ExpanDrive

ExpanDrive acts just like a USB drive plugged into your computer. Open, edit, and save files to remote computers from within your favorite programs???even when they are on a server half a world away.

Work for ExpanDrive?

Learning about ExpanDrive?

Compare ExpanDrive to Similar Solutions

ExpanDrive Reviews

Ask ExpanDrive a Question
Showing 16 ExpanDrive reviews
ExpanDrive review by <span>Ralph G.</span>
Ralph G.

ExpanDrive: A cloud storage MUST!

What do you like best?

Ability to use all my cloud-stored files within my Finder (My Computer for you Windows folks) as if they were stored locally.

What do you dislike?

The only disadvantage that this software has is that it's working with cloud storage, thus it's not productive to icon previews for some workflows.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are using DropBox, OneDrive, Google Drive, and other cloud storage providers, you'll definitely want this software. It puts all these drives mapped right into your file browser with ease. It frees up valuable and sometimes limited onboard resources for deployed computers/laptops.

With ExpanDrive, I am able to easily store files in the cloud while keeping my computer clutter-free and running smoothly. With keeping everything stored in the cloud and using this software, disk imaging, files-on-the-go, and collaboration is faster and more productive than having the files locally. With the ability to map all the cloud drives to the computer opens it up to have several terabytes of storage almost at the speed of the files being local.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ExpanDrive
ExpanDrive review by <span>Nathan R.</span>
Nathan R.

Cloud storage has never been so easy

What do you like best?

This software installs in literally seconds.

You have so many options to choose from like dropbox or backblaze b2.

You just insert the credentials for the service, choose a drive letter and connect.

That is it

You have a drive in your computer with the information you want on it just like if you are using windows. You click on a file and it opens up - no need to do special downloads or anything.

This is a gorgeous piece of software.

Since you are not "synching" the information, this is awesome for people who have a lot of files and information but very little HD space locally.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike

This is a straight and honest software that does what it supposed to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a must if you have files online.

It is a very smart thing to have.

Having connectivity to cloud storage, being able to have access to all the files just as if they were on my pc but without taking all the space.

What Storage Management solution do you use?

ExpanDrive review by <span>Joseph S.</span>
Joseph S.

Almost beats out Sliced Bread, Easiest Cloud Drive GUI by far.

What do you like best?

VERY concise UI, but has everything you need.

(Mac) it Pushes everything over to the Finder as an attached device (IE each Cloud Storage = an attached Drive. Perfect - just what I want. Allows normal Finder navigation browsing drag n Drop and Load/Save of files for the cloud vendors instead of having to navigate (multiple) cloud interfaces. True one stop shopping for both my work and personal files, yet each is nicely segregated (mandatory for my worktype)

Full Disclosure: I Received a gratis license for a review. But that was because I wanted to tout the benefits of this great product and because my use case is to have MULTIPLE cloud accounts for different reasons and purposes, yet needing to keep them segregated but handy. This UI is simple - for Mac it's an icon in the toolbar, and just like email account setup it Includes options to link your accounts for A3/AWS/Glacier, BackBlaze, Amazon Drive, One Drive personal/Business, Sharepoint (best access to Sharepoint files I've had so far), Google Drive/Cloud, Dropbox/Box, Owncloud, Rackspace, Open-stack, Dream Objects, Hubic -- plus SFTP/FTP, WebDav CIFS/SMB. IE All the biggies and all the self-service types as well. AWESOME!!! So then you can either quick reference the link via clicking on the icon you have 3 options - disconnect (eject), Browse (pop open the Mac finder window with your files) or click a right arrow (opens via GUI dropdown, great for quick access). You simply hover over these and it indicates what the function is - and if you hover over the file in the GUI dropdown, there's icons to open file (finder) or get (copy to clipboard) the shareable link. Wow ! Rare that I'm this excited about an App - one of those which just kind of saves the day on a regular basis productivity wise.

What do you dislike?

They don't seem to have iCloud as an option for it, but that is fine for Mac as iCloud Drive already functions this way - but could be handy to get a quick shareable link for iCloud Drive as well. Absolutely no (significant) complaints. I suppose they could add more cloud vendors (NextCloud is supplanting Owncloud in the marketplace for instance) but my needs are fully covered with what they have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This isn't something you need to worry about if it's useful or if it's annoyance ware. If you would like one quick place to get to your cloud files and like the idea of managing them in the OS's File Manager as if they were an attached drive, then you're in business - and connecting the cloud accounts couldn't be easier. Get the trial and you'll be ready to pay for the app in just a few minutes - knowing you'll never want to get rid of this little jewel. Sounds like I'm a Schill but seriously I'm just excited about the app. Rare that they make the Swiss Army knife just the way you want it.

Benefits: This is the only realistic (sane) option I've seen to be able to segregate (and drag N drop) files around from multiple cloud vendors without having to navigate each as a separate app (most of which are PITA) or of course multiple browsers (horrible). This primary benefit is the whole point - treat all your cloud accounts as if they are separate devices. Isn't this what everyone wants? I can't imaging needing or wanting to use it any other way as the default way to interact if you are accessing this from your workstation (PC).

ExpanDrive review by <span>Garry S.</span>
Garry S.

How likely would I recommend? I have already...

What do you like best?

Total simplicity. Attach your cloud drive or ftp (ftp/S3/Google Cloud/sftp/Dropbox/WHATEVER) in the menubar just once, then it's always available as a device in the finder. I am connected right now with my customer S3 bucket - its mounted as a device in my finder. Use as you would any other location in the finder.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see the ability to use Time Machine backup?

Recommendations to others considering the product

What are you waiting for? Nothing else comes close for working with cloud drives. The only criticism is that I'd like to use Mac's Time Machine with it - but maybe thats an OSX hangup - even so, no other product I've seen & evaluated can touch this.

It saves so much time in workflow. Cloud drives are already loaded. Transfer speed is so fast... Local to S3 bucket; 1GB uploads in about 20-30 sec over home fibre broadband.

ExpanDrive review by User in Information Services
User in Information Services

Expandrive 6 Upgrade a disaster

What do you like best?

The support guys are really helpful & responsive. They are clearly having a lot of challenges around the new launch though.

What do you dislike?

Its inability to work. Version 6 has been loaded onto my computer about 6 times now (I was looking for some irony there but it didn't work, just like the software). Despite a lot of help from the support desk it will just not work consistently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely trial it first & watch out for the updating files issue. It often shows a file as being present when it has already been transferred out of the directory

Expandrive 5 has been functional. The update process has real problems as it doesn't recognise file movements to & from remote folders. However, with some massaging, it works. Version 6 will not load properly on my computer & has been less than useless as it has prevented me from working. I have gone back to version 5.

ExpanDrive review by Consultant

Very poor experience using Expandrive for Mac

What do you like best?

I initially liked the idea of login into multiple cloud storage accounts i use without having an advserse effect on my device memory but the connection to the cloud storage is just too slow. It is so slow that it is actually more a pain to use it than to just log online and get the file i need.

What do you dislike?

The slowness of the connection to the file storage is just a big pain. I was told by Expandrive customer service that files have to be opened once to be listed faster and previewed. But even with files already opened once with the application, the listing of files is slow and preview nearly inexistent.

You cannot create folders in Dropbox using Expandrive as it turns the folders into exec files. I have lost 6 folders like that. The product is just not ready, at least for Mac. I don't know about windows.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Request trial period expansion as the trial period is not enough to view the flaws. The current software is just not suited for mac users. just too slow and folders created in expandrive do not sync in dropbox but at turned into Exec files.

I wanted a solution to access cloud storage services and save memory on my local machine.

But Expandrive has proven to be extremely slow on a Mac device. It was much quicker to go to Dropbox online, view the file and download it on the machine rather than waiting for the files to show on the Mac. Sometimes the software would crash in the middle of the discovery

Creating folders with Expandrive has also proven a nightmare. I currently have 6 folders I created with Expandrive which have turned into .Exec files. I cannot access them anymore so the information I took a long time to create is now lost. It's completely invisible in Dropbox, and cannot be accessed in Expandrive.

It is a very bad experience, to be honest. I should have never bought it and don't advise anyone to do so. A NAS drive or a simple USB drive is better value for money

Learning about ExpanDrive?

* We monitor all ExpanDrive reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare ExpanDrive to Similar Solutions