Facetime

Facetime makes it possible to conduct one-on-one video and VoIP calls between newer Apple iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Mac notebooks and desktops.

Work for Facetime?

Learning about Facetime?

Facetime Reviews

Showing 65 Facetime reviews
Facetime review by <span>Adam M.</span>
Adam M.

A Simple, Secure Audio/Video Chat Service

What do you like best?

Aside from the reliable, high-quality audio and video chatting, the fact that FaceTime communications are protected by Apple's no-backdoor encryption makes me feel safer using this service than its competitors.

What do you dislike?

I wish it had support for multi-user audio/videoconferencing. Currently, only 2 users can chat at a time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

FaceTime provides an excellent audio- and video-calling solution for all of your Apple devices, from your Mac all the way to your Apple Watch. Fully-encrypted and secure, these high-quality calls can be made from the build-in apps on any Apple device with an internet connection. The only drawback is the lack of multi-user conferencing. Hopefully they add it soon.

Basic audio and video communications from desktop or mobile.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Facetime
Facetime review by User in Program Development
User in Program Development

Facetime review.

What do you like best?

I love FaceTime and being able to talk to my girlfriend when she is not around, or I am traveling in and out of the state for work. I also love it because I can stay in touch with friends and family that use Apple devices. It is a user friendly app that gives me the chance to connect with family and friends from far away without having to spend money on a plane ticket. It brings you closer when you might not have the option to travel. I also like it because for those other agencies or people i work with across the country who use apple products like Mac computers or iPads we are able to do video conferencing through FaceTime.

What do you dislike?

What I don't like is the fact that FaceTime is just for an Apple product. Sometimes the video can be poor depending on location cell service or internet connection.

Recommendations to others considering the product

From a our agency point of view we are trying to push on getting Apple Devices to be able to use facetime with clients with disabilities who might have challenges getting to our office. By using FaceTime you can slowly bring someone out from being closed off slowly getting to work with them. I would recommend this for agencies that work with people with disabilities as you can slowly make contact and bring consumers in.

At work I am able to communicate with other youth transition coordinators across the country that i work with and see at trainings. Using FaceTime We are able to cut out the middle man of purchasing a big video conferencing program and able to use our apple devices.

What Web Conferencing (Personal) solution do you use?

Facetime review by <span>Gary F.</span>
Gary F.

Facetime--A Review

What do you like best?

Facetime is very simple to use, easy to navigate, and works relatively well in terms of visual clarity and audio.

What do you dislike?

Software is limited in the users it can connect, particular if the person you are trying to contact does not own/use an Apple product. Software could be more universal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Prior to using Facetime to conduct screenings, meetings, etc, make sure all attendees are using Apple products to reduce the chance of interference and/or other problems.

We often use Facetime to conduct face-to-face screenings---this allows for more accuracy in communicating with candidates and better sense of their emotions.

Facetime review by <span>Alyse F.</span>
Alyse F.

Best Video-Chatting app I've Used

What do you like best?

I like the ease of being able to video-chat with anyone who has FaceTime whenever, wherever. I like having the option to use FaceTime Audio as opposed to actually calling someone as well. I like being able to change the video orientation from portrait to landscape.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how easy it is to butt-dial someone over FaceTime. Perhaps it's where I store the app, but since an incoming FaceTime call feels a little more distracting and intrusive, I'd like the option to select a contact and then verify that *yes* I do actually intend to call them. I dislike not being able to FaceTime with more than one person at once. It would also be great to be able to leave video voicemails when someone misses your call.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's better than any other system I've used. Super convenient and easy to use. Great for conducting business meetings with individual clients.

Not being able to be in two places at once. There have been times I've *met* with clients via FaceTime instead of having to travel across the city or country. Sometimes a face-to-face meeting is so much better and more helpful than voice-to-voice over the phone. So FaceTime wins in that regard!

Facetime review by <span>Andy P.</span>
Andy P.

Brilliant ... If everyone you talk to is using Apple Devices

What do you like best?

It just works.

The video quality is superior to Skype, the resilience of the call seems to be better as well when used in lower bandwidth (i.e. 3G) connections.

The integration with iOS/OS X is also excellent and enables the application to be quickly and easily started and used on any (Apple!) platform

What do you dislike?

It's Apple only. The ability to make calls to external numbers (using Call Credit) doesn't seem to work (in the UK at least - I suspect it works fine in the US).

There is no ability to integrate with corporate address lists, only with Apple's own Contacts application which leaves managing of contact details up to end-users which can sometimes lead to frustrations especially when adding in a new member to an existing team who isn't necessarily familiar with iOS.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As it's Apple specific if you have non-Apple devices then FaceTime isn't really an option on it's own. However as part of an overall strategy for communications it can be an effective piece of the puzzle but it really never will be anything more than a piece of the puzzle as it doesn't offer the flexibility of Skype (which works on any platform and can even be hosted on-premises).

Video conferencing 1:1 it works very well, a lot of our mobile workers have Apple devices and so it is a good option for video communication with them.

When combined with iMessage you get a very rich communication experience across Apple devices and when further combined with notifications in Notification centre makes it a very intuitive experience for people to get involved and respond to messages.

Facetime review by <span>Gabriel F.</span>
Gabriel F.

The best way to make video calls between apple devices

What do you like best?

FaceTime's ease to video call other users that also own apple devices is amazing. It is part of the default applications of any apple products, including the iPhone, iPad, Macbook and iMac and it is a easy to use, minimalistic application. Plus, it is very fast and efficient, its battery and memory usage are minimal.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that it is only possible to call users that own an apple device since it is a apple exclusive application but I understand their decision.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Facetime is really easy to use and there aren't a lot of features due to its minimalistic design.

When trying to contact colleagues, I often resorted to popular applications such as Skype. The problem was that it consumed my memory and battery and had a significant impact on my computer's performance. With FaceTime, I am able to video call without worrying with any impact whatsoever on my device's performance, and I can easily multitask.

Learning about Facetime?

* We monitor all Facetime reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.