eviews

EViews offers academic researchers, corporations, government agencies, and students access to statistical, forecasting, and modeling tools through an object-oriented interface.

Work for eviews?

Learning about eviews?

eviews Reviews

Showing 1 eviews review
eviews review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

Difficult to use but can be a blessing for analysts if perfected!

What do you like best?

The software is a combination of spreadsheet and databases that uses limited object orientation programming. I found the ebooks feature quite helpful. Customer Support is great and once you get used to the software, it really solves all your analysis and calculations in literally seconds!

What do you dislike?

One of the major disadvantage of using this software is that this only works on Windows and not on iOS or Linux. Being a Mac user, I have to switch laptops every time I have to use Eviews for my work. Its extremely difficult at start, setting up and using it may be a hassle and it took me a lot of time in perfecting the use of this application as well. Even face problems when exporting to pdf. Frequent updating is required.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this to people who are involved in the finance industry, specially those who are in the same field as I am. Being an analyst requires a lot of calculations and forecasting. Eviews can help with all of this

Being an analyst at a Financial institution, I use Eviews almost everyday a it helps me in general statistical and econometric analyses. It can even run time series estimation, forecast data and due other econometric analyses including panel data analysis or cross-section analysis, all of which is very crucial in my field of work. The software is a combination of spreadsheet and databases that uses limited object orientation programming.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about eviews

What Diagramming solution do you use?

Learning about eviews?

* We monitor all eviews reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.