Expensify

Expensify

(1,288)

Import expenses directly from a credit card to create free expense reports quickly with Expensify. Approve reports online and reimburse directly to a checking account with one click.

Work for Expensify?

Learning about Expensify?

Expensify Reviews

Ask Expensify a Question
Showing 1,297 Expensify reviews
Expensify review by Dan W.
Dan W.

"Expensify - sometimes annoying but mostly good"

What do you like best?

Easy to use to report expenses, software makes it simple for employee and employer alike to track expenses

What do you dislike?

Not fully customizable - some of the 'learning' api stuff doesn't work as well as it should.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it - it works, employee and employer loves it. Receipt capturing from smart phones, emails etc. work pretty well and even manually entering in receipts isn't difficult. Utilizing the features to automate certain expense items works fairly well but you can't do it for everything which is the most frustrating part. Occasional updates to the software have made some minor changes that at first are a bit annoying but after a while become no big deal. The auto reading receipt feature is still a bit slow but does work eventually. In the end if you need something that will integrate with other programs and applications in the business infrastructure you have this fits the bill and solves many problems and help everyone keep track of their expenses as well as keeps you on the right track when it comes to IRS / government compliance laws. This is really the best software to use.

simplifying expenses and making it easy to use.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Expensify
Expensify review by Michelle S.
Michelle S.

"Track Expenses On The Go"

What do you like best?

Using this app makes it easy to keep track of business expenses on the go. I love that I can access the app on my phone, I always have my phone with me. . I also love that I can take photos and Expensify does the work for me. This feature is called SmartScan. It is easy to edit and save expenses. I create categories that make sense for me and my needs.

What do you dislike?

The drawback is that using SmartScan to upload expenses costs extra, after the 3 free per month. In addition, it can take a while for the app to identify scanned expenses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is great for small businesses or independent contractors. You can make this work for minimal cost. There are additional features that add functionality, for a fee.

Using this app makes it easy to keep track of business expenses on the go. This way I do not have to back track and find time to add them later. Logging expenses after the fact can be time consuming and tedious.

What Expense Management solution do you use?

Expensify review by Kelly C.
Kelly C.

"Covers the basics and easy to integrate"

What do you like best?

The app makes tracking receipts simple..

What do you dislike?

Admin portal can be clunky (# of clicks)

Recommendations to others considering the product

This became easy for us to use in multiple global offices that all have their own policies. Being able to segment different groups is really helpful overall. Depending on your policy, there is an auto submit feature which is great for those that have to submit on a scheduled basis without a lot of employee interaction. Being able to photograph receipts on the app is very helpful (we've had to talk to our staff about quality of those though). Additionally, receipts can be forwarded from their email and dropped directly in to the system without having to upload them separately. The currency conversions are okay, most of our team uses the integration with their credit cards as those tend to be much more accurate (we find that Expensify is usually lower for the countries we frequent). They've recently changed their policy on the charges for the business plan where it is not a "pay as you consume" at a single price. To continue on that plan, the single price is much higher. When reports are extremely variable, that is a little harder to determine, but it can be updated. For those that print or save copies of the reports, there are easy ways to download them and keep them externally.

Consolidate place to report expenses over multiple currencies with offices around the world.

Expensify review by Bakhtawar A.
Bakhtawar A.

"Great Software – I was able to save 30% of expenses!"

What do you like best?

Expensify is very easy to use. The initial set up part hardly takes up any of your time and you can start off right away. Even understanding the software isn’t difficult. Online support is also available for your help but I have never had a need to contact the technical team. Pricing is also very effective and can be afforded by small companies as well.

What do you dislike?

The only problem I’ve had with this software is that I think Expensify doesn’t integrate well into different applications. Along with this, I think the reporting even needs to be improved to have a better picture of company expenses for an admin

Recommendations to others considering the product

YES! Just with this software, I was able to save 30% of my expenses. This is huge. Therefore, I would recommend this software to others so they can even reap the benefits of this software.

Expensify is one of the best software I use daily in my corporate life. As I travel a lot because of my work nature, Expensify is the only software which manages and keeps a track of my expenses. The company gives me a budget as my Travelling Allowance and Expensify ensures that my expenses are kept well under the budget. I can scan my receipts and maintain separate records of my expenses.

Expensify review by Steven K.
Steven K.

"Enormous Time Saver!"

What do you like best?

Smart Scanning! Expensify will allow you to download an app on your phone, take a picture of a receipt and it will smart scan the receipt and fill out all the details. It saves an image of the receipt, and then auto fills all the fields for Vendor, Dates, Amounts etc. You can can save rules so it know what vendors should be categorized into which codes. You can add whatever Tags and Categories you need to. It also allows you to download customized csv files so that you can get exactly the information you need and in the order that you prefer.

What do you dislike?

Splitting expenses in the software can sometime be confusing. When splitting an expense in half for example it will then notify you that you may have a duplicate expense because you have two expenses that are the same amount. The software should know that i just split the expense so its not a duplicate and I don't need to go in an tell it to ignore. Also they used to offer a feature called SmartReports which would allow you to submit your expense report and they would format it to your companies expense report. They recently removed that feature which I think was very popular.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it! You won't be sorry. Great Support if you have questions .Your employees that do expense reports will thank you for implementing this software.

Expense reports are no longer a time drain. I can get them done super quick by smart scanning the receipts and then just checking the expenses when I get back to the office. I also don't have to save the receipts or worry about losing them because once I take a picture they are in my account. I can print off a PDF files provided by expensify once I am ready to generate my report. Such a huge time saver.

Expensify review by Lukesh S.
Lukesh S.

"Decent Expense Tracking Service"

What do you like best?

Several well-thought-out workflow enhancements make Expensify easy to use, from automated reimbursements to GPS mileage capture.

What do you dislike?

It takes a little while to get the hang of its user interface. The split function doesn't work that well or is not easy to use

Recommendations to others considering the product

Expensify is a great tool for tracking business expenses, miles traveled and time spent on a specific project that can be invoiced later. You can tag transactions to be reimbursed, and both credit card and bank accounts can be directly integrated with this mobile app, giving you the flexibility to track all financial activity from your mobile device.

As I am in Small organization this is an excellent expense reporting software product which will easily allow you to go 100% paperless. All receipts are uploaded digitally and you can take photos of receipts on your phone and upload them onto the app (which is a great app). Once submitted, the routing is very nice and you can track the progress and make modifications if it is kicked back to you. I am in consultant role so I have to apply for reimbursements almost on daily basis.

Expensify review by Julie-ann P.
Julie-ann P.

"Pretty good, but also frustrating"

What do you like best?

When our card holders are able to look up and complete their expenses on their own.

What do you dislike?

Settings not all intuitive, some cause unintended problems that we don't find until later. Support takes too long to respond and often doesn't look at the full question - therefore the answers are not applicable. Bank feed goes down way too often. This causes problems that spill over into other parts of the workflow and data quality generated. In case of user errors, it's often not possible to correct at the admin level. This means more delay and handholding. These problems are not all caused by the user, so it's not just a matter of added training. Some problems can be side effects of bank feed delays and other issues that are controlled by the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look into other options, and do a trial of anything you are considering before you commit.

Getting card expense information into our accounting file more easily than by hand. Gathering information from users with less handholding. Reduced time and errors due to less manual data entry.

There really isn't any more to say, the word count requirement on the review is too high. I'm adding this because it appears that I can't claim my reward without adding more words. I don't even know how many words are needed so now I'm just making stuff up and watching the guage so it's clear when

Expensify review by Kevin S.
Kevin S.

"Expensify simplified expense reports in an incredible way"

What do you like best?

The best part of expensify is the App. The immediacy of entering in receipts and expenses has saved me so much time. Instead of putting together a report at the end of each month, I can do it as I go and simply enter it in at the end of the month. Before, I was essentially creating expense reports from scracth and having to write info on bank statement PDFs. This is much more efficient and user friendly.

What do you dislike?

There seems to be a long lag from when I capture a receipt to when the app enters in the information automatically. I end up entering info manually more than I would like because I fear that the app will not capture the information. This means I'm hanging on to receipts longer than I intended. Though this is only a minor dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I wonder if there is a way for the email forwarding feature to incorporate other email addresses. I have a different email for my amazon account than I do for expensify. I end up forwarding my amazon receipts to my business email and then forwarding them to expensify receipt email forwarders. If expensify could have a space to enter in "other approved email addresses" in your account, then I would be able to send receipts directly from my other email address to expensify.

Time management is the biggest problem being solved. The benefit of having more time for other, more important work is huge.

Expensify review by Gabriella S.
Gabriella S.

"Expensify Review"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to do expense reports remotely. Expense reports are difficult because so many people are involved, and at a company like mine, where employees are spread across the country, Expensify is a great way to bring everyone together in a centralized location for expense reports.

What do you dislike?

I do not love the automatic submissions of expense reports. I wish that these added a notification feature so that you were alerted before the reports were submitted. Some of my reports have been submitted without me completing the fields that need to be filled out. I wish I would have been notified 'your report will be submitted for approval in 24 hours - please make any required updates now.'

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend Expensify if you use Quick Books or have remote employees and need a great way to keep the reports organized!

Expensify is great because it works in combination with QuickBooks, and allows so much for categorization. We have a lot of categories that need to be filled out for expenses, and this allows us to keep them all organized, and easily export the reports.

Expensify review by Jaffar K.
Jaffar K.

"Reduce your costsa dn expenses!"

What do you like best?

I really like the software. The features are amazing. It offers you a free version and an upgraded version as well which is not that expensive. If people think buying a premium or a business plan is expensive, everything is recovered back once we start using this software to manage our expenses. Great interface. Easy to set up. Excellent customer support team. No as such major problems. Praise and only praise!

What do you dislike?

As I am in the oil business with operations throughout the country, I am constantly travelling. For this reason I use the Expensify Mobile Application but unfortunately, I have felt that the mobile application crashes when I tend to use it for a long time. It just shuts down. Other than this, I don;t think I have any problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Who wouldn't want to reduce their expenses! Expensify is a solution to all your expense management needs. Must buy!

Expensify has saved me a lot of time and money. All I do is scan my expense receipts and everything is recorded in my expense manager dashboard. Along with this, I even like the reporting and analysis by Expensify. In this way, I can manage my expenses and ensure that I don't waste it the next time. I travel a lot due to my work and Expensify is the perfect software to reduce my expenses and costs.

Expensify review by Pardeep M.
Pardeep M.

"An amazing expenses management tool for corporate entities"

What do you like best?

Expensify offers a free trial before purchasing the software. I think one of the best features of this software is that the software is cloud based and is even accessible from Android and iOS. This makes my life easier when I use Expensify from different phones. While writing this review, I have to thank the Support team first. They have been of excellent help throught the installing and running of this software. Moreover, there are Webinars and Live Online videos available as well so one can even take help from there.

What do you dislike?

I think the price of the software is a bit too much for someone in the corporate sector. A starting price of $9 / active user / month is on the higher side and makes it difficult for a small company or enterprise to afford this amount as a fixed cost. Price should be reduced

Recommendations to others considering the product

Surely, I would recommend this software to all corporate companies as this will only help in better managing your expenses thus reducing your costs from all fronts

Expensify has solved a lot of my business problems.Working in a team has been made so easy. Additional features of Invoice Management, Spending control and time tracking has made my business keep a track of my expenses efficiently. Along with this, I even have an option of scanning a receipt which Expensify can then insert in its relevant fields instead of inserting all details myself saving me a lot of time and effort. Easy to use and excellent software!

Expensify review by Sara V.
Sara V.

"Better options out there"

What do you like best?

They give you a very good trial period, so you have plenty of time to figure out if this app is for you or not. You have to complete several steps, and after each step you earn more days on your trial. Mine ended up being over 30days.

What do you dislike?

The application is not very user friendly. If you are new to electronic receipt and expense tracking this may not be the best place to start (especially if you are syncing with software like QuickBooks). They only have limited information/training online. And help is only available via email. I’m sure this is one of their ways to keep costs low, but it is very unhelpful to the consumer. I sent an easy (I thought) question to them and 3 days later I received a 1 line response.... asking me a question about my account that had nothing to do with the original concern.

Electronic receipt tracking and expense reimbursements. Not many benefits that I’ve been able to find. Other apps do the same thing, only better.

Expensify review by John G.
John G.

"Excellent credit card reporting tool"

What do you like best?

Expensify made life so much easier by allowing us to easily code each credit card expense to a specific set of accounting code that was unique to each person.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Implementation was fairly easy and the support was quick to answer any problems I ran in to.

Our staff of 12 had company credit cards and each month you were required to code each expense to your correct accounting code and that was a pain in the backside. Either you had already forgotten where that particular Amazon item should be charged to or you had to find your list of account codes for those less used ones. By linking our credit card the charges for each person showed up in their app along with a list of their specific accounting codes. Brilliant! Save the individual employees time and save the accounting guy tons of time.

Expensify review by Abigail S.
Abigail S.

"Positive and efficient experience using Expensify"

What do you like best?

I loved the mobile app! It was very user friendly and modern looking. It also made my life much more convenient. It is so hard to save physical receipts; thus, I really enjoyed the fact that it was able to save the photos on the mobile app that I took and store them in a folder until I was ready to link them to a specific line item expense. I also loved when it told me there was an error with my expense report. It was a great feature to have and like another set of eyes looking and double checking my work before my supervisor saw it.

What do you dislike?

I disliked how when it synced with my American Express account I had doubles of purchases and always had to delete one, but that may be an American Express issue not Expensify, I am not sure.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would suggest that teams and companies create their own step-by-step guide for employees as Expensify has a lot of features to it. Making a guide that is specific for your employee's needs will be very helpful for troubleshoot the app and features and ensuring all employees are on the same page. Expensify is very helpful for companies with traveling employees.

So much easier to submit expense reports. As a traveling consultant it is easy to lose receipts on the go or on the road, so this made it easier keeping an electronic record of purchases.

Expensify review by Blake E.
Blake E.

"Luke warm reception for this product"

What do you like best?

I like how it makes it easy to upload receipts, no need for spreadsheets etc.

What do you dislike?

I find the workflow a bit confusing. You login, create a new report, upload receipts, and then submitting an expense report shows the status as 'closed' - the first time I emailed our office manager to see what I did wrong, since to me, closed indicates it's done but not a positive outcome - like closing an open job req.

It didn't give me any idea that I had submitted my expense report correctly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Explore all options before settling. It seems like there's other stuff out there that has a better UI than this.

Centralized platform for managing expense reports within the company - makes it easy for me to see past expenses that have been submitted and reimbursed, along with receipts. Much easier than going through sent emails, or looking in desktop folders for bills and receipts.

Expensify review by Danny H.
Danny H.

"Expensify - Easy to use and very convenient"

What do you like best?

I really like the feature of scanning receipt directly by taking photo of the receipt from the phone and add to a expense report quickly. The smart scan feature quickly determine the information you need to input to the expense receipts and report, this feature save me a lot of time and effort especially I need to work on over 20 expenses every other month. After the receipts are added successfully by sending email to the Expensify email, it will add them to the latest open report automatically.

What do you dislike?

Nothing in particular, most of the features that are required to manage expense reports are readily available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is definitely the right app/software to go with for managing expense reports.

Difficulty in managing expenses and keeping track of reimbursement from the company. With Expensify, I can easily manage my expense report in one location, there is no need of other spreadsheet or approval. With the email auto approval, my manager gets an email notification requesting approval for my expense report. And I can keep track of all my expenses and reports, with the app on my phone, I also get notification when I am reimbursed.

Expensify review by Kyle W.
Kyle W.

"Very Solid User Interface"

What do you like best?

Its relatively easy to use with a straight forward interface. Very clean and easy way to have an organization track and process expenses.

What do you dislike?

There could be some better training and how to guides. While the interface is great and straightforward, there are some things you just have to ask other users with more knowledge of to know how to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend, easy to use and an app that is so simple to just download and use on any phone (iPhone or android) - this makes it great for your employees ease of use.

Tracking and processing expenses has been streamlined using this product. And it really makes it easy to go back and check on previous expenses, grouping what is unnecessary and addressing/updating expense policy for the organization I work for.

Expensify review by Huda K.
Huda K.

"Easily track your expenses and save money"

What do you like best?

I just love this application. Everything about this application is amazing! The quality support team is excellent and is ready to help at all times. One amazing feature about this application is that you cn scan your documents or expense bills and even get great insights on the overall expenses. The analytics of this software are just too good. The scanning reduces manual entry to almost nil

What do you dislike?

I've suffered a few problems with the credit card links and then it needs to be manually updated to reconnect which sometimes can get annoying as the data gets lost. The software even changes frequently making it a nuisance to some people

Recommendations to others considering the product

An application especially recommended for small and medium scale enterprises to help better manage their expenses. Can't afford to not have it. Trust me, not having this application is a cost itself

I have immensely benefited from this software. With Expensify, I am better able to manage my expenses through which I can choose which expenses to avoid or reduce. The detailed analysis / report by Expensify is quite helpful and can help you identify your expenses which should be completely eradicated. Being a corporate Manager at a huge accounting firm, I have to give a reason for my every expense and Expensify helps me a lot in avoiding confusion and questions! Must have

Expensify review by Paula X. S.
Paula X. S.

"Easiest Way to Submit Expense Reports"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, great simple UI. You can easily add receipts or scan directly using the mobile app. You can tie your account in to Lyft Business, which makes reporting transportation expenses so much easier. My company switched to Concur for a little while then we switched back to expensify because we liked it so much better. I travel outside the U.S. and a lot of my expenses and receipts are in Pesos, Expensify does a good job handling currency exchanges. I love getting mail notifications when my reports are approved and when my money is being processed and on its way into my account. Connecting my Expensify to my bank account was very easy and now I get direct deposit.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes some fields auto populate and I have a hard time overriding them. Mobile app is slow sometimes. Mostly it's a great product though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it, It's great!

We use it to track all of our expenses, submit reports for reimbursements and keeping track of billable expenses. We have offices around the globe and expensive allows our accounting department to keep tabs and approve all expenses across all offices.

Expensify review by Ingrid K.
Ingrid K.

"Expensify makes life easier."

What do you like best?

If I had to choose one feature - the simple act of being able to take pictures of receipts with my phone for collection is the best and most useful part of Expensify. SmartScan is a super added bonus that just adds so much depth to the usefulness of Expensify.

What do you dislike?

I'm a little uncertain about the new pricing scale (significantly less expensive annual contracts or more expensive month-to-month subscription). We're a fairly small company and headcount fluctuates so it was a little unnerving deciding the number of annual subscriptions to set up but then again, it's now structured more like other large-scale products so we will get used to it. Regardless, for the cost, it's so worth it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I came from a large corporation where my team got together monthly to put together our receipts, tape them to paper, and scan them to our email to be sent and filed by the finance department. Can you say stone age?! THIS IS SO MUCH EASIER. Your admins and team will thank you for the time they'll get back from the days of manual expense reporting!

We use Expensify internally between three subsidiaries and it's been such a work-hack. Everyone loves using Expensify and our new-hires are amazed at the ease of use. I also use Expensify with our consultants, contractors, and accountants. I appreciate how much work is all in one place. It makes expenses and reporting so easy.

Expensify review by Tim B.
Tim B.

"Great When it Works"

What do you like best?

SmartScan (when it works) makes scanning receipts and entering expenses a breeze. You can simply take a photo of the receipt, enter a couple expense details, and you're done - very simple.

What do you dislike?

SmartScan seems to be a bit flaky at times - it doesn't always work. When this happens, users will often get duplicate entries of their expense (one that feeds in from the card-issuing bank and one from the user created entry).

Support can be difficult due to their exclusively online communication (no phone support available). This means getting the answers you need can be difficult and will take much longer than it should.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When the product works, it's really great. However, it doesn't always work for some users.

Be prepared for email and chat support with delays in emails that may cause implementation or future issues to drag on.

Expensify make capturing and reporting expenses simple and easy. Once expense reports are submitted, transactions can be easily exported to Excel for reconciliation and import into an accounting package.

Expensify review by Sebastian W.
Sebastian W.

"Fun way of doing your expenses"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to use Expensify! You simply upload your receipt, and they automatically scan most of the details. Sometimes it's not 100% accurate, but it's faster to correct them than filing everything in. Also, the fact that everything is stored online, my manager receives and approves my report, makes it so much easier than the old-fashioned way.

The communication of the platform is excellent and it will even remind you when you need to finalize some expenses.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, I wish I could add some extra fields to it myself to explain a bit more on the expenses that I made. I now send a separate email with more background info to my manager if necessary.

Also, sometimes I feel that I receive a lot of emails from expensify. I would like to only receive the big updates by email and rest on the site itself... or at least to have that option.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend every company (big or small) to use it. Doing expenses the old-fashioned way is just really a pain; you can loose your receipts, it's much work, you need to print out stuff. This solution is environmental friendly, has everything in the cloud, clear communication and works super fast!

It solved a lot of the backoffice within our company. Especially, I believe its a life savor for my manager to approve reports within minutes instead of hours and have everything automized. We're not using it for travel, etc thus far; maybe in the future.

Expensify review by Sabah A.
Sabah A.

"Best Software Assistant - user friendly mobile app (no more scanning ) & Smart Scan capability "

What do you like best?

User friendly mobile app ( no more piles of paper and collecting receipts), Automatic Reporting & Submitting ( never miss a deadline, as the system auto uploads at the end of the month) , Real-time Expense Reports, Duplicate Expense Detection ( helps prevent human error), giving an easy portal and visibility to all expense in one place, and the final report breaks down expenses in categories that are overall the exact categories we have.

What do you dislike?

-Customer support ( chat support only)

-System down for repairs.

- Sometimes it automatically creates a Report & it's difficult to delete reports when they've been automatically created ( sometimes it puts each expense into it's own report)

-At times, the receipt photos are glitch and matching them to the phone app is at times difficult.

- Renaming / deleting / editing report titles or detaching expenses usually creates issues which are unpredictable

Recommendations to others considering the product

faster OCR smart scanner, and fix report creating abilities ( computer vs app)

Using a platform to allow seamless submission expenses and reimbursements in the financial industry. Overall it is easy to use ( if you do not use all the custom options), without a doubt a time saver, it learns categorization patterns which makes it easier to quickly input future expenses more efficiently. Big plus is that it is simple to track and assign expenses to different categories.

Expensify review by Sharon M.
Sharon M.

"Easy tool for keeping up with expense reporting"

What do you like best?

Great time saver. Love being able to throw out receipts once they are scanned. Mobile and PC apps are both great. Ability to snap a cell pic of a receipt and have it scan and read info accurately (when it's working) is terrific. Ability to indicate whether expense is billable and/or reimbursable is great. Ability to create map image to verify mileage is terrific. Being able to create reports for any purpose I have needed is great - all expenses to charge back to project/client, all expenses reimbursable by month, etc.

What do you dislike?

Smart scanning function can be glitchy. Map function does not include tolls - it would be terrific if it did.

As a project manager with numerous expenses to organize over weeks at a time, this is a great tool for our team that makes submitting receipts with expense statements to our clients more accurate, neater, and much easier. As an Account Manager, creating reports for reimbursable expenses and to help balance credit card statements has never been easier for me or better for our company

Expensify review by Curtis G.
Curtis G.

"Love it. Better than Bill.com and I am now fully digital for expense reporting"

What do you like best?

Expensify has a free version that works perfectly. I use the mobile app on my iPhone mostly but they also offer a browser based option to login and it connects seamlessly to the same account as the mobile app. When I travel the app is great for taking photos of receipts and tracking your expenses on the go. It's important to note, you can attach photos of your receipts using the app or you can also import from your camera roll too. Plus the app has an auto identify feature (optional) that will read the photo of your receipts and auto assign details to your expense reports via it's screen reader. You can set categories like travel expenses, meals, lodging, plus mileage, and other options. I love not having to keep my wallet, bag, or pocket full of receipts anymore. I just snap a photo of them and throw them in the recycling. Plus it makes doing your taxes and end of year stuff a lot easier if you create reports for all of those receipts throughout the year. They have some paid options like exporting and using with other tax and finance tools, but you can save as PDFs for free.

What do you dislike?

There are some things in the mobile app that are a little clunky like the keyboard is always on the screen taking up around 1/3 of the screen which is annoying. That should open/close as needed. Plus when you click on create report, even accidentally it just creates a new report with the done button, no back or cancel or undo action to stop that from happening. On the expense tab there isn't an easy way to sort or filter all of the expenses. Also, it would be nice to see them grouped by assigned to reports or unassigned. And the app defaults to INBOX for the initial screen which might be important to some users but isn't really much to me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compare it in both desktop/browser and mobile app, it's totally free to start using. Plus compare to bill.com and see the difference.

I need a way to keep track of expenses, create expense reports, and manage receipts and reimbursements for travel. Expensify is a great app for that.

Expensify review by Anthony S.
Anthony S.

"Time saving tool for you AND accounting"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of creating reports, snapping pictures of receipts, and then generating these reports for the accounting department. Because I can take pictures of the receipts and enter the data automatically into the expense report (or have the receipt read and entered in by itself), I no longer have to carry around paper receipts and worry about losing/organizing them. The accounting staff really appreciate the reports and the high quality images of the receipts!

What do you dislike?

There is nothing really to dislike. Sometimes, when adding a new receipt, it does not add it to the most recent expense report but creates a new one. This can sometimes be annoying, but it is a small annoyance..

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is an easy tool that beats the old fashioned way of carrying around paper receipts and logging expenses in a spreadsheet. Far superior to any other app on the market!

We use Expensify for making travel reimbursements an easy, organized, and simple process.

Expensify review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Seussian Ode to Expensify and its Founder."

What do you like best?

I a Dave. Dave I a. I say, I do not like that Dave I a.

Do you like expense reports?

They Suck, Dave I a. Expense Reports Suck, I say

Would you like them here or there? I would not like them here or there. I would not like them anywhere. Expense Reports Suck , Dave I a.

Would you do them on a train? Would you do them on a plane? I would not do them on a train. I would not do them on a plane. I do not like them here or there. Expense Reports Suck anywhere.

Would you do them on a phone? Would you do them on your own? Try them! Try them! Here they are.

I would not do them on a phone. I would not do them on my own.

You may like them. You will see. You may like them with me.

I would not, could not. You let me be. They Suck, Dave I a. Expense Reports Suck, I say.

Expense Reports Suck. SO you say. Try mine free! Try mine free! And you'll see. Expense reports don't suck.

Dave! If you will let me be, I will try yours. You will see.

Say! Expense reports DON'T suck, Dave I a. Take a photo of a receipt when you get it, this way you won't forget it. Wallet was fat with receipts before, now my butt's no longer sore. Credit card integration is where it's at, makes pulling in expenses a snap. Set up was simple as pie, won't make you stick a fork in your eye. I setup our entire company in thirty minutes, thanks to gmail integration that was in it.

Expense reports DON'T suck, Dave I a. I can do them in a train. I can do them on a plane. I can do them on a phone. I can do them on my own. I can do them here or there. I can do them anywhere.

What do you dislike?

Be careful about duplicate expenses. Submit an expense at the end of the reimbursement period with a receipt that captured on the mobile app, Expensify still pulls in the "receipt" from my Credit Card for the next reimbursement period. (Update on 4.3.2017: Expensify has gotten much better at providing warnings when you have expenses that have might have not been reported via the credit card at the end of the reporting period).

Also, Bitcoin payments, I might say, are a distraction, if I may.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Some larger companies may find that the system is not customizable enough to meet their existing processes/policies. I suggest evaluating process/policies to see if they can be changed to use the best practices Expensify has established. The amount time saved entering expense reports may well warrant the process/policy changes.

Operational Cost savings due to expenses being processed through financial system easier and less time creating expense reports by employees. Users are happier because they get reimbursed quicker.

Expensify review by Christina P.
Christina P.

"Expensify is great for one centralized location of recording expenses and spending"

What do you like best?

I like that I can classify each receipt/expense into a specific category and expense report. This makes it super organized and easy to manage when it comes time to calculate my yearly expenses. Also, if I need to go back, I can easily search by category.

What do you dislike?

There is a feature that is an autoscan, where Expensify will retrieve the receipt's information - a lot of the times, it takes a long time and I just end up entering the information manually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for an easy to use, intuitive program that classifies and organizes all of your expenses into categories and reports, this is perfect! When it comes time to have to look back on expenses, everything is in one place and can be found very easily.

Organization and document management

Expensify review by Rachel B.
Rachel B.

"Expensify 101"

What do you like best?

Expensify offers the capability of a multi-use platform. You can use this product through the mobile phone App or you can use it directly from a computer. Through the mobile phone app, this program allows you to directly take a picture of your receipts and upload. You have the ability to enter in all of the categories for which your expenses belong under and the platform will even auto scan the information on your receipts and import this information into your report at the click of a button. Expensify has a great feature of being able to approve expense reports through an Admin on the account. There is also a feature where you can export all of your information into an Excel Sheet. This Excel sheet will then link a URL to where your receipts are uploaded for your employer to review and approve.

What do you dislike?

When uploading your receipts, if you have not already added in the event that you would like your expenses to fall under, you cannot add a new one directly. You have to add in your event prior to uploading any receipts in order for it to be offered as a choice when you have put in all of the information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a platform to use that is easy to management and allows for a quick method to submitting reports for reimbursements this platform is for you!

This product is great for businesses who handle a lot of reimbursements, its is efficient and allows for employees to be self-sufficient when creating and completing reports.

Expensify review by Bryan T.
Bryan T.

"I work remotely, so when I travel for work, Expensify makes reimbursements easy"

What do you like best?

It is so easy to use. I work from hoe, so when I do have to travel for work, with the app I can easily snap photos of receipts with my phone and submit right then and there without having to worry about losing receipts or forgetting them.

What do you dislike?

I don't think there is anything that I actively dislike about Expensify, sometimes it can take some time to read the receipts but that is minor when compared against the benefits.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Expensify. It makes expense reporting simple and easy.

It allows me to easily build expense reports in real time so that I don't accidentally lose receipts or forgot to include them on the report. Then, once everything is entered, it's easy to submit and makes reimbursements quick and easy.

Expensify review by Lisa R.
Lisa R.

"Easy to use, great for big or small businesses, and great for a consultant tracking expenses"

What do you like best?

Expensify's app is amazing for tracking expenses on the go. The "smart scan" technology means you don't have to do anything other than snap a pic of the receipt and let the concierge/smart scan do it's thing. It takes a while, but they recently improved the system by allowing you to leave the app while it processes. The concierge lets you know when everything's been recorded, so you know you're good to go.

It's also great for tracking mileage, offering several different options (GPS, Odometer, mapping) to make even the crankiest client happy.

What do you dislike?

I wish you could pin an expense to an existing report as you upload it. As it stands, you have to enter the expense and then go back and add it a report. It's not a hard extra step, but, it's annoying.

Having said that, it's great about reminding you when expenses haven't been reported.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is great solution for tracking/categorizing/reviewing/approving expenses in an organization of any size.

I used it as a manager in my last role to track and approve employee reimbursement requests. It was great and easy to use. As a consultant, I know use it to track my own expenses for clients and tax purposes. It's amazing for this purpose and the fact that it's free for a single user is amazing!

Expensify review by Kath F.
Kath F.

"Easy Team Expense Program "

What do you like best?

Expensify is an easy to use app that our company uses to process expenses for all employees. It allows us to create teams so that expenses roll up to the right people, and our employees receive direct deposit payouts once a month. It also integrates with Xero, which we use for finance.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, our employees don't understand the difference between having an expense and submitting a "report." I would love if we could attach expenses to billable projects in Xero, but that is more of a Xero feature than Expensify.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This will definitely save you time and money if you are a small company or are looking to streamline your expense process.

Simply put, keeping track of employee expenses and paying them out! It is so much easier than having things get sent to AP and they just float around until are lost or maybe paid. It streamlines the process.

Expensify review by Nathan B.
Nathan B.

"great system for claiming expenses - perfect for SMEs and probably for most businesses"

What do you like best?

mobile phone app - it allows a quick photo of a receipt and then reads the information to pre-fill the expense claim

What do you dislike?

it takes minutes to read the information from the photo, so I will often just enter it myself instead... especially if I am on the desktop as it can take 30 seconds for me to type the vendor and amount whereas it can take 5 minutes for expensify. I also would like to see a tax field for GST reporting

Recommendations to others considering the product

check if Expensify has integrations available for your accounting system for greater time savings, may be available via Workato or Zapier.

no more receipts! receipts fade and receipts get lost... now we just take a photo or forward an email to expensify and we know all the information is there ready to add to a report for reimbursement. It is also better for the accountants as they can see the receipts and make corrections from source information.

Expensify review by Rachel G.
Rachel G.

"Expensify offers users a easy and convenient way to record, track, and submit expense reports."

What do you like best?

No more spreadsheets necessary. Expensify's app allows us to conveniently upload our work expenses from our personal devices to our custom monthly reports. All we have to do is categorize our expenses by type, provide a date range, and submit when ready at the end of the month. Our CFO receives and reviews these reports, and once approved Expensify notifies us when our reimbursement will hit our bank accounts.

What do you dislike?

Throughout the past couple of months, Expensify has been auto-submitting reports prior to the end of the month. Prior to this, individuals were in charge of submitting their own work expense reports and nothing was automated. Now our CFO is receiving multiple expense reports in one month from each individual, rather than one large sum at the end. I have not been able to figure out in settings how to prevent this auto-submission.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If tracking, reporting, and submitting work expenses takes time out of your day, I highly suggest in investing in Expensify to simplify the entire process and save you time.

Expensify simplified the work expense process by allowing us to sync our expense reports, emails, receipt photos/screenshots, and bank accounts all in one app. Now our team submits expenses in a timely manner, allowing our CFO to have a greater understanding of where our money is going, how we are budget tracking, and what adjustments need to be made.

Expensify review by Renee O.
Renee O.

"Fair interaction with Expensify"

What do you like best?

I appreciate the efficiency Expensify has brought to our company. The mobile app is helpful in some ways as well especially when we are on trips out of the country. I also appreciate the ability to track mileage and be reimbursed for mileage with very little information on my part.

What do you dislike?

Expensify can be very "glitchy" - sometimes the actions that need to take place are not intuitive and other times the system just bogs down and is not able to process the request. The mobile app especially the most recent update is not intuitive and is not able to use as a standalone system - I still need to go to my tablet or laptop to finish the report.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you do not have a system at all please go to Expensify - it is better than not having anything it is worth it! Expensify has definitely saved us time and money by becoming more efficient. I would say to be prepared for the glitches especially if you have a bigger company but for us the glitches do not out weigh us using the product.

Prior to Expensify we were managing our expenses via paper receipts and spreadsheets. So Expensify was a tremendous help with streamlining expense reconciliations and reimbursements. I have also seen that Expensify allows our team overseas to provide the details needed without mailing/e-mailing receipts in an inefficient manner. We also have found that we can add users pretty quickly and the built in parameters and rules help with the quality of information received.

Expensify review by Hope W.
Hope W.

"Expensify review "

What do you like best?

The feature I like best about this app is the fact that I can track my expenses so easily and it’s at the tips of my fingers at all times. It makes business smoothers by going paperless.

What do you dislike?

I don’t particularly dislike any function on this app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely give Expensify a try! It’s helped so much with my own personal and business expenses. I could not do life without it now that I know how easy documenting and tracking expenses can be!

The business problems I am solving with this app consist of easier, quicker, smarter documentation of all expenses. There is photo evidence of every single expense which can play major roles in a company when it’s time for tax season again.

Expensify review by Andy R.
Andy R.

"Expense Reports that Don't Suck"

What do you like best?

Expensify's tagline, 'Expense Reports that Don't Suck' tells you everything you need to know! I've used a variety of expense reporting system and Expensify is by far the best. With a phenomenal mobile app and simple integration options to link credit cards, Expensify actually makes creating and modifying expense reports a snap. And, with a super modern, responsively designed interface, it's easy for anyone to create new reports, add new expenses, and view and print existing reports.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if there was an ability to see additional reporting regarding spending habits or the ability to see reports based on expense types, such as travel or food and beverage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give Expensify a try and see for yourself firsthand, it easy and effective to use!

Expense reporting has historically been a major pain point for employees. Several have commented that expense reporting can sometimes take an entire morning or afternoon to complete. Expensify, more than any other benefit, saves our employees valuable time. Whether adding receipt images, uploading files, or adding new expenses, Expensify takes the pain out of expense reporting. And that's not an easy thing to do!

Expensify review by Dianne M.
Dianne M.

"Expensify Saves Me So Much Time"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that I can capture my expenses when I'm on the go, wherever I am in the world.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I find a bit annoying is the time it takes for the Smart Scanning feature to actually scan an expense.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Expensify has made my life so much easier and freed me from the cumbersome expense form that we had to use previously.

Every time I travelled I would end up with a pile of receipts that I would then have to add to a spreadsheet with currency conversion and country etc. This took me so long that I'd waste an entire morning just submitting an expense claim. Now, with Expensify, I don't have a backlog of receipts to enter, I just use the camera feature to take a photo of my expense as soon as I get the receipt and and it takes me minutes to set up a report. I can now concentrate on selling instead of submitting expenses.

Expensify review by Kyle J.
Kyle J.

"Expensify"

What do you like best?

Expensify is a great tool for keeping track of business expenses, whether your dinning out, traveling, or paying for a place to stay. Expensify has features that makes this process easy.

• Expensify streamlines data entry with smart capture capabilities.

• Customizable tags so users can categorize expenses in a way that makes sense to them. Also, can

visually see the cost breakdown on your dashboard.

• Capture mileage with a GPS tracker takes out the hard word of calculating yourself. This also makes sure

you get an accurate result.

• You can create invoices to anyone even if they do not have an Expensify account.

• Automate when you want reports generated (daily, weekly, ect).

• Connect your credit card/bank account and automatically pull in transactions.

Overall, Expensify does a great job and is very affordable.

What do you dislike?

Usually with a product with many features the likely problem is usually that the UI is a little hard to use at first. There is a learning curve to the product. Sometimes I have issues with the smart scan but that could be caused by my crappy cell phone camera.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can try the free version its limited and only allows 10 smart scans a month, or the 5$ a month per user to try it out is inexpensive.

Company wide uniform Expense tracking. The benefit we realized is that with Expensify we can streamline generating and processing expense reports.

Expensify review by Derrick E.
Derrick E.

"Expensify the "

What do you like best?

I like that Egencia is very easy to use and very user friendly. For scaling purposes its very helpful because limited training of employees is needed. Another positive is that it easily integrates with many tools. Especially helpful with Netsuite and any company travel program.

What do you dislike?

The only real dislike of expensify is that its reporting capabilities could be a lot better. Also i would like to see the ability to reimburse to international bank accounts

As Expensify has continued to expand its tools, one business problem that Expensify has solved is the ability to get users to submit expense reports on time. With concierge tool that was rolled out, it really aides users in putting together and expense report in a timely manner. In the accounting world timing is very important as we need to record all our expenses during our close process. Expensify helps facilitate that.

Expensify review by Robert D.
Robert D.

"Great for submitting expenses!"

What do you like best?

Ability to email receipts to Expenseify - even from multiple addresses.

Easy to use interface. It's clear and logically organized.

Notifications letting me know its been submitted and approved.

Easy to create reports and add multiple expenses, then turn the whole report in for reimbursement.

Desktop and mobile sync seamlessly.

It's fun to use: "Inbox Zero? You're my hero! Now, how about finally booking that flight to Hawaii?" "Your future looks bright! All your expenses are up-to-date"

What do you dislike?

The auto-fill feature takes wayyyyyy too long. I end up manually filling out the expense details myself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it if you have people who need to submit expenses on the fly.

Getting business expenses reimbursed. Benefits are not having to save everything up and do it after a trip. Can also track budgets.

Expensify review by Mackenzie S.
Mackenzie S.

"User friendly software"

What do you like best?

I like the software's app. Although the desktop version is easy and user-friendly too. It's just very easy to use, unless your company has a lot of filters and rules.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the program duplicates charges and the charges state that they are from a day later. This is a small glitch and you just have to be aware of it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared for the charges you have linked to appear 24 hours after you actually made the purchase. SO if you bought a coffee on the 24th using your company card linked to the program, it will likely say you bought it on the 25th.

I'm not sure, I'm not on the finance team. I like the program because it is easy to submit expenses and I assume our finance team also likes how easy it is.

Expensify review by Dave H.
Dave H.

"Excellent, easy-to use expense reporting"

What do you like best?

I love being able to import transactions directly from my bank account. Also, the interface is super-clean and easy to work with, and coding / organizing expenses is very simple. I have used several other services in the past, and Expensify is the best I've used. The both the mobile and desktop app are really easy to work with and fun to use.

What do you dislike?

Not much not to like with this software! I would have said the desktop app layout, but they recently updated and it's really nice and clean.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a clean, straight-forward expense reporting service that your employees will love, Expensify is it!

Makes it easy for our employees to report expenses, and easy to verify. I really think it's a great tool that employees love for it's simplicity and ease of use.

Expensify review by Elizabel R.
Elizabel R.

"Easy-peasy expense tracking."

What do you like best?

Expensify is so easy to use. I appreciate the fact that I can snap a picture of a receipt, email it to Expensify, and it will appear on my account, allowing me to match it to a charge easily.

What do you dislike?

I've had some strange glitches take place every once in a while where I have to restart the program in order to access a particular button. This isn't constant enough to taint my overall feelings toward the product. It's still wonderfully easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is such an easy-to-use tool. Expenses can't get any easier than this.

I manage expenses for two high-level employees at my company. They snap a picture of their receipt instantly and send it to the program via email. This saves me from having to wade through receipts at the end of the month, and it saves them from having to keep track of receipts until they can get to me.

Expensify review by Samuel A.
Samuel A.

"Easiest Business Expense App"

What do you like best?

No need to save and collect receipts anymore! Expensify pulls info from a card associated with your account, making it fast and easy to expense and receive reimbursement. Also in apps such as Uber where you can make a business profile, it will link directly in to Expensify and automatically include that purchase in a report. No more paper, no sweat. You can still scan receipts if need be, as well as adding in extras such as driving mileage for a no worries approach to reimbursement. Reports will be marked as approved/rejected and your report history as well as individual expenses will be saved so you can always go back and look at past reports filed. Also my girlfriend who's company uses the similar 'Concur' has looked over me using Expensify and stated that my process seems easier than hers.

What do you dislike?

So far I haven't encountered any problems - the app works exactly as it should. I can't think of any way they could make it better either.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This program is so user friendly, anyone can create their expense report in seconds without any guidance. The app is fast and there is no need for keeping paper receipts. But if you are scanning receipts, it is fast, easy, and very accurate (to the point that it can pick up hand written tips etc.)

This solves the problem of making expense reports. It speeds up the process x10 and you no longer have to worry about collecting receipts or keeping them.

Expensify review by Austin R.
Austin R.

"Expensify made life easier as a traveling employee"

What do you like best?

It makes it easy to for people to submit receipts and get expenses paid easily. The interface on the mobile app and the website, is extremely easy to use and is great. They are really good at notifying you when expenses are approved. You can start building a report as you go and just keep attaching new expenses to the report then just submit at the end.

What do you dislike?

It takes a bit to get use to how to create a report but it is easy once you learn it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It was easy to setup and use, tweaking the policies took a bit to figure out but other than that, it should be straight forward.

We needed an easy solution to for employees to submit their expense reports. It makes it easy to keep track of expenses for traveling employees with remote offices. I

Expensify review by Victoria T.
Victoria T.

"Simple and very useful"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of adding receipts to the site. I can forward email receipts or take pictures on my cell phone and email them to the program. Much easier than stacks of receipts waiting to be scanned in!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the system registers charges as duplicates even if they are from different days.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have noticed that Expensify makes changes to the actual accounts when new policies and procedures are added to the system. My account has had many changes that I did not agree too which in turn led to my administrator not being able to receive me reports correctly. It was all a new part of the system that was added - but I should have the choice to update my settings not Expensify.

No more receipt piles and no more forgotten receipts in email. I can just forward them along when I receive them.

Expensify review by Administrator in Accounting
Administrator in Accounting

"Expense Tracking Made Easy"

What do you like best?

The customer community is a great support tool that many Expense-tracking systems do not have. This is a collaborative environment users can navigate to ask for help, make recommendations, so on and so forth. Expensify takes recommendations in the environment to heart. They are consistently making improvements and changes to the system to make expense reporting even easier.

What do you dislike?

If your corporate credit cards are through a company that does not support connection to a 3rd party, it is rather tricky to get those expenses in the system. Individuals can upload .csv files into their accounts with this information, but it can't be done on a policy-wide basis (by an administrator).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try a demo account first to ensure it meets all of your company's unique requirements. Attend the training webinars. They are extremely helpful.

Collecting receipts for expenses on company credit cards or for reimbursements is as easy as possible. This system insures that employees are collecting all necessary documentation for expenses.

Expensify review by Elizabeth H.
Elizabeth H.

"Easiest reimbursement process"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that i no longer need to lug around and find missing receipts for reimbursement. Keeping track of paper these days is getting more and more difficult. even with our phone allowance our company was able to set a max amount.

What do you dislike?

The only dislike I have with expensify is there is no way to upload toll payments (automatic from a device) which is unfortunate. we shared this with our representative and they said it was a great issue and they'd work toward a way to link it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

figure out how to do tolls when there are no receipts and the screen shots are an entire month including personal tolls. other than that, just keep up with modern technology and payment sources and it isn't an issue. maybe figure out a way to link apple pay? could be a fancy feature for the future and a way to set yourself aside from competition.

We're cutting down on time accounting spends to reconcile reimbursements and therefore paying the employees at a faster rate

Expensify review by Michael F.
Michael F.

"Past Exspensify User, and I miss it "

What do you like best?

The ability to photograph receipts and have them digitally converted, and to be able to track distance driven for fuel and rental car reimbursement.

What do you dislike?

sometimes the GPS tracking for mileage and fuel calculation would crash, but all in all was seamless.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This makes tracking and submitting expenses a breeze. I would track all expenses from a trip. Submit to my director, they would submit to HR and I would get my reimbursement on my next check. you can add descriptions on every purchase as to further justify the expense or inform which clients you were entertaining etc. And the absolute best feature is the Mileage and trip tracking/ photo feature that allows for you to add receipts of photos into the app, so no need to carry around all receipts from the trip.

Exspensify makes tracking business expenses a breeze. If you are traveling a lot in a month, you can itemize every expense and the granularity to be able to add various expenses to different folders/ trips keeps everything originzed and easy to submit. And, with the photo integration, no need to hold onto receipts, snap a photo of it and it holds onto that info digitally

Expensify review by User in Religious Institutions
User in Religious Institutions

"Easy to Use Expense Tracking System"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to snap a picture of my receipt with my Expensify App as soon as I get it. This has helped me because I'm someone who loses receipts. I like that Expensify does its best to read receipt info and cut down manual entry.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the automatic reader of Expensify sometimes gets the name and totals wrong off the receipts. I think they have some development to do. It is still better than nothing, but it could be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take some time to get used to it. There are lots of features that you can customize. Make sure you have it customized to your preferences, so you can use it to its fullest.

We are a decentralized office so handing in receipts or mailing expense info is cumbersome. This has solved that problem. It's also solved the problem of me losing receipts. It auto calculates totals so I can easily track my expenses and make sure I am within budget limitations.

Expensify review by Chelsi B.
Chelsi B.

"Expensify Review"

What do you like best?

I really like using Expensify because when you upload the pictures of your receipts, it auto-populates the fields. It picks up the total cost, which category it fits into (i.e., fuel, hotel, food, etc.) and makes the whole process a lot simpler to complete. You can also split expenses between you and another user, which is a super helpful feature!

What do you dislike?

What I definitely dislike about Expensify is how it took a little getting used to the app in the beginning. The first few times I used it, it was a little confusing. Also, at times, the app can take a little longer to SmartScan my receipts, and then after I check back, it says it was unable to scan them through. It would be nice to have an alert feature when this happens, so I'm not waiting around.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely an app worth trying, very easy to pick up and maneuver after a few minutes.

Instead of taking pictures and emailing them in, Expensify organizes my monthly expense report and makes it extremely easy to email in. This app has saved me a lot of time and made sure I get the most out of sending in my expenses each month. I also like how previous expense reports are saved, so I can always take a look back at them if needed.

Expensify review by Administrator

"I'm done. "

What do you like best?

Initially, I really liked the UI and the ability to drag and drop receipts and organize things. I can code it to a GL account, and it provides our cardholders with the ability to really tell us what a transaction is for. It beats the excel spreadsheet method we had been using.

What do you dislike?

I'm writing this now, after having used it for nearly two years, because Expensify has gone so far downhill that I'm looking for something else. They routinely mess things up, in what they say are attempts to make the software better. There are several minor things they could add that they won't do -- such as, if I change the name of a category or try to rectify a typo, it'd be great if it didn't make ALL previously submitted reports have invalid categories. So, don't make typo's. If the link between your bank and Expensify breaks, good effing luck fixing it, their fix button doesn't do a thing. Drop down menu's are terrible and not intuitive, toggles go on and off with every patch, making things difficult. And you usually don't know why things are going on, because you *know* you turned scheduled submit off but suddenly it's on again, until after the fact. Add on to this that the pricing keeps going up. And for what? Are they using the Time Warner Cable business model of how to really stick it to your customers?

Much of what they say they can do doesn't work as well as they claim. And they offer zero customer phone support. You end up talking to a bot a lot. Good luck.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look elsewhere.

It made expense reporting easier for a while.

Expensify review by Michael B.
Michael B.

"Simple to use, does what it says"

What do you like best?

Super easy to add expenses and create reports. The bill.com integration makes submitting reports and getting paid simple. Attaching receipts is really easy, once you create a report just add expenses as needed. You can manage multiple reports at the same time.

I like the UI and have never had to use the support functionality.

What do you dislike?

Not much, haven't come across any major issues. Some automation or machine learning would be nice to better streamline the workflow, such as automatically identifying recurring or common expenses by category.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great, lightweight tool that works well and integrates with 3rd parties.

Expense reimbursement - so far, so good. It's a lot faster than excel spreadsheets and more flexible than most accounting systems. Nice that's it can scale to any size, and stay flexible as your company changes expense workflows.

Expensify review by Rachid E.
Rachid E.

"Simple and straight forward expenses management system"

What do you like best?

Expensify is a very simple tool that allow us to efficiently manage the expenses for our different employees at different levels. It has the possibility to "smart scan" (feature not always efficient but works 90% of the time) the receipts and then automatically create and generate reports. You can then se different levels of users and approvers in order to completely cover all the pyramidal and managerial needs of the company. The system can alert when an expense looks like it is a duplicate or if the amount have been entered manually. This is very helpful for people who have to approve a lot of expenses. The mobile app by itself is properly made and do its job, on Android or IOS (Iphone / Ipad).

What do you dislike?

The system not being integrable with a lot of other systems to manage the reimbursements it can sometimes be "tricky" to deal with a lot of different policies and reports. The complete statistics and reporting section could be richer in order to have a better insight on the expenses and help us have a better control of the budgeting; the different policies can as well be sometimes tricky to deal with if not properly set up.

We are resolving the long and time consuming process of scanning and saving the expenses. This improves the process of reimbursement too and has the advantage of keeping a long time tracking of the different receipts.

Expensify review by Austin R.
Austin R.

"Keeps Track of My Life"

What do you like best?

What do you dislike?

It takes a little while to get the hang of its user interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For the most part, if you have a scrap of paper with a number on it, then Expensify has a way to absorb that data. Expensify permits you to add expenses using its mobile app, which utilizes an OCR SmartScan. Or you can opt for website uploads, receipts sent to a dedicated email address, and specific credit card accounts. You can also capture receipt images from a web browser by using a Google Chrome extension, or import them by using Dropbox or Evernote.

Expensify streamlines data entry and automates the trivial pieces of expense tracking. It does a splendid job and is very affordable.

Expensify review by Carolyn R.
Carolyn R.

"Expensify's great user interface"

What do you like best?

Expensify has a great user interface and mimics Xero in being beautiful software to use.

What do you dislike?

There are some frustrating limitations - you can only add one receipt to a transaction, you can't add receipts after submission (which is a helpful feature if you struggle to get receipts on time for corporate card charges) and the automatic statement reporting doesn't cover all the date scenarios that can occur

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software is great and new features are being released regularly. Make sure you take time to make out the integration scenarios and ensure you have someone experienced to help with the user process implementation.

We have automatic corporate card bank feeds set up with Expensify which has halved our corporate card reconciliation processing time. It is also a great tool for other employee expense claims.

Expensify review by User

"Good UI and Convenient!"

What do you like best?

Simple to use - expenses auto pulled into a weekly report for submission.

What do you dislike?

For some reason the default setting for expenses input are not checked off to be reimbursable. This may be an internal user setting but it seems weird at least for my usage that it would be an option to file an unreimbursed expense.

The auto-receipt feature has also been a bit of a tease - maybe I'm just submitting odd receipts but none of them seem to pull in very cleanly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It does about everything you'd need from a simplified expense reporting tool. Our company has been happy using it and as a user, I've been satisfied interacting with it (no comment on implementation / administrator side).

Good way to track expenses and file them on the fly. All reports are stored and easily accessible (i.e. reporting functionality to track historical expenses and reports).

Workflow from a user perspective seems straightforward - you get e-mail notifications and payments once approvals are done are quick.

Expensify review by Mel F.
Mel F.

"Not Intuitive with Hidden Fees"

What do you like best?

There's not much my business likes about this software. Probably the direct deposit is its best feature.

What do you dislike?

The software is not intuitive for anyone involved...the user, approver, or admin. It's terribly difficult to set up different entities within the software and you have to apply the same expense reimbursement policy multiple times which is a huge pain. This has caused us way more manual work than it has helped out business and provides no insights into our employee expenses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Only purchase this software if you have very basic expense reimbursement needs. Do not use if you have multiple corporate credit cards (over 5).

Reimburse employees for business related expenses and track credit spend. We have not realized any benefits from this software and only headaches. Expensify is not able to handle more than 8 credit cards and our feed was cut off and there's no customer service number to call and their responses via chat are just canned responses that are specific to our problems

Expensify review by Sydney G.
Sydney G.

"Easy once you figure it out"

What do you like best?

We have been using Expensify to process purchases and refunds for our organization for a long time now. Once I learned how to use the system, it was really easy to input information and approve expenses for the organization.

What do you dislike?

I don't know how user-friendly it would be for someone who isn't very good with computers. I feel like the program should come with a user-friendly how-to video. This may be something that it comes with but our organization was not effective in sending this along to each of the chapters of the organization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Expensify continued to improve over the years that I used the product. I really enjoyed seeing the growth in the program and I hope it continues to improve for current and future users.

Since we are a college student-run organization with employees in the national organization guiding the chapters, it was a very easy platform for all parties to communicate about expenses, revenue, etc

Expensify review by Jolie P.
Jolie P.

"Easy Expense Reports"

What do you like best?

I like using Expensify because it helps me keep up with all of my expenses in an easy and clean way. I also like that it was designed to go through several people before being approved instead of automatically accepting expenses. This way I know that everything I report is accurate.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how long it took me to learn how to use it. Once you get the hang of it, it is fairly simple, however, if someone was not there to train me I would have had a hard time figuring out how to use it.

Expensify allows my organization to keep track of each others expenses. It is an easy way for financial services to reconcile our credit cards.

Expensify review by Joao A.
Joao A.

"Best tool for expense reports and management"

What do you like best?

How easy we can insert and track our expenses that we sent to the company for reimbursement. It's super easy and we always get information hows going our expense.

The mobile app makes it easy and quickly to create our report.

What do you dislike?

The UI can be a little confusing, but after some practice, this can be a minor point.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool for expenses reports. After some practice is super easy to navigate and the notifications are fantastic. From what I know, expensify is super customisable and that is a plus point.

Expensify help us to track our invoice that we have for reimbursement, and the notifications when the process pass for each point is super nice.

Expensify review by Nathan S.
Nathan S.

"Amazing Product!!!!"

What do you like best?

What I liked best about Expensify was that it automatically will send your expenses to the specified person once a week at the time you specify when creating it.

What do you dislike?

What I honestly disliked about expensify is that you can't tell it to send the expense report before the set time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

One of the big things that I'd recommend to anyone considering expensify would be just do everything that is in your inbox because then you get more free time and let's be honest who doesn't enjoy not having to pay for stuff!!

The business problems we have solved with Expensify are the fact that before we started using Expensify people didn't always have their receipts because they might throw them out as they forget to keep them. The benefits we have realized include not having to worry about people forgetting their receipts since all they have to do is snap a picture of the receipt.

Expensify review by Tyler S.
Tyler S.

"Quick, easy, accurate"

What do you like best?

I like how once I link my bank account I do not have to worry about getting the information about my purchase. I like how it intelligently links my account purchase to a photo I upload as well.

What do you dislike?

There is not much I dislike about Expensify, The logo is a little confusing to me, it is easy to determine a theme from the images, it is just as quickly recognizable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Link Only your work accounts to Expensify if possible, it makes it easier to find expenses that match.

I am solving all the expense issues I used to have. It took me hours after each business trip to complete the process for submitting my expenses and getting reimbursed, now it does not take nearly as long and so I get my money back quicker.

Expensify review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Good enough, but missed the mark."

What do you like best?

In terms of ease of use, I like Expensify. It's simple to navigate, the phone app has a clean design and email to upload is great. For anyone needing to capture receipts or credit card transactions and submit expense report, I think this is one of the best tools out there.

What do you dislike?

The pricing is deceptive and makes it difficult to understand. Okay, not so much pricing is deceptive, but when you get a pop-up warning that says your "company policy is no longer active, do you want to re-enable?" there's no warning that it adds you back to a charged plan. Customer service can be better improved - even after I explain my issue in detailed steps, I still get them asking me a series of the same questions I already answered ( so either better ai algorithms or better live agent training). I just wish they would be clear upfront that there is no free business plan, which I don't think was explained to my boss when he enforced the use of Expensify.

Also, their credit card link seems be hit or miss. If you're not using a major, established bank, Expensify just misses pulling in transactions; you either have to manually upload them or re-enter your credentials and hope it catches the missing transactions then.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The premium plan is on the expensive side for most small organizations so make you sure you consider your needs against Expensify features before deciding to implement. You may realize there are more cost effective apps out there that does what you need without the fancy additional features of Expensify, like co-pilot access.

Easier/instant submission of travel and other reimbursement requests.

Expensify review by Andrew M.
Andrew M.

"Expensify is dope."

What do you like best?

I really like the ease of use and I also appreciate how quickly the direct transfer options move. I like being able to enter my information into the sheet and have it calculate the mileage for me. That's nice.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the way that the company communicates - it is quite childish and over the top. They really need to be a bit more professional. I am all about having fun and lightening the work environment, but they are trying way to hard.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend you go for it - unless you have a really big problem with quirky and over-the-top messaging, everything about this software is quite simple and easy. It can definitely save your money time and allow you to track expenses easily. It seems like a no-brainer.

We utilize expensify to complete expense reports, track our mileage and get reimbursed directly by our company.

"Expensify review "

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use of the app. It is really convenient for me to take photos of receipts from our team's expenses and just upload them to get further details. It saves a lot of time as we don't have to manually enter data and is also easy for customers since they can upload them at their own time.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about this service as of now

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are only 4-5 free receipt uploads so you have to plan wisely or set up the subscription

This saves a lot of time and is much more convenient than our old ways. We can use our time more efficiently if an app or website can do the easy work. As users of this service, our team can also use it to track their personal expenses.

Expensify review by Administrator

"BOTTOM LINE: They overcharge for their "Corporate" platform. "

What do you like best?

Ease of launch. We ended up with a decent implementation manager. Sadly, he didn't stick around long.

Month-to-month pricing. DON'T get sucked into paying for their annual plan pricing, see below for why.

What do you dislike?

Google "expensify known issues". Review the list of the corporate cards that they don't support. Be aware that they are not disclosing the many other corporate cards that their platform doesn't support.

If you’re lucky enough to use one of the corporate cards that they are currently supporting, be aware that their connection to your bank feed can break at any time. Generally, this will happen after your promotional period has ended and after your onboarding support contact has moved on.

Once the bank feed breaks you’re left with only chat support, which will take an average of 12 hours or more to respond to you.

When chat support responds, it’s clear that they are pasting from support scripts that have no relevance to your situation. Most responses will assume you’re on a Team plan, and initially offer troubleshooting steps aimed at those clients. You’ll have to explain that you’re a Corporate client.

Once you explain this, you’ll wait another 12 hours for a response from someone who hasn’t read the prior communication chain and you’ll have to explain yourself again. this sort of back-and-forth goes on for some time.

Eventually you’ll get them to admit that the only work-around for a broken corporate card bank feed is a manual CSV import through each individual’s account.

Don’t expect any meaningful response or acknowledgment if you bother to question the fees you’re paying for corporate access and if you point out the uselessness of a centralized “Domain Control” in this situation.

The new pricing scheme puts them on par with competitors who offer a much more robust, trouble-free version of what they call "Domain Control". For the prices they’re now charging, you can find a platform that’s much less of a headache, and support that doesn’t drive you up the wall.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ok for very small businesses. If you have more than a handful of corporate cards to support, almost anyone else is better. Their chat support would be better if they didn't respond at all. They get snippy and waste your time asking the same questions over and over, before finally admitting that they can't help you.

Expedited expense reporting, while it worked.

Expensify review by User in Internet

"Easy Way to Get Reimbursed (sometimes)"

What do you like best?

-The mobile app makes it easy to keep track of your receipts while on the go. You can then create a report when back at a computer as the mobile app syncs to the website seamlessly.

-I also like the seamless integration to my bank so the reimbursement is directly deposited.

What do you dislike?

-The interface is somewhat confusing.

-Attaching a receipt can be a hassle if you don't do it correctly the first time.

-I have had issues where the credit card isn't synching properly and thus I cant log all of my expenses - this has happened multiple times and the resolution is "this should be fixed in a few days".

Update: my CC issue has not been resolved - it has been over 3 months of this. I bank at a major institution and they cant pull in my transactions, very silly. Their solution is for me to import my expenses via CSV. This works just fine but its wild that I have to do this with their platform. Very disappointing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Makes expensing things very easy and is worth it if you have a lot of business charges.

I am able to log all expenses without having to carry a company credit card. This makes things very easy and gives me the ability to be reimbursed quickly.

Expensify review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Great way to submit reimbursement reports"

What do you like best?

The layout of the website is user-friendly - it's easy to teach team members how to use Expensify. I haven't used any other expense-tracking software, but I feel like submitting expenses for reimbursement is very straightforward in Expensify. When submitting for mileage reimbursement, the map feature is very convenient. I also like the email notifications that let you know the status of your reimbursement.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I would say I dislike about Expensify is that there are some unnecessary fields (free form) when submitting a report. It's a minor issue, and it has only come up when team members ask what to enter into those fields.

Before Expensify, we submitted reimbursement reports one time per month and were sent physical checks via mail. If we missed the cutoff, we had to wait another month to be reimbursed. It was all done with paper. I imagine that it was very hard to classify expenses and figure out where the money was being spent when we did not have a software that did this automatically.

Expensify review by Joshua D.
Joshua D.

"Expensify takes a bunch of the work out of expense reporting."

What do you like best?

The Smart Scan feature cannot be praised enough! The software easily grabs names, dates, and amounts from the vast majority of my receipts. All I have to do is fill in a description and I'm good to go. The user interface of the phone app is excellent. Very intuitive and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

The web interface sometimes has a bad reaction to my browser. I will have to switch from Chrome to Internet Explorer in order to access the interface online. Also, there is an auto-submit feature for expense reports that has caused me trouble, especially since I have not found a way to edit reports that have been submitted. (This may be user error, I admit).

Recommendations to others considering the product

We are still in the trial/pre-implementation stage, but I like what I see so far! If you already remember to keep your receipts (you should, by the way...), then the leap to snapping photos of them shouldn't be stressful, especially since Expensify does most of the rest of the work for you. For the price (I'm on a trial situation right now, but going forward...), it looks like you can't beat it!

Our office doesn't have very many employees, but we have vastly different schedules, and the majority of us work from off-site a lot of the time. This is going to help us stay on top of expense reporting--take a picture of the receipt right after purchase and let the app do its work in the background. Excellent stuff!!

Expensify review by Carly O.
Carly O.

"Expensify User Review"

What do you like best?

The mobile app is very user friendly, and allows me to easily upload expenses for reimbursement while on the go. I can add an expense to an expense report immediately after making a purchase.

What do you dislike?

I have not been able to un-link a credit card account from my expensify account using the app. I'm sure this can be done online, i just haven't had the chance to log in and un-link it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Expensify has been a successful tool used by my organization across the country. It allows thousands of users to submit expense reports for reimbursement without the use of credit cards under the organization. The expenses are reimbursed from a national account, rather than having thousands of credit card accounts under the organization. Expensify is very user friendly and has served us well.

Many people within my organization are making purchases on behalf of the organization. By using Expensify, we are able to be quickly reimbursed for the purchases without a delay of turning in a hard-copy receipt, or by having multiple credit cards within the organization. It also eliminated the need for petty cash, as we are able to make purchases of any size with the credit card and submit the receipt for reimbursement.

Expensify review by Sai A.
Sai A.

"Expensify review "

What do you like best?

I like the smart scan feature.All I need to do is scan the receipt and type in some minor details. Earlier I had to scan the receipts and write everything and create a report.This saves a lot of time. Also like the Mileage tracker function. Also like the fact I can go paperless.

What do you dislike?

The mileage tracking function could be a little better, like saving the default address I regularly use, instead of typing it always.Also there is no phone number to contact the customer service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it.Its one of the best around. I have tried other services like Shoeboxed and Fudget. But this has an edge over the others in the market.

I use the app to create expense reports while on field. Saves me time and effort of going to the office and manually creating a report.

Expensify review by User in Computer Software

"Saves time, good tracking tool...no more paper receipts!"

What do you like best?

It's a good tool to make sure that you don't have to track down paper receipts every month. It also allows on the admin side a better way to track all expenses. It's easy to use and receipts can be uploaded on the spot. Also the recognition software is helpful so you don't have to input all data like price or expense title.

What do you dislike?

The way it groups expenses is awkward at times. The system doesn't group expenses very well and doesn't allow you to do in a way that fit what you're doing making the report difficult (ie only groups expenses for one month as opposed to 1 trip, if you wanted to track better).

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a good service if you aren't using anything prior but the lack of being able to bundle expenses other than by time period is frustrating.

Allowing employees an easier way to track expenses and from an admin perspective an easier way to see what each person's expenses (as opposed to using excel).

Expensify review by Michelle L.
Michelle L.

"Its close, but not quite right"

What do you like best?

I like that my employees can enter and classify expenses for individual projects.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I cannot link expenses directly to a project budget so I still need to use another program to track budgets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can only use this project to enter expenses. I know that sounds like what the item is designed for, but what good is a project expense if you cannot bill it to a project in the consulting realm. There is a lot of set up involved to get the project tags and codes in place. Expensify has just added one component that is incomplete. I do not like having to use multiple individual programs.

The problems we have solved has been primarily focused on making sure our employees get reimbursed for personal expenses.

Expensify review by Michael C.
Michael C.

"Keeping on top of expenses is easier than ever"

What do you like best?

It would always be a massive pain coming back from a week or two business trip with envelopes full of receipts to expense. Now with Expensify i can do this on the fly quickly and easily from my mobile. It keeps me much more organised and saves time.

What do you dislike?

The smartscan feature is a great idea, but in reality it is not always reliable so I still need to manually enter the receipt details such as price and location etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Help improve efficiency when travelling. It saves so much time entering expenses.

We have more time available to us while we are in the office after a business trip as we no longer spend hours filling in expense forms.

Expensify review by User

"Expensify Is A Smart Way To Do.Business!"

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Expensify is a smart way to streamline expense reporting processes. Expensify allows data-entry for specific employees and managers, allowing for policy protocol and expense coding. Expensify is user-friendly and comes with strong app. Customer support is in need of an overhaul. Customer support is done via chat with long response times of up to 5 hours. Expensify streamlines expense reporting processes. Data-entry for specific employees and managers. Allows for expense coding. User-friendly. Strong app.

Streamlines expense reporting processes. Data-entry for specific employees and managers. Allows for expense coding. User-friendly. Strong app on Android and Apple.

Expensify review by User in Computer & Network Security
User in Computer & Network Security

"Best I've ever used, but still some glitches."

What do you like best?

Can snap a picture and add expenses as you go. Super convenient and much much easier to remember than saving a stack of receipts somewhere and adding them into an excel spreadsheet at the end of your trip.

What do you dislike?

A few glitches-- the home page never shows receipts from the most recent dates, you have to hit "reset filters" in order to see any outstanding expenses. This can sometimes lead to leaving expenses in the past until it's too late to submit them. Also the "SmartScan" feature can be irritating-- I believe it is actually entered in by Expensify employees, but that can take a really long time and occasionally it's just easier to enter yourself. The other thing is that when SmartScan does take really long I'm paranoid my receipt won't be saved in the system so I hold onto it until SmartScan completes.

Ease for employees across departments. Streamlines the expense reimbursement process so it's less hassle across the board. Doesn't take time so employees can actually do their jobs quickly and efficiently.

Expensify review by Patrick S.
Patrick S.

"Easy and Efficient"

What do you like best?

As a small startup, we were looking for a way to do expenses that went beyond the old spreadsheet days and would not break the bank. I love Expensify - it is easy, efficient, and super handy. Plus, their "we don't bill you unless you actually use it" policy is not only a common sense approach, it is perfect for our business. Well done! As we grow our business, we look forward to using many of the other rich features of Expensify.

What do you dislike?

I have not really found anything that strikes me as bad or nonfunctional so far. Seems to be a well thought out product and for our purposes, it fits the bill nicely.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it! Use the free trial ... you'll be hooked.

We use Expensify for reimbursable expenses and mileage. I like how easy it was to set up and start using immediately. There are efficiencies in having a standardized expense platform.

"Expensify Review"

What do you like best?

The app and the ability to take pictures and do expenses in real time. I also love the fact that you can do auto deposit instead of needing to wait for payroll.

I love that you can create multiple expense reports at any time and manually enter in expenses that are not showing up in your bank statement because you paid in cash for example.

What do you dislike?

The smart scan on the camera feature could be better to recognize the fields for the expense. It can also take a bit of time when using that smart scan feature to attach the receipt which draws the process out.

Sometimes it can get confusing with the chains of approvals and guidelines set by the company but I am sure there is a purpose for this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it! Not sure I know of another competitor that does the same thing and works as well.

With a lot of remote field teams it helps keep things organized and alleviates manual expense reporting of our accounting team. I've realized the benefits of having funds direct deposited into my account during a quarter or mid pay period so I do not have to absorb major costs on my companies behalf.

Expensify review by User in Computer Software

"Great Upgrade for our Company"

What do you like best?

The app. The app allows the users to take a photo of their receipt and immediately upload it to Expensify which eliminates the need to collect all receipts and upload them at a later time. Personally, I really like the mileage option in Expensify. The mileage feature allows a user to type in their starting and ending location which allows Expensify to create a receipt based on the distance you went. This eliminates the need to manually track or use another mapping system to record the distance traveled.

What do you dislike?

If a user manually uploads a receipt before the linked credit card transaction goes through, the expense will duplicate. The user can easily merge the two expenses but I would like for the system to merge them automatically based on information provided or available.

Our company was formally using excel spreadsheets to track individual expenses reports which was very time consuming and often left room for human error. Expensify has streamlined the process of expense reports, removed much of the manual tasks associated with expense reports, and decreased the amount of time it takes for users to be reimbursed.

Expensify review by User in Computer Software

"Good experience with Expensify"

What do you like best?

I love the SmartScan feature - it categorizes and labels everything for you. I can just snap a photo of my receipt right after I receive it, then throw it away immediately while Smart Scan does the work for me. I love not having to keep my receipts or save them all until after a trip or until I submit. There's too much else to keep track of when traveling.

What do you dislike?

The one thing I wish was better was the process of reviewing expenses and reports on my phone. As a supervisor, I have to review several reports monthly. I like to look at them as soon as they come in, so I often receive them to my phone. I've found it difficult to edit and review anything with the way it's formatted in a mobile web browser (and it's not possible from the app).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Expensify has simplified the expense report game tremendously.

Expensify saves a ton of time by allowing us to route our reports to the correct individuals for approval. For example, we route our clinic reports to the event coordinator first, who knows the most about the event itself and legitimate expenses for it. After that we route the report to the supervisor as another layer of security and safeguarding our expenses. Expensify also keeps us from having to save tons of individual receipts - which prevents the headaches that come with lost receipts. We also save time by using the SmartScan feature to input the details for us. Time is money!

Expensify review by User in Internet

"Easy to use for expenses and time management"

What do you like best?

Expensify provides an easy platform to input and track expenses for reimbursement. The mobile app makes it easy to quickly take a snap shot and upload a receipt to pair with an expense. Easy to use for time management and to track hours.

What do you dislike?

While the interface is easy to navigate, it can get somewhat confusing between expenses and reports to group expenses under. Often times when submitting under time, it still prompts users to include a receipt which typically would not be available for users.

Expensify makes it easy to track and submit both time and expenses for reimbursement and payroll. Easy to use and track receipts to pair to expenses.

Expensify review by George M.
George M.

"Expensify , my review about it"

What do you like best?

I like the productivity, Expensify has conveyed to our organization. The application is useful in some courses too particularly when we are on trips out of the nation. I likewise value the capacity to track mileage and be repaid for mileage with next to no data on my part.

What do you dislike?

Expensify can be exceptionally "glitchy" - in some cases the moves that need to make put are not natural and different circumstances the framework just impedes and can't process the demand. The application particularly the latest refresh isn't instinctive and can't use as an independent framework - despite everything I have to go to my tablet or PC to complete the report.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In the event that you don't have a framework at all please go to Expensify - it is superior to not having anything it is justified, Expensify has certainly spared us time and cash by ending up more proficient.

Before Expensify we were dealing with our costs through paper receipts and spreadsheets. So Expensify was a colossal help with streamlining cost compromises and repayments. I have additionally observed that Expensify permits our group abroad to give the subtle elements required without mailing/messaging receipts in a wasteful way. We additionally have discovered that we can include clients before long and the inherent parameters and principles help with the nature of data got.

Expensify review by Zane S.
Zane S.

"Expense Reporting that doesn't Suck"

What do you like best?

We were handling all out receipts and expenses collection of company credit cards in house, Our biggest issue was employees not turning in receipts or even getting them in in a timely manner. Since using Expensify along with our Intacct(accounting system) integration, we have 99% of all our receipts, we are able to get those expenses into Intacct once they are approved and can run up to date reports in our Accounting system. Also Expensify is really responsive to our suggestions to new features.

What do you dislike?

All in all a great integration with Intacct. There is just one aspect we wish we could adjust to help track purchases employees make for other employees such as training, staff relations and uniform expenses. If you have Intacct as your accounting system you will understand. This is such a minor dislike

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is easy to use, set up and will streamline your employees expense report process. We use the product for employees to submit their company card expenses as well as submit reimbursements. Expensify can even reimburse your employees in their system, Its a feature we will be switching to in the future

Expensify review by Patrick W.
Patrick W.

"Satisfactory"

What do you like best?

The smoothness of automation and the constant email feedback re: status of my invoices. Expensify does a good job keeping me updated on the process of expense/invoice submission and directory approval.

What do you dislike?

Not at all a fan of the design. Overuse of flat iconography makes it feel too friendly and less professional. This isn't Slack, whose design intent is to provide as friendly and welcoming an environment as possible to facilitate communication. Expensify is a service designed for invoicing. Too many soft colors and rounded corners.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider the scale of your application. How many contractors do you plan on hiring and maintaining? If you need an organized, automated system for expensing to 20-250 independent contractors, consider using Expensify. However, at scale greater than that, I might consider an alternative service such as Fieldglass.

Invoicing system for independent contractors. Previously we were directly emailing excel spreadsheets to our regional managers and we realized that such a system was not scalable at our current growth rate. Such a new system is helpful to our infrastructure as we branch out and distribute our services across the US.

Expensify review by Kristen E.
Kristen E.

"Expensify Review"

What do you like best?

I love the feature that allows you to email receipts to expensify and it will automatically categorize them and put them on a report. You can also create rules and expensify will learn how to classify your charges. For example, I have to expense Lyft and Uber all the time and I now no longer have to comment or classify those charges when filing my report. It saves a ton of time. The interface is really easy and intuitive and submitting reports is a breeze.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that was a little confusing in the beginning was setting up my signature and then not knowing that I had to "attach" the signature in order to submit a report. They could have made the directions a little more clear, but once I figured it out, there was no problem.

We are solving the need to submit expense reports that is both user friendly and administrator friendly. This solves both.

Expensify review by Scott L.
Scott L.

"I put in expenses, I get paid back"

What do you like best?

The report creation is easy to use. Easy to attach a receipt via screenshot, photo, etc. Hooked up my lyft account to expensify so business trips are automatically added for reimbursement.

What do you dislike?

I would like smartscan to be an option and not mandatory. It slows down processing of reports if I have multiple ones to upload.

It's not always clear when an expense is actually submitted, it needs to go into a report first and then that gets submitted. I've sometimes forgotten to submit a report for reimbursement.

Easy to file for costs to come back to me.

Expensify review by User in Music
User in Music

"Awesome way to get ready for tax time!"

What do you like best?

I love the categories you can put expenses into, so that when tax time rolls around all you have to do is pull up the total for each category and you’re all set. The smart scanning feature is awesome, and you don’t have to carry around receipts for days!

What do you dislike?

I wish I could separate the categories totals by year, but they all just run together, so I have to remember on Jan 1st to send myself the yearly report.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dive right in! It’s the perfect app!

This app helps me greatly during tax season. I used to print my bank and credit cards statement and then add up all my deductible expenses. It would take at least 8 hours. Now I just categorize my purchases on the app and send myself a report at the end of the year. It saves me so much time and stress!!

Expensify review by Olaf C.
Olaf C.

"Awesome tool, saves you so much time and so easy to use."

What do you like best?

The fact that I can easily create and submit my expense reports. When I first got a company card, I dreaded the part of having to keep track of all expenses and fill out our Google Sheets doc to report - Expensify turned that around and makes it so easy that I'm usually in and out in less than five minutes and they get everything they need from me.

What do you dislike?

At my level, there's isn't much functionality that I would find to dislike

Recommendations to others considering the product

You want to eliminate the headache of team member expense reports, you have to get this. Sometimes the automatic receipts come in automatically. So easy to use and customize - I must confess, I JUST realized that I could use this for travel and mileage expenses on my mobile device. I don't travel often but when I do, it's good to know I'll have less to worry about and the way I am, I have to do things on the moment or else I'll forget and won't get a chance later.

Expense reporting. We have steady and accurate expense reporting because Expensify makes it so easy that we have no problems completing it.

Expensify review by Josh K.
Josh K.

"Decreased employee burden and shortened turn around time"

What do you like best?

It's extremely easy for me to track all of my expenses and I get paid back faster.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the scanning doesn't work that well and it doesn't show up right away with scanned details, so I still have to keep the receipt for a while to make sure all of the details & image got saved correctly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Our usage of the tool started with one employee using it to compile their receipts and then when accounting caught wind, they bit immediately and it was company policy less than 2 months later.

Managing expenses was a paper process that was time-consuming, had a slow turnaround and wasn't the most accurate... This led to frustrated employees and a stressed-out accountant.