Extensis Suitcase Fusion

Suitcase Fusion is a font management software program with auto-activation plugins for Adobe products and QuarkXpress.

Work for Extensis Suitcase Fusion?

Learning about Extensis Suitcase Fusion?

Extensis Suitcase Fusion Reviews

Showing 13 Extensis Suitcase Fusion reviews
Extensis Suitcase Fusion review by Maria Clara D.
Maria Clara D.

"Works well though conflicts can be interesting"

What do you like best?

The ability to create multiple folders to sort my fonts, as well as the ability to permanently or temporarily turn fonts on and off

What do you dislike?

When there's a conflict it can be incredibly difficult to resolve (depending on the font in question) and if there's a conflict with a system font, you're pretty much SOL. I've also ended up seeing browsers act a little odd with displays when fonts are turned on or off but that may be by virtue of poor CSS calls.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd like to see the text preview function a little more cleanly, sometimes when I go to type preview text (that doesn't accidentally have unicode or any odd characters in it) the entire display will blank out, notably if I'm within a sub folder.

As a web and print designer, the ability to sort all my fonts (and turn them on and off for client work so I don't have the memory hog of several hundred fonts running simultaneously) is fantastic.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Extensis Suitcase Fusion
Extensis Suitcase Fusion review by Cindy M.
Cindy M.

"Suitcase Fusion to avoid Confusion"

What do you like best?

I love that it has automatic plug-ins for my Adobe products. I also like that it's easy to manage my fonts and turn them on and off as I wish instead of having all my fonts loaded into my computer and slowing it down.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the look of the latest version. It has a few glitches with my Adobe InDesign program that I'm still trying to work though. It's not auto-activating all the time. I also dislike that I have to purchase an upgrade every year or two. Typically, the upgrade happens when Adobe does an upgrade. They at least offer a discounted price, but it still is a hassle, but the biggest issue with that is that it just stops working properly. It doesn't really tell you that the new operating system or new Adobe version is no longer supported. So you have to call them to find out why your program no longer works correctly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great program. I used this program for over 5 years while working at printing companies and loved it so much that I bought it for my own personal laptop for my own projects. I've personally owned Suitcase versions 6, 7, and 8. I bought version 6 in 2015 and had to upgrade to version 7 in March 2017 and again had to upgrade to version 8 in October of 2017. The upgrade versions were half the price of the original each time.

This program makes my life easier and my computer faster. I've tried other font management programs while working at a printing company, but this was always my favorite and still is to this day. It's clean and easy to use. It shows samples of the fonts. It's easy to search fonts. There's different views you can see the fonts as alphabet and number samples, or you can type in your own text to see each font displayed. This is useful because there's often a certain set of letters or that I'm trying to search for while locating a font. You can also setup font sets, which is great if you have a particular client that you deal with or your own personal company. If you/they use 12 different fonts in their project, you can create a set and turn the set on whenever you work on their stuff.

What Other Design solution do you use?

Extensis Suitcase Fusion review by Sam B.
Sam B.

"Suitcase performs admirably"

What do you like best?

A single solution for Mac and Windows that can sync fonts across the platforms. Fusion works with applications to turn on fonts in a document when the document is opened, so having hundreds of fonts turned on at all times is not required. I also do not have to track locations for fonts on my machine or spend a lot of time organizing as Fusion archives all fonts in a "Vault". Accidental erasure of a font in a folder does not mean the font is lost forever. Manages all types of fonts including very old fonts and cloud based fonts.

What do you dislike?

In the latest version they changes the font view in Fusion itself, which makes it harder to find and preview fonts. Hopefully they are fixing that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you work cross platform and use Adobe CC products, this will make life a lot easier.

Easy access to my font library in all my applications all the time. It saves me a lot of computer overhead and I can work more quickly.

Extensis Suitcase Fusion review by User

"Suitcase Fusion is great, but has limitations"

What do you like best?

The reason I went with Suitcase was that it would automatically sync google fonts. It also allows you to organize fonts into collections, and search for similar fonts.

What do you dislike?

It's a bit buggy. To activate fonts, I have to close the program that I'm working in, activate the font in Suitcase, then reopen the program. This gets to be annoying at times. One reason that I purchased this software was the integration with Adobe products & auto font activation--however, I wasn't able to get it to work in version 4 or 5.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a large number of fonts and don't want to have them all installed at once, this is a good utility, especially if you get the newest version (I am using version 5). I was never able to get the font auto-activation with Adobe products to work. Hopefully that has improved in newer versions.

It does allow me to view the different fonts on my computer without having them all installed at once.

Extensis Suitcase Fusion review by User

"Best font program but it is not compatible with quarkxpress 2018"

What do you like best?

veloce e funzionante e ha la possibilitĂ  di attribuire alla font la tipologia

fast and working and has the ability to attribute the type to the font

What do you dislike?

when you add the fonts, they are not activated but must be activated later.

They stopped developing for quark from the 2018 version

quando si aggiungono le font non si attivano ma vanno attivate succesivamente.

Hanno smesso di sviluppare per quark dalla versione 2018

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you use quark xpress 2018, buy something else

I've always used suitcase and the software has always worked well. With the choice of not developing more for quark he gave me problems

Ho sempre utilizzato suitcase e il software ha sempre funzionato bene. Con la scelta di non sviluppare piĂą pee quark mi ha dato dei problemi

Extensis Suitcase Fusion review by Jesse S.
Jesse S.

"Fantastic Resource for Designers"

What do you like best?

The fact that Suitcase functions essentially as a plug-in is what makes it such a crucial and easy to use tool. 9/10 times we are using Suitcase Fusion entirely to upload, manage and implement fonts into design projects across platforms.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike with Suitcase. It works as well as any other product for this resource possibly could. However, future iterations should have better syncing and setting memory capabilities.

We are a design agency and projects get formulated, edited and shared in numerous iterations across a multitude of platforms and devices/users. With the constant updating of Adobe Creative Cloud, non-uniformity in users' individual devices and server storage for all files, keeping a constantly correct catalogue of fonts and having those fonts appear properly in files and projects is an absolute necessity.

Extensis Suitcase Fusion review by Cory O.
Cory O.

"If font management had an 'easy' button. "

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use for this product. The closest thing I've found to rival this product is the typekit withe adobe creative cloud.

A HUGE plus is the ability to manage installed fonts with the click of a button, not bogging your programs down with the entire collection.

What do you dislike?

I've had issues with fonts uninstalling/deactivating themselves. This isn't a huge deal breaker, and I'm sure they've fixed it in the most current versions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a definite upgrade on fontbook and perfect for small agencies and flourishing freelancers.

Efficiencies! Time is money, and the most effective work yields the biggest margins when selling creative services. This aids with that.

"Suitcase Fusion"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Suitcase Fusion is how friendly user it is. I like the way you can add Libraries and sets to that. It's lets you know when you have double conflicting fonts added. You can also add TT fonts and Mac fonts to same family.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything in Suitcase Fusion

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would consider using this product than any other Font book. It is so easy to use and works great with Adobe products. You can store all your clients fonts in separate libraries with your customers name on the sets. Works great with all PC and Mac fonts

I can keep all my clients with separate library fonts for each client. I can add sets to different jobs, It makes jobs faster when I need to use just certain fonts that I have saved in each set.

Extensis Suitcase Fusion review by Jordan S.
Jordan S.

"Manages fonts well: But Apple isn't making it easy"

What do you like best?

I use many fonts over the course of the day and I absolutely love the "auto on" feature that locates fonts in the document.

What do you dislike?

At the same time the auto on feature is getting buggier in response to some of the dfonts installed by apple as well as it not being able to process which font is which. I have also noticed a significant lag.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool if your looking to invest in fnt management software.

I am able to manage my fonts without bogging down my system using the default "Fontbook" by Apple. Allows my programs in the adobe sweet to start up much quicker.

Extensis Suitcase Fusion review by User in Design
User in Design

"This software has streamlined my font management"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use. I can quickly see all of the fonts on my computer. I can turn them on and off and resolve any errors or duplicates.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could be in better control of keeping certain fonts permanently on. I'm sure this capability is there, I just don't have the knowledge.

As a design firm, we have many files from many different companies. I need to be able to manage their fonts efficiently while switching between files and companies.

Extensis Suitcase Fusion review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Great organization tool for designers!"

What do you like best?

As a designer, I like to be able to organize my fonts the way I like them...this program allows me to do that!

What do you dislike?

I really can’t say anything bad about Suitcase. Sometimes fonts get corrupt, but i don’t think it’s the fault of the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great program - easy to use!

By keeping your fonts organiaze, by type, or client, etc., it increases productivity.

Extensis Suitcase Fusion review by User

"Great organization for your font collection "

What do you like best?

You can categorize your fonts by system and sub categorize by style. You can also create your own lists. Gives you preview of the fonts

What do you dislike?

You have to find the font you want in a sea of other fonts.

Store all your fonts in one place which is a time saver.

Extensis Suitcase Fusion review by User

"Great for sorting fonts"

What do you like best?

ability to activate fonts when needed and keep computer running fast

What do you dislike?

lack of preview options without opening each group of fonts

Recommendations to others considering the product

delete extra unneeded fonts for a smoother experience

keep my design programs running fast while only using the fonts I need

Learning about Extensis Suitcase Fusion?

* We monitor all Extensis Suitcase Fusion reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.