Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

ExpanDrive

(37 reviews)

ExpanDrive acts just like a USB drive plugged into your computer. Open, edit, and save files to remote computers from within your favorite programs???even when they are on a server half a world away.

Work for ExpanDrive?

Learning about ExpanDrive?

Compare ExpanDrive to Similar Solutions

ExpanDrive Reviews

Ask ExpanDrive a Question
Showing 39 ExpanDrive reviews
ExpanDrive review by David B.
David B.

"ExpanDrive - a must-have drive mapping solution for Dropbox (and others)"

What do you like best?

Having recently taken the plunge and taken out a Dropbox Business account, after being an avid user of Dropbox (the free version) for many years, but constantly butting against the upper limit of space available.

The greatest benefit of moving to an unlimited cloud storage solution is also its greatest weakness, insofar as you have access to a potentially limitless amount of online storage for (in the case of Dropbox Business) a flat fee, but this means you are regularly accessing an archive that is ultimately likely to significantly exceed your ability to store that data locally. The issue, then, becomes how you can access your data in a quick and easy manner.

Dropbox itself does not have a solution in place at present to enable you to do this - you can either download the Dropbox application to your computer, which enables auto-syncing of the entire archive, or just specific folders if you wish; or you can access the Dropbox site via its online portal. These are adequate, but inelegant solutions to the problem.

Enter ExpanDrive.

ExpanDrive is a solution so simple and yet so elegant, it is everything you could wish for in this situation. It enables you to map a virtual drive to your operating system, and use that to gain access to your online storage space. In my instance, for example, this means I can map my unlimited online Dropbox Business storage space to my local drive, and simply cut/copy-paste my content up into my cloud storage, completely hassle-free !

The product is available to trial for 7-days for free, and was a complete doddle to set-up, taking less than 2 minutes from download to full-drive access. Now I can have the comfort of knowing I have ready access to all my Cloud-stored data, not just that which I can physically fit onto the device I am using.

Thank Heaven for ExpanDrive ! :)

What do you dislike?

To be truthful I have found nothing not to like about this product to date. It does exactly what I need, and is so hassle-free to work with it's perfect for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As with all products offering a trial you should take advantage of ExpanDrive's 7-day trial to ensure it is the right solution for you, but for me ? In all honesty ? This solution is *exactly* what I was looking for, and I could not be happier with it.

I don't have to waste time accessing my cloud-storage via a traditional web-browser; and I don't have to work on local copies of data - I can just work on a single copy of my data from within the archive.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ExpanDrive
ExpanDrive review by Wim H.
Wim H.

"Perfect cloud drivemapping tool for Windows ánd Mac computers."

What do you like best?

ExpanDrive is a perfect solution for people who are using storage in the cloud.

Many people are using cloudstorage, like: Google Drive., Dropbox, OneDrive, your own NAS@home, etc.

Most cloudsolutions provide free tools that continuesly "sync" your cloudfiles to your local harddrive.

Of course when you only use one desktop- or laptopcomputer that will work fine, but the functionality is based on continuesly syncing and keeping the files between your computer and the cloud 100% equal.

So your cloudfiles are always using your local storage too!!

That is only handy when you work a lot of your time "Offline" on one single (laptop)computer.

People sometimes respond: "Yes, but multiple copies is a perfect backup solution, isn't it?".

Unfortunatelly that's not the way those products work. When you delete or breakup a file locally, it's immediatelly synced and also deleted or broken in your cloudstorage.

So people, synced copies from/to the cloud are no backup!

ExpanDrive works in a different way, it creates a drivemapping from your computer to your cloudstorage and it only transfers files from/to the cloudstorage when you really do access, copy or move them.

ExpanDrive really saves you unnessecary spilling of your local storage (no local copies anymore) and also you saves unnessecary internet traffic. There is only internet traffic when you really access/use the files.

Compare ExpanDrive's capabilities like the "old school" drivemappings to your companyserver.

You have a connection to that server, you can see all the files but the files are only transferred when you access them.

Question:

Did you ever synced ALL the files of the company server to your local harddisk? No, I hope you did not!! ;-)

ExpanDrive also does not sync all the files to your local harddrive unnessecary by default.

But when you really want it gives you the ability to do bring your cloudfiles to your local harddrive to work Offline.

At this moment ExpanDrive works on Windows and Mac platform and is expanding to the Linux platform as well. At this moment there is a Beta version available for Linux.

Pros:

- No copies of files "spreaded everywhere" on local harddrives and the different computers that you're using.

- Many supported cloud platforms (Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, etc).

- Driveletters on Windows (ideal for scripts that transfer files from drive "X" to "Y".

- Very easy to connect and to use.

- Offline working with cloudfiles is not setup default, but it is possible (per file/folder).

- Licensing is per User (not per Computer).

- They're expanding to the Linux platform too.

What do you dislike?

Cons:

I did not find any problems with this software yet ;-)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Maybe to develop an app for mobiles devices (IOS and Android)

- No company cloud files are synced to local harddrives on all company computers.

- Never unexpected Full local harddrives because of the continues cloudsyncing.

- In company Windows environments, never unexpected huge userprofiles anymore.

(most cloudfiles are synced to the userprofile by default)

- Less internet traffic, only when you actually access the files.

What File Storage and Sharing solution do you use?

ExpanDrive review by Krishna M.
Krishna M.

"A must for any multi-cloud storage user or anyone that has multiple cloud accounts "

What do you like best?

Expandrive excels at 2 things:

1. Allowing you to mount multiple accounts in a cloud drive simultaneously (i.e., two different Google Drives) on your laptop

2. Allowing you to mount multiple cloud drives (think Google Drive & OneDrive) simultaneously to your laptop

Without ExpanDrive, you can't do #1 and you need to install multiple SW to do #2 (from each cloud vendor). #2 with with multiple SW is just a pain.

One major feature is poorly documented - but a game changer is that ExpanDrive saves files in such a manner that it preserves multiple versions just like Google's File Stream, et al. This allows you to revisit previous versions of the same file through the web interface of the storage provider (both Google Drive & OneDrive support this). Other vendors' solutions don't preserve version history. This is a hidden bonus feature that is invaluable for anyone doing serious work.

Say good buy to maintaining multiple file versions just so that you can roll-back!

What do you dislike?

It worked smoothly on the first attempt...so, didn't experience any negative issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to access more than one account or one cloud storage service, ExpanDrive is a must-have tool.

I need access to multiple Google Drive corporate accounts and also use OneDrive. So, using both #1 & #2 above. With Google File Stream, I have to log out of one account and log into another account...if I accidentally leave any files open, I run into corruption issues (as the underlying storage is invalidated). ExpanDrive eliminates this problem all together.

ExpanDrive review by Ankush D.
Ankush D.

"Expandrive: Must for Windows Users"

What do you like best?

I used ExpanDrive, the substitute to *nix Platform in terms of ease and portability to work on Servers without switching to *nix.

It's really awesome. Must try it if you're a live web developer.

This was helpful for me. Hope that helps you too!

It is just amazing and makes downloading and uploading those files a breeze. I really do recommend this product to anymore who is looking for a good solid solution, such as this.

I have remote computers that share documents and database files. Now I can have these computers share these files in the Expandrive. Previous attempts using solutions like OneDrive and Dropbox brought sync errors and multiple file versions randomly. No such issues with ExpanDrive. Works just like a local network folder.

PS: I'm doing this because their sales team provides a free licence upon sharing this on any social media.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I felt about this was not according.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I was looking a for a solution to access my Amazon S3 data instead of paying more for iCloud. I did some research and came across ExpanDrive. I downloaded the 7 day trial connected my Amazon S3 account. It seamlessly showed me the contents of my buckets and allowed me to access the data immediately. ExpanDrive allows me to create buckets without logging into my AWS account. I got a new Macbook Pro for my birthday and the SSD drive is 128 GB I had to come up with a solution to store my data in the cloud so that I didn't fill up my hard drive fast. So far ExpanDrive is the solution that I have come up with.

Server Connectivity for Web Development.

ExpanDrive review by Ralph G.
Ralph G.

"ExpanDrive: A cloud storage MUST!"

What do you like best?

Ability to use all my cloud-stored files within my Finder (My Computer for you Windows folks) as if they were stored locally.

What do you dislike?

The only disadvantage that this software has is that it's working with cloud storage, thus it's not productive to icon previews for some workflows.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are using DropBox, OneDrive, Google Drive, and other cloud storage providers, you'll definitely want this software. It puts all these drives mapped right into your file browser with ease. It frees up valuable and sometimes limited onboard resources for deployed computers/laptops.

With ExpanDrive, I am able to easily store files in the cloud while keeping my computer clutter-free and running smoothly. With keeping everything stored in the cloud and using this software, disk imaging, files-on-the-go, and collaboration is faster and more productive than having the files locally. With the ability to map all the cloud drives to the computer opens it up to have several terabytes of storage almost at the speed of the files being local.

ExpanDrive review by Nathan R.
Nathan R.

"Cloud storage has never been so easy"

What do you like best?

This software installs in literally seconds.

You have so many options to choose from like dropbox or backblaze b2.

You just insert the credentials for the service, choose a drive letter and connect.

That is it

You have a drive in your computer with the information you want on it just like if you are using windows. You click on a file and it opens up - no need to do special downloads or anything.

This is a gorgeous piece of software.

Since you are not "synching" the information, this is awesome for people who have a lot of files and information but very little HD space locally.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike

This is a straight and honest software that does what it supposed to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a must if you have files online.

It is a very smart thing to have.

Having connectivity to cloud storage, being able to have access to all the files just as if they were on my pc but without taking all the space.

ExpanDrive review by Jan V.
Jan V.

"easy to use, installed & configured in a minute..."

What do you like best?

- easy installation

- straightforward configuration

- one tool to manage and access all cloud media (without syncing to device)

- available on mac and pc !!

- fast support replies (if you need it...)

What do you dislike?

Nothing to mention for the moment...maybe central administration, but not missing it for the moment

Recommendations to others considering the product

just do it

last project we migrated a fileserver to office365 - SharePoint. We installed OneDrive on all the iMacs (in the company) but configuration was time consuming (as there is no sync on demand) and the app was really slowing down the performance of the computers...

We installed & configured Expandrive on all those machines in literally 5 minutes per machine, all their data was available immediatly! Now after a week we noticed that all the individual users configured their personal OneDrive and Dropbox accounts also in the Expandrive app...

ExpanDrive review by Joseph S.
Joseph S.

"Almost beats out Sliced Bread, Easiest Cloud Drive GUI by far."

What do you like best?

VERY concise UI, but has everything you need.

(Mac) it Pushes everything over to the Finder as an attached device (IE each Cloud Storage = an attached Drive. Perfect - just what I want. Allows normal Finder navigation browsing drag n Drop and Load/Save of files for the cloud vendors instead of having to navigate (multiple) cloud interfaces. True one stop shopping for both my work and personal files, yet each is nicely segregated (mandatory for my worktype)

Full Disclosure: I Received a gratis license for a review. But that was because I wanted to tout the benefits of this great product and because my use case is to have MULTIPLE cloud accounts for different reasons and purposes, yet needing to keep them segregated but handy. This UI is simple - for Mac it's an icon in the toolbar, and just like email account setup it Includes options to link your accounts for A3/AWS/Glacier, BackBlaze, Amazon Drive, One Drive personal/Business, Sharepoint (best access to Sharepoint files I've had so far), Google Drive/Cloud, Dropbox/Box, Owncloud, Rackspace, Open-stack, Dream Objects, Hubic -- plus SFTP/FTP, WebDav CIFS/SMB. IE All the biggies and all the self-service types as well. AWESOME!!! So then you can either quick reference the link via clicking on the icon you have 3 options - disconnect (eject), Browse (pop open the Mac finder window with your files) or click a right arrow (opens via GUI dropdown, great for quick access). You simply hover over these and it indicates what the function is - and if you hover over the file in the GUI dropdown, there's icons to open file (finder) or get (copy to clipboard) the shareable link. Wow ! Rare that I'm this excited about an App - one of those which just kind of saves the day on a regular basis productivity wise.

What do you dislike?

They don't seem to have iCloud as an option for it, but that is fine for Mac as iCloud Drive already functions this way - but could be handy to get a quick shareable link for iCloud Drive as well. Absolutely no (significant) complaints. I suppose they could add more cloud vendors (NextCloud is supplanting Owncloud in the marketplace for instance) but my needs are fully covered with what they have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This isn't something you need to worry about if it's useful or if it's annoyance ware. If you would like one quick place to get to your cloud files and like the idea of managing them in the OS's File Manager as if they were an attached drive, then you're in business - and connecting the cloud accounts couldn't be easier. Get the trial and you'll be ready to pay for the app in just a few minutes - knowing you'll never want to get rid of this little jewel. Sounds like I'm a Schill but seriously I'm just excited about the app. Rare that they make the Swiss Army knife just the way you want it.

Benefits: This is the only realistic (sane) option I've seen to be able to segregate (and drag N drop) files around from multiple cloud vendors without having to navigate each as a separate app (most of which are PITA) or of course multiple browsers (horrible). This primary benefit is the whole point - treat all your cloud accounts as if they are separate devices. Isn't this what everyone wants? I can't imaging needing or wanting to use it any other way as the default way to interact if you are accessing this from your workstation (PC).

ExpanDrive review by Mike W.
Mike W.

"Cloud Storage as it should be. "

What do you like best?

I love that ExpanDrive gives me instant access to my files as though they were actually on my computer. I was able to open, edit, and save large graphic files using this tool. I save over 200gb of hard drive by using this product and my files are still accessible on all my devices, anywhere I go.

What do you dislike?

ExpanDrive seeemed to take a lot of system resources when linking to folders with tons of file or subfolders. Be sure to take advantage of deep-linking to the specific files and folders you use frequently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it to sync to sub folders in cloud storage!

I am able to save over 200gb of hard-drive space on my 500gb hard drive by using ExpanDrive.

ExpanDrive review by Garry S.
Garry S.

"How likely would I recommend? I have already..."

What do you like best?

Total simplicity. Attach your cloud drive or ftp (ftp/S3/Google Cloud/sftp/Dropbox/WHATEVER) in the menubar just once, then it's always available as a device in the finder. I am connected right now with my customer S3 bucket - its mounted as a device in my finder. Use as you would any other location in the finder.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see the ability to use Time Machine backup?

Recommendations to others considering the product

What are you waiting for? Nothing else comes close for working with cloud drives. The only criticism is that I'd like to use Mac's Time Machine with it - but maybe thats an OSX hangup - even so, no other product I've seen & evaluated can touch this.

It saves so much time in workflow. Cloud drives are already loaded. Transfer speed is so fast... Local to S3 bucket; 1GB uploads in about 20-30 sec over home fibre broadband.

ExpanDrive review by User

"Expandrive works great with Google Cloud Platform / Google Storage."

What do you like best?

Short version: it works, could be easier to install.Overall very useful and capable!!!

Long version: I moved a lot of files to Google Cloud Storage to use as a CDN for delivery of various assets and static images - it was cumbersome and time consuming to download/edit/upload them through the Console and I tried to get a utility which would help me do this - and mount a Google Storage Bucket as a drive in Mac OS X or Windows.

First I tried Mountain Duck (https://mountainduck.io/ - $49) which looks clean but unfortunately I would get spinning beach balls frequently and the 15 minute trial window just to short to really assess usefulness. Too bad cause I really liked the UI.

I then switched to Expandrive (https://www.expandrive.com/ - $49) which is the other tool that seems to support mounting a Google storage bucket as a drive. It's been good.

Installing was relatively easy, I added my project and used SSO to log in and give permission. I did have to grant permission for the extension to load in security - that could be improved if possible - but after that it's been smooth sailing.

I can mount all my buckets in the Finder and access my files that way - upload/download/delete etc... through regular move operations.

I can even open the files with my favourite editor and when I save them - Voila! They're instantly saved online. Overall it's a great solid product.

It also works for uploading backups to my coldine (=Google's version of Amazon Glacier) bucket to safeguard assets! Careful if you do this not to delete files and incur early deletion fees....

Other cloud storage access tools (e.g. Transmit Disk & CloudMounter) exist (for AWS for example) but they don't offer Google Cloud Storage support (many do Google Drive but it's another mechanism of course!)

What do you dislike?

Installation

security

kernel extension vs user space

Faster workflow, saves on time & errors

ExpanDrive review by Tanay T.
Tanay T.

"The BEST Alternative if You're Using Multiple Clouds"

What do you like best?

If you rely on various cloud services and you're storing many files in those drives, cloud drive services are lifesaver to access all of your files easily, and without killing your free disk space. Having tried various cloud drive alternatives, ExpanDrive shines with superior stability and support for largest number of services.

One thing lacking in the own clients of Dropbox, Google Drive and OneDrive is being able to see non-synced files & folders in Finder/File Explorer. If you have a small storage SSD drive and frequently create/access many files in these cloud services, you well know what I mean. ExpanDrive provides a great and extremely stable solution for seeing/accessing all your files without any hassle, plus it provides right-click options such as "link sharing" like the original clients.

What do you dislike?

Almost nothing is wrong with it. It'd be a nice touch if the cloud services has their unique icons in Finder, but definitely not a deal-breaker.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend ExpanDrive.

ExpanDrive boosts your productivity if you're working with several cloud services, and you need to upload/access several files. I almost never need to visit Cloud services' website anymore.

ExpanDrive review by Liam B.
Liam B.

"The must have Cloud Product"

What do you like best?

How easy and quick to set up the product is, then i click a button and all my files are instantly available without taking up any valuable space on my Mac

What do you dislike?

Struggling to see any bad things as it make my workflow so much easier

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get the free Trial, thats all you will need to see it works and will suit your needs

due to working various roles and various projects i was jumping between cloud storage, this was timely and having to remember all the password it got very messy. this now allows seemless access and also seamless transfer

ExpanDrive review by Ashish S.
Ashish S.

"Help to easly manage different cloud at once!"

What do you like best?

The main thing I like about ExpanDrive is it helps me to maintain my all cloud storage at one place no need of re-login to web browser each and every time.

What do you dislike?

The thing I don't like is just ExpanDrive is not having it's Android/IOS app.

As a Mobile Photographer ExpanDrive helps me to sync my all photo from my Mobile to cloud storage and then easily export photos to my Pc and start working on editing it saves me cost and time. The time I wast in reconnecting my mobile to pc and problems faced with different mobile drivers is so much frustrating and buying different different cables for both Android and IOS device also rais cost but ExpanDrive saves my time and money both!

ExpanDrive review by Sergi C.
Sergi C.

"Fast and easy solution"

What do you like best?

ExpanDrive is the best solution for mac users. It's very easy to configure and run in mac. You can use sharepoint library without sync and don't worry about your free hd space.

What do you dislike?

For me is a little expensive to use in home office, but if you need for work... Another nest practice to include is offer detailed errors when the remote url is wrong or put some examples.

In our work use mac and the onedrive client doesn't run very well. Despite onedrive not allow you to map the sharepoint library

ExpanDrive review by Peter A.
Peter A.

"Love the App"

What do you like best?

The ability create a secure shared drive on a network and being able access the drive remotely via SFTP without needing to go through the hassle of VPN and network confgurations.

What do you dislike?

Haven't found anything I don't like yet.

Secure remote access to a shared network drive via SFTP accessing a MS Access database. I use a MS Access database client interface on a local computer that can read from and write to the remote MS Access database.backend. It is really easy to set up, i.e. just mapping a network drive, and it works!!!

ExpanDrive review by Tyler W.
Tyler W.

"Best app ever!"

What do you like best?

ExpanDrive is:

- Easy to use

- Supports many different protocols

- Mounts the share/volume as if it were a disk (appears right in Finder)

What do you dislike?

I wish ExpanDrive:

- Supported more protocols (maybe AFP and/or NFS)

- Had the ability to create folders in the list of drives (ex. Work (Production), Work (Dev), Home, etc.)

ExpanDrive allows me to mount just about anything including Hitachi Content Platform namespaces (via WebDAV). I use it daily to mount numerous shares. As a DevOps Engineer, this app saves me a bunch of time.

ExpanDrive review by User in Information Services
User in Information Services

"Expandrive 6 Upgrade a disaster"

What do you like best?

The support guys are really helpful & responsive. They are clearly having a lot of challenges around the new launch though.

What do you dislike?

Its inability to work. Version 6 has been loaded onto my computer about 6 times now (I was looking for some irony there but it didn't work, just like the software). Despite a lot of help from the support desk it will just not work consistently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely trial it first & watch out for the updating files issue. It often shows a file as being present when it has already been transferred out of the directory

Expandrive 5 has been functional. The update process has real problems as it doesn't recognise file movements to & from remote folders. However, with some massaging, it works. Version 6 will not load properly on my computer & has been less than useless as it has prevented me from working. I have gone back to version 5.

ExpanDrive review by Consultant

"Very poor experience using Expandrive for Mac"

What do you like best?

I initially liked the idea of login into multiple cloud storage accounts i use without having an advserse effect on my device memory but the connection to the cloud storage is just too slow. It is so slow that it is actually more a pain to use it than to just log online and get the file i need.

What do you dislike?

The slowness of the connection to the file storage is just a big pain. I was told by Expandrive customer service that files have to be opened once to be listed faster and previewed. But even with files already opened once with the application, the listing of files is slow and preview nearly inexistent.

You cannot create folders in Dropbox using Expandrive as it turns the folders into exec files. I have lost 6 folders like that. The product is just not ready, at least for Mac. I don't know about windows.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Request trial period expansion as the trial period is not enough to view the flaws. The current software is just not suited for mac users. just too slow and folders created in expandrive do not sync in dropbox but at turned into Exec files.

I wanted a solution to access cloud storage services and save memory on my local machine.

But Expandrive has proven to be extremely slow on a Mac device. It was much quicker to go to Dropbox online, view the file and download it on the machine rather than waiting for the files to show on the Mac. Sometimes the software would crash in the middle of the discovery

Creating folders with Expandrive has also proven a nightmare. I currently have 6 folders I created with Expandrive which have turned into .Exec files. I cannot access them anymore so the information I took a long time to create is now lost. It's completely invisible in Dropbox, and cannot be accessed in Expandrive.

It is a very bad experience, to be honest. I should have never bought it and don't advise anyone to do so. A NAS drive or a simple USB drive is better value for money

ExpanDrive review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Must have App in the toolbox for any web developer!"

What do you like best?

ExpanDrive gives me the ability to quickly manage and update website files across many servers that I manage by having them mounted for quick access. Much faster and easier than using a traditional FTP client. I would suggest any developer managing multiple websites/servers look into having this app in their toolbox.

What do you dislike?

It works as expected, it's never crashed and the developers seem to keep it up-to-date. So no real issues that I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for web development and server mangers who want to move away from FTPing into many servers.

Managing many web sites across many servers for a UI dev is much easier because I can just drop edited CSS or image files faster than pushing them from a web based UI or and FTP client. Also, when web servers are mounted as a drive, you can set some antivirus software to scan the drives which is an added bonus. (They will scan and warn, but not fix and remove.) Still and awesome product.

ExpanDrive review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"Great product - Allows you to see ALL cloud storage as drive"

What do you like best?

It allows me to have Dropbox, OneDrive, S3, Amazon Drive, GoogleDrive, Google Cloud Storage, FTP, SFTP, SMB/CIFS, Openstack Swift, Sharepoint, WebDAV, etc, etc. drives show up and function as drives on my Mac. Makes it TRIVIAL to move files around in a seamless fashion

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it's a bit slow for certain types of storage. That's not really ExpanDrive's fault, but should be noted. You sometimes have to be careful about how fast it updates. Some permissions don't always map right as well. Between versions they do seem to be improving it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a way to access various type of storage in a "Mac" style, this is your tool!

Being able to get data that's kept in various places in a quick and efficient fashion. I've used this to migrate a LARGE number (as in millions) of files into S3. Was very easy and I could utilize standard Mac tools to automate this.

ExpanDrive review by User in Information Technology and Services

"ExpanDrive is ultimate solution for a quick and easy set up regarding a cloud."

What do you like best?

It's impressive how the easy way that integrates with all the cloud provider.

No worries how to connect to a cloud provider. Very fast and reliable.

It is almost PnP. The customers face a robust solution without problems.

The response for the team is awsome. I had no delays at all.

What do you dislike?

So far, so good. No tech issues. I usuaslly use OneDrive and DropBox. I think that is perfect for a SMB sector. Sometimes Onedrive has some issues, but I believe that is from Microsoft.

NO DISLIKE.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use ExpanDrive because it does exactly what is promising without any technical issues.

I have tested in very low bandwidth installations and the response was awsome.

Please mind that is not cloud by itself. But cooperates perfectly with the majority of the cloud providers, without delays and lagging.

I made tests also with other solutions, but nothing compares to this.

I hope to get bigger and to provide us more solutions like ExpanDrive.

Connectivity from anywhere, easily without any problems. It is very fast and reliable. I use it for my customers, that they need to connect many users on the same time. The database responses fast, without laging (many other solutions have lagging). It is secure, no gaps to the communication. Excellent choice for SMB and not only.

It is very important to deliver the service that I promise to do, in order to have the positive feedback from my customers.

And since, there are no network or communication issues, the feedback is positive.

ExpanDrive review by User in Graphic Design
User in Graphic Design

"Nice Idea, but often drops connection"

What do you like best?

I like that I can connect to multiple cloud sharing services including multiple accounts from the same provider and be able to access the services like a network drive, eliminating the need to sync all the files to my hard drive.

What do you dislike?

Some drives un-mount when I'm trying to open a file directly from the drive. I'm not able to search on the mounted drive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a handy program, but realize that it has limitations -- I envisioned being able to work off the mounted drives, but have found that I need to copy the files and work locally, then replace. I am happy with the number of cloud services that I'm able to connect to.

Ability to view cloud files at a glance.

ExpanDrive review by Florian A.
Florian A.

"Very fast and professional support"

What do you like best?

After an problem with my old version of ExpanDrive, i contacted the company via facebook and received almost immediately an response which leads to an free upgrade to the newest version. The newest version solved my problem so i'm thankful for the upgrade.

What do you dislike?

Maybe some faster response via mail, that was the reason why i contacted the team via facebook in the first place. An automated notice of arrival would be a start.

I have nearly all of my data in various clouds, but since local storage is expensive, i can't sync them all locally on my device. Here comes Expandrive in place which allows me to have all my data accessible at any time without local storage limitations...

ExpanDrive review by Andrew S.
Andrew S.

"Incredibly useful but kind of flakey"

What do you like best?

Expandrive makes it very easy to mount remote sftp accounts as local shared drives. I've tried using some open source tools to mount sftp drives but they really didn't work or were really slow. Expandrive seems to have solved these issues.

What do you dislike?

I've been using Expandrive for many years but it seems like it's not as reliable as it once was. It's not uncommon if I'm working out of a drive all day to be disconnected several times and frequently it doesn't pick up that I've saved a file. Instead I have to resave a second time, wait a few seconds and then I'll see the change live remotely. It also doesn't always pick up on changes that have happened remotely. For instance if I'm SSHed into a server that I'm also connected to with expandrive and delete or create a new folder Expandrive may not see that it's changed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking to use Expandrive for development it will probably meet your needs. I'm personally trying to migrate development to a local vagrant installation instead of on a remote server over the internet with Expandrive. However if you need to work on remote servers I haven't found anything else that works better.

When I want to do development on a remote server with my local dev tools it's invaluable. Otherwise I'd have to ssh in and do all my work in vim or work locally and keep FTPing files upstream.

ExpanDrive review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Expandrive is the solution I've been looking for! Great for remote office applications."

What do you like best?

This solution actually maps a network drive in explorer. Acts just like a network drive. No syncing between computers required. This avoid sync errors.

What do you dislike?

No built in folder configuration. (i.e. cannot omit private folders from file tree)

ExpanDrive review by sheldon h.
sheldon h.

"Works for sftp connection on windows"

What do you like best?

On windows, most software for SFTP or sshfs are either slow or not work at all. ExpanDrive works pretty well

What do you dislike?

The trial term is too short for users to reach full conclusion of it's stability.

I'm working on machine learning research and need to access file system on clusters

"Intuitive, easy to use"

What do you like best?

This allows me to easily connect to multiple systems that reside in different cloud and local environments with different operating systems. It provides a unified way for me to manage files and edit them with my favorite windows editor. It saves me time since I no longer have to shuffle files around or keep up with multiple versions of files stored in different locations

What do you dislike?

There is really nothing to dislike about this product. It is a simple technology, but it has an elegant interface and is very easy to get installed and start using quickly.

It has saved time in helping build scripts for network automation on multiple platforms.

ExpanDrive review by John R.
John R.

"Reliable mounting of Amazon S3 on both Mac and Windows"

What do you like best?

I'm an Amazon Web Services trainer and my students often ask me about being able to mount Amazon S3 as a drive. I explain that this is not an "out-of-the-box" feature of Amazon S3, but can be achieved with some 3rd-party products. I then demonstrate ExpanDrive and their eyes go wide!

It works very well for reading and writing data on Amazon S3. I haven't tried the other services (eg DropBox, Google Drive).

What do you dislike?

ExpanDrive can't do everything with Amazon S3. For example, it cannot rename directories that have files in them. However, this is a result of the limitations of S3 (since it doesn't allow renaming of directories, either).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try downloading a large file to understand how ExpanDrive behaves -- it makes files "appear" to be there without having to actually sync files. Then, when you go to access it, it will retrieve the contents of the file. This means it is super-fast and doesn't take unnecessary space on your disk. Play around with this behaviour to make sure it suites your use-case.

It's great for copying data to/from Amazon S3. The bit I like the most, however, is being able to "Save" from any program directly to S3 -- that part feels like magic!

ExpanDrive review by Frank A.
Frank A.

"ExpanDrive: A cloud storage MUST! Manages many accounts"

What do you like best?

Love the ability to use all my cloud-stored files within my Windows Explorer. Drives are mapped directly as if they are local drives. Tested product against other virtual machines. Sharing was instant.

What do you dislike?

Haven't found anything yet. Product seems to be a solution for people having multiple cloud accounts and also multiple cloud with same vendor (dropbox, onedrive, g drive)

Able to share files across different user group shared folders

ExpanDrive review by Dmitriy K.
Dmitriy K.

"Awesome program!"

What do you like best?

Easy, fast nice and it's more important stable!

What do you dislike?

I think nothing, but I'll be very appreciate if you add program to Apple Store

Work from home - connect work desktop over ssh

"A Must Have! "

What do you like best?

This is what I love of this software:

- a very easy installation

- fast configuration

- Multiple account in just 1 app!

- Work great on my Mac

- Very good and quick support

What do you dislike?

Everything works great, I didn't experience any negative issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make a favor to yourself....TRY IT!!!!!

Use it to sync every fold on your cloud services!

I have many TB of photo in many cloud servcices....Now everything is sync and I was able to save almost 1Tb of hard-drive space on my 2TB......really amazing !!!

ExpanDrive review by Matthew R.
Matthew R.

"Easy to use de-facto way to map cloud storage as a drive on a computer"

What do you like best?

Cost, Ease of use, it just does what it is supposed to do, Great product

What do you dislike?

Nothing, you can't dislike a product that works

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a no brainer, buy expandrive

Ease of mapping online storage as a system drive for file sharing for many clients

ExpanDrive review by Tapan J.
Tapan J.

"Remote storage made local"

What do you like best?

Transfers through Expandrive feel about as responsive as using a native client.Also the convenience of having the connections show as tabs in Explorer made moving files to the server quick and easy.Apps with no knowledge of FTP can now directly open and access files on any server.

What do you dislike?

The cost feels a bit high for what it does, but if you spend a lot of time working on servers then that ease of use and time saved will rapidly pay for itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Overall ExpanDrive feels like a solid product and worth a look if you find yourself talking with FTP, FTPS, or Amazon S3 servers on a regular basis

Expandrive provides convenience when working with files on remote servers. Finder becomes your interface to remote servers making editing and copying files fast and easy.

ExpanDrive review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"The only product that worked every time w/Google Drive"

What do you like best?

This was the only product that worked every time w/Google Drive. I have tried other competitive products that were not reliable with Google Drive or stopped uploading after several MB.

What do you dislike?

There is currently no feature that I feel is lacking with this product.

I needed a reliable product that worked every time w/Google Drive, and this fit the bill.

ExpanDrive review by Administrator in Insurance
Administrator in Insurance

"fast, easy and favorable"

What do you like best?

- fast to install

- easy to use

- favorable to access

What do you dislike?

- i think not extension for mount to mega.nz

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should use and experience this difference

Previously, we had to install a lot of software related to different cloud data but now we have used expanDrive fast and convenient. All in one

ExpanDrive review by User in Computer Hardware
User in Computer Hardware

"secure network drive"

What do you like best?

Very easy to setup and little customization required. Ideal for network file sharing and editing. Interface is setup so to mimick your current OS, giving the idea the files are on the machine itself.

What do you dislike?

Expandrive is always connected which may not be ideal if you want to keep information private from users on your device. Syncronisation issues if two users remotely access same file.

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you are looking for a SFTP network this will do the job. You can browse, edit, file share and collaborate with users. A free trial is available so its worth a testrun. Mainly for small businesses who dont have unified business management tool.

ExpanDrive review by Eugene C.
Eugene C.

"Easy FTP to/from 'remote drive' FTP servers"

What do you like best?

Unlimited simultaneous FTP connections; great front-end for FTP servers. Can be less expensive option than cloud storage. Connections can be made within programs

What do you dislike?

Not as good for collaboration as cloud storage options

Recommendations to others considering the product

There's a 30-day unrestricted demo that's worth trying out

ExpanDrive review by User in Capital Markets
User in Capital Markets

"Can't live without it"

What do you like best?

As a developer that works a lot with remote linux servers, this little tool has made my life easier. I can use my local applications (i.e. favorite editors, etc) to open or edit files on remote servers. It's also really seamless to transfer files. The remote server is accessible just like a USB drive.

What do you dislike?

It only available for Mac. It's also not free, but not expensive for the productivity gained by using this tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended if you have a Mac and manage/develop on remote linux servers.

Learning about ExpanDrive?

* We monitor all ExpanDrive reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare ExpanDrive to Similar Solutions