ENPS

4.0

AP ENPS Anywhere is enhanced with the worlds best mobile functionality.

Work for ENPS?

Learning about ENPS?

Compare ENPS to Similar Solutions

ENPS Reviews

Ask ENPS a Question
Showing 21 ENPS reviews

"AP ENPS review"

What do you like best?

I really like how the AP ENPS is directly linked to video tape IDs. This makes it super easy to find older footage instead of having different files and having to look through folders of video. By simply looking into the archive folder you are able to access old video which is great. I also like how easy it is to add supers or CGs to the script. I have used other script softwares before and there are many steps to do such a simple task so I definitely like how much easier it is to do this task in AP ENPS.

What do you dislike?

AP ENPS is a bit more complicated than other scripting softwares I have used. There are many more options and things you can do with on it. Although this is a great problem to have (too many options), it can become difficult for a new user or beginner as they are trying to learn the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it's a great program!

The program is greatly beneficial to provide a way for a newsroom to produce a script for a news show. The reporters, anchors, producers, etc can all access the same scripts, communicate to each other and make changes all on one united platform. I think this is extremely beneficial and necessary.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ENPS
ENPS review by Joseph L.
Joseph L.

"A mediocre, slow product with little functionality, not enough integration, and horrible reliability"

What do you like best?

ENPS 7 does have a useful bar at the top of your screen that is separate from the application itself -- it alerts you to news wires and messages from fellow users. There is also some "social media" integration possible but it's not easily usable. It gets the job done, but much like Sears or carrying a briefcase, I'm surprised it's still a thing.

What do you dislike?

Where to begin. It's slow. It crashes if you have too many items open within the application (read: rundowns, the video playback player, schedules, etc.). It will not save your changes in a script. Far too often, the humans are working faster than the application can work (read: we will type in text in a column and "tab" away, but as soon as we type something in that column, the little 'spinning wheel' appears for about 4-5 seconds until ENPS decides, oh, yes, ok, I recognize this simple-simple thing you're doing, now carry on.) It's incredibly buggy. It will not open an item (read: calendar, planner, rundown) until it is done loading every single row in said item - and that can take 15+ seconds). The Enterprise section is just as cumbersome as we are not able to quickly connect to our cloud and fellow ENPS users in other cities nationwide. RAM/memory hog. Totally not recommended. ENPS 6 - despite being a dinosaur - was more stable and reliable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Abandon ship.

I manage and oversee two 30-minute daily newscasts produced within ENPS and also oversee our Planner/calendar within ENPS. We also are looking at video (Sony plug-in within ENPS), typing scripts, inserting graphics and lower-third name graphics all within tight time constraints.

What Digital Asset Management solution do you use?

ENPS review by Ashley S.
Ashley S.

"Easy to use in broadcast news"

What do you like best?

It is fairly easy to use and once you do use it many of the functions remain with you years later. For instance I first used this program in a college class. We didn't use it very much but we learned the basics of it. Years later when I entered the broadcast television industry it was almost like riding a bike when using the program. Over time I mastered the ins and outs of ENPS and find it really easy to train others on its usage. This is very important because in broadcast news time is tight and you have to be on your toes if anything happens.

What do you dislike?

It feels like the program dies more constantly than it should. It will work fine one minute, then suddenly freeze up when I am trying to do something and shut down. It does not have a recovery mode that I can tell so any work unsaved gets lost.

I also sometimes question its reliability when I am in the middle of a show. It lags behind when I am trying to keep up with my broadcast. Also sometimes the time remaining in show doesn't always match up with the actual time remaining in the show despite its clock being set correctly.

Our whole newscasts are based on and rely on this program. It is the heart and soul of our news station. ENPS has everything we need to do what we have to in order to broadcast to our state several times a day every day. And if breaking news happens, it is reliable enough that we are able to get news out there as fast as possible without problem.

"Essential News Product"

What do you like best?

Once familiar with the navigation, ENPS 8 is very user-friendly. Compared to previous versions, ENPS 8 moves as you would expect it to. The ability to drag and drop, personalize settings, and change the layout have made my day-to-day work very easy. I also love how the message and news wire bar stays at the top of the screen even when I am in other applications.

What do you dislike?

ENPS can be difficult to navigate when first using, because it is not quite like any other program.

We use ENPS to communicate internally and organize our show rundown. Without it, every day would be a disaster!

ENPS review by Mack R.
Mack R.

"I populate our assignment desk grid using ENPS."

What do you like best?

The best thing about ENPS is how streamlined it is. I am able to clearly differentiate between different fields such as the name of the assignment I'm working on, the type of segment it is, the location of the assignment, etc.

What do you dislike?

It could be a little more user friendly. It doesn't really adapt well to certain demands, and in some cases is stuck in its ways.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The thing with ENPS is it just takes time to get used to, like most other softwares, but even more so here. There are little nooks and crannys that people don't know about and it can make things harder.

I'm mainly making sure our assignment desk grid is neatly laid out for people to read and get a sense of the kind of stories we're working on daily.

ENPS review by G2 Crowd User in Broadcast Media
G2 Crowd User in Broadcast Media

"ENPS use"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use. Everyone at my station can have access at the same time... All working together on the same shows. It is definitely user friendly, there aren't many features that are hidden or hard to find.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how easy it is for someone else to kick you out of a script. It is so frustrating to be working on something and all of a sudden be kicked out. I understand this is necessary sometimes... But there needs to be a better way

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say definitely use this. It is very simple and easy to understand and teach to new employees

We don't use ENPS for problem solving, but for producing news shows on a daily basis. But there are a lot of benefits we use.. Especially the connection to the AP wires to find national news.

ENPS review by Kailey M.
Kailey M.

"ENPS Review"

What do you like best?

It’s helpful at work for writing scripts and stories and if links well to the newscast. You can update keys to your preferences and create your own settings within your profile which is nice.

What do you dislike?

There are certain products that work through ENPS and can slow it down. At times the program even crashes and you lose all your work. At those times if he program can be really frustrating.

We can all access scripts at our desks and through the mobile app which requires us to have less scripts and is nice.

User in Broadcast Media

"Very useful for newsrooms"

What do you like best?

ENPS is the industry standard, so anyone from any station can work with it. That also means you really need to have it and know how to use it if you're in local television news.

What do you dislike?

When producing shows, it's very easy to accidentally move a story up or down the rundown by accident.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to take advantage of any training offered when your newsroom upgrades versions.

It allows the entire newsroom to collaborate to put the show on efficiently.

ENPS review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Good enough"

What do you like best?

I like that the producer is able to indictate where, in the rundown, we are during the broadcast.

What do you dislike?

Controls and keys are nor specified. I've been taught by word of mouth and I'm pretty sure I don't know all the short cuts that you make our life easier.

Everyone can log into it but at the same time it's hard to edit when everyone is in it and we cant identify the computer that has it open

ENPS review by Shahla S.
Shahla S.

"AP for Journalist"

What do you like best?

Multimedia contents

Data gathering

Analysis

Digital publishing

What do you dislike?

Could be more user-friendly and would work better with mac system

I had issue dealing with connecting the whole system to one software, but with this software its more team oriented and organized

ENPS review by Derrick  S.
Derrick S.

"Gets the job done"

What do you like best?

ENPS is a reliable tool for on-air broadcast producing.

What do you dislike?

Ability to use ENPS on mobile devices is a bit clunky and cumbersome. In 2018 this should be a requirement.

Producing on air broadcasts with large teams.

ENPS review by User

"ENPS gets the job done"

What do you like best?

AP ENPS has everything you need to get your specific job done. It’s user friendly and easy to learn. The news organization I work for uses AP quite often so it’s nice to be using ENPS as well.

What do you dislike?

There are other news production softwares that have more features. ENPS has the basics but could offer more functions.

Working at a news radio station, ENPS gives us the capability to organize our news feed in a way the producers, reporters and on-air hosts can all be on the same page.

ENPS review by Kellie B.
Kellie B.

"ENPS Review"

What do you like best?

simple format for writing news for broadcast

What do you dislike?

issues have to refresh grid all the time

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good option

Putting on a newscast in a timely manner

"ENPS for producing"

What do you like best?

The ease in viewing layouts and AP story content

What do you dislike?

The search function. Would like to see more results at once.

Communication while in a show. The ability for multiple users to make changes in a script

ENPS review by Ethan A.
Ethan A.

"Former ESPN user"

What do you like best?

Free flow of communication simple and easy

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it's not intuitive. Backspace to enter things in can be annoying. Sometimes also looks archaic. Could be easier functionality for creating new projects

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nice organizaitonal product

Organization of rundowns for television production

ENPS review by G2 Crowd User in Broadcast Media
G2 Crowd User in Broadcast Media

"Use it every day at my job as a TV producer"

What do you like best?

I use ENPS version 7.4.9. I like it a lot better than the previous version. Searching the archives is simple, and utilizing wire services is integrated nicely.

What do you dislike?

Read rates are and VIZ graphics system integration fails a lot

Recommendations to others considering the product

na

It benefits any newsroom because of the simplistic nature allows you to make changes on the fly. It's also very self explanatory so training new users is fairly easy.

User in Broadcast Media

"Works Great for How We Use It"

What do you like best?

Ability to plot out the day ahead in stories and ability to integrate into other systems

What do you dislike?

only so many ways to customize / search doesn't give the precise results we look for

managing day to day newsroom coverage is more streamlined

ENPS review by User

"Simple and efficient, missing one feature"

What do you like best?

I like how clean it looks (especially compared to iNews). Makes it easier to navigate.

What do you dislike?

I wish it would time the show (like iNews) instead of make you do the math.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know how to backtime your show

It's 100% necessary to have your rundown in this kind of software. It'd be nearly impossible to use something like Excel. Which some tiny newsrooms use.

"ENPS daily user"

What do you like best?

It is user friendly and I'm able to pull up a saved run-down and anyone in the newsroom with the proper access can add and edit.... makes a nice flow.

What do you dislike?

I wish the Lowers were shortened and the timecodes were closer to the left.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn the commands first because it saves you a lot of time.

It is used in a newsroom.

User in Broadcast Media

"ENPS is efficient, organized and productive"

What do you like best?

I like how it's clear and easy to use with intelligent design and conceptual basis.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that sometimes it is tough to move slugs around and edit things.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would absolutely use it again and miss it now using Dalet. It's efficient and it makes sense.

I really like how clear cut and organized it can be and dragging MOS commands is effective.

ENPS review by User

"User-friendly application that is mostly intuitive"

What do you like best?

I like the organization of the story columns and how easy it is to access each story. The blocks are very easy to maneuver.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how easy it is to accidentally delete content when multiple people try to open a story.

TV News -- It has made story organization much easier.

Learning about ENPS?

* We monitor all ENPS reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare ENPS to Similar Solutions