Fabric

Since the birth of mobile apps, we've witnessed an explosion of mobile development tools. Today, many of these tools still require countless hours on the developer's part to implement: creating different accounts, configuring the SDKs, among others. With Fabric, you'll never have to worry about tedious configurations or juggling different accounts.

Work for Fabric?

Learning about Fabric?

Fabric Reviews

Showing 25 Fabric reviews
Fabric review by Simon L.
Simon L.

"Great tool for freelance mobile projects"

What do you like best?

Ease to use, and it's 100% made-for-mobile. The SDK is really intuitive to start adding logs, breadcrumbs, search terms, purchased made and even identify users.

The real-time dashboard is really cool, its zero configuration from our end.

Helps to track users retention, growth, version upgrades, features popularity and even revenue stats.

In the long run, you may find some helpful insights for future features developements.

What do you dislike?

The dashboard and widgets are not customizable, can't add filters nor date range.

Fabric is joining Google. Not sure how it's going to end, just hoping it won't end dead within the next few years.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's the best free mobile analytics software you can find on the market. It also has Crashlytics for crash reporting.

I use it for all my freelance projects. After a while of monitoring users behaviors, I contact my contractor for insights, enhancements, or even features developments. It helps me a lot for projects continuity.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Fabric
Fabric review by Administrator

"Fabric, statistics and crashes for your application"

What do you like best?

Fabric allow us monitorize all the application. For me, the best part is Crashlytics and define KPI into the application

What do you dislike?

The Beta Tool for distribute the applications to your users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We use Fabric to control and see the quality of our software, the adoption % of our users and how these users interact with our product. It's easy to integrate into our ios or android projects.

With Fabric we have a control of crashes, we received an email with a Fatal Crash with information very useful. We can see de adoption percent of a new release, the crashes by release, corrections, users using the application in real time and define KPIs which allow us see how the user is working with the application.

What Mobile Development Platforms solution do you use?

Fabric review by Joshua D.
Joshua D.

"Great Crash Reporting and Great Insights"

What do you like best?

Obviously, one of the main reasons we use Fabric is that it offers a free crash reporting system. And for a free crash reporting platform, it offers more than most other competitors. The UI is intuitive and setup in your Android project is simple.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much I dislike about Crashlytics and Fabric. It has what we need at our company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for inexpensive crash reporting for your mobile app, this is the tool for you.

We mostly use Fabric for its crash reporting capability. It is fast and simple to integrate into my Android projects at work. From what I've heard from coworkers, it is similarly easy to integrate into iOS.

Fabric review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Fabric - Lots of tools for mobile development"

What do you like best?

Stylish UI

Very good crash reports

Free

Good dashboards with lots of information on current app status

Allows you to distribute builds to beta testers

What do you dislike?

Can be hard to search for something more granular, for example, you can't do any complex queries on analytics or crash events, or search for specific dates.

The mac app that they recommend you install to integrate with xcode can be very annoying and keep opening by itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very good if you don't need to do a lot of custom "things", if what they provide you by default is all you need then this is definitely a good option.

Crash reporting

Analytics

Beta Build Distribution

Fabric review by Laurent R.
Laurent R.

"Fabric is Awesome!!!!"

What do you like best?

Fabric is really an awesome tool for development and also when the app is launched. I have used Fabric both on iOS and Android applications. What's the best part about Fabric? It's 100% free!! I love their "Beta" feature, where we can share beta builds of applications with testers without having to pay for a service like hockeyApp or use Apple's TestFlight. They also own Crashlytics, which is great not only for development and keeping track of bugs, but also for when the app is live. It allows the developers to stay on top of bugs and get notified before users complain about them.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything about Fabric. The installation is easy, it's free, and it's supported by a big company (Twitter) so we know it should be around for a while.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use Fabric. Crashlytics is a must in mobile app development, and distributing beta builds through it is very easy!

We are using it mostly for Chrashlytics and Beta. We are told about bugs in the app during development and when the app is live, and we can distribute beta builds to our testers directly from the app!

Fabric review by Fayimora F.
Fayimora F.

"So far, it is a great product"

What do you like best?

I am a new user so my opinions are still limited. Regardless, the ability to scope errors by users and devices is amazing!

What do you dislike?

The mobile app doesn't seem to work. It will be really nice if it does as I can monitor on mobile and most importantly get alerts. Email alerts are nice but having an app that i can use to dive into the bug will be more convenient

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am still evaluating Fabric but so far, it feels like a great tool to have and I will certainly advise anyone thinking about it to give it a shot and perhaps write up their experiences so we can all learn and help to improve it.

We are into delivery logistics and when one of our delivery drivers has the app crash on him ,we can see this and get a fix out a early as possible as they are a vital part of the business.

Fabric review by Eduardo N.
Eduardo N.

"Great issue tracker"

What do you like best?

Very good response times on crash reporting (faster developer tasks are a;lways welcome), sleek interface, great documentation, Android and iOS support, a good amount of other useful features like Analytics.

What do you dislike?

I never liked the AS plugin to be honest, other than that I have no complaints. The plugin proposed a installation process outside of what was usually a standard add this line to Gradle task and a few bits of code here and there, confusing some of the users (myself included because sometimes it glitched out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use both the analytics and crash reporting features, hardly need to look elsewhere.

Bug tracking! Solved a lot of bugs reported by our users.

Fabric review by Dimitar C.
Dimitar C.

"Great crash reporting and analytics solution"

What do you like best?

Fast and reliable crash reporting. Great integration with iOS. The support is very good and helpful. Easy to track bugs and crashes. Easy to organise testers and versions. Their integrated analytics product is also very good.

What do you dislike?

It does not support Web (yet). Sometimes we need to see individual crashes (i.e. when 10 ppl experienced the same crash, you can see only one crash report). It's not possible to send beta version to the same tester again (if they accidentally deleted it or something) so you have to build again or use another email. Their analytics product can use some more features like tracking duration of events.

Fabric crash reporting and beta management helps us to very quickly distribute our apps to the testers both internally and client-side and quickly find and fix bugs they encounter. It works faster and more reliably than Apple's mechanism and it also supports Android so it's easy to manage everything from a single tool.

Fabric review by Jo A.
Jo A.

"Fabric is a really solid product that has created solutions for many mobile needs."

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the integration and the installment process are very thought out. This allows the developer to not worry about the product they are adding to their apps. The web interfaces are also very well designed and easy to understand and use.

What do you dislike?

They recently created a mobile app. My dislike was that they didn't have one, but now they do. The app can notify you when different events happen with your app (crashes, analytics, etc).

Recommendations to others considering the product

At least try it out in a trial run, you will quickly learn its usefulness. And you will most likely convert from your current product.

I have used their analytics, ads, beta, and crashlytics. Every single one of those products have reduced code generation, simplified the bug fixing process, helped me understand my users with more depth.

Fabric review by Darian R.
Darian R.

"A robust suite for live analytics and analysis"

What do you like best?

It's easy to get started, easy to implement the sdks and the feedback is immediate. The information you glean from the analytics, Answers and the ability to tie into other third party tools is really valuable. Probably the best mobile framework for Analytics and real time data that you can find in my opinion.

Easily lets you know that your app is working, how many users are regularly using it and even if you aren't a wiz kid developer using all of the bells and whistles, you can easily manage to keep tabs on your users, devices and issues with minimal effort.

What do you dislike?

This is the worst website I have to use in my day to day work. I dislike the "cuteness" of the settings area, I dislike that the entire thing feels like a javascript based web app, because it is, and I dislike how it feels like they stuffed so much into so little screen space.

Each page and each pages sub areas seem to function completely different from one to the next. Sometimes you have to click boxes and sometimes you are toggling sliders and sometimes it auto saves when other times you have to click save.

It's confusing and sloppy and just awfully mashed up "web 2.0" fanciness for no real benefit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Facebook SDK

Real Time analytics, real time crash reporting and social media advertising on Twitter with promoted ad campaigns with third party vendors.

Fabric review by Farshad S.
Farshad S.

"Best In Market"

What do you like best?

Handy tools for mobile application developers which has ease of use, multiple Frameworks in one package and it's easy to update as base features.

Another good aspect of Fabric is the whole system is modular, so if you need just Crashlytics it will add just that specific framework to your project.

What do you dislike?

Has some difference between Android and iOS, for a cross platform developer like me who works on both ends, It's a little bit hard to have a feature just in one platform!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fastlane is another good part of this package which everyone can start using on iOS

Handling crash and bugs by Crashlytics framework and Controling app analytics by Fabric

Fabric review by Alexander E.
Alexander E.

"The best choice for builds distribution"

What do you like best?

I like the speed. It's very easy to integrate Fabric to XCode project using Cocoapods in just few minutes. I also love that I can send build to my customer in just one click.

What do you dislike?

I had problems with integration when I used iOS simulator instead of real device. The problem was that I din't have the real device on that moment. hope this bug is gone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this platform for other developers as the best platform I ever use for builds distribution.

I use this platform because I found it very fast for distribution builds. I realized that I spend much less time for routine work such as access managment.

Fabric review by User in Music
User in Music

"Improve the quality of your app with Fabric"

What do you like best?

* Realtime number of users currently using your app.

* A quick glance into the dashboard gives you relevant information on your app growth and crashes.

* The support is friendly, quick and effective even though it is a free product.

What do you dislike?

* Until just a few days, the feature that I wanted most was a mobile dashboard or mobile app, but it's finally available.

* There is no possibility to segment the metrics by platform, OS version, app version, or region. This makes for a great overview of the metrics, but useless for any meaningful research.

* I don't necessarily want another app running on my computer but you are (kind of) forced to run their Fabric app while working on Xcode.

* Lack of historical data.

* The SKD seems to 'call home' very often, so your app might consume more battery because of it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't miss it out. A free tool that will help you improve the quality of your software from the first release.

* I'm aware of critical quality issues on my software without the need of users filing bugs.

* Every morning gives me a general overview of the growth and health of my apps.

Fabric review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"I use Crashlytics and Beta in almost all of my apps"

What do you like best?

I primarily use Fabric for Crash reporting and Beta distribution. I may use the Stripe, Answers and Branch on my current project. I would LOVE to see Fabric take the open source Parse and make it one of their offerings. Parse was the gold standard for BAAS. I've switched to Firebase since Parse was closed. In my opinion, Parse was significantly better than Firebase.

What do you dislike?

I find the UI hard to manage at times. I would like to add testers without creating an initial build, this way I can get UDID numbers first.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is great and very easy to add to your app.

Easily track bugs and send builds. Excited to try new features.

Fabric review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Powerfull remote crash logging"

What do you like best?

We use it mainly for it's crash logging and for that is very useful. You can see in realtime when a crash happens for the first time, and get all the information for the device properties on which occurred (OS version, resolution, app version, etc).

What do you dislike?

The ability to delete/prevent a known bug to reappear on the list. It can be useful to hide those bugs from the list.

Sometimes it also logs crashes not directly linked to the app it self, but related to the OS. And in those cases, most of the time the stack is not very clear and doesn't provide any added value.

We can plan the next bugs to be fixed, by seeing what's the bug that's affecting the most user base.

Fabric review by Prabin T.
Prabin T.

"Good for reporting mobile"

What do you like best?

Built for mobile. Lots of usage statistics. Beta distribution. Crash reporting. Easy setup.

What do you dislike?

Too much information. Needs time to get used to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its acquired by google. So expect even more features.

Assist in developing mobile app. KPI measurement. App usage and crash stats.

Fabric review by Jurgis K.
Jurgis K.

"Good for keeping pulse on your app"

What do you like best?

Great crash logging and basic current stats on how your mobile app is doing. Easy to integrate with and keep up-to-date.

What do you dislike?

Mac companion app is too annoying, shouldn't launch itself on every build (or at least have a preference for disabling this behavior). Stats collection is a bit too aggressive using network connection and impacting app energy profile.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it.

Provides great crash reporting with option to supply tour own extra information for diagnostics.

Gives good overview on daily and monthly basic stats.

Fabric review by Sung Min K.
Sung Min K.

"Fabric for all your crashlytics needs!"

What do you like best?

Fabric is a great tool in general, from UI to UX to detailed crash reports, I use this daily to track how my users are interacting with my app from daily users, to new users, to time spend in my apps, but most importantly crash reports

What do you dislike?

Nothing! I absolutely love everything about Fabric

Recommendations to others considering the product

Needs Crashlytics or Analytics? Look here!

Crash reporting for iOS and Android apps

Fabric review by Deepak S.
Deepak S.

"Best tool for app distribution developed by Twitter."

What do you like best?

Fabric mac app is amazing to detect latest archive to distribute ipa, add new user, add new app without covering whole desktop.

What do you dislike?

Mac app confusing UI for multiple app selection.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best tool for mobile app development.

App distribution to beta testers which makes apps available for QA which in turn helps develop stable app.

Fabric review by Martino B.
Martino B.

"The best"

What do you like best?

This tool is flexible, you can chose from a tons of integrations to improve your product. I think this tool can satisfy every developer.

What do you dislike?

Sometime crash but the update release exit fast. Is difficult the integration for non expert developer.

User engagement, crash reposting for the most.

Fabric review by Joshua G.
Joshua G.

"Excellent insight for your apps"

What do you like best?

Crashlytics is absolutely critical in finding and solving bugs and crashes in our iOS products

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I get lost in the complexity of the site, it has so many features now

The most important use case is monitoring user crashes. We also look at usage trends and engagement.

Fabric review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Easily perform tasks on several remote machines"

What do you like best?

This software library makes its easy to execute python code on a list of remote machines. It connects via ssh and has a handy run() command that allows you to run bash commands.

What do you dislike?

There doesn’t seem to be an easy way to skip a host if you don’t know the login password.

We use it to update a list of blacklisted ip addresses on our public servers and to manage passwords on our linux servers.

Fabric review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Great tool for creating and tracking release versions "

What do you like best?

Fabric is able to spot bugs that occur in created releases as they are being used.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything about Fabric. It's a great release organizing and crash logging tool maybe integrations to other tools could be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fabric is a great tool to use. It has basic functionality users are looking for in order to ensure quality versions of a project are being created.

Version planing as well as bug/crash reporting.

Fabric review by User in Higher Education

"Great Full service framework "

What do you like best?

Fabric is more fully integrated than any other competitor, and its relationship with Twitter and other larger companies can further improve the functionality of the software.

What do you dislike?

In its attempt to be fully integrated, its components combined together sometimes do not run as seamless as it could or should.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Explore all available options.

Ability to make a mobile impact and break through all the nonsense that exists in the app sphere.

Fabric review by Adriano M.
Adriano M.

"Easy integration"

What do you like best?

Crash reporting support and twitter login

What do you dislike?

Dcumentaion could be improved, twitter login support for example

One solution to control all apps for all mobile platforms

Learning about Fabric?

* We monitor all Fabric reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.