ExpressVPN

(16 reviews)

High speed, ultra secure, and easy to use VPN. Instant setup.

Work for ExpressVPN?

Learning about ExpressVPN?

Compare ExpressVPN to Similar Solutions

ExpressVPN Reviews

Showing 16 ExpressVPN reviews
ExpressVPN review by david g.
david g.

"excellent software to navigate anonymously on the web"

What do you like best?

has several locations in all continents and major countries of the world, it is very easy to use, after installing only the country is chosen and then the location, the software recommends the direction from best to worst depending on the speed.

What do you dislike?

they should have more intelligent locations, since I use it I only have 1, it is the fastest but it would be good if there were at least 1 for each country. Something that I have also noticed is that sometimes the same ip is in several states, they only changed the name, it is something that they should improve because the idea is to have a different address for each location

Recommendations to others considering the product

is an excellent vpn program that allows us to surf safely, anonymously and without blockages on all web pages, ideal if you want to keep your privacy and data safe.

with ExpressVPN I can access different websites that are blocked in my country due to the current policies of our government. It is a little more anonymous my connection and I protect my data from potential marketers who want to do retargeting with my personal searches.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ExpressVPN
ExpressVPN review by Jason O.
Jason O.

"VPN is a must"

What do you like best?

I love the privacy that a VPN Client gives you. There are so many people out there looking to use any data attached to you for illegal activity. I have been the victim of identity theft in the past. It is a violation of everything you stand for. It ruins your ability to get many of the things that in today's society rely on a credit score one that can be impacted by the smallest of things.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that you have to pay for it. We should be protected by our service providers and not exploited. It should also allow for multiple channels, in case you want to use home and work connections separately

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend using a vpn to protect what you do digitally. you never know when someone is looking to stealr your connection.

It protects the information that i work on while in the comfort of my own home. It also helps keep my family safe when using the internet.

What Virtual Private Network (VPN) solution do you use?

ExpressVPN review by Nick H.
Nick H.

"Simple and Easy Security"

What do you like best?

Express VPN has basically one click access. If you want to play around with your settings and pick your own region, that's cool, but you don't have to. It will auto connect to the closest available VPN

What do you dislike?

I dislike that when it disconnects and attempts to reconnect you don't really get a notification. Unless you're looking at the current screen you may not know that your VPN is down, and that could be a huge security issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at the price, evaluate your own personal needs, decided if it's best for you.

Protection from both hackers and piracy tactics that may co-opt any IP addresses in the area. This prevents fraudulent claims from copyright holders.

ExpressVPN review by Debrah R.
Debrah R.

"Great for a Missionary"

What do you like best?

Express VPN creates safety on the internet . It works in China or anywhere else that I have been in the world. It is nice to have that extra safet net when out and about grabbing a bit of lunch with a friend or business associate in town or where ever I go.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes a VPN slows things down, but this is as expected. All VPNs do. It is a small price to have Facebook and see the grandchildren in China and to have safe connections when I need to discuss confidential matters..

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are going to China, this one is great. It allows you to access the business needs and Facebook wants you need and want in China. Also allows you to keep your financial business private.

I am a humanitarian missionary working on in a small Pacific nation known for natural disasters. We often have to transmit confidential information. It is an exciting retirement volunteer job. When I need to send and receive confidential information a VPN is just the ticket. I retired last year where I was a university professor in China and Express VPN has worked best for me there. I have tried others but it appears only Express VPN is steady on the job. One of my young (non-Chinese) friends told me about it.

Note this is the best picture I could get, but I did take a fun picture of me on my iPad working doing my work on the beautiful island I work on.

ExpressVPN review by Luke H.
Luke H.

"Great VPN that works well in China"

What do you like best?

Express VPN works brilliantly in China and enabled me to have access to all the usual tools that I use online. I could still access Google and Facebook. My organisation also uses @workplace as an intranet tool which is blocked in China (presumably because it is operated by Facebook). Using Express VPN enabled me to use workplace as normal. It was also very useful for using Skype to stay in touch with friends and family. There is also an iphone application that you can use with the same subscription although I found some challenges with this (detailed in the next section)

What do you dislike?

I disliked the cost. I usually use TunnelBear VPN which has a free monthly amount and then a relatively cheap subscription for anything over the free amount. Express VPN was a little bit more expensive than Tunnelbear although I switched to it because it works in China. The iphone app seemed to have more problem connecting (and staying connected) and so i used a different VPN app for the iphone. Perhaps that is related to the 4G connection with a national provider rather than the wifi connections I was using on my laptop

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend ExpressVPN to anyone looking for a reliable desktop VPN in China. It enabled me to stay connected to the online services that I use for work

Ensuring continuous access to online services whilst travelling to different countries that have restrictions on web access

ExpressVPN review by Muaz A.
Muaz A.

"it covers everything you want"

What do you like best?

it's super easy to use and install with a variety of countries to choose for your connection. the installation process is very easy and you don't have to set any settings.

What do you dislike?

I think sometimes there is a problem in the updates, while ago I found this message saying new update click to update and when I updated the app it became not responding, then when I double clicked on its icon to launch the app the app didn't work, simply with no response and nothing even on the task manager, then I uninstalled it and reinstalled it again with the older version, however, since then I haven't updated the app.

encrypted connection to the web/ accessing whatever you want

ExpressVPN review by Tim C.
Tim C.

"Easy to use and effective software to protect your identity"

What do you like best?

ExpressVPN is as simple to use as anything on the market. It's large "power" button interface and it's automatic disconnect feature that cuts off your internet connection if the VPN loses connectivity make it simple for people with no networking or VPN experience previously. It effectively protects your IP address and identity at a time when that kind of private information is bought and sold through online companies for advertising and other purposes. It is also useful in viewing content that is regional specific or logging into work networks that require a local IP address as you can select what region you want to be in. It takes the complexity out of a relatively complex approach to online interactions. Even the simple included Speed Test is a nice touch for making sure your VPN is an optimal distance from your actual location.

What do you dislike?

The only drawback is the price. There are other, cheaper options available if you know a little about VPN's already. However, I would add that this is still the most intuitive and practical interface available. So in my opinion it is worth a few extra dollars.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yearly pricing will save you money

When we interact with partners in other parts of the world it helps our connectivity to have an IP address that is coming from a similar region.

ExpressVPN review by Consultant

"Needed In China for a Pinch"

What do you like best?

The App was very easy to deploy on both my Macbook and my iPhone, so it's iOS compatible. It offers suggestions on recommend hosts to access based on your location, and constantly alerts me if the VPN or my connect goes down.

What do you dislike?

I cannot fully confirm this, but I wished the reconnection was faster, or if an issue was found with a specific host, to roll to the next recommended host automatically; the user must manually select a new host to attempt for reconnections.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If needing a VPN abroad, and your company has a strict download policy, confirm with them if they already have a VPN for use, or if VPN is an approved application.

Getting around use of certain Cloud/URL applications while doing business in China. Our company email is actually hosted by Gmail, so that means data storage, calendars, . . . you name it, are all on Googles platform, and almost everything within China for Google is blocked. Without this I would have not be able to do international business.

ExpressVPN review by Prabh A.
Prabh A.

"Super Fast, Secure and No Leaks! "

What do you like best?

I like the network lock feature where once I turn it on, it'll make sure the device can't access the internet insecurely without the VPN

If it disconnects due to any issue it also cuts off the internet until it can connect itself again. No Leaks anymore :)

What do you dislike?

There's a few bugs in the PC app that I've come across.

If it's connected and I put my laptop (Surface Pro 4) to sleep, and then when I turn it back from sleep, it goes into a constant connecting loop and constantly gives me notifications with the sound that it's connecting until I force terminate the app and start again

I can securely access the internet now without worrying about any kind of surveillance or tracking

ExpressVPN review by Paul F.
Paul F.

"Awesome protection"

What do you like best?

I like that the product secures my data. I feel comfortable knowing that I can avoid hacks.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I have found that I don't like is how the product logs out when I close my computer. It does however put a lock on the access when it is logs off. The problem is that it takes longer than I want to log back in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product works great. It is easy to use. The cost is cheap enough for our small non-profit.

Data protection

ExpressVPN review by Aayushi J.
Aayushi J.

"Best VPN among all"

What do you like best?

I like the best and simplified user interface and speed of operating of application.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes says your plan has expired but after login again it works perfectly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want the best vpn among all vpns just got for this. it is less expensive than other and user interface is good.

I have used it for learning and exploring new things related to my interest.

ExpressVPN review by Sam N.
Sam N.

"it's very good"

What do you like best?

the best thing is if you buy the program you can choose from which country you can access. also the internet connection through express vpn is so fast you almost lose no speed.

What do you dislike?

they should work more on the updates, once I updated the program and then it stopped working for no reason which forced me to install old version of the program in order to make it work again.

get access the the forbidden websites where I live such wikipedia.

ExpressVPN review by Szczepan W.
Szczepan W.

"ExpressVPN - Review "

What do you like best?

Express VPN is one of the fastest available VPNs, offering as many as 2000 cheeses, which are located in 94 different countries, has a Kill-switcha. But that's not all because it supports SSTP, L2Tp/IPsec, and PPTP protocols and 256-bit encryption. It is worth adding that 24/7 customer support is available.

What do you dislike?

The only disadvantage is the possibility to use 3 devices under one license.

Recommendations to others considering the product

By buying a package for a year we save money.

Thanks to ExpressVPN I can safely use the Internet anywhere and have access to content blocked by IPS.

ExpressVPN review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"VPN solution that works well and has very few hiccups in practice."

What do you like best?

Good array of select-able servers for routing traffic and negligible hit on data speed. Also, the fact that there is little to no tracking going on, really helps with the privacy aspect.

What do you dislike?

Every once in a while, the software needs to be restarted or in extreme cases reinstalled. Generally don't have these problems though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely suggest checking it out, even compared to some of the competition.

Multiple connections passed through VPN for anonymity using replacement router firmware.

ExpressVPN review by Jayson R.
Jayson R.

"Great tool great price"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, no hassle setup, fast connections

What do you dislike?

The network lock tool is handy but sometimes it has issues reconnecting

Secure connection to an outside server is the benefit, using this to test tools and protect customer information is a must.

ExpressVPN review by Jamie R.
Jamie R.

"Great app for Mac OS, iOS"

What do you like best?

Streamlined UI with the "feeling" that it actually works to protect my data and identity.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if it would work while trying to stream video from Amazon Prime or Netflix.

Security and convenience.

Learning about ExpressVPN?

* We monitor all ExpressVPN reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare ExpressVPN to Similar Solutions