Facetime

Facetime makes it possible to conduct one-on-one video and VoIP calls between newer Apple iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Mac notebooks and desktops.

Work for Facetime?

Learning about Facetime?

Facetime Reviews

Showing 67 Facetime reviews
Facetime review by <span>Adam M.</span>
Adam M.

"A Simple, Secure Audio/Video Chat Service"

What do you like best?

Aside from the reliable, high-quality audio and video chatting, the fact that FaceTime communications are protected by Apple's no-backdoor encryption makes me feel safer using this service than its competitors.

What do you dislike?

I wish it had support for multi-user audio/videoconferencing. Currently, only 2 users can chat at a time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

FaceTime provides an excellent audio- and video-calling solution for all of your Apple devices, from your Mac all the way to your Apple Watch. Fully-encrypted and secure, these high-quality calls can be made from the build-in apps on any Apple device with an internet connection. The only drawback is the lack of multi-user conferencing. Hopefully they add it soon.

Basic audio and video communications from desktop or mobile.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Facetime
Facetime review by User in Program Development
User in Program Development

"Facetime review."

What do you like best?

I love FaceTime and being able to talk to my girlfriend when she is not around, or I am traveling in and out of the state for work. I also love it because I can stay in touch with friends and family that use Apple devices. It is a user friendly app that gives me the chance to connect with family and friends from far away without having to spend money on a plane ticket. It brings you closer when you might not have the option to travel. I also like it because for those other agencies or people i work with across the country who use apple products like Mac computers or iPads we are able to do video conferencing through FaceTime.

What do you dislike?

What I don't like is the fact that FaceTime is just for an Apple product. Sometimes the video can be poor depending on location cell service or internet connection.

Recommendations to others considering the product

From a our agency point of view we are trying to push on getting Apple Devices to be able to use facetime with clients with disabilities who might have challenges getting to our office. By using FaceTime you can slowly bring someone out from being closed off slowly getting to work with them. I would recommend this for agencies that work with people with disabilities as you can slowly make contact and bring consumers in.

At work I am able to communicate with other youth transition coordinators across the country that i work with and see at trainings. Using FaceTime We are able to cut out the middle man of purchasing a big video conferencing program and able to use our apple devices.

What Video Conferencing (Personal) solution do you use?

Facetime review by <span>Gary F.</span>
Gary F.

"Facetime--A Review"

What do you like best?

Facetime is very simple to use, easy to navigate, and works relatively well in terms of visual clarity and audio.

What do you dislike?

Software is limited in the users it can connect, particular if the person you are trying to contact does not own/use an Apple product. Software could be more universal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Prior to using Facetime to conduct screenings, meetings, etc, make sure all attendees are using Apple products to reduce the chance of interference and/or other problems.

We often use Facetime to conduct face-to-face screenings---this allows for more accuracy in communicating with candidates and better sense of their emotions.

Facetime review by <span>Alyse F.</span>
Alyse F.

"Best Video-Chatting app I've Used"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of being able to video-chat with anyone who has FaceTime whenever, wherever. I like having the option to use FaceTime Audio as opposed to actually calling someone as well. I like being able to change the video orientation from portrait to landscape.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how easy it is to butt-dial someone over FaceTime. Perhaps it's where I store the app, but since an incoming FaceTime call feels a little more distracting and intrusive, I'd like the option to select a contact and then verify that *yes* I do actually intend to call them. I dislike not being able to FaceTime with more than one person at once. It would also be great to be able to leave video voicemails when someone misses your call.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's better than any other system I've used. Super convenient and easy to use. Great for conducting business meetings with individual clients.

Not being able to be in two places at once. There have been times I've *met* with clients via FaceTime instead of having to travel across the city or country. Sometimes a face-to-face meeting is so much better and more helpful than voice-to-voice over the phone. So FaceTime wins in that regard!

Facetime review by <span>Andy P.</span>
Andy P.

"Brilliant ... If everyone you talk to is using Apple Devices"

What do you like best?

It just works.

The video quality is superior to Skype, the resilience of the call seems to be better as well when used in lower bandwidth (i.e. 3G) connections.

The integration with iOS/OS X is also excellent and enables the application to be quickly and easily started and used on any (Apple!) platform

What do you dislike?

It's Apple only. The ability to make calls to external numbers (using Call Credit) doesn't seem to work (in the UK at least - I suspect it works fine in the US).

There is no ability to integrate with corporate address lists, only with Apple's own Contacts application which leaves managing of contact details up to end-users which can sometimes lead to frustrations especially when adding in a new member to an existing team who isn't necessarily familiar with iOS.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As it's Apple specific if you have non-Apple devices then FaceTime isn't really an option on it's own. However as part of an overall strategy for communications it can be an effective piece of the puzzle but it really never will be anything more than a piece of the puzzle as it doesn't offer the flexibility of Skype (which works on any platform and can even be hosted on-premises).

Video conferencing 1:1 it works very well, a lot of our mobile workers have Apple devices and so it is a good option for video communication with them.

When combined with iMessage you get a very rich communication experience across Apple devices and when further combined with notifications in Notification centre makes it a very intuitive experience for people to get involved and respond to messages.

Facetime review by <span>Gabriel F.</span>
Gabriel F.

"The best way to make video calls between apple devices"

What do you like best?

FaceTime's ease to video call other users that also own apple devices is amazing. It is part of the default applications of any apple products, including the iPhone, iPad, Macbook and iMac and it is a easy to use, minimalistic application. Plus, it is very fast and efficient, its battery and memory usage are minimal.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that it is only possible to call users that own an apple device since it is a apple exclusive application but I understand their decision.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Facetime is really easy to use and there aren't a lot of features due to its minimalistic design.

When trying to contact colleagues, I often resorted to popular applications such as Skype. The problem was that it consumed my memory and battery and had a significant impact on my computer's performance. With FaceTime, I am able to video call without worrying with any impact whatsoever on my device's performance, and I can easily multitask.

Facetime review by <span>Martin R.</span>
Martin R.

"falling short ... at least as a business tool"

What do you like best?

The promise of a tool like FaceTime, for those of us who work virtually from home offices or geographically isolated locations, is that you can quickly "drop in to the office" of a colleague -- almost as if they were just down the hall. Apple's old tool, iChat, did just that. My colleagues and I kept iChat on all day and would regularly "pop into" each other's office to have a quick chat about a particular issue we were working on. The promise of FaceTime should be the same, right? And even be enhanced by the fact that it is cross-platform -- I can "pop into" a colleague's office from my iPad in a coffee shop just as easily as I can from my desktop computer in my home office. However ...

What do you dislike?

Facetime has become increasingly clunky, no doubt because of Apple's desire to integrate it across multiple devices (Macs, iPads and iPhones). But the result has been a product that just doesn't work as well. The video size is more limited now. I really hate the way, when a new OS version comes out, FaceTime assumes I should receive all calls on all my devices. Every time I upgrade my OS X or iOS device, I suddenly find every device in my office ringing when I get a call on my iPhone. Screen sharing used to be much more convenient than it is now.

Most concerning, connections are often difficult to achieve, or it simply doesn't work at all. We've all but given up on using FaceTime and find ourselves relying more on Skype these days.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test it out and make sure it works for you. A colleague in Michigan and I (I'm in Kentucky) rarely can make the connection work even though we both have good bandwidth. FaceTime seems to be headed more toward a "grandma and the kids" type of tool than a serious virtual office connectivity tool.

For people who work virtually (from home offices, in remote offices, or who are on the road or just catching a change of scene at the local coffee shop), a virtual conferencing tool that just hangs around in the background is a real plus. It should be easy -- if I need to reach someone, it shouldn't be any more complex than dialing a phone, and the same should be true for them reaching out to me. Unfortunately, FaceTime has increasingly NOT solved that problem. In its former iteration as iChat, it worked beautifully. Now ... not so much.

Facetime review by <span>Kevin T.</span>
Kevin T.

"Very limited capabilities"

What do you like best?

The UI is clean and simple to use. Like many apple products it doesn't claim much more than look beautiful. It does look nice, and is easy to use. It's easy for me to call my grandmother or one of my parents and not have to explain to them how to set up a different video chat application.

What do you dislike?

I think the fact that you can't do group video calls or audio calls on wifi is outrageous. I'm sure this feature will be added in the future and people will be ecstatic, just like they were when cut, copy and paste was released on iOS.

I wish that the syncing between devices was better. Often only one of my devices will ring (when both on the same wireless network), or both will ring and one will continue to ring well after the call has been answered.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's built in, and easy to use. I don't think there's anything necessarily wrong with this product, but there are far superior applications on the market.

Without any knowledge of how to use similar software, one can easily pick up an iOS device and use FaceTime. Whether it's audio or video calling, they make the process streamlined and easy.

Facetime review by User

"One Step Closer to The Jetsons"

What do you like best?

I have networked over my years of study and practice and have met people in different countries and parts of the world. When I am working on certain projects, I like to reach out to colleagues, past-professors, and those who have helped me along the way to share with them and also get their insights. International calls or text messages are expensive often times for both parties. Audio calls are great but seeing the person live just makes it that much more special. Facetime allows me to stay connected with important people and somehow it feels as if they practically live next door to me.

What do you dislike?

Somehow I am lucky enough that everyone I talk with has Apple devices so Facetime is amazing and remains the best option. I have some friends who their friends have Android phones or Windows computers so they use other services like Skype or Vibr, maybe others too. I think it would be cool if Facetime were available on all operating systems but I suppose that is part of Apple's exclusivity for that application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Unless the person you are talking with does not have an Apple device, I don't see why you would use anything else. Facetime also seems smoother and higher audio/video quality than Skype and those other services.

Communication! In a galaxy far, far away... we can connect and be talking in just seconds. Facetime is another amazing technology that I think we quickly under-appreciate because it is a household name and feature now. I am able to speak to practically anyone in the world and not only hear their voice, but see them as well. This helps keep colleague relationships close and even client interactions when necessary.

Facetime review by <span>Matt C.</span>
Matt C.

"Staying Connected with Family in Another State"

What do you like best?

It's amazing how I can easily connect with my family who lives 1,000 miles away. If I can't make it home for the holidays, I can still call and connect with them and not miss the total experience.

It's also nice to switch up from a normal phone call and see my friends face-to-face during a regular call. It makes the experience of getting in contact with someone way more enjoyable and makes the whole experience more personal.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, I wish there was a three-way call function that you could use with FaceTime. I also would enjoy some fun effects like SnapChat has, whether it's writing on the screen or adding funny hats to a person while they are talking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Add special effects and three-way calls to the service.

I'm able to be in certain places without actually having to be there. Also it's nice to get more than I bargain for. Deals have a better possibility to get done when face-to-face with a client.

Facetime review by <span>Brittany E.</span>
Brittany E.

"FaceTime is the best video chat application available."

What do you like best?

FaceTime always delivers high quality video chat in a simple, elegant package. The app is easy to use and is generally able to maintain a secure connection. The option to use the app over wifi for calls from a device without a data plan such as an iPad or Macbook gives the user a ton of flexibility.

What do you dislike?

Something to keep in mind with this app is if you are using it on your iPhone, it's important to try and use a Wifi connection. Video chatting over your phone's data connection can be less reliable and costly.

FaceTime allows me to connect with colleagues from around the world in a real life way. The app's ease of use and reliability means a meeting can take place thousands of miles away and I can still be a part of it.

Facetime review by <span>Richard B.</span>
Richard B.

"Being there without being there"

What do you like best?

Facetime is a great way of being able to call a loved one, friend, family member, etc. and being able to see their face in real time. Call quality is great, the picture if seeing your loved one is truly as if they are actually there. With facetime you can use front faced or back faced camera. That is a very cool feature. Instead of calling other individuals, facetime has replaced the traditional phone call for Iphone users

What do you dislike?

One dislike of facetime is that it is not available for android devices. When I had an android device there was not really any equivalent to the high standard of facetime.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have an iphone or mac, using this app is a no brainer.

Facetime has helped bring true human emotion to the traditional phone call. With facetime you can see the face of the individual you are calling and put a picture to the words. Body language is a very important part of communication and that is a key indirect feature to facetime.

Facetime review by <span>Bobby N.</span>
Bobby N.

"A Virtual Face-to-Face Conversation Anywhere"

What do you like best?

I am such a people person. Texting is great at times, but there is nothing better than having amazing face-to-face conversations with people, and this allows that to happen even if you're across the globe from someone. Not to mention that having it on your phone makes it fast and easy!

What do you dislike?

I wish it didn't use so much data. Sometimes when my wifi is really spotty or if I'm somewhere that doesn't provide wifi, having a limited data plan makes me hesitant to use FaceTime.

This is a huge benefit for interviews for people who can't meet face to face. A phone interview is still effective, but FaceTime just steps that effectiveness up to a whole new level. If you also have a question for a co-worker, you can both visually and verbally talk through the problem.

Facetime review by User in Fine Art
User in Fine Art

"The beast video call "

What do you like best?

I like the fact that you can call the person that you desire very easily, and the image has a termed good quality image. Also when'd you are busy or you just can't take the call, just tap the button to say that you are busy and that's that.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that when'd you push the microphone button of the earphones and than the call will end, even if it's involuntarily. And also when'd you are in a middle of a conversation, and suddenly you want to see something in ... Like Instagram, you can't no longer see the video. There should be a Option to minimize the image.

Lastly I wish there was a option to talk wit multiple persons in the same time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are in a long relationship and you can't be with your sweetheart every single day, I can promise you that just talking everyday by FaceTime. Your relationship will increase the level of confidence with it other.

It's more efficient than the others video call application, also it's more easy to enter in connection with people who have FaceTime. About the benefits, I can positively say that a relationship can last, just talking by FaceTime with your sweetheart.

Facetime review by <span>Rob A.</span>
Rob A.

"Occasional user of Facetime with a good experience"

What do you like best?

If you have any apple products this is a great way to video chat with friends and family. Apple makes this is to access when looking at contacts.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I get calls from numbers I do not know asking to facetime. It would be nice if you could send a message along with your call saying "this is ____". It feels weird to answer a voice call from a possible stranger. Additionally, Applle should make group chats work via Facetime.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have an apple product it is worth using.

This enables easy video chatting. Sometimes it is easier to see who you are talking to, especially if you need to show them something. The biggest benefit is the ease of use.

Facetime review by User in Computer Software

"Better integration with iPhone"

What do you like best?

Facetime's integration with iPhone is amazing, as one can use Facetime to act as a phone and call using a Macbook. This is by far the best feature it can get over alternatives such as Skype, which does not provide this feature, instead a new phone.

What do you dislike?

Simply because the lack of userbase. Most of our customers just use Skype and it is not practical to ask them to change to Facetime. It's audio quality is decent and can be used in meetings, however, conference calls (video) are as of now still not supported, which decreased the chance of this software being used, although we still use it in some circumstances.

Recommendations to others considering the product

According to Apple, Facetime will support video conference calling very soon, so stay tuned.

Primarily to communicate with our customers when we are unable to meet in person. Using Facetime has been beneficial as also increases the time we can spend with the customer. The video calling makes it seem like a real meeting.

Facetime review by <span>José Luiz R.</span>
José Luiz R.

"Amo o Facetime"

What do you like best?

O facetime mudou minha forma de falar com a pessoas.

Eu sou uma pessoa que viajo muito, e tenho minha familia fixa no Brasil, com o Facetime posso estar em aniversários, festas, reunioes de familia. TUDO!

What do you dislike?

Gostaria que ele fosse mais rapido no 4G. E que tivesse uma função de poder falar mais de uma pessoas.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Como comentei anteriormente, o Facetime necesita mais opçoes Business.

Em nossa empresa, usamos para falar entre equipes, como todos usamos Mac, conseguimos uma melhor reunião de que pelo SKYPE.

Facetime review by <span>Eva S.</span>
Eva S.

"A useful app for apple users! "

What do you like best?

As far as I know this can be used on apple only, but it will work on iPhone as well as tablets, macbooks, etc ... I like to switch from skype to facetime when there is a problem with the quality during the call, and often facetime works better!

What do you dislike?

it's only compatible with apple and devices running iOS and OSX. It also only works with wifi I think. FaceTime has better fluidity than Skype, but Skype can be used on mobile data and not only wifi, which is more convenient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

test it out and see if it works for you. With most people I've had great connections, with some it was shaky and freezing on occasion.

N.A.

Facetime review by <span>Kevin Sandoval C.</span>
Kevin Sandoval C.

"Ease of use but not much to use."

What do you like best?

The most stream lined app in its field. Apple has made it simple to video chat with anyone of your contacts. I can show any member of my family how to Facetime me within a few minutes.

What do you dislike?

The functions are extremely limiting. It not being able to do a multi chat is extremely frustrating and at this point seems crucial to any video chat software. I'd like to be able to have a quick and easy way to save the video chat with consent of the other participant. It would be extremely useful for documenting meetings and cherishing memories.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a simple fast way to have a video chat with other friends who have an apple device. Definitely easy to learn and quick to pick up and let go. Perfect way to introduce anyone to the world of video chatting, regardless of experience.

The convenience of Facetime is miles above any competitor. Any and every Apple device user has the ability to communicate with me. No hassle of setting up an account and teaching them how to use Skype or GoogleChat.

User in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Awesome for quick "face to face" contact"

What do you like best?

I love that FaceTime is integrated onto both my apple phone and computer. It is super simple to use and makes phone conversations a bit more personal. Is nice to use when you need to visually show something! Makes conversations a little quicker when you have the ability to SEE.

What do you dislike?

There is little that I dislike about FaceTime. One issue that I have is it often has a lag when I am using from my computer, as in calls are coming in late, so the caller may no longer be waiting for an answer and it is just coming through.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Awesome if you already have apple devices, makes face to face contact a bit easier than Skype or something , there is less logging in and waiting etc.

Face to face contact doesn't need to be as difficult! Showing products and sharing visuals can be quick and painless. It really great just based on the simplicity of use, and the benefit is that we are spending less time trying to show each other something when the other is not present. Instead we can simply make the call, point the camera and then they are able to see. Its better than sending pictures well because it sends a live view, and can be seen from more than one angle etc.

Facetime review by <span>Brian S.</span>
Brian S.

"Being able to connect with friends and family seamlessly with FaceTime is awesome."

What do you like best?

The zero setup configuration is what I appreciate most about FaceTime. There's no ports to configure or setup with family members, simply contact them at their email address or phone number on their Mac or iOS device.

What do you dislike?

FaceTime is only available in the Apple OS family of products (i.e. Mac's, iPads, iPhones, etc...) and not available on Windows or PC's. Fortunately most of my contacts are in the Apple universe.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use a Mac/iOS device, FaceTime is on your machine, why not just try it out and see if you like it.

Video conferencing with family and friends without them having to have computer science engineering degree for setup and usage.

Facetime review by <span>Shannon C.</span>
Shannon C.

"Not a Necessity but Fun for Family :)"

What do you like best?

I like to be able to see long distance family and to allow my kids to see them as well. It's a good way to create the sense of being together when far apart. I like being able to use this on my MacBook though because good way to take calls hands free and keep working.

What do you dislike?

I do not like looking at myself when I am talking. I would like to be able to not see myself. I am not crazy about receiving FT calls.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not use this while driving and be aware of your surroundings before using.

I do not use this feature for my business. I do not think it is professional.

Facetime review by <span>Carter R.</span>
Carter R.

"Easy, fast, and functional"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Facetime is it's ease of use. It's immediately accessible across multiple Mac platforms, which makes its utility great. It's link to the iCloud gets rid of a lot of the messiness that can come with Skype.

What do you dislike?

It's limiting to only be able to interact with fellow apple users. Skype works across platforms and typically has more in depth functionality. Facetime is definitely a more casual experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think the key to using Facetime is to know what youre getting from it. It's definitely catered to a casual experience, but if you're looking for more intensive networking, I'd suggest having multiple video chat clients at your beck and call.

I'm able to reach out with relative ease to just about anyone I want to contact. I can share my screen on my macbook to help with technical problems, which goes a long way, and to my knowledge is only available on a premium version of Skype.

Facetime review by <span>Katie S.</span>
Katie S.

"Love using FaceTime to connect with family and friends "

What do you like best?

The ease of using my phone to connect with family that live across the country

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the connection is poor and you can not see the other person

We can FaceTime vendors to show issues that we may have and or things that need attention

Facetime review by <span>Michael C.</span>
Michael C.

"Easy one on one conferencing when out of the office."

What do you like best?

I enjoy the fact that you can use Facetime whether you are on a wireless network, or using cellular data. There is virtually no lag in communication, and users are still able to communicate face to face.

What do you dislike?

The only area I would improve in facetime is the ability to multitask while using a smartphone. For example, I cannot send or receive a file instantaneously while using Facetime. You can do that on an Apple Computer, but not devices. This is not an indictment against Facetime, rather, Apple itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it. Throw away your Blackberries and move into the 21st century.

We are able to communicate face-to-face, even when working in different offices. We can even conference someone in to our conference room using facetime. It allows us to be more productive by cutting down travel expenses and time travelling from office to office.

Facetime review by <span>Jason L.</span>
Jason L.

"FaceTime is Wonderful"

What do you like best?

I love that it works on my mobile phone and I can make the FaceTime calls whenever I feel. Also, I'm often in areas with no cellular signal, but I have internet, so I am still not disconnected from the world.

What do you dislike?

Every so often, the connection or framerate of the picture lags, thus creating some spotty quality. This is not every time I use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great! Make sure you always have wifi though, it tends to work best using that.

I am lucky that I am able to still connect using this. I love that I can use it on all my apple devices too.

User in Entertainment

"Distance Isn't A Factor, Anymore."

What do you like best?

I love being able to connect with people that are usually hard to get a hold of in person with this application. Or to work from distances but still being able to connect with people and co workers like they are right next to you!

What do you dislike?

Well it's not the application that I dislike, but signals and pixelation, that's the only gripe I have about it. Other than that it is amazing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great product, I even have it on my phone and I can connect with loved ones, from anywhere on the world, a call can do that, but nothing beats a face to face conversation with your loved ones from afar!

It allows us to communicate collaboration pieces without the strain of distance between artists and workers.

Facetime review by <span>Joshua M.</span>
Joshua M.

"Way better than Skype when traveling aboard"

What do you like best?

I like the rock solid reliability compared to Skype. I just got back from New Zealand and I used Facetime to chat with my girlfriend almost everyday. It worked flawlessly. Skype had sporadic quality and reliability.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the fact that you can't Facetime with more than one person at a time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say if you are on a iOS or OSX device you just need to use it. It's way better than anything else out there.

It helps me connect with other people around the world.

Facetime review by <span>Joseph W.</span>
Joseph W.

"Easy and a blast to use!"

What do you like best?

I love FaceTimes integration into ios. It is everywhere you need it.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the proprietary nature of FaceTime. I understand why. But I think it would be even better if you could use FaceTime outside of ios.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If everyone on your team has ios or a mac then I would suggest using this product. Superior quality and ease of use.

Face time allows us to connect quickly with each when we need to see something in person but can't be there physically.

Facetime review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Easy Way to Communicate"

What do you like best?

While FaceTime has it's bugs, it is an easy way to communicate with students (mainly graduate students, of whom you are okay with sharing your personal mobile phone number with). Sometimes "talking" in "person" allows information to be conveyed in the proper tone or voice; something that often can get misinterpreted when providing critical feedback to a student's work.

What do you dislike?

It's buggy. Depending on the wifi signal (especially on my campus) you can lose connection or have poor quality. I dislike that you cannot include too many people in a call, but then Skype would work best for that (but not on a phone).

As addressed previously, the ability to provide information or feedback for graduate art students who are often susceptible to taking even the most well intended suggestions about improvement very negatively, as tone is very up to interpretation via email or text.

Facetime review by <span>Frank &quot;Mac&quot; S.</span>
Frank "Mac" S.

"Facetime, you simply cannot go wrong"

What do you like best?

Facetime is a very intuitive video conferencing system that consistently delivers on quality and ease of use.

What do you dislike?

It is too easy to accidentally call someone via Facetime. There needs to be one more interface question between the "home" Facetime screen and when you place a call.

Poor communication due to lack of non-verbal communication cues.

Facetime review by Administrator in Medical Practice
Administrator in Medical Practice

"Facetime"

What do you like best?

I love that I'm able to physically see what a coworker is referring to in another office. It makes my life so much easier to be able to view and take screen shots instead of just trying to understand through words. I can see people that are far away and still get things done as if they are next to me.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there is lag in the system. Not often, but it does happen. The system can slow down from time to time but it usually works just fine.

I don't have to stay on the phone with workers long to get all the information I get from being able to physically see things

User in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Great way to communicate for both personal and professional ways!"

What do you like best?

Facetime is an awesome app that allows you to communication with people easily with the touch of a button and is very convenient. I believe that is tool is easy for everyone to use, I have personally used this with my grandparents and they had no issues with learning how to use the app.

What do you dislike?

The only downside to this app is the connection at times. Even if you have a great connection sometimes the app with fail and drop the call. Or you can hear the person talking but you are unable to see them, or their face will be frozen. There are no options for group calling, or calling someone when you are not connected to wifi, which can be inconvenient at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Facetime is very easy to use for everyone! There are a few problems with the app as far as connection issues at times. I love this app to have another option for communication because talking on the telephone,

I mostly use Facetime for personal use. But there have been occasions where I have used it for work. The company that I work for is in another state and sometimes we have Facetime meetings and it is great to be able to communicate with my supervisors this way rather than just on the telephone all the time.

Facetime review by <span>David A.</span>
David A.

"Great for fun and business!"

What do you like best?

It really personalises a call, be it with a business contact or with family or friends.

What do you dislike?

It is not the best tool to use when you may wish to hide your true feelings/expressions!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a standard product for iphones, so not available to all. Understand the value of this before changing product.

It reminds your customers of you as a person, not just another contact via email, or another caller.

Facetime review by <span>Danielle J.</span>
Danielle J.

"Facetime"

What do you like best?

My children can talk to their grandparents without having to learn how to type or call.

What do you dislike?

I hate that it is only for Apple users. Why can't other software systems use it? Or why can't Android be compatable with Apple in atleast that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think that Facetime is great, I just wish it came with the Android as well. I also wish the picture was bigger. Sometimes I wanted to talk to multiple people on my phone and I can't because they don't fit in the picture.

I can do meetings with Facetime and not have to have anyone come into work.

Facetime review by User in Cosmetics
User in Cosmetics

"Facetime for meetings on the go"

What do you like best?

I facetime my assistant when I am out and about and need to show something that we may need.

What do you dislike?

I only dislike how long it can take to connect for the video call

Recommendations to others considering the product

n/a

Instead of texting, emailing or calling, Facetime is quick to show or better explain something.

Facetime review by User in Airlines/Aviation
User in Airlines/Aviation

"Love using FaceTime! "

What do you like best?

I am able to to talk and see my family that lives on the other side of the US. It's easy to use and let be able to spend time with my family as if I was actually there.

What do you dislike?

Somethimes the Internet service is bad in the area which makes it difficult to talk with because it will cut in and out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it! It's definetly worth it!

I have also used this to work on group projects for school and talk to my boss when they are are out town. It helps keep everything realistic.

"Great product so far!"

What do you like best?

Ease of use on multiple Apple products. I like that I can switch from my phone to my iPad or Computer during the middle of a call. It is a nice feature

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the quality is grainy or lagging. But I believe this is due to the users internet connection and not the FaceTime product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it. It is free as long as you have apple products.

We use the program to reduce confusion in documentation across our company. It is beneficial to us since we are spread out through the state.

Facetime review by <span>Sara C.</span>
Sara C.

"very satisfactory"

What do you like best?

I like seeing the face I am talking to and being able to turn the camera around.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the connection is poor or it takes too long to reach someone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a vert useful tool for communication so I would highly recommend it.

I can have a more personal interaction than a phone call.

Facetime review by <span>Chris G.</span>
Chris G.

"Facetime - Not great."

What do you like best?

The thing I like best about Facetime is the fact that it works across multiple devices.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that you can only get Facetime on iOS devices (Apple devices).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Facetime is OK for those who have an Apple device such as an iPhone or iPad anyway, but I definitely would not go and by one just to have this app as it only exists for iOS.

I have not solved any business problems or realized any benefits from using Facetime. I would choose Skype over Facetime ANY day.

Facetime review by User in International Affairs
User in International Affairs

"Facetime: Personal Connection Anytime, Anywhere "

What do you like best?

Access to facetime is as easy as making a phone call. It is convenient above all else, and it connects you face-to-face to people you wouldn't normally be able to interact with due to distance

What do you dislike?

Oftentimes, I find difficultly with spotty connection.

Recommendations to others considering the product

n/a

I have realized that the benefits of clarity of image and sound as well as accessibility and connection outweigh whatever cons. To be forward, this product has a simple purpose and with that a simple design so that people can connect with one another with ease.

Facetime review by User in Broadcast Media
User in Broadcast Media

"FaceTime Review"

What do you like best?

I like that it allows me to communicate easily with my parents and friends now that I'm farther away in college.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the connection is shaky and I have to keep quitting and launching it until I get the connection right.

I don't think I am solving any business problems as of yet through FaceTime. But I do see myself using it in the future to connect with my colleagues when we are not together and need to work on a business problem.

"Facetime Review"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to Facetime anytime, anywhere since the software has been updated to be able to be used with data.

What do you dislike?

I dislike not being able to keep the screen running when multitasking with other tasks. Currently, the product puts the caller on hold if you begin multi-tasking. It also does not feature multiple callers.

It is great when quickly setting up a video chat, and is easier to use than other video chats like Skype. However, it is strictly a video call, so no chats or multiple calls are offered.

Facetime review by <span>Kanika P.</span>
Kanika P.

"Great product to interact with other Iphone users"

What do you like best?

The ease with which you can speak to another user on Wifi/Data.

What do you dislike?

Cannot use product with non-Iphone users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product to ease communication process however inconsistent with non-Iphone users.

Speaking and communicating ideas in a crunch.

Facetime review by <span>zyad a.</span>
zyad a.

"Very convenient video chat "

What do you like best?

I like the fact that it’s built into iOS and can be used on multiple devices

What do you dislike?

It can be choppy sometimes and doesn’t have enough features

Easy communication

"Enjoy using Facetime"

What do you like best?

I enjoy being able to communicate with my family and friends from Mexico and Italy. Traditional phone calls are alright but seeing them is awesome. It helps us feel like we are together during the holidays. It is by far the best video chatting app!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the calls are choppy due to connectivity issues. This can interfere with discussions. Also, sometimes the pictures can be blurry depending on the tool being used to communicate with.

We are able to use face time to communicate with clients from other places to ensure that the product we are making for them is to their liking.

Facetime review by User in Banking
User in Banking

"Simple video interfacing"

What do you like best?

It's quick and easy to setup and use for people of all ages and requires minimal amount of learning

What do you dislike?

No option to do group video calls is very frustrating and this is a feature that must be implemented sooner rather than later as many similar products already have the feature incorporated in them

Recommendations to others considering the product

Switch to facetime instead of Skype for an easy experience with video calling that costs nothing!

It's better than Skype for business as you can use an email address or phone number to quickly connect with anyone if any part of the world for FREE

Facetime review by <span>Brooke S.</span>
Brooke S.

"Great!"

What do you like best?

It is so easy to use and it works so well. It's a great way to meet when you're unable to physically be in the same location.

What do you dislike?

Limited camera views. No ability to zoom or change what you're seeing or sending beyond front versus back camera.

Meeting in a more personal way when a face to face meeting isn't available.

Facetime review by User in Architecture & Planning
User in Architecture & Planning

"Easy video conference"

What do you like best?

It's so simple, quick, free and easy. No logins, no fees, no complicated settings, no programs to crash.

What do you dislike?

It's challenging to keep track of who has iOS devices and can use FaceTime. Wish it would work with anyone who has a smartphone or webcam.

FaceTime helps us connect with remote colleagues and clients across the country for quick and

Facetime review by Administrator

"I love this it make me more easier to contact my clients and family as well"

What do you like best?

I like facetime because i dont have to meet my client now its easy to call her and see her as well.

What do you dislike?

I dislike? Probably the signal sometimesbut i guess its the provider should be blame for that not facetime

Recommendations to others considering the product

Instead of using another app facetime is so easy coz its already included when you are using ios no need to download it.

We just solving about how to make it easy for us to sell something online. The benefits that i realized is online or social media makes it easy for us to sell something.

Facetime review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Facetime"

What do you like best?

Love the technology of being able to spend time with someone through the phone

What do you dislike?

Don't like the amount of data that it uses

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it for connecting

To others

Benefits of getting interviews done

Facetime review by <span>Patrick T.</span>
Patrick T.

"Great for seeing someone as long as it doesn't drop the call"

What do you like best?

Makes it possible to see video of someone who is far away

What do you dislike?

Has trouble loading a lot and calls fall all the time

If you need to see a problem up close or someone else does it takes out the annoyance of trying to describe hard to understand problems on the phone

Facetime review by User in Sports
User in Sports

"FaceTime Comes Through on a Number of Levels"

What do you like best?

Not only does FaceTime allow you to video chat with your loved ones, but it gives you the option to choose "audio only" when wifi is out of reach.

What do you dislike?

It's frustrating to be in the middle of an important call and then your connection starts to lag, causing the person on the other end to look like they belong in a poorly dubbed Bruce Lee movie.

It's a pretty simple concept, but it works wonders in both my work and personal life.

Facetime review by User in Internet

"Great product for personal communication. Would not trust for work. "

What do you like best?

Facetime is very simple and a great way to communicate with friends and family.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to be able to leave video messages. It will ring forever if you let it, never know if the person is not picking up or if the application is not picking up signal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Text the person you are going to facetime them before doing so, that way they will be on the look out for your call.

None, I would not use Facetime for business.

Facetime review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Facetime Review "

What do you like best?

Helps with communication. I can use it to contact a candidate for a first screening.

What do you dislike?

The connection depending on where you are can be spotty.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Gibe it a try and see what you think.

The problem of candidates not being able to travel. Makes my job easier.

Facetime review by User in Utilities
User in Utilities

"Great to connect"

What do you like best?

Love being able to talk to my friends and family face to face.

What do you dislike?

The wifi requirement can be different in certain locations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nice way to connect. Would recommend for long distance meetings and conversations.

N/A

Facetime review by Agency
Agency

"FaceTime experience"

What do you like best?

It is the closest thing to face to face interaction. No matter how far away you are from someone, it still feels like you are with them.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the quality isn't great because of a poor signal. It still isn't the exact same as being face to face

Ones that you don't get to finish in person because of time. There's only so much you can cover in a meeting.

User in Entertainment

"Great (nearly) every time"

What do you like best?

It's extremely convenient (I'd say more convenient than Skype because of it's accessibility)

What do you dislike?

The only true downside is that for me it cuts out a lot depending on the quality of the Wifi on both ends

A huge benefit is the accessibility, especially overseas. A FaceTime audio call is essentially the same as a phone call and doesn't cost you hundreds of dollars in an international cell phone plan.

Facetime review by User in Computer Software

"Video conferencing has never been easier"

What do you like best?

I like that the same functionality that I have on my mac I have on my phone

What do you dislike?

You can't have video conferencing or I just don't understand. should be easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

add conferencing for larger teams

Connecting with coworkers at an international company

Facetime review by <span>Laura C.</span>
Laura C.

"FaceTime "

What do you like best?

Convenience. Ease of use. Free to use the program.

What do you dislike?

Only for Apple products. Lag. Pixelated image

Networking, touching base

User in Entertainment

"FaceTime helped me connect with family while studying abroad"

What do you like best?

Free and unlimited

Easy to use because its already installed on the phone

Love that it also works seamlessly with laptop

What do you dislike?

Losing signal and some pauses. not always quick enough

solves ever needing to pay for Skype or otther video softares.

"Facetime"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to use, it's like a more convenient Skype, but there's no set up required and I can contact anyone.

What do you dislike?

It can be laggy sometimes which can be annoying.

I'm able to see people face to face.

Facetime review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Great service, easy to use."

What do you like best?

I like the fact that all my contacts are synced immediately.

What do you dislike?

Not really much, works great even with low connection.

Not solving any really

"works well"

What do you like best?

very easy to use; works off of wifi so doesn't need a service provider;

What do you dislike?

b/c it works off of wifi, the service isn't always excellent

I do not use FaceTime for business

Facetime review by User

"Positive experience with facetime"

What do you like best?

I enjoy how easy it is to connect; the interface is straightforward.

What do you dislike?

The connection isn't consistent; it drops the calls too often.

Quick communication when a text or phone call seems informal.

"Not a frequent user"

What do you like best?

I like being able to see the person I am speaking to.

What do you dislike?

When I use FaceTime on my computer it can be difficult connecting with someone on their cell phone.

N/A

Facetime review by User

"FaceTime review- Sierra Drummond"

What do you like best?

That it as simple as voice-calling someone

What do you dislike?

How easily it disconnects and voice goes in and out

You can be present at anytime during meetings of all sorts

Learning about Facetime?

* We monitor all Facetime reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.