Evernote

(1,148)

Remember everything. Capture Everything. Access anywhere. Find things fast.

Work for Evernote?

Learning about Evernote?

Evernote Reviews

Ask Evernote a Question
Showing 1,153 Evernote reviews
Evernote review by Jennifer W.
Jennifer W.

"My Favorite Piece of Technology for Work"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity the best! I also use their Search function a lot, because I take TONS of notes! Using the Search function gets me to where I need to be quickly. And that’s important when I’m trying to jot something down before I forget it. The interface is so simple, yet beautiful. It’s not complicated or overwhelming. They offer the same text capabilities as any other document interface (formatting options, bullet points or number lists, linking, etc.). Users have the ability to upload PDFs or other documents to their notes, as well as connect Evernote to Google Drive for linking relevant projects. It also has browser extensions that allow you to save a web page, in its entirety, with just one click.

What do you dislike?

Every now and then the auto-save creates a new note with the same information in. That can be a little frustrating to clean up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just give it a try! It's easy to test and easy to move on if you don't like it. But, you will.

Professionally, I have notebooks for partnerships, vendors, marketing campaigns, internal meetings, how-to’s and useful videos/articles (I use the Web Clipper for this one). Within those notebooks, I have a note for each item. Within that note, I track updates. For example, if I have a call with Vendor A, I’ll search for that vendor’s name before I hop on the call. The search function will take me to the specific Vendor A note, which is organized in my “Vendor” notebook. Within my note, I’ll record the date and purpose of the call, and then use the bullet-point function to keep track of our conversation.

I take all meeting notes in Evernote, as well, so that I can easily reference them later. Whenever we have a new Feature Release, I’ll take notes in Evernote of the internal unveiling so I can easily relay the information to my clients without forgetting key points.

Personally, I use it for journaling, recipes, and keeping track of important phone calls, account information, or notes from pediatrician appointments.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Evernote
Evernote review by Donny I.
Donny I.

"Let me work faster and organized."

What do you like best?

I like the better way to save every important data and faster find the info I want. Actually, I can do a lot of good things like add links, spreadsheet, attachments, and sound to our notice. Also, great that my colleagues know and work everywhere, no matter what the conditions, with the recent variant of documents.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any bad thoughts about that platform. Actually, I get a lot of working stuff which helps me a lot and doesn't bring any bad issues to us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software will help you to work better. Much better a personal filing method, or individual notes app, rather than a cooperate platform. Here you can create as much as you can. Ther will be a lot of place for your notes.

We like that we can easily save ideas in any format, and store information centrally. We can track the progress of projects and always keep control all the information you need to work. Also, we have the ability to view and renew early option of notes.

What Note-Taking Management solution do you use?

Evernote review by Zane P.
Zane P.

"The great way to have a clever helper at work."

What do you like best?

I like that I can easily arrange and share notice anywhere. Also, I like to have all my things are synchronized and accessible for work. It is great to have all my ideas to near me. The perfect way to save any important info and fast find the data we need.

What do you dislike?

I can say that time to time I receive a problem with synchronization. Also, I would like to have a much bigger choice of working tools. All of the rest is good working.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I will recommend it to you. With this software, you and your company will be much organized and productive at your work. You will have the ability to add attachments and much more. I hope you will like that platform.

It is great that we can add attachments, tables, and sound to our notes. Also, we like to work with the ability to search works even in letters written by hand. We have the ability to organized teams faster reach our objective.

Evernote review by Robert J.
Robert J.

"Evernote is your personal assistant"

What do you like best?

I believe that Evernote is one-step ahead of all its competitors. You will find here many advantages that I like. Evernote allows you to organize your work, save important information for you and easily find the necessary data. You can easily add notes, tables, attachments to notes and much more. This will help you to save a lot of time, as you cannot only record but also dictate all your notes, even on the go.

What do you dislike?

I like working at Evernote for a long time in it. I did not see any shortcomings. The product is really good and quality, if you demand from it over tasks; you can always find what not shortcomings in work or design are.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm sure that you'll love it the same way as I am. Evernote easy to install, configure and work. All functions work well, if you have questions about the work, then the support service will always help you in a timely and qualitative way.

At the beginning, I used this application only for private purposes, it helped me to be organized. Then we started using it in a team for teamwork. I was very glad to it because Evernote is a proven, high quality and understandable program in its work.

Evernote review by Aaron P.
Aaron P.

"Best App for Keeping Track of Everything"

What do you like best?

I love Evernote. I've been a user since there were fewer than 10,000 of us so I feel like an early adopter. Evernote is my go to for keeping track of pretty much everything I need. I use it for journaling, to do lists, important meeting notes, organizing documents; I've even used it to store clip art (I don't recommend that as it takes up a lot of space). Being a premium user, I've enjoyed having access to Evernote across all my devices. The sync is awesome. I can only remember having two instances in more than 5 years of sync conflicts. The tagging feature is awesome (essentially unlimited tags per note) and a powerful search feature that makes organizing and finding notes a snap.

What do you dislike?

There's an odd feature where storing an image (such as a pic in a journal entry) explodes the size of the note to well beyond the size of the image (up to 3 times the size of the image file). I believe this is an issue they're working on resolving now. My solution has just been to add the images at a lower resolution so it doesn't take up so much space. There's also a somewhat arbitrary limit on the number of folders you can have (250).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the free tier offering to get your feet wet. You'll enjoy the experience.

I write software and use Evernote to keep track of handy code snippets and customer requirements. I love that I can share notes with customers and that, if necessary, we can collaborate on the note to make sure I have their requirements just right. Evernote has enabled me to keep track of complex requirements all in one place.

Evernote review by Peg A.
Peg A.

"Helps me stay organized in so many ways"

What do you like best?

I love that I can save just about anything to Evernote and access it on my computer and mobile devices. I use Evernote for remembering business and personal ideas, keeping track of web pages (I can save links or entire pages) and for journaling. Evernote allows me to organize my notes into various notebooks so I can keep track of each project I am working on, whether for business or personal. Even the free version is incredibly useful and is a major part of my workflow.

What do you dislike?

No dislikes so far, this is a very useful software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In addition to taking notes and saving your writing you can also use Evernote to bookmark webpages, save articles and even save entire webpages.

I am able to keep everything in one place. I bookmark all my important and useful websites through Evernote and also save entire articles and even webpages. I take notes and organize my ideas in various notebooks and this helps streamline my workflow considerably as I am able to have everything in one place.

Evernote review by Tom M.
Tom M.

"Evernote- more than just note taking"

What do you like best?

I use Evernote to keep track of essentially everything. I love the ability to forward emails specifying what notebook I want them in with tags. The search capabilities are fantastic, and if you learn the advance search shortcuts, it's even better. I also love the sync with the web clipper. Any time I find book recommendations, blog suggestions, ideas for work in an article I clip it into a note in the appropriate notebook with tags.

What do you dislike?

The only thing lacking in my opinion is the ability to write in plain text. I would love to use Evernote to do more longer form writing, but the inability to write in plain text and easily send it over to wordpress keeps me from doign that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a cross-platform note-taking app with create search capability, Evernote is the way to go.

Evernote helps keep me organized managing multiple development projects simultaneously. It lets me easily forward email into notes and stores and searches pdfs.

Evernote review by Miguel R.
Miguel R.

"Straight Forward Easy Note Organizer"

What do you like best?

This is a pretty straight forward app, you use it for notes. You can write down notes when they pop into your brain, save it for later, group your notes together, send your notes to someone to see, add their notes to your notes. It's the program of programs for note taking. I normally use this on my phone through their phone app, since I am always carrying around my smart phone. So whenever I see an article I like then I can save it, or I can save files or pdfs and organize it with images and other notes. It's great for ideas and keeping yourself creative.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the moment of memory. I think its about 10 gigs, but if you are saving a lot of images and screenshots, it'll gobble your memory right up. I wish they provided you with more space, and then you can really go wild with your notes. But as of right now you are limited to only a certain amount of space, not little mind you, but still not a great amount for habitual users such as myself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's free, download it and test it out, you have nothing to lose. Then use their desktop version so you can be linked.

This program makes collaborations so easy, the people you share with can delete your stuff, but hopefully you aren't working with inconsiderate people like that. Group projects aren't ideal but this helps with the creative process, when people are just throwing out ideas this helps with putting those ideas in focus.

Evernote review by Ryan E.
Ryan E.

"A good app that that isnt improving much"

What do you like best?

Evernote is great because of its simplicity, reliable syncing and tagging system. Its easy to just start a note and get a decent looking note. Files upload easily and download quickly.

Indexing words in images is always a nice touch.

The webclipper and photo taken features really improve it.

What do you dislike?

Evernote has lost its way it terms of new features. Its very focused on the business crowd and little on individual users. The sharing features are just horrible in the app compared to others out there. I should be able to share a single note or tag like in the same way i share docs in google drive.

The new features like mark up and present are very reliable and dont work smoothly.

Good for meeting notes, ideas and starting any work because moving it to specific software. The app is nice for sharing code bits with other users.

Evernote review by Angelo O.
Angelo O.

"A very clever note app"

What do you like best?

The first thing that you can see in Evernote is that the app is simple, clear and clever designed. The fact that you can save articles from the web (or screens of the pages), screenshoots or images from your iPhone, simple notes or handwritten notes. ALso the evernote team is always ready with new updates.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at all. Is the best app I found to take and keep notes for my work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It have different plans, including one free plan if you do not have to much data to record or upload in your notes. The plans are not so expensive, so in every case you can easily try and test all the functions. But do it.

Evernote, as I already said, is the best app for recording and taking notes. I can have all the documents, notes, voice recordings, sincronized between my iPhone, my iPad and my computer. So on whatever I'm working and whatever I am, i can always accesso to my notes about that specific projects or client.

Evernote review by Pedro T.
Pedro T.

"Best way to keep track of notes, websites, articles, etc"

What do you like best?

It is so easy to collect information on Evernote. Take some notes, add a picture to it, snap a picture related to it, scan a document, insert a link, a document, all in one. Organize your notes in notebooks, which can be tagged for ease of organization. The search feature is the best! You can search handwritten words. You can even find words inside of a document you imported (PDF, DOCx, Etc). The WebClipper is very useful where you can just import an article or a page from the web with one click with the Evernote widget that part of most web browsers.

What do you dislike?

Not enough word processing features. Bullet points and outlining are not intuitive and easy to use. Formatting is not smooth and easy to use.

Web clipper can be a bit clumsy at times especially when it imports all the extra advertisements and pictures.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For me its been the best note taking application. I use it for travel plans, class notes, sermon preparation, agenda creation, personal study and interests. Import your own handwritten notes which are searchable with the paid subscription.

The $45 premium subscription is a decent deal given all the extra features you get.

Sharing of information with users and non-users alike. I used Evernote to create agendas for board meetings that have images to illustrate points, add financial reports, other documents in which the agenda item is expanded.

Members can look at updated notes by using the shareable link.

Evernote review by Daniel L.
Daniel L.

"Excellent hub to keep track of all research, notes, training, project statuses"

What do you like best?

Easy to share notes for training, flowcharts, web snippets of recipes or breaking news on WSJ or other sites, PDF OCR text recognition. It's easy to clip things for later. It's also easy to save all sorts of documents in Evernote, Word docs, Excel sheets, PPTs, and PDFs. Evernote can find any word as long as it can be recognized by its system.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes indexing doesn't work - meaning that I want to search for a document I know I saved in Evernote, but if I search for it at a different time, it miraculously appears.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've used this for both personal use and business use. Most coworkers have never seen the level of functionality this software has. Work chat works well. So does sharing notes, and giving special access to editing meeting minutes, etc.

Training/aggregation of material to establish a basis of information for new hires to perform their job in the most efficient way possible.

Evernote review by Nadzieja G.
Nadzieja G.

"It's like a digital assistant"

What do you like best?

I most love the fact tough it's note application you can add spreadsheets, images and other sorts of attachments to your notes. If you have too many things to do on your agenda then you have to use Evernote for keep organized. And if you are using notes and to do lists for your professional purposes then you have chance of sharing them with your colleagues.

What do you dislike?

Tools are great, but sometimes they can make huge problems. Synchronization can be critical problem sometimes. Normally mobile app is working properly, but sometimes even you can't view your notes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have Evernote you will not need paper and pen to take quick notes.

We are using Evernote in our team to track everything we did and we are trying to do. It's the best to quickly create notepad and add your information and modify it with graphical contents. And it keeping to help us a lot. Thanx for this great product.

Evernote review by Élodie M.
Élodie M.

"A one-time place for your notes"

What do you like best?

What I like best with Evernote is the easy way to create notes, save them and write meeting notes. This last one has saved my everyday job since all my notes from our team meetings are at the same place. Evernote synchronizes with my agenda and transfer all the informations about the meeting directly in the note I create.

What do you dislike?

I still struggle a bit with the organization of my notes. I can create folders but I haven't still figure out what folders and for what notes I should create.

I also think the sharing function could be way more improved. There is a great potential here. When I share my notes, this one isn't synchronized with the modification the receiver can made on my notes. If this would be possible, it would maybe even outmatch Google Docs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a one-time place to take notes and save them in the blink of an eye, you've found it with Evernote.

Evernote basically helps me write and organize my notes wherever I am. The easy creation of notes helps our team to take notes quickly during a meeting and then re-read them during the project.

Evernote review by Mark W.
Mark W.

"Great for Taking Notes in Meetings and Classroom Settings"

What do you like best?

The best feature that I like is to merge my notes all together. You can organize your notes, into folders or into stacks. You can merge them together if you feel like notes can be combined. A lot of the times I'm researching different subjects and then find that this would be useful in another category as well, especially if I am doing web research, with a click of a button you can merge all those notes cohesively. When you have a super folder ready you can share it with a simple click, so other partners can view it, also collaborate and add to it if they choose.

What do you dislike?

I hate that green color that they use. I'm not sure if there is an option to change it. I haven't discovered it as of yet. So definitely not a fan of their color schemes and choices. Their layout and template otherwise is nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for collaborations and merging your notes, even if there are different mixed medias, you are able to merge it with one simple click.

When we have business meetings people are always throwing out various ideas and touching on a lot of different topics so I find that I can merge my pdf, my web research, my notes from the meetings, even audio files into one super note.

Evernote review by Jose luis S.
Jose luis S.

"Evernote ideal to save in the cloud!!!!"

What do you like best?

Access without connection (paid version) Evernote makes it easy to write notes quickly, whether it's on your computer, tablet or smartphone. On the other hand it can also be done:

Archive to snipper or the whole article, Create a post within the platform, save everything to the cloud instead! Tag everything for easy filtering and Forget about cluttering your computer

What do you dislike?

It is very useful to offer users offline access to all the files on all your devices, but having to depend on a desktop application or Google Drive to edit documents is an inconvenience. Its paid version offers more functionality but in turn is unfortunately, more complications. Although it is not important but I do not understand very well why the elephant does not notice much sense.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it 100% even though it has its slight faults ... it can improve and it stays updated.

I am the person who has a lot of information on the PCs. This often causes problems when searching for a file ... for the amount of them. thanks to this tool that managed to keep a little more order in my small disaster XD.

Evernote review by David  B.
David B.

"The ultimate Digital Notebook"

What do you like best?

I have been using Evernote within our businesses for in excess of 4+ years, during this period it has been fault free and the tools just keep getting better and better.

It allows us to reduce the amount of double entry work, capturing data and information from one platform and seamlessly pushing that data to another platform.

There is so much you can achieve with Evernote and the array of tools provided, do be fooled it isn't just a digital notebook.

- The software is simple to use, but there are lots of rich features.

- Very cost effective (there is even a Free option which allows you to do so much, but if you can pay the small annual fee and reap the benefits)

- Robust - never had an outage or issue

- Innovation - Evernote are always looking at new tools, partners or making existing processes better

- Integration - Integrates well with so many other 3rd parties software platforms. I connect Evernote with LinkedIn, great when you snap business cards and it finds the person on LinkedIn automatically.

- Cloud-based but also an off-line version too. Syncs well across all devices.

What do you dislike?

There is not much that I don't like to be honest, the fact that Evernote is always making things better can sometimes be a small disadvantage as they layout changes or buttons move or react differently, but this is a small price to pay for the amazing tools at your fingertips.

The biggest problem I am solving using Evernote is almost achieving a paperless office. We have reduced the amount of paper, documents and files we hold by over 75%. But the best part is you have all your notes with you wherever you are in the world, easily searchable and shareable to collaborate with others within your team.

Evernote review by Jesse W.
Jesse W.

"Perfect for organization of notes in the office and on the go"

What do you like best?

Evernote is absolutely fantastic for taking notes on lead ideas, storing notes on leads, storing contacts on leads, and especially great for working remotely. If I come across something of interest when out of the office that has relevance to a project I'm working on, it's extremely convenient to simply take out my phone and enter the notes just as easily as I would on my laptop or desktop. It is similar to OneNote in that it's cloud-based and can accessed from any device, but has much better organization options and the ability to clip things from the web with ease.

What do you dislike?

There's very little I don't like, my only possible complaint is that I wish the tags could be organized differently, I use this in place of printing paper (my office is EXTREMELY antiquated). With that said, I can either set up separate notebooks for separate projects, separate notebooks for separate companies, or separate notebooks for separate brands. It would be awesome to do all three with tags and be able to filter through which option I want to view.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend giving it a trial run to see if it's a fit or not, there's a lot of team and/or sharing options that my office does not currently utilize that may be of benefit.

I use Evernote as opposed to printing out massive amounts of paper for leads that I'm calling, it essentially acts as my personal CRM and note-taking software.

Evernote review by Katie C.
Katie C.

"The Note-Taking Answer to My Biz and Personal Life"

What do you like best?

The best part of Evernote is how simple it is. I've used a number of different note-taking apps and I always get lost in all of the features. When you're trying to take micro level notes, its counter intuitive to have feature overwhelm.... Not with Evernote! Evernote makes it so simple... there are just enough features to make it functional without being overwhelming. I also enjoy being able to share specific notebooks with team members. It has a very "Google Drive" sort feel, only for notes.

What do you dislike?

I truly don't dislike anything! if I had to choose one thing, perhaps make the editing of fonts when writing a bit easier via mobile phone have an iPhone 8 plus, and even that isn't *QUITE* enough to enable me to use Evernote without highlighting the wrong text. Using the app from desktop/laptop is a dream, though!

Recommendations to others considering the product

As with anything, you want to give yourself a few weeks with using the software consistently.

I work at a fully remote company based out of Texas. Collaborating with folks can be a bit of a struggle, even with project management software. Evernote helps me to collab with coworkers real time on big projects. It also helps me quickly prep for a conference call with random thoughts on to go. I can't tell you how many times I have whipped out my iPhone to take notes in Evernote in meetings, or even in my home life for shopping lists. Very functional.

Evernote review by Alejandro R. Z.
Alejandro R. Z.

"Evernote essential ally in today's organization"

What do you like best?

The best thing about evernote is that it is a computer application that allows personal organization through the file of notes and almost any type of information. It is an excellent notebook in which you can store all kinds of information while retaining its original format: personal annotations, fragments of web pages or blogs, email addresses, diagrams, images, videos or any other content that can be copied and paste.

To the notes you can attach, with the free version, all kinds of files, of images: JPEG, PNG and GIF, audio: MP3 and WAV and documents: PDF, HTML and TXT, for the Premium version you can attach all types of files. You can also incorporate all screenshots, although Evernote offers its own captor.

All the information resides in the cloud. With what can be programmed from the device the frequency of synchronization from 5 minutes to each hour, it can also be set to manual frequency, with which the user decides when to synchronize. With the free version you can store up to 60Mb per month and the Premium version, for a fee, allows you to store 1Gb in increments of 100Mb in 100Mb

What do you dislike?

One of the few negative aspects of Evernote is that it raised the prices of its payment plans, one dollar per month for Evernote Plus and two dollars for Premium, while limiting the free so that it can only be used on two devices. Pretty bad because if you use Evernote on PC you will have to choose to use either your mobile phone, or your work tablet or laptop. These changes may cause some of you to look for alternatives for your notes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep doing things in the same way that they are doing them.

Evernote is great because it is multiplatform (desktop applications, web applications, mobile applications) you can save all your reference materials, ideas, to do the tasks, or other digital articles to Evernote and never worry, when you need them you can recover that information from any device (Mac, pc, Smartphone, tablets), is a container to store all your information and keep it synchronized between all your devices and available at all times because they are stored in "the cloud", ie on Evernote servers.

When you arrive at your house it occurs to you to add something to the document that you have on your office PC, if it is in Evernote, it is in the cloud and you can access it from anywhere, work and forget it, when you return to the office , you will have all the additions or modifications that you made in your home synchronized with the files of your office, likewise its search function is good enough to locate all those documents quickly, but it also has the possibility of labeling the notes and even organize them in notebooks.

Evernote review by Adam G.
Adam G.

"Excellent Personal Organizer"

What do you like best?

I have been using Evernote for over 5 years as a way to keep track of personal notes, thoughts and to-do items. My favorite attribute is its full text editing features in a free app. I like being able to use bold, italics and strikethrough, as well as bullet points, check boxes and tabs. I have not yet found another free application with the same text editing features.

What do you dislike?

Evernote only allows you to have two desktop or mobile applications downloaded and in use (i.e. "active devices"). I have the app downloaded on my computer and one of my phones, but when I download the app for my iPad, Evernote returns an error message saying that they only allow two active devices per user at a time. This is only for the free version. I am pretty sure the paid version "Evernote Premium" gives you unlimited active devices. Anyways, they implemented this change a couple years ago, and it has not been a huge deal, since my notes can always be accessed online without the use of an installed application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are using the free version, remember that Evernote only lets you download app for and use two devices total.

I use this program to organize action items for work as well as personal items. I can keep multiple Notebooks, one for work and one for personal. Keeps things organized and easy to access.

Evernote review by Namita M.
Namita M.

"very helpful"

What do you like best?

Cloud Management

Multi-Platform Support

Tagging and Organization

The program is compatible with multiple mobile device operating systems, including the Android, iOS and Windows 7 platforms. Evernote also offers several peripheral programs, including Skitch and Evernote Hello, that enhance and complement the primary program. In addition, Evernote lets you share your notes via social networking websites, such as Facebook and Twitter.

What do you dislike?

vernote has no calendar as such - it understands dates, but you can’t see a standard calendar layout for your next month’s activities; it doesn’t store pictures very well - there’s no layout or gallery; if you and 10 colleagues want to collaborate on project notes - don’t use Evernote: it doesn’t handle more than one or (maybe) two people in a note at any one time very well.

The ability to share notes and whole notebooks with classmates, coworkers, family, etc.

The ability to take and attach pictures to a note right from within the app.

The ability to take and attach voice memos and audio to a note right from within the app.

The ability to attach files (spreadsheets, images, docs) to any note.

The ability to scan text in a photo using Optical Character Recognition technology.

The ability to set reminders for yourself for various tasks, goals, and projects from within the app.

Evernote review by Mohammed A.
Mohammed A.

"The Best Productivity App "

What do you like best?

Evernote is my favourite productivity app. To be fair, I can't live without it. I use it 10 to 20 times a day. If you know how to use Evernote well, It can be your second brain. Evernote is not just a pace to share your notes, you can save images, files, and web pages to your Evernote. You can use Evernote as a cloud storage to save digital notes.

What do you dislike?

Evernote free version is limited to only 60MB of space per month and you are only allowed to use only on 2 devices at a time. This is not really good for beginners.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try Evernote, I'm sure you never look back.

As a team, we can easily share ideas through notes with friends and co-workers. Evernote Web Clipper help us to save web pages easily to Evernote notes and share them. Also, there is an Evernote chat option where we can share our ideas at the real time.

Evernote review by Nelson T.
Nelson T.

"My experience using Evernote"

What do you like best?

Evernote is a brilliant app in taking notes and helping record these notes. With the help of Evernote I have been able to record notes that were almost 5 years old. It provides me with a ready reckoner when i don't have my journal handy. I use it for almost everything possible. I do not carry any journal with me to the meeting. All i have to do is use my phone to record the minutes of the meeting. Secondly I record all my important reminders on it. It is almost like my personal assistant.

What do you dislike?

Evenrnote's subscription fee is a bit steep, and also to use the mobile app off line one needs to have the premium account. I also initially had trouble navigating through the app, but once i plouged through it was easy. Evernote seems a bit complicated but trust its very easy to use once we get the hang of it..

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a brilliant note taking app. Stores every information that one uploads. It's more or less like the Elephant's memory, very rightly attributed by the logo. If you are note taker there's nothing like using Evernote. You wouldn't have to use a journal anymore. All your notes can be recorded online on by your phone.

I don't have to use my journal anymore. All my files and notes can be recored and uploaded onto Evernote. I am an ardent note taker, Evernote allows me to make copious amounts of notes and have my documents uploaded and use it whenever and wherever i want. It has made my work lot easier.

Evernote review by Daniel P.
Daniel P.

"My notes and blogs are usually more visited"

What do you like best?

Evernote provides an excellent user experience at all times. It is extremely easy to carry your tasks, notes, guides, calendar and more in Evernote. I have used Evernote to carry out my most important publications and it is true that Evernote adapts to my style. Evernote usually accompanies me in my daily activities, I can easily control my daily activities and finally I feel very good about having completed the majority. I do not change to Evernote.

What do you dislike?

Eventually, it is slow to process the chosen options. There is very little that Evernote shows on the level of defects, but I'm sure you can improve the file load by creating a personal publication. I have no doubt that Evernote in later versions can improve any detail that users like me report.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Promoting my career with Evernote has really helped me with all its possibilities. The way I handle time is really incredible, I would like to continue enjoying this tool and that all my friends and acquaintances use it and love it as much as I do. Evernote offers the possibility of sharing publications made by different media, and I have taken advantage of it very well. Many of my colleagues and friends use Evernote thanks to these features.

Evernote has allowed me many possibilities in my daily activities at work. My team uses Evernote to track all the points that need to be verified. We have been able to plan the monthly publication of articles due to the possibilities that Evernote offers us.

Evernote review by Lucy A. R.
Lucy A. R.

"Evernote great for Note taking"

What do you like best?

I love that its nice and neat to look at. You can organize your thoughts and ideas in little notebook and then from there you can add little chapters. Very ideal for someone who constantly has their mobile device or tablet with them and are on the go. You can easily jot down ideas or if you browsing through the internet you can screenshot something, save pdfs and then you can organize them properly. There is a search feature that even searches pdf files for you if you are a looking for something in particular that you saved.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that sometimes it doesn't sync across all the devices instantly, it does take a couple minutes for everything to be synced up. Most of the time by the time I actually get to the other device then it'll already be there but there are times where it is stalled.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for notes on the go, if you a busy person and always have your phone on you, use this app, jot down things in a flash, and pull them up when you need them. Very easy to use and very neatly organized and easy to find notes of all kinds.

When I have have notes that I want to share, I can easily do that with other colleagues and clients. It is very easy to share your notes, making business projects run much more smoothly.

Evernote review by Philippa G.
Philippa G.

"Brilliant tool for note taking across all your devices"

What do you like best?

I have been using Evernote for many years, for both personal and professional notes. My favourite feature is the fact that you can have it on multiple devices, and the notes sync automatically. This is so useful because it means I can work on my notes on my phone, iPad, and laptop. Before using Evernote, I used standard Word documents, but had to keep emailing them to myself to ensure I was working off the most up-to-date version of the file.

What do you dislike?

I use the free edition of the product, which limits you to the number of devices you can use within your account. However, this has never caused me too much of a problem, as I use Evernote on my phone, iPad, and laptop. However, if i wanted to use if on another device, I would have to upgrade to the next edition of the product.

The most up-to-date version of all my notes are accesible across all my devices. I can group notes into folders and subfolders, making them so easy to organise. All notes are datestamped, meaning I can quickly see whether I am working on the correct document. I can also share notes to other colleagues who are users of Evernote, making collaboration very simple.

Evernote review by Eddie W.
Eddie W.

"Convenient storage of a wide variety of notes"

What do you like best?

I really like that all of my data can be stored in the cloud, and in addition, the application exists for all major operating systems, including, of course, mobile. That is, wherever you make your notes - on your computer, laptop, smartphone, and tablet - you can always have access to them. All images attached to the records are recognized on the Evernote server, and the results are included in the search index. That is, you can search the text in images, which opens up very interesting possibilities for application. For example, you can take pictures with a phone and store business cards in Evernote, and then you can easily search data on them. It works very well; I use it all the time. Similarly, the text of handwritten notes and any photographs is recognized, for example, photographs of the work time of an institution. Audio can be recorded directly in the note itself.

What do you dislike?

As I said, I'm happy with the work of this service. There are no any cons.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a large amount of the most diverse information that you need to store and have easy access to it. Many users store information in different programs. In addition, why is store all that in various programs. You can use Evernote, which also provides a cloud storage and have clients for all platforms.

I, as a person by nature completely unorganized, have long been looking for a program that allows me to store and organize a variety of records, notes, pictures, links and so on in a convenient form. Because the calendar and task list is one thing. In addition, any notes are completely different. Meanwhile, each person gradually accumulates a whole bunch of data that he needs to store. In my opinion, this is the best program for storing structured notes and media files - at least, from all that I have seen. I have been using it for two years now and I am very satisfied. I throw a lot of information there, and it's always at my fingertips with any movements.

Evernote review by Miky P.
Miky P.

"Evernote is the best notes platform"

What do you like best?

I like that Evernote is well integrated between my personal computer, office computer and my smartphone. I can organize my notes in folders to help my workflow, I can also save articles from internet and pictures. It also offer you a free plan if you do not need all the tools.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I found issues with the updating, but probably was related to the connection and not to the app itself. I never had important issues with Evernote.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I was skeptick about the software, but I discovered Evernote as a great and powerful tool for your notes. Test it and you will find it great

I use Evernote to keep track of all my ideas and documents about my project. It's a great friend since I can also share my project folders with other member of my team. When we shoot a video at a concert or during and event we always note all the aspect of the venue and the thing to underline in shooting through Evernote. I can plan the work on my pc and later check everything from my tablet or smartphone. Our workflow is better now.

Evernote review by seuan l.
seuan l.

"My go to for notes. "

What do you like best?

I take a lot of notes for work. I take them on my computer, my tablet and also my phone. Whenever we have a business meeting or a course that needs to be completed for work then I will constantly be taking notes. So this organizes my thoughts and also it shares them across multiple accessible platforms.

What do you dislike?

I am not a huge fan of the design sometimes. Sometimes it doesn't flow as much as I would like it to. I would like to make a quick note. Otherwise there isn't much too complain about. It does what does simply and efficiently for the most part.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it especially if you are constantly jotting ideas down.

Business is doing great because I can gather my thoughts and come back to them later. Notes and ideas that I need to bring up during meetings sometimes slip my mind but once I glance back on evernote I can be reminded of everything. Sometimes you just need a little reminder to help you along the day.

Evernote review by J Allen M.
J Allen M.

"Great for organizing your notes! "

What do you like best?

I like the fact that I can integrate it throughout my computer, tablets, and phone. Any off the top of my head ideas I can easily jot it down and then brainstorm it all together at a later date.

I also like the fact that I can organize my notes with photos and screenshots and plop them into my any ideas.

What do you dislike?

The ability to create little folders. I think I'm so used to little folders seeing my notes in various lists detract from its aesthetic value for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Want to organize ideas simply and effectively Evernote will do the job.

When we are thinking of quick ideas and business solutions on the fly, sometimes youll have random ideas that will pop into your head. This a great way to jot it down with any type of technology that is readily available to you or on hand and return to it later.

Evernote review by Kelsey H.
Kelsey H.

"My favorite for notes/to-dos/reminders, organization"

What do you like best?

Ease of sync and use across my laptop and phone. I also like that it isn't web based, because it can be a pain to need to have another tab open in chrome. Plus the offline edit access is very convenient. Lightweight as needed, connected everywhere.

What do you dislike?

I would like some more granular edit, customizable ability within the formatting of given notes. Generally though, that's pretty low priority. Some additional structure for the categorization or organization of notes, notebooks would be good. To have sub-structures within and more options for visibility.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Share best practices around organization, notebooks, sorting, tagging, search. Set up standards for what notes and notebooks are private, what are shared and how to keep that structure clean to avoid any privacy issues.

a perfect personal brain dump, checklist, real time tracker that I can access from mobile, desktop, online or offline. I don't have to worry about anything proprietary or private because I have specific notebooks for particular topics that I don't share with anyone else. I am most pleased by the universal accessibility to me, on any device. Sometimes, when on the run, I'll even open a note and use my phone's dictation / text to type functionality to speak a quick note to self. I have found this easier and faster than Slacking myself or emailing myself. Always available, even when phone is on airplane mode, always ready in a matter of two or three taps.

Evernote review by Tina F.
Tina F.

"Can't Imagine My Life Without It!"

What do you like best?

I love everything about Evernote. Running my own business I have to keep track of client work, invoices and project timelines. Evernote helps me keep track of all of it with notebooks and the ability to save important documents. The premium version has paid itself off time and time again. I even use it for important (and some not so important) personal documents and other information that I need to keep track of. The offline access is convenient as well when I need to access certain things from my phone.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there isn't much that I don't like about it. There certainly is a learning curve, however once you figure out how to make it work for you in the best way possible.

By keeping track of client work, timelines and other documents such as invoices and all that. The amount of time I have save by being able to simply pick up my phone and access this information has been such a convenience.

Evernote review by Tyler M.
Tyler M.

"Your one-stop shop for all your note-taking and file archiving needs"

What do you like best?

I am a big categorization and compartmentalization person, so the notebook feature on Evernote is so helpful when organizing all of my notes. I also absolutely love the ability to take a picture of hand-written notes, because sometimes I'm a bit old fashioned and like to take notes by hand. I have not yet made use of the multimedia feature, but I could see myself uploading audio clips in the future.

What do you dislike?

One thing I dislike is no fault of the software, but Evernote seems to be better suited as a personal notes app, rather than a collaboration app. I'm not sure if this has to do with the ubiquity of Google Docs, or something inherent to the app itself, but it hasn't been widely adopted at my company for collaborative research documents.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As I mentioned previously, Evernote has worked well as a personal filing system, or personal notes app, rather than a collaborative software.

I love Evernote because I can keep all of my notes in the same place--whether it's personal, professional, or otherwise. So the real benefit is the all-in-one-place aspect of Evernote. The benefits have come from having a quickly searchable archive of nearly everything of importance of the past couple years, since I started using Evernote.

Evernote review by Blair H.
Blair H.

"My most important app, 7 years running"

What do you like best?

I believe in having a place for everything. Evernote excels at being my place for almost anything that can be digitized. When I get a business card I scan it with Evernote's iPhone app, and the information gets added automatically to my phone contacts. When I have an idea, it goes into an Evernote note where I can add in all the context I need, like tables, PDFs, links, and photos. The Web Clipper is very useful for filing the content of a webpage into your notebooks. 95% of the info I need to record on a regular basis can be stored in Evernote. This means I know exactly where to go for a piece of information that I've saved.

What do you dislike?

The table functionality within notes was recently updated. It works quite well for recording basic data best displayed in a table format. What I wish is that data could be copied more cleanly from Excel to Evernote. Copying a range of cells from Evernote to Excel works perfectly, but not the other way around. When pasted into Evernote from Excel, the cells do not form the nice Evernote-style table and instead form a table missing borders and the ability to easily format.

Recommendations to others considering the product

1. To get the most out of Evernote, you need to use it regularly. Need to save a receipt? Take a photo with the Evernote app on your phone. Need to make a voice recording? Do it with Evernote. Need to mark up an image and share it with your team? Evernote. This way, you only have one place to look for your information—there is no guessing as to whether the information is in an email you sent to yourself or in a piece of paper in your desk.

2. Don't be afraid of creating too many notes. Evernote's search functions can handle it. Feel free to create notes for those pieces of information that you think you may never need, but might. Once the information is inside Evernote it's out of your mind, but still at your fingers when needed.

3. If you regularly use PDFs in your Evernote notes, subscribe to a Premium account. This provides you with the ability to search inside PDFs and Office docs, in addition to other features, and is worth the price.

No one has time to dig through a filing cabinet of papers when attempting to locate a particular number in an otherwise-forgotten paper document. When I need a piece of information from the past, I search Evernote and find it. I would suggest you let your competitors fumble around for that lost sticky note while you get the information you need and move on with your work.

Evernote review by Bruno M.
Bruno M.

"Useful but expensive if you're just an individual"

What do you like best?

Allows you to organize notes within notebooks in an orderly way. I find it better than OneNote, for example. Evernote is friendlier in that regard.

What do you dislike?

If you use a free account, you can only use the Evernote App in two devices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great apps for using this tool. iOs' are great. Windows 10 don't like it so much -it's quite different from the iOs environment, but all of them work very good.

The way you can organize your notes, using notebooks is great: neat, easy to access and easy to organize.

New integration with iOs 11.x allows you to copy and share directly to Evernote (which I like very much, no need to open the app while reading and saving notes) from the article or book you're reading. Nevertheless, the feature needs some fixing because it only shares a sentence between dots.

I do not like at all that you can only use the app within TWO devices if you're using the free version. I don't really need the upgraded version, but I DO need my Evernote account in every device I use, above all: iPad for reading (I do a lot of reading on the go as a surgeon), on the iPhone (above all taking notes) and my PC. Can't prioritize one over another, so I'd say that's a HUGE drawback.

I hope someone at Evernote reads this and changes to three devices instead of two.

Saving notes, images and stuff on the go. It's been very useful for patients, procedures and so on.

Evernote review by Maria Clara D.
Maria Clara D.

"Syncs across all devices, allows sharing"

What do you like best?

The syncing across every device I own and ability to make different notebooks and add tags is incredible. It's also kept some of my coworkers from making notes in 9000 different places and helps gather them in one place.

What do you dislike?

The limited licenses can be frustrating, and I've seen auto saved drafts create conflicts within themselves if i ever am going through an area with limited wifi access which is frustrating to say the best.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's amazing- you should at least give the free version a try. It can clip notes, save images, utilizes tags and the mobile version is pretty incredible. I have one folder for my work stuff, another for recipes for home use, and yet another to keep tabs on budgeting and more.

It's keeping notes and groupwork easier, you can tag people and let them collaborate (depending on your plan) and it syncs up with Gmail flawlessly.

Evernote review by NESTOR C.
NESTOR C.

"The ultimate notepad app"

What do you like best?

The thing I like best of ever note is the ability to auto-sync across all my devices seamlessly; all you need is to download the app on your device, login and voila! You have all you noted there! Nothing else to be done. Nothing to configure, nothing to upload, every thing is automated.

What do you dislike?

That now to have more that 3 devices, you have to pay. But even paying this app worth's it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to keep your ideas, notes, reminders organized this is the tool you need; ease of use and simply UI. You can even import your actual notepad app files (have to check compatibility)

All my important notes, info, ideas are on Evernote; I do not need to have a piece of paper or a notebook, all I need is my Smartphone or Tablet. I login and I can access my notes, I even can attach pictures to my notes, to make the info more clear. NO matter is is for personal o professional use this is the right app to keep your notes safely.

Evernote review by Linus K.
Linus K.

"Wonderful note taking software"

What do you like best?

Evernote has built its reputation by offering wonderful notice taking software so my work can be more productive and organized. I appreciate the simplicity of taking note on my mac and using different functions such as different pointer color, night mode, font scaling, presentation, voice recording and work chat. I also appreciate the reasonable price: even premium subscription is affordable and reasonable with unlimited sync cross devices, large note size, convert to pdf. Hand-drawing sketches on iPhone are quite useful as well.

What do you dislike?

I don't think you can use the hand-drawing function on MacBook, only iPhone, iPod, and iPad. Also, the grammar and spelling checking failed to work couple times and I have to reinstall the software to solve the problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Wonder if Evernote can offer more options for the pointer, like the arrow, for example. And more color options for the pointer as well, sometimes I feel simply black is good enough for the presentation. Also, wonder if Evernote can have a built-in spell checking system which allows the note taker to see grammar or spelling issues immediately.

Conferences, seminars, online training. All these online meetings required note taking and presentations. Evernote is easy, efficient, and professional. I used to take note on paper and later have to scan and email to everyone which took longer and sometimes people couldn't recognize my handwriting and drawing, and the worst part was I couldn't recognize either. What a nightmare.

Evernote review by Victor I.
Victor I.

"My primary note-taking app"

What do you like best?

Evernote is a very powerful and easy-to-use service. Very reliable and it's as effective as much organizational steps you take. Plus offline access is very important and makes it effective for working on the go.

What do you dislike?

Perhaps Evernote has even too many features which makes it somewhat sluggish. I wish there was a Lite version of Evernote to use for people who don't rely on Evernote to do EVERYTHING. Plus, the free version is limited to syncing only on 2 devices which is not very comfortable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it as a primary filing cabinet. Evernote has great capabilities for organizing your work.

Evernote is a giant storage for everything. The biggest advantage it has over simpler services is the possibility to attach images and files to notes. Take some time organizing your notes WHILE you're taking them and everything will be far more easier to find later.

Evernote review by sirisha s.
sirisha s.

"Meet Ever note ,your second brain "

What do you like best?

This is the tool acts as note book which can be synchronized to mobiles,tablets,computes ,in which we can add notes ,passwords ,share documents with our friends or colleagues. Even we get the shared documents from any where .Our new and best ideas will be with us always .Everything can be maintained under single roof and easy to find them all .It enhance our notes with links,attachments,audio recordings even handwritten notes are searchable.

What do you dislike?

There are no major problems with this tool but It doesn't have calendar for next month activities,it doesn't store pictures because there is no gallery or a layout.In case of collaboration of project notes it cant manage more colleges.it doesn't do alarm much easier.If u want the same reminders to repeat we should do reset.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is free to download ,easy to install and use very flexible.By using this become better organised professionally and personally .The Amount of Paper usage can be reduced if we use this in life. Ever note is where you will achieve best work,day in and day out.It will be ready at any time,any where and across all the devices.We can take Snapshots of photographs or printed documents and send them directly into the app.

Organised Team will get more profit as from initial stage of project can be till end of project by making ever note as team hub and productivity bliss,with ever note as information hub that knowledge wont leave when someone on your team does.

Evernote review by Elizabeth B.
Elizabeth B.

"Evernote is an Extremely Handy and Easy to Use Note Taking Tool"

What do you like best?

I love that it is so fast and easy to use, and that I can sync it across all of my devices. That is probably the single most useful point. I can very quickly update something on my laptop, then, as I am walking away, if I remember something else, I can pop open the app on my phone, and it's already updated from what I just noted on my laptop.

What do you dislike?

The one thing I do not like is that you can access your account from as many browsers as you would like, but, for the free version, licensing only allows you to install the app on two devices. I find that to be a little annoying and strange, since you can access it online any time you want anywhere you want from as many places as you want. So it seems a little goofy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a note taking tool that you can access across multiple platforms, and that you can segment into different groups as well as have collaborative access, this is a simple, inexpensive, and good tool. I have personally been using it for probably 10 years at this point, and have not found the need to search for anything else. And I am the type of person that used to have a desk snowed on by post its. This is a great little tool to keep track of things in an organized and portable fashion.

I use Evernote for both personal and business use. The ability to segment notes into different notebooks so that I can keep personal and business separate is really nice, as well as be able to invite others to contribute to notes, if there is a collaborative need.

Evernote review by Daniele P.
Daniele P.

"Magnific"

What do you like best?

I love the simplicity of Evernote. I store everythings: documents, screenshoots, wireframes and especially notes. I loves the organization tree and the tools that i can use: tables, to dos list, alert. I can annote all my ideas in a only place and I can connect a lot of useful services. I can use it like a storage service and it is very simple to search documents or single words. It is a nice swiss knife for my archive

What do you dislike?

I dislike the recurring payment. Evernote premium is a valid solution but i would pay one time a fee and not a annual or a monthly subscription. In addition I dislike there is not a integration with dropbox or iCloud similarly Google drive integration, but the developers will provide soon, i am sure. And finally I dislike the notification about the to dos list. There is not a recurring or a multiple alarms

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is simple, easy and quick. It has a solid infrastructure and the synchronization is perfect. There are apps for every platform and for iOS and macOS they are perfect.

I resolve the problem to fix and store my ideas. I order my files and I can control my workflow and its evolution. In addition i share all with my co-workers, customers and with my lawyer and business consultant. Then, I know the whole situation of my business because I store my invoices and my receipts

Evernote review by Norina M.
Norina M.

"Take notes to the stars."

What do you like best?

Well, I tried and tested many services about notes and I never found something good as Evernote is. You can have your notes synched in you smartphone, personal computer and tablet. You can also create folders (notebooks) to collect all the notes for a specific subject. I also love the fact that I can save links and screenshot directly from the browser or smartphone.

What do you dislike?

No real problems at the moment. Sometimes Evernote have minor bugs that the team provide to solve fast.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Evernote is the best software for your notes. Trust me. Also you can try it with no problems thanks to the free plan.

My all work is in it. Simply that. Whenever I need to collect an idea, an article, some notes or datas about a project we're working on I refer to Evernote. My work is organized and clean thanks to Evernote.

Evernote review by Becca G.
Becca G.

"Everyone Should Use It- So Many Possibilities"

What do you like best?

Ability to upload existing photos and screenshots, or take them within the app itself while making a note. Being able to title the note, add description or list, create a pop up notification and share the list via a link in a text or an email. So much better than sending info as a standard text message, requiring additional texts if updates are needed.

What do you dislike?

Can be slow to open on my cell phone, some features are available on desktop version but not in the mobile app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for on-the-spot note taking. As an example: Someone hand you a business card and you need to remember to contact them and also manage not to lose the contact info? Click the plus sign to create a new note, tap the camera icon to snap a pic of the business card within the app, name the note and program a date and time you'll get a pop-up reminder to contact the person.

Taking notes that I need reminders for- simpler to do it all in one with the Evernote app than to always jot down and later create a separate reminder.

Evernote review by Mark W.
Mark W.

"Keeps me organized ALL the time!"

What do you like best?

I like that Evernote is very easy to use! It is extremely consistent across all platforms, and I use it on my laptop, iPad, and Google Pixel smartphone. I can clip web content directly from my browser and quickly categorize and tag it for easy access. Evernote gives you the ability to type in notes from any device, or handwrite notes on your touchscreen device. No matter what the source of the notes, Evernote has an OCR reader that allows you to search words in notes, even if they are handwritten.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don't like about Evernote is that the note files are not compatible with other software platforms. If I want to transfer them to use elsewhere, it is a copy and paste process. The good news for me is, they work for me in Evernote!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Evernote can be your on-stop application for note-taking and digital information storage and retrieval. There is no other software like it that can so easily work in a personal and business environment. Bottom line, I would be lost without my Evernotes!

I am a consultant that is responsible for producing a lot of new content on a weekly basis. Evernote helps me store ideas and research for my writing, easily group like content, and then be able to quickly access it. I also use Evernote to store important business and personal documents, and business receipts, again, so they can be easily accessed if needed. One of my goals is to become as paperless as possible and Evernote is the primary tool to accomplish this goal.

Evernote review by Adam S.
Adam S.

"The most versatile note taking app"

What do you like best?

Evernote is amazing in the sense that as a standalone app, it is already a very useful note taking application that lets create multiple notebooks, add images, audio and attachments. Its great for annotations, creating to do lists, assisting with task management via GTD methodologies. You can format your notes.

But in addition to that, the browser add-ons make an already great app even better! You can save entire website pages, save certain highlighted clips, save links Evernote bookmarks. The list goes on.

What do you dislike?

It's blessing is also its curse. Because you can so easily store so much information, you need a strategy of how you will keep all this information. A strategy for naming your notebooks, your tags, etc.

If you just throw everything in there, it'll be like a big clutter of notes and you won't keep using it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Free accounts are still very functional! No reason no to try for a while.

Going paperless, organizing notes and organizing research material.

Evernote review by Cody L.
Cody L.

"Excellent way to keep notes"

What do you like best?

I like that it is cloud-based and can sync all my notes in one place. This makes it super easy to takes notes on one device and continue them on another if I need to.

What do you dislike?

I use Evernote for both personal and business. I even have notes from previous companies. There is no way to have my personal notes and business notes in a business account, that would allow it to follow me if I were to leave a company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great product and even has a free version to help you get started. Give it a try!

I take meticulous notes on every opportunity that I am working on. Having them in one place makes it easy to track everything and pick up where I left off. I can simply copy/paste into another tool or CRM when I'm done.

Evernote review by Kate J.
Kate J.

"Unmatched search and organization"

What do you like best?

Search and tagging saves me a lot of time every day.

What do you dislike?

After saving a lot fo PDF's the desktop app will occasionally freeze.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start with a couple of the amazing pointers on their site - there is a whole lot more power to the platform than what is immediately obvious.

Keeping actionable notes, saving things from the web, and being able to search everything quickly. It is customizable to your workflow and very easy to use. It helps me keep track of many types of information, and be able to recall it quickly. Rarely do I find myself needing to wonder -- where did I save that?

Notebook stacks help me keep topics themed, and tags help me organize my workflow. The reminders are very helpful too, along with the document scan in the mobile app. Also, as my workflow evolves, it is very simple to adapt Evernote to the new needs.

The web clipper has been the *most* useful feature for research and has eliminated bookmarks (who ever returns to those?) - and turns the note searchable as well. So, instead of searching the entire internet for that article I saw, I save it to a valuable to me knowledge base.

The catch with this is as you have a notebook full of images and PDF's the desktop app will hang and freeze often as you go to open the notebook - though this doesn't seem to be a problem when logging into Evernote in chrome.

The are Evernote paper notebooks that will allow you to capture your notes with the app, and then your handwritten notes are also searchable - I'm sure this has saved me hours of work time as well.

Evernote review by Jaclyn M.
Jaclyn M.

"Organize Your Work and Your Life"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to save content in multiple ways: plain text input, web clipper, forwarding emails, taking screenshots, uploading photos, and making voice recordings. And I love the ability to organize and find however you want: full-text search, title search, notebooks, tags, etc. And it's great that it has integration with IFTTT (If This, Then That), a program that integrates multiple software to allow them to interact and automate certain functions. I also like the fact that you can add/edit information about the page, such as the webpage source that it originally came from.

What do you dislike?

I would prefer a way to have an unlimited hierarchy of notebooks, rather than one level of notebooks grouped into "stacks." I'd like something more similar to the folder/directory layout in Windows. I'd also like the ability to flip the colors so that the program has white text on a black background, for times when I am working or reading in the evening and want less bright light.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It helps to think of Evernote as the place to put "everything." Don't overthink things. If you get a business card/contact, a hotel reservation, a reminder to do something, etc, put it all in there. The more information you put into Evernote, the better it works.

It has given me a way to input all information I want to save without worrying "where" it goes or if a certain document or location is the best place for it. Since it's all searchable, location isn'

Evernote review by Alex P.
Alex P.

"Excellent personal and business solution to notes"

What do you like best?

Evernote has such functionality, it is impossible to make use of all of what it has to offer - I feel like I am never going to get to the end of all of its features, and it is very reliable despite having such a lot of features. Cross platform, synchronized perfectly - a very 21st century application, and done extremely well too. Keep going Evernote.

What do you dislike?

I feel like its interface is very cluttered on Windows computers - having seen the Mac version, I was disappointed at how poor the UI is on Windows in comparison - they definitely could spend some more time on getting this to be less confusing, and also to just look prettier all round. Apart from that, it is hard to complain about Evernote.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start with a free account, and then grow from there. You may well find that you do not need more than a free account - as this comes with a lot of features and functionality. Give it a try, and it will soon become your all-in-one notes solution.

We have managed to get a more synchronized and simplified noting system for systemizing every aspect of our business - however, there are some issues that we have run into with doing this, as their sharing interface has much to be desired, and we have struggled to ensure that the same files are across each of our devices and accounts.

Evernote review by Brett W.
Brett W.

"Great for organizing thoughts and research"

What do you like best?

Evernote trumps old-school document management as typified by google docs and ms word. Try using either of those apps to jot down ideas, build a collection of research (articles, notes, quotes, etc) and you'll quickly go back to pen and paper. Evernote however can handle your errata, from the amazing article you found on the Economist to the 25 minute Nella Ray workout PDF to boring old meeting notes.

What do you dislike?

While I sing Evernote's praises over Word and Google Docs, I still am wishing for an organizational schema i have yet to meet, or perhaps even imagine. Something that smartly tags without asking, organizes in virtual drawers based on machine learned criteria, and serves up insight from the cornucopia. Well, maybe that;s a lot to ask, but I feel that the two primary organizational methods in evernote compete with each other, so I have abandoned notebooks in favor of solely relying on tags (and search).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Thankfully most of the products in this space are free so review what's available before going all-in.

Evernote has helped me maintain a semblance (and only that) of order as a frenzied manager with multiple responsibilities all requiring my attention. It allows for the drafting of documents in a less imposing context (eg word) that can coexist along with the information needed for those documents (except for spreadsheets and websites of course)

Evernote review by Danielle M.
Danielle M.

"Great for Those Committed to Going Paperless"

What do you like best?

I really love being able to continually create new ways to organize my notes, add reminders, add notes remotely from mobile, and create many notebooks to keep myself on track and make my documents easy to locate.

What do you dislike?

I would really like to be able to use Evernote as a more efficient daily and monthly calendar/planner, as these are the materials I most frequently use for my current job and go through many paper copies. I believe I can find some templates online, but I haven't found any that are particularly intuitive, or have assisted me more conveniently than a paper planner.

I really like being able to copy an article or resource into Evernote that I may not have time to read at that time, and add tags so I can go back and easily find it later. Additionally I have created a notebook dedicated to documents I would like to read when I have time, and then can move them to the appropriate notebook once I've been able to spend some time with it.

Evernote review by Kingston D.
Kingston D.

"Powerful note-taking and search features limited by formatting options"

What do you like best?

Evernote is my favourite for the simple reason that search is very powerful. The whole idea of having an app for taking notes is being able to organise the notes and then search for information whenever you are in need of it. Searching for text within images is a big boon!

What do you dislike?

Formatting could have been a bit better. Basic formatting only available across all plans. There is no option to copy paste cells from worksheets and work on them. Simple tables make it a pain to work with if you notes need to contain tables of data that needs to be comprehensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go straight for the business plans. If you are using it in an organisation for your employees, the business plan makes more sense. Presenting notes is also a great feature where you can quickly discuss about the notes that was taken during the last meeting. Offline notes does work but it is also better to stay connected all the time to ensure every note is synced at all times. Sharing a note removes the security lock on it so keep an eye out for that.

One app across devices and across all platforms. Andoird, iOS, Mac OS, Windows. No matter what you use, your notes are just always there and with all the features required. Digitizing business cards is another useful feature. SSO is also good to keep the sign-ups central. Business plan offers all the features required.

Evernote review by Megan N.
Megan N.

"Evernote for business and organization"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about Evernote is that it synchronizes across all devices. Whether I'm online, on the mobile app, or on my computer, I can see all my notes not matter which device they originated on. I also love that I can I can organize my notes into different notebooks. And being able to add tags to my notes is especially helpful when I am searching for a specific note quickly.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to complain about with Evernote other than that the interface could be a little more organized. Sometimes the layout of the homepage doesn't seem to flow when I"m trying to quickly make a note in a specific notebook. Most of my notes are taken from meetings or phone calls, so I like it to be quick and simple so I don't have to go back and do much editing later.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Evernote to anyone who wishes to keep all of their notes in one place. If you frequently share notes or wish you could share notes without worrying about another email, Evernote is a great option.

With Evernote, I'm able to share notes and keep track of important information without having to keep track of different notes in different places. They are all in one place. I like that I'm able to be selective about which notes are shared and which ones are private. Evernote has also helped me keep track of attachments such as photos and videos.

Evernote review by Bret P.
Bret P.

"Gets the job done but leaves a lot to be desired. "

What do you like best?

Cross platform syncing works well and conflicts are easy to detect and solve.

What do you dislike?

All the limitations. It seems every year I get less than before and upgrading doesn't seem worthwhile at this point. Although I haven't stopped using it but I find it hard to justify.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you haven't used it I would look at other solutions out there.

If you are a user, well I would probably try upgrading. I feel I dislike a few things but I continue to use it daily. I will probably upgrade at some point since most of my concerns are addressed with the upgrade.

Some issues with the free version are:

- note limitations like nothing over 25MB per note.

- monthly upload quota

- searching notes is pretty painful sometimes

Mostly note taking, planning and sharing notes with team members and clients.

Evernote review by Hemantha C.
Hemantha C.

"The best note-making app out there !!"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Evernote is that - there is no limitation of what you could save or write in it. It helps me not worry about remembering things. I myself write my thoughts, my personal experiences and I even save extracts of my reading lists on Evernote. And all these features just for Free!! Evernote app on Android has the best usability and never once crashed. I also use it on my PC. Evernote offers a great user experience altogether.

What do you dislike?

I hope they could make their Google Chrome Extension better by offering more features like - highlighting on the webpages and then saving them - maybe a few borrows from One Note in this aspect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For everyone who desires on having an All-in-one app that could contain all your notes, checklists, memories or even a digital journal - Evernote is the one to go. It's simple to use - and you can always save your thoughts with not fearing to remember or organize everything. It can be synchronized over all the platforms you are using Evernote. It has greater web support and one of the best user Interfaces I have ever used for creating and saving my content.

Having the ability to see my saved content on all platforms possible solves most of my Business Problems.And I use Evernote to search text within images I take from my clippings or pictures that contain Text that couldn't be otherwise copied.

Evernote review by Christopher B.
Christopher B.

"Terrific tool for storing and managing a range of information - text, images, video"

What do you like best?

I can store all kinds of data in Evernote. I have protected Notebooks for passwords, one that is just for To Do Lists, airline and travel information, et al. I can set up favorites that are easily accessible from a browser or from the app on my phone or my Windows 10 laptop. All the data is synced across all platforms. Also you can draw or speak to enter data - very handy!

What do you dislike?

The "Search" functionality is a bit inconsistent. It works very well when accessing your data from a Web browser but can take some hunting and pecking to find stuff using the app. Putting in a search term will bring you to the appropriate Notebook but then you have to scroll down until you find the information you are looking for. Depending on how much info is in each Notebook, this can be time-consuming. I recommend creating multiple notebooks with specific data rather than large ones that contain a range of information. Better to err on the side of specific.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool for managing lots of different kinds of data across various form factors.

I use Evernote to keep track of a wide range of structured and unstructured data. I have everything from passwords, to do lists to images. It has a terrific bookmarklet function that I use it to clip Website pages and articles and blogs of interest to add to various notebooks for later reference. Very handy!

Evernote review by Nate H.
Nate H.

"Part of my outboard brain"

What do you like best?

I've been using Evernote for over a decade now (since version 1). It's become a trusted part of my digital organization process faithfully storing just about anything I throw at it; files, web pages, reminders, text notes, email, etc. If you're not careful to spend some time curating what you store it can become a digital junk drawer so be aware of that!

I use the "Clip to Evernote" Chrome extension frequently. It does a good job at preserving layout and page content for reference later.

They've got strong desktop and mobile apps across just about all platforms. Having moved between iOS and Android devices I appreciate the consistent user experience presented on both.

Of course storing content is only part of the equation, finding it again is also very important. Evernote has a mature set of advanced search tools and can even perform OCR for searching through handwritten documents.

What do you dislike?

They've got a history of moving some free features to the premium side of the house (Outlook plugin, sync on more than 2 devices), but it's understandable as they adjust to stay profitable.

Until recently the support for tables in an Evernote note was pretty basic. An update this year added quite a few options now for using tables (closer to on par with other tools like OneNote).

Recommendations to others considering the product

A more mature note taking and digital capture tool for use just about anywhere.

Being able to find a snippet of information quickly is valuable. Figuring out where I ran across a particular bit of code, quote or content can be time consuming. Getting into the habit of saving what I may need to reference into Evernote has made me more productive. (Of course figuring out what I may need in the future is a whole different matter!)

Evernote review by Jesse S.
Jesse S.

"Great Integrations and Limitless Organization"

What do you like best?

One of the best features of Evernote is the ability to capture web pages, articles and notes without ever having to open the Evernote program. I can use web extensions in Chrome and add ons in Mozilla to easily capture content I want to organize and find at a later date. I don't have to always keep Evernote open and I love that.

What do you dislike?

One of the biggest downsides to Evernote is the ability to work with template notes. There are some suggested workflows from Evernote on using templates and even some great templates provided by Evernote. However, to create a note from a template, you have to open the "template" note and make a copy of it. There isn't a native way to create a new note from a template or to have template notes automatically generated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give Evernote a try. The support forums are full of great information and there is a huge community behind Evernote. Anything you want to do with Evernote has probably already been discussed. You will not be disappointed.

Creating an electronic journal is extremely difficult to do outside of Evernote. I need to maintain a high level of productivity and Evernote is a critical part of my productivity. I often create blog posts and marketing material that uses content I've consumed online as inspiration. I can quickly capture the original material and categorize it in Evernote using Notebooks and Tags so that I can quickly find the data again. I also use Evernote to backup my precious notes created on my Samsung Note products.

Evernote review by Ricky F.
Ricky F.

"I want to like this, but I don't."

What do you like best?

A digital place for all my stuff, but I already have that. Evernote does a decent job at getting the organization job done. I'm sure for people who use other platforms, or multiple platforms, Evernote would work great. I do like that Evernote works with Moleskin products. So writing and digital comes together nicely.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found a good use for it yet. Using Macs and iPhones, I already have everything in iCloud. The Apple universe provides me and my organization the tools needed to keep everything in one place. One thing I really don't like is the fact that the UI doesn't seem to be very friendly in my honest opinion. I am a stickler for simplicity, Evernote seems to pride itself on simplicity, but it just doesn't come across for me and my organization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it depends on your needs, but the Apple universe works well for me and my organization. The good thing that Evernote will do for smaller organizations is that it is multiplatform. Therefore, if you are using PCs and Macs, Androids and iPhones, Google and Bing, you should be good to go with Evernote.

I have realized no significant benefits. I have tried to utilize the Evernote platform, but I have not been able to find a daily need for it. I would like to utilize it for volunteers as we are a non profit, but have not attempted that yet.

Evernote review by Lisa I.
Lisa I.

"Evernote is a good place to store everything "

What do you like best?

Evernote is a way to create folders and documents, like a digital file cabinet. It's also a great place to compose thoughts, like a workspace for creativity.

It has a robust search function. I can just throw text into a note, and easily find it later.

What do you dislike?

I use Evernote online, and it can be annoying to log in every time I need to access my "file cabinet."

We did have trouble once when we lost documents that we had saved in Evernote-- it was due to a syncing issue between the desktop and online version. We were able to recover the document but it took some work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take time to set up a folder and file structure that will allow you to truly maximize Evernote's benefits. Also, install the Web Clipper extension so that you can use one-click to save items as you browse the internet.

Evernote is a great collaboration tool. When working as a Virtual Assistant my boss and I were able to collaborate on writing projects, and I was able to have access to a huge library of data that they stored in Evernote.

Evernote saves me time because I can quickly store information there and access it anytime later, without cluttering my computer's storage.

Evernote review by Francesco M.
Francesco M.

"Bets app for notes"

What do you like best?

I use Evernote accross all my devices. Desktop pc, iPhone, iPad, Mac. Once you put your docs or notes into Evernote you will never lose it, unless you delete them. The syncronization between devices is almost in real time, and you have unlimited space to store you docs or pics, the only limit is about the monthly amount. It also allows you to save articles for the web in various format.

What do you dislike?

The apps from the variuos platforms can appear different and you have different experience with them. Also you can't differenciate the notes by visual elements, but just with tags. I also upgraded to pro for the pdf annotations stuff, but what I get is not what I really need. But no real problem in Evernote.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider Evernote as a personal assistant that cand store and archive you ideas, notes, articles, pictures and docs as you need. I can reccomend you to try the basic version that is also free and have all the main features that you need to test it out. You'll love it, just as I love use it in my everyday life and work.

I use it to keep record on notes about projects and ideas. Also with Evernote I save many articles from the internet to have them later for my work. It's good to store them with tags that helps you to stay organized and read all your docs from where you want.

Evernote review by Julia K.
Julia K.

"Lifesaver for law practice"

What do you like best?

Evernote helps me keep track of things- time especially (billable hours)- no matter what device I am using. If I need to jot something down on my phone and see it easily on my computer, or ipad, evernote is my go to.

What do you dislike?

My boss once had a software upgrade that wiped all her data but I think that was a one time bug. Sometimes the syncing isn't automatic so if I only have one device on me I need to double check it syncs before logging out to make sure I have it on the other devices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it. It's a great free program that is compatible on myriad devices.

Our billing software makes us pay for each user computer. I track my billable hours on evernote so that I can enter my time in later.

Evernote review by Cody N.
Cody N.

"Useful but not robust"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that I can look back on all of my notes very easily. Even if it was from my first day on the job, it's easy to find them. It's also very easy to organize my notes, whether that is notes from my manager meetings, entire team meetings or when learning about a new product of our own.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the ease of use when wanting to create mass amounts of the same note. For example, in my role, I follow similar questions on every call and fill in notes under each questions. I wish it was a bit easier to create the same type of note multiple times rather than just constantly "duplicating note".

This is solving our issue of utilizing a giant word document or something similar that's native only to our computer to take notes. Allows me to more easily share notes with coworkers.

Evernote review by Jacopo D.
Jacopo D.

"Increase your productivity and work flow with Evernote"

What do you like best?

With Evernote you can easily take notes and have access to the notes with any devices you want. It have incredible searching features. Evernote also permits you to integrate the app with your browser and mail client, so you can save web article and / or email as notes to share or keep with you. The design and interface is clean and intuitive, and the beginning tutorial and the help section on their web site (blog and articles) help you a lot in the first using.

What do you dislike?

The free version limits you in usign only two devices to pair your account, and also happens that the mid plan miss some important features so you have to reach out the Premium plan that is a little bit expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Even if expensive I believe that Evernote is the best app/software out there to keep yourself and your work organized. Try it in the free version and you will buy the premium want because you'll realize you need it. It happened to me.

I use Evernote to share and keep on record notes and articles for my project. The platform really help me to keep all documents and ideas and articles for a project in the same folder, so I can easily access and focus all my efforts on the work.

Evernote review by Valeria P.
Valeria P.

"Save small important documents in Evernote"

What do you like best?

I use Evernote to save small documents, personal documents like shopping lists, movies I want to see, small notes I have to remember later, books I want to buy, medical information, and even recipes; and business documents like meetings I have scheduled, things I need to remember, lists of things I need at the office, among others. Evernote is the perfect app to save those small reminders. You can write paragraphs, make lists, upload images and audios, among other things. All of this is saved in your account and you can access to this information in any device, you can download the app in your smartphone or in the computer, and everything you write in one device will be synchronized in the other as well.

What do you dislike?

I really do not have negative comments about Evernote. It has helped me a lot because at first I always wrote everything I needed to remember in a paper but I also lost those little papers and I was not organized. Besides I am that type of person that needs to write everything down because otherwise I will forget what I have to do later.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend you to give it a try because you will find benefits that will help you improve your daily life.

The main business problem I am solving with Evernote is remembering everything I need to do. I organize in the same place all those little things that I must remember, and also I can share those notes, documents, images, lists, and audios.

Evernote review by Arpan P.
Arpan P.

"My Evernote experience"

What do you like best?

Easy to use User interface. It is really basic and one doesn't need to be pro at using this tool. Not at all confusing and classification selection from the very beginning of a note creation is really cool. Sharing featureis useful and require no add-ons while sharing with other user. Group chat is really cool

What do you dislike?

As of now I do not have any negative experience with Evernote. It has satisfied all basic needs and requirements and had surpass the expectancy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great product for maintaining notes. Moreover newly added features and easy to use UI is what make this product outstanding. Categorization is really cool feature. It;s no more a simple note keeping tool, but is advanced in so many ways.

Basic note keeping, Group chat, Notes categorization, reduced manual synchronization overhead. TO-DO list keeps me up to date with my work.

Evernote review by Angelina O.
Angelina O.

"excellent"

What do you like best?

Evernote is one of the best application I have. Evernote have simple features which made things easier for us. The web clipper, it allows as to make notes on a certain article and we can through Evernote save all the related search in one place. Todoist is a great, cross-platform tool for managing tasks. I feel like Evernote is my friend. really helped me organise the clutter.

What do you dislike?

Evernote web lacks some features found in Evernote's desktop and mobile apps. I hope to see emojis option soon in EverNote.

Recommendations to others considering the product

i would recommend evernote to those people whose work have always been a clutter, evernote will help you stay organise with your work this really makes things a lot easier

i like to write notes i need evernote nearly everyday to remind me of imprtant tasks i need to finish evernote helps me here.

Evernote review by Joshua B.
Joshua B.

"Easy and fast way to organize everything"

What do you like best?

It's very simple to take notes and keep them organized within notebooks. I use it for business by creating a notebook for each client. Then notes are tagged according to what the note is: call notes, ideas, sketches, etc. I also use it for personal journaling and travel ideas. The scan feature on the iPhone app is great. Put the document on a contrasting surface, snap a pic, and Evernote "converts" it into a very legible 'scanned' document.

What do you dislike?

If I'm being REALLY picky there are some small user interface things that could be cleaned up. As a designer, it bugs me that the body of a note isn't perfectly lined up with the headline. I also wish there was an easier way to convert a note into a PDF. It's doable on a Mac by going to print then choosing Print as a PDF. Why can't there just be a button that instantly downloads a PDF of the note?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Commit to keeping everything in Evernote. It makes it easier to find in the future.

I force myself to take ALL notes in Evernote. Whether it is notes from a call with a client, brainstorming, a scan of a business card: everything goes into Evernote so it's all in one place, searchable, and accessible from anywhere.

Evernote review by Carlos S.
Carlos S.

"Fantastic Note Taking App"

What do you like best?

Evernote is great for taking and storing notes. The notes are accessible from multiple devices. It offers basic formatting features like numbered lists, bullets, tables, and more. The app is accessible from mobile devices, laptops, and via the web. It also allows for labels and folder creation which is helpful for organization. Notes can also be sorted for other data such as the date created or modified. Multiple file types can be added including voice notes, pictures, and documents.

What do you dislike?

Evernote could still use more robust features like spelling and grammar checking. The company also has limits on the number of devices that the app can be accessed from (two).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Evernote's basic versus premium features could make a big difference and the upgrade would be useful for business and heavy users of the app, including greater storage, more devices, and file type support. The interface or presentation of the notes could be improved to offer more color for backgrounds or to lay out the note and a manner more similar to a word document or powerpoint slide.

Having a central place to save web links, notes, information for later is incredibly helpful as recall can be difficult.

Evernote review by Sean F.
Sean F.

"Use it every single day"

What do you like best?

The ability to both keep notes in folders and also tag them makes it very easy to find information. It's my go-to note-taking app. The fact that it can search within attachments like pictures and PDFs is pretty amazing too. It is more intuitive than storing hundreds of Word documents in a local file directory. The fact that everything is in one place and easy to reach is great. And of course syncing across all devices is great.

What do you dislike?

I'm not a fan of the text editor. It could use additional features and shortcuts. If it were a bit more sophisticated, like Word, I would be happy. It lacks a lot of formatting capabilities. Also, I never use the web clipper. I haven't found it useful for saving bookmarks or articles -- there are better apps for that. There have also been a few times where there were conflicting changes in a note, and it was extremely annoying to fix.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn the shortcut commands, it makes things easier.

Saving ideas is always just a few clicks away. I never lose anything with Evernote. I'm also able to share my notes with others, which is helpful, but it is not really a tool I would use for collaboration. I use it both for organizing my work to-do's and my personal life... I even use it to record wine labels on particular vintages I come across and like!

Evernote review by Valerie H.
Valerie H.

"Classic app - Evernote Plus is occasionally worth the price"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to add photos to my notes - it makes it easy to just grab a snapshot of inspiration. There is also the super useful search feature that comes in handy when you have a lot of notes in different folders like I do - I've found that for some reason other note apps don't have a search feature.

What do you dislike?

I hate that you can only sync 2 devices with the basic plan. If you have a laptop, phone, and tablet you have to choose between the devices. Evernote Plus is $3.99 a month, which seems a lot for extra devices - especially when the other features with Plus or Premium are not incentivizing (to me at least). I also wish there was more customization on the main "Notes" area - such as the ability to pin notes you might reference often.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Works great if you're just looking to jot down ideas and thoughts! Organization is easy and works seamlessly between devices - even the web view is user-friendly.

I don't think I would recommend this as a main source of note-taking for a class or anything like that.

I love being able to add notes or reminders at any time and have them across all my devices. It helps make sure small tasks do not get overlooked and good ideas don't get forgotten.

Evernote review by Emmanuel M.
Emmanuel M.

"Evernote: the Swiss Army knife of note-taking"

What do you like best?

Features that stand out:

I especially like the ease in creating personalized tags.

Clean and unobstrusive user interface, especially in mobile devices.

Simple and intuitive to use, yet powerful in use cases where advanced features are required.

Powerful, advanced search feature using reserved keywords, similar to Gmail.

No less than 5 different viewing options / configurations.

For web content, source URL or website automatically recognized and hyperlinked.

What do you dislike?

Word wrap works fine in mobile devices, automatically adjusting content to the width of the screen. But not so on a desktop, where there appears to be no word wrap nor an option to automatically adjust text size and line width apart from selecting all text and adjusting the font size manually.

Sidebar (showing notebooks) cannot be totally collapsed, only minimized.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Beyond using Evernote for personal notes, if you're part of a work, team, you should check out Evernote's ability to save emails and web pages into your personal notebook for anywhere access.

Access to notes from any device. Evernote combines the functionalities of a full-featured word processor, an advanced search engine, and email client in a user-friendly package.

Evernote review by Róger Z.
Róger Z.

"I love Evernote, I've been using it for years! "

What do you like best?

I like the fact that it's a really flexible tool, I've used it as a note taking app for my classes at the university, I've used it as a personal note pad/ to-do list and I've also used as a multiple users notepad in a couple of design projects. I like the extension that you can install on Chrome too, it's really helpful. I also like the fact that you can attach pdf's into the notes!

What do you dislike?

I don't like the atlas feature. I also dislike the lack of integration with images and that sort of files, I can't easily drop an image without making a mess out of my notes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's just a great software for note taking, I recommend it if you want to have all your notes in one place. It's pretty straight forward and easy to learn.

I think in general is a great repository, it's organized and efficient so I save a lot of time getting exactly what I'm looking for. It's also great for meetings and classes, you can take notes on your laptop, tablet or even your phone, that's really handy.

Evernote review by Darrick S.
Darrick S.

"Notes for Everywhere!"

What do you like best?

Evernote is a very unique way to keep track of practically everything you could want to do. From making list, to writing our entire articles and easily transferring it from your phone or tablet to a computer. The ability to sync across multiple devices means you can always work on your projects. This is also a great tool to use when working with other people on projects.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about Evernote is you need to have a subscription if you want to use it across more than two devices. Which can be a problem if you travel a lot and you have to use a mobile device, a laptop and a computer. While this is a mild inconvenience if you're looking for a completely free tool that can be used across a lot of devices, it's only a small fee.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Evernote is free for most of its features, there is no reason to not try this program out. It's very user friendly and really easy to pick up. It will definitely help you with your work, or even the most basic of task like making a grocery shopping list on your computer and then accessing it on your phone.

For my work and business evernote allows me to make quick notes that I can update inbetween devices. This also allows me to prewrite some data on my mobile device while I travel, which I can later finish on my computer, allowing me to keep my work going nonstop. This gives so many more benefits as well, with the ability to embed images and other things into each note.

Evernote review by Matt H.
Matt H.

"Evernote is my external brain"

What do you like best?

This software has been around a long time and is very well thought through. The developers and designers on their team have made it very easy to use across all platforms and have maintained that excellence for years. Ease of use is essential for a capture/retrieval tool, and Evernote does it best.

What do you dislike?

The things I dislike about the software have more to do with the nature of the workflow it captures. You have to actually USE it for it to be useful. It can't read your mind very well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give evernote everything. Scan physical documents into it. Clip interesting articles into it. Forward emails you'll need for travel, etc to it. At first just start dumping things into it and you'll see its utility.

Evernote is a crucial part of my every day productivity and an integral component of my GTD workflow. It serves as my digital file cabinet. I scan most all of my documents into it and use it to store article clippings and other items for later retrieval. It is essentially a personal database, pre-filtered for content I know to be useful.

Evernote review by Tina Y.
Tina Y.

"Really helpful when I'm away from desk."

What do you like best?

Evernote is a great way to keep my notes organized. When writing in notebooks with a pen, I tend to grab whatever is nearby and then i lose track of what notebook my notes are in. With Evernote i can keep everything in one place, separate by "notebook" and access my notes wherever I am!

What do you dislike?

Evernote has a great upgrade feature! I unfortunately do not have the funds to purchase the upgrade. So, in the basic version, I do not like that I am only able to add pictures at the end of my notes. Sometimes I forget to reference which picture matches my comments. Evernote also opens up with the last note that you took. I wish there was a way to open the app and see all the notebooks that are active and choose where you want to start.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would certainly consider using this app as a way to take notes at conferences, meetings outside the office, or in the office as well. You are able to sync all of your devices so that your notes are accessible everywhere you go.

I am able to bring my laptop to a meeting in a different location, outside my office, and take notes. Once I am back in the office, I am able to access my notes again, no matter what device I am using. I love that it syncs all my note-taking. I do appreciate that i can capture a picture of the presentation I am listening to and add the photo to my notes - in case the presenter is going too fast or I was distracted. I appreciate that I can use Evernote to take meeting minutes and forward them to my boss.

Evernote review by Laurent S.
Laurent S.

"The organizational center of my life"

What do you like best?

The flexibility of the software. You can really implement your method of organization pretty easily.

What do you dislike?

Some annoying bugs when editing text. Evernote is not a text editor, so sometimes you struggle with your text. Things getting better though. And it might only be the Mac version. Never used the Windows version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend anyone starting with Evernote to think of what you want to achieve when using it. Too often (and I've made the same mistake), people expect Evernote to be an out of the box solution to their organisational problems, and are soon lost within the application, not knowing what to do with it.

But the main advantage of Evernote is that you can make it fit your needs not the way around.

I personally use a custom method based on GTD with notebooks (not much tags as I find them less intuitive to use). So I have an inbox folder when I send every single piece of information I can get in the day.

Then I have a "references" folder, "waiting for" folder, etc. You get the idea.

Evernote can really help you in both your personal and professional life but you have some work to do first to find the right method and implement it the way you want in the software.

I use Evernote everyday both personally and professionally to get organized and don't have to remember what's not that important.

So, every piece of information I get during the day goes to Evernote. It can be the bills, a link to a website I want to check later, a blog post I want to keep, a letter I've started to work on, etc.

Besides that, the Business plan allows you to share these information with your team, the way you want

Evernote review by Sabina T.
Sabina T.

"Better than 'Notes'"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy that you can essentially set a to do list, a presentation, save as a pdf and share to colleagues in one app. It's a really great place for me to keep detailed notes.

What do you dislike?

Not a huge fan of having to pay to access the same content on a different device. I think there are similar softwares that allow you to access your content from other locations. I.e. iCloud, Dropbox, GoogleDocs

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good for a basic notebook, where you will only need to access notes on that computer. Not for multi-device use unless willing to pay for Premium.

Not solving any business problems really. I like it better than Word, but due to the access issue... any work that needs to be shared or accessed by the company will be placed in either DropBox or GoogleDocs.

Evernote review by Mathias H.
Mathias H.

"no software is an island"

What do you like best?

ease of use, hotkeys, reliable sync across devices (not Linux), integrating several accounts in the desktop software; advanced search functions and keeping a history of your notes (only with premium)

What do you dislike?

ever more bloated add-ons and mission creep into all sorts of other programs on your computer, e.g. Outlook

Quite pricey and restrictive (No. of devices it syncs across)

limited editing of proprietary enml code (there used to be an editor by ping13.net had an enml editor where you could "get your hands dirty" with your Evernotes, but it's now defunct. So if you copy and paste from all sorts of source, you'll have lots and lots of enml code in your notes and they may start behaving erratically, and there's nothing you can do about it

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try a couple of tools from the plethora available, e.g. OneNote, Simplenote, Google Keep, Dropbox Paper, and see if there's a cheaper or even free one that meets your needs

keeping track of ideas, annotating documents, making lists (to-do, shopping)

accessing personal and work accounts in one desktop application

Evernote review by Diana B.
Diana B.

"Evernote Review"

What do you like best?

The ability to assign tags, sort notes by category, search across all of your notebooks, and support for links and images. In previous companies, we used the shared notebooks quite a bit which was very useful.

What do you dislike?

That the free version restricts the number of devices that can have access to your notes. I had to chose which devices so I chose my laptop and my phone - I do miss having it on my iPad.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it's worthwhile if you are a one man shop or if you are collaborating with others. Give it a try before paying for other similar products. You will find the interface to be easy to use and the features to be very robust.

I use Evernote to track all of the special order request from customers. I can easily search my notes to find the contact information when the items are available and I have to notify them. I have easy access on both my laptop and my phone which saves me a lot of time.

Evernote review by Manuel D.
Manuel D.

"A perfect place to keep notes "

What do you like best?

Evernote is a perfect place to keep notes. It is accessible from everywhere, mobile, computer, laptop or tablet. Very easy to access, very simple to use. Synchronise all your notes in a second on all your devices.

Allows you also to share your notes and control who looked at them. Seems to be possible to create unlimited notes. Never had a problem with limits.

What do you dislike?

Evernote is sometimes complicated to share the notes. They have changed their policy a few months ago and now, you have only access to 2 apparels (mobile and laptop for example). This limit a little bit the advantages of the services. Now unlimited apparels version is a paid version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Evernote will help you to keep all your notes in a structured way. You will be able to access it from laptop, mobile, tablet with no problem. Your notes will be always with you and you will be able to write notes on the run also

I have to create a lot of notes with different topics. Evernote allows me to do it perfectly.

The benefit is that all those notes are perfectly structured in one place, synchronize to minimum 2 devices (free version) and you can share it with an unlimited user. Very easy to use. Mobile friendly also.

The people you are sharing with can also modify the notes but you can also block from being modified. This was a problem for me.

Evernote review by Samuel R.
Samuel R.

"Evernote. Is. Awesome."

What do you like best?

I love that I can link notes together into chains or layers, because I'll have lists within lists you know. Other simpler note taking apps have not been able to help me lay out my complex layers. Although it's tedious, I like how I can reformat what I have but again I have to do it for every single page of notes I have in my note tree. Not to mention the application is free to use! I did a search on Reddit asking where I could find a note taking app that could allow you to link different notes together and the consensus was EverNote.

What do you dislike?

I usually have to change the way the text is laid out. As I build long chains of linked notes, I find myself building my own inner structure to compensate for EverNote's short comings. It doesn't compare to word processors in terms of ease of use and formatting. I am reduced to using it as a web of complex notes and usually it can be hard for me to navigate even.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend you get ready to have a great note taking app : )

I use this app to lay out all of my ideas, almost any aspect of my life. For example I have a main page where categories are listed and each of those is a link to a new list of categories, so on and so fourth until it comes down to details and content, links or pictures.

Evernote review by Sinly L.
Sinly L.

"Great Way to Organize Your Notes and Ideas"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that it is so easy to organize all my notes and ideas in one place. I am able to sync up my phone, tablet, computers so that anywhere and anytime I can add anything to my ongoing projects I can do it simply.

What do you dislike?

I wish that it had more options to personalize it. Personally I am not a fan of their design aesthetic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are constantly come up with ideas at random times and want to be able to capture, organize, store, collect it then this is perfect for you.

Project ideas. Its very common to have random brilliant idea bubbles that burst out of nowhere, so the convenience of being able to capture it and organize it so that it would be of use is convenient and beneficial.

Evernote review by Zach B.
Zach B.

"Evernote - Better Notes"

What do you like best?

Multiple App options. I can keep lists of things more organized and access them easy. Also, sharing with other is great. We even use for keeping track of recipes as a family, I take notes on various books I read to use quotes for later use, I use it for business to keep track of various articles on web and strategies for teaching that I find while browsing web.

What do you dislike?

Only once had an issue with syncing from iphone app. It never did and I when accessed from another computer number of notes where completely lost. I believe they've streamlined this since or at least made it more obviously how to double check that it actually is syncing.

Streamlined note taking when stock phone app doesn't cut it. Need to access it everywhere and it is safe.

Evernote review by Gabrielle B.
Gabrielle B.

"Help get organized"

What do you like best?

I love being organized. Evernote is a great program to help with that. The Chrome extension is super helpful to clip and save information to Evernote. I love being able to use the app as well as the online version. Share options is also super helpful and allows sharing across multiple platforms and social media sites

What do you dislike?

The app can be a bit clunky and doesn't always sync properly. I wish there were a few more edit options in the program. I would like a drawing option in the notebook field.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great inexpensive option for note taking and document creation. I have not tired the upgraded options - so there could be even more options then what I have in the free version. But for the library setting, the free version works great.

Keeping my life and projects organized and in one place.