Epicflow

Analytical SaaS platform for dynamic multi-project environment.

Work for Epicflow?

Showing 11 Epicflow reviews
Epicflow review by <span>Scott M.</span>
Scott M.

Epicflow Key to Improved Sales Cycle Management

What do you like best?

Truly unifies the efforts of our sales and implementation teams to ensure our prospects' solution evaluations are executed in the least amount of time, decisions are fully informed, and the implementation phase is expeditiously started and successfully concluded... on time and under budget.

What do you dislike?

I have no issues with the way Epicflow addresses our project dynamics. In fact, Epicflow; software AND support, has been exemplary.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not hesitate, get started with Epicflow as soon as you can!

Our primary use of Epicflow has been to create an efficient, integrated Sales & Implementation process of production scheduling solutions in complex manufacturing environments. Epicflow provides enterprise-wide visibility to the status of all sales cycles, enabling the consulting team to conduct more effective capacity planning. As a result, we have been able to create greater structure and discipline regarding our sales cycle management efforts, which has led to more predictable revenue generation and a smoother transition from sales close to implementation start.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Epicflow
Epicflow review by <span>Andrey S.</span>
Andrey S.

Much better resource allocation in a software development outsourcing company

What do you like best?

I worked as a Project Manager at a software development outsourcing company and we used Epicflow as an add-on to Jira. It’s a good add value tool to use when you have several projects with task dependencies in parallel. It simplifies work routine a lot. I can track my team’s progress and spot resource constraints to avoid possible project delays. The tool automatically defines optimal priorities and my employees understand what task to do next.

The next thing I like, is improved visibility I get with Epicflow. I can see the progress of my multiple projects in the pipeline. If I have a client who has an additional Jira instance, I can easily connect it to the existing Epicflow environment

If a new project comes in, the future load graph lets me predict whether I can optimize developers to start working on one more project.

No need to refill and organize data from scratch. The software has flexible mapping of the fields in Jira in the fields of Epicflow.

What do you dislike?

To get the real value, Epicflow requires my project information to start working, like tasks and their dependency network, a rough estimate of each task, a resource group assigned to complete the milestone, and project and milestone deadlines. The input data must be compatible with the Epicflow system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The tool can be really useful if you run many projects with shared resources. It copes with every problem indicated on their main page and answers who’s doing what in comparison with the plan. I’d recommend this application to people who fail to prioritize.

Epicflow helps me deliver fixed-price projects on time. It’s important for us that projects are finished according to the plan and we can guarantee a real time commitment to our clients. Once I started using this tool for running multiple software projects, I got a much better overview of my projects.

What Project Management solution do you use?

Epicflow review by <span>Michael B.</span>
Michael B.

Resource management Jira plugin with a workload overview

What do you like best?

As a project manager in a software outsourcing company I’m responsible for resource scheduling in several ongoing projects. I have a shared pool of software developers and Epicflow helps me to see which projects are assigned to which team members and which team members still have time to help.

What do you dislike?

It’s a kind of new project planning mindset, but it’s worth the investment of our efforts.

For your people working on multiple projects at the same time, the software gives clear task priorities across all projects, which increase speed significantly.

If something unexpected comes up I can create what-if scenarios and check how additional programmer or QA can help me fix it and deliver projects on time. It needs less calculations on a go to adjust your schedule.

Epicflow review by <span>Ralph D.</span>
Ralph D.

Jira resource planning add-on for high complexity projects

What do you like best?

People have been looking for so long to get a consolidated overview of their projects in Jira.

Thanks to Epicflow you can see who’s doing what and check where they stand in comparison to where they should be. Epicflow retrieves data from Jira to show all tasks under one roof and better handle them

What do you dislike?

It takes a few days to organize the Jira environment to proceed with Epicflow. Epicflow resources can help to understand how it should be organized in a correct way to get the value and minimize risks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Epicflow has interviewed over 4000 companies as they developed the Epicflow product to understand real-world issues with PPM. The founders understand Critical Chain Project Management(CCPM) and have focused Epicflow where CCPM has difficulties--unstable constraint in multi-projects/shared resources environments. If you are looking for an innovative approach to solving the ever-changing priorities and constraints in project management, invest an hour to understand how Epicflow can shorten lead-times and improve on-time deliveries in your environment.

There are many good Project & Portfolio Management tools, which help with strategic project prioritization.

But significant issues start at a tactical level of managing multiple projects simultaneously. Epicflow focuses on the employee level and solves the problem of multi-teaming.

With Epicflow you can resolve resource allocation conflicts, achieve the desired task flow and have less stress in your teams. This also leads to shorter lead times since you have visibility of who may need help with a task when team members finish their task early. and have the right skills.

Epicflow review by <span>Jan Mark M.</span>
Jan Mark M.

Improved resource scheduling and task prioritization for maritime electrical installations

What do you like best?

I’m a project manager at a company that specializes in the electrical installation in the super yacht building. My projects are complex in a sense that we have a lot of repetitive actions on different systems with small adjustments, each estimated in 100,000 hours. It’s very important to get early warnings to increase capacity and to set the right priorities.

What do you dislike?

The total overview in such a complex environment like mine is still not good enough. I forwarded my feedback to the Epicflow development team, so they can plan to deliver better multi-project overview.

Epicflow gives you much better prioritization and shows which steps need to be taken to fulfill the projects.

Epicflow review by <span>Olga H.</span>
Olga H.

Real-time overview of all projects sorted by priority

What do you like best?

I like that Epicflow gives me a good overview of my teams’ progress. It’s much easier to connect cross-functional teams and stay aligned. I’m in control now.

What do you dislike?

You need to estimate every task and put dependencies.

Everybody must change statuses immediately to keep it updated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Truly recommended to use in order to get the Real-time overview of all your projects sorted by priority.

If you have many project initiatives run in parallel this might save you from overhead.

Epicflow integrates with our Jira. So we’re using Jira as always, and can keep everything on track in Epicflow.

Learning about Epicflow?

* We monitor all Epicflow reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.