ESET NOD32 Antivirus 9

(24 reviews)

NOD32 Antivirus is ESETs most basic security offering, providing stateoftheart security for a single PC.

Work for ESET NOD32 Antivirus 9?

Learning about ESET NOD32 Antivirus 9?

ESET NOD32 Antivirus 9 Reviews

Showing 23 ESET NOD32 Antivirus 9 reviews
ESET NOD32 Antivirus 9 review by doris v.
doris v.

"effective protection against viruses and malware"

What do you like best?

It is an excellent antivirus, it is effective, fast and safe because it takes care not only of the computer but also of the usb removable disks, memories, cd and others when entering the computer, one of the things that I like the most is its ability to perform an analysis in real time.

What do you dislike?

I could say that one of the things that do not appeal to me of this excellent antivirus is that in certain cases it blocks files, folders or pages and forces to leave the computer immediately to find the virus without giving the option to make an auto-save or correct the error found

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend it for its capacity of easy installation, handling, use and not be an impediment to the performance of the system because it does not produce slowness, also if you have an Internet connection it is automatically updated which makes it possible for your computer to be protected by another part can repair your infected files because they are not completely eliminated, recovering or avoiding loss of important information.

The protection capacity it offers is one of the greatest benefits at the level of the antivirus program, it is easy to use, its interface is simple, it is wide because its database is updated daily, which makes it possible that if it comes out some new virus is detected and dissapointed by this incredible antivirus

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ESET NOD32 Antivirus 9
ESET NOD32 Antivirus 9 review by Julio C.
Julio C.

"Absolutely the best virus protection ever!"

What do you like best?

ESET NOD32 Antivirus 9 is one of the best Antivirus that who want to save their machines very well. There is the very simple user-interface, detect viruses very fast and remove it .also no need lot of space to deploy that software so Pc not going to be slow.

What do you dislike?

I would occasionally get random notifications that the antivirus was disabled but after checking, it said it was enabled It performed well thought and never had any real issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It does what it says. It'll protect you from the malware and other threats. Update regularly and browse safely.

With the increase of cyber attacks, NOD32 Antivirus gives us the opportunity to protect constantly the pcs of our technology departments, files and emails, of harmful elements that may compromise our information.

What Antivirus solution do you use?

ESET NOD32 Antivirus 9 review by Jesús R.
Jesús R.

" It is a professional and lightweight antivirus!"

What do you like best?

As a graphic designer, I can say that the NOD32 is the best antivirus in the market, since it is lighter, it does not consume resources, it does not renterize my computer. The latest versions are easier to use, you do not need to be an expert. They have a compact and intuitive user interface, have minimal use of notifications, and offer the ability to optimize them based on their specific needs. Whenever I insert some USB this helps me to scan that there is no threat of viruses that could damage my computer. It has a standard and advanced view, Advanced heuristics, Vulnerability detection manages very fast analysis

and the memory consumption is reduced.

What do you dislike?

The bad thing about this antivirus is that it analyzes few files (zip, ace, rar) and it is not a free software, perhaps it lacks other options. It has some problems to detect with the tablets and some files do not disinfect them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It needs to improve some things, but it is a functional and basic antivirus, besides it is light. But to my consideration I recommend this antivirus, if you do not have a quick computer, it would be better if the antivirus they buy is Original, as I have seen in many pages that put NOD32 with crack, that makes it seem that we have updated our antivirus, but it is false since it is only appearance, therefore it is useless, we will be exposed to viruses.

ESET NOD32 Antivirus 9 review by Miguel Ángel D.
Miguel Ángel D.

"Excellent antivirus at a good price"

What do you like best?

It is simple and easy to use, you just really need to install it and the antivirus is responsible for the rest. It is powerful and safe, since we use it, in addition to not slow down computers, it keeps them protected.

What do you dislike?

Maybe the least we like is that it is the basic version, which for the scholars of the scholarship is really good, but if you are looking for some more protection on the internet you need the more expensive versions, which have features added to this version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

After trying many antivirus programs such as kaspersky, norton, panda, ... I have come to the conclusion that one of the best is undoubtedly nod32 and I use it both at work and at home since it simply works, does not cause problems, and it protects you from viruses and Trojans from anywhere. For a long time I have not lost any documents or waste time cleaning the Trojan PC.

For a company where time is of the essence and you do not have to do something that makes it possible to waste time and money, you need to have good products that are simple to use and that do not conflict with other programs or users, so tools how are you not noticed that are installed and save thousands of documents of viruses, it is very important for any company that has computers connected to the Internet through cloud or servers.

ESET NOD32 Antivirus 9 review by Janet G.
Janet G.

"Like its not even there"

What do you like best?

This program has been a wonderful change compared to some other antivirus software we've tried. Its not bulky, there aren't constant popups and reminders bugging us for upgrade or to download a different software of theirs. It is fast and efficient, not too clunky, but still gets the job done.

What do you dislike?

It can be a bit scary to look at at first if you aren't fairly computer literate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it, its been a great addition to our office.

Virus protection for our office. Since it isn't a bulky software, it doesn't tend to slow computers down while we are working on them.

ESET NOD32 Antivirus 9 review by Cirany Virginia L.
Cirany Virginia L.

"Saved by NOD 32"

What do you like best?

I have many years using Nod32 for all my computers both personally and at work I recommend it is always updated to prevent any virus from damaging my PC. that is very important if it is configured well so that nothing escapes. It is infallible against viruses

What do you dislike?

There is a good way to configure it and always connect to the Internet so that you update otherwise you can escape something and damage your PC. but my experience is excellent. I use it for many years and I will continue with the.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I use it because it protects information that has been collected for a long time without damaging my personal and work computer. offers security.

I protect my equipment and I avoid information losses that would be unparalleled for me and my work.

ESET NOD32 Antivirus 9 review by Joan L.
Joan L.

"Safety from malware and internet risks ASSURED"

What do you like best?

I like how this AV software is minimal with its resource usage. It doesn't hog my RAM, or CPU cycles. I can do my work while this AV protects me from background. It is great that it is always updated with latest protection from latest viruses, spywares and rootkits. This product also protects you and your PC while browsing the internet by determining phishing sites and ransonwares before you even click on it. It's like having a bodyguard when you're using your PC.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. While its free version already offers great functionalities, subscribing to its premium offers a lot more, deeper protection for you and your PC.

With ESET NOD32 Antivirus 9, businesses can be sure to prevent attacks from known threats.

ESET NOD32 Antivirus 9 review by Wesley S.
Wesley S.

"Not Compatible with Certain Business Software"

What do you like best?

It is light weight compared to other products. I don't notice it that often.

What do you dislike?

It won't work on my Loftware Server or my NowForms server. It causes issues with the applications on that server even if the folders are all white-listed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you get a trial version and test against any inhouse applications or specialized applications.

It is a plus over Webroot, Kaspersky and Trend Micro. I have noticed that it does scans when needed. It keeps us running.

ESET NOD32 Antivirus 9 review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"The undefeated champion when it comes to Antiviruses."

What do you like best?

This is the OG. We used this at our last organization for almost a decade and it never gave us any problems. Great tool set. It let us customise each users configuration. Frequent and useful updates. Also the detection rates were fantastic. It caught stuff that others just didnt. And it has a really light footprint. A lot of the machines we ran this on in our last organisation were already old and slow. So one of our concerns always was to ensure they werent being choked further by our AV. And this never cause an issue. It was almost like it was not running.

Plus it was super easy to remove and reinstall if ever needed. And to transfer over to a different machine.

What do you dislike?

I would have liked more options to integrate this with our email client for added security. The default was good enough and it did the job mostly. But a more specialised solution (even if paid extra) would have been terrific.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try out the free trial. Its well worth it.

Security was a prime concern of ours and this made us all breathe easier. Our end users also never noticed it running and it rarely raised any issues. Improved our over all system health significantly increasing the lifespan of our systems and reducing OS reinstalls.

ESET NOD32 Antivirus 9 review by User

"ESET is the best on the market"

What do you like best?

Frequent updates keep me protected. It is easy to download and technical support is very efficient.

What do you dislike?

It slows down the PC more than other Antivirus when it is analyzing for threats.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very confident in what they do and in their product

It's relatively inexpensive for what you get and you have plenty of choices that are tailored for your specific platform.

ESET NOD32 Antivirus 9 review by Administrator in Hospitality
Administrator in Hospitality

"The most trusted Anti Virus in the industry"

What do you like best?

ESET NOD32 Antivirus delivers great protection without slowing down your computer or making it difficult to set up. It recognizes malware and warns you if you’re about to visit a page where viruses tend to lurk. And if a threat like a Trojan or a rootkit tries to download, ESET will stop and quarantine it before it has a chance to infect your computer.

What do you dislike?

This antivirus program doesn’t have a lot of extra security tools, but it’s a viable option to protect your computer. It is also expensive compared to competitors in the market

Previously we used Trend Micro and we're getting a lot of issues such as computer performance, the accuracy of blocking a virus etc. After initial installation of ESET NOD 32, the system catches a lot of another potential virus in the system

ESET NOD32 Antivirus 9 review by morrio m.
morrio m.

"Very easy to use software "

What do you like best?

Very simple and easy to use software. The interface is not overloaded. I like it that it detects threats easily and protects computers from viruses and spyware.

What do you dislike?

One thing I do not like about ESET NOD32 Antivirus 9 is that It makes the computer run a little bit slow when

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's worth using ESET NOD32 Antivirus 9. Try it.

The problem that I am able to solve using this software is that I can do a full or a quick scan on my computer hence preventing it from viruses and spyware.

ESET NOD32 Antivirus 9 review by Alberto B.
Alberto B.

"It is impressive with the ease that it encounters threats"

What do you like best?

The analysis program works excellently. I must say, I did not see something like that in another antivirus.

What do you dislike?

Threat notifications cover almost the entire screen of the computer.

Currently we do not have an Antivirus. We use for our Deep Freeze teams, so the IT Security area has decided to try ESET NOD32.

ESET NOD32 Antivirus 9 review by Anthony J.
Anthony J.

"One of the best software to protect your PC"

What do you like best?

I like how ESET NOD32 Antivirus 9 protects your PC "silently" without causing any lag, does not hog resources like memory and CPU, and bandwidth conservative when it comes to updates. You can still work without any hassle with this product working in the background to protect you from latest malicious software and viruses.

What do you dislike?

I could not configure firewall and spam filtering. I think this version doesn't have it.

It saved us from worrying about malicious software attacks in our network.

ESET NOD32 Antivirus 9 review by Edgar F.
Edgar F.

"An antivirus that we have trusted for several years"

What do you like best?

It does not slow down our computers like other antivirus. In addition NOD32 creates a second protection wall when visiting any banking website.

What do you dislike?

The contact with the company by email is very slow. They always respond after several days.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is an excellent antivirus at the business level. It has very good characteristics.

We need to reduce the maintenance costs of our computers and we have bought NOD32 for a good price.

ESET NOD32 Antivirus 9 review by Miroslav B.
Miroslav B.

"Nice PC guard."

What do you like best?

The interface of the antivirus is not overloaded and understandable. It does not load the system. A plus for those who have an old computer. Scanning speed of the OS is fast.

What do you dislike?

NOD almost does not treat files, but simply deletes them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a reliable antivirus software in your priority, then you can look at the program.

I use it for virus protection. The protection modules are working properly. It finds and blocks viruses excellent.

ESET NOD32 Antivirus 9 review by User

"Nice Antivirus that Runs Efficiently in the Background"

What do you like best?

The best thing I like about ESET NOD32 Antivirus is that I haven't had any viruses since using it.

What do you dislike?

The thing I dislike about ESET NOD32 Antivirus is that doesn't prompt when I need to update the opertaing system without opening the interface and its creepy A.I. robot mascot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is one of the better Antivirus programs I have used.

Preventing downtime by having to deal with viruses.

ESET NOD32 Antivirus 9 review by Rafael Antonio M.
Rafael Antonio M.

"Best software to keep me save"

What do you like best?

- Outstanding threat detection

- Web protection

- Frequent updates

- Friendly interface

What do you dislike?

- It can make your computer run a little slow

- Customer support isn't the best

- Some functions are tricky to find

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's the best choice you can make

Cloud protection and anti-phishing features allows everyone in the office to stay focus on the job without worries about their safety

ESET NOD32 Antivirus 9 review by Jean Hazel S.
Jean Hazel S.

"Good PC Protection"

What do you like best?

It is a reliable protection software you can have for your PC. It is fast and does not slow down your computer. It is always up-to-date with latest PC vulnerabilities.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't offer that much control over firewall and spam filters.

ESET helped us make a solid decision when choosing software to protect our network.

ESET NOD32 Antivirus 9 review by User

"my experience with ESET NOD32 Antivirus 9"

What do you like best?

-includes a firewall and an antispam.

-simple and easy to use

-Focused for users with little experience.

What do you dislike?

-only available on mobile devices (Windows Mobile and Symbian),

-presents certain incompatibilities in isolation with the Windows 7 OS

-you can not have access to the modules

a single product to strengthen the security of my operating system.

ESET NOD32 uses a unified engine called ThreatSense® Technology that allows the detection in real time of new threats or new viruses not yet cataloged

ESET NOD32 Antivirus 9 review by User in Information Technology and Services

"ESET NOD32 areas of application"

What do you like best?

What i like best about this application is that it protects your computer and files from viruses and spyware.

What do you dislike?

What i dislike about this product is that firewall feature is not included in this version.

The business benefit am solving with this poduct is am able to do a full scan on my PC and laptop and any storage media hence keeping away virus and spyware from my computers.

"Antivirus Eset Nod32"

What do you like best?

La instalación fue de manera rápida y es de fácil administración. Y me gusta que tenga el sistema de prevención de intrusos y la protección contra malware. También es importante que puede analizar cualquier pendrive o discoduro externo.

What do you dislike?

Era lento al momento de analizar la pc ante virus y pone un poco lento la computadora.

Detecto virus que ralentizaban mi pc .

ESET NOD32 Antivirus 9 review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"ESET NOD32 antivirus"

What do you like best?

Eset isn't CPU or memory hog and is easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I'd like a little more info and control of the gui.

virus protection for end clients

Learning about ESET NOD32 Antivirus 9?

* We monitor all ESET NOD32 Antivirus 9 reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.