Exterro

Exterro

Exterro's integrated software applications help you manage e-discovery smarter from identification to preservation to collection, analysis, review and production.

Work for Exterro?

Learning about Exterro?

Exterro Reviews

Ask Exterro a Question
Showing 13 Exterro reviews
Exterro review by <span>Janine W.</span>
Janine W.

The Exterro Experience -- Legal Holds

What do you like best?

I love having everything at my fingertips. I particularly like having the ability to customize templates for our Legal Holds, Notifications when an employee's status has changes, the ability to design standard questions to ask potential custodians. I really love that custodians can ask questions to the legal team and they questions/answers are tracked.

What do you dislike?

I find that when I want to find out how a custodian answered the questionnaire, it is a bit cumbersome to get to.

Currently we are only using the Legal Hold and Employee Monitor modules. This is by far the most comprehensive legal hold software we have used. It is quick, easy, and everything is audited so that our Legal Holds are defensible. We are also implementing the EDDM module and can hardly wait to start reaping the benefits from that module. The Exterro staff is knowledgeable, friendly and eager to help us streamline our electronic discovery system and reduce our litigation costs.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Exterro
Exterro review by <span>Leonid B.</span>
Leonid B.

Review of Exterro Fusion

What do you like best?

Application has a number of good features, including easy to navigate user interface, project management module that allows us to merge tasks for both IT and legal teams, as well as Employee change monitor that allows us to monitor changes to employee record, who is on legal hold.

What do you dislike?

Application is slow at times, especially when searching through employee records. We looked into getting EDDM module, but unfortunately it was missing a few critical features for us and it's impossible to unbundle Review module from other pieces, such as collection, which we didn't need. Lastly, we wish we could have access to some back-end features, such as RBAC in version 5.x, which we had in version 4.x. End-user support is getting better, but still needs improvement.

We are able to automate sending and releasing legal hold notifications, as well as streamline our IT notification/request process.

What eDiscovery solution do you use?

Exterro review by <span>Kim H.</span>
Kim H.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

I have been a user for years and have seen the evolution of the product to meet customer needs.

What do you like best?

The legal hold and EDDM tools are very powerful and allow for customers to utilize their unique business processes in the tools. Both tools seem to offer more functinality that competitor products.

What do you dislike?

The software is often very buggy, and there are a number of techinical glitches that prevent the product from working as designed. That being said, the Exterro team actively addresses these issues to get them resolved.

We were trying to enhance defensibility of our processes and add efficincies. We have easier tracking using the legal hold tool and are able to collect documents independently without having to use IT resources.

Exterro review by <span>Lori R.</span>
Lori R.

Review of Exterro Legal Hold Platform

What do you like best?

The people at Exterro are knowledgeable in the eDiscovery space, are easy going, friendly and extremely helpful and resourceful.

What do you dislike?

They have too much turn-over with their employees. Over the years we have had too many project managers and customer reps to count. I like consistency, especially with software support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend the Fusion Legal Hold software. The tools is user friendly, intuitive for learning and have very good tracking/auditing capabilities.

We use the legal hold tool (Fusion) and the Employee Change Monitor (ECM). Fusion has allowed us to automate most of the legal hold responsibilities and task. The ECM tool will assist in tracking transitioning and/or separated employees that are on legal hold. This tool will assist in ensuring that we do not lose data relevant to litigation.

Exterro review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

Way more than Legal Hold

What do you like best?

Modular approach - Exterro offers an end to end solution, but allows clients to purchase it on an a-la-carte basis. If you want less than end to end, you can get it, and modules function well individually. If you want to grow your footprint, new modules are easily integrated.

What do you dislike?

If you significantly customize the software for your organization's needs, version upgrades can be more arduous than perhaps necessary. However, this should be less of an issue as the company focuses on building enough flexibility into the tools that customizations are not required.

E-Discovery management. We were looking for a communication tool for legal holds, but didn't really understand at the time that we really needed a custodian management tool. Our solution manages holds, custodians, and workflows.

Exterro review by Internal Consultant in Insurance
Internal Consultant in Insurance
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Intuitive, Effective, Easy to Use, Yet Very Powerful!

What do you like best?

Working as a Consultant within the eDiscovery industry, I help clients implement the industry's best of breed eDiscovery solutions such as Exterro. I have spent the last last 9+ years working specifically with client's Corporate Legal departments on implementing Exterro as their chosen on the premises and in-house ediscovery solution. Exterro is a complete, end-to-end, feature rich, effective and powerful, full spectrum EDRM solution and one of the industry's best ediscovery tools on the market. My Corporate Legal users find it easy to use. From legal hold to preservation, collection, data load file ingestion and exportation, processing, review, through production, Exterro is seamless and gets the job done efficiently.

Exterro is one of the most client focused solution providers that I have worked with over the past 20+ years. They really care about their client's success in implementing and using Exterro. They listen to their clients and are extremely receptive to customer requests for product enhancements. They are a very agile company and are quick to respond to client and support related issues.

What do you dislike?

Oddly as this is going to sound, it's hard for me to think of something that I dislike about Exterro!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Exterro. I've worked specifically with Exterro clients in the Corporate Legal department for more 9 years as their internal eDiscovery implementation Project Manager. Speaking from personal experience, Exterro is a great eDiscovery solution from Legal Hold through Data Management. Exterro does not disappoint and gets the job done.

After a lengthy RFI process, my current client chose Exterro as their primary, in-house, on premises, eDiscovery solution. They had embarked on the long and monumental task of implementing a major overhaul and transformation eDiscovery project; moving away from an inefficient, disjointed and manual process by utilizing and deploying industry-blessed and best-of-breed solution (Exterro v5.x). Exterro is the system my client's Corporate Legal department currently uses to identify, locate, preserve, collect, sift through, organize, process information, produce and present in a court of law. It is providing Corporate Legal with a huge ROI as they are less dependent on outside Counsel and have become less reliant on ediscovery service vendors (such as Consilio). Exterro empowers my client's Corporate Legal users love the Exterro EDDM tools which have made them less dependent on IT and enables their attorney's to meet their litigation related requests head on and in a timely manner.

Upon completion of the Exterro Legal Hold and EDDM – eDiscovery Data Management project, my client is now fully compliant with Federal and State imposed Governance, Compliance and Regulatory obligations such as the FRCP – Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and the Discovery Act as set forth in the California Code of Civil Procedure.

Learn more about Exterro

Learning about Exterro?

* We monitor all Exterro reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.