Exterro

Exterro

Exterro's integrated software applications help you manage e-discovery smarter from identification to preservation to collection, analysis, review and production.

Work for Exterro?

Learning about Exterro?

Compare Exterro to Similar Solutions

Exterro Reviews

Ask Exterro a Question
Showing 34 Exterro reviews
Exterro review by Janine W.
Janine W.

"The Exterro Experience -- Legal Holds"

What do you like best?

I love having everything at my fingertips. I particularly like having the ability to customize templates for our Legal Holds, Notifications when an employee's status has changes, the ability to design standard questions to ask potential custodians. I really love that custodians can ask questions to the legal team and they questions/answers are tracked.

What do you dislike?

I find that when I want to find out how a custodian answered the questionnaire, it is a bit cumbersome to get to.

Currently we are only using the Legal Hold and Employee Monitor modules. This is by far the most comprehensive legal hold software we have used. It is quick, easy, and everything is audited so that our Legal Holds are defensible. We are also implementing the EDDM module and can hardly wait to start reaping the benefits from that module. The Exterro staff is knowledgeable, friendly and eager to help us streamline our electronic discovery system and reduce our litigation costs.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Exterro
Exterro review by Leonid B.
Leonid B.

"Review of Exterro Fusion"

What do you like best?

Application has a number of good features, including easy to navigate user interface, project management module that allows us to merge tasks for both IT and legal teams, as well as Employee change monitor that allows us to monitor changes to employee record, who is on legal hold.

What do you dislike?

Application is slow at times, especially when searching through employee records. We looked into getting EDDM module, but unfortunately it was missing a few critical features for us and it's impossible to unbundle Review module from other pieces, such as collection, which we didn't need. Lastly, we wish we could have access to some back-end features, such as RBAC in version 5.x, which we had in version 4.x. End-user support is getting better, but still needs improvement.

We are able to automate sending and releasing legal hold notifications, as well as streamline our IT notification/request process.

What eDiscovery solution do you use?

Exterro review by Lori R.
Lori R.

"Review of Exterro Legal Hold Platform"

What do you like best?

The people at Exterro are knowledgeable in the eDiscovery space, are easy going, friendly and extremely helpful and resourceful.

What do you dislike?

They have too much turn-over with their employees. Over the years we have had too many project managers and customer reps to count. I like consistency, especially with software support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend the Fusion Legal Hold software. The tools is user friendly, intuitive for learning and have very good tracking/auditing capabilities.

We use the legal hold tool (Fusion) and the Employee Change Monitor (ECM). Fusion has allowed us to automate most of the legal hold responsibilities and task. The ECM tool will assist in tracking transitioning and/or separated employees that are on legal hold. This tool will assist in ensuring that we do not lose data relevant to litigation.

Exterro review by Kevin C.
Kevin C.

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

I am in IT and support this product for our legal team. Exterro has the best support that I have ever had the pleasure of working with.

We are currently moving from on Prem to the cloud and I am looking forward to this transition. If we have any technical issues support is extremely quick to respond to any question or concern any staff members have.

Even if it's a very simple question, the responses are excellent!

What do you dislike?

I honestly haven't had anything that I have disliked. Currently, my only dislike of the product is the speed of the collections in the on prem solution. The support that we have received from Exterro has been great and we have worked through the problem.

We were able to cut our manually process out and this has saved us a lot of time and money.

Working on the IT side, I help the legal department if they encounter any system issues or have additional questions on why certain things are or aren't working.

This product has saved our legal department on the number of hours staff had to manually go through and find, collect the data. It has also saved by not having to send out to external counsel to have this processed at a greater cost to our company.

Exterro review by Kim H.
Kim H.

"I have been a user for years and have seen the evolution of the product to meet customer needs."

What do you like best?

The legal hold and EDDM tools are very powerful and allow for customers to utilize their unique business processes in the tools. Both tools seem to offer more functinality that competitor products.

What do you dislike?

The software is often very buggy, and there are a number of techinical glitches that prevent the product from working as designed. That being said, the Exterro team actively addresses these issues to get them resolved.

We were trying to enhance defensibility of our processes and add efficincies. We have easier tracking using the legal hold tool and are able to collect documents independently without having to use IT resources.

Exterro review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Way more than Legal Hold"

What do you like best?

Modular approach - Exterro offers an end to end solution, but allows clients to purchase it on an a-la-carte basis. If you want less than end to end, you can get it, and modules function well individually. If you want to grow your footprint, new modules are easily integrated.

What do you dislike?

If you significantly customize the software for your organization's needs, version upgrades can be more arduous than perhaps necessary. However, this should be less of an issue as the company focuses on building enough flexibility into the tools that customizations are not required.

E-Discovery management. We were looking for a communication tool for legal holds, but didn't really understand at the time that we really needed a custodian management tool. Our solution manages holds, custodians, and workflows.

Exterro review by Internal Consultant in Insurance
Internal Consultant in Insurance

"Intuitive, Effective, Easy to Use, Yet Very Powerful!"

What do you like best?

Working as a Consultant within the eDiscovery industry, I help clients implement the industry's best of breed eDiscovery solutions such as Exterro. I have spent the last last 9+ years working specifically with client's Corporate Legal departments on implementing Exterro as their chosen on the premises and in-house ediscovery solution. Exterro is a complete, end-to-end, feature rich, effective and powerful, full spectrum EDRM solution and one of the industry's best ediscovery tools on the market. My Corporate Legal users find it easy to use. From legal hold to preservation, collection, data load file ingestion and exportation, processing, review, through production, Exterro is seamless and gets the job done efficiently.

Exterro is one of the most client focused solution providers that I have worked with over the past 20+ years. They really care about their client's success in implementing and using Exterro. They listen to their clients and are extremely receptive to customer requests for product enhancements. They are a very agile company and are quick to respond to client and support related issues.

What do you dislike?

Oddly as this is going to sound, it's hard for me to think of something that I dislike about Exterro!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Exterro. I've worked specifically with Exterro clients in the Corporate Legal department for more 9 years as their internal eDiscovery implementation Project Manager. Speaking from personal experience, Exterro is a great eDiscovery solution from Legal Hold through Data Management. Exterro does not disappoint and gets the job done.

After a lengthy RFI process, my current client chose Exterro as their primary, in-house, on premises, eDiscovery solution. They had embarked on the long and monumental task of implementing a major overhaul and transformation eDiscovery project; moving away from an inefficient, disjointed and manual process by utilizing and deploying industry-blessed and best-of-breed solution (Exterro v5.x). Exterro is the system my client's Corporate Legal department currently uses to identify, locate, preserve, collect, sift through, organize, process information, produce and present in a court of law. It is providing Corporate Legal with a huge ROI as they are less dependent on outside Counsel and have become less reliant on ediscovery service vendors (such as Consilio). Exterro empowers my client's Corporate Legal users love the Exterro EDDM tools which have made them less dependent on IT and enables their attorney's to meet their litigation related requests head on and in a timely manner.

Upon completion of the Exterro Legal Hold and EDDM – eDiscovery Data Management project, my client is now fully compliant with Federal and State imposed Governance, Compliance and Regulatory obligations such as the FRCP – Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and the Discovery Act as set forth in the California Code of Civil Procedure.

Exterro review by Tanya C.
Tanya C.

"Love the way Exterro is a partner to our organization, not just a vendor"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy collaborating with Exterro on various solutions. They listen to our concerns and really work with us on making a solution that suits our needs.

What do you dislike?

Some times it can be difficult in a multi-tenant environment for certain functionality.

Legal hold management was manual before; now it is automated. As an employer of 35,000+ employees, this is critical for compliance.

Exterro review by Denise D.
Denise D.

"GDLS Integration of Exterro with ELM-TyMetrix"

What do you like best?

I was strongly impressed by the team response when issues arose. The integration works which was primary in leveraging existing ELM-TyMetrix database.

What do you dislike?

Timeline that we felt we needed to push. Of significance was the referenced "partnership" with ELM-TyMetrix which was not as seamless as initially believed. Bottom line? A great result for GDLS.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Project Mgr. and experienced team assigned at the onset - knowledge on both sides of the aisle when integrating.

Streamlining processes in the GDLS business unit legal department with other departments. The benefits are uniformity, compatibility of systems, cross-department continuous improvement, and minimizing multiple steps in Hold Orders.

Exterro review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Excellent Platform to Manage Legal Hold LifeCycle"

What do you like best?

Exterro Fusion is the leading platform to manage legal hold lifecyle. Employee Change Monitor (ECM) is one of the key features that led us to select Exterro. It is a highly scalable platform that is integrated with a HR system, and an End Point backup system to comprehensively manage the entire legal hold lifecyle.

What do you dislike?

Can't think of any. Though, would like to see additional improvements to reporting capabilities.

Key Benefits:

Streamlined workflow to manage and recover custodian data

Comprehensive reporting, tracking and auditing capabilities

Over 95% legal hold notification acknowledgement rate by custodians

Almost 100% of custodians tracked in the system

Exterro review by Christopher V.
Christopher V.

"Ease of use"

What do you like best?

We were using ZL before switching to Exterro and explored other options from Microsoft. Exterro is much faster and the onboarding process went smoothly with Akila.

What do you dislike?

Collections are still slow but it's due to throttling from Microsoft. When collections failed, we would have to go to the reports window to find the failure but Exterro has now added a feature to show the failures.

AIP integration. Exterro was able to build us a customized collector that will eventually help other clients that are in similar situations.

Exterro review by Tara J.
Tara J.

"Exterro Fusion ROCKS!"

What do you like best?

I like that Exterro allows you to customize your legal hold process into one that works best for your company. Our company had quite a few requirements and Exterro matched all of them without any issues.

What do you dislike?

There could be a few more customizable options when it comes to putting people on a hold, yet not requiring them to receive a legal hold notice. Though, I think Exterro is working on these types of customizations. Also, it should be noted that the version of the software that I use is quite old (4.10, and they are currently on 4.15, and will be releasing 5.0 in a not-so-distant future).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Exterro Fusion is THE answer to any legal hold solution questions simply based off of its customization opportunities. The ability that Fusion gives the user to tie in projects and trackable instances of each section of the legal hold process is something that can't be challenged. Having complete control of the custodian list and incorporating that with the HR data with nightly integrations adds a great deal of automation to the function that used to be completely manual. Also, the support offered by Exterro if/when there are any issues at all with the software is nice. Even though our time differences are pretty steep, there's always time for Exterro to answer my questions. The other piece of the company that is incredible is that I always deal with the same Project Manager, so I know she understands our needs and requirements each time we chat.

We solved for manual tracking of the company-wide legal hold process.

Exterro review by Consultant

"Exterro eDiscovery"

What do you like best?

The Exterro Legal Hold and EDDM modules are some of the easiest eDiscovery tools to use and very intuitiveness. This solution is so much better then Relativity and just as powerful! I highly recommend this solution.

What do you dislike?

Hard to say...can't think of anything negative at this moment. The solution just keeps getting better and better!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Exterro is a powerful yet easy to use full spectrum EDRM and legal Hold solution. I highly recommend to this solution.

Exterro has a great Legal Hold capabilities and also has a rich set of ECA- Early Case Assessment Review, Analysis and Production tool sets.

Exterro review by Administrator

"Recommendation for Exterro Legal Hold Tool"

What do you like best?

I like the User Interface and functionality. The ability to maintain all legal hold related communication in one location.

What do you dislike?

I hoped for better reporting capabilities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

request that their support for the product be detailed.

We are solving risk issues related to preservation of data. The benefits of the tool, is that we can easily look up a custodian and what legal holds they are on.

Exterro review by Daniel P.
Daniel P.

"Exterro is a great product for E-Discovery"

What do you like best?

Exterro has a very intuitive interface and workflow.

What do you dislike?

I haven't had a bad experience with Exterro so far.

Rapid E-Discovery

Exterro review by User

"Exterro Fusion brings e-discovery in-house"

What do you like best?

The ability to perform all e-discovery tasks in-house

What do you dislike?

Over-collection of emails due to images in the signature block.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to have a cross-functional team that includes attorneys and paralegals as well as your IT department when vetting Exterro or similar products.

The ability to assess cases earlier in their life-span, ease of use for custodians on hold orders.

Exterro review by Administrator in Oil & Energy
Administrator in Oil & Energy

"Implementation of Exterro"

What do you like best?

Exterro's Project Management and Support Team has been amazing and kept the project on track.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far. Support has been quick to help us with any issues which arose. Our project manager has been incredibly helpful and ready to share insights.

Creating efficiency for the legal team. Creating a defensible process.

"Exterro Legal Hold"

What do you like best?

Exterro's legal hold program is very user friendly and intuitive for our primary users. Litigation holds used to take considerable time to compose, issue, track and lift. Now, it is a seamless process that takes minutes.

What do you dislike?

That we did not buy the product sooner.

We now have a solid defensible process for issuing and tracking litigation holds.

"Powerful tool"

What do you like best?

It's a powerful tool that you can do extensive searches with.

What do you dislike?

It is not always consistent when preforming searches and labeling

Pulling emails for our attorneys. Its a faster why to preform the searches instead of manually going through the users emails.

Exterro review by Allison R.
Allison R.

"Changed our LH World for the better"

What do you like best?

The reporting module has made my Legal Hold support role so much easier. We utilize scheduled reporting not only for disseminating information, but for data input into downstream applications.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything that I dislike yet!

Employee change notifications and reporting.

Exterro review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Best e-discovery software on the market"

What do you like best?

Extremely user-friendly, comprehensive system, always enhancing the products.

What do you dislike?

There is absolutely nothing I dislike about it!

Recommendations to others considering the product

We recommend starting small and adding modules as you go. Also recommend using SaaS.

Defensible legal hold process; saving money with data management vs previous vendors

Exterro review by Derek B.
Derek B.

"Fantastic support and great service "

What do you like best?

The support for this program has been amazing. We have had a few issues with the implementation that have been resolved quickly and professionally

What do you dislike?

Nothing at this time, our experience has been fantastic

Reduction in time required and streamlining of processes

Exterro review by Administrator

"Extremely pleased with Exterro application and support team"

What do you like best?

The interface is extremely user friendly, the support is knowledgeable and professional and the tool offers all of the features and functionality that I need to manage my e-discovery program.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything that I dislike yet.

It gives me everything that I need to manage my ediscovery program including legal hold, collections, early data assessment, review and it integrates well with my email archive, HR system, IT ticketing system and mail systems.

Exterro review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Review of Exterro Legal Hold Manager"

What do you like best?

The Exterro team understands our needs and responds quickly to our requests. The application is intuitive and flexible, while also providing robust features. Their SaaS cloud hosting relieves us of having to have internally hosted infrastructure.

What do you dislike?

System speed / performance is sometimes slow, particularly when running reports or large queries. Quality assurance for releases and patches could be improved, to ensure complex use-case scenarios are fully tested.

Identifying custodians, communicating legal holds, and tracking acknowledgements.

"Exterro Legal Hold"

What do you like best?

Easy use platform that coordinates all facets of tools available. Has incorporated privacy component for non-US custodians. Speedy response from tech support when assistance required.

What do you dislike?

Could use more global applications, but happy with what we have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try at least part of their platform and you will be able to use all other pieces of it.

Legal hold consistency and reliability. Love the reminder system and tracking reports.

Exterro review by Administrator in Computer Software

"inFusion 18 attendee"

What do you like best?

Discussions on legal topics regarding how best to document and record processes

What do you dislike?

I cannot think of an aspect that I disliked. This is a great conference!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very robust tool, but not as simplistic as other options; lit. profile will dictate

The biggest benefit that we are seeing is time saved, a documented and repeatable process, and robust reporting and eca features.

Exterro review by Administrator

"Exterro: Legal hold management"

What do you like best?

The reporting feature is great - love that you can customize a report and receive them automatically on a set schedule. ECMs is a valuable feature as well.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to have a search feature to find particular legal holds given certain keywords.

We need more automation as far as custodians receiving required action notifications. ECMs have helped with this.

Exterro review by Administrator

"Great overview and clarity on performing tasks in Exterro tool"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. I've never used tool before but was easy to navigate and understand how to use the tool

What do you dislike?

I've heard rumors that using API's isn't easy and the use of flat files (CSV) is preferred. Not sure if this is true yet.

Issuing holds and tracking collections and custodians

Exterro review by Administrator in Insurance
Administrator in Insurance

"Not used much but can count on it when needed"

What do you like best?

Intuitive interface, ease of administration, flexibility, cloud and on prem solutions

What do you dislike?

Working through all the requirements to gain full encryption.

Performing ECA and collecting info for outside counsel. Substantial reduction in time and expense using this product. Far more reliable and easier to produce.

Exterro review by Administrator

"Informtative and Easy Learning Environment"

What do you like best?

Very nice environment to learn in and the help the presenter has is great.

What do you dislike?

It was not clear on the literature which classes were deemed Certification classes.

Managing our emails and deduping them.

"Mostly good"

What do you like best?

I like the new compliance portal. I am hoping it will track interview responses.

What do you dislike?

sometimes get conflicting answers to questions about what can be done.

Management of large amount of custodians and data.

Exterro review by Administrator

"Excellent legal hold tool"

What do you like best?

In place preservation with druva and office 365

What do you dislike?

Some ui features are not very intuitive.

Automated notifications and legal hold tracking across multiple internal systems

"Paralegal - LH, EDDM"

What do you like best?

Legal hold functionality is very intuitive

What do you dislike?

We are having difficulty with SourceOne connector

Difficulty with SourceOne connector. Currently working with vendor

"Exterro Review"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, platform set up, awesome staff

What do you dislike?

No keyboard shortcuts, review module needs work

Legal hold and collection issues

Learn more about Exterro

Learning about Exterro?

* We monitor all Exterro reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Exterro to Similar Solutions