Evernote

Remember everything. Capture Everything. Access anywhere. Find things fast.

Work for Evernote?

Learning about Evernote?

Evernote Reviews

Ask Evernote a Question
Showing 937 Evernote reviews
Evernote review by <span>Élodie M.</span>
Élodie M.
Validated Review

A one-time place for your notes

Validated Review
What do you like best?

What I like best with Evernote is the easy way to create notes, save them and write meeting notes. This last one has saved my everyday job since all my notes from our team meetings are at the same place. Evernote synchronizes with my agenda and transfer all the informations about the meeting directly in the note I create.

What do you dislike?

I still struggle a bit with the organization of my notes. I can create folders but I haven't still figure out what folders and for what notes I should create.

I also think the sharing function could be way more improved. There is a great potential here. When I share my notes, this one isn't synchronized with the modification the receiver can made on my notes. If this would be possible, it would maybe even outmatch Google Docs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a one-time place to take notes and save them in the blink of an eye, you've found it with Evernote.

Evernote basically helps me write and organize my notes wherever I am. The easy creation of notes helps our team to take notes quickly during a meeting and then re-read them during the project.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Evernote
Evernote review by <span>Jennifer W.</span>
Jennifer W.

My Favorite Piece of Technology for Work

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I like the simplicity the best! I also use their Search function a lot, because I take TONS of notes! Using the Search function gets me to where I need to be quickly. And that’s important when I’m trying to jot something down before I forget it. The interface is so simple, yet beautiful. It’s not complicated or overwhelming. They offer the same text capabilities as any other document interface (formatting options, bullet points or number lists, linking, etc.). Users have the ability to upload PDFs or other documents to their notes, as well as connect Evernote to Google Drive for linking relevant projects. It also has browser extensions that allow you to save a web page, in its entirety, with just one click.

What do you dislike?

Every now and then the auto-save creates a new note with the same information in. That can be a little frustrating to clean up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just give it a try! It's easy to test and easy to move on if you don't like it. But, you will.

Professionally, I have notebooks for partnerships, vendors, marketing campaigns, internal meetings, how-to’s and useful videos/articles (I use the Web Clipper for this one). Within those notebooks, I have a note for each item. Within that note, I track updates. For example, if I have a call with Vendor A, I’ll search for that vendor’s name before I hop on the call. The search function will take me to the specific Vendor A note, which is organized in my “Vendor” notebook. Within my note, I’ll record the date and purpose of the call, and then use the bullet-point function to keep track of our conversation.

I take all meeting notes in Evernote, as well, so that I can easily reference them later. Whenever we have a new Feature Release, I’ll take notes in Evernote of the internal unveiling so I can easily relay the information to my clients without forgetting key points.

Personally, I use it for journaling, recipes, and keeping track of important phone calls, account information, or notes from pediatrician appointments.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Note-Taking Management solution do you use?

Evernote review by <span>J Allen M.</span>
J Allen M.
Validated Review

Great for organizing your notes!

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I like the fact that I can integrate it throughout my computer, tablets, and phone. Any off the top of my head ideas I can easily jot it down and then brainstorm it all together at a later date.

I also like the fact that I can organize my notes with photos and screenshots and plop them into my any ideas.

What do you dislike?

The ability to create little folders. I think I'm so used to little folders seeing my notes in various lists detract from its aesthetic value for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Want to organize ideas simply and effectively Evernote will do the job.

When we are thinking of quick ideas and business solutions on the fly, sometimes youll have random ideas that will pop into your head. This a great way to jot it down with any type of technology that is readily available to you or on hand and return to it later.

Evernote review by <span>Donny I.</span>
Donny I.
Validated Review

Let me work faster and organized.

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I like the better way to save every important data and faster find the info I want. Actually, I can do a lot of good things like add links, spreadsheet, attachments, and sound to our notice. Also, great that my colleagues know and work everywhere, no matter what the conditions, with the recent variant of documents.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any bad thoughts about that platform. Actually, I get a lot of working stuff which helps me a lot and doesn't bring any bad issues to us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software will help you to work better. Much better a personal filing method, or individual notes app, rather than a cooperate platform. Here you can create as much as you can. Ther will be a lot of place for your notes.

We like that we can easily save ideas in any format, and store information centrally. We can track the progress of projects and always keep control all the information you need to work. Also, we have the ability to view and renew early option of notes.

Evernote review by <span>Tina F.</span>
Tina F.
Validated Review

Can't Imagine My Life Without It!

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I love everything about Evernote. Running my own business I have to keep track of client work, invoices and project timelines. Evernote helps me keep track of all of it with notebooks and the ability to save important documents. The premium version has paid itself off time and time again. I even use it for important (and some not so important) personal documents and other information that I need to keep track of. The offline access is convenient as well when I need to access certain things from my phone.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there isn't much that I don't like about it. There certainly is a learning curve, however once you figure out how to make it work for you in the best way possible.

By keeping track of client work, timelines and other documents such as invoices and all that. The amount of time I have save by being able to simply pick up my phone and access this information has been such a convenience.

Evernote review by <span>Tyler M.</span>
Tyler M.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I am a big categorization and compartmentalization person, so the notebook feature on Evernote is so helpful when organizing all of my notes. I also absolutely love the ability to take a picture of hand-written notes, because sometimes I'm a bit old fashioned and like to take notes by hand. I have not yet made use of the multimedia feature, but I could see myself uploading audio clips in the future.

What do you dislike?

One thing I dislike is no fault of the software, but Evernote seems to be better suited as a personal notes app, rather than a collaboration app. I'm not sure if this has to do with the ubiquity of Google Docs, or something inherent to the app itself, but it hasn't been widely adopted at my company for collaborative research documents.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As I mentioned previously, Evernote has worked well as a personal filing system, or personal notes app, rather than a collaborative software.

I love Evernote because I can keep all of my notes in the same place--whether it's personal, professional, or otherwise. So the real benefit is the all-in-one-place aspect of Evernote. The benefits have come from having a quickly searchable archive of nearly everything of importance of the past couple years, since I started using Evernote.

Learning about Evernote?

* We monitor all Evernote reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.