eviews

3.9

EViews offers academic researchers, corporations, government agencies, and students access to statistical, forecasting, and modeling tools through an object-oriented interface.

Work for eviews?

Learning about eviews?

eviews Reviews

Showing 4 eviews reviews
eviews review by Alfred B.
Alfred B.

"A little unfriendly but plenty powerful enough for me"

What do you like best?

Flexibility with model creation/testing.

What do you dislike?

Unforgiving if statistically unqualified

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software is great, but (like most other stats software) it wont hold your hand. Its use depends largely on you stats knowledge so you'll get the most out of it if you already have a good understanding of regression analysis etc.

One problem included deciding whether or not to continue using different types of tests for candidates going through our internal hiring process. EViews is ideal for this kind of analysis because it's easy to get your hands on piles of very quantitative data. Using the software we were able to conduct extensive analysis into the value of the afore mentioned tests and determine their association with historical hires' performance. This meant that we were able to come to a confident decision on whether or not to renew our lease. We have also used the software extensively to conduct time series KPI analysis of our employees. This has enabled us to better evaluate employees after adjusting for control variables. I should stress however that the value realized from this software is dependent on the users statistical ability. If you are a competent statistician you will likely find this software intuitive and flexible after a short while. Without sufficient stats education however, I would imagine that you will struggle to ever fully utilize the software. All that being said, if you can get your hands on the data - you can analyze to your heart's desire in EViews.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about eviews
eviews review by User in Research
User in Research

"Intuitive, but missing a few features"

What do you like best?

Running basic models is very easy. I have no trouble adding ARMA components, dummy variables, trend, etc. It's easy to look at the correlograms, run unit root tests, create VAR models, forecast, etc. etc. Again, The basic are very simple and intuitive. If you try doing this stuff in Stata, Python, or Excel, you'll notice Eviews is simply the best for time series.

What do you dislike?

There seem to be a few things that are missing. For instance, I could not run a switching model with an I(1) variable. The switching models did not allow constructed equations a dependent variables, meaning you could not enter d(series_name). Instead, you would have to manually create the first difference and then run a switching model on that series. This is fine for running the model itself, but it makes forecasting the level series impossible. In short, there needs to be some way to forecast the level of an I(1) series using switching/threshold models

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not perfect, but easily the best software out there for time series data.

Forecasting and seasonal adjustment. We seasonally adjust all of our data, making month-over-month comparisons appropriate. It also allows us to forecast the sort of things you would expect from an economics firm in Nevada: GDP, gaming revenue, visitor volume, etc.

What Diagramming solution do you use?

eviews review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Difficult to use but can be a blessing for analysts if perfected!"

What do you like best?

The software is a combination of spreadsheet and databases that uses limited object orientation programming. I found the ebooks feature quite helpful. Customer Support is great and once you get used to the software, it really solves all your analysis and calculations in literally seconds!

What do you dislike?

One of the major disadvantage of using this software is that this only works on Windows and not on iOS or Linux. Being a Mac user, I have to switch laptops every time I have to use Eviews for my work. Its extremely difficult at start, setting up and using it may be a hassle and it took me a lot of time in perfecting the use of this application as well. Even face problems when exporting to pdf. Frequent updating is required.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this to people who are involved in the finance industry, specially those who are in the same field as I am. Being an analyst requires a lot of calculations and forecasting. Eviews can help with all of this

Being an analyst at a Financial institution, I use Eviews almost everyday a it helps me in general statistical and econometric analyses. It can even run time series estimation, forecast data and due other econometric analyses including panel data analysis or cross-section analysis, all of which is very crucial in my field of work. The software is a combination of spreadsheet and databases that uses limited object orientation programming.

eviews review by Consultant in Research
Consultant in Research

"Awesome Software for data analytics."

What do you like best?

The ease of use of the software, how fast it extrapolates data when I need to forecast. The different tests such as the Johansen cointegration tests and different methodologies to come up with the Error Correction Model. The speed of calculation, The topnotch display. The ease of compatibility with Microsoft excel to import data. Finally the transitioning from eviews 8 to eviews 10 has provided extraordinary features because i used the software as a student and as an employee it made my job easier and improved my efficiency as regards customer satisfaction to the clients i directly worked with.

What do you dislike?

The software, presentation of result is sometimes discombobulating. If you are not a pro on the software it might be difficult to interpret results. Aside this I would say the software is perfect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

its a good software for data analysis.

Forecasting, Data extrapolation, Regression Analysis for my employer's clients

Learning about eviews?

* We monitor all eviews reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.