ENPS

AP ENPS Anywhere is enhanced with the worlds best mobile functionality.

Work for ENPS?

Ask ENPS a Question
Showing 16 ENPS reviews
ENPS review by <span>Joseph L.</span>
Joseph L.

A mediocre, slow product with little functionality, not enough integration, and horrible reliability

What do you like best?

ENPS 7 does have a useful bar at the top of your screen that is separate from the application itself -- it alerts you to news wires and messages from fellow users. There is also some "social media" integration possible but it's not easily usable. It gets the job done, but much like Sears or carrying a briefcase, I'm surprised it's still a thing.

What do you dislike?

Where to begin. It's slow. It crashes if you have too many items open within the application (read: rundowns, the video playback player, schedules, etc.). It will not save your changes in a script. Far too often, the humans are working faster than the application can work (read: we will type in text in a column and "tab" away, but as soon as we type something in that column, the little 'spinning wheel' appears for about 4-5 seconds until ENPS decides, oh, yes, ok, I recognize this simple-simple thing you're doing, now carry on.) It's incredibly buggy. It will not open an item (read: calendar, planner, rundown) until it is done loading every single row in said item - and that can take 15+ seconds). The Enterprise section is just as cumbersome as we are not able to quickly connect to our cloud and fellow ENPS users in other cities nationwide. RAM/memory hog. Totally not recommended. ENPS 6 - despite being a dinosaur - was more stable and reliable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Abandon ship.

I manage and oversee two 30-minute daily newscasts produced within ENPS and also oversee our Planner/calendar within ENPS. We also are looking at video (Sony plug-in within ENPS), typing scripts, inserting graphics and lower-third name graphics all within tight time constraints.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ENPS
ENPS review by <span>Ashley S.</span>
Ashley S.

Easy to use in broadcast news

What do you like best?

It is fairly easy to use and once you do use it many of the functions remain with you years later. For instance I first used this program in a college class. We didn't use it very much but we learned the basics of it. Years later when I entered the broadcast television industry it was almost like riding a bike when using the program. Over time I mastered the ins and outs of ENPS and find it really easy to train others on its usage. This is very important because in broadcast news time is tight and you have to be on your toes if anything happens.

What do you dislike?

It feels like the program dies more constantly than it should. It will work fine one minute, then suddenly freeze up when I am trying to do something and shut down. It does not have a recovery mode that I can tell so any work unsaved gets lost.

I also sometimes question its reliability when I am in the middle of a show. It lags behind when I am trying to keep up with my broadcast. Also sometimes the time remaining in show doesn't always match up with the actual time remaining in the show despite its clock being set correctly.

Our whole newscasts are based on and rely on this program. It is the heart and soul of our news station. ENPS has everything we need to do what we have to in order to broadcast to our state several times a day every day. And if breaking news happens, it is reliable enough that we are able to get news out there as fast as possible without problem.

What Digital Asset Management solution do you use?

ENPS review by User

Essential News Product

What do you like best?

Once familiar with the navigation, ENPS 8 is very user-friendly. Compared to previous versions, ENPS 8 moves as you would expect it to. The ability to drag and drop, personalize settings, and change the layout have made my day-to-day work very easy. I also love how the message and news wire bar stays at the top of the screen even when I am in other applications.

What do you dislike?

ENPS can be difficult to navigate when first using, because it is not quite like any other program.

We use ENPS to communicate internally and organize our show rundown. Without it, every day would be a disaster!

ENPS review by <span>Mack R.</span>
Mack R.

I populate our assignment desk grid using ENPS.

What do you like best?

The best thing about ENPS is how streamlined it is. I am able to clearly differentiate between different fields such as the name of the assignment I'm working on, the type of segment it is, the location of the assignment, etc.

What do you dislike?

It could be a little more user friendly. It doesn't really adapt well to certain demands, and in some cases is stuck in its ways.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The thing with ENPS is it just takes time to get used to, like most other softwares, but even more so here. There are little nooks and crannys that people don't know about and it can make things harder.

I'm mainly making sure our assignment desk grid is neatly laid out for people to read and get a sense of the kind of stories we're working on daily.

ENPS review by G2 Crowd User in Broadcast Media
G2 Crowd User in Broadcast Media

ENPS use

What do you like best?

It's easy to use. Everyone at my station can have access at the same time... All working together on the same shows. It is definitely user friendly, there aren't many features that are hidden or hard to find.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how easy it is for someone else to kick you out of a script. It is so frustrating to be working on something and all of a sudden be kicked out. I understand this is necessary sometimes... But there needs to be a better way

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say definitely use this. It is very simple and easy to understand and teach to new employees

We don't use ENPS for problem solving, but for producing news shows on a daily basis. But there are a lot of benefits we use.. Especially the connection to the AP wires to find national news.

ENPS review by <span>Kailey M.</span>
Kailey M.

ENPS Review

What do you like best?

It’s helpful at work for writing scripts and stories and if links well to the newscast. You can update keys to your preferences and create your own settings within your profile which is nice.

What do you dislike?

There are certain products that work through ENPS and can slow it down. At times the program even crashes and you lose all your work. At those times if he program can be really frustrating.

We can all access scripts at our desks and through the mobile app which requires us to have less scripts and is nice.

Learning about ENPS?

* We monitor all ENPS reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare ENPS to Similar Solutions