EventTracker Security Center

EventTracker Security Center

EventTracker Security Center is powerful, scalable software application that installed on premise or in the cloud to address a broad range of cyber security challenges for organizations with 50 to 10,000* network nodes, it identifies malware, unusual behavior and suspicious network traffic and lets user know when it been compromised.

Work for EventTracker Security Center?

Learning about EventTracker Security Center?

EventTracker Security Center Reviews

Ask EventTracker Security Center a Question
Showing 15 EventTracker Security Center reviews
EventTracker Security Center review by Doug W.
Doug W.

"Flexible SIEM"

What do you like best?

EventTracker brings together all our Windows, Linux, network, security appliance and other sources of log data, along with IDS and vulnerability scanning. Timely alert emails to critical situations mean we don't have to stare at the system all day. Extremely powerful search capability through all the collected data, that received a significant performance boost with version 9's Elastic search.

They also have the managed SIEMphonic service, which provides periodic analysis and recommendations. Part of the flexibility comes from the custom integrations they will create, in the event you have a system type with which they have not already integrated.

What do you dislike?

Search is extremely powerful, but lacks the simplicity of a general Web search system, e.g., Bing or Google. if you master Lucene query or the older filter criteria search, there shouldn't be much you can't quickly find.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Having SIEMphonic, at least for the first year, takes a lot of the load off an internal team. They are very easy to work with, when it comes to integrating new/additional systems, monitoring for systems that have stopped reporting in, and keeping you on track with periodic reminders if there's anything your team needs to be doing to resolve a case, finish an integration, or other similar tasks.

Single point of visibility for all log sources, with alerting for critical situations, and configurable retention for trend analysis.

The Windows agent provides an additional layer of endpoint security, augmenting existing remote, perimeter, and endpoint security systems.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about EventTracker Security Center
EventTracker Security Center review by Bryan C.
Bryan C.

"Excellent service and they care"

What do you like best?

I have been using Event Tracker for the past 4 years. Their managed service provides me proactive updates regarding information security issues within our environment, which allows us to take action before they become corporate impacting incidents. I have found them to be very easy to work with and willing to go the extra mile when needed to address a security situation. The latest release is a significant upgrade in capability and speed, great work!

What do you dislike?

I have deployed the solution in house and the required hardware was more than I originally allocated. I had to purchase additional hardware for the latest version.

Log management. Endpoint protection and vulnerability scanning. They are also providing us with weekly status reports summarizing all the data collected by the SIEM. I have been able to tap into a team of security experts that cross cyber security threats, something I could not do as I do not have the IT budget.

What Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) solution do you use?

EventTracker Security Center review by Joel C.
Joel C.

"EventTracker has provided timely responses and excellent value."

What do you like best?

I like the idea that a separate entity is providing competent network overview services. We don't have the time to monitor activities the way EventTracker can for us. The way the network is operating and the traffic we're seeing is important information and I'm satisfied with the way they monitor and communicate

What do you dislike?

The communications about new requests have not always been helpful. At times, we seem to have to work our misunderstandings out through two or three volley's of email or phone conversation. The responsiveness that they show when we ask for an alert or a report isn't always helpful for either party. They didn't fully understand what we were asking for and what we got didn't fulfill our needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth the effort and the money. I worked with other SIEM solutions at other organizations and lived through the extremes of having to do everything yourself (Splunk) or feeling like you were almost unimportant to the process (Solutionary). EventTracker feels like a good compromise between those two experiences.

We have a much better view into our network, not only do we finally know the important things happening, but we have a complete picture of when they happen and under who's authority.

EventTracker Security Center review by Brian W.
Brian W.

"Strong basics and great support"

What do you like best?

Out of the box, EventTracker gave us useful reports and alerts that enabled us to run our security program. Adding devices was easy and the support in setup and in managed services has been great. Building reports and alerts on top of the built-in reports have given us actionable items without tedious analytics. The routine report we get from the EventTracker managed services has A) Tuned annoying alerts and B) given our Engineers and Analysts more of their time back. They can focus on improvement projects, not just incident response and alert fatigue.

What do you dislike?

Custom dashboards and searches are not as easy to build. You can build customized dashboards, but you will not get the freedom to build correlating dashboards that some others have.

We were trying to meet our compliance needs as well as get an overall view into the environment. We have seen a reduced number of hours spent on log analysis and an increased amount of cases resolved. Both looking back for forensic reasons and getting active incident alerts has improved with implementing EventTracker.

EventTracker Security Center review by Kenneth G.
Kenneth G.

"Secure and seemingly in control"

What do you like best?

I like being able to quickly look at all the processed logs and see what is going on inside our network. See if users are having trouble with logins are RDP, knowing when USB devices are used and the comfort in knowing if something goes wrong I can go back and find the problem.

What do you dislike?

I don't like knowing what features I didn't get in my scaled down version. I feel like I'm being taunted with oh this is what you could have had.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Allow Eventtracker to install and setup, they were great from start to finish. And hope Arun S is your support engineer.

Security security security is everything today and being able to say I'm NIST compliant is by no means making me complaisant, if anything its given me the courage, tools and know how to did even deeper in our deficiencies.

EventTracker Security Center review by Scott M.
Scott M.

"Great experience using the system and working with their security team..."

What do you like best?

The integrations from 3rd party systems helps show us the full picture of our security footprint, on-prem to Office 365. Support is very responsive to developing new integrations, if necessary.

What do you dislike?

None come to mind. Most anything we've had an issue with has been corrected in a timely manner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We have chosen the co-managed SIEM model and the Eventtracker security analysts are a great addition to our on-premise security team

Endpoint security and an awareness what is going on with users' machine is key.

-We can see what new Windows processes are running (good or unwanted), connections to risky IP addresses.

-Preventative alerts for low disk space on servers has prevented unwanted down-time.

-DHCP alerts when new machines attempt to plug into our network

-File Integrity Monitoring for PCI compliance

-Audit support during PCI on-site assessments

-Insightful dashboards for NOC TV/monitoring

EventTracker Security Center review by Administrator in Law Practice
Administrator in Law Practice

"EventTracker - Excellent SIEM Solution"

What do you like best?

Our EventTracker team is very proactive and works diligently to keep us on track. Our monthly meetings are extremely productive. Our reports provide valuable information in both an executive summary and detailed log overview. Our ET team customized our daily reports to fit our needs. Our ET team is very responsive and is not afraid to reach out to us to accomplish their goals in protecting us.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike with this solution. If anything I wish our SIEM could remediate issues on our behalf. Our ET solution does provide a detailed explanation on what measures should be taken to remediate the issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

EventTracker is a great SIEM solution that provides continuous support. Implementation is easy as they provide hands on support and have many integration guides. If you are very busy like myself it is nice to have a solution that will remind you of an outstanding task.

EventTracker provides us with a security operations center that monitors our environment 24/7, daily reports, vulnerability assessments, and monthly follow up meetings. Event Tracker's Security Incident & Event Management (SIEM) solution allows us to securely store our logs in one location and receive alerts on events.

EventTracker Security Center review by Executive Sponsor in Retail
Executive Sponsor in Retail

"EventTracker SIEM"

What do you like best?

SIEM simplified service is a great way to stay up on threats and ensure that knowledgeable people are helping provide a second set of eyes.

What do you dislike?

This one is difficult to answer but if I had to pick one thing out notifications of events come in a little delayed. This is mitigated by creating special alerting to send more real-time alerts but at times you don't necessarily know what to watch until after you see it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are considering the EvenTracker solution I would highly recommend the management services known at one time SIEM simplified but I think now referred to as SIEMphonic.

We are solving the fox in the hen house dilemma by having a third party report on administrative and security activities to multiple internal resources thereby preventing malicious activities from our most powerful internal users. We are also able to reduce costs of having in house security analysts and SIEM system administrators by allowing properly trained and skilled personnel provide support, reporting and systems updates keeping us current on the latest threat signatures.

EventTracker Security Center review by User

"Enhances Visibility and Awreness"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to quickly review a dashboard and immediately spot areas of interest or concern to validate activity within the network. The ability to track removable media is brilliant as EventTracker diligently details the activity which has taken place.

What do you dislike?

3rd party integrations could be a little more robust. But overall the quality of what is here has been architected very well, to provide great level of detail balancing ease of use. The SOC team are very responsive to Q&A.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very good product, a well needed compliment to any security organization that is lean on resources but need continued vilibility into their organization and a friend to call when things go wrong. They SOC has been great in assisitng with malware review requests and proactive reporting and review of the enviornment.

Visibility and Awareness as it relates to Endpoint security and our overall security posture. They reporting engine is excellent as allow to provide detailed and relevant reporting for varied audiences.

EventTracker Security Center review by Peter D. P.
Peter D. P.

"EventTracker SIEM Performing Better Than Expectations"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use, search functionality, features, ET support, vulnerability, dashboards, threat feeds, and so many more things.

What do you dislike?

Nothing comes to mind. It works as expected . I have no issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is hands down the best SIEM for small to medium business in my opinion. I demoed and looked at 5 different SIEM before choosing EventTracker. I do not regret the decision. It has outperformed my expectations. EventTracker support is very responsive and knowledgeable.

I am using EventTracker to meet NIST 800-171 compliance, 21CFR Part 11 Compliance and also to improve and enhance my overall security posture.

EventTracker Security Center review by Matt G.
Matt G.

"Understand what's happening in your Network"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that EventTracker brings together logs from many different sources within my network and gives me one single dashboard for review.

What do you dislike?

We have found that sometimes the agents installed will quit working without cause.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for an affordable and solid way to meet your PCI requirements, EventTracker is a great solution.

We initially started using EventTracker to become more PCI compliant. However, we like the additional insight it gives us into our network.

EventTracker Security Center review by User

"EventTrackers SIEM product has been a life saver"

What do you like best?

The visibility I have into my environment and the flexibility to gather all types of log data. Their new version has made great strides in the UI.

What do you dislike?

In the past, client upgrades were a little bumpy but things have improved a lot over the last couple of years

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a trial. You really get a lot for your money. Due to budget cutbacks I tried (2 years ago) to find something comparable for the money and it does not exist.

Visibility into firewall, network, and server environments. I wish I had the funding to point my workstations towards it.

EventTracker Security Center review by Administrator

"EventTracker always in the know."

What do you like best?

ET has been a great partner in our security program, their 24/7 SOC is always ahead of the curve.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, They do great work, always looking out for any new issues

Recommendations to others considering the product

great support, great staff that listens & response to our requests

Being a smaller company, they fill the security manpower gap, keeping watch 24/7 with immediate alerts as they happen.

"Great job so far"

What do you like best?

email alerts, email summaries, monthly meetings. phone call when something has alerted the system. i can sleep well now

What do you dislike?

at this time we haven't run into anything that we dislike

24x7 security monitoring by software and people. We dont need to hire security staff and work all day

EventTracker Security Center review by Administrator

"Event Tracker Custormer Review"

What do you like best?

Having someone watching over your environment gives you peace of mind. Their team is very quick to act as well as very thorough.

What do you dislike?

The deployment takes some time, and the agent can at times be resource intensive.

The support has been very easy to work with, and will go out of their way to help you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you're able to silently deploy the agent during the rollout.

We are plugging holes in our security, as well being able to track any changes going on.

Learn more about EventTracker Security Center

EventTracker Security Center Videos

Learning about EventTracker Security Center?

* We monitor all EventTracker Security Center reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.