Encompass

Encompass is Ellie Mae's all-in-one integrated solution that covers the loan lifecycle and provides one system of record so you can close compliant loans.

Work for Encompass?

Ask Encompass a Question
Showing 37 Encompass reviews
Encompass review by <span>Nathan B.</span>
Nathan B.

Encompass is easy to use and has a lot of great features.

What do you like best?

Now that I am more familiar with Encompass, I like how the information flows from page to page. We also have a lot of custom programming done that allows us to do things very quickly.

What do you dislike?

I dislike when there are required fields to be completed before you can proceed and all they give you is the field number. I waste a lot of time sometimes. Now that I am more familiar with Encompass it is not that bad of an issue and a lot of times now when there is a missing field you can complete the field right there on the screen that tells you if something is missing. I also dislike how the DTI calculations get all screwy when you have more than one borrowing pair.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask what features are available by utilizing custom programming. We run Encompass unplugged so there are many, many features that are available that I am not familiar with. My understanding is that unplugged means that Encompass is run only on our intranet and it does not have access to all of the features available if it was connected to other features that are only available if it is connected to the Internet.

Encompass is awesome when it comes to preparing initial disclosures. As long as there aren't any missing required field and I have completed all of the required processes I can have the disclosures prepared and emailed to the applicant with the click of a button. I have heard that other companies that use Encompass do not have this feature and it takes a while to manually prepare the initial disclosures. This feature in itself saves

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Encompass
Encompass review by <span>Patrick T.</span>
Patrick T.

Encompass Review

What do you like best?

I like how encompass can be used for smaller companies as well as larger ones. I also love how you get emails of everything that happens with a pipeline and how it can integrate with different CRM software's. I also like how you can adjust the software to your company. With 2 different companies the functions were different.

What do you dislike?

I really hate the fact that the systems keeps freezing and dropping out. It's quite annoying. I've been with 2 companies using this software and the problem is consistent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be patient with navigating the software. It takes some time to get familiar with it.

It makes doing business very easy. As long as I have a computer with the software I can work from anywhere sending files to my clients and team.

What Loan solution do you use?

Encompass review by <span>Brian J B.</span>
Brian J B.

Encompass - Do we have a choice?

What do you like best?

Encompass is very thorough. On the producers side, it is pretty self explanatory. I've heard operations say they didn't like it when we switched at my last company.

What do you dislike?

Because of it being so thorough, my LO's can get a bit lost in what they need to insure is in the system beyond the simple 1003. Seems like it could be more streamlined. Also, I miss being able to be online vs. having to have this downloaded to my computer. I run on Mac's and need to have Windows 7 via Parallels on my laptop just to run this program. MortgageBot was all online, so I could even use my iPad. Miss that.

Hard to say on this one, we don't have a choice as individuals.

Encompass review by <span>Rachel W.</span>
Rachel W.

Encompass 360

What do you like best?

I love the customization features. We are able to build out business rules and templates to fit our needs and work flow. As our company grows and evolves, we can adjust what we need to on the software to make it work in the most efficient way.

What do you dislike?

Since our company operates on virtual desktops, there is some compatibility issues that lead to slowness for some users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dive all the way in and make use of the implementation time. Test anything and everything you can think of. It is possible to just scratch the surface with Encompass and have a LOS that works. But when you dive in and learn how to create business rules and other customization, you open up a whole new world.

Our company operates two separate mortgage operations. Our old software did not have customization options that would allow for us to utilize one software for both operations.

Encompass review by <span>Roxie V.</span>
Roxie V.

Best originations system I’ve used.

What do you like best?

I have been using encompass as my LOS system for about 4 years now and I love it. It’s extremely user friendly,easy to navigate and I love how all my origination platforms are all in one system. I would highly recommend to other professionals in my industry

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is how quickly the system times out. It will crash and shut down it your sitting idle in the same file for awhile

Encompass makes it easier to track my leads. I’m a mortgage loan officer so I’m constantly speaking to clients and attempting to qualify them. I love how all my prospect database is contained within Encompass

Encompass review by User in Financial Services

Encompass- the lender genius

What do you like best?

I like that Encompass is very innovative and is available anywhere there is internet. Long gone are the days that you must be logged onto a vpn to get access to your clients. The applications within the system move smoothly from one to the other and are relatively quick.

What do you dislike?

I wish it were more customizable. Some of the items that my company wanted to change were among the unchangeable.

We are able to deliver better customer experience with our borrowers and the builders we work with. We are quicker and more accurate in our figures.

Learning about Encompass?

* We monitor all Encompass reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Categories