What do you like best?
- Eyequant is extremely easy to use.
- The approach of leveraging algorithms to read a live page or image, is incredibly valuable; instead of having to wait for tracking code, I can instantly turn around results
- This means I can quickly compare multiple companies in a competitive set which is often impossible.
- I have extensive experience with web analytics, a/b testing, and the quality of the reports from eyequant are clearly good.
- The Clarity Score and Regions of Interest reports are brilliant, very useful, and unique as far as I can tell
What do you dislike?
- There are 5-6 report types, and 2-3 of them are perhaps too similar to each other
- It can be hard to communicate the depth of quality in the algorithms
Recommendations to others considering the product
Don't consider this a replacement for web analytics or user testing, and if you already employ an enterprise heatmapping tool, then perhaps you don't need to switch. But, if you are looking for a tool, and especially if you are an agency or in some way you need to work with many different accounts and quickly turn around insights, this will be wonderful.
What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
- Comparing UX designs with rigorous scores for qualitative problems like 'how much attention does search get vs. navigation', 'why might this page be converting less than it should', and doing so across multiple companies.