Eventbrite

Eventbrite is a website that allows event organizers to plan, set up ticket sales and promote events of any size and publicize them across Facebook, Twitter and other social-networking tools directly from the site's interface

Work for Eventbrite?
Cvent review  2x

Learning about Eventbrite?

Eventbrite Reviews

Ask Eventbrite a Question
Showing 337 Eventbrite reviews
Eventbrite review by <span>Zoe S.</span>
Zoe S.

Eventbrite is the essential tool for those who are essentially "doing their own thing"

What do you like best?

What I love about Eventbrite is how user-friendly it is. It's extremely easy to create an account and create and manage events. I think Eventbrite is perfect for people who work in small, startup-type operations, entrepreneurs, and other groups who either don't have an established event management platform, or would rather opt for the simplicity of Eventbrite over in-house or more complex platforms. Another bonus - being able to easily style your event landing page - just upload a photo and Eventbrite does the rest!

What do you dislike?

It's hard to find something I dislike about Eventbrite...I actually think I have nothing negative to say.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before you are ready to launch your event, be sure to have a picture in mind that you would like to upload to your page, as this will help style your event page.

Event management for attendees who are outside of our regular event management system (ex: I work in higher education so sometimes we will use this platform for our alumni events, since most alumni don't have access to their school email addresses anymore).

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Eventbrite
Eventbrite review by <span>Lauren B.</span>
Lauren B.

Most useful event website

What do you like best?

I love that I can make an event in less than two minutes! We host job fairs all over the country and using eventbrite helps me market my event to the local areas. I can also add an image which is also helpful. Helps us show our brand to people searching other job fairs. My most favorite thing about eventbrite is that if someone wants to register for a certain event, I will personally get notified with a person's name and email address. No other event website can do this!

What do you dislike?

The only complaint I have is that when I receive information of someone who is interested in attending our event, we are provided a first and last name and email address but no phone number. In some cases where I get invalid email addresses it would have been nice to also get a candidate's phone number as another way to reach out to them.

Using Eventbrite creates another avenue for me to reach out to the public in certain cities and let them know about our job fairs. The biggest benefit is receiving email addresses of those who register for certain events.

What Event Management Platforms solution do you use?

Eventbrite review by <span>Carley S.</span>
Carley S.

My first choice for event RSVP's

What do you like best?

My favorite part about Eventbrite is the way it makes my event look so incredibly professional. All you have to do is plug in a picture, enter your event information, and voila! You have a beautiful page that displays your event in a professional manner. Especially the map feature... love!

What do you dislike?

I wish it was easier to get the link out to people. It seems easier to just make a Facebook event, because people are already logging into Facebook as a social media. Many people aren't accustomed to going to a separate website to RSVP. I don't think that's anything that Eventbrite can change, though – just a thought if you're considering using Eventbrite for your event.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Your event will look amazingly professional and you will be able to track RSVP's like never before – don't go back to using pen and paper or email or phone RSVP's! This is so much easier now that we're in a digital era.

Eventbrite helps us keep an eye on our RSVPs for some of our big banquets and events. We get the information of the people that sign up and we are able to use that to coordinate things for our events. I love that Eventbrite is customizable because I can add text fields to acquire additional information from attendees.

Eventbrite review by <span>Diana A.</span>
Diana A.

Much more professional than Facebook event pages

What do you like best?

It is an easy way to share information about and collect RSVPs for an event. It easily integrates with platforms like Facebook (use the link in the ticket section of a Facebook event) but looks much more professional when sharing via email. You can also export the information collected by registered attendees and duplicate or set an event as reoccurring for events that are part of a series.

What do you dislike?

Finding information on the backend is not always intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is great if you do not already have an event page on your website but need to direct people somewhere for more information about an upcoming event and collect their information. Consider the cover image proportions when making marketing materials as typical flyers are not a good fit (we typically do two versions - standard flyer or handout and then a cover image for Eventbrite/Facebook). Also note that there are charges if registrants need to pay for tickets.

Collecting information for registrants at events to speed up the registration table at the actual event and ensuring that information is complete/correct (not necessarily the case with paper Sign-in sheets).

Eventbrite review by <span>Abigail D.</span>
Abigail D.

Free platform for nonprofits to utilize

What do you like best?

I work at a nonprofit with a small marketing staff. Before using Eventbrite, we were building our events on our website which looked awful and dull. It would take a lot of time for not much reward. With Eventbrite, I can create a basic event in a matter of a few minutes. I can make it private or public to be shared with the Eventbrite community. Best of all, most of our events are free to enter, which means it's free to post them on Eventbrite. It's easy to check attendees in at the door, download reports, and communicate last-minute messages with registrants. Eventbrite is a great tool more companies should take advantage of.

What do you dislike?

In some instances, we've held events that require many conditional questions to be completed during registration. Unfortunately, Eventbrite doesn't allow the function of complex, conditional questions, which can really slow down the registration process. On the backend, the menu names aren't the most intuitive. There are certain functions that are difficult to find, such as where to cancel an order, but after expanding each sidebar menu, you can usually find which what you need. My biggest pet peeve with Eventbrite is that if you create an event that takes place more then five weeks away, ticket sales will automatically be set to end in five weeks from that date, regardless of when your event takes place. There have been many times when I've forgotten to change this default date and received complaints of ticket sales being closed weeks prior to an event. I wish Eventbrite would make the default date the date of the event.

Free for free events, easy to set up, looks professional

Eventbrite review by <span>David B.</span>
David B.

Great event tool but high fees

What do you like best?

Eventbrite is most useful to me in the sense that I can use it to collect attendee information that grows my company's database

What do you dislike?

I dislike the extremely high fees that Eventbrite charges when you have a paid event. They have a fee for using their platform to sell tickets and then on top of that they take around 10% of actual ticket sales.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are just starting out running event and want something more robust and trackable than Facebook then I definitely recommend Eventbrite. However just be aware of the fees you will be paying when using it for a paid event.

We have a lot of company events to help us recruit more talent as well as pick up more clients. Eventbrite gives us the analytics to know what numbers we need to hit as far as tickets sold, pages views, and ticket source. It has also been essential to building up our database for future events, and email marketing.

Learning about Eventbrite?

* We monitor all Eventbrite reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.