EMS Software

EMS Software is meeting and room scheduling software for the workplace and campus that helps to increase productivity, attract and retain people, reduce costs, and differentiate their brand.

Work for EMS Software?

Learning about EMS Software?

EMS Software Reviews

Showing 20 EMS Software reviews
EMS Software review by Victoria H.
Victoria H.

"Great software"

What do you like best?

The overall ease of use - easy to input events and glance at to see all events going on.

What do you dislike?

The web client platform on a mobile device is difficult

We have our HVAC system hooked up to the system so we are not wasting energy on empty rooms.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about EMS Software
EMS Software review by Samuel  P.
Samuel P.

"Great Software"

What do you like best?

It was extremely easy to view multiple spaces at once.

What do you dislike?

We only had the desktop client which was sometimes slow to load.

Space management with multiple users who’s needs are constant changing. The benefit has been one that there is no need for one person to be dedicated to scheduling rooms, it also speeds up the room scheduling process for meetings,and three it allows maintenance a chance to see when they have a window to do work on a space.

What Meeting Room Booking System solution do you use?

EMS Software review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"Very User Friendly Software"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use and navigate through the software. I have used a couple other event software systems and EMS is by far the most user friendly. A couple of features that make it easy to work with are: copy and paste, able to add on to multiple bookings with ease, linking is easy, adjusting pricing, quantity and titles are simple. I don't feel like I have used EMS to its fullest capabilities, I think there is so still many features that I haven't discovered and hope to utilize in the future.

What do you dislike?

I would like for it to be more color coded. This would be beneficial when working on multiple date bookings under one reservation.

EMS I great for efficiency. The amount of time it takes to book a meeting and send out the confirmation can easily be done within a minute.

EMS Software review by Suzanne E.
Suzanne E.

"Benchmark event software "

What do you like best?

Ability to capture information in one central location for various departments and colleagues to access and utilize

What do you dislike?

Could be more user friendly, better design and navigation, easier to customize.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure it fits your needs at your organization as it is an expensive product. Ensure all data is uploaded and configured properly upon implementing the software.

Better efficiency of space planning and utilization.

EMS Software review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"EMS Enterprise - Meeting Room Management Software"

What do you like best?

The meeting room inventory management software works out well for our use. We own/manage 20 meeting spaces within our headquarters building. The software allows users to view available meeting rooms in real time, request the meeting room...and then we as administrators review the requests electronically and confirms the space back to the user. Food/beverage and a/v requirements can be included with the request. We then use the software to generate weekly reports, as well as daily and/or weekly setup requirements for our facilities management staff.

Year end reports can then also be created and are customizable.

What do you dislike?

The customer service is marginal. There was a lot of staff turnover while we were configuring and trying to implement the software. The process took about a year. Also....they basically give you the "bones" of the software....and there is a LOT of client staff time involved in learning the configuration. Any assistance needed with the configuration is billed at an hourly rate and is not included in the cost for the software.

The annual maintenance fee does include Help Desk help.....but again, this is only for basic questions regarding the use of the product .

Recommendations to others considering the product

Getting a good consultant at the onset and making sure that they don't leave the company in the middle of the implementation stage is key!

It definitely is a time saver regarding the management of our meeting space. We previously were doing this manually. It also provides great reports for us, which we didn't have previously.

EMS Software review by User in Higher Education

"EMS - Lots of potential - must be better developed."

What do you like best?

The ability to create customized reports is the best part of EMS. Some companies charge additional fees to create a query.

What do you dislike?

The inability of programmers to create set and strike times in addition to their standard reserve and event start &end times. That they "support" nelnet and various other payment systems but have no way to integrate them. This software is still a single platform system (windows sql). We should be in an era where software is platform agnostic for ease of use of the client. There is a lot of potential in the software if support listened to their customers. I recently attended a conference where many people were using the software and the universal complaint is that the company does not listen to client suggestions for improvement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that the actual product meets your needs prior to purchase. EMS promised that our needs would be addressed in future upgrades which has not been our experience.

Multiple facilities are using EMS enterprise for conferences and events on my campus. The only locations that have great success are facilities that don't have multi-function spaces such as a standard auditorium or a classroom. Multi-function spaces with multiple events have a harder time using this software.

EMS Software review by John F.
John F.

"I supervise the Conference Technology team, and use EMS as a means to generate daily schedules."

What do you like best?

I like the ability to manipulate data for daily schedules and monthly reports, as needed.

What do you dislike?

I wish that video conference bookings across multiple time-zones could be organized and generated to display them in a report chronologically by conference, rather than by bookings in their local time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

EMS has been by far the best scheduling software that I have used in over 10 years working in corporate Conference Centers' Audio/Visual departments.

We have used EMS to streamline and improve scheduling and reporting.

EMS Software review by User in Information Technology and Services

"EMS is a great solution"

What do you like best?

How adaptable the platform can be, and it's ability to report across several different levels.

What do you dislike?

There is not a mobile portal where you can view up to date information, eliminating the need for print outs. Some of the reporting could be more granular, giving the ability to report more sub categories, and eliminate excessive lines of data. If reporting structure could give charted analysis with graphs and visual presentation, much of the reporting we currently do in SharePoint could be eliminated altogether.

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/A

Capturing metrics for video conference statistics, and it has the given the ability to streamline the reporting process so much of it is automated and completed on the front end.

"I use EMS daily."

What do you like best?

I like the way it succinctly organizes the day's meetings so I can see at a glance what I have going on.

What do you dislike?

The interface takes some getting used to, but there is a lot of customization you can do to make it work for you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out. I have used other products in the past, but this one is the most comprehensive and user-friendly.

I make sure meetings go off as they're supposed to. EMS allows me to see exactly what my clients need without having to guess.

EMS Software review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"This is a daily EMS user review."

What do you like best?

It's generally fast, tailored to the needs of my team/ department, and keeps us organized.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I wish we could make customizations on our own. (This may reflect the way we use it within the team, and may be less of a reflection on the software itself.)

I work in meeting planning in a law firm. EMS is used to book and manage space across multiple departments, and office locations. This software allows us to coordinate a lot of data, resources, and users in one organized spot.

EMS Software review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Perfect for College Campuses"

What do you like best?

I love how it easily syncs to the other software that we use on campus. It's mobile friendly and easy to use. I also love the desk top version for fast edits

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the web client is not the most reliable as with anything other the web

Recommendations to others considering the product

definitely use this product

top of the line event management and communication between venue and clients.

EMS Software review by User in Internet

"Bulky and outdated, but gets the job done"

What do you like best?

While not the prettiest platform, Dean Evans is pretty straightforward to navigate. Was helpful with pulling event records.

What do you dislike?

Dean Evans is very clunky and outdated. Its interface is in need of a major overhaul. It is also pretty difficult to customize, meaning that custom event set ups or needs are hard if they are not part of the software from the get go.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking to customize your event management platform, look elsewhere. Dean Evans EMS will do the job for standard event needs, but is not the most flexible option out there.

Scheduling events in 16 room conference center. Pulling daily plans for setup staff to use when setting up room arrangements.

EMS Software review by User in Legal Services
User in Legal Services

"Makes scheduling meetings simple"

What do you like best?

Great for scheduling and organizing a large group of people.

What do you dislike?

The booking screen does not refresh automatically.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great customization features based on your companies needs.

Scheduling and organizing has become much smoother.

EMS Software review by Katie H.
Katie H.

"EMS is a helpful tool to know what is going on around our campus."

What do you like best?

I like that it enables me to see what is going on around our campus and I can see which events require my departments support and which do not.

What do you dislike?

Most of the things that I've had trouble with so far have been user error. One thing is I'd love to be able to integrate only certain rooms to my calendar.

It is helping my department to see what is going on around our campus. Instead of being caught off guard for an event, we are prepared for it.

EMS Software review by Nathan E.
Nathan E.

"I use it to book and manage our department schedule. "

What do you like best?

It allows me to see everything that is not just related to my department.

What do you dislike?

I think I have not had enough training to actually use it correctly.

It allows us to plan better for what we are doing and be prepared long before the actual event.

EMS Software review by User in Hospitality
User in Hospitality

"EMS Software Review"

What do you like best?

Overall functionality is pretty user friendly and straightforward.

What do you dislike?

The view is outdated. Help options are not very helpful. Lacking some key integration including CRM for the sales side of the business.

Linking our sales/CRM with operations.

EMS Software review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Best Management System I've used yet."

What do you like best?

I like the ease of creating customizable reporting for metrics.

What do you dislike?

I wish it worked more interactively with other applications, like SharePoint.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's the best Event Management Software I've encountered in 10+ years in Meetings & Events.

Communicating instantaneously with coworkers via the new Managed Services tab has really improved efficiency of our team.

EMS Software review by Administrator in Events Services
Administrator in Events Services

"Excellent software for our Firm"

What do you like best?

Product is customizable, flexible and robust functionality. Support from DEA is excellent.

What do you dislike?

Two platforms for virtual and client operations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an excellent product for law firms and I have made a number of recommendations to colleagues.

Firmwide use of the software

Increased efficiency of operation and service delivery

Better analytics

EMS Software review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Great, with minor flaws"

What do you like best?

This software allows for a lot of customization

What do you dislike?

Still a little inflexible; some fields are not customizable

Much better reservation system; provides lots of data for reporting

EMS Software review by Administrator in Law Practice
Administrator in Law Practice

"EMS is very user friendly"

What do you like best?

Book functionality

Reporting

History

User friendliness

What do you dislike?

Odd bugs (copying and pasting, not being able to book from the book sometimes).

Managing conference center space. EMS has allowed us to optimize the use of our space for the use of our attorneys and clients.

Learning about EMS Software?

* We monitor all EMS Software reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.