easier than most LOSs to customize. Looks great & fairly intuitive to use.

What do you dislike?

Very slow connections to remote servers. Slow to make needed industry improvements. Difficult to make this focus in on specific non-standard products (VA loans)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good for small companies. Great if looking to customize however support from Ellie Mae is not always great and they are slow to fix things that are obvious problems especially in a TRID era.

Needed a better more customizable LOS. This allows for this & integrations. Great for a growing company.

Encompass review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"Encompass 360"

What do you like best?

I like that you can do SO many things all in the same place.

What do you dislike?

The commands are not intuitive and the help resources are not too easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great program and has so many uses. Explore your options within the system before purchasing another!

We use it for our loans. It has been very helpful to organize loan aspects and ideas.

Encompass review by User in Financial Services

"Encompass includes everything that a mortgage company needs, from application to funding. "

What do you like best?

How easy it is to use and learn how to use.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike specifically about Encompass. I think it just takes practice to learn how to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it!!

I've noticed that Encompass will give us updates when things are down or going slowly, and issues are fixed quickly.

Encompass review by Internal Consultant in Financial Services
Internal Consultant in Financial Services

"Industry standard, not perfect - but customizable."

What do you like best?

Ellie Mae has a broad network of solution providers and compliance insight (AllRegs).

What do you dislike?

How they communicate changes and system updates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Plan ahead and simplify structure as much as possible. The simpler, the easier to maintain updates and train end users.

It is our loan system of record where we manage mortgage processes.

"Encompass"

What do you like best?

its pretty easy to set up a new file and add files

What do you dislike?

that it always crashes and you cant upload from emails

helps my company with new home loans

Encompass review by Lucinda Guest C.
Lucinda Guest C.

"Encompass"

What do you like best?

The ease of uploading documents and the ease of pulling credit reports

What do you dislike?

That there is no App for it and there should be

DOing Mortgage Loans and implementing the AUS.

Encompass review by Whitney F.
Whitney F.

"Best in the biz"

What do you like best?

I’ve used other mortgage origination systems and encompass is by far the best.

What do you dislike?

Lots of customization. Each branch/company uses it differently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Switch to encompass!

Originating mortgages

Encompass review by User in Banking
User in Banking

"Does itsjob"

What do you like best?

For the most part, it does its job. Other than the stability issues, it is pretty easy to use.

What do you dislike?

In more than one instance, the app freezes and crashes. Sometimes that leads to lost data.

It allows a purely digital avenue to do our work. Paperless is the way to go and we’re going there.

"Simple to use"

What do you like best?

I like that Encompass will give hints when hovering over a field to show you exactly what to enter

What do you dislike?

A mobile app would be a very useful tool to help expedite service to customers when out and about

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simple to use, set up is very user friendly

It is very easy to stay organized. I also like that there are reminders given to help you stay on task

"Underwriting with Encompass"

What do you like best?

Having one platform to take a file from registration to post closing. Being able to submit directly to the AUS.

What do you dislike?

Information does not always carry forward through the AUS so manual manipulation is required. You can lock yourself in a file by simply clicking on the wrong "X".

Much more efficient than using a proprietary system we worked on in the past

Encompass review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Easy to navigate"

What do you like best?

The program allows me to find documents quickly

What do you dislike?

I sometimes have problems searching for specific files

Lead management and tracking

"Encompass for LO's"

What do you like best?

having been using forever so very familar

What do you dislike?

program is slow and can sometimes be clunky

LOS, works well and bank uses across all platforms

Encompass review by Terry A.
Terry A.

"Just switched from Point"

What do you like best?

Pricing engine is part of the package. Does take a learning curve to get up to stuff but I'm optimistic.

What do you dislike?

Learning curve is steep but expected. Still working on the online tutorials

Processing mortgage loans. All in one solution and supposedly better suited to the changes in the industry.

"Clunky software "

What do you like best?

Has an enormous amount of functionality as you can enter any kind of information necessary.

What do you dislike?

The software is very clunky and slow. It seems more like a program from the early 2000s than an up to date software.

Ensures documents are accurate

"My Encompass Review"

What do you like best?

I like that my entire sale cycle can be operated from one application

What do you dislike?

Some of the screens has duplicated information and can be eliminated

I sell and submit loans for underwriting, run credit reports and track progress of the loans

Encompass review by User in Financial Services

"Effective tool for managing loan files"

What do you like best?

The pipeline view is easily customized and allows me to see a quick snapshot of my files.

What do you dislike?

There tends to be latency on a regular basis.

I'm able to manage my loan files efficiently within this software.

Encompass review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"we recently converted to the encompass system"

What do you like best?

better integration and seamless end to end solutions

What do you dislike?

the customer (consumer) platform needs updated

allows for more data points and accurate business intelligence analysis that we didn't have with our prior system

"Enjoy using"

What do you like best?

great customizable options for each individual

What do you dislike?

Crashes and errors do happen occasionally

Able to all have a unique view to suit individual needs in a team environment

Learning about Encompass?

* We monitor all Encompass reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Categories