ESET Endpoint Security

ESET Endpoint Security

Equipped with proactive malware defense and engineered to be light on your systems, endpoint security gives you the protection you need with fewer interruptions and false positives.

Work for ESET Endpoint Security?

Learning about ESET?

ESET Endpoint Security Reviews

Ask ESET a Question
ESET review by Christopher C.
Christopher C.

"Comprehensive Security Solution that doesn't run heavy on your PC/Network."

What do you like best?

ESET Delivers several options/flavors for an end users security needs for their PC's and networks. The things I enjoy most about their products is how light they run on my clients systems and how easily they are to manage and configure. Most importantly, they update their products and definition files rapidly to ensure the end users have the most up to date protection as possible.

What do you dislike?

I can't really say there's anything that I dislike about their product other than I wish their price points were a little more competitive to other commonly used security suites.

Recommendations to others considering the product

All I can really say is that ESET has definitely won me over with their product so far. I honestly can't say anything about their "support" yet because I haven't really had a need to call for support, I look at that as a very good thing though.

I mostly have ESET ES in place for virus and network security. I do have a few clients that enjoy the banking protection as well.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ESET Endpoint Security
Showing 217 ESET reviews
ESET review by David A.
David A.

"Simply the best"

What do you like best?

I first came across ESET antivirus when battling a network infection. It was the ONLY one out of 11 that I tried that could identify and neutralize the infection. Since then, I have discovered so many other useful features. Aside from protecting my corporate network (everything from antivirus, ARP and other intrusion attacks, email and preventing drive-by website downloads) I use it at home where the implementation of a seperate, secure bank connection interface protects my financial transactions.

What do you dislike?

IF I have a dislike, it might be how many flags I get regarding network issues (especially ARP related warnings when other workstations are scanning), but the controls are there to prevent them. Casual users might have issues with that level of complexity and it might be nice if there were some pre-set configurations for a few different user types, but whenever I have called for tech assistance, the response has been immediate and always at my level of expertise.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If in doubt, try it free!

I have one user (business owner "I know what I'm doing") who is constantly going where even I fear to tread on the internet. As the source of the infection that led me to discovering ESET, she has been successfully isolated from the corporate network whenever she has manages to download yet another piece of active malware and successfully cured.

ESET review by Jose L.
Jose L.

"Mantente seguro con eset endpoint security "

What do you like best?

Consume pocos recursos ejecutándose en segundo plano, al iniciar con windows no presente ningún tipo de lentitud, fácil de instalar y de usar.

La base de datos siempre se mantiene actualizada. Mantiene limpios y seguros los dispositivos de mi empresa.

What do you dislike?

Bloquea muchos archivos que no son maliciosos y te desaparece los instaladores de los archivos que detecta como malicioso, se debe ingresar a la configuración para crear excepciones y no te elimine los ejecutables.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consideralo una buena opción como antivirus. La verdad es que es muy útil y sencillo de usar.

Anteriormente los usuarios introducían memorias USB a los dispositivos de escritorio si saber que las mismas estaban infectadas, esto quitaba tiempo y esfuerzo al equipo de IT para detectar el problema y en muchos de los casos volver a reinstalar el sistema operativo al equipo, con Eset endpoint security esto quedo atrás ya que al insertar un disco duro portátil o memoria USB a cualquier equipo de la empresa que tiene instalado este antivirus automaticamente el mismo ejecuta un analisis evitando así que entren cualquier archivos malicioso.

Actualmente tenemos instalado eset endpoint security en los servidores locales de nuestra empresa.

What Antivirus solution do you use?

ESET review by Maddison M K.
Maddison M K.

"Eset Endpoint - Complete Protection"

What do you like best?

Eset Endpoint Security, provides complete protection for all computers where it has been installed, protects and performs a deep scan of computer threats, creates an optimal security shield for threats coming from the web, giving constant alerts of dangerous sites or Not recommended that can affect the security of any company, creates a protection shield type firewall, for local network connections, protecting both outgoing communication, as the incoming network, in an optimal and accurate.

What do you dislike?

sometimes it blocks some files that are not any type of threats, but this detects them as something suspicious and must be created exceptions in the configuration of the antivirus protection, to avoid that some files are not deleted automatically.

The security of the desktops of our company has the best security, which can be found, ESET is a brand recognized worldwide, for providing the best protection against all types of threats that can affect the safety of people or companies, With Es et in our help desk team, we find the best tool to provide security to all our teams for which we are responsible.

ESET review by Jorge R.
Jorge R.

"Performs its functions without exhausting system resources"

What do you like best?

Eset endpoint security is a good antivirus that consumes few system resources and is updated daily. In addition to antivirus protection it has firewall protection and makes notifications if the operating system needs to be updated to mitigate any vulnerability. Performs scans to the equipment and external devices just by inserting them, such as USB memories, external hard drives, mobile phones, etc. It allows document protection and device control. And if you are in a presentation, you can pause to not exhaust system resources.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it does not check when connecting external devices and it must be done manually which can lead to a security breach while the analysis of the device is complete

Recommendations to others considering the product

When you are going to introduce an external device, choose to examine it manually before using it, just to be sure that there are no risks.

It was necessary to have protection against viruses and malware and in that ESET has helped us, as well as having a good firewall for each PC.

ESET review by Robert B.
Robert B.

"Great Endpoint Security App"

What do you like best?

Light on system resources yet intelligent and powerful. It doesn't interfere with any daily user - running discreetly in the background and doesn't present itself as nanny-ware. The only time it's prompted my users was when there was actually an issue.

What do you dislike?

Having to use a re-seller for larger license purchases and renewals. I'd prefer to work directly with ESET rather than a 3rd party as when I have questions about other products etc - they often have to reach out to ESET directly to get the answers that I feel the re-seller should have knowledge on. My only other issue is with ESET separating products into tiers such as SMB, Large Biz, and enterprise. We're technically a SMB but we deal with Enterprise level controls and security - the product offering should be the same.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While not as prominent as some of the larger market share programs - ESET is ahead of them when it comes to actual protection. It doesn't interfere with the daily user yet was ahead of two major ransomware virus without even needing a patch.

We use it for laptop protection but the license also applies to other products in the same software suite from eset.

ESET review by Manuel M.
Manuel M.

"Low resources cosuming but some holes"

What do you like best?

Is a low resource consumer for laptops and PCs, mostly run on the back and you dont note it. It is simple, easy of use and provide a good security for the laptops, PC and mobile. The application update the viruses databse almost every day and provide multiple options to get a better web, mail, antispam, antiphising, adware protection, etc.

What do you dislike?

When I try to surf on the web, the application blocks most of the pop ups, viruses, windows, etc, but every day more pop ups, viruses and marketing can pass to the PC, the ESET program didnt block the new adware, spyware and malware.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Is a nice firewall and antivirus, consuming low resources, and blocking the most of the attacks.

Before ESET ES, we didnt have any protection to malware, spyware and adwar. ESET provide a efficient firewall and antivirus, it is not infallible, but its ok by now.

ESET review by Kathy D.
Kathy D.

"Long-time ESET user"

What do you like best?

ESET’s interface is easy to understand, manage, and navigate and also offers the same support to your mobile devise. Tools menu includes links to the connected home monitor, banking and payment protection, webcam protection, email and spam monitoring, malware/botnet protection, as well as an anti-theft feature if you want to track your device. Security settings for banking and online shopping protection, as well as home network security status of all the devices.

What do you dislike?

Con’s: Banking and payment security option sometimes makes it difficult to access your banking account without going through additional configurations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Any product you decide to use is beneficial. Eset is the best that I have found.

I have regular daily run-times that eradicates security issues immediately. Eset provides prompts for updates, out of date modules, and can monitor specific sites.

ESET review by John U.
John U.

"Fantastic Software- No Issues"

What do you like best?

Keeping my PC running clean and fast is important to me. I do photo/video work and having the potential of a malicious virus entering my computer just isn't an option. With ESET my computer has been kept clean and clear of malicious attacks. The program starts up quickly and works quietly in the background.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally, an ESET window will pop up telling me information about what my built-in camera on my laptop is being used for. This is both a comfort but also an annoyance at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a bit annoying that the app's notifications won't clear out unless you click on it and open the app.

The benefits are that my many Terabytes of data stay safe. I couldn't afford to lose any of it or have it held hostage.

ESET review by Troy D.
Troy D.

"I love the peace of mind"

What do you like best?

ESET is a comprehensive suite that protects my computer online and with email, as well as with programs and files. The customization possible can be very granular if you need it, or the program will learn for you.

What do you dislike?

The only negative issue I've encountered is that the banking protection is no longer automatic with the latest ESET update. Before, when ESET detected a banking or credit website, it would automatically launch a secure browser. Now it opens an ESET page with directions to open the ESET Banking Protection browser in your Tools menu.

Recommendations to others considering the product

See above complaint on automatically launching banking browser

Threat protection from malicious attachments in emails, unsafe website alerts, malware. I'm not an IT professional, and I'm happy that I don't have to think about it with ESET installed.

ESET review by SAQUIB A.
SAQUIB A.

"BEST PROTECTION WITH OPTIMUM RESOURCE NEEDED FOR RUNNING"

What do you like best?

Eset is the best ever protection for business as well as home user's. I am using Eset Antivirus at my home from past 5 years. When I first tried, I saw it was a very simple and performance optimised product.

Wonderful management for Eset endpoint security by Eset ERA appliance. Easy to setup and use.

The best part is endpoint licence can be used on any platform.

KB articles are very helpful and best.

What do you dislike?

There was nothing which I could day is bad or I disliked. But I would suggest making more improvements to settings option for some features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try Eset and you will definitely love it.

I suggested ESET Endpoint Security to one of our client. After I deployed Eset I huge amount of adware and malware detected and cleaned.

The best part was that it protected from filtered websites automatically adding advance level of protection.

Also, the system with low hardware configuration is running smooth and without any lag or unnecessary device utilisation.

ESET review by Crystal S.
Crystal S.

"Worry free computer security"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the continuous protection, automatic updates (one less thing I have to remember and saves time!), and comparably small size of this program in comparison to other options. The interface is amazingly simple and is what (in my opinion) all antivirus programs should strive to emulate. A simple graphic/logo on the main screen is combined with a status message that reaffirms you are protected and will (when applicable) give you any messages regarding status or potential issues. A second tab contains update and version information so you can see at a glance when it was done and that you have the most up to date info. A third tab contains your account and subscription information. All are easy to read with simple, clean layouts and no clutter.

What do you dislike?

In all honesty, there's really nothing to complain about. Sure there are occasional popups, but that's a given with any security software. While annoying I know they aren't going anywhere and therefore no point in getting my feathers ruffled.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Peace of mind, multi platform options available, and secure internet banking all at a very reasonable cost. Why haven't you switched already?

When combined with our other programs it provides complete peace of mind. I don't worry that someone is tunneling into my data or watching what I'm doing as I'm doing it, even though lots of that data is delicate or could be used against people.

ESET review by Jose O.
Jose O.

"My ESET Review my for BikeBandit."

What do you like best?

The best part of this is being able to access online because we had an old ERA 5.2 and we were not able to access online. Now I am to be at home monitor the PCs at home. This helps with managing time.

What do you dislike?

The old ERA 5.2 .26 had separation of the client PC, Threat log, Firewall log etc... This new version does it all together which I do not like. I guess I need to get used to it. Also installing the agent was not easy on most PCs.

Not much so far. It's fixed the normal issues from day to day. The benefit that I realized was being able to access the ERA online which helps out a lot.

ESET review by Mat A.
Mat A.

"ESET is the best, and we have tested this!"

What do you like best?

We like the intuitive UI and the superior functionality of ESET Endpoint Security. When compared to alternatives its obvious ESET clearly the best option.

What do you dislike?

The management using Connectwise Automate is lacking. It has been getting better but we are still having troubles with some deployment aspects, policy applications, and licensing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the best AV solution we have tested. We have been using it since 2008.

We use ESET Endpoint to secure all of our client machines as well as our own internally. We used to layer it with Malwarebytes but with the recent increases of functionality we have phased out MB and are relying solely on ESET and it has not let us down!

ESET review by Caroline Melissa J.
Caroline Melissa J.

"Very easy to use and manage"

What do you like best?

With Eset it is easy to manage all the clients of this software, through a single web console that functions as a central remote administrator. Its technical support works great, this being an important advantage because no matter how good a software is there will always be problems in it. Of course you can not stop by the incredible interface that has Eset Endpoint that provides a simple window and very easy to use when managing the software.

What do you dislike?

The cost of Eset EndPoint is still its most crucial point, its price is very high, which creates the question of how necessary is the software within the company before starting to use it, out of this I did not find problems related to this software .

Recommendations to others considering the product

Eset It has features that make it stand out from the rest of the programs of its class, however the price is high, if within the characteristics of your company you manage a good amount of money and it is of great need to keep you always protected against possible cyber threats this software is for you. In addition to its remote installation shows how fast and simple it is to use this software.

Its main function as that of any antivirus was fulfilled, which was to protect the hard drive and other portable or removable locations of all types of malwares. This meant that the software was used in almost all work units within the organization, serving our organization with endless positive results.

ESET review by Benjamin P.
Benjamin P.

"ESET and MacOS: An Excellent Pairing"

What do you like best?

ESET provides comprehensive, transparent protection for my MacOS devices without interfering with the efficiency of my operating system. It's easy to install, configure (default settings are great for just about everyone), and update, and ESET's customer communications, including a very detailed knowledge base online, make it clear I've chosen the right antivirus solution!

What do you dislike?

In the past, I've had intermittent issues with virus definition updates over the internet, but I haven't had such issues for some time now.

In our BYOB office environment, we need to make sure that everyone has sufficient antivirus protection on their machines, and ESET is, hands-down, the best solution for MacOS. I've tried them all and found none better!

ESET review by Duane B.
Duane B.

"Eset Is The Best"

What do you like best?

My favorite part of Eset security is it's small footprint. I'm currently not using the Endpoint version, but I have in the past and recommend it without question.

What do you dislike?

The ONLY thing I have issues with is the pricing. Even that isn't all that bad.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is great for anyone, large or small. It has helped us increase security and reduce malware. It is far less intrusive than almost any other product. It has a MUCH smaller footprint than any of the other products I've tried. I used to be a user of Norton and McAfee, and since I switched, I have been a very satisfied customer/user.

Security and antivirus are ALWAYS problems with small businesses. I have used ESET for over ten years, and I"ve NEVER had a problem with malware, viruses, ransomware or even phishing email scams. This software warns me every time. It even controls popup ads in our browsers. I'm currently only using the Antivirus, but have used Endpoint in the past.

ESET review by Aaron S.
Aaron S.

"Just set it and forget it!"

What do you like best?

It can be set up so that the users don't even know it's running. It will clean harmful files in the background without them having to make decisions on what to do. If you use the Remote Administrator, you can see in one spot all of the machines in the environment, any threats on those machines, version of the software, and the last time they checked in. Super handy to roll out new deployments as well as very easy to modify firewall rules for a group of people at a time.

What do you dislike?

On some of the locked down Windows 10 workstations, it can be hard to temporarily disable the client to see if the firewall or A/V is causing an issue with some other product. When whitelisting applications, it needs the full path of the application, which can be tricky to deal with if it was install into the users/appdata folder. It wasn't intuitive on how to get around this and we spent a lot of time reading the documentation to overcome it.

We needed an easy way to manage the A/V and firewall on a lot of remote laptops and internal machines and we did not want to have to go visit every machine to set it up, nor did we want to have to rely on end users to verify that the definitions are up to date. This saved us tons of time and money in management!

ESET review by Darrell P.
Darrell P.

"ESET catches the stuff others overlook"

What do you like best?

I like that ESET starts from a strong defensive posture, but allows me to make exceptions where needed. Other providers do not start as strong, which left me vulnerable to attacks I didn't see coming. The web interface is extremely user friendly and intuitive to use. The ability to custom build installation files is also a plus. Then downloading to a thumbdrive or other external device makes it easier to get keep the software up-to-date for our remote users.

What do you dislike?

Module updates are cumbersome, especially for laptops working remotely from my home domain. They are the machines most at risk in my organization, but the hardest ones to keep current. Also, the dependence on the DNS causes a lot of headaches. When the remote laptops come to our offices, they sometimes get a new IP from DHCP, which makes a new DNS entry. Then that machine shows up as a duplicate machine in ESET.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get your network configuration and DNS rules manageable before you implement. Otherwise you will end up, as I did, with many rougue machines in your list of machines.

ESET proactively scans webpages and emails, blocking first anything that looks harmful. Then notifies me, so I can take action to allow it if needed.

ESET review by Administrator

"ESET continues to be a solid and reliable product"

What do you like best?

Fast, robust and powerful. ESET continues to impress with its products. It installs and performs fast and helps the end user stay protected at all times. Its remote management helps to ensure that administrators can remotly resolve issues before they become part of a bigger problem.

What do you dislike?

The endpint software sometimes does not update its software versions automatically, but deifintitions keep stay current, which is good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would recommend giving their trial a run. ESET's definitions are always good in terms of getting exploits and other issues that may arise before they become a wider problem and their software is lightweight enough for any computer.

ESET helps us IT administrators by ensuring that our end users are always protected and have the ability to remotely solve issues. The benefits that ESET brings to our table helps us to minimize exploits and other security threats and also ensures that issues can be safely quarantined.

ESET review by Alan J.
Alan J.

"ESET Anti Virus solutions"

What do you like best?

Breadth of products offered. We use ESET for desktop and server protection. We also use the ESET Security Management Center, which replaced the previous ESET Remote Administration server and console. Definition updates are available daily and the auto update feature for clients is smooth. All the information available in the Security Management Center is helpful.

What do you dislike?

A few years back when the ERA console was changed to a Web-based interface I had some trouble adjusting. The new Security Management Center is another change to the interface. Again I had to adjust to the changes but I do like it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read the documentation. Understand the installation and implementation/configuration. There is a lot of depth to this product. The more you understand, the easier it is to use.

The central management of protection for our endpoints is probably my favorite part of the product. I receive an email when a potential threat is identified on an endpoint. The products are solid anti-virus solutions I believe and I can update/upgrade endpoints using the central management features.

ESET review by Samuel P.
Samuel P.

"Light on ressources but strong on security"

What do you like best?

The ease of install and the renew process, The price is good too for the protection you get. Honestly, I've been around for 10 years now and I saw a lot of Antivirus and I will recommend Eset in any of is version versus any other antivirus. Eset is light on ressources but strong on security. Like they said "try it is adopting it". Since I got in my actual job 7 years ago we recommend Eset endpoint security to all our client. The endpoint is easy to manage with the administrator console and the renew process is automatic the time the renew is process at Eset it's automatically updated in the antivirus software. Very simple and time saving.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how the licence are managed on the corp side I have gotten in a bad situation because the licences aren'y well managed at Eset there is a big mess with the licences of the client I managed and their informations for these licences. I tried to pass by my official provider to make contact with Eset with the association of the licences of our client and info to make order in our licence management and we don't have any response from Eset since 2 month. I think their system is not optimised for our environement,

Recommendations to others considering the product

Switch to Eset you'll won't regret!

We got less infected computer than before, so for an IT departement that managed over 600 endpoint, it's prettry good for our business.

ESET review by Raegan F.
Raegan F.

"Not Clunky, Easy to use, Fast"

What do you like best?

Eset will run in the background without bogging down your computer and slowing down operations

Its easy to use, sleek design makes it simple for even non-computer literate people.

I recommended this software to the company I work for and love it. They don't want constant popups and questions they have to answer or acknowledge, nor do I want to do that to 15 computers. We're a small business and I'm the IT department on top of Office Manager. I cant spend all day running to each computer to answer silly questions.

The price is reasonable and well within the industry standards for other comparable softwares.

What do you dislike?

Initial setup can be a bit of a pain. I had a few minor issues in setup but worked past them quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it. Its been a nice swap for us and we have great confidence in the company and its protection offered.

Security on several computers within our office. Its an easy to maintain security software for a small business. I can set it up and forget that it exists until a problem arises and we honestly havent had any issues.

ESET review by Jon Q.
Jon Q.

"Best Antivirus Software for Buissness"

What do you like best?

We have not had a virius since switching to ESet. The software works great and does not cause the computers to slow down. We have tried several other products but none of them work as well.

What do you dislike?

The Server Management system ERA is a bit difficult to work with and takes multiple steps to do some tasks. While the system keeps virus definitions up to date, it does not automatically update the client software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Works great. do it!

Our computers run better and we have not had any viruses. We have tested several other Virus software packages that are a bit cheaper and none of them compare to Eset.

ESET review by edward a.
edward a.

"ESET allows me to focus on everything else computer related"

What do you like best?

ESET does not overtax our systems; it was advertised as having a small "footprint" and it does. We have no worries at our work site (Municipal Wastewater Facility) about virus catching, and we do not observe our systems getting bogged down.

What do you dislike?

There really is nothing I do not like with ESET. We've been customers for several years, and the product worked so well and easily for us that I purchased licenses for home as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I do not feel you can go wrong with this product. I recommend to all home users as well as business users. I use it at home for my family.

We have not had any issues with virus, at all, while other departments have. Our site has been safe.

ESET review by Royce E.
Royce E.

"Incredible software - highly recommended for corporate environment"

What do you like best?

Since installing ESET on our company network, virus infections and malware have dropped to almost zero. ESET catches everything. Infected files in email, phishing, unsafe attachments and USB drive bypass attempts. Set it up, monitor it from the master console, and you're all set!

What do you dislike?

Nothing! ESET is the best antivirus our company has ever used. We switched to ESET almost five years ago and have never looked back.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Install the demo. Try the emergency recovery USB utility. The application is amazing.

When virus infections and email phishing are virtually eliminated, it gives the IT department a LOT of breathing room to focus on training, configurations and WAN security.

ESET review by Patrick M.
Patrick M.

"EXTREMELY satisfied"

What do you like best?

Installed without issues, runs better than ANY other AV I have EVER used, blocks the issues before the user can attempt to use the questionable files. Low system resources used. This is the way it is supposed to be!

What do you dislike?

Really....nothing I dislike about the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best on the market !!

I expect to get a good product when I buy it. I manage the I.T. side of a 17 site restaurant company and I rest easy knowing I have, what I truly believe to be, the BEST AV product out there. It blocks all the attempted hacking scripts sent in fictitious emails. What more can I say, it does everything it states it will do.

ESET review by Jean-Pascal B.
Jean-Pascal B.

"Nice and save security systeme"

What do you like best?

I like the company serial number for all of my team. We just have one activation for the team. It is easy to manage online. We never had any problem since 4 years of utilisation.

What do you dislike?

Went we renewed the license the delay was a little bit long to be activate on every exploitation systeme.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think that will be good to have a very simple application for the employe of the company went they are not the administrator of the license. That will say just your protection is on. That will be very simple.

Since we use Eset we don't have any problem with virus.

ESET review by Richard R.
Richard R.

"Safety Behind the Screen"

What do you like best?

ESET is there, hiding behind your screen, behind everything that you do and when you do something that endangers your computer's health and well being it is there to stop you. It sends you a polite but insistent warning saying don't go there, it will be bad for your health and well being. Feel safe because you have a cop inside, behind the screen.

What do you dislike?

Not much. I don't like to pay for it. It comes out from behind the screen annually and demands a minor ransom to continue its protection game.

It provides safety for our bank accounts and other financial records. It goes the extra mile when we need it. It always provides me with confidence that I am protected and safe no matter where I go on the internet. It will tell me if I take a bad turn.

ESET review by User in Hospitality
User in Hospitality

"ESET Endpoint Security review"

What do you like best?

Award-winning antivirus

Protects you when you're online

Life without ransomware

Keeps your data safe from hijacking

Easily manage your licenses

View and manage your ESET licenses online

Bank and shop online securely

Secures your financial transactions

Smart home devices protected

Checks your home router regularly

All passwords in one place

Generates and stores passwords

Built for speed, accurate detection and low system demands to keep you running smoothly

What do you dislike?

Block websites that I frequently visit making it necessary to disable protection. Could lead to unprotected transactions. Daily scanning a must. The program update procedure can be a bit difficult. It doesn't just auto upgrade major versions, you have to apply them a certain way if you want to manage them via the remote console. Not all the latest versions work with the remote management software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Five Star Security for PC or MAC

ESET is always at the forefront of cyber security making almost all transactions safe. Evaluates malware-related data. I am one of the million enthusiasts of ESET Endpoint Security.

ESET review by T. W. S.
T. W. S.

"By Far the Best Firewall, Anti-Virus, and Security for Business, Workstation, and Home End users"

What do you like best?

The best features are the customized settings that are available beginner and advanced users. It offers many factor tools that you can focus on for your specific Computer, Network, and personal preference.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about this product; in fact most ESET products are far superior to basically everything else.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have NEVER had a problem with deployment of any of ESETS products across multiple platforms and environments.

During scanning, I can still use most of my devices without degraded performance by the product and or the machine and network. Detection is fast, with on the fly changing of settings makes for a unique, professional, and satisfying experience.

ESET review by Mark A.
Mark A.

"Endpoint Antivirus works great, Management Console not so much"

What do you like best?

The Endpoint Antivirus is light weight, always works, has great features and hasn't ever caused conflicts that we have detected.

What do you dislike?

The management console and deployment tools contained therein are miserable. I can usually pick up a new piece of software like this and intuitively be running (maybe not perfectly) in 30-60 minutes. Not so with ESET. It is bulky, tries to add too many auxiliary features, and usually requires tech support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you get help installing the product if you can.

In conjunction with other security products we have remained virus, ransomware free for the past 7 years.

ESET review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Best Endpoint Antivirus solution around!"

What do you like best?

We are happy with the small footprint that this has on our systems. Low CPU/Memory etc

Remote administration tool also allows us to easily manage 6000 systems. In fact this is all done by a single person.

What do you dislike?

This product is perfect for what we do so I have not disklikes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With our previous software I was constantly plagued with it's various services taking up 70%+ of the CPU at various times on systems. In 10 years I have yet to have a single issue with ESET; it just works. We haven't had any outbreaks as ESET is very good at catching and notifying us of problems. If we need help with exemptions and exclusions ESET has worked with us and various vendors to come up with a solution. Best solution out there by far!

So easy that one person can manage this as an additional task and not have to have extra staff to manage.

ESET review by John P.
John P.

"Lightweight easy to use software"

What do you like best?

This software was chosen by our office to secure everyone's PCs and not one of us have had an issue with it. We have hundreds of emails with trojans sent to us each and everyday, and ESET has protected us from all of them.

What do you dislike?

Its pretty tough to come up with anything that we really dislike about ESET. I guess the only thing is the frequency of updates, but those are essential to keeping the user as safe as possible, and completely understand why they need to happen.`

The main issue that ESET has solved is the frequent phishing attempts, and viruses that are sent to us daily.

ESET review by John S.
John S.

"LONG term user. Eset is simply the best."

What do you like best?

Besides being extremely easy to set up and use, ESET gives me total peace of mind. I know I am being protected. I have used ESET since 2005. Ever since switching I have had ZERO let me repeat ZERO major issues. I am always given prompts on dangerous sites, warned on suspicious files, which I promptly scan and either confirm those concerns or are able to clear an unwanted viruses. I used to have regular issues... but not since I switched. Our entire office and every computer in the business uses ESET now too.

What do you dislike?

When new features come out I feel like the information on exactly how to best use the new features aren't explained simply enough. It often takes me months before I know how to use them if I activate them at all. Just because there isn't enough information given early enough upon the release of the new features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ESET Endpoint Security is the way to go, PERIOD!

Again. Peace of mind. I know our computers are safe. I also am able to curtail unwanted searches and viewing of inappropriate material in the office.

ESET review by jon q.
jon q.

"Satisfied"

What do you like best?

What I like about it is the fact that I can have this kind of security for my computer and I can walk away I don't have to worry about it I don't have to worry about going to websites that may cause serious damage to my computer I can allow this system to work for me without having to worry

What do you dislike?

There's nothing that I don't like about this it's a really great system and there's nothing that I really can say that about this it's easy to use it's a good interface I don't have to worry that's the greatest thing that I like about it but I don't like about it is not much nothing like I don't like about it

I'm not in a business I don't know really what to say here I'm just happy that ESET works for me and I don't have to worry about it that's the greatest thing I don't have to worry about it I left the system handle any kind of problems I run into and I don't worry about it and I would buy the product year after year after year

ESET review by Administrator in Government Administration
Administrator in Government Administration

"ESET Endpoint Security Review"

What do you like best?

ESET has a very small footprint on the local pc's. It does not impact system resources like other products that i have used in the past. It had excellent antivirus/firewall ability.

What do you dislike?

I like most things about this product. I wish the remote administrator had the ability to automatically deploy new versions as they come out. You have to manually set this task up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would strongly consider comparing ESET Endpoint Security against what you are currently using to see what additional benefits might be gained for you.

We have a need for network security and also protect our data. ESET Endpoint Protection has the ability to lock down devices. We lock down the use of USB drives to be sure that large amounts of data are not copied and taken off site. This is not always appreciated by the end users, but does help greatly with data security.

"Anti-Virus products"

What do you like best?

Low overhead, small app size does not slow down PC. has effective Av and malware protection

I have used this product for years at multiple business and never had a virus it did not catch.

What do you dislike?

Nothing Eset is a Great product.

I have had no issues with this product works as expected. has always detected and prevented viruses as expected. the only down side would be that I have had small issues where it detects a legitimate monitoring software product as a virus but issue was resolved by setting an exclusion for the product in question.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I prefer the Anti-Virus only product I do not use the full firewall product from Eset I use other products for Firewall and Malware etc.

Keep PC's virus free. Daily scans.

Search for PUPs and remove malware. block unwanted spam.

ESET review by Deborah M.
Deborah M.

"ESET is Great. "

What do you like best?

It provides the additional protection computers need from their users and provides the management you want for an IT professional. The installation was easy and keeps the computers clean. Update often to provide the best security. Good management console. We have 10 servers that run ESET and more than 70 employee computers. In the past, we used several antivirus and security solutions, however, without the ability to manage from a central location, it was difficult to expand our coverage.

What do you dislike?

The procedure for updating the program can be a bit difficult. Not only does it automatically update the main versions, you have to apply them in a certain way if you want to manage them through the remote console. Not all the latest versions work with remote administration software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is recommended when you have an organization with many computers connected to a network. Install the control panel on a server and you can control all security problems from that panel for all computers on the network, without having to approach each computer separately.

Once configured, it is very easy to manage and control clients. All the computers connected to the network have it installed, and we have had little or no problems with the viruses since then.

ESET review by Administrator

"Low Footprint Client AV With Central Admin"

What do you like best?

Eset Endpoint offers a client with one of the lowest footprints - resource wise - we have used. Most users do not even notice it is there. It is also relatively silent, which also helps keep it "out of the way" of our users. It also has a decent central administration tool.

What do you dislike?

The central admin application is a bit confusing, and there is a bit of a learning curve in setting up deployments and automatically pushing out configurations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Low cost, low footprint endpoint solution that compliments other security layers.

We are using it mainly for endpoint AV, we also started using it for File Server AV. We like the central management, with alerting that it provides. It has blocked items that have gotten through our other layers of security. Helps reduce endpoint downtime.

ESET review by Chris L.
Chris L.

"Best Anti-Virus I have used"

What do you like best?

Ease of maintaining the coverage, deploying to entire company with ease through Active Directory. Setting up Firewall policies and pushing out with no problems at all. The amazing tech support if there is a problem or I don't know how to complete something.

What do you dislike?

How they block every program in our network. Once setup with policies it is no more an issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do a trial and you will not be disappointed. It is predictive and not reactionary to problems and viruses. Will be ahead of you in all aspects.

Antivirus, Firewall. They are HIPAA compliant

ESET review by Diane J.
Diane J.

"Strong and complete protection, easy to use and administer."

What do you like best?

I like it to be easy to use. The centralized management console is very wide. The reports are easy to understand and the central console is very functional, I like that it adapts to different platforms and there are no problems, it works correctly. The activation of the licenses is very easy, everything is done online, it has a simple mode for most users and very advanced settings for advanced users. If used for business, you can control the configuration on all clients from a remote terminal, available on multiple platforms, Linux, Windows, Mac makes it easy to have a single window for most customers, and multiple configurations for small and medium businesses or individual or business users makes the sale very easy.

What do you dislike?

As with all anti-virus software, settings are important! If you go into the advanced settings and tell Eset to alert you at every possible instance, you'll end up with more nag windows than you want. Apply settings that are a good fit and you'll be happy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Complete protection, and ease of use. Customer support is there should you need them, and they know exactly what they are doing.

We have used ESET products for our company for 3 years. We stumbled when we upgraded to Windows 10, but ESET came out with a solution immediately. We have been very impressed by its functionality and ability to proactively manage protection.

ESET review by Anthony A.
Anthony A.

"Better than others I've used"

What do you like best?

I really like that there isn't any bloatware added on. I don't have to worry that the next update will install a useless component that doesn't add to my current coverage.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I don't like is an occasional issue with the Device control not being enabled. I have found that it usually means there are Windows updates that need to be applied, so it's not really a problem.

I find that the secure browser that comes with ESET Endpoint Security is the best tool for paying bills or buying products online.

ESET review by Jeff D.
Jeff D.

"Lightweight but effective"

What do you like best?

The best feature of ESET is that it is so lightweight! It's like I don't have anything running at all, but the effectiveness is amazing..

I do web development so I am all over the web all of the time .. and have not had an incident of any kind since I started using ESET

What do you dislike?

There's really nothing to dislike.. unless it was offered at a lower price!

Recommendations to others considering the product

buy it.. its the best..

I first learned of the product from one of the application leads working for IBM on the IBM virus scanning software!

just maintaining a secure environment

ESET review by Aaron S.
Aaron S.

"Great Company with a fantastic protection software"

What do you like best?

No viruses in any workstations in the field for 3 years in a row.

What do you dislike?

Absolutely nothing to dislike! This is the best AV solution we have used period!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy it you will not be disappointed. I talked my company into the switch and Eset has been making me look good ever since!

We are keeping our data safe with Eset. We had a few incedents with file encoders in the past using Bitdefender and others. Eset is the all in one protection solution we were looking for.

ESET review by Richard L.
Richard L.

"compact and effective"

What do you like best?

ESET does not take over my CPU and memory. It is very easy to see my protection status and conduct an adhoc scan if I choose to

What do you dislike?

I really don't dislike anything. Occasionally it flags a website as harmful and after I investigate, I usually find there is a good reason to block the site

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have never had a problem with ESET installation, operation or updates, Solid antivirus

Solving antivirus needs on my desktop and tablet. No malware, viruses or other intrusions since I installed ESET

ESET review by Administrator

"Fast, Low Overhead, Easy to Manage"

What do you like best?

No lag while running. Deployment was Easy. Management is simple with so many helpful details.

What do you dislike?

We have really not had any issues so far we have no dislike and we have been using the product for a year!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just buy it, it works great!

We get the computer protection we need at an affordable price and it just works. We were in the middle of a virus incident when we installed it. Our previous AV didn't catch it for 3 days, Eset caught it immediately on install! We love the wake on Lan and it helps us keep track of updates and the programs on the machines. The wake on Lan is great for working on a PC that someone has shutdown.

ESET review by Mary T.
Mary T.

"Best protection in the World"

What do you like best?

I've never had a virus attack that was successful since I got ESET

What do you dislike?

Nothing. So far everything has been great. 6+ years as a customer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want the best protection at the best price with the best customer service, then go with ESET. If you don't care about your machines, your privacy or your protection, any old security service will probably do.

It gives me peace of mind when I or others access the internet for business OR pleasure. I know that no attack will succeed and if it does, ESET will make it right.

ESET review by Rachel S.
Rachel S.

"Great Antivirus software "

What do you like best?

ESET is a great antivirus software that runs in the background and doesn’t slow down your computer at all and it automatically updates you on potential threats so you do not have to worry about them. The updates are quick and use low bandwidth. It is easy to set up and we have it set up on about 15 different computers in our clinic. The price is comparable to most other antivirus software and it works on all operating systems. The anti-theft feature is also really neat because it can help protect your mobile device and if your phone is stolen it can lock your device or wipe it clean so that your information is not compromised.

What do you dislike?

I do not have any dislikes about ESET right now because the software has been doing great and we have not had any problems with it which means it is doing its job.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Eset is a great anti virus software. Our company uses it on multiple computers and we have not had any problems at all! If you are looking to switch it is definitely a great choice!

We use it for Antivirus protection for the computers in our clinic and we have not had any complaints about the software it really does its job! We have it on about 15 computers in the clinic and it runs in the background and does not slow down the computer at all.

ESET review by Rev. Jean S.
Rev. Jean S.

"Never have to worry"

What do you like best?

I trust ESET. I use it on my 2 computers, my tablet and my phone. I never have to worry about being protected. And the price is reasonable. I travel often. No matter where I am, ESET reminds me that I am protected. I really like that ESET opens a special window when I am conducting online banking. I feel even safer.

What do you dislike?

I have tried to respond to some of ESET's notices, and discovered that its not always easy to do what they suggest, so I give up.I am sure it is my lack of tech experience, however, they could make this FOOL proof.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product and a reasonable price

On line banking security, and traveling.

ESET review by Administrator

"Great Product, Great Ratings, So Far So Good"

What do you like best?

The ease of access to the app, install, configuration (for the most part). The ratings for this are great, runs in the background with no apparent overhead to bog things down. Comes with secure website portal access when it detects the user might be on a bank/financial site. When I needed a secondary license (in the middle of my renewal period), they sold me one at a pro-rated rate so that the renewal process is smooth going forward.

What do you dislike?

Enabling the laptop theft security setting on the laptop (2nd PC) was not as straight-forward as one might think. I had to Google the subject to find out how to get around the endless loop I was stuck in, then it was fine. I consider that a bug in their software.

Very happy with the overall product. Previous company I worked for switched from the big companies (Norton) to this product due to the overall reputation of the product.

Learn more about ESET Endpoint Security

ESET Endpoint Security Videos

Learning about ESET Endpoint Security?

* We monitor all ESET Endpoint Security reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.