eventmobi

Learning about eventmobi?

eventmobi Reviews

Ask eventmobi a Question
Showing 15 eventmobi reviews
eventmobi review by Amanda S.
Amanda S.

"Most user friendly mobile app"

What do you like best?

I attended a demo and it showed all of the bells and whistles. It looked like it would be incredibly hard to build and require a lot of back end configuration. I went ahead and purchased the app knowing that the support team was there to assist. Within minutes of gaining access to the administrator side I was able to begin adding information and configuring the app. It is incredibly easy to use and my members found it extremely easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

This wasn't something that I disliked more than something that I would have found more useful. There are tons of ways to set up your event app and during the demo you are able to see sample apps and functionality. It would be helpful to have access to those examples after purchase in case there was something that you saw in the demo that you'd like to recreate or you need ideas for implementing features like gamification.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the full resources of the sales team and support staff. They are always available and can show you how to do things easily.

I am able to cut down my print program by 75%. I have increased advertising and made continuing education information easier to access

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about eventmobi
eventmobi review by Jennifer E.
Jennifer E.

"Easy to use event tool for both the attendee and administrator"

What do you like best?

It's so simple to use. You can upload questions for the surveys, for example, and you can have EventMobi copy previous events into a new event to make it super fast and easy to start a new event. We do this as our event is the same each year so all I have to do is update the session titles, descriptions, etc. but everything else is the same.

What do you dislike?

I have to request that EventMobi copy over data from previous events. I would prefer to be able to be able to do that myself.

Instead of printing agendas for our user conference we are able to save money on printing as well as make up to the minute updates as needed. We have realized a cost savings as well as headaches of rushing to get everything done and printed in time for our event.

What Mobile Event Apps solution do you use?

eventmobi review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"I used eventmobi to organize an annual day event for students on campus"

What do you like best?

I liked the ease of use. You are provided with excel templates for each menu like attendees, presenters that you just need to edit to suit your purpose and upload directly to the app. Also being able to add a link to a survey for attendants to fill was a very nice feature

What do you dislike?

One thing I quickly noticed was it wasn't possible to create a individual agenda for speakers/presenters. So speakers had to be linked in groups to specific times on the agenda menu. As at the time I used the app, I actually raised this issue with someone on the support team and I was told it might be added as a feature in future versions. I also didn't like that if you wanted to use the app more than once, like maybe 2 consecutive years, the event information from the 2years couldn't exist separately. This means that you can't access old versions of an app! if you want to transfer the event information it had to be with the help of someone on the support team.

The app was used instead of paper copies of the program that contained information about student research, student names, faculty names and schedule times. It saved us cost and paper. Students also enjoyed using it since it was a more modern approach to event management with the integration of social media

eventmobi review by Nicole C.
Nicole C.

"Event app for meeting & event planner conference"

What do you like best?

EventMobi was super easy to use on the back end and looked great from the front-end. Loved the ability to customize the branding to match our event and the app gave us additional exposure for our sponsors and strategic partners. EventMobi also conducted a follow-up phone call after the event to chat about what worked well, etc. Nice touch and added to the already wonderful customer service. It was interesting to compare the analytics from this year to last year.

What do you dislike?

Not really a dislike but I didn't use all the features, such as contacting speakers through the app. I wish I used all features to the fullest!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I received training when first being set-up with EventMobi. I'd suggest get in right away and play with the features and app, and contact support for best practices. I didn't use the import feature for sessions/speakers since not all the information was lined up when we started with the app. I'm wondering now if it would have been time savings to import the updates. One thing to consider is that an import will replace any existing data so make sure that file is complete/thorough.

With our use, we conducted a poll and was able to export results and have an illustrator do a graphic illustration of the responses.

eventmobi review by Sarah S.
Sarah S.

"User-Friendly App Development Tool"

What do you like best?

EventMobi was exactly the tool I needed to create a beautiful mobile app with limited time and staff resources. Being able to work with a program that is intuitive, easy to use, and well-organized allowed me to focus on my actual role as an event specialist, managing the logistics of my research symposium, rather than attempting to become a web developer or marketing professional to have a quality digital program available for our attendees.

What do you dislike?

Nothing comes to mind... The only issue I had in the experience was learning that we were not using an add-on feature, but when I brought this concern up with our account manager we were promptly refunded. Great customer-focus, which ensures our continued use of this product!

Again, the biggest benefit for us is the ability to really focus on our strategic event goals over app/website development.

eventmobi review by Tanya D.
Tanya D.

"Our first foray into a mobile event channel couldn't have been better!"

What do you like best?

We were impressed with the high level of customization and the prompt response from support staff! After I passed the initial learning curve I found EventMobi to be very intuitive and user-friendly. I was skeptical about adding another layer of complexity to managing our events, and resisted going the online route... but EventMobi has made a believer out of me and I am 100% on board! I'm actually looking forward to our next event so I can work towards making EventMobi even better for our attendees!

What do you dislike?

I would've like to delete modules myself, instead of needing tech support to do so. I also felt some of the 'how to's' left steps out that would've helped me get from A to B without asking for help. We didn't understand that it's necessary to 'refresh the app' every time you log on to ensure nothing missed. We didn't communicate that to our clients so many of them didn't realize there were new documents available to download all the time!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't waste time if the 'how to' isn't helping you finish something - go straight to technical support - they're awesome and so quick to respond, it'll save time and frustration! Otherwise I hope you enjoy it as much as I do - can't wait for our next event to dive even deeper into what EventMobi has to offer!

We didn't have any problems with our established event methodologies (USB sticks, DropBox, Excel spreadsheet tracking), but wanted to be proactive with the mobile curve and trends toward online channels for our conference attendees. As far as benefits - we haven't realized any yet, but, it's a fun tool to use and I foresee it becoming more beneficial as more clients are able to utilize it.

eventmobi review by M. Peggy M.
M. Peggy M.

"Use of app for conference with 200 attendees"

What do you like best?

We received very fast service on chat feature for any and every question we had.

We also liked the polls, as it allowed the emcee to update the pulse of the audience from time to time.

The best for participation and the engagement that it encouraged across the entire group, though, was the ability to submit questions to speakers and during the panel discussion.

What do you dislike?

We did need to have some very tech savvy people assisting us with the rollout of the app during the conference and in preparation (uploading excel spreadsheets for attendee lists and agendas, for example).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Awesome Q & A sessions enabled with the utilization of this app.

Use the polls! this was a great feature that we didn't maximize on.

Allow the emcee to have a dress rehearsal in advance of the actual conference, to better familiarize themselves with the technology and how to use it best.

The use of this app was to assist with the preparation and execution of our recent Regional Conference. The benefits were increased engagement during Q & A sessions and a panel discussion. As well, a more coordinated rollout of the conference with this app.

eventmobi review by Carolyn K.
Carolyn K.

"Reliable and easy to navigate"

What do you like best?

I have used the EventMobi mobile app for several events over the past three years. It is very easy to populate and use, which I love. As well, whenever I do have a question or requirement it's so easy to get in touch with a support person via phone or the chat feature. My preference is the chat feature and my questions or inquiries are always answered in a prompt and professionally manner. I also like how they provide me with feedback on how my app is looking along with suggestions to make it better.

What do you dislike?

Not really a dislike, but more of a request. If the EventMobi app was able to summarize open-ended polling results into a word cloud, that would be terrific!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not providing a paper copy of the agenda saves on costs and drives attendees to the app. Real-time session feedback and polling is also a fantastic way to drive usage, along with receiving terrific results.

We use the mobile app at our leadership conferences for the agenda, speaker details, session feedback, polling technology, attendee list, and providing mass alert messages to attendees. The chat feature amongst the attendees has also been popular for those who don't know each other to connect.

eventmobi review by Brittany C.
Brittany C.

"A product that is user-friendly from both the organizer and attendee perspective"

What do you like best?

Our conferences attract government attendees who have very strict requirements on what they can download on their mobile devices, so the fact that can act as an app without (necessarily) being one is a positive for us!

What do you dislike?

What I appreciate so much about the organization is that I feel like they are really listening to the customer. Whenever I have a small request, the representative will be sure to communicate it to the developers and add it to their list for updates. So I really don't have any huge dislikes - if I had to choose one, it would be the session feedback/evaluation module. I think there is some room for improvement. We've had to maintain a separate surveying system since the eventmobi one is so basic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't overthink it! We really were concerned about getting it "perfect" the first time around, but after looking at the user metrics after our first event, we realized how intuitive it was for our attendees, and that gave us the confidence to explore the next round of features.

We've been able to streamline our internal processes by using this technology. Instead of collecting bios and course materials from our speakers by email, we now empower them to upload their materials. It also allows our attendees to have the most up-to-date materials.

eventmobi review by Sara K.
Sara K.

"The best customer service ever found."

What do you like best?

EventMobi has been easy to work with from day one. They have jumped through hoops for us. In addition, the app is super easy to use, even with little app building experience. While I am fully capable of adding things, changing things, and creating things on the back-end of the app, the EventMobi team assisted with every step to make sure the process was flawless. The app has 99% of what I need - If I dream it, EventMobi can build it.

What do you dislike?

The gamification aspect/module could use some additional creativity. We like to use this tool for engagement purposes, but we would like this aspect to have some additional functionality for challenges.

We are keeping it green. Less printing (agendas, speaker bios, etc) is less time and paper consumed!

eventmobi review by Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"New to Eventmobi - looking forward to continuing with Eventmobi"

What do you like best?

I like the clean, simplistic platmform approach - yet many different opporuntities within the app such as gamification, sponsorship etc.

I felt from a back office perspective it was very easy to use, upload and updated - which is often not the case with apps. Sending out alerts and timing them was a breeze.

The support from begining to end, including onsite was fantastic, nothing was ever too much trouble, prompt responses and follow up was great.

What do you dislike?

The sponsor/banner adds, I don't like how the home page menu image is a banner add - i would have prefered to have our conference logo there.

the banner adds can be quite complicated to set up in terms of image size etc, especialyl when working with internatinal measurements.

I am sure there are other small things, but this is what comes to mind when i think eventmobi.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great tool. While can be seen a considerably more expensive i definitly recommend the executive package. You are listended to and most important the support is endless, a great part of the package is the support onsite for delegates this took a large part of onsite work away from the me as a planner, but i knew they were still be handled and assisted with the app adn download. I would recommend pay the money.

Not sure what is meant by business problems solving - but some benefits from this app and its easy to use back office, meant any timetable changes we faced onsite could easily be shared with everyone.

One problem we face is getting the delegates to download the app - we had a good number this year, but still only just half the attendees. So it would be nice to find a way to get more of them engaged.

eventmobi review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Great in conference app"

What do you like best?

The interface and live polling features are great.

What do you dislike?

There is not enough scheduling availability for all of the tasks needed to complete the user experience. Need a full time app director during the conference.

The results for live polls could use some help visually

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make use of the support chat they are very knowledgeable and quick to respond

Ability to update the agenda on the fly and push notifications to all attendees about the conference.

Our audience loves "anonymous " interaction

eventmobi review by Administrator

"A good solution for a user-friendly event app."

What do you like best?

Eventmobi is easy to set up and edit. App store is not required. Exhibitors and speakers can upload text and images.

What do you dislike?

Some fields should allow more characters (titles of papers with authors sometimes truncated). Finding the menu with the search input box is sometimes awkward for users.

Our attendees asked for an event app. The ones who used eventmobi before and during the conference are pleased with its ease of use and performance. The alerts are great for announcements.

eventmobi review by Courtney B.
Courtney B.

"Easiest APP to use for events!"

What do you like best?

I love that Eventmobi is so easy to use! It's also extremely user-friendly.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't look as professional as other apps.

Companies are not printing on-site, they are utilizing apps and going paper-free.

eventmobi review by Jessica H.
Jessica H.

"Hope to use more!"

What do you like best?

This iss one i haven't been able to use more frequently but intend to soon!

What do you dislike?

Not a thing yet. Still new to it and learning

Events coordination

Learning about eventmobi?

* We monitor all eventmobi reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.