Envato Studio

Envato Studio is a community of hand-picked designers, developers and digital talent, available to work on a variety of projects.

Work for Envato Studio?
Skyword review  2x

Learning about Envato Studio?

Compare Envato Studio to Similar Solutions

Envato Studio Reviews

Showing 13 Envato Studio reviews
Envato Studio review by <span>Aaron B.</span>
Aaron B.

Great source for your next media project

What do you like best?

The selection of audio and sound options seem almost limitless. All are well categorized and logically/easily searched. Pricing is also very competitive and varies according to intended useage.

What do you dislike?

Even with fast, reliable internet, slowdowns and glitches are not uncommon when searching demos. Can sometimes be frustrating. It is also difficult to gage the quality of the artists other than by the number of jobs they’ve completed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very flexible payment options for those on a budget. Buy only what you need or subscribe if you are an ongoing user.

Having more specific goals for your project in mind before you begin a search for the right audio is very helpful. Being able to communicate it effectively, even more so.

I was able to create far more professional promotional videos using high quality background music and sounds I discovered with the artists from Envato. Audience engagement was much improved.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Envato Studio
Envato Studio review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

BUYER BEWARE! Installation of WordPress Themes really means a shoddy Import according to Envato.

What do you like best?

NOTHING!!! Evanto officers have the unfettered discretion to settle disputes based on their Terms of Use page. In my experience and opinion, Evanto will rule in favor of their retained "expert" installers who are lazy and irresponsible. PLEASE contact my organization, Ameriscribe Braille Services, at 219-380-6836, BEFORE you purchase one of their "expert" installation services for your WordPress Theme. I recommend steering clear of Evanto's so-called "Expert Installation" services as they frequently sub-contract this work to people in India whom you can not hold accountable. In our experience with one of their "expert" installations, the so-called professional installer rendered the site's menu useless after installing our organizational logo. When we refused to pay $50.00 for the shoddy "installation," Evanto's Alex McKenna praised the expert, ruled that "[Evanto does not] guarantee that your website will look or function exactly the same as the theme's Live Preview once the installation is complete[,]" and proclaimed that although we are paying for an installation of the Theme, in reality we are only getting "an import" of the Theme. When Alex McKenna passed his arbitray judgement against our organization regarding the useless navigation bar, he in effect forced us to hire a TRUE expert to install our WordPress Theme - thereby paying MORE money out of pocket. To bolster his claim, Alex pointed us to his company's FAQ page and reminded us "we're not able to guarantee that your website will look or function exactly the same as the theme's Live Preview once the installation is complete. Your service provider is only able to IMPORT the demo content provided by the theme's author." So NEVER assume that because you will be paying for "Installation" you will get a working installation. What you WILL get is what their so-called expert is willing and able to do. Nothing more. When we refused to pay, the so-called expert, filed an electronic dispute with Envato Studio so that Envato would release the $50.00.

What do you dislike?

Evanto officers have the unfettered discretion to settle disputes based on their Terms of Use page. In my experience and opinion, Evanto will rule in favor of their retained "expert" installers who are lazy and irresponsible. PLEASE contact my organization, Ameriscribe Braille Servcies, at 219-380-6836 BEFORE you purchase one of their "expert" installation services for your WordPress Theme. I recommend steering clear of Evanto's so-called "Expert Installation" services as they frequently sub-contract this work to people in India whom you can not hold accountable. In our experience with one of their "expert" installations, the so-called professional installer rendered the site's menu useless after installing our organizational logo. When we refused to pay $50.00 for the shoddy "installation," Evanto's Alex McKenna praised the expert, ruled that "[Evanto does not] guarantee that your website will look or function exactly the same as the theme's Live Preview once the installation is complete[,]" and proclaimed that although we are paying for an installation of the Theme, in reality we are only getting "an import" of the Theme. When Alex McKenna passed his arbitray judgement against our organization regarding the useless navigation bar, he in effect forced us to hire a TRUE expert to install our WordPress Theme - thereby paying MORE money out of pocket. To bolster his claim, Alex pointed us to his company's FAQ page and reminded us "we're not able to guarantee that your website will look or function exactly the same as the theme's Live Preview once the installation is complete. Your service provider is only able to IMPORT the demo content provided by the theme's author." So NEVER assume that because you will be paying for "Installation" you will get a working installation. What you WILL get is what their so-called expert is willing and able to do. Nothing more. When we refused to pay, the so-called expert, filed an electronic dispute with Envato Studio so that Envato would release the $50.00.

BUYER BEWARE!

Recommendations to others considering the product

BUYER BEWARE! We recommend you avoid at ALL costs any and all so-called expert installations of WordPress Themes contracted through Envato. Envato retains foreign "experts" (such as in India) and will retain unmitigated authority to resolve disputes with no basis in reality or fact, regardless of the circumstances! BUYER BEWARE! In my organization's experience, Envato Studio will FORCE you to pay their so-called experts for shoddy installations. We were compelled by Envato's Alex McKenna to do just that although the Indian "expert" had incorrectly installed our WordPress Theme resulting in loss of use of the navigation bar. In addition, you will not have a right to inspect the installation to ensure everything works properly. Envato requires that the so-called experts only "import" the Theme--working, not-working, or in between. Our organization has retained all emails and records related to this service and will gladly share these documents with anyone upon request.

Nothing. Envato is not, in our organzation's opinion, in the business to fairly resolve our business problems. Instead, it appears as though they are in the business of simply making a dollar.

What Freelance Platforms solution do you use?

Envato Studio review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

member of Envato almost 7 years !

What do you like best?

So many great developers, great artists, tons to choose from, great customer service and support.

I've had issues with themes before and they've helped either fix the problem or I've actually gotten a refund because one of the developers updates had a huge bug they could not fix in a timely manner. I thought that was really huge of them !!

What do you dislike?

Id like to see more american artists and developers, Id also like to see a lot more WP themes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The newest thing from Envato is a tutorial platform, where developers, designers, artists become the teacher. Its AWESOME!

Being able to purchase a really great theme, or plug in and not have to spend hours coding is a HUGE plus.

Envato Studio review by <span>Yuliya R.</span>
Yuliya R.

So many custom options

What do you like best?

Envato market came to me when I was searching for a way to change the look of my website without having to pay a web designer an arm and a leg. I am tech savvy enough to use wordpress on the back end of my hosting provider and be able to dabble in the file manager and c panel to incorporate a theme from envato. Setup is a breeze - all it takes is one zip file to extract. Incredible amount of choices and variety to choose from with excellent rating system to help you pick. The best part is one theme costs around $40-50 which means you can chance the look of your site and keep it fresh for your customers every 6-12 months.

What do you dislike?

It would be very helpful if support for each individual theme was life long as opposed to only a few months. Given that a lot of vendors continuously develop their set of themes, having support for only 6 months really hinders the ability to continue improving your site.

My website is stunning and I get compliments on it all the time all thanks to Envato Studio. It is mobile-friendly which is a huge bonus considering most of my customers browse and shop online.

Envato Studio review by <span>Michael A.</span>
Michael A.

A one stop design shop!

What do you like best?

I love all the quality options ... sometimes you just need a great, unique piece of artwork to complete a project and your client doesn't have the budget for something completely custom (or there isn't the time). Well the Envato Studio/Marketplace is a great place to browse through and buy something that is really great quality or hire a designer that can complete your vision.

I love that each of the marketplaces give you multiple different categories to search around in and break it down in a way that makes sense (at least to me). I can easily search and find and even filter different types of files that I'm looking for.

Other times, a client will want something that I just don't have (i.e. plug-in, video background, audio blah blah blah) ... I'll send them to the envato studio/marketplace to browse through stuff they like, and then when we settle on something BUY HIRE BUY!

What do you dislike?

Because there is a vast number of designers on the Envato Studio marketplace the support can be hit or miss. Sometimes, I've had great support when needing to know a particular piece to customize a wordpress theme for a client ... but then other times it takes weeks to get any sort of response from anyone and even then their responses can be things like "Need more info" and then you send it and it takes another week to get a response.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are a lot of places for freelance work ... so take your time and find a designer that is a good fit for you. You must be able to communicate ideas and collaborate. I always say that designers have to be part mind readers because it's our job to figure out what's in your head and how to make that a tangible reality.

Not only do I have a portfolio of a few of my designs on sale in the envato marketplace, I'm on the studio for hire for additional freelance work, and I send my clients there when they are looking for ideas for design type projects.

Envato Studio review by Executive Sponsor in Higher Education
Executive Sponsor in Higher Education

NO GO - ENVATO

What do you like best?

"No Go - Envato" I purchased software that does not work. No customer support. More specifically, I requested help and then a refund due to a lack of product support. All I received was 1 canned (e.g. cut/paste) response in 9 days. No other response. Nada.

I have a Ph.D. in Computer Science and a post-doc in Cyber Security, so I know how to use and even write software, so please don't insult me with a canned message that infers that the installation is my issue. I'm receiving a PHP error that indicates a data exception on installation. Bad coding.

So, don't spend a cent here. It's "NO GO - ENVATO" BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!!!!

What do you dislike?

Quality of software is exceptionally poor, which matches the abysmal customer support

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider other products

Data exceptions on software load. Poor software development.

Learning about Envato Studio?

* We monitor all Envato Studio reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Envato Studio to Similar Solutions