This platform is quite primitive. I absolutely DO NOT recommend it. I can't wait to switch to something else once our subscription is up.
If you're an absolute beginner to email marketing or not a marketing person but rather someone taking on marketing responsibilities, then it's fine.
Although Emma looks like a promising, professional platform, in reality, it is quite basic, too top-level (no specificity), not fully customizable, etc.
My biggest gripes with Emma are:
- Insights and analytics are quite lacking. Does not go deeper than open, click rates, and opt-outs.
- Out of all email marketing software I have I used, Emma emails are the ones that go into spam most easily.
No, not "promotions" or "unfocused". Spam.
- The available pre-made email templates look very old-school and outdated. Very 2004. There is no marketplace or option to acquire more.
- Thankfully, you can use your own custom HTML email templates, but the interface is a bit funky. Every time you preview your email and hit "back" it returns you to the top of the frame.
- You can't save custom HTML templates and then edit them as a WYSIWYG like in HubSpot or MailChimp.
- Their email templates are NOT fully cross-browser or cross-platform compatible.
- Emma automatically generates mobile versions for their "mobile ready" themes. Other platforms let you make edits to how your mobile and desktop versions will look separately.
- They have a field for custom preview text, but it doesn't work for all email providers.
- Has integrations with very few third-party platforms.
- Automation workflow rules lack some basic functionalities (for example, send THIS given XXYZ open conditions are met)
- Doesn't allow you to personalize Subject Lines or descriptions
- Only A/B testing available is for subject lines