Emma

With tailored editions for businesses, franchises, retailers, universities and agencies, Emma offers enterprise-level email marketing capabilities in a team-friendly experience that's simple and enjoyable

Work for Emma?

Learning about Emma?

Emma Reviews

Ask Emma a Question
Showing 226 Emma reviews
Emma review by <span>Trista B.</span>
Trista B.

Reaching our client base with Emma

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use. The ready-to-go templates save me time and brain power. Our clients get a beautiful, professional-looking communication from us. I can integrate and customize the look of my Eventbrite events into my emails with no trouble.

What do you dislike?

I don't like adding contacts to my Audience. I haven't mastered the bulk upload. I just need to take the time to work on the issues I experienced early-on that stem from bad exports from my agency management system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the import / export functionality. Seems like a no-brainer, but my agency management system doesn't export system data into spreadsheets so this was a challenge for me during setup. No fault of Emma.

We wanted our client base to know about all of the services we offer outside of insurance products. With Emma, I can get that information to them in mass or by industry (or Group in Emma).

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Emma
Emma review by <span>Benjamin T.</span>
Benjamin T.

Flexibility is a double-edged sword

What do you like best?

The analytics of user visits, clicks, and interest are a great help. When you have direct information about who is clicking on what, and who are your most avid readers, you can draw conclusions about a dedicated sub-set of your mailing list.

What do you dislike?

Incredibly frustrating editing problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Emma has a great range of in-text editing flexibility, but they haven't worked out the kinks of realizing that flexibility without there being massive drawbacks. Reformatting links and text after copying and pasting is a massive time suck for me. Frequently, Emma will freeze an element, and a whole section must be deleted to clean up the mistake. I was bulleting a list, and the final bullet froze in the bottom of the 'jobs' section of the newsletter. I couldn't even click on the bullet to delete it. I had to copy and paste the whole section to a clean section; except EMMA has poor copy and paste functionality. I had to reformat every single change in text size, boldness, heading...EMMA will be the bane of your existence with piddling errors and trivial formatting issues. But, it will frustrate nonetheless.

We have been able to manage the mailings of our monthly mobility management newsletter, and track which users have clicked on what, and what topics over time have been the most popular.

What Email Marketing solution do you use?

Emma review by <span>Kyle M.</span>
Kyle M.

Good Email Marketing Software

What do you like best?

One of my favorite things about Emma is the recent mailings view that is there when you login in. It gives you a snapshot if important information of your most recent campaign. It also includes all the important info that you use to track your campaign trends (open rate, click rate).

What do you dislike?

I dislike the lack of ability to edit templates. Sometimes it is easier to just start from scratch with a black template, then you can do whatever you like with it. I also do not like their drag and drop features. It gets difficult putting things where you want them with all the forced boxes and lines that you have to navigate when adding items.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is pretty straightforward, and you just need to play around with it if you have never used it before. It is similar to other email marketing platforms like constant contact and mail chimp.

One problem we are solving with this software is connecting with our customers after they leave our store or website. This keeps our customers engaged with us. This is also being used to drive traffic to our social media websites as well as our website.

Emma review by <span>Shannon A.</span>
Shannon A.
G2 Gives Campaign

Game-Changer for our Email Marketing Strategy

What do you like best?

A/B testing, design help, and ability to see where people are clicking most on an email are just a few of the things Emma can do and it has stepped up our email marketing game tremendously. Their customer support is OUT OF THIS WORLD. We have worked with other platforms and never have ever spoken to a real person and day one of signing up we got to meet our entire team at Emma that will help us strategize and build out a successful year with email marketing - UNBELIEVABLE.

What do you dislike?

Can't group our emails since we work in separate divisions, but we also just started using Emma so we have a lot to learn as far as flow goes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best email marketing platform out there -- No question about it.

Our email lists were not targeted enough so we were missing out on big opportunities to cater to our audience. Emma has completely solved this problem with their groups/segmenting and it's already helping us get more business.

Emma review by <span>Brian F.</span>
Brian F.

Building emails takes twice as long as it should

What do you like best?

Analytics - very good response statistics, lots of detail.

What do you dislike?

Everything else. The interface for building emails is trash. Randomly inserts break tags in text. Changing text color is a fiasco. Very limited options for photo sizes. Code generated by drag-&-drop editor is an absolute mess. No option to create email categories for people to opt out of. Not a good tool for membership-based audience list, where I need to upload an entirely new list every time -- automatic import doesn't provide an option to remove expired members.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stop considering it. It shouldn't even be on your list of contenders. Use MailChimp or Constant Contact instead.

This program came to me with a new client. The benefits over the system most of our clients use: better response metrics.

Emma review by <span>Mario M.</span>
Mario M.

How can a company care so much and sell email services? Is it a front for amazing person training?

What do you like best?

Email marketing built for everyone! Never done any email marketing? Need a solution that will scale as you grow? Email wizard that is tired of complicated systems? If you answered YES to any of these then Emma is a solution that you truly need to consider.

The Emma staff go above and beyond to help their customers realize their goals. They are responsive, innovative, excellent at support and truly invested in the success of their customers.

They have realized that by focusing on the true success of their customers they will be successful as a business. Here are a few of the things that I (and you will) love about Emma: top notch design services, free weekly product trainings, custom integration support, good old fashioned list management/list growth. These things and many moreare all delivered with a smile and "what else can we do to help you" attitude.

If you are considering an email platform that is effective and easy to use. Do yourself and your business a favor and take a good close look at Emma. In a world where digital marketing should be only a catalyst for analog experiences, Emma is a benchmark.

What do you dislike?

some of the dynamic content components are a bit tricky to use as they must live in the email and are not dynamically pulling from a table.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The support is top notch, the program is so easy to use and they are improving it with updates every day.

We use Emma in two very different ways: To communicate with our dealers partners. We provide email templates and integrations into our SalesForce instance that allows our dealer partners (all over North America) to market and communicate with their leads and customers.

Learn more about Emma

Emma Videos

Learning about Emma?

* We monitor all Emma reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.