4.0
(328 reviews)

Emma’s email marketing platform focuses on segmentation, automation, and an easy-to-use email builder to make it easy for teams of all sizes to leverage their customer data, increase engagement, and drive more revenue from email.

Work for Emma?

Learning about Emma?

Emma Reviews

Ask Emma a Question
Showing 336 Emma reviews
Emma review by Karl T.
Karl T.

"Decent-Good basic email marketing software with low integrity and customer appreciation"

What do you like best?

Emma provides very aesthetically pleasing emails while being user friendly. This product is competitive with other basic email marketing SAAS products such as Constant Contact and Mail Chimp and wins in many categories against these providers.

What do you dislike?

Trust and integrity. Don't let their sales staff fool you on their upgraded packages. This is a very basic easy to use email service, that's it. Their upgraded packages which claim to add advanced features and automation don't hold a candle to a true email automation SAAS product such as Infusionsoft etc. Their sales account reps make big claims on the capability of the features but when actually using them, the workarounds that you will need to do are tedious. We have been using Emma for many years because of the attractive email layouts and ease of use. When we saw the new upgraded tools and the functionality promised by the sales rep we were very excited. Unfortunately after really diving in, we found that the tools were not capable of effectively executing the processes and automation sequences that we needed. Soon after we signed the upgrade, we relayed the concern of the program not performing as advertised. We were met with a reminder that we signed a one year contract on the upgrade and that we'd have to stick it out. Did I mention that prior to this we were customers for over 5 years? Because of this, we will be cancelling our entire account when the upgraded package expires. It's unfortunate, as we would have continued to be customers for many years to come. It's definitely not worth the price especially if you have need for more advanced features or if you want to do business with a company that appreciates you. I would not recommend doing business with Emma.

Update: As many will notice, an Emma team member responded to my review and left a phone number to call to speak about my Emma experience. I finally decided to give them a call. As it turns out this is their support line and I was on hold for 18 minutes before ending my call. That being said, if you need support as a customer, your experience may be the same.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are comparing the product to basic email providers like Mail Chimp and Constant contact, it competes and from my experience offers better designs. Looking for automation and other advanced features? Look elsewhere. Looking for a company that values your business and has ethical sales practices, definitely look elsewhere.

Good for basic, quick and attractive email broadcasts.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Emma
Emma review by Dakota R.
Dakota R.

"Easy tool with massive impact"

What do you like best?

Emma’s easy-to-edit templates are a breeze to use and are a great way to start a mass mailing. Plus, their ability to test multiple subject lines (and see the results for which ones lead to the most clicks) makes it certain that your email will get the greatest engagement possible.

What do you dislike?

Emma forces you to choose small, medium, or large photos without an easy way to resize to exact dimensions. (This is due mainly to the fact that all Emma emails are optimized for mobile and desktop). It can be tricky to get the hang of in the beginning when you have a specific “look” you’re going for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend taking a trial and implementing Emma in Phases. Trying to train an entire team at once may be a little overwhelming, but Emma is easy to work with once you know what you’re doing.

Emma has been my go-to tool to ensure that my emails are being utilized. In my field, missed communications result in customers facing financial penalties, so its a huge bonus to have help in creating emails with high engagement. Another massive benefit has been in cost. Emma allows my company to send emails out for $.01 each. Compared to printing and mailing rates, Emma is a huge cost saver.

What Email Marketing solution do you use?

Emma review by Trista B.
Trista B.

"Reaching our client base with Emma"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use. The ready-to-go templates save me time and brain power. Our clients get a beautiful, professional-looking communication from us. I can integrate and customize the look of my Eventbrite events into my emails with no trouble.

What do you dislike?

I don't like adding contacts to my Audience. I haven't mastered the bulk upload. I just need to take the time to work on the issues I experienced early-on that stem from bad exports from my agency management system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the import / export functionality. Seems like a no-brainer, but my agency management system doesn't export system data into spreadsheets so this was a challenge for me during setup. No fault of Emma.

We wanted our client base to know about all of the services we offer outside of insurance products. With Emma, I can get that information to them in mass or by industry (or Group in Emma).

Emma review by Benjamin T.
Benjamin T.

"Flexibility is a double-edged sword"

What do you like best?

The analytics of user visits, clicks, and interest are a great help. When you have direct information about who is clicking on what, and who are your most avid readers, you can draw conclusions about a dedicated sub-set of your mailing list.

What do you dislike?

Incredibly frustrating editing problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Emma has a great range of in-text editing flexibility, but they haven't worked out the kinks of realizing that flexibility without there being massive drawbacks. Reformatting links and text after copying and pasting is a massive time suck for me. Frequently, Emma will freeze an element, and a whole section must be deleted to clean up the mistake. I was bulleting a list, and the final bullet froze in the bottom of the 'jobs' section of the newsletter. I couldn't even click on the bullet to delete it. I had to copy and paste the whole section to a clean section; except EMMA has poor copy and paste functionality. I had to reformat every single change in text size, boldness, heading...EMMA will be the bane of your existence with piddling errors and trivial formatting issues. But, it will frustrate nonetheless.

We have been able to manage the mailings of our monthly mobility management newsletter, and track which users have clicked on what, and what topics over time have been the most popular.

Emma review by Kyle M.
Kyle M.

"Good Email Marketing Software"

What do you like best?

One of my favorite things about Emma is the recent mailings view that is there when you login in. It gives you a snapshot if important information of your most recent campaign. It also includes all the important info that you use to track your campaign trends (open rate, click rate).

What do you dislike?

I dislike the lack of ability to edit templates. Sometimes it is easier to just start from scratch with a black template, then you can do whatever you like with it. I also do not like their drag and drop features. It gets difficult putting things where you want them with all the forced boxes and lines that you have to navigate when adding items.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is pretty straightforward, and you just need to play around with it if you have never used it before. It is similar to other email marketing platforms like constant contact and mail chimp.

One problem we are solving with this software is connecting with our customers after they leave our store or website. This keeps our customers engaged with us. This is also being used to drive traffic to our social media websites as well as our website.

Emma review by Shannon A.
Shannon A.

"Game-Changer for our Email Marketing Strategy"

What do you like best?

A/B testing, design help, and ability to see where people are clicking most on an email are just a few of the things Emma can do and it has stepped up our email marketing game tremendously. Their customer support is OUT OF THIS WORLD. We have worked with other platforms and never have ever spoken to a real person and day one of signing up we got to meet our entire team at Emma that will help us strategize and build out a successful year with email marketing - UNBELIEVABLE.

What do you dislike?

Can't group our emails since we work in separate divisions, but we also just started using Emma so we have a lot to learn as far as flow goes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best email marketing platform out there -- No question about it.

Our email lists were not targeted enough so we were missing out on big opportunities to cater to our audience. Emma has completely solved this problem with their groups/segmenting and it's already helping us get more business.

Emma review by Administrator

"Lacks functionality, no reason to spend on Emma with so many great competitors out there"

What do you like best?

The WYSIWYG is easy to use. It has the basic email marketing functionalities.

What do you dislike?

This platform is quite primitive. I absolutely DO NOT recommend it. I can't wait to switch to something else once our subscription is up.

If you're an absolute beginner to email marketing or not a marketing person but rather someone taking on marketing responsibilities, then it's fine.

Although Emma looks like a promising, professional platform, in reality, it is quite basic, too top-level (no specificity), not fully customizable, etc.

My biggest gripes with Emma are:

- Insights and analytics are quite lacking. Does not go deeper than open, click rates, and opt-outs.

- Out of all email marketing software I have I used, Emma emails are the ones that go into spam most easily.

No, not "promotions" or "unfocused". Spam.

- The available pre-made email templates look very old-school and outdated. Very 2004. There is no marketplace or option to acquire more.

- Thankfully, you can use your own custom HTML email templates, but the interface is a bit funky. Every time you preview your email and hit "back" it returns you to the top of the frame.

- You can't save custom HTML templates and then edit them as a WYSIWYG like in HubSpot or MailChimp.

- Their email templates are NOT fully cross-browser or cross-platform compatible.

- Emma automatically generates mobile versions for their "mobile ready" themes. Other platforms let you make edits to how your mobile and desktop versions will look separately.

- They have a field for custom preview text, but it doesn't work for all email providers.

- Has integrations with very few third-party platforms.

- Automation workflow rules lack some basic functionalities (for example, send THIS given XXYZ open conditions are met)

- Etc.

- Doesn't allow you to personalize Subject Lines or descriptions

- Only A/B testing available is for subject lines

Sending mass emails, seeing if they were opened and clicked on. That's it.

Emma review by Brian F.
Brian F.

"Building emails takes twice as long as it should"

What do you like best?

Analytics - very good response statistics, lots of detail.

What do you dislike?

Everything else. The interface for building emails is trash. Randomly inserts break tags in text. Changing text color is a fiasco. Very limited options for photo sizes. Code generated by drag-&-drop editor is an absolute mess. No option to create email categories for people to opt out of. Not a good tool for membership-based audience list, where I need to upload an entirely new list every time -- automatic import doesn't provide an option to remove expired members.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stop considering it. It shouldn't even be on your list of contenders. Use MailChimp or Constant Contact instead.

This program came to me with a new client. The benefits over the system most of our clients use: better response metrics.

Emma review by VALENTINA  V.
VALENTINA V.

"Marketing eficaz"

What do you like best?

Aplicación de marketing digital destinada a dar un servicio rápido, con una utilidad propia de grandes competidores en el mercado y una eficacia que consigue implantarla como una de las mejores para la gestión de marketing facilitando a su vez las tareas de feedback a través de una serie de notificaciones.

What do you dislike?

Uno de los inconvenientes es que sólo está disponible en inglés. Aunque se puede deducir las mayores partes, se agradecería que dicha herramienta tuviese más idiomas disponibles para poder realizar tareas más rapido.

Recommendations to others considering the product

La App es muy buena herramienta en comparaciĂłn con el resto que se dedican a lo mismo.

A través de la App la gestión del marketing en base a correos electrónicos, cumple con una funciòn lógica y constante en la cual todos los datos utilizados para la gestión de éste departamento, destaca por encima de otras herramientas no tan rápidas y con esa agilidad que destaca para la obtención de unos resultados propicios y esperados.

Emma review by Lovely K.
Lovely K.

"Used this software when I have started my career in online marketing "

What do you like best?

I have started this Emma in the early of my career in online marketing. Emma is a basic email marketing software related to Ultra Mailer, MailChimp etc. I normally found nice looking user interface and templates to work with and sending emails to my thousands of clients. This email marketing software is faster enough. Emma is an easy email marketing solution for non technical person. Someone can easily create gorgeous templates and can run a campaign easily.

What do you dislike?

Hard to change the fronts to another fronts. The technical service is not too good enough. Sometimes it seems slower. At last, the price is not so reasonable that's we have switched to other platform. But, this software is enough for basic email marketing solutions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have included some negative and positive issues in this review. Please first have a look on them. Then, if you are interested you can use it. This is a good software for email marketing.

I have used Emma for email marketing solution in the early in my career that I have started in my running company. I found this software good enough for basic need. Though I have some issues with this software but this software is good enough for the beginners. This is very easy to use Emma to setup and run a campaign for your email marketing.

Emma review by Administrator

"Really enjoy working with Emma"

What do you like best?

Emma is really user friendly and intuitive. The design options are great and the analytics are detailed. We are able to manage our lists very well and send very targeted emails to folks that we know what to receive them. Our client rep is very responsive and helpful whenever we run into a question or roadblock on our account.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the template that we had designed for us can be very touchy. Just requires a bit of trial and error to get the hang of it. I don't love that when you are inactive for a certain period of time it logs you out, this is a security feature I imagine but I often work on an email and then go back to it later and then will have to log in again which is just a bit time consuming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Work with the Emma team to get a template designed, this will help you in creating additional templates that have your brand incorporated well into the email. Also be sure to keep in touch with your rep, they will be the best person to reach out to when you have an issue and so having a good relationship with them is always super helpful.

We see that our customers love our new design with Emma and also tend to interact more. We also are able to keep better track of our email lists and target more effectively.

Emma review by Patricia M.
Patricia M.

"We are mastering email marketing using Emma."

What do you like best?

Emma’a email newsletter templates are easy to use ,and I like how I am able to measure the effect of multiple subject lines for our newsletter campaigns and determine subject lines with the highest impact.

I also appreciate the effectiveness of Professional Services experts at Emma, who have improved our email marketing efforts and campaigns by providing us with customized newsletter designs , helping to effectively analyze campaign results, while giving us access to compelling email contents ,which have all come together to improve our sales conversion.

What do you dislike?

I have reservations about our inability to modify existing newsletter templates on Emma.Also data we save on Emma gets deleted after an eighteen month period,even if we are still active users and this makes very little sense to me.

Emma has enabled us to maintain contact with current and especially former customers by putting us in their sights via our regular newsletters.Ensuring they are well informed and updated on every new products ,promotions and services we have available.

Emma review by User in Higher Education

"EMMA in Higher Education"

What do you like best?

Ease of use in design without a background knowledge in coding. Click and drag and setup a template in minutes.

What do you dislike?

Formatting. Every time you need to cut and paste you lose all of your text formatting and need to hyperlink or adjust sizing all over again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great product and you can see that they are making changes to make it even better. They offer a lot of tutorials but once you start using, its easy to catch on. Uploading audiences and sending e-mails are a breeze, along with scheduling. However, sometimes it does take awhile to send the actual e-mails and get analytics back for larger mailings.

We are able to see how effective certain campaigns are and better locate students in their exact spot in the marketing cycle to help them complete applications or register for orientation, etc.

Emma review by User

"Recently improved but still has a way to go"

What do you like best?

The functionality is okay. I like the way you can instantly see the statistics on how effective your eblast is and the percentage of your audience that views it. They recently improved some of the problematic features which is good. Previously, you couldn't look at an eblast that you sent without it duplicating it and creating a new one.

What do you dislike?

It is one of the slowest programs I have ever worked on. I spend more time watching the little circle spinning. Not sure why everything takes so long to load. You also can't delete files that you create in error.

It's a little clunky and is limited in its design capabilities.

One problem I would like to see solved is when you want to send out an eblast multiple times. You can only only set up one time. You have to keep duplicating the same eblast and making individual campaigns for every time you want to send it out which is ridiculous. You should be able to check multiple times for one eblast.

We send out all our eblasts through Emma. It's effective in providing an analysis of audience response. You can set up various groups to send to. You can set a time to send out eblasts.

Emma review by User in Higher Education

"Easy to use, create beautiful campaigns."

What do you like best?

Emma is very easy to work in and creates lovely responsive emails. The features I appreciate most are the dynamic content, personalization, and segmentation options. The way that our team uses data doesn't allow us to use this feature, but you can also allow your subscribers to manage their email preferences.

What do you dislike?

Data is only saved for 18 months. Some reporting features aren't very useful, and I usually will extract data to do analysis elsewhere.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you understand how list management in Emma works and plan out what options you want to give your subscribers for preference management before you start using the tool; just set it all up right the first time to save yourself any frustrations later! Especially consider what data integrations you may require and if the platform will serve you in that regard. (When I was hired and started using Emma, the platform was already set up and there are some features and data implications that weren't thought through.)

Emma allows us to quickly build and send successful campaigns, so the primary benefit to us has been less time spent on coding.

Emma review by Randall N.
Randall N.

"Outdated and Unrealiable"

What do you like best?

With this system, nothing stands out from the competition. It does the bare minimum. Compared to other systems avaible in 2018, it lacks feactures needed in the modern marketing.

What do you dislike?

If you are looking for any system that is up to date and ready to get conversations this not your first choice. Emma is a very simple system and was not built with data in mind. Very hard to manage your contacts and very un-customizable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The system is best for simple use cases.

The system was designed to help reach our customers through email to drive conversions and inform them on specials and opportunities.

Emma review by Mario M.
Mario M.

"How can a company care so much and sell email services? Is it a front for amazing person training?"

What do you like best?

Email marketing built for everyone! Never done any email marketing? Need a solution that will scale as you grow? Email wizard that is tired of complicated systems? If you answered YES to any of these then Emma is a solution that you truly need to consider.

The Emma staff go above and beyond to help their customers realize their goals. They are responsive, innovative, excellent at support and truly invested in the success of their customers.

They have realized that by focusing on the true success of their customers they will be successful as a business. Here are a few of the things that I (and you will) love about Emma: top notch design services, free weekly product trainings, custom integration support, good old fashioned list management/list growth. These things and many moreare all delivered with a smile and "what else can we do to help you" attitude.

If you are considering an email platform that is effective and easy to use. Do yourself and your business a favor and take a good close look at Emma. In a world where digital marketing should be only a catalyst for analog experiences, Emma is a benchmark.

What do you dislike?

some of the dynamic content components are a bit tricky to use as they must live in the email and are not dynamically pulling from a table.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The support is top notch, the program is so easy to use and they are improving it with updates every day.

We use Emma in two very different ways: To communicate with our dealers partners. We provide email templates and integrations into our SalesForce instance that allows our dealer partners (all over North America) to market and communicate with their leads and customers.

Emma review by Rachel B.
Rachel B.

"User Friendly with templates"

What do you like best?

I like that emma saves past email campaigns and templates so that we are able to alter past ones to fit future needs. So many of our emails are timely, or can be used multiple times just in future months so having past emails that we can edit and work off of is great

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are weird glitches with fonts, and I'm not always able to get original formatting to work. Which is when finding an old template works best.

Tracking emails, sending out campaigns, seeing what taglines create action items like opening the emails and clicking on links.

Emma review by Carrie H.
Carrie H.

"Good product ... but not great"

What do you like best?

Email marketing capability; customer service

What do you dislike?

Email design templates are lacking; platform can often be glitchy and slow

Recommendations to others considering the product

A great product for consistent email marketing users, Emma is a solid product with some glitches in the platform. It can often run slow and the email design tool doesn't have some basic functions likes Undo. Over the years, the company has spent a lot of time improving their marketing, but I would love to see them put that same effort into the actual email building tool, which hasn't really changed in the 3+ years I've been using the product. Overall, Emma is a great product, but somewhat lacking as it relates to email marketing giants like MailChimp and Constant Contact.

Emma is a solid email marketing tool that has allowed us to communicate with our audience on a consistent basis.

Emma review by James S.
James S.

"Intuitive Email Service"

What do you like best?

They just renovated the interface of the platform to be a bit more modern. They supply both an API and a custom form generator for you to choose either for collecting email addresses to feed your newsletter. You can segment your audience for email campaigns, upload excel sheets or CSV sheets of emails to your audiences, and do A B Testing on emails to determine best responses from your audiences.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes setting up the API to integrate with the backend of my wordpress sites with the GravityForms plugin is a bit tedious and finding the API information can be a tad hard to find in the new layout, but these are all things that the average person doesn't have to worry about. Command Z doesn't undo, you have to press the button that says "Revert Back To:" (which has a dropdown of the last autosave states of the email you are building out). The analytics are good, but I feel like there could definitely be more information and suggestive prompts of how to better make an email, or here are what these numbers can mean to you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool and simplistic to use. It has a lot of features that most everyone needs, but when it comes to more technical stuff you need created, they will try to work with you but most likely will not be able to help you.

Sometimes the email campaign builder is glitchy and doesn't generate the best responsive design, but you just have to send yourself a test email before sending out the email to verify everything looks good.

Overall it's a great platform, easy to use, and the customer support service is above average.

Emma review by Susan C.
Susan C.

"Major implementation across the country"

What do you like best?

I chose Emma for their Tiered Account, which allows our company to provide Assets (templates, graphics, and logos) to our independent reps throughout the United States. This is working out beautifully, and is being universally embraced.

What do you dislike?

Very little to dislike. Would like to see a curving tool in the Editor that would allow text blocks and graphics to have a slightly curved corner. Have conveyed this to tech support and the feature is being considered.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compare your current email software on mobile devices to Emma and you'll want all your mobile users to see the difference that we've found using Emma.

The business problem: 70+ reps with decentralized email campaigns for their region.

The benefits: excitement from them for the improvement to their work/life and the ability to take templates I create at the top level and customize for their region and business. Also, Emma is truly "responsive", meaning that campaigns adapt beautifully to any size screen.

Emma review by Janeth W.
Janeth W.

"User friendly platform with great features!"

What do you like best?

Emma offers drag and drop templates that also allows you to customize. Their design quality is far superior than other email marketing services I have used. They integrate with several other platforms. I love how Emma is constantly adding features and they have a ton of helpful webinars that really add value.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if more templates are added to Emma. Setting up workflow can be a little cumbersome and may require assistance from the Emma team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's very user-friendly and almost error proof. There may be times where the Emma team may need to help. However, they are extremely helpful and resolve any issues.

We use Emma for both our wholesale distributors and we also use it to send promos to our retail consumers.

Emma review by Administrator in Machinery
Administrator in Machinery

"Emma Makes Sending Emails Easy"

What do you like best?

We switched to Emma from Constant Contact mostly because we could get a base level enterprise for the same cost we were paying Constant Contact with their extras. Emma has some nice additional features including in their base price like A/B testing & Salesforce integration. Creating a template from an email is easy and their drag and drop system is nice. The interface of Emma is very clean. The reporting is very nice visually. It's nice that you can create a template for a recurring email.

What do you dislike?

The contact management section is clunky and could use some interface work. The form creation process is easy but the newer lightbox form does not work very well. There needs to be more customization for the templates. There are areas of a template that cannot be changed at all like header logo placement and colors of elements. Constant Contact is superior in this area.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you do a free trial. You need to get a feel for the platform. Especially if switching from another company.

We have multiple businesses in our company so being able to all use the same platform but have our areas and share assets is a nice addition. We haven't yet used the workflow or Salesforce integration but are looking forward to learning more about it.

Emma review by April M.
April M.

"Easy to learn and great customer support"

What do you like best?

I started using Emma for a client at our agency and had to learn it pretty quickly without any prior experience, it's easy to get the hang of and once you have a template, easy to compile weekly newsletters with. I've now shown several other coworkers the ropes and expanded my use of it greatly due to quick customer support whenever we have questions on how to do something new.

What do you dislike?

Drag and drop editor could be smoother to use. Wish the dashboard showed more overview info on each newsletter without having to click in.

Being able to target non-openers with ease has been incredible. Emma automates much of the targeting process, allowing users to split audiences and separate out segments very easily. We've increased the open rate on our emails by 10+ points using this workflow. The click distribution map feature is a great way to quickly see which articles are resonating with subscribers.

Emma review by Ryan R.
Ryan R.

"Easy-to-use interface, frequent feature updates, impeccable customer service."

What do you like best?

Ease of use, first of all. Designing an attractive, informative e-mail rich with imagery and video content is very easy. Furthermore, Emma allows deep segmenting and grouping of contacts, and allows for automation chains to be easily programmed - You can automate a second e-mail that only goes to users who didn't open the first one, for example. Their customer support is unparalleled.

What do you dislike?

Multiple user logins/accounts gets a little tricky to wrangle when you get into the differences between accounts, managers, and sub-accounts.

We've been able to achieve a level of targeting that wasn't possible for us before Emma. We never send the wrong message to the wrong people, which dramatically decreases our unsubscribes while ensuring that users only receive messages that are relevant interesting to them. Thanks Emma!

Emma review by Isaac K.
Isaac K.

"Effective Modern Email Marketing "

What do you like best?

I love how clean MyEmma helps make email marketing. From the design to the reporting and email capture, MyEmma provides necessary tools in a simple manner that make it easy for someone to come in and compile a beautiful email, but also have tools to learn about A/B testing and open rates.

As part of an agency it really makes managing multiple client email marketing very simple, and as an individual allows me to be able to provide a high quality email marketing product.

What do you dislike?

There's not a lot I currently dislike, and they recently implemented new features that combat what I would have 'disliked' about 6 months ago.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely try it out and you will see how much better your email marketing design and reporting will become!

Reaching customers in an effective manner. Being able to customize email marketing to test groups by simply adjusting some of the content and testing has proven to be a real insight into why MyEmma has done it right!

Emma review by Cecilia R.
Cecilia R.

"Mass Email Distributor "

What do you like best?

Emma is really easy to use and its really to import the contacts, which is something that makes using this service super simple and user friendly.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that some of the services they offer have a cap to how many contacts one can have, and although they reset at the start of the month, this can be inconvenient for businesses like the ones I work for.

Emma has helped my company reach out to a large crowd of students, which would've otherwise been hard to do without this service.

Emma review by Jeffrey G.
Jeffrey G.

"Emma Is Fantastic"

What do you like best?

Emma has been wonderful for our company and reaching out to our current and prospective clients. We have been blown away by their customer service, and I could not be happier about using them. I refer them out to anyone and everyone we work with.

What do you dislike?

While I have stated that Emma has been a joy to work with we had some difficulty getting up and going. The on boarding process while pretty straight forward was rather time consuming which could be frustrating at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you'd like to get your email marketing under control, use Emma.

Emma has really taken our email marketing game to another level. We can now easily get the word out about what's going on with our company.

Emma review by Cory S.
Cory S.

"Complete waste of money and horrible experience"

What do you like best?

Has nice templates...which every Email Marketing company has. Thats about it

What do you dislike?

Holding businesses in to continued billing when they dont use your product. And the $399 training that is a complete scam

Recommendations to others considering the product

Plenty of other great, more affordable options out their that dont bind you in to a contract.

First and foremost, DO NOT spend the $399 on the "training", that is a complete scam.

Second, do not try the product for your business clients unless you are absolutely sure you will be using it for a long period of time. MYEmma will not let you out of the (all together) ridiculous term "contract" they have. There are plenty of other better options that provide the same features with no set contract, ie MailChimp.

Horrible experience, I used the product for one month, with NO real training and discontinued using the product and email marketing service for my business. Yet, MyEmma is still charging my credit card, costing my business money. If a company isn't using your product or you they are unsatisfied with your product, you should not continue to bill them. That is a prime example of a greedy business that doesn't care about Customer Satisfaction, only money.

Emma review by Jeri Lyn R.
Jeri Lyn R.

"Room for growth"

What do you like best?

Emma is quick! I like the variety of templates and the social share features are good.

What do you dislike?

I'd like access to stock photos, much like what is available through Constant Contact. Not being able to caption photos is a real pain. I have to place photo attributions on the photos directly--not great. I also spend a lot of time fighting with fonts. Emma seems to think it knows what fonts I want. I'd like to be able to set my fonts once.

I use Emma primarily to send out a weekly eye health newsletter and updates about our annual charity fun run. I enjoy seeing where people click to access information and have crafted subsequent placement based on that information. With our recent uptick in sign-ups, I gather our audience finds the web enrollment form easier to use as well.

Emma review by Andrew C.
Andrew C.

"Good email service provider, easy to use"

What do you like best?

The customer service is great, and the email templates look really nice. It's easy to use and understand. I especially like the "mailing score" and "click map", so you can see how people are responding to your emails. As I learn more, I want to use more of the automation tools as well.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more customization tools on the emails. It's hard to get it looking exactly the way you want it. I would like more templates to use as well, because I've been using the same ones.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read up on the different options of how to use. the system and take advantage of the customer support.

We are able to reach our constituents reliably and drive them to actions that suit our needs such as donating or volunteering. Most of our audience responds well to the professional emails sent from Emma's system.

Emma review by Emily R.
Emily R.

"Emma is a decent email marketing tool but not the best in it's price range. "

What do you like best?

Emma is decently intuitive and offers a basic analytics package for a decent price. It's easy to create templates and to drag and drop your text boxes & images. They also have a great community forum that makes it easy to search for any issues you are experiencing.

What do you dislike?

Emma just isn't that robust of an email marketing tool. Yes, it always A/B testing but only under certain parameters and restrictions. Its analytics are pretty basic and I wasn't able to get a ton of insight on what was working, what wasn't, and how to improve our email stategy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for basic use, not for a robust, complex marketing tool.

We were using Emma as another branch of our Content Marketing strategy. Email Marketing is a great way for us to provide updates and new features to current customers and also promote our business to new leads.

"MyEmma Review"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to create from templates.

What do you dislike?

Formatting in myEmma is a pain. You have to be wary about selecting "Paste without styles" or "Paste with styles" and have to select everything but the first character to have it adopt the style you want. It is a pain to carefully paste text, and sometimes myEmma won't play nicely with bulleted lists. I also don't like how there is no "command z" function or back function. You can revert to earlier drafts, but a command would be nicer.

Mass emailings to insurance agents, patients and internal communications. Nice to be able to handle these mass mailings and receive reports on how the mailing did.

Emma review by Laura G.
Laura G.

"Great tool for time management and inbox de-stressing! "

What do you like best?

I love that boomerang lets me schedule messages to send in the future, or to bring back in to my inbox. I can also track information on opened and unopened emails. It's so flexible and has saved me so much time. It's also great for those emails you're writing at 12am but don't want to send until 9! You just schedule a time and it's all set, no more worry!

What do you dislike?

I'd love a little more robust reporting on opened emails, at this point I do not seem to be able to see who specifically opened the email if it is sent to multiple people or to a shared email list.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The free credits run out fast but a yearly subscription is worth it! They also have discounts for non-profits and volume discounts as well.

Saving time and frustration! I often get emails that do not need immediate attention and by boomeranging them back to my inbox when they do need to be addressed I keep my inbox uncluttered, as well as my mind!

Emma review by User in Sporting Goods
User in Sporting Goods

"Nice people - but this email service is better for smaller businesses "

What do you like best?

This was a good service to help us get started in the email marketing

What do you dislike?

Under analytics, it categorizes a large number of emails under 'other' instead of showing what platform the email was opened on (Outlook, Yahoo, Gmail, etc.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a larger company with multiple brands or divisions, I would going with something like Hubspot from the very beginning so you don't have to go through the hassle of making the switch to a new service. However if you're a small business, or just getting started in email marketing, Emma is a good solution to get you started. From there you can decide if it meets all of your needs.

This helped us get started in email marketing and email automation, but does not offer all the solutions we're looking for

Emma review by User

"They design the email for you costly"

What do you like best?

They really take the time to design a newsletter for you exactly for your specifications for free. I paid 500 to my designer for a logo newsletter and invitation so this was a deal. They really talk to you to explain their product and their design team is wonderful and fast

What do you dislike?

The price was too expensive for me after I was using mail chimp and I no longer had the money I used to I think at the time on 2011 it was 10 dollars per month and my costs were already high plus they do not let you use a picture box so at the time I only had my home address

Recommendations to others considering the product

It’s great if you have an address and want to show a professional image and want to show off content. The design team is wonderful with no problems they give you exactly what you want where other designers don’t

It makes a small business look a lot bigger and more professional for not a lot of money. You have to already have customers though. I had customers from old events 500 but I had not contacted them in a few years

"Lacks flexibility"

What do you like best?

I like that it is possible to customize templates and make them look like your brand, and not like a cookie-cutter email.

What do you dislike?

I feel it takes a lot of steps to put an email together. It just doesn't feel very intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It was here before I got my current position, so I don't know why they picked this one over others. My recommendation would be to analyze other options in the market before committing to this product.

We work in higher-ed and we use Emma to send emails and pitches both internally and externally. It does the job but I don't see a whole lot of extraordinary features in it.

Emma review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Great tool for segmentation and easy creative upload"

What do you like best?

I really like how easy uploading creative is on Emma. Previously I was using a different software which was really really annoying to upload—you had to slice an email up in 10 different slices and assign each slice with each link. Such a pain. Emma makes the upload process very simple. You can even upload gifs to animate your email, which helps things really pop. You can put emojis in subject lines which adds some eye-catching flair (previously I was unable to do that). The design options look great, and the rest feature works well.

I used it for segmentation with a very large national database and had no complaints.

What do you dislike?

You have to upload a file with very specific dimensions. But that’s pretty simple to get used to, if you are adept at designing emails on photoshop and then uploading them rather than doing too much natively.

Also, extracting data is not the easiest process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a solid basic, easy to use software with great features, for sure.

Streamlining the design process and using innovative creative decisions to increase CTR.

Emma review by User

"Works well but confuses me"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to send a ton of information out. And the quality is incredible. It looks great.

What do you dislike?

For me (and it may be operator error), it is not that easy to figure out HOW to make the presentation. The text features are almost counter-intuitive. And the help features do not really help with that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You must fiddle around with it for a while. It takes some time to really understand what you want to do with it. You will see constant improvement in your output, but the learning curve is very much upward. It is not extremely steep, but it does have a strong incline to it (the learning curve that is).

I sent out videos and information to those that are in my area. It has accomplished the need of getting the information out, but it has not triggered major responses yet. Perhaps, once again, that is operator error.

Emma review by Nicole W.
Nicole W.

"I love my Emma"

What do you like best?

This company does it right! Everything is easy to use and simple to understand.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about this tool at the moment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a easy to use e-newsletter program this is your best bet!

I am able to send emails to all of my contacts quickly and conveniently. It benefits me by allowing the stats to be easily read to know what our customers are doing.

Emma review by Sara M.
Sara M.

"Clean look with easy design templates"

What do you like best?

I like that Emma provides a platform that allows you to create clean, crisp emails and is user friendly. I also really find their email reports to beneficial with the insight they give you. My fact that Emma hosts a prominent conference that is directly tied to what my consulting firm offers, makes Emma more appealing. I feel that Emma is the type of company that is the pioneer at bringing the latest technology to the email platform vs. their competitors who are simply following like sheep.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike in regards to the program. The price is some what high, but quality is the most important thing to me in all that I do. I had inquired about having emma designers help with the creation of emails but the price was insanely too high. I could hire a graphic designer to do 5 or 6 emails or the price of 1 by an Emma designer. The beginning when I was trying to register with Emma I was frustrating because I sent more than 5 request to do a demo and I never heard anything back. I had to follow up myself multiple times. I finally just called and said I have been trying to get a demo for 3 weeks and I have not heard anything back from you. I think this is an odd problem to have in the Emma sales department. However, I have been happy every since committing to Emma.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think that Emma helps stream line work process among the team and help with project management in regards to those that involve eBbalsts.

The reports give me insight to why some eblasts had higher engagement than others. I also able to pass this information on to my clients so they know where they stand.

Emma review by Jon P.
Jon P.

"Fast & Reliable Email Marketing"

What do you like best?

Very easy to quickly design an email with Emma's drag-n-drop editor. Recently they've also added some really attractive free templates, including some themed versions around holidays, events, etc. Their response dashboard updates frequently and is designed so that you can quickly get an overall campaign status or drill down to the individual level. I also had a good experience working with their internal design team to build a custom template.

What do you dislike?

I find the contacts management to be somewhat clunky and not always intuitive. The UX seems to be lacking in this area - for example, if you go into a "Group" and remove a contact, it removes that email from your entire contacts list, not just the group. To remove from just a group, you have to go down to the contact level and deselect the checkbox for the group association. None of this matters much if you only deal with importing lists, but for the occasional manual contact maintenance it can be cumbersome. Also, and maybe this is true of most platforms these days, but it seems that even a soft bounce (like out of office) causes contacts to go from "active" to "error", so you have to in after each mailing and re-activeate those.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Emma is definitely worth the trial period they offer

We use Emma to stay in touch with our end-user customers and our sales and rep teams. We've had nothing but positive feedback from both groups since implementing the service.

Emma review by Lottie F.
Lottie F.

"Drag n Drop Dreamworld"

What do you like best?

I love how easy the interface of myEmma is. It's absolutely user friendly and makes it easy to make emails so image based and clickable. It makes email campaigns easy and I feel confident sending out when I use myEmma.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the segments can be a bit confusing, but they do have training videos. I'm also still unsure about some of the automation because it doesn't seem as easy to understand as other aspects

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely a great program that is easy to use

Reaching out to current customers & getting new leads through it.

Emma review by User in Higher Education

"Great mobile optimization and ease of design"

What do you like best?

The ease of use when designing emails. There are a few hiccups, but I love that the emails are optimized for mobile OR desktop viewing. With my constituents, mobile is critical.

What do you dislike?

The mail scoring system. It's nice to see how my mailings compare at a glance. The reporting functions allow me to dive deeper than other mail systems I have used.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Designing an email is easy, but it does take a bit of getting used to. The design options are not always as intuitive as I like, but the end results are great and the pre-designed templates are good. The reporting is thorough so if you're interested in tracking open times, click times, etc., you can't go wrong.

The overwhelming majority of constituents I need to reach are millennials. They don't respond to or even open their mail, so it's critical that I reach them where they are - online on their phones. Emma allows me to create captivating emails that look good on a phone. Their tracking gives me insights to better reach my constituents in the future.

Emma review by Jennie S.
Jennie S.

"Emma is simple enough, but their customer service could use help."

What do you like best?

Many custom features available. Simple, clean user interface. Variety of auto-responder options. Many of these features might be overkill for some customers, but the software is organized so that you're not overwhelmed by functionality you don't use (though you can find it easily should the need arise).

What do you dislike?

At first, the functionality and vernacular can be confusing and it takes some time to figure out where things are located and honestly why they're called certain things. There were issues with saving our work and felt that the technical support could never satisfactorily address those issues so we eventually switched to another email client.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be patient when starting to use it. It takes time to get know

Automate our email marketing.

Emma review by Stephanie N.
Stephanie N.

"Try it, but do not sign the contract. "

What do you like best?

In the first month, I really enjoyed the customer training packages and hands on involvement of the team.

What do you dislike?

Emma requires an annual contract with a section that in essence says, if our software does not work properly on your site, not our problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not sign a contract. It is not industry standard and leaves the user at the mercy of Emma's software. Also, if there is a problem, expect a nasty interaction with the legal department, who will threaten you for contract breach. I found similar user experience on Emma forums.

Mass segmenting. Unfortunately, Emma's integration with Shopify is very faulty, which they did not disclose prior to having me sign a contract.

Emma review by Kelli V.
Kelli V.

"Love the Reporting and Results"

What do you like best?

The reporting is simple and easy to read. Love being able to see a visual of where customers click.

What do you dislike?

Not a dislike as much as a wish - I wish it integrated with our internal client system so all emails would be added automatically.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Emma makes email automation and list segmentation very easy. I can segment lists by an variable I need to and this helps tremendously when setting up automated emails. It saves me time and is much more efficient than manually creating contact lists.

Quick and easy emails with automation and easy segmenting. Benefits are time savings and transparency when looking at results.

Emma review by JR A.
JR A.

"I hate Emma"

What do you like best?

I really don't like much about Emma. I guess what I like best is that it's slightly cheaper than other similar services.

What do you dislike?

Emma is awful when it comes to personalizing. You are so limited by their templates and the way each section can/cannot be added, that I spend more time frustrated by creating the email than it takes to plan the entire event the email is advertising.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't do it.

Mass emails for advertising specific events or news to our clients.

Emma review by Sarah H.
Sarah H.

"Keeps me on track more than my calendar"

What do you like best?

I started using Boomerang in my personal life before using it at work. It's enormously helpful to use in an agency setting where you're keeping track of not only many different clients, but many different projects for each client. I set most emails to Boomerang, even those that aren't time-sensitive. It helps me keep track of that random question that we asked a client and never got a response to several weeks ago. Essentially, it keeps follow-up tasks off of my to-do list and off of my calendar.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, the Boomerang button disappears for no reason. I'd also like to be able to schedule custom intervals, or have Boomerang automatically avoid returning items on weekends.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To my knowledge, Boomerang is the only feature of its type for Gmail. Just go for it!

Boomerang primarily helps me with organization and ensuring that even small items and requests of my staff and my clients don't slip through the cracks.

Emma review by Brea N.
Brea N.

"Good e-mail marketing system"

What do you like best?

One of the biggest benefits of Emma is that it is free.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that on occasion, things look different depending on the device you view it on. I have also found a discrepancy between how the e-mails look in the editor and how they appear when you send yourself a test e-mail.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it is a good e-mail system that will only improve with time.

Emma is a way for us to send e-mails to mass amounts of constituents. A benefit is that you are offered segmentation and easy to edit templates.

Learn more about Emma

Emma Videos

Learning about Emma?

* We monitor all Emma reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
4.0