Expensify
Badge 1417703314

Expensify

59 8.6 / 10
Compare Request a Demo
Import expenses directly from a credit card to create free expense reports quickly. Approve reports online and reimburse directly to a checking account with one click.

Expensify Reviews (59)

I a Dave. Dave I a. I say, I do not like that Dave I a. Do you like expense reports? They Suck, Dave I a. Expense Reports Suck, I say Would you like them here... Read More
G2 Crowd User in Internet
I was able to set it up myself in minutes. The integration to my AMEX charge card took a couple of minutes. The smart receipt feature is genius. It allows met to take... Read More
G2 Crowd User in Computer Software
Validated Review

Excellent product and service!

What do you like best?

Being a frequent traveller with work, I really couldn't go back to collecting receipts and manually inputting data into Excel. Expensify makes my life so much easier. I have also never had a single problem with the service. In-fact, I recently wrote a quick note to their CEO in a response to what must've been a mail-shot, but he actually responded to learn more about my experience and requested recommendations on how to improve the service. This is unheard of, and is testament to the awesome company he has created. Bravo!

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about Expensify. I know this doesn't really help you make improvements, but it's true. I need to write 40 characters minimum in this box so just filling out the numbers. la de da. I just bought a new puppy called Frank. He needs feeding.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should absolutely consider Expensify if you have a business with a large amount of staff having to process expenses. Don't think twice!

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

We have over 100 sales people on the road at any one time, so we like to make sure time is being used as effectively as possible, but obviously this is very hard to track. Putting tools in-place to streamline the tedious administrative jobs such as processing expenses has resulted in a much more productive sales force.

Easiest Expense Reports Ever

What do you like best?

Their Smart Scan feature lets me take an iPhone photo of a receipt and it extracts the dollar value. Then I can easily import the receipt into my expense report. It just works. I find that I get my expense reports done faster and in a more timely manner because it's just so easy. Also, it's easy to see which of my reviews have been approved, which are in the queue... and which expense reports for my staff need my approvals.

What do you dislike?

When I take a Smart Scan photo of the receipt, it tells me that it's processing the image, and sometimes that takes too long. I would like it to recognize the receipt image faster. But that's a small complaint compared to the benefits.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

The problem is that most expense report systems I've used in the past have required that I save the receipts during business travel, then enter them all in at a later date. I would write notes on the receipts so I could remember what they were for. Now, I can take an iPhone photo of the receipt immediately and it's in the system. Much easier and more reliable.

Validated Review

I don't keep paper receipts anymore

What do you like best?

I recommend Expensify to people all the time. Here's how I use it...

When I'm travelling, or when I purchase something claimable, I have trained myself to take a picture of the receipt with Expensify BEFORE I put the receipt into my pocket. In fact, I often take a picture and then throw away the receipt because I don't need it anymore. I select the appropriate expense report when I take the picture, so it goes immediately into the right location for my expense claim.

Expensify automatically uploads the picture from my iPhone to the Expensify website. I have to be a little careful when I do this while overseas to avoid roaming charges, so I'll often wait until I'm on wifi to do the upload.

At the end of the trip, I open the Expense Report and classify each expense (eg "meals"), add a vendor name and enter the value. (Some of these can be done automatically for me on Expensify, but I actually enjoy doing it myself so I can remember to add tips not shown on the receipt).

I...

What do you dislike?

I'd like to be able to choose whether to upload immediately or wait until I'm on wifi, so that I can lower my roaming data usage when travelling overseas.

I'd like to be able to show "original currency" totals on the summary page rather than converting each line item individually. This is because my finance system that processes the claim will make the decision on currency conversion. I'd just to like show a total figure for "Accommodation - New Zealand Dollars" rather than have it converted to my home currency automatically.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's free to use most features, but costs money to integrate into your finance system. I highly recommend the free features, since they are all I needed.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

I'm simplifying expense claims.

I no longer need to keep paper receipts and my expense claims can be submitted with a minimum of effort.

Simplify tracking your expense

What do you like best?

It helps you track and categorize expenses on the web and through a mobile app as well.Mobile App allows to enter, categorize and make notes about expenses using your phone right as they happen. You can also use your phone to take pictures of the receipts that you attach to your expenses for upload to your account.

Many simple to use functions perfect for logging time and money spent practically priceless, and the sync function that automates expense tracking makes filing expenses more or less effortless.

What do you dislike?

It is expensive for a company of more than 1000 employees. Seems like their focus is on SMBs currently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Looking for a dependable and portable expense tracker and budget planner, Expensify is the best solution.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

For submitters, it eliminates the need to hold on to paper receipts: we import IRS-ready eReceipts directly from your online bank account, or SmartScan the purchase information off of paper receipts using your mobile phone -- no typing necessary.

For managers it streamlines online approval by highlighting policy violations, navigating multi-tier approval trees online, and analyzing spending patterns.

For IT managers we support integration with Google Apps and Salesforce. And so on. Though it feels like a relatively small and tight application, there's something for everything.

Buggy System with Horrible Customer Service

What do you like best?

It's user-friendly and simple to use. Small learning curve

What do you dislike?

no phone support

email support takes minimum 4 days to respond, sometimes 3 weeks to respond, with an average response time of about 7-8 days

Things just break, and there's no easy fix. Examples starting from most recent issues:

1. It continuously loses its connection with our credit cards, requiring manual resyncing every week or so. A nuisance became a big problem when during the authentication process, Expensify sends the activation code to a landline number on our bank account. Nothing worked. Removing that number from our list of numbers in our bank account didn't work either. Still no response from tech support. Expensify currently is useless for us right now.

2. one of our credit cards was hacked, and we had to change to a new card. Expensify was not able to reconcile the change, so we had to import the new card and delete the old card, then reattach over 1000 receipts to expenses.

3. Their smartscan caused all kinds of problems with duplicate receipts. Smartscan...

Recommendations to others considering the product

for personal use. I wouldn't use it for business

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

This program would be good for personal use or for small businesses with very few receipts to keep track of. It's not not a scaleable solution. Unfortunately we have tried others and can't find any decent affordable solutions for our needs.

Tags

* We monitor all Expensify reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Would you like to receive more information about Expensify?