Emma

Emma

Emma’s email marketing platform focuses on segmentation, automation, and an easy-to-use email builder to make it easy for teams of all sizes to leverage their customer data, increase engagement, and drive more revenue from email.

Work for Emma?

Learning about Emma?

Emma Reviews

Ask Emma a Question
Showing 287 Emma reviews
Emma review by <span>Dakota R.</span>
Dakota R.

"Easy tool with massive impact"

What do you like best?

Emma’s easy-to-edit templates are a breeze to use and are a great way to start a mass mailing. Plus, their ability to test multiple subject lines (and see the results for which ones lead to the most clicks) makes it certain that your email will get the greatest engagement possible.

What do you dislike?

Emma forces you to choose small, medium, or large photos without an easy way to resize to exact dimensions. (This is due mainly to the fact that all Emma emails are optimized for mobile and desktop). It can be tricky to get the hang of in the beginning when you have a specific “look” you’re going for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend taking a trial and implementing Emma in Phases. Trying to train an entire team at once may be a little overwhelming, but Emma is easy to work with once you know what you’re doing.

Emma has been my go-to tool to ensure that my emails are being utilized. In my field, missed communications result in customers facing financial penalties, so its a huge bonus to have help in creating emails with high engagement. Another massive benefit has been in cost. Emma allows my company to send emails out for $.01 each. Compared to printing and mailing rates, Emma is a huge cost saver.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Emma
Emma review by <span>Karl T.</span>
Karl T.

"Decent-Good basic email marketing software with low integrity and customer appreciation"

What do you like best?

Emma provides very aesthetically pleasing emails while being user friendly. This product is competitive with other basic email marketing SAAS products such as Constant Contact and Mail Chimp and wins in many categories against these providers.

What do you dislike?

Trust and integrity. Don't let their sales staff fool you on their upgraded packages. This is a very basic easy to use email service, that's it. Their upgraded packages which claim to add advanced features and automation don't hold a candle to a true email automation SAAS product such as Infusionsoft etc. Their sales account reps make big claims on the capability of the features but when actually using them, the workarounds that you will need to do are tedious. We have been using Emma for many years because of the attractive email layouts and ease of use. When we saw the new upgraded tools and the functionality promised by the sales rep we were very excited. Unfortunately after really diving in, we found that the tools were not capable of effectively executing the processes and automation sequences that we needed. Soon after we signed the upgrade, we relayed the concern of the program not performing as advertised. We were met with a reminder that we signed a one year contract on the upgrade and that we'd have to stick it out. Did I mention that prior to this we were customers for over 5 years? Because of this, we will be cancelling our entire account when the upgraded package expires. It's unfortunate, as we would have continued to be customers for many years to come. It's definitely not worth the price especially if you have need for more advanced features or if you want to do business with a company that appreciates you. I would not recommend doing business with Emma.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are comparing the product to basic email providers like Mail Chimp and Constant contact, it competes and from my experience offers better designs. Looking for automation and other advanced features? Look elsewhere. Looking for a company that values your business and has ethical sales practices, definitely look elsewhere.

Good for basic, quick and attractive email broadcasts.

What Email Marketing solution do you use?

Emma review by <span>Trista B.</span>
Trista B.

"Reaching our client base with Emma"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use. The ready-to-go templates save me time and brain power. Our clients get a beautiful, professional-looking communication from us. I can integrate and customize the look of my Eventbrite events into my emails with no trouble.

What do you dislike?

I don't like adding contacts to my Audience. I haven't mastered the bulk upload. I just need to take the time to work on the issues I experienced early-on that stem from bad exports from my agency management system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the import / export functionality. Seems like a no-brainer, but my agency management system doesn't export system data into spreadsheets so this was a challenge for me during setup. No fault of Emma.

We wanted our client base to know about all of the services we offer outside of insurance products. With Emma, I can get that information to them in mass or by industry (or Group in Emma).

Emma review by <span>Benjamin T.</span>
Benjamin T.

"Flexibility is a double-edged sword"

What do you like best?

The analytics of user visits, clicks, and interest are a great help. When you have direct information about who is clicking on what, and who are your most avid readers, you can draw conclusions about a dedicated sub-set of your mailing list.

What do you dislike?

Incredibly frustrating editing problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Emma has a great range of in-text editing flexibility, but they haven't worked out the kinks of realizing that flexibility without there being massive drawbacks. Reformatting links and text after copying and pasting is a massive time suck for me. Frequently, Emma will freeze an element, and a whole section must be deleted to clean up the mistake. I was bulleting a list, and the final bullet froze in the bottom of the 'jobs' section of the newsletter. I couldn't even click on the bullet to delete it. I had to copy and paste the whole section to a clean section; except EMMA has poor copy and paste functionality. I had to reformat every single change in text size, boldness, heading...EMMA will be the bane of your existence with piddling errors and trivial formatting issues. But, it will frustrate nonetheless.

We have been able to manage the mailings of our monthly mobility management newsletter, and track which users have clicked on what, and what topics over time have been the most popular.

Emma review by <span>Kyle M.</span>
Kyle M.

"Good Email Marketing Software"

What do you like best?

One of my favorite things about Emma is the recent mailings view that is there when you login in. It gives you a snapshot if important information of your most recent campaign. It also includes all the important info that you use to track your campaign trends (open rate, click rate).

What do you dislike?

I dislike the lack of ability to edit templates. Sometimes it is easier to just start from scratch with a black template, then you can do whatever you like with it. I also do not like their drag and drop features. It gets difficult putting things where you want them with all the forced boxes and lines that you have to navigate when adding items.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is pretty straightforward, and you just need to play around with it if you have never used it before. It is similar to other email marketing platforms like constant contact and mail chimp.

One problem we are solving with this software is connecting with our customers after they leave our store or website. This keeps our customers engaged with us. This is also being used to drive traffic to our social media websites as well as our website.

Emma review by <span>Shannon A.</span>
Shannon A.

"Game-Changer for our Email Marketing Strategy"

What do you like best?

A/B testing, design help, and ability to see where people are clicking most on an email are just a few of the things Emma can do and it has stepped up our email marketing game tremendously. Their customer support is OUT OF THIS WORLD. We have worked with other platforms and never have ever spoken to a real person and day one of signing up we got to meet our entire team at Emma that will help us strategize and build out a successful year with email marketing - UNBELIEVABLE.

What do you dislike?

Can't group our emails since we work in separate divisions, but we also just started using Emma so we have a lot to learn as far as flow goes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best email marketing platform out there -- No question about it.

Our email lists were not targeted enough so we were missing out on big opportunities to cater to our audience. Emma has completely solved this problem with their groups/segmenting and it's already helping us get more business.

Emma review by <span>Brian F.</span>
Brian F.

"Building emails takes twice as long as it should"

What do you like best?

Analytics - very good response statistics, lots of detail.

What do you dislike?

Everything else. The interface for building emails is trash. Randomly inserts break tags in text. Changing text color is a fiasco. Very limited options for photo sizes. Code generated by drag-&-drop editor is an absolute mess. No option to create email categories for people to opt out of. Not a good tool for membership-based audience list, where I need to upload an entirely new list every time -- automatic import doesn't provide an option to remove expired members.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stop considering it. It shouldn't even be on your list of contenders. Use MailChimp or Constant Contact instead.

This program came to me with a new client. The benefits over the system most of our clients use: better response metrics.

Emma review by <span>Lovely K.</span>
Lovely K.

"Used this software when I have started my career in online marketing "

What do you like best?

I have started this Emma in the early of my career in online marketing. Emma is a basic email marketing software related to Ultra Mailer, MailChimp etc. I normally found nice looking user interface and templates to work with and sending emails to my thousands of clients. This email marketing software is faster enough. Emma is an easy email marketing solution for non technical person. Someone can easily create gorgeous templates and can run a campaign easily.

What do you dislike?

Hard to change the fronts to another fronts. The technical service is not too good enough. Sometimes it seems slower. At last, the price is not so reasonable that's we have switched to other platform. But, this software is enough for basic email marketing solutions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have included some negative and positive issues in this review. Please first have a look on them. Then, if you are interested you can use it. This is a good software for email marketing.

I have used Emma for email marketing solution in the early in my career that I have started in my running company. I found this software good enough for basic need. Though I have some issues with this software but this software is good enough for the beginners. This is very easy to use Emma to setup and run a campaign for your email marketing.

Emma review by Administrator

"Really enjoy working with Emma"

What do you like best?

Emma is really user friendly and intuitive. The design options are great and the analytics are detailed. We are able to manage our lists very well and send very targeted emails to folks that we know what to receive them. Our client rep is very responsive and helpful whenever we run into a question or roadblock on our account.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the template that we had designed for us can be very touchy. Just requires a bit of trial and error to get the hang of it. I don't love that when you are inactive for a certain period of time it logs you out, this is a security feature I imagine but I often work on an email and then go back to it later and then will have to log in again which is just a bit time consuming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Work with the Emma team to get a template designed, this will help you in creating additional templates that have your brand incorporated well into the email. Also be sure to keep in touch with your rep, they will be the best person to reach out to when you have an issue and so having a good relationship with them is always super helpful.

We see that our customers love our new design with Emma and also tend to interact more. We also are able to keep better track of our email lists and target more effectively.

Emma review by <span>Patricia M.</span>
Patricia M.

"We are mastering email marketing using Emma."

What do you like best?

Emma’a email newsletter templates are easy to use ,and I like how I am able to measure the effect of multiple subject lines for our newsletter campaigns and determine subject lines with the highest impact.

I also appreciate the effectiveness of Professional Services experts at Emma, who have improved our email marketing efforts and campaigns by providing us with customized newsletter designs , helping to effectively analyze campaign results, while giving us access to compelling email contents ,which have all come together to improve our sales conversion.

What do you dislike?

I have reservations about our inability to modify existing newsletter templates on Emma.Also data we save on Emma gets deleted after an eighteen month period,even if we are still active users and this makes very little sense to me.

Emma has enabled us to maintain contact with current and especially former customers by putting us in their sights via our regular newsletters.Ensuring they are well informed and updated on every new products ,promotions and services we have available.

Emma review by User

"Recently improved but still has a way to go"

What do you like best?

The functionality is okay. I like the way you can instantly see the statistics on how effective your eblast is and the percentage of your audience that views it. They recently improved some of the problematic features which is good. Previously, you couldn't look at an eblast that you sent without it duplicating it and creating a new one.

What do you dislike?

It is one of the slowest programs I have ever worked on. I spend more time watching the little circle spinning. Not sure why everything takes so long to load. You also can't delete files that you create in error.

It's a little clunky and is limited in its design capabilities.

One problem I would like to see solved is when you want to send out an eblast multiple times. You can only only set up one time. You have to keep duplicating the same eblast and making individual campaigns for every time you want to send it out which is ridiculous. You should be able to check multiple times for one eblast.

We send out all our eblasts through Emma. It's effective in providing an analysis of audience response. You can set up various groups to send to. You can set a time to send out eblasts.

Emma review by User in Higher Education

"Easy to use, create beautiful campaigns."

What do you like best?

Emma is very easy to work in and creates lovely responsive emails. The features I appreciate most are the dynamic content, personalization, and segmentation options. The way that our team uses data doesn't allow us to use this feature, but you can also allow your subscribers to manage their email preferences.

What do you dislike?

Data is only saved for 18 months. Some reporting features aren't very useful, and I usually will extract data to do analysis elsewhere.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you understand how list management in Emma works and plan out what options you want to give your subscribers for preference management before you start using the tool; just set it all up right the first time to save yourself any frustrations later! Especially consider what data integrations you may require and if the platform will serve you in that regard. (When I was hired and started using Emma, the platform was already set up and there are some features and data implications that weren't thought through.)

Emma allows us to quickly build and send successful campaigns, so the primary benefit to us has been less time spent on coding.

Emma review by <span>Mario M.</span>
Mario M.

"How can a company care so much and sell email services? Is it a front for amazing person training?"

What do you like best?

Email marketing built for everyone! Never done any email marketing? Need a solution that will scale as you grow? Email wizard that is tired of complicated systems? If you answered YES to any of these then Emma is a solution that you truly need to consider.

The Emma staff go above and beyond to help their customers realize their goals. They are responsive, innovative, excellent at support and truly invested in the success of their customers.

They have realized that by focusing on the true success of their customers they will be successful as a business. Here are a few of the things that I (and you will) love about Emma: top notch design services, free weekly product trainings, custom integration support, good old fashioned list management/list growth. These things and many moreare all delivered with a smile and "what else can we do to help you" attitude.

If you are considering an email platform that is effective and easy to use. Do yourself and your business a favor and take a good close look at Emma. In a world where digital marketing should be only a catalyst for analog experiences, Emma is a benchmark.

What do you dislike?

some of the dynamic content components are a bit tricky to use as they must live in the email and are not dynamically pulling from a table.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The support is top notch, the program is so easy to use and they are improving it with updates every day.

We use Emma in two very different ways: To communicate with our dealers partners. We provide email templates and integrations into our SalesForce instance that allows our dealer partners (all over North America) to market and communicate with their leads and customers.

Emma review by <span>Carrie H.</span>
Carrie H.

"Good product ... but not great"

What do you like best?

Email marketing capability; customer service

What do you dislike?

Email design templates are lacking; platform can often be glitchy and slow

Recommendations to others considering the product

A great product for consistent email marketing users, Emma is a solid product with some glitches in the platform. It can often run slow and the email design tool doesn't have some basic functions likes Undo. Over the years, the company has spent a lot of time improving their marketing, but I would love to see them put that same effort into the actual email building tool, which hasn't really changed in the 3+ years I've been using the product. Overall, Emma is a great product, but somewhat lacking as it relates to email marketing giants like MailChimp and Constant Contact.

Emma is a solid email marketing tool that has allowed us to communicate with our audience on a consistent basis.

Emma review by <span>James S.</span>
James S.

"Intuitive Email Service"

What do you like best?

They just renovated the interface of the platform to be a bit more modern. They supply both an API and a custom form generator for you to choose either for collecting email addresses to feed your newsletter. You can segment your audience for email campaigns, upload excel sheets or CSV sheets of emails to your audiences, and do A B Testing on emails to determine best responses from your audiences.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes setting up the API to integrate with the backend of my wordpress sites with the GravityForms plugin is a bit tedious and finding the API information can be a tad hard to find in the new layout, but these are all things that the average person doesn't have to worry about. Command Z doesn't undo, you have to press the button that says "Revert Back To:" (which has a dropdown of the last autosave states of the email you are building out). The analytics are good, but I feel like there could definitely be more information and suggestive prompts of how to better make an email, or here are what these numbers can mean to you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool and simplistic to use. It has a lot of features that most everyone needs, but when it comes to more technical stuff you need created, they will try to work with you but most likely will not be able to help you.

Sometimes the email campaign builder is glitchy and doesn't generate the best responsive design, but you just have to send yourself a test email before sending out the email to verify everything looks good.

Overall it's a great platform, easy to use, and the customer support service is above average.

Emma review by <span>Susan C.</span>
Susan C.

"Major implementation across the country"

What do you like best?

I chose Emma for their Tiered Account, which allows our company to provide Assets (templates, graphics, and logos) to our independent reps throughout the United States. This is working out beautifully, and is being universally embraced.

What do you dislike?

Very little to dislike. Would like to see a curving tool in the Editor that would allow text blocks and graphics to have a slightly curved corner. Have conveyed this to tech support and the feature is being considered.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compare your current email software on mobile devices to Emma and you'll want all your mobile users to see the difference that we've found using Emma.

The business problem: 70+ reps with decentralized email campaigns for their region.

The benefits: excitement from them for the improvement to their work/life and the ability to take templates I create at the top level and customize for their region and business. Also, Emma is truly "responsive", meaning that campaigns adapt beautifully to any size screen.

Emma review by <span>Janeth W.</span>
Janeth W.

"User friendly platform with great features!"

What do you like best?

Emma offers drag and drop templates that also allows you to customize. Their design quality is far superior than other email marketing services I have used. They integrate with several other platforms. I love how Emma is constantly adding features and they have a ton of helpful webinars that really add value.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if more templates are added to Emma. Setting up workflow can be a little cumbersome and may require assistance from the Emma team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's very user-friendly and almost error proof. There may be times where the Emma team may need to help. However, they are extremely helpful and resolve any issues.

We use Emma for both our wholesale distributors and we also use it to send promos to our retail consumers.

Emma review by Administrator in Machinery
Administrator in Machinery

"Emma Makes Sending Emails Easy"

What do you like best?

We switched to Emma from Constant Contact mostly because we could get a base level enterprise for the same cost we were paying Constant Contact with their extras. Emma has some nice additional features including in their base price like A/B testing & Salesforce integration. Creating a template from an email is easy and their drag and drop system is nice. The interface of Emma is very clean. The reporting is very nice visually. It's nice that you can create a template for a recurring email.

What do you dislike?

The contact management section is clunky and could use some interface work. The form creation process is easy but the newer lightbox form does not work very well. There needs to be more customization for the templates. There are areas of a template that cannot be changed at all like header logo placement and colors of elements. Constant Contact is superior in this area.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you do a free trial. You need to get a feel for the platform. Especially if switching from another company.

We have multiple businesses in our company so being able to all use the same platform but have our areas and share assets is a nice addition. We haven't yet used the workflow or Salesforce integration but are looking forward to learning more about it.

Emma review by <span>April M.</span>
April M.

"Easy to learn and great customer support"

What do you like best?

I started using Emma for a client at our agency and had to learn it pretty quickly without any prior experience, it's easy to get the hang of and once you have a template, easy to compile weekly newsletters with. I've now shown several other coworkers the ropes and expanded my use of it greatly due to quick customer support whenever we have questions on how to do something new.

What do you dislike?

Drag and drop editor could be smoother to use. Wish the dashboard showed more overview info on each newsletter without having to click in.

Being able to target non-openers with ease has been incredible. Emma automates much of the targeting process, allowing users to split audiences and separate out segments very easily. We've increased the open rate on our emails by 10+ points using this workflow. The click distribution map feature is a great way to quickly see which articles are resonating with subscribers.

Emma review by <span>Ryan R.</span>
Ryan R.

"Easy-to-use interface, frequent feature updates, impeccable customer service."

What do you like best?

Ease of use, first of all. Designing an attractive, informative e-mail rich with imagery and video content is very easy. Furthermore, Emma allows deep segmenting and grouping of contacts, and allows for automation chains to be easily programmed - You can automate a second e-mail that only goes to users who didn't open the first one, for example. Their customer support is unparalleled.

What do you dislike?

Multiple user logins/accounts gets a little tricky to wrangle when you get into the differences between accounts, managers, and sub-accounts.

We've been able to achieve a level of targeting that wasn't possible for us before Emma. We never send the wrong message to the wrong people, which dramatically decreases our unsubscribes while ensuring that users only receive messages that are relevant interesting to them. Thanks Emma!

Emma review by <span>Isaac K.</span>
Isaac K.

"Effective Modern Email Marketing "

What do you like best?

I love how clean MyEmma helps make email marketing. From the design to the reporting and email capture, MyEmma provides necessary tools in a simple manner that make it easy for someone to come in and compile a beautiful email, but also have tools to learn about A/B testing and open rates.

As part of an agency it really makes managing multiple client email marketing very simple, and as an individual allows me to be able to provide a high quality email marketing product.

What do you dislike?

There's not a lot I currently dislike, and they recently implemented new features that combat what I would have 'disliked' about 6 months ago.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely try it out and you will see how much better your email marketing design and reporting will become!

Reaching customers in an effective manner. Being able to customize email marketing to test groups by simply adjusting some of the content and testing has proven to be a real insight into why MyEmma has done it right!

Emma review by <span>Cecilia R.</span>
Cecilia R.

"Mass Email Distributor "

What do you like best?

Emma is really easy to use and its really to import the contacts, which is something that makes using this service super simple and user friendly.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that some of the services they offer have a cap to how many contacts one can have, and although they reset at the start of the month, this can be inconvenient for businesses like the ones I work for.

Emma has helped my company reach out to a large crowd of students, which would've otherwise been hard to do without this service.

Emma review by <span>Cory S.</span>
Cory S.

"Complete waste of money and horrible experience"

What do you like best?

Has nice templates...which every Email Marketing company has. Thats about it

What do you dislike?

Holding businesses in to continued billing when they dont use your product. And the $399 training that is a complete scam

Recommendations to others considering the product

Plenty of other great, more affordable options out their that dont bind you in to a contract.

First and foremost, DO NOT spend the $399 on the "training", that is a complete scam.

Second, do not try the product for your business clients unless you are absolutely sure you will be using it for a long period of time. MYEmma will not let you out of the (all together) ridiculous term "contract" they have. There are plenty of other better options that provide the same features with no set contract, ie MailChimp.

Horrible experience, I used the product for one month, with NO real training and discontinued using the product and email marketing service for my business. Yet, MyEmma is still charging my credit card, costing my business money. If a company isn't using your product or you they are unsatisfied with your product, you should not continue to bill them. That is a prime example of a greedy business that doesn't care about Customer Satisfaction, only money.

Emma review by <span>Jeri Lyn R.</span>
Jeri Lyn R.

"Room for growth"

What do you like best?

Emma is quick! I like the variety of templates and the social share features are good.

What do you dislike?

I'd like access to stock photos, much like what is available through Constant Contact. Not being able to caption photos is a real pain. I have to place photo attributions on the photos directly--not great. I also spend a lot of time fighting with fonts. Emma seems to think it knows what fonts I want. I'd like to be able to set my fonts once.

I use Emma primarily to send out a weekly eye health newsletter and updates about our annual charity fun run. I enjoy seeing where people click to access information and have crafted subsequent placement based on that information. With our recent uptick in sign-ups, I gather our audience finds the web enrollment form easier to use as well.

Emma review by <span>Andrew C.</span>
Andrew C.

"Good email service provider, easy to use"

What do you like best?

The customer service is great, and the email templates look really nice. It's easy to use and understand. I especially like the "mailing score" and "click map", so you can see how people are responding to your emails. As I learn more, I want to use more of the automation tools as well.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more customization tools on the emails. It's hard to get it looking exactly the way you want it. I would like more templates to use as well, because I've been using the same ones.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read up on the different options of how to use. the system and take advantage of the customer support.

We are able to reach our constituents reliably and drive them to actions that suit our needs such as donating or volunteering. Most of our audience responds well to the professional emails sent from Emma's system.

Emma review by <span>Emily R.</span>
Emily R.

"Emma is a decent email marketing tool but not the best in it's price range. "

What do you like best?

Emma is decently intuitive and offers a basic analytics package for a decent price. It's easy to create templates and to drag and drop your text boxes & images. They also have a great community forum that makes it easy to search for any issues you are experiencing.

What do you dislike?

Emma just isn't that robust of an email marketing tool. Yes, it always A/B testing but only under certain parameters and restrictions. Its analytics are pretty basic and I wasn't able to get a ton of insight on what was working, what wasn't, and how to improve our email stategy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for basic use, not for a robust, complex marketing tool.

We were using Emma as another branch of our Content Marketing strategy. Email Marketing is a great way for us to provide updates and new features to current customers and also promote our business to new leads.

Emma review by <span>Laura G.</span>
Laura G.

"Great tool for time management and inbox de-stressing! "

What do you like best?

I love that boomerang lets me schedule messages to send in the future, or to bring back in to my inbox. I can also track information on opened and unopened emails. It's so flexible and has saved me so much time. It's also great for those emails you're writing at 12am but don't want to send until 9! You just schedule a time and it's all set, no more worry!

What do you dislike?

I'd love a little more robust reporting on opened emails, at this point I do not seem to be able to see who specifically opened the email if it is sent to multiple people or to a shared email list.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The free credits run out fast but a yearly subscription is worth it! They also have discounts for non-profits and volume discounts as well.

Saving time and frustration! I often get emails that do not need immediate attention and by boomeranging them back to my inbox when they do need to be addressed I keep my inbox uncluttered, as well as my mind!

Emma review by User in Sporting Goods
User in Sporting Goods

"Nice people - but this email service is better for smaller businesses "

What do you like best?

This was a good service to help us get started in the email marketing

What do you dislike?

Under analytics, it categorizes a large number of emails under 'other' instead of showing what platform the email was opened on (Outlook, Yahoo, Gmail, etc.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a larger company with multiple brands or divisions, I would going with something like Hubspot from the very beginning so you don't have to go through the hassle of making the switch to a new service. However if you're a small business, or just getting started in email marketing, Emma is a good solution to get you started. From there you can decide if it meets all of your needs.

This helped us get started in email marketing and email automation, but does not offer all the solutions we're looking for

Emma review by User

"Works well but confuses me"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to send a ton of information out. And the quality is incredible. It looks great.

What do you dislike?

For me (and it may be operator error), it is not that easy to figure out HOW to make the presentation. The text features are almost counter-intuitive. And the help features do not really help with that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You must fiddle around with it for a while. It takes some time to really understand what you want to do with it. You will see constant improvement in your output, but the learning curve is very much upward. It is not extremely steep, but it does have a strong incline to it (the learning curve that is).

I sent out videos and information to those that are in my area. It has accomplished the need of getting the information out, but it has not triggered major responses yet. Perhaps, once again, that is operator error.

Emma review by <span>Nicole W.</span>
Nicole W.

"I love my Emma"

What do you like best?

This company does it right! Everything is easy to use and simple to understand.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about this tool at the moment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a easy to use e-newsletter program this is your best bet!

I am able to send emails to all of my contacts quickly and conveniently. It benefits me by allowing the stats to be easily read to know what our customers are doing.

Emma review by <span>Sara M.</span>
Sara M.

"Clean look with easy design templates"

What do you like best?

I like that Emma provides a platform that allows you to create clean, crisp emails and is user friendly. I also really find their email reports to beneficial with the insight they give you. My fact that Emma hosts a prominent conference that is directly tied to what my consulting firm offers, makes Emma more appealing. I feel that Emma is the type of company that is the pioneer at bringing the latest technology to the email platform vs. their competitors who are simply following like sheep.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike in regards to the program. The price is some what high, but quality is the most important thing to me in all that I do. I had inquired about having emma designers help with the creation of emails but the price was insanely too high. I could hire a graphic designer to do 5 or 6 emails or the price of 1 by an Emma designer. The beginning when I was trying to register with Emma I was frustrating because I sent more than 5 request to do a demo and I never heard anything back. I had to follow up myself multiple times. I finally just called and said I have been trying to get a demo for 3 weeks and I have not heard anything back from you. I think this is an odd problem to have in the Emma sales department. However, I have been happy every since committing to Emma.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think that Emma helps stream line work process among the team and help with project management in regards to those that involve eBbalsts.

The reports give me insight to why some eblasts had higher engagement than others. I also able to pass this information on to my clients so they know where they stand.

Emma review by <span>Jon P.</span>
Jon P.

"Fast & Reliable Email Marketing"

What do you like best?

Very easy to quickly design an email with Emma's drag-n-drop editor. Recently they've also added some really attractive free templates, including some themed versions around holidays, events, etc. Their response dashboard updates frequently and is designed so that you can quickly get an overall campaign status or drill down to the individual level. I also had a good experience working with their internal design team to build a custom template.

What do you dislike?

I find the contacts management to be somewhat clunky and not always intuitive. The UX seems to be lacking in this area - for example, if you go into a "Group" and remove a contact, it removes that email from your entire contacts list, not just the group. To remove from just a group, you have to go down to the contact level and deselect the checkbox for the group association. None of this matters much if you only deal with importing lists, but for the occasional manual contact maintenance it can be cumbersome. Also, and maybe this is true of most platforms these days, but it seems that even a soft bounce (like out of office) causes contacts to go from "active" to "error", so you have to in after each mailing and re-activeate those.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Emma is definitely worth the trial period they offer

We use Emma to stay in touch with our end-user customers and our sales and rep teams. We've had nothing but positive feedback from both groups since implementing the service.

Emma review by <span>Lottie F.</span>
Lottie F.

"Drag n Drop Dreamworld"

What do you like best?

I love how easy the interface of myEmma is. It's absolutely user friendly and makes it easy to make emails so image based and clickable. It makes email campaigns easy and I feel confident sending out when I use myEmma.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the segments can be a bit confusing, but they do have training videos. I'm also still unsure about some of the automation because it doesn't seem as easy to understand as other aspects

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely a great program that is easy to use

Reaching out to current customers & getting new leads through it.

Emma review by User in Higher Education

"Great mobile optimization and ease of design"

What do you like best?

The ease of use when designing emails. There are a few hiccups, but I love that the emails are optimized for mobile OR desktop viewing. With my constituents, mobile is critical.

What do you dislike?

The mail scoring system. It's nice to see how my mailings compare at a glance. The reporting functions allow me to dive deeper than other mail systems I have used.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Designing an email is easy, but it does take a bit of getting used to. The design options are not always as intuitive as I like, but the end results are great and the pre-designed templates are good. The reporting is thorough so if you're interested in tracking open times, click times, etc., you can't go wrong.

The overwhelming majority of constituents I need to reach are millennials. They don't respond to or even open their mail, so it's critical that I reach them where they are - online on their phones. Emma allows me to create captivating emails that look good on a phone. Their tracking gives me insights to better reach my constituents in the future.

Emma review by <span>Jennie S.</span>
Jennie S.

"Emma is simple enough, but their customer service could use help."

What do you like best?

Many custom features available. Simple, clean user interface. Variety of auto-responder options. Many of these features might be overkill for some customers, but the software is organized so that you're not overwhelmed by functionality you don't use (though you can find it easily should the need arise).

What do you dislike?

At first, the functionality and vernacular can be confusing and it takes some time to figure out where things are located and honestly why they're called certain things. There were issues with saving our work and felt that the technical support could never satisfactorily address those issues so we eventually switched to another email client.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be patient when starting to use it. It takes time to get know

Automate our email marketing.

Emma review by <span>Stephanie N.</span>
Stephanie N.

"Try it, but do not sign the contract. "

What do you like best?

In the first month, I really enjoyed the customer training packages and hands on involvement of the team.

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not sign a contract. It is not industry standard and leaves the user at the mercy of Emma's software. Also, if there is a problem, expect a nasty interaction with the legal department, who will threaten you for contract breach. I found similar user experience on Emma forums.

Mass segmenting. Unfortunately, Emma's integration with Shopify is very faulty, which they did not disclose prior to having me sign a contract.

Emma review by <span>Kelli V.</span>
Kelli V.

"Love the Reporting and Results"

What do you like best?

The reporting is simple and easy to read. Love being able to see a visual of where customers click.

What do you dislike?

Not a dislike as much as a wish - I wish it integrated with our internal client system so all emails would be added automatically.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Emma makes email automation and list segmentation very easy. I can segment lists by an variable I need to and this helps tremendously when setting up automated emails. It saves me time and is much more efficient than manually creating contact lists.

Quick and easy emails with automation and easy segmenting. Benefits are time savings and transparency when looking at results.

Emma review by <span>JR A.</span>
JR A.

"I hate Emma"

What do you like best?

I really don't like much about Emma. I guess what I like best is that it's slightly cheaper than other similar services.

What do you dislike?

Emma is awful when it comes to personalizing. You are so limited by their templates and the way each section can/cannot be added, that I spend more time frustrated by creating the email than it takes to plan the entire event the email is advertising.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't do it.

Mass emails for advertising specific events or news to our clients.

Emma review by <span>Sarah H.</span>
Sarah H.

"Keeps me on track more than my calendar"

What do you like best?

I started using Boomerang in my personal life before using it at work. It's enormously helpful to use in an agency setting where you're keeping track of not only many different clients, but many different projects for each client. I set most emails to Boomerang, even those that aren't time-sensitive. It helps me keep track of that random question that we asked a client and never got a response to several weeks ago. Essentially, it keeps follow-up tasks off of my to-do list and off of my calendar.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, the Boomerang button disappears for no reason. I'd also like to be able to schedule custom intervals, or have Boomerang automatically avoid returning items on weekends.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To my knowledge, Boomerang is the only feature of its type for Gmail. Just go for it!

Boomerang primarily helps me with organization and ensuring that even small items and requests of my staff and my clients don't slip through the cracks.

Emma review by <span>Brea N.</span>
Brea N.

"Good e-mail marketing system"

What do you like best?

One of the biggest benefits of Emma is that it is free.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that on occasion, things look different depending on the device you view it on. I have also found a discrepancy between how the e-mails look in the editor and how they appear when you send yourself a test e-mail.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it is a good e-mail system that will only improve with time.

Emma is a way for us to send e-mails to mass amounts of constituents. A benefit is that you are offered segmentation and easy to edit templates.

Emma review by <span>Harmony W.</span>
Harmony W.

"Great Customer Service"

What do you like best?

If you want a company that will give you answers within minutes, then Emma is for you. They have all the usual features for emails such as segmenting, automation and more, and they have a very easy to use editor.

What do you dislike?

I'm learning to like and work with what they gave me, but at first I was dissatisfied with a few features that were lacking and some promised features that were only available for a higher price (like more automated emails). Their signup forms are slightly confusing and have some odd and complicated features. However, Emma seems to be on top of making improvements to the user interface and features, and their support team has helped me on more than one occasion to find a way to get what I want.

Emma has allowed my company to better segment our audiences and serve them better.

Emma review by User

"Easy to use and effective email tool"

What do you like best?

EMMA has a very streamlined user interface that allows for enhanced communication. Platform also comes with many helpful analytics tools and reports.

What do you dislike?

The organization system for filters and folders is lacking. We send a high volume of emails so it gets hectic without a folder system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you have done your research. EMMA is a great platform because it is user friendly and it can handle the volume of emails and data that our company needs to store.

The problem EMMA solves is the high volume of emails we send for the university. The biggest benefit of EMMA is no cap on the number of emails we send.

Emma review by <span>Amber K.</span>
Amber K.

"Great Whitelabeling "

What do you like best?

We currently use Emma as a whitelabel software for our clients. Emma was the least expensive whitelabeling option and the functionality is fantastic for both us and the clients. My favorite thing about using this software for whitelabeling is that with one login, we have access to all of our clients portals as well as our master portal.

What do you dislike?

There is no way to put a client on hold like you can on mail chimp so if you have seasonal clients (like we do) you have to pay for them the entire year even when they aren't utilizing the software.

Emma has made our service of email marketing much much more simple for our clients and for us. We no long have to login to multiple portals in order to access client's information, instead we just access our master Emma portal. This saves us time and lots of headaches.

Emma review by Agency
Agency

"Review "

What do you like best?

What I liked the most about this product was their list segmentation feature. Instead of weeding out all of those on my list that did not meet my criteria, instead all I had to do was pick the items I wanted consumers to fall under and it gave me exactly what I was looking for.

What do you dislike?

When we were searching for an email marketing solution for one particular client I was in love with Emma until I saw their pricing. The increments for contacts started at 10,000 which isnt a whole lot but when you're in the funeral business trying to sell burial plots than you only need about half of that. I would be helpful if they had sliding scaled pricing to meet that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend a 5,000 contact pricing option. This is a good start for the customer to really get a full effect of all that you have to offer with additional ways to grow your contact lists.

This product solved the countless hours we lose sleeping making personal emails to each contact, copying and pasting, and switching out names to those on our email list.

Emma review by <span>Matt O.</span>
Matt O.

"Flexible platform"

What do you like best?

Emma scales really nicely from small to enterprise clients. Their API allows almost infinite configurations of the services. Customer service is always fast and helpful.

What do you dislike?

There aren't many issues, but they do need to add some features to help keep lists and email organized, such as sub-folders. The platform itself can be a little slow sometimes, but nothing that prevents us from doing the job.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do lots of due diligence. Make sure to do platform demos. And if you have any other marketing and tech partners, get them involved to make sure they're happy with the API functionality.

Better segmentation for marketing to our customers is possible with Emma. We've been able to use the API to bring in data from our customer rewards program to better segment and understand our customers. In addition, we've used the API to create custom signup flows for various campaigns and microsites.

Emma review by <span>Josep B.</span>
Josep B.

"Easy for beginning "

What do you like best?

Really easy to use, this is my first mass mail program and I found it very helpful, there are plenty of functions that I still don’t understand for what are they used. It is a very complete program

What do you dislike?

It is very easy to design the mail you want to sent, but I miss more options to choose the size of images

Recommendations to others considering the product

For beginners is the best program, really easy to use and very good designs

Emma was my first mail marketing gestor, I used it to keep my costumes informed about the schedule and sales we have in our company

Emma review by User

"You can try it, but do not sign the contract."

What do you like best?

Almost nothing. In the first month, I really enjoyed trying to use the platform but I did not receive support from customer service.

What do you dislike?

Emma requires an annual contract with a section that in essence says, if our software does not work properly on your site, not our problem. They even offered me to disconnect the software but to keep on paying. How nice!

Recommendations to others considering the product

None. Unfortunately, Emma's integration with Shopify is very faulty, which they did not disclose prior to having me sign a contract.

Emma review by User in Apparel & Fashion
User in Apparel & Fashion

"Emma Review"

What do you like best?

I like Emma's intuitive interface; designing an attractive newsletter with minimal design experience is easy with Emma.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally I find it will time out when importing contacts through a CSV file; the file does get uploaded, it's just difficult to tell if it has completed. That's the only little bug I have found with my use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Emma is a fast-growing company based in Nashville, it is easy to use, analytics and data are straightforward and help you push for the best results possible.

Emma has allowed us to easily launch our email marketing campaign, and seamlessly create a customer list from all of our sources.

Emma review by <span>Janine S.</span>
Janine S.

"Easy email marketing"

What do you like best?

Emma is very user friendly. Easy to create your own template or go with one of pre-made ones that they have

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything that I dislike about Emma yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely. Looks great and very easy to learn. Emma staff has also taught us a lot after going through our data and letting us know what could be helpful.

Creating an email marketing strategy and selecting a good audience. Creating a better email list and a clean template can be way more effective

Emma review by <span>Shannon M.</span>
Shannon M.

"Great interface and support team."

What do you like best?

We enjoy the flexibility that we have in the system to structure the campaigns differently for each client that we are working with. The zapier integration has been extremely helpful for us to get the tracking into our system.

What do you dislike?

There have been a few situations were parts of the platform that we would like to use are in beta and haven't been as easy to use or clear in how we can utilize them to their full capacity.

We create custom and automated newsletters for our clients using Emma as well as sending informational emails to our clients.

Emma review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Emma Review"

What do you like best?

They recently updated their system, making it much easier to use.

What do you dislike?

The contact system (groups/segments) isn't as user friendly as other email systems. The design system isn't as robust as others, either. Sometimes emails don't go to the full list, but it doesn't tell me why.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The system is not as robust as other systems. They are making upgrades and improvements, and I think they're headed in the right direction, but there are other systems out there that provide the same services with better quality (Pardot, Hubspot, etc.). The contact management piece can be a bit confusing, and it doesn't track total opens vs. unique opens for email campaigns. It also has a tendency not to send to all members of a list, but doesn't tell you why.

Gathers subscribers from our website, and manages contact changes (opt-outs, bounces, etc.).

Emma review by <span>Robert P.</span>
Robert P.

"Very good e-mail experience"

What do you like best?

I liked the ease of using the templates to create simple e-blasts. It made people like myself new to e-mail marketing feel at ease with the entire process.

What do you dislike?

The unreliable way to search for members within an e-mail list. It seemed as if a lot of people who were on our list (allegedly) never showed up when we did searches by e-mail or name, but were eventually found when we went page to page.

We were sending e-mail blasts for in-store promotionals and deals. We did realize that this method of contact to our customer base helped to increase awareness and sales in store.

"Emma"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and learn. Can email out to different audiences in our database,

What do you dislike?

When you copy and paste into text boxes formatting is often lost.

Also, sometimes things look great on screen as far as set up and spacing but when you send a test the spacing has changed as would the final email blast.

In addition, if you want to exclude a segment from your audience from receiving the email it appears you can only exclude one segment. I would want to exclude 2 segments at least at a time. For example, I may send out an email blast about an event. Then want to follow up with just those who have not registered and those that the committee chair wants to reach out to. I have to combine 2 segments into one to exclude both registered and committee chair people. which is too time consuming.

Marketing our programs and special events through Emma and getting the word out to our members and donors.

Emma review by User

"Excellent Online Email Service"

What do you like best?

Emma is extremely intuitive for anyone who is looking for a way to get in to email marketing, but also great for pros that like to get in to the data and stats of campaigns!

What do you dislike?

There honestly isn’t anything that I don’t like about Emma. I’ve had a great experience with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Emma is an amazing program. If you’ve used other programs before, you’ll enjoy the simple, intuitive layout of Emma and the graphically pleasing format of the graphics for the statistics. I never have to come up with graphs or charts for presentations or report outs, they’re basically already done for me! We were also lucky enough to work with their team to design and complete a couple of custom templates. Everyone I have ever worked with has been extremely helpful and they always take the extra time with clients to learn their functions for each template and make sure everything is user friendly! Thanks, Emma!

Before we started using Emma, I didn’t have a way to track anything as far as email statistics. I am now able to report on everything from a success of a campaign to the exact location where a guest clicked on an email. These are the best initial statistics that we never knew before. We can now build a base for KPI’s with our digital team and track a guest’s progress from where they were first interested down to an actual sale.

Emma review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Great Email Marketing Platform"

What do you like best?

I really like the Emma design editor. The email marketing platform makes it easy to drag and drop images and text around on the template, so that you can easily create great looking emails. In addition there is a wealth of data to be accessed. This makes it easy to determine what is working and what isn't, which helps inform future campaigns.

What do you dislike?

My least favorite part about Emma is that there isn't a free version. A free version would give you an opportunity to get your feet wet with the platform, so you can see if it is something you want to invest in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are able to invest the money, Emma can be a great email marketing platform, but just know there is not a free version available.

Emma helps us communicate with our subscribers. We can deliver relevant content to the right person at the right time, which helps move leads through the buyer's journey.

Emma review by <span>Donna M.</span>
Donna M.

"Very easy to use but can be glitchy"

What do you like best?

Not a big learning curve at all. I used it to send out marketing newsletter to clients and I was up to speed on how to do it in less than an hour.

What do you dislike?

Even though the basic functionality was easy to use, there are some more advanced features that were not as obvious and were harder to get a grasp on. Or maybe they don't exist at all. It was just too hard to figure it out.

It was great for quick, attractively packaged email newsletters. Probably would not use it for much more than that.

Emma review by <span>Eric O.</span>
Eric O.

"Easy to use, professional quality email delivery at an affordable price."

What do you like best?

Emma's list management is the best in the business.

What do you dislike?

Google Analytics integration could be a bit more intuitive.

I use Emma for sending HTML email newsletters to a higher education alumni population of 25,000. It is easy to create campaign in Emma, merge lists from our campus CRM with subscribe and unsubscribe lists in Emma, and track the success of our campaigns.

"Quick and painless!"

What do you like best?

Customer service has been amazing! We have limited issues, but when we have run into something we definitely receive a speedy response. I appreciate the ease of use with this program. It is a bit overwhelming initially, but once you've sent a few emails it's easy to do a copy/edit if you're sending out something similar (such as a quarterly newsletter).

What do you dislike?

Uploading the pictures gets a bit annoying when you try to find what's going to fit - it also doesn't do a good representation of the mobile view in the editor with pictures. There have been times where we look at it on our personal mobiles after the email is sent and the picture will take up a huge portion of the text area. The editor section could be improved to have a mobile editor/preview.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's worth testing out with the free trial!

We are able to reach a large number of our constituents at one time. We are limited in the amount of emails that can be sent out within our college during one time (1,000). When we want to send out an email to alumni lists without having to involve ITS and create a listserv, we jump onto myemma.

Emma review by <span>Ashley H.</span>
Ashley H.

"The best solution for enewsletters "

What do you like best?

It was quick to implement, user-friendly, and everything looks very professional. I like that I can preview everything before I send and can import lists of contacts or add them individually.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, it's all great! I can't think of anything that I would change about it. It's literally everything I was looking for in a system to quickly and easily send out our enewsletter.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It was the quickest setup I've ever done. I called and talked to a representative about options and we were up and ready to go within a couple hours.

We didn't have a way to easily send out our enewsletter and now we can reach all of our customers with a professional looking newsletter to keep them informed of events, promotions, and company news.

Emma review by User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"It's your mediocre option for an email marketing campaign"

What do you like best?

The email reports are very beneficial, because you can drill down into who actually opened the email, opted out and clicked on information. You can dig further into the data, but it's not the most user friendly platform.

What do you dislike?

It's a very clunky system! It seems like the smallest changes within screens is very cumbersome. I particularly don't care for the minimal pre-scheduled options. We also run into issues on having the option to change the times once we have set a scheduled time to deliver. I highly dislike how it saves information in multiple area. If I go into my draft folder it is saved by date, but I'll have the same project saved five times in the same folder.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at other options before you settle on myemma.

We realized that we need to dig further into data about our email marketing campaigns. It has helped us recognize what email messages are successful and where can we improve.

Emma review by Administrator in Music
Administrator in Music

"Good design, expensive pricing"

What do you like best?

The email creator offered many very easy and attractive design options for creating the email body. It was easy to drag and drop new portions of the email - text boxes, photos, buttons, etc - into the design and fill them in from there.

What do you dislike?

The pricing was very high. I also was caught in a tough spot one time when our contact list number went up and pushed into a new price tier, but was not notified and ended up with a large overage fee that I did not expect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get in touch with customer support and get a service rep assigned to your account right away to avoid any problems.

Fast and easy email creation and sending. Emma also provides excellent reporting on all emails sent out.

Emma review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

MyEmma is an easy to use platform that provides good, clean templates for business use.

What do you dislike?

The "Audience" feature has suffered in the latest update, and now brings up multiple people in searches, which is quite cumbersome for making updates to people's records.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think their templates are the best, but do miss MailChimp's ability to review how emails look in different email platforms.

I love being able to track clicks and the visual representation Emma provides in the review is really helpful. Our audiences seem to like the look/feel of these emails.

Emma review by <span>Shea S.</span>
Shea S.

"Great System, but Prefer MailChimp"

What do you like best?

I like the features of Emma. From the email template layouts and interface to the ease of use, I think Emma is overall, a great system for sending e-mail blasts to customers.

What do you dislike?

I still think for my daily use, I prefer MailChimp. The system is a little more easier to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Emma is a great system, but definitely think MailChimp is an easier to use system for myself, not to mention the price point of MailChimp seems to be a little less expensive.

It helps to continuously get the word out to customers.

Emma review by <span>Rebecca C.</span>
Rebecca C.

"A Definite Upgrade from Constant Contact"

What do you like best?

I really like the custom capabilities (ex. widgets) and the range of templates far outway CC.

What do you dislike?

I wish Emma was a little more user firendly with my co-workers who are not as familiar with html programs and don't really care to be. I wish I could customize the preset templates more or even use elements from one to another OR use it in one of my own creations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Relatively easy to use for those not super familiar with html marketing programs, but still a little more advanced than other programs. It has a very professional look and can be used for countless objectives.

My organization uses Emma for membership GA alerts, marketing for events and other important information for our membership.

Emma review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Good for less robust reporting & campaigns"

What do you like best?

My Emma has a simple UI that's not complex or confusing. It's easy to navigate and they have some attractive templates to choose from to make your emails look reasonably professional.

What do you dislike?

MyEmma doesn't like custom-coded email templates. Their code editor often "chews' your code and makes it difficult to cross-platform or cross-browser compatibility. It also isn't as robust in its reporting and data analytics as other email platforms on the market.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a small business without the need for custom templates, want to email to your current customer and prospect lists in a regular fashion, and aren't looking to glean any significant customer experience insights from the email data, this is a decent solution.

If you need to stay in touch with your current prospect list, don't have time (or need) to do custom templates, and you're a small business that's not looking for a ton of customer experience insight, this is a decent solution. (As with all US-based email providers, be sure all contacts in your email list have opted into your campaigns).

Emma review by <span>Amber B.</span>
Amber B.

"Average ESP for the big businesses, good ESP for small businesses"

What do you like best?

Interface is pretty easy to use and can be learnt quickly by beginners and non-experts in Email Marketing

What do you dislike?

The editing process when designing emails is difficult and clunky without an undo button (they use a revert to time format).

Recommendations to others considering the product

For small businesses, it is an effective tool comparable to MailChimp.

Templates allow us to send communications to our 80k member base rather efficiently and quickly.

Emma review by User

"Emma Marketing in the workplace"

What do you like best?

The ease of having templates already made up for you is great. You just click the category you need and drop the information you want to share into place.

What do you dislike?

The information has to be approved to comply with the company brand standards and sometimes it can get rejected, making a staff member have to re-do the entire ad.

We are able to use Emma to reach our entire client base at any one time whether it is a beginning of the month blast or specific events.

Emma review by <span>Toni E.</span>
Toni E.

"Emma has cultivated a community of email evangelists around their awesome mid-market email software."

What do you like best?

What I love about Emma is that they truly care about the importance of doing awesome email marketing and their clients' success. They get super geeky and excited about educating their clients and it gets me pumped up to do the best email marketing possible. I work for a digital agency and we use the platform for several clients. We initially chose Emma because they pay way more attention to design than their competitors which is vital in standing out in the sea of email messages in inboxes. Their custom options are perfect for doing cool things at affordable prices, and their templates are contemporary and beautiful. What's kept us on as clients is Emma's continual push to keep evolving their software and educating us on the email marketing industry. The software itself is super intuitive and easy to use. I love the automation options that allow us to set up smart, targeted campaigns to reach people at the most optimal times. And I'm excited to try out their new dynamic content options as well that will allow us to send one email but switch out pieces of the content depending on audience member data. There's always something new brewing at Emma, and I like that they keep us informed every step of the way. I'm proud to be an Emma user and part of their community.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to see a few additional built-in a/b testing options, but I'm sure those are right around the corner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This team will work with you no matter what level you are at with email marketing. They can help beginners get started without it begin overwhelming and they can help more advanced professionals take their email marketing even further. Just pay attention and look for opportunities to engage with their team. Read their emails and blog posts, download their white papers, attend their webinars, and before you know it you'll be a true part of their community and you'll feel like they're an extension of your marketing team. I don't like to bash other products, but please choose them over Constant Contact. I've used both, and the level of passion and knowledge they have for email marketing is way higher. If you're trying to decide between these two (or this could be applicable for deciding between other providers too), I'd suggest signing up for their actual email lists. To me the quality of Emma's own email marketing to me is way better than that of Constant Contact's and other providers, so for me that's a seller. It positions them as the better expert.

We've been able to build and nurture relationships with customers and potential customers by using Emma's email marketing platform. We've found email is the best way to keep in touch with customers and to also get them to take actions. For example we recently sent out an email on behalf of a client of ours in the travel industry (a group of vacation condos) asking for past guests to write Trip Advisor reviews. We got 19 new reviews (5% conversion) as a direct result of the email campaign and the client moved up 3 spots in ranking in their Trip Advisor category. For this particular client Trip Advisor is a big influence in potential guests deciding whether or not to book with them, so additional reviews and a better ranking will help influence more stays. On behalf of this same travel client, we also created a visitors series that is a series of 3 emails sent out to guests before they come to stay at the condos with tips for packing, introductions to the property manager, tips for activities and more. This series is sent through Emma's automation feature and allows us to reach these guests with this tailored content at exactly the right time. This series is useful for the guests and creates brand advocates for our client.

Emma review by User in Higher Education

"Emma Email Marketing Review"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy the drag and drop features of EMMA. You can change your column design, add pictures, and add different types of content by simply dragging whatever you'd like from the toolbar on the left. I have enjoyed using the Response features as well. The click map is a great visual to see what your constituents are interested in. I also like the fact that you can see exactly who clicked on what, which is different from my past experience with Constant Contact. I also like that you can check each emails mobile responsiveness, what it looks like on different screen sizes, prior to sending.

What do you dislike?

I find that Emma does not move as quickly as I would like it to. I am constantly waiting for the website to catch up with what I am trying to enter. Occasionally changes will not be saved, so it is always a good idea to review your pieces a second time. Occasionally formatting will change when it is sent out to different email clients. If you are trying to alter the formatting of your text you can run into problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I feel like Emma is a smoother and sleeker product than others I have used. You do not need to be a technical genius to figure out how to use the product, it is quite user-friendly. There is a small lag time that can be inconvenient which you may want to consider if you are a fast typer or worker.

Emma allows our College to create multiple accounts, which is great for our segmentation purposes. Within the Advancement Office alone we have two separate accounts, solicitation and non-solicitation, so that people who would like to opt-out of receiving giving solicitations are still able to receive gratitude emails, stewardship emails and our parent newsletter.

Emma review by <span>Jay L.</span>
Jay L.

"Functional and Fast"

What do you like best?

They have nice variety of templates and overall the platform is easy to navigate through.

What do you dislike?

There is limited ability to work with different fonts and sometimes system gets clunky when trying to work with indents and spacing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great started program

Increasing our social exposure and touching clients with targeted newsletters. We have seen a steady increase in client engagement.

Emma review by <span>Sean A.</span>
Sean A.

"Great product! Wish the paid version for Google Apps was cheaper"

What do you like best?

Boomerang is incredibly useful. It basically functions as an extra reminder/to-do list by returning emails to the top of your inbox when you want to read them. Great tool to remind yourself to email someone back after a few days.

Also lets you draft emails and have them queued to send at a specific time, which is great if you want to write an email at midnight but not have it arrive until 9am to a colleague, for example. Also, the read receipts feature is excellent. It has such a clear dashboard that shows when an email is read -- I've been able to use it in court because it's so robust and easy to understand.

What do you dislike?

Price. It's cheap if you use it on your regular Gmail, but if you use Google for Work, it costs you ~$40 as an individual per month. Pretty ridiculous -- I assume they expect everyone's company will cover it, but that's never going to happen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Boomerang for Gmail is a must-have productivity tool.

Queueing emails to send at specific times to increase open rates, returning emails to remind me to respond or read them at a later date, and read receipts for personal and legal use.

Emma review by Administrator in Insurance
Administrator in Insurance

"Always willing to help; great product and even better people. "

What do you like best?

I love the product but what I love even more is that when I come across something within the product that I find frustrating or complicated, the people behind the product are there to help. And they aren't there for an hour or two at off hours. They are there when you need them via chat, email, AND telephone. Everyone I've worked with and spoken to from or first sales rep to the CEO has always been kind and helpful. That does not happen often.

What do you dislike?

The couple of items I disliked immediately upon started using the platform were already fixed. The last remaining item (sizing of images) is being worked on (so I've been told). If I have a complaint I take it straight to the experts.

We have agents and customers. We email both audiences with this same platform. Our biggest benefit since switching is being able to show real metrics from campaigns and adjust on the fly.

Emma review by User

"Emma has all the tools to be great"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to share my content with my member base. Importing photos and buttons into the layout is fairly easy.

What do you dislike?

It is very difficult to copy and paste content into EMMA - the formats are constantly changing and it takes several attempts to get the appearance to look correct. I'll highlight a paragraph to bold and it will only let me do a few characters at a time. I also wish there was a better way to put photos into different spots, rearrange size, etc. The blocks are built in so that you can only add photos to certain areas of each section. A lot of times, the predetermined size doesn't work well with my text so I'm either taking away content or adding fluff to make it work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I, unfortunately, would not recommend this product.

I use EMMA to send creative e-blasts to my clients. I love how easy it is to send to my clients.

"myEmma is myLifesaver"

What do you like best?

Wonderful customization of colors, great templating, easy segmentation, clearly organized, strong WYSIWYG and HTML writing capability.

What do you dislike?

Limited customization of fonts, and I wish the analytics were more detailed by time, i.e. not only seeing who clicked where, but when, as well as a breakdown of when people are reading e-blasts by demographic/time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it!

We have managed to connect, fundraise, collaborate, and promote more events and opportunities with our constituents (alumni, families, faculty, staff, and friends of the institute where I work).

Emma review by <span>Katie P.</span>
Katie P.

"I've already recommended Emma to colleagues"

What do you like best?

I've used several email marketing providers, but I love Emma's clean and simple user interface! It makes email marketing a breeze. I also really like the A/B testing capabilities Emma offers.

What do you dislike?

From time to time, the system will crash while I'm building an email, which can be frustrating. I'm in the habit of saving often.

I contracted with Emma to send our monthly newsletter. We worked with them to create a custom template which makes it easy to develop a consistent, well branded newsletter each month. Since then, we've utilized Emma for other basic email marketing needs, and we look forward to broadening our use with them in the future through their automation services.

Emma review by User

"Emma = Easy to Use Marketing Mail"

What do you like best?

Emma has great customer service and will help you learn their system to optimize your results.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I can think to complain about is that some of their knowledge-base trainings are opportunities to try and sell another service. It's like the equivalent of bloatware on a computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Always take Emma up on their offer for training, it's invaluable!

We are segmenting audiences and targeting our emails for specific demographics in order to achieve a focused reach with our marketing efforts.

Emma review by <span>Cecilia  R.</span>
Cecilia R.

"Marketing for Large Crowds"

What do you like best?

I like that Emma is really user friendly

What do you dislike?

Does not have many templates! I wish it had more to work with because that way we could set up every email differently, rather than using the same templates over and over. Another thing they should consider is getting more fonts, as their selection is a bit limited.

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/A

I can send an email to a large amount of people, which is really beneficial when working in an administrative department for a university

Emma review by <span>Brett J.</span>
Brett J.

"Email made easy!"

What do you like best?

Being able to schedule emails to be sent at optimal times makes life so much easier as a sales executive. You can drastically improve open and click rates simply by scheduling emails to be sent on optimal days and times, relevant to the location of the person being messaged.

What do you dislike?

The UI took a bit of playing around with to effectively configure things the way I wanted them, but in all fairness once I was able to do so, it worked without a hitch.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you work on or manage a sales team, having a tool like Boomerang in your back pocket can certainly help improve the overall outbound and email approaches, increasing open and click rates without having to reinvent the wheel.

Complimenting a never-ending sales dilemma.. How do I send this email in a manner that will most effectively serve its purpose? Not having to stay up throughout the night to send emails to folks residing in overseas countries was paramount for being able to market and sell into overseas markets.

Emma review by Administrator in Museums and Institutions
Administrator in Museums and Institutions

"Easy email marketing"

What do you like best?

The platform itself - it makes building emails seamless and easy. We are able to drag and drop much of the content without having to edit the code much at all. We have the option to add code, but it's not necessary for most of the emails we send. The user interface is so much cleaner than our last ESP.

What do you dislike?

The only negative I've noticed is the scheduler. To schedule an email, you don't click the giant button to "Send now." You have to click a text link beside it. It's very, very tough to avoid clicking that button. We schedule 99 percent of our emails, so changing that interface would be helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Emma is easy to use from an email building side. They were quick in setting up custom templates for us and they have a number of easy options to implement best practices in email design. The setup proved slightly more difficult than we thought, since their Salesforce integration is new. However, that has been taken care of and we're up and running in a relatively short period of time.

The main problems this solved were cost and functionality. Our last ESP was both expensive and had a low open rate. Many of the features we needed cost extra. With Emma, everything is both up-front cost-wise and our delivery rates are much improved.

Emma review by Administrator in Libraries
Administrator in Libraries

"There are so many benefits to using Emma!"

What do you like best?

It's so easy to input customers (we have a different customer datatbase, outside of Emma), build emails, and send them. I'm also very impressed with the automation features that allow us to set up triggers to contact our customers based on their behavior. We have received a tremendously positive feedback since working with Emma. I also really love that Emma provides their customers with regular webinars about the products and other aspects of email and digital marketing-- I have learned so much.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of a single negative thing to say-- Emma has been great from working with the sales team, all the way through implementation and adding new features and services to our system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely consider Emma in the top of your email marketing choices! They are great to work with and the product is excellent.

We switched from a different email marketing company, and the differences couldn't be more clear. We're contacting new customers when they join our library, and are really able to communicate all that the library has to offer.

Emma review by <span>Sydney E.</span>
Sydney E.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

This is an easy-to-use html experience. Easily build a custom e-blast and choose specific recipients. Track the email to see number of people who have opened it/clicked on provided links.

What do you dislike?

You are working with a template, so sometimes you can't get the exact design you want. This isn't a major flaw by any means, just somewhat frustrating at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn all you can about it, so that you can get the most out of the software.

Understanding who is even opening the emails. It's important to have a compelling subject line to get people to open.

Emma review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Got the job done, but not as user-friendly as some other platforms."

What do you like best?

The tool did what it was meant to do, and it was usually easy to do it. We were able to create custom lists for various email campaigns, and update them as necessary.

What do you dislike?

Creating customized templates wasn't super easy or intuitive. There were only a few size options for images, making it hard to fit them in places unless they adhered to the given specs. Editing emails was also tricky, since there wasn't an undo button - you were only able to jump back in time to a previous version all together.

We were using the tool to send email campaigns to customers. It allowed us to measure the open rates, click through rates, bounce rates, etc.

Emma review by <span>Jay H.</span>
Jay H.

"World-class email marketing program"

What do you like best?

Supremely easy to use, even for email marketing newbies

What do you dislike?

Out of the box templates are confusing - wish they were extremely basic and let you build from there

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it for one newsletter if you're not sure - and make sure to get a tutorial from customer service; they're very helpful and responsive.

I needed a cloud-based email marketing solution that even a non-designer like myself could use without too much hassle, AND that looked great. I tried Vertical Response and MailChimp, but liked Emma twice as much as either. I've been getting strong open and click-through rates and lots of compliments on how good our emails look.

Emma review by <span>Darrin S.</span>
Darrin S.

"Easy to make you emails"

What do you like best?

The system is smooth easy and makes life simple to build professional looking emails. The easy to use templates.

What do you dislike?

Can be slow at times. The Salesforce integration and list management is a still not smooth. They are making improvements but we need a stronger integration.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Better list managing when integrated with Salesforce. Automatic pulls from Salesforce once a segment and report is built.

Allowing my manager to produce emails quickly and professionally. Our emails look more professional than ever.

Emma review by <span>Pam B.</span>
Pam B.

"Emma is my business home away from home. "

What do you like best?

When our company signed up with Emma more than 6 years ago, it was their design-friendly interface that sealed the deal. And my satisfaction has only continued to soar since 2009. To our agency no other email marketing service offers the depth of features, integration, tech support and service than Emma. I happily attended Emma's 3 day conference called Marketing United in April 2015. On my first day there, one of the employees recognized my name tag and introduced herself as the woman who opened my acct. way back when! I was so happy to be remembered. After diving into email marketing for 3 full days, I returned to my desk on Monday much more knowledgeable, equipped with good data and fully inspired to help my clients succeed in this forum of email marketing.

What do you dislike?

That I don't have my own desk tucked away in their Nashville offices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take it for a test drive (get a free trial) and see for yourself.

We have several nonprofit clients. One is among the oldest in our city and we are helping them as they host one of the nations most successful online giving event. Through Emma's concierge service we have honed away at creating relevancy for the many segments of their audience, which helped the event grow almost 190% in funds raised.

Emma review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"You will fall in love with Emma"

What do you like best?

One of the best benefit of working with Emma is their support staff. As an agency, we have been given suggestion as well as platform tweaks to make our deployment workflow run smoother. Working with other deployment services, it is the customer that needs to change their workflow in order to comply with platform requirement. With Emma, all we needed to do is ask and changes were made in most cases or a workaround was offered.

What do you dislike?

Some of the triggers and audience control can be limited at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend developing a relationship with Emma's support team until you are comfortable with the platform. Have your development team establish a few templates and run them by Emma's support for any issue. If you do not have development support, ask Emma for help. They do offer paid development services for templates and api needs.

Our designers can pretty much prepare an newsletter for deployment without writing a single line of code. That is a great benefit for us.

Emma review by <span>Ashley B.</span>
Ashley B.

"yEmma is an excellent service."

What do you like best?

Emma is an excellent tool to use, especially in the marketing spectrum. I feel that it provides the best feedback and raw data I need for a variety of tasks and projects. Also the customer service with Emma is top notch.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about Emma. The program is very user friendly, simple and up to date.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely look into utilizing Emma for your company.

MyEmma makes it easy to send out mass emails and track open rates, let’s us know which emails make the most impact.

Emma review by <span>Katherine T.</span>
Katherine T.

"Love Emma, the personalized support is the biggest selling factor"

What do you like best?

I love the teams that they have available to assist you in creating and implementing the best email marketing strategy for your company

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the drag and drop editor does not have any many customization functions as Mailchimp and I can't place buttons in columns, and that I have to link documents to a button via a link that I have to go out of the editor page to grab and then go back in and place the link.

We are working on a large scale automation project with the Emma team and are really excited about how its going to change things for our marketing team

Emma review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Review for Emma"

What do you like best?

Ability to move columns and rows after already in the editing process.

What do you dislike?

It tells me I have too much text after only 40k worth of text. I also don't like that they don't have more basic design options with the ability to remove an image in a current design.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend doing your research to know what is important to you as far as email marketing. We did the Emma trial and that's how we made our final decision.

I like that there are more editing capabilities than some other email marketing platforms. I also think that Emma is more aware of how email marketing is changing and growing. The customer service is also a lot easier to get in touch with that our previous company.

I definitely like the ability to have automatic emails sent based on segments and parameters that I have set up.

Emma review by <span>Travis C.</span>
Travis C.

"Good email system, but a little limited"

What do you like best?

The user interface is easy to use and very straightforward.

What do you dislike?

Some elements that I'd like to have control over are missing. You're currently unable to create columns within an email, unless the entire email is setup using a column layout. I also don't believe you can use an image within an email as a clickable link, which is something I would like to do as well.

We need to be able to send email out to a large audience, while controlling who within that audience is contacted.

Emma review by <span>Nicholas S.</span>
Nicholas S.

"Good overall"

What do you like best?

User interface for the platform is very intuitative.

What do you dislike?

Wish there was more customization options with the templates.

Working with different clients across a variety of different industries. Emma makes it easy to keep track and maintain our clients efforts.

Emma review by User in Internet

"Great that it's responsive, but buggy"

What do you like best?

Emma has an easy to use interface and lots of great features, like email automation and responsive email templates. It's also nice that they have an agency account with the ability to add subaccounts to our agency account. They also have some great online resources.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, it's very buggy. When I try to paste something into an email text box, it takes me forever to make it match the existing formatting and I often have to edit the HTML and CSS. The automation is great, but it's hard to send emails to people that have not opened past emails. I have used other email marketing software and it's much easier to do it with them than with Emma.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be patient

We are using Emma as our email marketing provider.

"Emma is user-friendly"

What do you like best?

Templates you can create and safe are great. Allows a lot of segmentation and useful analytics. Really love the split test subject line feature. Overall, very intuitive and user-friendly.

What do you dislike?

No customization options for images and their sizing, making it difficult sometimes to make a picture within email body look nicely formatted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Emma for mail merge and mass email work. It is very easy to learn how to use it, and if any challenges arise, they have very helpful customer support.

We use Emma to send e-asks to donors and provide e-news updates to our organization network. It has been great for these purposes, and helped us increase online giving.

Emma review by <span>Kyle G.</span>
Kyle G.

"Great product for Universities, Agencies and Individuals alike"

What do you like best?

Emma's ease to use application and customer-centric ecosystem make it a breeze for new admins to get up and running building and managing their campaigns. With their agency system, I can help each unit develop their own look within brand guidelines, and give them the tools they need to get the word out to customers. Email managers can then see each campaign's data and run reports for managers all within the tools. Automation tools take the guesswork out of setting up welcome email series or follow up campaigns based on user data.

What do you dislike?

Some agency tools are still a bit immature for a platform of it's age. However, I have talked to customer support and many of the items or functions we're looking to do are in the works. We're working closely with their team for better data integration, much of which is a problem with our ecosystem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For universities and agencies looking for a product that is dedicated to email marketing, this is your product. While a lot of similar companies have been bought up by larger ones and features have lacked behind trends, Emma continues to push forward to innovate. Their feature release cycle seems to be increasing every quarter with new and innovative tools to help marketers do their job better.

Being a university we're very highly customer (student) focused. Being able to email prospective students on brand look consistently and allowing unit to handle the mailings themselves, relieves the burden off of already stretched resources.

Emma review by <span>Nathan H.</span>
Nathan H.

"Emma makes it easy for us to send beautiful emails"

What do you like best?

I really like how easy it is to build out nice looking emails. Our designer built out a template for our emails and I'm able to easily drag and drop images and text blocks into it to customize it. Emma also offers analytics that are easy to digest and act upon for future emails. We just started using their automation workflow and it was super easy to set-up.

What do you dislike?

Our brand uses two Google fonts and I wish these were supported. I believe this is a greater email/ device support issue than Emma though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out. It's really easy to use.

Emma helps us connect with our customers and free trial users. Our new email automation workflow through Emma allows us to share best practices with free trial signups throughout their 15-day free trial without overwhelming them in the first day.

Emma also helps us track the effectiveness of our emails. We tested adding a video to an email to customers and were able to easily identify a click-through-rate increase of 45%. The heat map is slick.

Emma review by <span>Francesca C.</span>
Francesca C.

"Email scheduling rules, template options don’t "

What do you like best?

Contacts sync with our leads on zendesk

What do you dislike?

Hard to build a new template without coding, wish there was a template builder with drag and drop options

We have companywide templates which is helpful, and good tools are offered for scheduling and analytics

Emma review by <span>Evan T.</span>
Evan T.

"Emma is a great email tool for Higher Education"

What do you like best?

Emma has a great user interface and is easy to use. It is also affordable for Higher Education institutions.

What do you dislike?

I wish Emma had a few more integrations similar to MailChimp as well as an easier to use drag-and-drop editor.

We are using Emma for several email communications.

Emma review by <span>Jonathan M.</span>
Jonathan M.

"Very user friendly, well-controlled email marketing"

What do you like best?

I love the design and feature function of Emma. I can easily create a new email. They also have live support which is nice. They are good people

What do you dislike?

I wish that the app wasn't so slow to respond sometimes

Recommendations to others considering the product

They were recently acquired and seem to be losing some of the small-town feel that they had. Their product is still performing well, though.

We are easily creating, emailng, and tracking response with our segments. It is a very easy to use and understand tool.

Emma review by <span>pamela b.</span>