F-Secure

Going beyond malware protection, F-Secure provides end-point protection and security management solutions. Developed in Europe for businesses around the globe.

Work for F-Secure?

Learning about F-Secure?

F-Secure Reviews

Showing 30 F-Secure reviews
F-Secure review by Cristyn S.
Cristyn S.

"Extremely effective antivirus for the computers in your home."

What do you like best?

F-Secure is an antivirus with excellent features, many of which make up the reason why I like it, and this is because it is a very versatile software that can be used to provide protection to the equipment of our home or business equipment. . We just need to install it. What is a download that does not take much time, in addition to not occupying much space in our machine, works in the background, so it does not cause any discomfort if you are using the computer, unlike other programs, its configuration is very simple and depends on each user if you want to make some changes to what is already established or change the time to go to bed, filtering content and more, its interface is very comfortable because everything is visible only a few clicks and you can see your tools, family rules the antivirus section to observe if a virus, a malicious file or a harmful website was detected, so that in this way a solution can be found by eliminating the file or, immediately, this great antivirus will block everything that is harmful is why I consider it to be very efficient for the business level as well as the home, since it acts very fast when detecting any malware or virus.

What do you dislike?

So far I have not found anything that bothers me about this antivirus because in simple words it is super efficient from its role as an antivirus as well as its support team since they are very attentive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A very powerful and reliable antivirus that is necessary for all types of home and business is why I recommend it because it will give protection to your personal life as your business, has ease of use and affordable costs.

Since its installation on my computer (laptop and mobile devices) it has worked very well since while browsing the internet or downloading or sending files it keeps me protected from any malware or virus, as well as allowing me to create family rules in which I order that Pages must be blocked or restricted for my children I give them security too and all for a very fair cost for everything they offer because family protection is very important so it is worth your investment.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about F-Secure
F-Secure review by Rohith K.
Rohith K.

"Effective antivirus for a virus free environment"

What do you like best?

Online scanner is the one which I like the most because it warms me of the suspicious sites and secures me from virus. I use it for my dual OS both Windows and Kali Linux which works great every second. I also like the interface which is very simple and clean.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is that it founds to be as malware (which is not actually) sometimes by Windows Defender.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend F Secure to everyone because I can ensure you that your data is safely protected from the day you install it.

I use F Secure for both personal use and business use. It helps in recognizing fake websites and safeguards my data. I can proudly say that I did not lose any data from the day I installed F Secure. I also use F Secure's VPN service.

What Threat Intelligence solution do you use?

F-Secure review by Catherine A.
Catherine A.

" F-Secure total protection for commercial or personal equipment."

What do you like best?

F-Secure is an impressive security software, I like it because it provides business or home protection, as it has a very powerful shielding, protecting each team of malicious scripts, malwares, trojans, rootkit viruses, worms, dangerous programs and fake applications. in real time, its payment rates are very accessible and the best thing is that it contains a very easy to use interface and it is lightweight and does not need so much cpu to function at maximum.

What do you dislike?

As any F-Secure software is not totally perfect, since in its menu some very small features or adjustments are needed, but with time they will improve so that as long as it works it should be what I will continue using it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

F-Secure is an ideal software for the protection of any computer, no matter if it is for Windows or Mac OS, works in real time and does not occupy more space in them and the best thing is that it is updated automatically for such reasons I recommend it.

Having F-Secure protects my computer from files, viruses and malicious sites so I can access without any fear to any page on the web, as well as access to my bank accounts knowing that I will not steal any data from them because I gives the advantage of working in real time and very quickly, also gives me the option to unlock something that I do not consider dangerous for my computers and if I want I can integrate it with other protection programs such as firewalls.

F-Secure review by Gabriella A.
Gabriella A.

"Super effective antivirus for daily life and business life"

What do you like best?

F-Secure I really like it because it is a software that can be managed and used very easily, it works in the background so it does not interrupt any action, and the best thing is that beyond being able to manage our team on a single platform It offers protection against these malicious programs, viruses that we can attract when navigation causes great damage, we can also make configurations where rules are established that indicate the time in which the analysis can be done to all the equipment and all for a very low price. everything it offers.

What do you dislike?

When running in the background, no activity that you want or are doing on the computer is interrupted, but it is not recommended for low-end computers, because it may work a little slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With F-Secure it is not necessary to wait hours for the analysis of your equipment since this is extremely fast and in just a few minutes will give you in great detail the results of your team.

With F-Secure, our business group can work comfortably thanks to this excellent software allows us to maintain the large number of computers protected with a single platform and establish configurations in which all the equipment can be analyzed. Management much easier. In addition, it is very easy to use and very effective, so it issues alerts for any detected threat.

F-Secure review by Reyes P.
Reyes P.

"Great software to feel secure"

What do you like best?

It is a very light and very powerful software with a database of viruses, malwares, etc. Always updated is very effective when detecting threats, since there are antivirus that detect files that are not real threats and can be quite annoying, f secure has a great precision, what I like most is that with a basic license I can have Several computers protected for a good price.

What do you dislike?

The vpn service, slows down the connection a bit so for endpoint protections I prefer to use other software, sometimes it does not store the passwords automatically then i have to configure it manually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great antivirus offers a trial version so you can use it to decide if it is what you are looking for or not. There is also a free scan on the website so you can check your device without having to download the software. Configure the antivirus according to your needs as well as web protection, so you can manage comfortably and see all the content you really want to see.

I feel protected with this antivirus, besides that it does not required many resources of the computer does not slow down the start time of the computer, it is also excellent for storing passwords safely, and organized, besides this also alerts me of websites not safes, and avoid offers or deceptive websites.

F-Secure review by Guadalupe Fernanda G.
Guadalupe Fernanda G.

"F-Secure Protect your team! "

What do you like best?

F-Secure a great antivirus that provides personal and corporate protection, I like it a lot because it is very simple but very versatile, it keeps my devices protected against any threat from the network because while we navigate we do it without any concern because Secure works in real time blocking everything that can affect us, to use it only requires a very minimal download so it will not use much space, also it is not necessary to make any complex configuration.

What do you dislike?

F-Secure is really the best antivirus so I have nothing against it is simple and provides security to my life.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is not necessary to modify the configurations that F-Secure brings because it is already prepared to provide the maximum protection to the equipment, just install it and activate it.

With this great antivirus I can surf or download very relaxed because I will not lose or affect my computer thanks to the real-time protection provided by F-Secure.

F-Secure review by Samantha C.
Samantha C.

"F-secure trend in security for your computer"

What do you like best?

I love this antivirus because it is a software that provides great protection and is of excellent quality, it can be used on any device, since it is generally very light, it also has a very simple interface that provides comfort to the user, it also offers protection when browsing by networks warning if there is any irregularity in said page or in any downloaded file. It should be noted that its price is very affordable for everything it offers, so it can be used by large or small companies and, for personal use, honestly, it is one of the best antivirus I have used.

What do you dislike?

I can not find anything that I do not like about the software because it is very complete and easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have verified in advance that it is very useful and powerful, becoming highly effective, so that its use will provide commercial and personal tranquility at a very low cost, and also gives the option to acquire users for free to verify their effectiveness.

This software is really spectacular it has allowed me to avoid being infected when I surf the internet in an endless number of occasions reporting the level of dangerousness of these sites, thus keeping my browser safe from any threat.

F-Secure review by Jessica Nicole T.
Jessica Nicole T.

"F-Secure gives security to your life!"

What do you like best?

F-Secure I like it because it is a great antivirus that offers great advantages to its users from the protection to the computer and mobile phones of the home, such as the protection of the bank account, also every time you are browsing F-Secure gives you protection before any virus that wants to enter the computers by some download or web page, its interface is very comfortable, it gives you notifications about the analysis of your equipment if everything is in order or if a suspicious document has been found for cleaning.

What do you dislike?

This great software works very well so I have nothing to say against it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software is very complete and as well as it provides personal protection it can also be extremely efficient and with a great performance for the business protection, because if you want you can configure a schedule of analysis and more so you can customize the security of your equipment .

F-Secure is ideal for the protection of my equipment always keeps me abreast of the threats that may arise my equipment so I should not worry about my internet browsing and the use of my bank account with wifi since I will always be protected.

F-Secure review by Ismael G.
Ismael G.

"Uno de los mejores antivirus que he probado"

What do you like best?

Este es un antivirus muy sencillo de utilizar, y con un nivel de protección suficiente para el usuario medio.

En la pantalla principal de la aplicación aparece un breve resumen del estado de cada uno de los principales componentes de F-Secure: protección antivirus, protección de navegación y funciones de seguridad actualizadas. En está pantalla también está un botón para iniciar un análisis de virus y la opción Configuración.

En la página web podemos encontrar la sección de Reglas Familiares en la que puedes establecer los límites de tiempo, las horas de dormir o el filtrado de contenido adecuado. Esto se hace desde la web, y no desde la aplicación, porque estas reglas regirán para todos los dispositivos vinculados a nuestra cuenta.

Dispone también de una sección de herramientas, donde encontrarás opciones para ejecutar análisis más detallados o específicos, ver archivos en cuarentena, especificar archivos (como documentos confidenciales) que nunca deben analizarse, un registro del historial.

Además cuenta con protección bancaria, que se activa de forma predeterminada cuando entramos en la web de nuestro banco, de forma que evita que otros programas puedan interferir en dicha sesión.

What do you dislike?

Los ordenadores un poco antiguos y de gama baja, puede que vean penalizado su rendimiento, ya que este antivirus consume bastantes recursos. (En los ordenadores actuales no se notará que está funcionando en segundo plano).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Es uno de los antivirus más rápidos a la hora de completar un análisis de tu ordenador. Este es otro factor que puede decantar la balanza a favor de este antivirus.

Ofertan soluciones especificas para las empresas, que mejorarán el nivel de seguridad de las mismas, manteniendo los ordenadores a salvo de cualquier amenaza.

F-Secure review by Luis J.
Luis J.

"Un antivirus de los mejores"

What do you like best?

Aunque haya otros antivirus más populares, a mí me encanta este. Es muy simple, pero es que no hay que complicarse la vida (ni complicársela a los usuarios) para ofrecer un software de calidad y muy eficaz.

Permite ser usado hasta en 5 dispositivos a la vez, y ofrece un alto nivel de protección, para mí de los mejores, y tras haber probado varios he decidido quedarme con este: es eficaz y no ralentiza mi ordenador.

What do you dislike?

Hecho de menos que ofrezcan descuentos sustanciales para licencias a largo plazo (de 3 años por ejemplo), pero aún así es un antivirus bastante económico.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recomiendo a los potenciales usuarios, si no se fían de mi criterio, que busquen en internet comparativas de antivirus, y que comprueben ellos mismos las valoraciones de F-Secure en esos test independientes.

Me ha permitido evitar ser infectado en varias ocasiones al navegar por internet, bloqueándome el acceso a la página en cuestión y reportando su peligrosidad.

F-Secure review by Alaha A.
Alaha A.

"Powerful and effective antivirus"

What do you like best?

It is a powerful antivirus, which protects all my devices from any possible threat. Work in real time, for which I have protection seven days a week at twenty-four hours a day. Its work process provides great automation capacity, I do not have trouble using it, everything is simple and fast, thanks to it is activated immediately turn on my computer, this covers each space for more prevention, which makes me feel more secure and confident . In general terms I like its simple interface, simple tools and innovative design.

What do you dislike?

F-Secure is exactly what I needed, it's a really efficient antivirus that keeps me safe from any threat. I have no complaints and disagreement regarding its use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend F-Secure as the best antivirus you can find, it is reliable, fast and efficient. Test it.

For my daily life and for my work, F-Secure has become very necessary. All my devices remain free of threats, it is fast and with its automation process allows me to find quick solutions. Analyze any new file that enters my computer and even when I browse the web, all in real time. Its system is optimal and keeps me alert for possible threats, providing a pleasant reliability.

F-Secure review by keismary m.
keismary m.

"F-Secure of the best antivirus to keep you protected at all times"

What do you like best?

F-secure is undoubtedly one of the best antivirus that has proven since it offers an impressive security when navigating since it works in real time blocking everything that could be a possible threat to our computers and how it works in second. Flat does not cause any type of inconvenience or inconvenience when using the computer. It has a very simple and quite effective interface that provides a great comfort for the user since once installed it starts to work, and organize the operating system each time the equipment is turned on without having to make any adjustments. also it is possible to emphasize that its price is very accessible, sincerely it is one of the best antivirus software that has used.

What do you dislike?

I can not find something that I do not like about this antivirus because it is really fantastic and I love it

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it with closed eyes to other users since being such a complete and effective software, without a doubt its implementation in everyday life either at home or at work, will allow them to be protected from any threat to their computers in all times for a very low and accessible cost.

With the implementation of F-Secure in all my computers for both personal and business use, it has been possible for me to navigate, access any web page and download any type of files without fear as it keeps completely safe from any threat at all my devices, since it informs the level of dangerousness of them and if I consider that a certain page does not represent a threat to my story with the option of unlocking them. It is easy to use and very effective, sincerely of the best antivirus that I have used.

F-Secure review by User in Information Technology and Services

" Protection at all levels"

What do you like best?

It is a light application, which does not consume many resources of the device is multiplatform, with many useful features, which provide security at various levels, both when surfing the Internet, and when connecting or downloading data to smartphone.

What do you dislike?

It is a very efficient application but with a complicated interface to use in low resolution devices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a software to protect different devices that is light it is an excellent option, it can be used in a personal or business way, it is excellent for companies that seek protection for a good price.

With f-secure licenses I can keep several devices protected for an economical price, it is very efficient when analyzing files in real time, and constantly sends a report on the state of the system, in case of infection acts quickly with an alert

F-Secure review by Manuel G.
Manuel G.

"e-F-icaz"

What do you like best?

Esta empresa finlandesa (supongo que de ahí la F de su nombre) ofrece un antivirus liviano, muy fácil de usar y tremendamente efectivo la hora de detectar, y eliminar si fuese necesario, virus y otros malware.

Ofrece protección en tiempo real durante la navegación por internet, bloqueando aquellas páginas sospechosas de albergar software malicioso, de forma que su prioridad es evitar la infección del equipo, pudiendo también eliminar virus que ya se hayan instalado en el equipo.

Dispone de la más moderna tecnología “endpoint protection”, que gracias al análisis heurístico y a sus algoritmos avanzados consiguen mantener todos sus dispositivos seguros y protegidos. También prestan especial atención al correo electrónico, con protección antispam y antimalware para evitar la pérdida de datos.

Aunque se pueden modificar algunos parámetros (no demasiados), F-Secure apuesta por la simplicidad, de forma que puedes descargarte la aplicación, y empezar a usarla (y a disfrutar de la máxima protección) sin necesidad de efectuar ningún ajuste: una vez instalada, ya comienza a funcionar, y arrancará con el sistema operativo cada vez que enciendas el ordenador.

La configuración que trae por defecto es la óptima, para conseguir la máxima seguridad sin penalizar el rendimiento de los equipos, por lo que si no se es un experto, es mejor no efectuar modificaciones.

What do you dislike?

En su afán por simplificar, que puede ser positivo en muchos casos, deja poco margen al cliente para personalizar el nivel de protección que desea.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mi recomendación tiene que ser comprar este software, ya que ofrece una protección de máximo nivel y por un precio muy competitivo.

Ofrece una gama de productos pensada para la empresa (Business), que presta especial a elementos que no suelen ser frecuente en los hogares, como las redes de equipos, y con un soporte especializado.

F-Secure review by Ruben A.
Ruben A.

"Basic Characteristics of F-Secure"

What do you like best?

F-Secure provides the most advanced and affordable protections against viruses, spyware and infected email intrusions so you can enjoy the Web without worrying about security issues.

The interface of F-Secure is maintained with respect to previous years, based on predefined tasks and the possibility of adding or editing new analysis works, this allows a centralized distribution and management, especially useful for corporate networks.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I notice against, is that this antivirus is suitable for computers that have at least 512 RAM, The options for connection, search and protection are very limited and limited, forcing to have to support many unwanted secondary executions of the Program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Of course, it is one of the most recommended antivirus, because it is the most virus that detects and eliminates with rapids, very reliable, great protection guaranteed, great ease of use, real-time protection against viruses, eliminates everything easily, is easy to install and easy to update the virus base for better protection, it is very efficient, excellent and very timely.

It constantly monitors the heart of the computer, updating itself daily to keep up with all the new viruses and malignant programs that appear continuously.

F-Secure review by Dylan S.
Dylan S.

"F-Secure best security for business"

What do you like best?

We never have and issue with our computers not being secure, and the price point is there too. We are a small office with 5 computers but this works great with our IT network, and provides exactly what we need.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it states that it did not update on its own and we realize it could provide a lapse in coverage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check into F-secure and find out how much it provides for the type of security your business needs. This has been the best product for us for a long time.

We don't have to worry about losing important information or being hacked.

F-Secure review by Swapnil S.
Swapnil S.

"F secure antivrus not so positive experience"

What do you like best?

I like the simple user interface. It is very clean and easy to understand. It has a good and vibrant color scheme which is pleasing to the eyes and also incorporates various features for protection. I also like the fact that it has a mobile version.

What do you dislike?

The product is seems like a malware, especially by other anti virus software like Windows defender. There are multiple flaws in its scanning techniques which it makes it really inefficient to find vulnerabilities. From a network security standpoint it is far away from a cloud based solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Switch to a f secure if you need stand alone protection, for cloud based services stay away

I was using F secure on older phones to scan for security threats. Since its a relatively lighter application it seems more useful for older systems and less powerful computers.

F-Secure review by Jessica J.
Jessica J.

"F-Secure Review"

What do you like best?

What I like best about F-Secure is that they offer very hi-tech products that are really reliable and high quality.

What do you dislike?

In the past they had a type of third party spying program that I found a little bit baffling. I felt like this would increase security risks and open the door to hackers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say that it is definitely worth a shot to try it out at least once. It has superior antivirus system that will keep you safe from hackers, malware and cyber attacks.

It has kept my tech products successfully secure from malware and cyber attacks.

F-Secure review by Rodney K.
Rodney K.

"18 years Virus Free"

What do you like best?

F-Secure / F-Prot protects you from computer virus's day and night. Keeps upto date seamlessly behind the scenes.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't play well with Autodesk products.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will need to turn it off if you are installing Autodesk products but once installed they play together well.

We keep our computers running virus free. F-Secure has kept all the virus' at bay.

F-Secure review by ravi r.
ravi r.

"One of the performing internet security suite "

What do you like best?

It protects the development system and finds threats perfectly. It has good support for windows as well as mac OS. The online scanner is a good tool.

What do you dislike?

It has not evolved much. Most usb connected devices are not scanned by it. It has high pricing and also don't support url scanning and blocking.

We used it for protecting some of our systems from malware, however we could have got out of it more if it had addressed some of the concerns.

F-Secure review by Kevin M.
Kevin M.

"End user and administrator"

What do you like best?

The anti-virus engine was great, we did independent tests and this product always came out on top. They also have an offline scanner that you can boot the CD too to help scan for malware outside of windows. The management dashboard, we are an MSP, was helpful and gave good stats. I do not know what the management portal looks like for non MSP clients. The firewall was at times too aggressive by default and caused some issues.

What do you dislike?

On older machines it really was a resource hog. As mentioned above, firewall was at times hard to manage for a diverse set of computers. When I used the product there was no ESXi plug in for vShield to scan virtual machines. The server anti-virus was clunky to manage - it had to be done through a web browser, often times we did not not an extra web server running on a server.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I still think this product is one of the best at catching viruses early on. Despite some management issues this is still a solid product which a good track record.

Anti-virus and computer protection

F-Secure review by Fred F.
Fred F.

"F-Secure - resource hog"

What do you like best?

The management console was very easy to learn and manage corporate devices.

What do you dislike?

At first install the program seemed to work pretty well. But after a few engine updates every time a scan would start the computer would start to crawl. No matter what we did to the scans, adjust the time adjust the resource attributes, we just could not get it to run and finish in a timely manner. Then there was always the complaint that the users computer was too slow to even use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

check out their current products and do the evaluation. Be sure your environment is capable of handling the load placed on the systems during the scan process. Not just the 'high-end' machines, but all of them in the corporation.

We were trying to eliminate viruses on the network. The anti-virus aspects of the product were very affective at keeping active infections out of the network.

F-Secure review by Hitesh G.
Hitesh G.

"Handy and must have tool"

What do you like best?

It's the amazing antivirus. It's were secure. Blocks all kinds of virus.

What do you dislike?

The looks and feel of the application was not upto the mark.

The application's offline security helps keeping the pc secure.

F-Secure review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"experience with f-secure"

What do you like best?

Easy to deploy and use. Straight forward solution without complicated setup.

What do you dislike?

Limited functions and features if compare to most of the similar solutions in the market.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it if you want a simple solution.

Anti malware

F-Secure review by User in Consumer Electronics
User in Consumer Electronics

"Good Product!"

What do you like best?

I have used F-Secure Anti-Virus for PC is beneficial in quite a few ways. It protects my PCs from viruses, spyware and other sorts of malware, including ransomware threats. In addition, it updates itself automatically, so you’re always protected against the most recently discovered threats.

What do you dislike?

Some times it makes my PC slow. Also doesn’t scan USB-connected drives or devices

I used for my personal use

F-Secure review by Administrator

"Solution appears to work as we have not had any serious breaches or vulnerabilities detected"

What do you like best?

Seems to be lightweight and mostly non intrusive

What do you dislike?

On occasions it has been overly active, removing legitimate applications due to false threat analysis

Keeping our data safe, and shipped software virus and malware free

F-Secure review by User in Computer Software

"F-secure Freedome - convenient one-click VPN solution"

What do you like best?

Simplicity - I don't have to setup anything, just one click and I have running VPN service.

What do you dislike?

Absence of trial accounts or free limits (e.g. TunnelBear provides 500mb/month for free).

One-button VPN that just works.

F-Secure review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"FSecure"

What do you like best?

It protects from software malware.It is a good antivirus software for Windows.

What do you dislike?

Safe browsing features should be enabled

to protect againt malware.

F-Secure review by User

"good but not the best"

What do you like best?

realtime test and definition update and the notification

What do you dislike?

the memory consumption and the loading time of os

nothing

F-Secure review by User in Information Technology and Services

"I have found F- Secure very useful."

What do you like best?

Awesome experience while working with F-secure.

What do you dislike?

It should be more user interactive with examples.

BI.

Learning about F-Secure?

* We monitor all F-Secure reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.