Evergage

Learning about Evergage?

Evergage Reviews

Ask Evergage a Question
Showing 94 Evergage reviews
Evergage review by Bobby M.
Bobby M.

"Evergage is game changing"

What do you like best?

Evergage has an incredible support team that is always available to help work through campaign ideation and implementation. The machine learning capabilities have enormous potential to deliver 1:1 content recommendations across our site enabling us to deliver a truly personalized experience for each visitor.

What do you dislike?

There is a bit of a steep learning curve involved because the software has so much functionality built into it that it can take some time to become comfortable using all the different features. The good news is the support team is there to help you through any challenges along the way.

We are personalizing our site to deliver relevant content to our site visitors in the right place at the right time. This has enabled to move users through our marketing funnel more efficiently, support nurture activities and SEM/paid media campaigns, and increase conversions.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Evergage
Evergage review by Bettina B.
Bettina B.

"Evergage Review"

What do you like best?

I appreciate the technology, the flexibility of the tool and the overall features but nothing beats the customer service at Evergage. The technology is unmatched but the customer service beats even that. The continued growth of the technology is exceptional and necessary for the growth in the ecommerce and an online presence.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much I dislike about Evergage. There are definite areas of improvement but overall, the company, the technology and the people are amazing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Evergage to any company that is trying to grow their online presence, reach more customers and effectively supply information to current customers. Evergage is unmatched in their technology, reach, customer information, analysis, reporting and product offerings. I am glad my company decided to partner with Evergage. As a designer and online manager, this tool has made my life easier.

We are solving customer retention issues, conversion complications and campaign timeliness issues with Evergage. The real-time, immediate campaign creation, testing and results are an added benefit.

What E-Commerce Personalization solution do you use?

Evergage review by Danielle R.
Danielle R.

"Excellent target marketing platform "

What do you like best?

I love how I can converse and reach many visitors wants/needs through visitors entering our site with Evergage. It gives site visitors a unique, one-on-one personalized touch to help get them to where they are wanting to go faster for a more pleasant experience.

What do you dislike?

It can be a bit overwhelming on the learning curve. On the Evergage platform, while creating campaigns- it sometimes will not permit basic like editing text (freezes) so the way around is to use Visual Editor.

Evergage provides that individual touch that allows us to deliver Financial Sunshine that we are striving to deliver to our each one of our members/guests- in branch and now online (Thanks to Evergage).

Evergage review by Brett E.
Brett E.

"A Next Gen Platform"

What do you like best?

Evergage has been built from the ground up around personalization and data activation. It makes creating dynamic presentation designs a breeze for those that do not have a design background, but understand the user experience they want to provide.

What do you dislike?

Because it is so easy to create website updates, it does require a bit of process governance to ensure that the proper reviews are completed to protect the quality of the experience from user error.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This brand has a vision and understanding for what it takes to deliver truly individualize digital experiences. Your business strategy will hold you back before Evergage does.

We are leveraging Evergage to understand deep behavioral engagement with our website and content so that we can understand where they are in their buyer's journey and provide our best guess at the right next piece of content to continue the dialog in a very personal and relevant way.

Evergage review by Melinda C.
Melinda C.

"Powerful tool with great potential for personalized web experiences"

What do you like best?

Evergage provides a powerful tool to personalize web experiences based on user behavior or other criteria defined by your marketing strategy. The ability to create site wide as well as geo-location or product interest type campaigns is fantastic.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve is a bit steep and the setup of individual display campaigns sometimes requires writing HTML, specifically with campaigns that replace content on your site. Evergage documentation is helpful for high level campaign strategy, but fails to provide details on the UI and terms used within the tool itself. There could also be some improvements made to the recommendation engine with additional criteria for recommended items. Things like prioritization of recommended items, customized views of catalog items, and the ability to clone experiences within a campaign would be much appreciated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be mindful of your current website and it's setup. Review items such as blogs, products, solutions, etc to ensure the initial site scrape will produce the best results.

We are looking to improve the user experience on our site to provide relevant offers at the right time, to the right audience. In doing so, we hope to improve user engagement and increased conversion rates.

Evergage review by Administrator in Market Research
Administrator in Market Research

"We're doing great things with this product"

What do you like best?

Evergage fills a space in the analytics market like no other product I've tried.

As an analytics expert, I've tried many different products and I really push products to their breaking point because I know javaScript and apache server features and configurations that many analytics systems simply replicate.

While many people will not have the demanding requirements that I have for Evergage, I really have put it through the paces and pushed the support team to get me top-notch data exports for our predictive analytics projects. And you know what? They have delivered.

After 2 years of using the product at 2 companies (I requested it at my latest job and got it), they just keep adding critical features like UTM tracking, custom variables, custom event support. API enhancements, Improved online support and the ability to export both events-based and user-based tracking (without the annoying TOS Google Analytics is now requiring for tracking by userID).

they've even recently added the ability to "bucket" into segments by event occurrence. This is huge for our A/B testing and multivariate analysis of the numerous "personas" and "affinities" that we know about our users/visitors by ID.

Oh and did I mention that they generate unique userIDs for all anonymous visitors and they will overwrite that system ID and use the userID you indicate when you know the visitor's userID and configure Evergage to use it! For customer analysis and sales optimization, this is irreplaceable. I've written a bit about how Evergage has allowed us to create customer churn-risk scores here: http://blog.findable.me/post/52410161427/3-steps-to-building-customer-churn-risk-scores.

Basically, I'm now an Evergage fanboy (or "net promoter") but I actually have no affiliation with the company.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that is annoying is that their UI (which majorly improving every month), it has some annoying bugs occasionally. And I wish they had a simple dashboard iphone and/or android app. But I think all in good time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have any data scientists in your company (or even just data analysts and web developers), you're going to benefit the very most from the full event-based and user-based data exporting Evergage allows you... we're reaching 1MM rows of data events after 1 year of implementing and the rich data points we have are enabling us to customize and optimize our entire site to user-specific specifications (even when the user may not have explicitly told use their preferences -- plus their A/B testing and segment "bucketing" allows us to determine if our visitor customization actually benefited (or possibly harmed) the all-important "time on site" engagement measurement of our customized pages. This is really helping us do better customer analysis.

We're pushing Evergage to it's limit to tag and segment visitors by numerous person (and factor analysis) requirements and it's performing beautifully. It's a newer Analytics product so I have been impressed by their ability to really add the features I want as an analytics professional without getting sidetracked by unimportant features. Not sure if they are getting customer's feature requests, but if not, their intuition for the "next thing to add" is great.

Evergage review by Aleksandra M.
Aleksandra M.

"Gamma Partners Evergage Review"

What do you like best?

The platform is capable of so many different things including personalization, segmentation, and just simple AB testing. The ideas are endless and with the extremely helpful customer success directors, it is super easy to get new campaigns up and running!

What do you dislike?

I find the text editor extremely difficult to use. It's a great idea, but it's not very intuitive and moving things on your website around is very hard to do in it. I wish that it was easier to use and had a sleeker design so that we could use it more often and make the most of its capabilities.

Right now, we are mainly just doing simple AB testing, but we are trying to expand into the personalization realm and utilize all that Evergage has to offer.

"Evergage Review"

What do you like best?

Evergage give us a ton of information on the people coming to our website. We are able to segment based on this data and sync the data we already have from Marketo - this allows us to set up complex campaigns.

What do you dislike?

The software is not very intuitive and glitches nearly every time we use it. The preview will warp even when there have been no page changes. Account management is hard to work with as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hire someone to design and code for evergage as it will take up a lot of time/. Coding is the way to be successful with this software.

We are personalizing our website to specific segments of our client base.

Evergage review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Great Tool, but UI Could Use Some Work"

What do you like best?

Evergage has a great analytics engine and it's company and industry recognition is also great. It's quite easy to create new segments and use their tools to learn where best to personalize based on industry and geography. Their reporting is also very good and provides a number of options for viewing results in order to give a thorough perspective on exactly how effective a campaign has been. They have a great customer success team that actually takes your success seriously and will assist you with ideas and implementation.

What do you dislike?

Their UI for campaign creation needs serious work. It's really not intuitive and has a steep learning curve. I know icons are difficult, but there are many industry standards out there that would make figuring out their UI much simpler. It's exceedingly clear that they put tremendous effort into their stats and analytics engines, but now they need to work on their UI. Don't let that throw you too much, though. It's still a great tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to categorize your content. It'll make personalization much easier.

Our site caters to a wide variety of segments who have different business needs which we can solve with different products, Evergage allows us to put the most appropriate product for that industry in front of our visitors with ease. Several of our geography based campaigns have seen double digit increases in conversion.

Evergage review by User in Sporting Goods
User in Sporting Goods

"Great for Video Analytics"

What do you like best?

While our company uses Evergage for ecommerce. I am a Videographer and have found it particularly helpful for tracking video analytics. We were looking for a solution to better understand our video customers. Evergage allows us to track video engagement rates, trends and revenue much more efficiently than we were with Google Analytics.

What do you dislike?

Since I don't have a programming background, it was a little difficult to figure out how everything works. Evergage support does a great job or setting everything up for you. I wish there were some more training videos/support pages on how to get set up and manage your reports.

I can speak as a videographer looking to track video statistics. Our company uses Evergage for so many more things...

Evergage allows us track video revenue much more accurately than Evergage. We are able to view our customer's shopping experience and provide specific materials based on their viewing history. This was never possible with GA.

Evergage review by User in Computer Software

"Would recommend Evergage to anyone wanting to quickly implement A/B tests"

What do you like best?

- Customer service is hands down the best customer service around. Quick responses (usually within 2 hours) and they always go above and beyond to help resolve issues or help build tricky campaigns

- Ability to implement A/B tests and product changes WITHOUT needing to incorporate development

- Analytics and the ability to track clicks and page views. WAY better than Google Analytics. We can track things on both the user and account level

What do you dislike?

- Pathing and funnel report are not very helpful. Not robust and difficult to get information you need out of them

- Visual editor could be MUCH more user friendly. Since the tool is intended to be used for non-developers it would be nice if we could create campaigns in the editor and not in the source code area.

- Ability to A/B test and measure the impact of product changes before releasing to 100% of users.

- Ability to add marketing banners/promotions when new features release. Using Evergage's segmentation, we can target the specific users or accounts so we can have more targeted and personalized messaging.

- Recruiting for market research- again using segmentation and personalization

- Ability to capture in product feedback from beta testers

- Ability to track in product usage and adoption of new features

Evergage review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Fantastic platform with all sorts of features"

What do you like best?

I really like all the features the platform has to offer, we have had evergage for about 2 months now and have not even begun to scratch the surface on what this tool can offer.

What do you dislike?

While the platform is easy to navigate it can sometimes be confusing, especially when the support pages are on 2 different websites. If you google a question it will link to their old support site, some of the support documents are outdated even if they are only a few months old. Support in general is kind of slow, I get the feeling there are not a whole lot of people that work in support. It will take 24+ hours to get a reply and that can cause a log jam when you are trying to implement a new tool. Also getting updated from support would be nice, even if it's just hey , we haven't found the cause yet but are still looking into it, that would be nice to hear instead of nothing at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an amazing platform with almost no limits, it takes a long time to get set up and it makes it more difficult when you are trying to launch a new website at the same time as on-boarding this tool. It is well worth the effort in the beginning. While support takes a while to get back to you, know that they are working on your issue even if you don't hear from them.

Giving our website viewers a chance to customize their experience how they see fit. This has uncovered a whole lot of data and is allowing us to provide prospects with the content they want instead of us trying to figure out what they want.

Evergage review by User in Financial Services

"Great product"

What do you like best?

I have utilized Evergage to help serve up a relevant lightbox to capture email addresses for new customers only. This campaign helps us gain customer leads, and filters through potential existing customers who would be purchasing without the incentive coupon attached to the campaign. My colleague's use this to help serve a better experience to our customers on our website, which has lead to more efficient campaigns overall.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to have more integrations with Act-On (the ESP), but I understand that our marketing automation tool is new so our integrations are what they are. Otherwise, no complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My colleagues have used other personalization tools in the past, and they seem happiest with Evergage. In my own personal experience, the tool will be a welcomed addition to my email marketing efforts.

More behavioral based marketing. We want to be relevant with our customers and knowing their online behavior, as well as purchasing behavior helps with that.

Evergage review by Nimesh P.
Nimesh P.

"Driving 1:1 Personalization through Evergage improved Conversion, Avg Order Value & Revenue"

What do you like best?

Powerful yet easy to use platform

Customer Service - Willingness of Evergage's Client team to go above & beyond

Deep 1:1 customer insights

Personalization across channels - Online & Email

Machine Learning Recommendation Engine

Pro activeness of Client Success team to recommend new campaigns

What do you dislike?

So far so good. The slight issue that I had was around changing the Product Offering but that has since been sorted

Recommendations to others considering the product

The key for me was the ease of their platform and their engagement

1:1 Personalization

Recommendation Engine

Real-time Engagement with Exit Intent or Cart Abandonment

Deeper understanding of our customers

Evergage has resulted in improvement in conversion, average order value, engagement and revenue

Evergage review by Josh S.
Josh S.

"Easy To Use With Endless Possibilities"

What do you like best?

Evergage is very powerful, extremely versatile, and easy to use. I've used it for 4 years for a reason.

What do you dislike?

There are a few interface tweaks that could make Evergage even better. Minor issues though.

A/B & multivariate testing, segmenting, personalization, recommendations, deep analytics.

Our websites have all seen significant increases in revenue by using Evergage.

Evergage review by Cameron C.
Cameron C.

"A powerful, intuitive tool to drive the performance of your website"

What do you like best?

At a product-level, Evergage allows us to create personalized experiences on our corporate website based on who the visitor is (e.g. company, industry, company size, geographic location, etc.) as well as what they do on our site (e.g. start but don't complete form fill out, view a specific page, watch a video, etc.). We initially were only looking for visitor profile, but once we started using the platform we quickly found that the behavior targeting is a powerful tool for engaging users. At a company level, we've gotten fantastic support from Evergage. We have a dedicated customer success manager. She helped us get started with the tool and it's easy for my team to schedule time with her when they encounter more complicated questions.

What do you dislike?

The WSYSIWYG editor can modify any existing page on your website, but it works using a browser plugin. As long as you use the same computer with the browser plugin there's no issue, but it definitely makes it harder to make a quick edit if you're using another computer. I'd prefer the editor to be embedded in the web app.

We did a lot of A/B testing on our website using another tool and reached a point where we saw diminishing returns. There's enormous value in doing A/B testing in addition to personalization but each successive test was delivering smaller improvements to our key metrics. It's clear we were optimizing the site for the overall best version of a page, but there were likely better versions for different types of visitors. That's why we embarked on this project to customize our site experience for each visitor, similar to how the content on Amazon's site looks different for each user. Evergage supports both A/B testing and personalization in one platform, so if we did things over again we would have deployed Evergage when we first started doing A/B testing.

Evergage review by Laura T.
Laura T.

"Fairly simple to use, great intel on usage of our software"

What do you like best?

Great ability to understand what users are doing with our software, can get very granular in terms of pages viewed, actions taken, etc. Also very beneficial to add in-app messaging such as feature updates, instructions, welcome messages, and more.

What do you dislike?

some of the CSS doesn't mesh with our own application CSS, so that makes it more clunky to work with. It's more an issue on our end but I wish there was a better way to make sure they worked together.

Also we used to have Evergage on our marketing site but now we use HubSpot and it doesn't work, so that's disappointing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product for software applications - they are also making a lot of improvements regularly and have many more options now, although we only use the customer success product at the moment. Support is fantastic and although they are growing rapidly they are still very customer-focused which is a refreshing change.

Full features don't work properly in Explorer but that is not unique to this software so it can be overlooked. Also the support system they use doesn't work half the time (window doesn't show up properly, suggested responses are unrelated) but if you call them or email directly their response time and staff are excellent.

Understanding software application usage. Better visibility into customer and trial accounts usage of our system, so we can provide customized training, reach out to customers whose usage has declined to make sure there aren't any issues, and classify our trial accounts better to close more sales.

Evergage review by Eric H.
Eric H.

"Very useful, powerful, must have tool"

What do you like best?

The people behind the app. Always super nice, and willing to help. I am also very pleased with the ease of use and alerting.

Ease of use is important, because we have various teams using Evergage. With it being easy to onboard, our staff is able to get the most out of the data quickly.

Alerting is another very useful feature. For example, we setup alerts when customer usage drops. Not just all customers, but each customer specifically. This in turn allows our support team to be proactive and engage with the customers to ensure they are getting the most of their account.

What do you dislike?

It's nothing special to Evergage, all software apps suffer from this - but the bugs that creep in, however they never linger that long.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize the API. We're able to pull data from either side into a nice in-house utility screen.

We are able to capture customer use or our app, not just paying customers, but trial customers as well. This is extremely useful for trends, what is being utilized in the app, and what is not. Otherwise, you're flying blind.

Evergage review by Sarah F.
Sarah F.

"Great tool in theorty, but hard to make it work with marketing automation"

What do you like best?

I love the IDEA of Evergage. And there is so much I'd like to try out and test. We implemented an opt-in pop-up on our blog and increased our newsletter sign-ups tremendously. Our product team is using it on the product side to much success, but we have struggled to get this going on the Marketing side.

What do you dislike?

We were told that it "easily integrates with Marketo (our marketing automation platform). This was not the case for us. It took 3 meetings, including one with a developer, to get the pop-up on our Blog to work properly with Marketo. And if could absolutely not replicate this myself if I ever wanted to get another form working elsewhere. For us, most of the value comes from this important integration- as we already have worked many years to get a large, known database of cookies users through Marketo. So, to have to start over and re-cookie everyone again in Evergage is just not an option. So, sadly we haven't done much with it as of yet...

I also felt like we weren't given much help or guidance throughout onboarding and deployment. As a provider of a software platform ourselves, we are constantly looking at new customer adoption. Are they using the product? Have they set up what they needed to? And we proactively reach out to make sure this gets done. I didn't feel like we had this support from Evergage. We have done nothing but set-up one opt-in pop up on our blog (which was extremely time-consuming), and noone ever reached out to try to help us get more use out of the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I see the potential for this product! I know it could be SO great for our marketing team. We have just struggled with getting it set up due to integration problems and lack of guidance. But we haven't given up! We are going to reach out and re-engage with them and try to get more use out of it. I know there is potential for tremendous benefits.

None as of yet! Just a pop-up on our blog to get more opt-ins.

Evergage review by Ben A.
Ben A.

"A User Friendly Personalization Platform"

What do you like best?

The level of specificity in how both user segments and campaigns are created is very deep. If I wanted to display content only to people who work at Ben & Jerry's within the state of Vermont and who have also never visited my website and are coming to my site via a search engine, I could do it, and fairly easily.

The setup of campaigns is also very user friendly. There is a WYSIWYG component to it, which seems to work well, and then you can modify the direct source code of the campaigns as well (which is how I do it).

What do you dislike?

The support documentation is a bit lacking at this point. They have a newer website for support, but the old website is still active in Google search results. So most of the time if you Google something, the results that come up are the old site, which is annoying. I will say though that the in person support is very good and very responsive. I just personally prefer trying to figure things out myself, and the documentation makes that a bit difficult at this point.

They do seem to actively be working to improve this however.

The other small issue is that a lot of Evergage's focus appears to be on the B2C space, while my company is B2B. Some of the labels within the interface sort of assume you are a B2C company, which is easy enough to work around, but again, somewhat annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it's a good platform. We evaluated several platforms while in the process of choosing Evergage, and they 'won' our evaluation.

We are trying to tailor a B2B website to different audiences. Mainly targeting content to user segments broken down by:

- Industry

- Geo Location

- User Persona

Evergage review by Maia B.
Maia B.

"The best platform in the industry"

What do you like best?

There are many features to like it is difficult to choose one. What has been the most beneficial to my client is being able to create multiple campaigns and limiting campaign views based off visitor activity. Evergage collects a lot of data which makes it easier to create campaigns you might not have thought about before.

What do you dislike?

The campaign designer can be challenging to use but Evergage's technical team is always ready to fix whatever issue you have. Most of my issues were caused by my own website's CSS and the technical team was quick to find the issue and adjust their code for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's important that you find a solution that allows you to control who and how often someone sees your campaign message. Website visitors aren't always going to come to your site through your homepage so why wouldn't you want to tailor messaging to their needs? Avoid showing the same message on every page. Avoid showing the same message too many times to the same person. Evergage has a lot of segmentation capabilities so they are worth the cost. I've researched lower cost platforms only to realize that basic segmenting such as only showing the message once per visitor wasn't a capability. The lower cost is not worth the aggravation you'll cause your consumers if your message isn't segmented based off their activities.

Evergage helps us in reaching consumers with the right message. Since using Evergage, we now have a better understanding of why consumers visit our websites.

Evergage review by Alex F.
Alex F.

"Boost engagement and lead gen of your blog"

What do you like best?

Like how you can segment readers based on previous actions and display additional content (say a banner, "pop up" or slide in message) to improve registrations and subscriptions. Know your audience and better provide relevant information.

A/B testing of different images or content.

Ability to incrementally improve functionality not built into blogging platform first go-round.

What do you dislike?

As I was only the recommender, and am not a daily user of the tool, I can't really speak to much to the dislikes, but have heard the tool was a bit difficult to learn in the beginning and speed to deployment of an idea wasn't as fast as we would have liked, but I know there have been user experience improvements since we purchased. I will also say that the main users of the tool were co-op students who were replaced every 6 months and for the time spent with the tool, they did a fine job. Recommend a FTE learning the tool to avoid knowledge transfer.

Not only does Evergage improve our ability to make changes to a non-CMS website more quickly, but the segmentation enables the team to display just what they want to each customer or prospective buyer. Improving the "what, to whom, when" issue.

Saw a 4x improvement in monthly subscribers to our blog, which is considered best in class for a B2B software company, and drives more traffic than the website. Content is thought leadership and highly educational/value add for IT and LOB leadership looking to improve how they manage their teams, projects and processes.

Evergage review by Bob K.
Bob K.

"Evergage adds significant value to ecommerce businesses!"

What do you like best?

The personalization engine is proving to be an invaluable tool to not only help understand customer behavior but to easily allow a non-technical user of Evergage to use these insights to personalize the online experience for the customer to drive an outcome.

What do you dislike?

It takes a fair amount of configuration to make it useful, to get to the point where you can demonstrate ROI. Once you're there it's an outstanding tool in the marketer's arsenal, but it does take some time to get there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get an internal champion to help support the rapid adoption of Evergage throughout the organization. Getting to a positive ROI as quickly as possible will help the overall program.

Make sure you have both technical and web development resources available to build and implement content.

Make sure you integrate Evergage and associated campaigns into your release management process, both from a compliance perspective, and from an adoption perspective. We've found that our dev community has reservations with using a tool like Evergage, which can change the UX, essentially without the need to involve a dev. Address this quickly.

Action naming conventions also make sense from the beginning.

Obtaining user-level insight within our anonymous and named customer base to help model expected and desired behavior. The goal is to improve conversion by understanding behavior.

We're early in the process of integrating Evergage through the business (CRM, email, online, data warehouse), and are only now getting to using for online conversion optimization, and augmenting lead conversion. Stay tuned, we have high expectations.

Evergage review by Austin M.
Austin M.

"Evergage - A Complex and Wonderful Platform"

What do you like best?

I love the flexibility to do different things on our site and in our product.

We test popups all the time, use EG for guides, walkthroughs and callouts and track it all in the product!

Also important to note that with a product so complex, you need good support. EG has that in spades. Their Customer Success team and Tech Support staff are prompt, knowledgeable, and understand business goals.

What do you dislike?

the WYSIWYG needs work. They are continuously improving it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be creative, test everything using EG, and utilize their success/ support team to implement

Leadgen, Customer Success, Surveying,

Evergage review by Randhir V.
Randhir V.

"Powerful, effective and complex"

What do you like best?

Evergage is a very powerful tool that can do almost anything we need it to do. Their customer support is fantastic and has been a great partner in understanding our goals and how to use the tool to get there. We use it on our website and in our product.

What do you dislike?

The UI is pretty complex, so be prepared to invest in learning its capabilities and how to use it. The message WYSIWYG editor is pretty sad, so we just edit our messages in HTML.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If this is a good fit for your goals, it is a great product. Make sure you have an "owner" for the Evergage implementation. Write down your list of goals and make the time to learn the product. We created several tutorials for our team to use it internally.

Conversion optimization, awareness about new features, targeted messages to specific groups of users, etc.

Evergage review by Kendra J.
Kendra J.

"Amazing software with endless possibilities"

What do you like best?

I like how easy Evergage is to set up and start using. The onboarding time is short and they are constantly updating their product to better serve their customers. My account lead is incredibly helpful and they are always willing to help set up campaigns and give ideas on how to optimize.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I find the visual editor frustrating to use, but it's still a great feature!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Evergage is a great tool and so easy to use. The constant updates make Evergage a great product that you will always find something new to try out in it.

We are increasing our user engagement, Facebook fans and email sign ups! We are realizing that we don't always know the best way to target our customers and Evergage is great at helping us figure out how best to target them.

Evergage review by Administrator in Computer & Network Security
Administrator in Computer & Network Security

"Have used it for more than a year now. It's GREAT tool with Amazing support team!"

What do you like best?

The overall idea and concept, ability to schedule campaigns and the reporting dashboard.

What do you dislike?

Reporting discrepancies. No ability for web devs to select and change source code per experience. It's not really time efficient to do everything thru visual editor when you need to change entire div's code. Sliders are turning out to be a bit tricky to personalize.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely please add the ability for web developers to tweak source code for pages per experience in a campaign setup.

We are still in the process of setting up initial campaigns. There have been some UI issues but onboarding team is great and always looking for ways to help. Really appreciate our account manager's helping attitude. As far as the campaign and personalization goals and benefits go, it's too early to review those.

Evergage review by Rachel K.
Rachel K.

"Using Evergage for Analytics as a UX designer"

What do you like best?

I like Evergage's ability to create segments of all kinds and quickly do analysis on many different variables - number of visits, number of uses of a particular feature, duration of visit, etc. Also, the ability to integrate with Salesforce has been very key in my company, since Salesforce is a heavily-used tool, so it's great to have some application use data in there. Evergage also has a great (and very enthusiastic) product support team, and most of the time, my questions are addressed relatively quickly.

What do you dislike?

We are using Evergage primarily for analytics, but the direction of the company seems to be more geared toward personalization and campaigns. I think this is great for marketers, but as a UX designer who wants to see how our customers are using our product, the campaign features are not as useful for me. I would love the ability to do more sophisticated analytics with Evergage, especially to be able to track common user paths through our product, which Evergage doesn't do that well right now.

We're trying to understand how our users are using our product - how often do they log in, how long do they stay logged in for, what are their most common actions when they get there, which actions do they tend to take in which order. Evergage is great for the login piece, but could be improved at helping us to understand which paths users are taking through our application.

Evergage review by Brian R.
Brian R.

"Evergage helped me reduce churn!"

What do you like best?

How powerful the tool is. With evergage we are able to analyze customer's behavior, score customer engagement to predict churn, and engage our customers directly in the app. We're not limited to just one of those benefits and this is providing a ton of value to our organization.

On top of this, the real power is in how it enables non engineers to customize a customer's experience in-app. Our marketing team is the best at copy and knows our space better than anyone else - so we want to enable them to write copy so the CS team can get it into the product and designed well. At the same time product needs to be involved to make sure the message fits w/ the design and aesthetic. With Evergage we can get everything done and get it set up for approval - now all product need to do is sign-off and we're live.

What do you dislike?

With power comes complication, so you need to take some time to learn Evergage to get the most out of it. It's not too complicated as I successfully had an intern creating messages for us, but there is a learning curve.

We are reducing churn by engaging customers at the point of churn. We're getting in front of them with messaging to convince them to stay with us - and it's working. Instead of waiting until after they cancel, this new approach gets them to stop and think about whether or not they want to cancel, and many have opted not to!

Now we're in the process of working on getting upgrades - if we can succeed there then we'll have reduced churn by hitting it from both ends - preventing cancels and getting upsells.

Evergage review by Executive Sponsor in Real Estate
Executive Sponsor in Real Estate

"Evergage is a great tool for personalizing customer experience"

What do you like best?

The client engagement team who help us implement campaigns. Very thorough process, smart people who think through solution before implementing.

What do you dislike?

the self-service interface could be easier to use and customize treatments. i don't have a very technical team so this has been somewhat of a challenge.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know what you want to get from the software, have a few use cases you can give to the evergage team so they can let you know if the product is right for you.

We try to alter our customer flow through our website and deeper into the lead funnel. We have seen increases across the board as it relates to customer engagement when using evergage treatments.

Evergage review by Elise B.
Elise B.

"Sharing Targeted Messages with Evergage"

What do you like best?

Evergage makes it easy for us to let our customers know about new features and enhancements.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, Evergage can be slow and it is a very robust solution. I wish there was more training so we could be sure that our team is making the most of all that Evergage has to offer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to make sure you've thought through how you want to use it and that you've implemented it to reach those goals from day 1.

We use Evergage as a way to educate our customers about new features and enhancements. It's great because we can make sure we're targeting our customers who'd be most interested in those features and that we're doing at a time where they're more likely to be engaged.

Evergage review by Rachel P.
Rachel P.

"Evergage is a fantastic partner, offering a stellar product"

What do you like best?

The team at Evergage is responsive and the tools and product offered are top of the line.

What do you dislike?

We hope for great new features in the future and have no negative feedback.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We are excited to see the great things on the product roadmap and recommend Evergage to anyone that loves collaborative partners.

Evergage offers us the ability to provide a dynamic experience on our site and perform successful content testing, providing us increased conversion.

Evergage review by Raymond W.
Raymond W.

"A better overview of what your customers are doing?"

What do you like best?

I found Evergage so much easier to integrate than other personalization software that I have used. It provided usable information almost immediately. Additionally, they seem to understand where their opportunity lies and the software seems to be moving that direction.

What do you dislike?

I think the way you target customers could be improved. It's unique to them and can lead to people not understanding the system as well as they could

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software can be as advanced or as simple as you need it to be. As your knowledge grows, so will your appreciation of this platform.

We are trying to improve our CRO. We are using some site changes, some personalization and some advanced A/B Testing.

Evergage review by User in Internet

"Super helpful but hard to use"

What do you like best?

I like being able to directly message my customers in their account. Instead of having to reach out to them via email I can just put a message up in their account and have them either 1. get the information I need to share or 2. have them sign up to participate in a variety of testing activities.

I also like that I can give my customers messages when they most need to see them. If I was just emailing them they would be getting information out of context, Evergage lets me give them the same message right when it pertains to what they are doing.

Evergage also lets me see who is doing what in the system, so I know how to better target my messages.

The Support team at Evergage is very helpful!

What do you dislike?

Setting up message from scratch is very difficult. The visual editor is super difficult to use, so if you don't know HTML or have CSS skills making a nice looking message is difficult. It is also a bit convoluted figuring out how to make segments that are attached to messages, then creating actions that you want the message buttons to do. Once you've memorized the steps it is easy enough, but it is a lot to learn.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to easily reach out to customers giving them information what pertains to what they are doing, when they are doing it, Evergage is a great tool.

If reaching out to customers is very cumbersome and doesn't get a good response rate, I would say you should try Evergage and put message up where your customers will see them.

If you want to have a better view into how your customers are using your product Evergage gives you tools to get greater insight.

We use evergage to:

1. insert help links, messages and videos into the product

2. inform customers of system updates and improvements

3. reach out to customers to get into contact with them

This all saves us a lot of time and has a higher success rate than just emailing customers and hoping they read our content.

Evergage review by Executive Sponsor in Online Media
Executive Sponsor in Online Media

"SVP Revenue Operations & Ad Products"

What do you like best?

We've had great customer service. I like the flexibility of the Evergage team and willingness to adopt the product for our business needs. We started using the product for one of the e-commerce sides of our business and seen a good lift from the product. Need to be able to push further, but are resource constrained on our side. Hoping to rectify that soon.

What do you dislike?

System can be challenging to learn and have restrictions around how and where we can deploy recipes. The system is built for e-commerce so there need to be more flexible features when dealing with different business initiatives, which evergage has been open to hearing product ideas and enhancements about. There are also some challenges in understanding the attribution funnels, but I think this will get easier with more use of the system.

Increasing loyalty and engagement in the publishing side of our business. How do we recognize a users behavior or intent and serve them messaging or content to increase their User Experience. Also helpful in bridging the gap between our subscription products and publishing products. How do we increase both explicit revenue (buy a physical product) and implicit revenue (visiting an advertising supported areas of our consumer sites).

User in Retail

"Great way to add personalized messaging to your website"

What do you like best?

*You can get really, really specific segments and target unique messaging to those segments.

*The customer service is excellent. Our account reps are responsive and helpful.

*We have gotten some really great wins by using their personalized messaging tools.

What do you dislike?

*The UI is clunky and unintuitive; however, I understand this is something they are working on as they build out more robust developer tools.

*You need experienced developers to program messaging. This is not really something a marketer without coding experience could easily or realistically use to its potential.

Recommendations to others considering the product

*Have a front end developer on your staff that will be helping you code personalized messaging, etc in Evergage.

We use Evergage to target personalized messaging to our members. This includes abandoned cart messaging, hyper-personalized messages regarding free shipping offers, etc.

We have realized a lot of benefits in the form of conversion lift via this messaging as well as their trending products tools.

Evergage review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Great product, evolving into a real game-changer"

What do you like best?

I like that the company is dedicated so much to its clients and to a product that will work with anything their clients want to do. They've been extremely responsive to our requests, extremely patient and helpful with our needs for support, and have amazed us again and again with their flexibility.

What do you dislike?

Company and product is still evolving, and bugs do appear from time to time. For the most part, Evergage has been quick to release patches or find workarounds until they can fix.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to add real-time personalization to your website and are wary of adding several different applications that may or may not work well together, Evergage is a pretty sure bet that it will cover a lot of your needs and work well with other software.

A single product to provide real-time, on-site responsiveness to a variety of customer cues to provide a one-to-one feel for visitors, while at the same time gathering further information to help develop new

Evergage review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"An excellent tool"

What do you like best?

Evergage is a new channel that you can plug in over existing assets, it makes it easy to reach beyond your exiting infrastructure and try new things.

What do you dislike?

There is a learning curve when it comes to taking full advantage of everything Evergage has to offer, it very much benefits from having a specialist.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend defining a specialist role to implement, update and maintain the product tree for Evergage. Maintaining consistency in implementations and deployment improves the use of the data and the actionability of the insights you gain.

Contact Center call and AHT reduction, development resource utilization improvements, Analytics and customer behavioral insights.

Evergage review by Ajmal K.
Ajmal K.

"Increased Our Site Wide Conversion Rate"

What do you like best?

The granular targeting, a/b testing, and the way messages can be customized by user so many different user behavior without needing to code

What do you dislike?

Reliance on a browser specific addon is a drawback. So is the fact that you can't yet create segments out of other segments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product, but will require some dedication to get the desired ROI. It's not a hands-off tool. You should aim to launch 5-10 campaigns a week to see what works.

We've seen a 15-20% increase in site wide conversion (someone filling out a form). The combination of on-page personalization and timely messages has had a measurable impact on the website performance.

User in Retail

"Powerful with simple user interface"

What do you like best?

The ability to be very granular in all our campaigns, and the super support of the Everage success team - they are really passionate about the software and it shows in their commitment to their clients' successes.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to be able to see the reporting/data in a way that quicker and easier to understand

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its constantly evolving and improving to try to be the one stop shop for personalization needs

We use Evergage to implement personalization campaigns with as little internal developer resources as possible. We wanted to deliver a dynamic and unique experience to each customer.

Evergage review by Todd B.
Todd B.

"Evergage: a use-case for a robust web application"

What do you like best?

We use Evergage mainly for in-app marketing campaigns and engagement tracking. In particular, I built a rather unique task list using an Evergage that functions as our initial onboarding process for our low-touch customers that has been very successful.

What do you dislike?

There are times when the overall engagement score for our web application users seems to vary without an apparent reason why. The total number of actions and active users will increase, but the engagement score will decrease.

The two main business problems we try to solve with Evergage are direct, in-app messaging to our customers and monitoring of their usage of our web application.

Evergage review by April C.
April C.

"Easy to work with, quick to act, forward thinking company."

What do you like best?

I like that they bring ideas to the table to help enhance the work we're doing with them.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I had never heard of them before. I'd like to see them market themselves more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time to understand the product and all that it has to offer so you can maximize your experience with them.

Our website is currently on an IT freeze. The Evergage system has allowed us to make needed changes to the site to continue on with our revenue goals to sell more and more homes on our home auction website. That's almost priceless.

Evergage review by Sam C.
Sam C.

"The next big tool for marketing"

What do you like best?

We use Evergage to connect on a personal level with our customer base. It has helped us identify what actions our customer personas perform in our application, and just as important, what actions they haven't performed. The tool then allows us to message directly to our customers and steer them towards using new features so that they get the most out of our application.

The best part about Evergage is that the messaging we serve up is very receptive. Because we are only showing messaging to users that should see it, it doesn't come across as spam. It's just helpful.

What do you dislike?

So far I haven't found the limit to what this tool can do. And while that's a great thing, there's a learning curve when you first start using it. There are so many opportunities at your fingertips and so many different ways you can go about achieving them. I would have benefited from a structured on-boarding. And I know new hires who have joined my company would also benefit from this. It would have cut down the time it takes to master the tool and allow you to get the most value out of it as quickly as possible. I know they have worked on this since my company first signed up though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When you sign up for Evergage, make sure you have a clear owner of it on your company's end. You want someone on to become an in-house expert and spend the majority of their day in the tool. It's really amazing how much value you can get out of this tool. You just need to make sure you have the bandwidth.

- To increase adoption rate of our features in the application.

- To monitor customer engagement in our application.

- To increase trialer to customer conversion rate.

Evergage review by User in Venture Capital & Private Equity
User in Venture Capital & Private Equity

"Evergage"

What do you like best?

There is so much data and information that comes with this tool. You can write just about any campaign into code and have it show up on your static website.

What do you dislike?

The UX isn't great, campaign set up isn't very intuitive. Hard to build anything without code. Customer service is aggressive and makes it harder to engage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best outcomes if you use code.

Personalize our website to specific audiences

Evergage review by Kim W.
Kim W.

"Evergage RTM for Ladbrokes Coral Group"

What do you like best?

It's possible to customize the website exactly to the customer's behaviour, and get data on how and when they visit the site.

What do you dislike?

The software can be a bit illogical to navigate through when setting up a RTM campaign.

We're getting more insight into the customer's needs and can select what information should be shown to special customers.

Evergage review by User

"Endless Potential "

What do you like best?

I love how agile of an organization they are and how creativity they meet the customers needs.

What do you dislike?

Some of the UX can be confusing at first but they are constantly iterating and making improvements.

Customer engagement and lead generation. We have been able to turn our website into a lead machine. ROI so far is incredible.

Evergage review by Dan D.
Dan D.

"Rethinking how we communicate with customers"

What do you like best?

Evergage allows my Inbound Marketing Team to think about ways to further segment our customers and provide relevant messaging. The tool allows us to just jump in and build out campaigns without all the development resources we've needed in the past. In addition, their team has been available every step of the way to answer out questions, provide recommendations, and help us implement best practices. No matter what your marketing goals are, Evergage can help your campaign performance.

What do you dislike?

The mobile experience has been frustrating but they're working on making this easier. It often requires that we need to build multiple campaigns to accommodate various platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would go into with goals, read case studies, and see what other companies are doing. this will help you build a great road map.

My B2B organization is focused on getting visitors to attend industry tradeshows.

Evergage review by Aaron N.
Aaron N.

"Very easy to use, deceptively powerful"

What do you like best?

The easy to share graphical statistics give a solid sense of reassurance that you are on the right path and provide an easy way to share with others. The help section is very well done and make you realized there is sooooo much you could be doing.

What do you dislike?

I wish the visual editor was more polished.. and accounted for a wider variety of code base types.

Personalization, ... specifically, weather targeting.

Evergage review by Jacob C.
Jacob C.

"Fantastic way to onboard, promote self help and analyze customer data"

What do you like best?

We love being able to use Everage to quickly add in custom campaigns and JS for testing new ideas and track existing campaigns.

What do you dislike?

Building reports for survey's can be difficult. When sending back the survey data we have to build a special report for the survey.

We are using Evergage to help onboard customers, reduce churn and reduce contacts. We have had to build a bunch of our own logic, but the outcome is very impressive. We were able to build these campaigns in a week, rather than the months it would typically take.

Evergage review by James M.
James M.

"Excellent Personalization tool "

What do you like best?

The ability to target specific segments with personalized content and campaigns easily and without any development effort required.

What do you dislike?

The tool comes with so much functionality it can be a struggle to try and do and use it to the max with a smaller team.

Personalisation and A|B testing.

Learn more about Evergage

Evergage Videos

Learning about Evergage?

* We monitor all Evergage reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.