Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

(22 reviews)

Everlaw is a litigation platform, beginning with ediscovery, by making cutting-edge technology accessible with elegant, intuitive design.

Work for Everlaw?

Learning about Everlaw?

Compare Everlaw to Similar Solutions

Everlaw Reviews

Ask Everlaw a Question
Showing 23 Everlaw reviews
Everlaw review by Marie S.
Marie S.

"Consistently Pleased with Everlaw's Existing and Expanding Features"

What do you like best?

Everlaw does a great job of listening to user feedback and working continuously to provide a better product that remains easy to use. When I have difficulty or am unsure how to do (or sometimes undo!) something, the Everlaw support staff are always pleasant and responsive. The product has a very quick learning curve without sacrificing functionality! Everlaw makes the often-challenging task of large document review projects much more manageable and greatly cuts down on the time involved.

What do you dislike?

There is very little I have disliked about Everlaw, and what there has been has mostly already been addressed by the developers. I'd like more nuanced functionality with batch tagging, particularly with families, and an even more streamlined coding panel. However, I am confident these are in the works.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it and you'll make the switch.

Getting new users up to speed and coding quickly is one of the best features, saving time and money. Making running document productions a breeze, including later corrections to those batches such as when documents are de-designated.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Everlaw
Everlaw review by Stacie D.
Stacie D.

"Everlaw is the most user-friendly and versatile platform I have ever used."

What do you like best?

The user-friendly appearance/interface of the platform. It looks like something that a non-techy person would be familiar with, rather than some sort of complicated operating system that looks like you need to know how to write code to use. I also love that I can get the video tutorials for anything I need to do from the YouTube channel.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the appearance/sizing has to be repeatedly adjusted as you go through docs. Also, the fact that sometimes a doc opens in a different window and sometimes does not leads me to accidentally closing it out when I don't mean to. Maybe a different color frame would help, I don't know.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are considering it, do it. It is SO much easier to use than anything else I've used.

All of my use is legal, but I guess from a business standpoint it is easy to collaborate across different offices remotely, and it is so handy to be able to pop in and see who is doing what in a matter.

What eDiscovery solution do you use?

Everlaw review by Ashley E.
Ashley E.

"Outstanding Case Management Software"

What do you like best?

I find EverLaw to be very user friendly, and the interface particularly easy to navigate. My favorite feature is the search feature and email trees, where you are able to search for key words and see chains of emails grouped together without having to review several similar emails. These features make navigating document heavy litigation much more manageable, and makes production a breeze, saving myself (and our clients) a lot of time and energy.

What do you dislike?

My largest concern with EverLaw is the cost to the clients. Whereas I would prefer every case to be uploaded and produced through EverLaw, I always have to keep the cost in mind including the additional storage fees and production fees which are forwarded on to the clients. Though EverLaw saves me so much time in document review, once we disclose the costs of utilizing EverLaw many clients prefer we do not use the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

EverLaw is the most beneficial case management software that I have experienced. It is a bit costly, and costly for clients, however, so I find its primary use to be most beneficial to large clients with document heavy litigation and discovery. Just as with any new software, it does require some training to understand and use it full potential.

In document heavy litigation EverLaw saves a lot of attorney and paralegal time, and allows that time to be used more efficiently. If used at its full capacity, EverLaw keep cases and discovery organized, easily searchable, and managed in order to provide better service to our clients.

Everlaw review by Lara G.
Lara G.

"eDiscovery Consultant"

What do you like best?

Everlaw is extremely user friendly. They clearly built the tool based on user experience and feedback because they've somehow been able to address all of the little annoying things that are built into other platforms. There is a lot of flexibility and customization within the tool but it is simple enough that you don't need to take a week long course to administer it. Also, the web-based portal allows quick and easy case set up and launch. I've also found that Everlaw's training and support team are extremely quick and thorough. This company and product stands out from the crowd in almost every way.

What do you dislike?

Inability to see Powerpoint speaker notes view in native files without imaging them or downloading the original.

An easy to use tool to conduct a large scale document reviews across multiple law firms.

Everlaw review by Phyllis C.
Phyllis C.

"Most Features of any Document Review Platform"

What do you like best?

It is easy to review documents on Everlaw. The features are many and here are just a few highlights. Reviewers can customize the review screen with the buttons used most frequently for a specific project and can choose their preferred location for the review panel. Translation from a foreign language to English is easy with a right-click in the text view of a document. The search function is flexible with dozens of parameter combinations to narrow a search. The internal email message system is easy to access and use. Reviewers can also create their own binders to refer back to useful documents. Decision logs can be stored directly on Everlaw binders. By far this is the most feature-packed platform this reviewer has ever used.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see a button or a function that automatically checks each batch for missing codes before checking the batch in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Everlaw continues to improve its product and responds to the customer's needs. It is easy to use and packed with features for the most complex projects. I highly recommend this platform.

Everlaw is easy to use for remote document review. The benefit is that more qualified people are able to participate in a particular review from remote locations.

Everlaw review by Administrator

"Ideal platform for complex litigation review"

What do you like best?

-The intuitiveness of the interface; coding and annotations right where you expect them to be

-Ease of integrating documents into deposition and case outlines

-Master Chronology is powerful tool for creating a case timelines

-Web-based platform means review can be done from almost any device with Internet access

What do you dislike?

-Deposition transcripts could be handled better; as it is, the best way to use them is to import a PDF of the entire transcript, which is clunky

-The Outline tool in StoryBuilder has had welcome upgrades, but could be made more powerful in terms of formatting (close to MS Word as possible)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider how you will integrate your deposition transcripts - that, in my view, is one of Everlaw's few weaknesses.

Having a powerful review tool to use in a case with limited resources. We have been able to unify as a team around the common coding features and review assignments. It has given us a good sense of what our best evidence is and where we needed to obtain more evidence.

"Everlaw is outstanding"

What do you like best?

I love that the site is user-friendly and uploading documents for processing is extremely easy. The Help section is extremely informative and even has videos. I can easily batch out documents to parties for review, put notes on documents, and easily review. Also, any time I have an issue, Byron has always walked me through them. He has given me several training sessions and has always gone out of his way to provide exceptional customer service.

What do you dislike?

I wish that Everlaw had longer hours. Many times we have emergencies that require late nights/weekends and Everlaw closes at 6 PT.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Everlaw. I believe you will find that it is far better than most platforms and extremely easy to use.

Everlaw is cost-effective. It is also very easy to use, even for non-tech savvy people. It is a breath of fresh air in terms of e-discovery.

Everlaw review by Tamara  G.
Tamara G.

"Best review platform I have used"

What do you like best?

User friendly, even for the technology-phobic. I have used at least a dozen review platforms and Everlaw is by far the best in every aspect. Communication across teams is convenient, coding is quick (the keyboard shortcuts are customizable and intuitive), and it seemed easy for the admins the adapt the coding panel and various options as needed.

What do you dislike?

I think the format/availability/location for things like memos and protocols could be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will not regret the switch to Everlaw.

Having multiple teams working remotely is a huge benefit for attorneys working on litigation projects, both for accessibility and convenience for busy professionals.

Everlaw review by User

"Everlaw is incredibly user-friendly, especially compared to competing products such as Relativity. "

What do you like best?

I appreciate that there is a number of ways for me to organize the documents I've reviewed, including storybuilders and binders. The Master Chronology saves me a great deal of time and allows me to quickly review all of the important documents in a case.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to bold and highlight the text in my storybuilder so I know which sections need more work.

I am able ot work seamlessly with colleagues across the nation by sharing my storybuilders. This allows us to share our narrative of the case much faster than simply coding.

Everlaw review by Administrator

"Great law review platform"

What do you like best?

Love the search engine. One of the most useful tools I've used in my practice of law. I also think the coding and tag shortcuts are very useful.

What do you dislike?

I think it should be slightly easier to group things by file location and also wish that the metadata searches worked a bit better. It can be a little bit of a crapshoot to search by send/receive fields, for example, or by file folders.

Primarily litigation discovery. It makes disclosures and document review much faster, and the coding and tags allow me to point colleagues to the right documents with ease.

Everlaw review by Administrator

"Fastest platform ever worked on"

What do you like best?

I really like the speed of the platform. This platform works well with the large size files as well. In case of heavy spreadsheet I find this platform fruitful for providing results.

What do you dislike?

Nothing as such, but there are some fields on which Ever law can add various features in order to attract more clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

yes, I recommend this platform for others.

I am member of review team, I provide document review services to law firms. The speed is quite good. The platform never hangs. The most important point here is, the maintenance time never takes more than 5 minutes.

Everlaw review by Amanda A.
Amanda A.

"Everlaw Evaluation"

What do you like best?

Everlaw is one of the better e-discovery softwares I have used. Very user friendly and intuitive.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how there is a native "version" and produced "version" of each document and that the default is for both to populate in a search.

Being able to upload and run productions myself saves our clients money, which they appreciate!

Everlaw review by User

"User Friendly e-Discovery Platform"

What do you like best?

The ability to collaborate and synch documents via Story Builder Outlines

What do you dislike?

It's handling of deposition transcripts is clunky. It is too bad that they have to be uploaded in .pdf format and that excerpts of depositions can't be coded for specific issues, such that you are directed to the specific page that the issue relates to automatically and have the ability to download/import that section of the transcript.

Uploading document productions is very efficient.

"Excellent. "

What do you like best?

The ease that you can organize and find your discovery. I can sort collections into Witness binders or Subject Binders that make it easy to review,

What do you dislike?

Needs to have a stand alone version also for small projects. Sometimes that cost of using Everlaw for small cases less than 5 gigabyte cannot be justified. Would like to see a standalone version or a Everlaw lite system for small cases.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the Binder feature to help organize collections

Being able to manage E-Discovery better than other programs I have used in the past.

Everlaw review by User

"Everlaw Review - better than competing platforms"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. I'm an attorney who has used a half-dozen document review platforms over the years and Everlaw is far and away the best. It is intuitive and the story-builder feature is very useful. Would definitely chose Everlaw over the competition in the future.

What do you dislike?

Honestly - nothing! Everlaw has worked well for me and I have no complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Much easier to use than competing document review platforms.

Document review for civil litigation. Story Builder feature is very useful.

Everlaw review by Administrator

"Fast review with the ease of self upload"

What do you like best?

I love how quickly a reviewer can move from document to document and the way that everlaw allows the user to craft searches

What do you dislike?

I think everlaw might benefit from developing support packages for reviewers that want more hands on support for complex litigation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

it is cost effective and fast this is a no brainer.

It saves review time and cuts in town currier costs because we can now upload all data to the review platform ourselves.

Everlaw review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"Easy, Intuitive Document System"

What do you like best?

It's very simple to upload, produce, search for, and manage documents.

What do you dislike?

While the platform is intuitive, it may actually have too many features! The videos are helpful but there are so many.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A great option for a litigation with a smaller budget, or anyone who likes to be able to control their own document production.

This allows a firm to easily control how and when documents are produced without having to run everything through the vendor.

Everlaw review by Administrator

"Lean platform with great customer service"

What do you like best?

Even though I have complete review and production control and capabilities, the system is still quick and lean. And the platform handles huge databases flawlessly.

What do you dislike?

Back-end support can sometimes be an opaque and frustrating process,

Everlaw's flexibility is perfect for our class action practice. We take in and process large volumes of documents from corporate clients, but also produce small batches of documents on behalf of plaintiffs. Everlaw handles either end of this discovery pipeline effectively.

Everlaw review by User

"Easy to use, fast, great analytics"

What do you like best?

The interface is excellent. The platform is very fast, and there are a host of tagging shortcuts that speed up review even more. I also really like the analytics, esp. the predictive coding/ranking tool.

What do you dislike?

Very little, actually. The review interface is unlike other discovery databases and takes a little getting used to. But once you get used to it, it's great.

Reviewing, producing, and analyzing documents in connection with major litigation.

Everlaw review by Administrator in Law Practice
Administrator in Law Practice

"Very user friendly "

What do you like best?

The program is very user friendly. I like the email threading features and de-duplication.

What do you dislike?

Technical support can sometimes be slow to respond.

Litigation document review.

Everlaw review by Administrator

"Great Platform, needs minor tweaks"

What do you like best?

speed, usability, powerful features, ease of coding

What do you dislike?

complex/wildcard searches are difficult to craft; identifying and bulk coding duplicate docs and incomplete email chains needs work

Recommendations to others considering the product

See above,

saving time and money performing large scale document review and analysis

"Excellent Product"

What do you like best?

Easy of use; ability to create tags on the fly; ability to easily do productions

What do you dislike?

Deposition outline formatting and conversion could be better;

Saves time and money

Everlaw review by Administrator in Law Practice
Administrator in Law Practice

"Useful but definitely not the best"

What do you like best?

High end functionality with a very high value proposition

What do you dislike?

Ease of use is less than ideal, significant learning curve

Legal documents management

* We monitor all Everlaw reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Everlaw to Similar Solutions