Ellucian Recruitment and Student Success CRM

2.7

Work for Ellucian Recruitment and Student Success CRM?

Learning about Ellucian?

Compare Ellucian Recruitment and Student Success CRM to Similar Solutions

Ellucian Recruitment and Student Success CRM Reviews

Ask Ellucian a Question
Showing 18 Ellucian reviews
Ellucian review by Claudia L.
Claudia L.

"Recruit at Biola University"

What do you like best?

The program is user friendly and allows the operations team to work alongside the counselors and prospective/current students. Workflows are easy to set up and run, which makes work much quicker. The system catches flaws for us, and adding employee accessibility for cleanup is easy. This team accessibility is ideal, as many people touch each application/person record.

What do you dislike?

The system slows down significantly and seemly at random, and random system peculiarities occur. For example, I can only use Recruit on Google Chrome, while my coworker (same office and internet access) can only use Recruit on Firefox. Updates sometimes reset infrequently used access points within the system, such as moving an prospect to an opportunity.

Currently our biggest issue is with duplicates, as they slip through the cracks very easily. Counselors often create a person record that has little information and therefore is difficult for data entry workers to find as they input prospective student info. We've put systems into place to prevent duplicates, but they still happen and locating created duplicates to merge can be difficult.

With recruit, we are able to catch and clean up data errors and ensure that each record is meets standards of accuracy. We have been able to identify errors that commonly occur in moving data from one system to another

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Ellucian Recruitment and Student Success CRM
Ellucian review by Jered S.
Jered S.

"Don't even try."

What do you like best?

This product has been a nightmare from the start. The only thing that this product has going for it, is the dashboards that can be created to track the activities of staff members, even then, the data pulled is never accurate.

What do you dislike?

I could go on and on, but let me just say that this product loses student information and is never accurate. Ellucian claims that their platforms "talk" to each other, yet our IT department connately has to correct communication issues between the platforms.

When Ellucian pitches this product, they claim that it auto processes student applications, however they fail to inform you about the 15 step process that you have to complete to process an application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stay as far away from this product as possible.

If anything this product has created more problems than solved. From not being able to communicate with the other Ellucian products, to claiming to auto process applications, this company has lied from the moment they try to sell it to you.

The biggest benefit this product offers is the satisfaction of getting rid of it and inputting a new platform.

What Admissions and Enrollment Management solution do you use?

Ellucian review by Cecilia G.
Cecilia G.

"Organized contact"

What do you like best?

Ellucian provides a systematic structure for filing the profiles of current and past students at my institution and locating a means of contacting them as part of my work with the Registrar's office.

What do you dislike?

The software I use now seems a bit out of date: functions can take a while to load and the layout appears as if it came out of the late 90s. A renovated aesthetic would help the look of the software to match its usefulness.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your computer software can accommodate Ellucian and keep in close touch with your information technology department to determine acceptable usernames and passwords.

We use Ellucian to keep track of all our students and find means of reaching out to them as part of our goal to help more students finish their degrees. My growing familiarity with Ellucian has led me to find multiple points of contact across many media - internet, phone, mail, etc. - and update personal information as needed.

Administrator in Higher Education

"A Nightmare from the Start"

What do you like best?

The concept of the tool is great -- provide a sleek student application and recruitment interface for your academic institution based on Microsoft's Dynamic CRM product. It was very attractive and relatively easy to use.

What do you dislike?

The primary issue is that Ellucian deployed a product before they had the resources trained to properly install and support it. With an on-premise solution, the installation was botched to the point where it couldn't be upgraded past a certain point, the BRIM service in conjunction with it's matching algorithms generated an enormous amount of duplicate ID's, and support tickets went unanswered for months because they didn't have people knowledgeable enough in the product area to handle the issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider other options if you're hosting on premises. Otherwise, you MUST go the route of having Ellucian host the product for you.

Our goal was to replace the Self-Service Banner application with a next-generation solution. However, we wound up cancelling our contract and uninstalled the product. We returned to using the SSB application which has been working much better -- we've seen a 95% reduction in duplicate PIDMs as opposed to using Recruiter.

Ellucian review by User in Higher Education

"Banner and Degree Works Works!"

What do you like best?

With training, it is relatively easy to learn. I love the documentation that it shows. It grants students the ability to do things, which promotes a sense of responsibility AND saves time for both students and advisors. Every link takes you to where it should, making it relatively straight-forward. Overall, I find it to be very useful.

What do you dislike?

It does not look as modern as it could look; it looks very basic. Some aspects of the recruitment part can be intimidating. It doesn't support all browsers, from my experience.

admissions, enrolling, grading

Ellucian review by User in Higher Education

"Basics met, but not much more"

What do you like best?

I like that reports can be created for data I need. Reports are, fore the most part, readable and easy to understand. I can download them into excel nicely, and the print reports look nice enough that I can share with my boss directly.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could create graphics with the data within the database without having to use another program. It could be more user friendly- it honestly took my about a year to feel really good with where everything is located- things are not intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are better products out there, I wouldn't start using this unless we were already using.

We are able to keep out data in one place, which is important as we are many offices within a large system. Ellucian though, does not allow us to keep all information and so we need to use a secondary CRM (salesforce) for keeping track of engagements.

Ellucian review by Jennifer G.
Jennifer G.

"Not a bad software"

What do you like best?

Great for keeping up with data and sending out correspondence

What do you dislike?

It is slow and crashes a lot. Sometimes it doesn't send reminders which causes an issue

Updating data reports

Administrator in Higher Education

"Very powerful tool for Integration "

What do you like best?

I like the integration of the different platforms operated by Ellucian.

What do you dislike?

We had some lag in the web applications where students applications could not go through.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a very good software and their customer support is top.

Student Enrollment. One of the benefits has been the ease of use and the ability to pull information from different parts of the ellucian programs because of the integration.

Ellucian review by Amber B.
Amber B.

"Hard to grasp."

What do you like best?

I like the interface, very fun and friendly. I like the funnel/ visuals and colorfulness of the program.

What do you dislike?

I dislike there is SO many options. i wish there were less clickable areas and more information housed in the areas needed. The program is also really hard to learn and tends to have too many options.

Marketing and outreach. I think it's great for mass sending things and understanding our population.

Ellucian review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Not my favorite"

What do you like best?

It connects with BANNER, so that's a plus. If you just need it for recruitment and nothing else, it's okay

What do you dislike?

It's not a lifecycle CRM product. It does not speak to Ellucian Advise at all, so if you have multiple systems, you essentially have multiple CRMS. to me it defeats the purpose. Not a ton of customization options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a lifecycle product, this isn't it. It has zero connection to the next module, Advise. For us, it's a major pain point and defeats the purpose of a CRM.

Tracking prospects in the recruitment pipeline

Ellucian review by Wegner P.
Wegner P.

"Difficult integration"

What do you like best?

The application feature looks nice and can be tailored to the question that are needed on the college application.

What do you dislike?

The integration is not great. The high school plug in and other plugins are cumbersome.

Tracking of incomplete applications, recruitment activities, and staff ability to see students in the funnel

Ellucian review by User in Higher Education

"Not user friendly - INB (Banner)"

What do you like best?

It contains a huge amount of info which is great however...

What do you dislike?

It is not at ALL user friendly. I feel like I need to be a coding expert to find anything.

We use it to find and organize student data but it takes me forever to find anything.

Ellucian review by Kim C.
Kim C.

"Ellucian Review"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and learn. Great way to access many records and files.

What do you dislike?

No major problems, it could be slow at times.

I am able to get a wealth of information that help me make decisions about different accounts.

Ellucian review by User in Aviation & Aerospace
User in Aviation & Aerospace

"Ellucian Recruitment"

What do you like best?

This is a great CRM that allows employees and recruitment staff to be on the same page when talking with students and gathering information that will benefit university student success.

What do you dislike?

The amount of people involved in making sure Ellucian runs properly was a slight pain as we realized we did not have the finances or man power to ensure this was going to be successful when we first signed up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly suggest you get a trial run and see if this works for you!

We are solving dashboard issues we had in the past and we are solving better intracompany communication.

Ellucian review by User in Higher Education

"does what it is supposed to do"

What do you like best?

fairly easy to manage students and staff

What do you dislike?

there's a lot of add-ons and it seemed to take a bit of time to roll out, it's not something you implement quickly

it's a sound tool to manage students and staff in an educational enviroment

Ellucian review by User in Internet

"Ellucian CRM "

What do you like best?

Very powerful, customizable, and does a lot of different jobs.

What do you dislike?

Maybe a little too complex for our purposes. Nothing ever seems to work the way it is supposed to.

We are in education and looking to capture potential and current students in a detailed database, create tasks related to them, and have lots of different status indications.

Ellucian review by User in Defense & Space
User in Defense & Space

"Not the best "

What do you like best?

Nothing really stuck out to make me like this over my other options

What do you dislike?

It isn't really easy to use and ease of use is big to me

Keeping track of our candidates and it didn't work as planned

"Help our retention"

What do you like best?

The constant contact feature that allows us to communicate with students is awesome.

What do you dislike?

Ellucian is not user friendly and an absolute beast to train with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it. Our numbers are already up higher and we are still implementing this.

communicating with students

Learning about Ellucian Recruitment and Student Success CRM?

* We monitor all Ellucian Recruitment and Student Success CRM reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Ellucian Recruitment and Student Success CRM to Similar Solutions