Evoq Content

DNN's commercially licensed Content Management System (CMS)

Work for Evoq Content?
Captaviplatform webcontentmang  2x

Learning about Evoq Content?

Evoq Content Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 34 Evoq Content reviews
Evoq Content review by <span>Marten v.</span>
Marten v.

Transformative Experience

What do you like best?

1) The ease with which I can make a custom type. I was previously making modules using Christoc, which was fine, but now I specify a content type and make it instantly in the cloud.

2) This is a truly headless CMS, though using it as such takes a bit of setup. By making API calls, I will be able to skip making visualizers and keep my content completely separate from having to make pages.

3) For when I do need to make pages, the visualizers are a nifty way of showing this content - they are using the Shopify Liquid Content templating system which is a fully featured (if at times slightly odd) templating engine.

4) The DNN support is amazing, so different from other CMS' I have used in the past. I have bothered these poor people with so many questions and they have always been great.

What do you dislike?

These dislikes are temporary, solved by the product maturing to the stage where they allow unwashed peasants like myself into their content by direct API call.

1) Cost of being bleeding edge, I do not have an API key so I cannot use the EVOQ content without a visualizer right now. That ability drops with the 9.1.1 release, due out this week.

2) No inherent way to import content out of the gate. They have an import export tool coming but because of timing I will have to whip up something myself. When I get the key they have an example made with excel that I can use.

3) Minor gripe. I want objects to be able to reference themselves. As an example, if I was building a menu, I do not want a content type for level 1 another for level 2 etc - I want a content type menu-item which can have children of itself. Then I can easily build a menu. As I say, minor gripe but it has made me use the old DDRMenu module instead because I don't want a splattering of Content types for different menu levels.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While I am still in the implementation phase, I am super excited for what this offers. One of AEM's newest boasts is that you can use it headlessly - and I think their methodology is kludgy. Sitecore you would have to make all the services yourself, last time I did so I had to do it using SOAP, blurgh.

EVOQ is built to be used this way, it is clean, quick and stores everything in the cloud. Very

We are making a new Angular4 site so I will be using a microservice to pull pure data by url. I can then package it up as json objects, which it needs.

To see some of the things this makes possible, go look at what dnn people are doing internally with it http://www.builtwithdnn.com/ ... tantalizing!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Evoq Content
Evoq Content review by <span>Matthew P.</span>
Matthew P.

A good, basic CMS

What do you like best?

Easy to switch to source code editor. Editor UI makes sense and is easy to understand.

What do you dislike?

Templates and modules can be cumbersome to work with, compared to other CMS. WYSIWYG editor is finicky.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take time to weigh the pros and cons of using Evoq Content versus Wordpress. Setup and maintenance is not as intuitive as other CMS options. Themes, plugins, and other add-ons can incur a significant cost compared to other CMS options. The developer community surrounding Evoq Content is not as large as other CMS options.

Collaboration across business sections is easily achieved with Evoq Content. This is not a unique feature, however. There are other, more robust options for content management. After several months using Evoq Content, it is apparent that

What Web Content Management solution do you use?

Evoq Content review by <span>Anup K.</span>
Anup K.

fully extensible & Functional enterprise class dotnet based CMS

What do you like best?

1. Very modularized. Easy to build modules and deploy.

2. Most of enterprise CMS features are already built in.

3. Good for Dotnet based companies

What do you dislike?

1. Very hardware intensive.. does not work on most of the SHared hosting. Requires VPS hosting. Minimum startup RAM is 1500MB.

2. Steep learning curve

3. Would have been great if the text editor was more powerful

Recommendations to others considering the product

1. If you are looking for an opensource Dotnet based CMS, this is the software for you!

1. Intranet sites

2. Extranet sites

3. Multitenant websites

4. Since it is a CMS, our customers themselves can maintain their content thus reducing the expenses and time to take an information live.

Evoq Content review by <span>Kurt H.</span>
Kurt H.

Making IT and Marketing Happy

What do you like best?

Our editors range from seasoned programmers to people editing a web page for the first time. Evoq Content gives the editors a straight-forward, simple approach to managing content. The learning curve for the CMS is relatively low. Ease-of-use for the average editor does not come with a trade-off of being weak for the IT team. In short, it is the CMS sweet spot of capabilities and ease of use. When a customization is needed, our IT team is able to implement changes easily to meet our business needs. Our marketing team continues to leverage the built-in tools that are continually expanding.

Finally, our IT team, which is small and kept busy, leverages the Enterprise service to get results as efficiently as possible. The DNN team has been very responsive to suggestions, debugging, and advice. When you are a solo administrator, you will benefit from their expert knowledge.

What do you dislike?

In DNN Evoq Content 8, the Page Settings URL Management tool is not as resilient as it should be. On several occasions, editors have accidentally created redirect loops.

Recommendations to others considering the product

After you decide to use DNN, the Enterprise service was extremely helpful to getting us up and running. Forums are improving, but being able to address specific issues we encountered within our internal environment was extremely helpful. The Annual Summit meetings are also a great place to learn a lot about the CMS.

Our site is used for external marketing as well as internal communications, Ease-of-use is priority #1 (for the developers and the editors).

Evoq Content review by <span>Nelson H.</span>
Nelson H.

DNN for Managing an IIS Farm

What do you like best?

note: the likelihood of recommendation is dependent upon the size of the environment in question. I have a "leaning" towards DNN being more applicable to smaller, one node(web head), environments. A very capable content management system for smaller environments, for sure.

It's quite easy to manage modules and specific page content. I have to admit, from a systems administrative perspective, I do not manage the content as other departments do, however. I deploy code through DNN and perform basic operations through the DNN portal, in conjunction with deployments, but our marketing team is much more involved in day-to-day management of the DNN content.

What do you dislike?

From my perspective and past experience, DNN management of a web farm of IIS servers is, to put it simply, a bit buggy. We have had, and still do have, consistent issues with having massive syncing between web heads after making small changes on the DNN portal. These result in negative customer experiences. To DNN supports credit, we have worked quite extensively on this issue, and I need to pick that case up again, as I set it aside some time ago to move onto other "fires".

Dynamic/constantly changing web content. Our marketing team is able to update the site at will, will only small quirks here and there.

Evoq Content review by <span>Vincent M.</span>
Vincent M.

DNN Developer, Designer and Adminsitrator

What do you like best?

As a developer the feature that I like best is the ability to extend the core functionality through the development of custom modules. I have always thought of DNN as much more than a CMS but rather a full web application framework. I also have to mention that I have had nothing but excellent support provided by DNN support - they go above and beyond on a regular basis. And of course, you can't speak about DNN without mentioning the DNN community. The DNN community has traditionally been an incredibly valuable resource regardless if you are just starting out or are a seasoned developer - there's always support to be had from the general community.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much I dislike about the platform. Since this is a required answer I would say it is always a struggle to optimize site performance so I would like to see some improvements in eliminating render blocking core javascript and css files.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Download trial, watch a few inro videos and test it out for yourself. Also, contact the general DNN community through various online forums to see how supportive the community is.

Evoq Content has provides an efficient and flexible platform for managing and publishing content. Our marketing team love the ease at which dynamic content can be published on a regular basis as well as the ease at which static content can be updated when necessary. However, the flexibility in extending the platform, either through the utilization of commercial modules or the development of custom ones, has provided us the biggest benefit.

Learning about Evoq Content?

* We monitor all Evoq Content reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.