Experts Exchange

Experts Exchange is the tech professional’s trusted, on-demand resource for solving difficult problems, making informed decisions, and delivering excellent solutions.

Work for Experts Exchange?

Learning about Experts Exchange?

Experts Exchange Reviews

Ask Experts Exchange a Question
Experts Exchange review by Joseph L.
Joseph L.

"Love The Community"

What do you like best?

In the IT world, we have a lot of questions and not all the answers. However, I know I can count on the folks at Experts Exchange to answer my questions when needed.

It's amazing the wealth of knowledge and expertise available there. You hop on, ask a question, and people begin answering. It's like a genie in a bottle!

What do you dislike?

While I know websites need to make money, I don't like the way they charge fees for their service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check it out. It's well worth the time you'll spend getting answers!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Experts Exchange
Showing 31 Experts Exchange reviews
Experts Exchange review by Tim E.
Tim E.

"Expert Exchange - IT Supporter"

What do you like best?

I have used the services to find answers to some of my questions but I find for myself that contributing to help others has helped my propel myself within the Information Technology industry. It keeps me on my toes as well confirms that knowledge that I have when I have supplied someone in the right direction or help fix their issue.

What do you dislike?

Since I primarily use the services as a contributor it was great when I only need 3,000 points a month to retain my free membership unfortunately this has changed to 10,000 a month which some months it is hard to get on due to actually work load and family life balance

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommended others to use the service has there is a wealth of knowledge coming from some of the top IT Professionals around the world.

Keep my own knowledge and expertise up to date on systems, it is easy to forget something if you have not touched it in a while.

Experts Exchange review by Partner in Automotive
Partner in Automotive

"Experts Exchange"

What do you like best?

I like that there are many lines of communications. You can call and have assistance immediately OR you can chat online with a service rep and it's that easy. Bing, bang boom, and someone is answering your questions. It is also so nice not having to wait on the phone, listening to boring jazz music for hours and hours.

What do you dislike?

I have had nothing but great experiences with this company. Aside from ONE Day when their service was slow. They are a growing company, so I cannot fault them. Besides that one day, they're usually super quick to answer the phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend them to use the company. Start up costs are not that bad, competitive really. They are easy to talk to, friendly, know what they are doing, and supper fast to respond. Recurring cost annually are very low, and worth the money

What Technology Research solution do you use?

Experts Exchange review by Project Team Member in Internet
Project Team Member in Internet

"Give a little. Get a lot."

What do you like best?

There is a wealth of verifiable, deeply technical advice. It helps to not have to sift through countless responses on more open networks that don't have a community of strongly qualified technical leaders giving their time to solve complex problems.

By answering a few questions a month or writing a technical article, you gain free Premium access, which gives you the ability to ask as many questions as you'd like. So like I said, give a little, and get a lot.

What do you dislike?

As someone who isn't in as technical of a role as the majority of the community, I would find it interesting to see more technical solutions for sales/marketing automation and integrations. It would be helpful for me to troubleshoot when my developer is unavailable or I want to research the viability of more complex integration abilities.

Experts Exchange review by Megan K.
Megan K.

"One stop shop to find answers to all your questions!"

What do you like best?

The variety of resources is great! It allows for you to get advice from a diverse group of experts who are able to help solve all sorts of problems within different domains.

What do you dislike?

Well with any virtual based forum sometimes it's hard to truly work to a solution real time and fully understand what the other user is trying to portray, but that's no fault to this application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great resource and an efficient way to solve problems without having to waste time tracking down the right person.

Experts Exchange review by Jose G.
Jose G.

"Experts-exchange developers"

What do you like best?

Thanks to the points system my questions are answered quickly, I would say that the best thing about this tool is its reward system

What do you dislike?

What I do not like is that the answers are not seen directly but you have to enter the tool to see them, formerly from the search engine they were already visible

Recommendations to others considering the product

With this service it is possible to solve any software development problem

Experts Exchange review by Tiffany H.
Tiffany H.

"Experts Exchange is a must for all things technology assistance!"

What do you like best?

I love the honest opinions that you can get from the professionals at the site, as well as being able to take classes to make technology-related improvements on your own in the future.

What do you dislike?

I really did not dislike anything. I was looking for technology assistance and ended up getting that and more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely a must if you need some technology-related assistance.

Experts Exchange review by Project Team Member in Financial Services
Project Team Member in Financial Services

"Quick and correct IT proven solving"

What do you like best?

All of their staff are linked together for the tougher scenarios which helps with a quicker resolution. And because of the chat option they all see each detail I've provided to make sure that they provide the right answers.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes more seldom it can take time to get to the right person or the right or the right answer. And I just don't have time to wait because time is money.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You must try at least a couple times. You won't regret it.

Experts Exchange review by Travis H.
Travis H.

"Experts Exchange - A Must for IT career users"

What do you like best?

I like that there are users out there that have had the same issue or they are willing to help you with your issues.

Its a portal of knowledge and a powerful tool for people out in the field working the day-to-day issues.

What do you dislike?

I dont like when users point me to other simple google searches, I have come to EE because I have exhausted my search efforts and need the assistance of my peers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This service is well worth the price - its easy to use and is full of resources to help you.

Experts Exchange review by Project Team Member in Financial Services
Project Team Member in Financial Services

"We use Experts exchange for finding help on technology related alerts & reach out to subject experts"

What do you like best?

The best thing about expert exchange is that you will always find some good help and documentation on their site and can gain help from experts without wasting any time on other sites and resolve business problems pertaining to information technology easily.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that sometimes the experts keep on changing quite often causing issues and explaining the entire issue to another expert again. Also sometimes the site seems to go slow if heavy traffic hits their site.

Experts Exchange review by Project Team Member
Project Team Member

"Works as described"

What do you like best?

How simple the program is to use and how efficient it is whenever I have an issue that I need help with.

What do you dislike?

There honestly isn't anything I dislike about Experts Exchange. It has been a great place to find information on all things technology related and I recommend that my colleagues go and take a look at the website and, create a premium account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sign up for a premium membership. You won't regret it!

Experts Exchange review by Cristal M.
Cristal M.

"Awesome database categorical optimal opps"

What do you like best?

The databasing capabilities of multi-tiered categorized work content

What do you dislike?

I feel I don’t have enough content to disseminate to use all of the capabilities of the software platform

Recommendations to others considering the product

Increase business data for increased dissemination content

Experts Exchange review by Project Team Member in Retail
Project Team Member in Retail

"Good site for broad range of troubleshooting issues"

What do you like best?

Site covers a wide range of products making it a good place to begin troubleshooting, outside of the vendors own sites.

What do you dislike?

Searching for answers is pretty complete, but as with many searches, you have to tweak how much or little you include to get to the useful results.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When doing online searches for troubleshooting issues, Experts Exchange is usually one of the top results. This is with good reason as the quality is often good and help resolve issues.

Experts Exchange review by Thomas Z.
Thomas Z.

"Experts Exchange is both a teaching and learning experience"

What do you like best?

The community is outstanding. I learn a lot more than I "teach" when I write articles. When I edit articles I have learned about each topic in turn.

What do you dislike?

The mobile interface leaves a lot to be desired - it is not aimed at the "experts" but rather the users of the service.

Experts Exchange review by Sean F.
Sean F.

"A paid version of StackOverflow"

What do you like best?

Easy to search the question and answer section of their website

What do you dislike?

Unlike StackOverflow, this website requires payment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start with StackOverflow, then consider paying at Experts Exchange.

Experts Exchange review by G2 Crowd User in Aviation & Aerospace
G2 Crowd User in Aviation & Aerospace

"Get solutions to your tech questions, quick "

What do you like best?

The chat option is extremely quick. Really liked that you have the option to reach some real person instantly for specific cases.

What do you dislike?

A lot of other answers are masked so non paying users can’t see the answers. Means you must have some account to access. Similar to other answer site forums though.

Experts Exchange review by Sai Mahesh V.
Sai Mahesh V.

"One stop website for IT folks answers "

What do you like best?

Wide community, answers from the expert community

What do you dislike?

nothing probably the cost of the service

Experts Exchange review by Project Team Member
Project Team Member

"One of the best platforms to exchange, discuss and learn about Technical stuff"

What do you like best?

The platform itself is great, the GUI is great, ease of usage Is great, and it has huge number of professionals under one roof

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I disliked as of now. per my experience, it is great and nothing that I observed which should be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended platform

Experts Exchange review by G2 Crowd User in Health, Wellness and Fitness
G2 Crowd User in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"The everything forum "

What do you like best?

I like the variety of information that is offered by experienced people with products and services.

What do you dislike?

It is kind of hard to decipher reliable information versus unreliable although most of it has proved to be very helpful

Experts Exchange review by Project Team Member in Telecommunications
Project Team Member in Telecommunications

"Good system that made a stupid mistake"

What do you like best?

The fact that there were really great people participating.

What do you dislike?

The restrictions they have for free accounts pretty much made me go to other options

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a great community, however you heed to have a paid subscription to get real value out of it. Plus nowadays there are other options.

Experts Exchange review by G2 Crowd User in Retail
G2 Crowd User in Retail

"Helpful"

What do you like best?

Able to connect with others who are having the same issues as you. Can figure out ways to fix issues together

What do you dislike?

Is a little laggy and can freeze if to many people are on at once

"Great resource!"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to find information and the live chat function is very useful.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that some people give false information just to mess with other people.

Experts Exchange review by Analyst/Journalist in Financial Services
Analyst/Journalist in Financial Services

"Good access to topic experts"

What do you like best?

Regular people who deal with the same software as me needing to find straightforward, actionable answers

What do you dislike?

Hard to navigate the groups to find other people asking about similar topically

Experts Exchange review by G2 Crowd User in Information Technology and Services
G2 Crowd User in Information Technology and Services

"It was easy to review, simplistic. "

What do you like best?

It was very simple to use and detailed a lot of the information I needed.

What do you dislike?

I didn’t have many problems at all and thought it was functional.

G2 Crowd User in Financial Services

"Help others to learn more"

What do you like best?

Available and detailed information about all queries and quick chat help

What do you dislike?

Nothing .. the tool is good only sometime the website is little slow

Experts Exchange review by Project Manager in Aviation & Aerospace
Project Manager in Aviation & Aerospace

"Excellent product!"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and the interface was excellent and very user friendly

What do you dislike?

I have no issues with the interface at all actually

Experts Exchange review by Analyst/Journalist in Aviation & Aerospace
Analyst/Journalist in Aviation & Aerospace

"Great tool for crowdsourcing solutions"

What do you like best?

The ease of use. This is a user-friendly tool.

What do you dislike?

Wishing there was more information available, but that will come with a larger community.

Experts Exchange review by Project Manager in Financial Services
Project Manager in Financial Services

"Great way to connect colleagues nationwide"

What do you like best?

I like how responsive the service is for their customers.

What do you dislike?

It could run a bit smoother, but overall its very user friendly.

Experts Exchange review by Project Team Member in Retail
Project Team Member in Retail

"Wonderful platform"

What do you like best?

I like the platforms ingenuity and ease of user experience and design.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the name as it is not as interesting

"Helpful information "

What do you like best?

The feedback was detailed where it could be understood by the average person

What do you dislike?

There was nothing I dislike about the communication.

Experts Exchange review by Analyst/Journalist
Analyst/Journalist

"Information security consultant"

What do you like best?

All participants are active and I get answers in minutes of my questions.

What do you dislike?

Its quite difficult to search any community.

"Good resource. "

What do you like best?

It’s nice to have a place to go for help

What do you dislike?

Sometimes Navigating can be challenging.

Learning about Experts Exchange?

* We monitor all Experts Exchange reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.