FastSpring

FastSpring

FastSpring is a complete e-commerce solution for billing and payments specifically designed to meet the needs of software, subscription management, SaaS, and other online service companies.

Work for FastSpring?

Learning about FastSpring?

FastSpring Reviews

Ask FastSpring a Question
Showing 70 FastSpring reviews
FastSpring review by Josh B.
Josh B.

"Great Payment Service Provider (with room for improvement)"

What do you like best?

We are selling our software online through the store that FastSpring provides. We love the platform and the solution. But the dashboard usability could definitely use some improvements. It's getting there but slower than we'd all want.

What do you dislike?

The UI of the their new dashboard. Maybe it's because we're used to the classic dashboard (which is still available) but they did move all of the options to the new dashboard that were available previously. This made our transition into the new dashboard very long and confusing. There are still some tasks that make me use both dashboard to get it done.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great but please be aware that if you're also looking for the proper affiliate set up, you'll need to use their partner dashboard from Impact Radius. This creates some clutter whereas we'd expect 1 place to manage all of your e-commerce and affiliates.

We solve the problem of letting users purchase our software legally through a safe payment system that they can trust. FastSpring has been around for long enough to be trusted. The team behind FastSpring is very responsive, so any problem that we may have related to e-commerce, FastSpring is there to help us.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about FastSpring
FastSpring review by Erna D.
Erna D.

"A good assistant to our business"

What do you like best?

I am satisfied with the price and security of FastSpring. They have been on the market for a long time and have proven themselves well. We have been working with them for many years and are very satisfied. The sale of our applications and packages was simple and reliable due to the FastSpring payment verification.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes links to downloading a product do not work - these complaints come from customers. One more insignificant remark from them: some clients could not figure out where to enter the advertising coupon, but this does not prevent the transaction from taking place. Besides this, I have no complaints - everything suits me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to sell your products on the Internet and not worry about the tasks of the backup office, then FastSpring is the right choice for you. They have incredible support, which quickly and very easily solves all problems. You can simply create your product in your system, and then sell it on your website to your customers.

My main task was to sell my product to customers. FastSpring gave me the opportunity to do this without creating my own online store without getting a seller's account and not processing a large number of tax zones.

What E-Commerce Platforms solution do you use?

FastSpring review by Zenia B.
Zenia B.

"A quality platform for digital commerce"

What do you like best?

Payments are just a small part of what FastSpring can offer you. FastSpring supports many payment methods and has a lot of multycurrency support. Also, it easily adapts to input languages and prices anywhere in the world. Excellent analytical capabilities.

What do you dislike?

We had failures when customers could not follow links. The failure has passed by itself and I hope it will not happen again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Creating a digital store can take a lot of time, and maintenance can be stressful. FastSpring makes this process as easy as possible. I think the program is more competitive in its segment, and the price is lower than that of others. From the first day of work in this program, you will realize that you have not made a mistake in your choice.

Honestly, I was skeptical about the work of FastSpring, but then I saw that it allows us to earn money and realized that I was wrong. Cooperation with FastSpring will allow us to focus on the more important things of our business. Now I advise this service for my сolleges, as I'm sure they will appreciate the good quality of FastSpring.

FastSpring review by Bogdan D.
Bogdan D.

"Great solution for companies that sell products & earn 50k/month"

What do you like best?

I like the pricing and security of FastSpring. They have been on the market for a long time. We've worked with them for 6 years now. And selling our apps and bundles has been very easy and secure with FastSpring's payment checkout.

What do you dislike?

We dislike the outdated features in the dashboard. There are a custom exports that we are interested in doing at the end of the month. But the dashboard which FastSpring has is a little bit outdated. Event hough they call it "new dashboard" – many export features that other competitors have, FastSpring doesn't have it.

Another thing we'd like to have FastSpring approved – Affiliates. They are using Impact Radius as their affiliate service provider. But we'd like to have it all in one system to avoid any confusion. We want FastSpring to just handle all of our affiliates, split pays, etc.. And they somehow do this, but it's going through another company (ImpactRadius) which doesn't seem necessary to us.

We sell software for Mac and Windows. And FastSpring handles our store where we sell licenses.

They provide Pop-up checkout and general checkout. This includes handling all taxes and credit card fees.

We really like that it's a secure checkout. And all of our customers are very happy with the smooth transaction procedure that FastSpring provides. Even though we did customize the checkout to look as if it's part of our website.

FastSpring review by Matej M.
Matej M.

"Easy to understand and work with"

What do you like best?

It's not just about being able to accept payments for stuff you sell. In FastSpring I can easily add a new product to sell, even create bundles of products or subscription products. It's an easy process. Multi-currency support and a number of payment options is welcome. You can easily manage orders of your products and even make refunds. In addition FastSpring offers you a fraud protection. When you need help you can easily contact their support team which is always very fast to reply and even helpful. What I see as a cherry on the cake is that FastSpring acts as your back office.

What do you dislike?

There's really nothing to dislike apart from transaction fees that could be at least 25% lower. Other than that I'm happy with this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking to sell your products online and don't want to worry about back office tasks FastSpring is the right choice for you. They have an incredible support that is fast and very helpful (and friendly too!). It's simple to create add your product in their system and then sell it on your website to your customers.

We're selling a number of products on our website and we needed an easy system to manage the order we get. It also does the finances reporting which proved to be very useful. Using FastSpring allows us to focus on our product more than we could without using it. Thanks to FastSpring we can sell worldwide too since their service makes it simple.

FastSpring review by Mathias R.
Mathias R.

"Everything just works - a very reliable subscription management platform."

What do you like best?

I like that everything just works. The control panel is very fast and response. I am using Fastspring's subscription features for our OCR API platform, and its regular, classic shopping cart features for the web automation and desktop automation software we sell. The setup has been a breeze in both cases - and since then it just works.

We are using FastSpring for more then two years now, and there has been no downtime or other technical issues.

The few times I had to contact Fastspring tech support with a question, the answers were fast (same day) and useful.

What do you dislike?

The reporting section is easy to use, but I miss some of the more detailed reporting options that some for the other platforms offer.

Fastspring powers the backend of our the subscription billing. Plus, we use Fastspring as classic e-commerce service for the web automation and desktop automation software we develop and sell.

FastSpring review by Daryl W.
Daryl W.

"FastSpring Is The King of e-Commerce!"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that FastSpring only requires a percentage cut of sales and not an additional service fee. My previous e-Commerce platform charged a hefty cuts of sales and a service fee on top of that. The money I was making went right back into paying the service fees. So I am very thankful for FastSpring for not charging for their incredible services!

I also love the complete control of order fulfillment. My previous e-Commerce platform allowed for zero customization of the order completion email. FastSpring however, allows for customization of the text only email as well as the HTML version and even Web page order completion so that the customer doesn't even have to go to their email. They can complete an order and download their order in the same window!

They also fully cover VAT tax collection. Once again, my previous e-Commerce platform didn't cover VAT at all and they even assured me that VAT only mattered to sellers in the EU not buyers. This is incorrect. EU laws require e-Commerce sellers to charge VAT Tax on purchases of electronically delivered products for buyers based in the European Union. In the EU law before 2015, VAT was based on the location of the business, but it is now based on the location of the customer. So the fact that FastSpring abides with EU laws is great! And I have had many EU based happy customers thanks to FastSpring's VAT coverage!

And how can I forget? Unlimited storage! Unlimited storage meaning that you can host as many files total on your store. So you could have a store with 10TB of files total. Individual product file size limits are 5TB however. But I will never use that much myself.

Lastly, the ability to see your customer's IP address and how many times they have downloaded your product is an amazing feature! This helps me in particular when a customer tries to lie and say they never received or downloaded their order and they ask for a refund. FastSpring allows me to see how many times they've downloaded. On my previous e-Commerce platform, this was not possible.

What do you dislike?

I honestly have zero dislikes concerning FastSpring at this time! This is the best e-Commerce platform available! Hands down!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely try them out. It's free in terms of paying out of pocket to use their services, so you have nothing to lose! If you want a professional, sleek and stylish e-Commerce platform for your digital goods, look no further than FastSpring!

On my old e-Commerce platform, I had to get used to server downtime a lot. FastSpring however, has never had any downtime or server issues since I've used their services. I've never had to apologize to my customers or make a social media post lamenting the fact that I was going to lose sales for an unspecified amount of time due to server or maintenance issues. FastSpring has always been on for me 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and all 365 days in the year.

Also, their automatic language and currency detection is outstanding! This may seem like something small, but this is truly a major feature as anyone of any tongue or place of residency can purchase my products with no language barrier or currency limitation!

I would also say that their incredible store-wide unlimited file storage and massive 5TB file size limit per product has eliminated my issue of having products that are too big to host. Also, their usage of Amazon's S3 platform for file downloads also allows my customers to download my products without the worry of slow download speeds.

FastSpring review by Eugene D.
Eugene D.

"Hand to hand with FastSpring"

What do you like best?

I like that kind of software, the FastSpring ecommerce platform offers quite a lot of functionality and is easy to integrate. So fast customize online store through the FastSpring dashboard. Very nice and easy.

What do you dislike?

How to say it correct. I'm using FastSpring and there has been no downtime or other technical issues. I guess that means a lot. Thanks for that powerful platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its the best one, FastSpring platform supports all kinds of subscription. Will localize your trade automatically, from language and prices, to currency and other topic preferences.

Wonderful work with it. All my team and I like so much. It's very flexible and clear. In one word all can use with no problems at all. We like how fast it is.

FastSpring review by Tolga Y. .
Tolga Y. .

"I am very glad that we are using FastSpring in our business"

What do you like best?

FastSpring is very easy to setup. We integrated it to our products in a day and our business was running in a couple of days. Easy API integration, which allows us to keep records of customers, orders, etc is probably the best feature for us. We are also very fond of FastSpring since it enabled us to offer many payment methods to our customer base.

Moreover, FastSpring offers many other options for your e-commerce. You may offer a subscription based service or product to your customers. FastSpring handles the auto-payment and subscription processes smoothly. It is also possible to track the subscriptions customers privately, by using API integration. For any product, you may also setup volume pricing, discounts, coupon codes, etc.

What do you dislike?

We haven't come across any major problems with FastSpring and when we do have a problem, the support team helped us through it.

On the other hand, I would say that setting up a store page for your products is not that trivial if you are looking for a custom design. Especially designing a payment site that looks similar to your own web page is somewhat difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend FastSpring to everyone who is looking to start a e-commerce site. It's definitely worth a try!

By using FastSpring, we are able to accept multiple payment methods easily. It also helped us greatly for keeping customer records and sale statistics.

FastSpring review by Bill R.
Bill R.

"Great alternative to your own online store and merchant account"

What do you like best?

- they process the payments

- they handle all sales taxes

- they support per-product, per-email, and per-use coupons

- they can present activation codes or other keys at the end of the sale

- support for ordering issues is fast and accurate

What do you dislike?

- The user interface can be confusing. Granted, it has to handle a lot of functions and features.

- On one or two occasions I've received less than helpful support, such as "Why would you want xml in an e-mail?"

- Can't use pre-existing coupons

Recommendations to others considering the product

I set up an online store with a merchant account and payment gateway for another company. I don't think it's worth the time and effort, but for some sales volumes it could probably save money.

I needed to let customers purchase my products. FastSpring let me do that without having to build my own online store, get a merchant account and payment gateway, and handle a dazzling number of tax zones.

FastSpring review by David S.
David S.

"FastSpring License Key Generation Features & Customer Service"

What do you like best?

First, FastSpring has outstanding customer service. I have used other providers in which it took a long time to receive any response. This has never been the case with FastSpring. if I have a tough problem I often have multiple responses to my various questions within the same day.

Getting paid twice per month.

It is a much better for cash flow purposes to see the revenue being available in a timely manner.

Their product features have made it relatively easy for me to set up my own CGI scripting for generating and checking license keys within my products.

What do you dislike?

There are times when it might be nice to have an online chat feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It looks like FastSpring will be be one of the launch partners for Apple's new web based version of ApplePay. I look forward to the availability of this new feature. I use ApplePay everywhere I can in physical stores, and I think that it will help with online sales also.

FastSpring has solved my E-Commerce issues for 2 companies I run.

I don't have to worry about handling the fraud processing on my own, they take care of it for me. They also take care of charging/sending VAT payments to the various government agencies.

I also use the Purchase Order payment features.

I have not yet used the Subscription Management feature, but I might consider using this feature in the future.

FastSpring review by Serge S.
Serge S.

"Reliable and Constantly Improving e-Commerce Platform"

What do you like best?

We utilize FastSpring as the payment processor for our subscription-based payment model since 2012. FastSpring's interface is very user friendly and the order management page is very convenient when compared to another e-commerce system we use. I especially like the fact that you can adjust Quantity on an active order, update the Auto-Renewal date, and order total (applying coupons to active orders, etc). This saves so much time being able to make these adjustments yourself rather than contacting tech support.

- The customer support team is always responsive and helpful in addressing various minor questions/issues that occur.

- Efficient and prompt processing of manual (PO) orders and checks

- Reliable processing of credit card orders and very few authorization failures

What do you dislike?

One minor improvement that I can suggest concerns reporting:

It would be nice to generate a report of Monthly Expected Revenue based on recurring orders within each month and remaining expected recurring revenue within current month. Currently, the Expected Revenue report only provides a total for the next 30-day period.

Our company develops and sells a remote desktop software (FixMe.IT) and FastSpring handles new and recurring subscription orders. FastSpring provides us with a reliable payment gateway for globally processing and collecting customer payments, thereby allowing us to concentrate on other areas of our daily business operations.

FastSpring review by Vivek M.
Vivek M.

"Awesome product for startups"

What do you like best?

The best thing about FastSpring is that they support any country. Allows PayPal as withdrawal method

What do you dislike?

No way to charge extra charges for the subscription. For example, I can not provide pay per use plan with FastSpring. Also, proration is kind of weird where they refund a certain amount and then charge the remaining instead of just charging a difference. Pricing is very high compared to other payment providers, but worth it if you're from countries where other payment providers do not provide services.

Very easy to handle subscriptions with FastSpring. Not much of a setup is required.

FastSpring review by Craig A.
Craig A.

"Coursuite FastSrping Subscriptions System"

What do you like best?

Being new to the subscription service of Fastspring has been an easy implementation process with plenty of support. They have been patient while we have been hard at work developed our services to link into their system. They have been timely in helping us and we're finding client discrepancies easy to resolve via their dashboard.

What do you dislike?

We would like Australian taxation support added to the services

Easy to user subscription procurement services. Notification services which are easy to manage and are flexible allowing us to manage our own site as well as other third party ancillary sites like Mail-chimp.

FastSpring review by Paul C.
Paul C.

"FastSpring is a reliable ecommerce partner"

What do you like best?

Great feature set, reliable, and very responsive support.

When I originally evaluated eCommerce providers back in 2012 I did a comprehensive scan of the current providers vs implementing my own ecommerce system.

FastSpring stood out back then due to features, integration, and UX/CX.

They have been a reliable partner since then.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally product download links don't work, as reported by my customers

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quality and responsiveness of support is always a good indicator of how much a company cares about their product/service

I need the ability to sell desktop apps directly to customers instead of being forced to go through an appstore with their typically high 30% fee cut, which is a huge bite out an independent developers income stream.

FastSpring review by Alex W.
Alex W.

"FastSpring Has Been a Very Reliable Platform for Selling my Ebooks"

What do you like best?

FastSpring is very reliable. When a customer orders one of my books, FastSpring handles the download and charges any applicable taxes, no matter what country the customer is located in. FastSpring also checks for indicia of fraud to ensure the payment is secure. One of the best features is that FastSpring's support staff deals with customer inquiries, as well as my own questions, very quickly and intelligently.

What do you dislike?

On occasion, a customer does not receive download links after placing an order, though it's never clear if that is a problem originating with FastSpring or with the customer's computer network.

I sell printed versions and ebook versions of the books I publish. With FastSpring, I have been able to sell the ebooks directly from my own website, relying on FastSpring to handle all technical issues involving download links and collection of payments, including taxes where applicable. Therefore, I do not have to worry about any of the technical issues, and can concentrate on publishing books.

FastSpring review by Sanjeev K.
Sanjeev K.

"Excellent Support and service"

What do you like best?

Best Support team, who are always ready to assist you in anyway, feels like dealing with them personally.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far. They are simply excellent

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended

I sell services online worldwide and collecting payment was always a big issue, sometimes refunds were needed, VAT issues, Glad that after joining Fastsprig all those issues re resoled with their multiple methods of payments. Thank you Fastspring, highly recommended

FastSpring review by Dr. Andrew B.
Dr. Andrew B.

"Top marks for Startups to sell software & services online"

What do you like best?

Very easy to set up, you can have an e-commerce site up and running in less than a day. For that you get the ability to sell internationally via credit card, paypal, wire transfer and accept cheque without the need for a merchant bank or registering for VAT in the UK or EU. In other words, its a one-stop-shop for e-commerce particularly suited for software vendors and startups.

I also like the high level of service you get and the team are always wiling to help with issues and fast.

I recommend FastSpring to all my colleagues looking to start a software product business because of these points above.

What do you dislike?

To be honest, not a lot.

I now have to write a minimum of 40 chars ...

There, done.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure you set up notifications to put your orders in a database of your own.

That way you can have full control over how to market to existing customers for repeat business.

We've sold more than $1.5million USD of software licenses through FastSpring in 3 years. It literally made the difference between having a profitable startup or not, as the overall costs of implementing e-commerce, plus the high level of trust achieved with their platform, lead to good sales right from the start.

The API also allows

FastSpring review by David Y.
David Y.

"FastSpring supported my new business every step of the way."

What do you like best?

By far the most impressive aspect of working with FastSpring is that you pay for their service based on sales; not a monthly fee. This is extremely important to small businesses like mine that are just starting out and want to offer our customers early releases of our product. FastSpring's sales and technical support is simply excellent. The capabilities and features that FastSpring supports for their customers continues to grow and are very easy to learn how to use.

What do you dislike?

Some folks might be confused by the detail to which you have to define for your products. As a software engineer, this was not a big issue but it might have helped if they provided a sample set of product offerings that I could use to learn how things work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a cup of coffee and take your time. This thing is worth it.

I needed a means to offer my brand new software product online. I had no expectation of making much money in the short term and FastSpring did not insist that I have a certain volume of sales to get going. The main benefit so far is that their product works so well that I can recommend their service to other firms.

FastSpring review by Mike D.
Mike D.

"FastSpring has consistently allowed us to manage our sales flow and product offerings easily"

What do you like best?

The ability to sell products that are priced as a single license as well as those which use a subscription model. The ability to support both models as well as discounting has been a great help. The ability to also target any market globally has really allowed us to be a global company without the headaches normally associated with selling in many different countries.

What do you dislike?

While you can customise the look and feel of the sales experience it would be great if this was easier to achieve. It can feel clunky in trying to get the look and feel you are after.

Recommendations to others considering the product

FastSpring allows you to quickly get going with only sales without the need to be Merchant of Record but while giving you access to key payment methods. This along with its global reach and the solution also including a built in e-commerce capability means that for startups and small businesses the process is made even easier.

We needed a service that can sell globally, deal with international taxation and that provides flexibility in how we price and sell out apps. FastSpring has enabled us to achieve all of these items with the minimum of fuss.

FastSpring review by Vladimir R.
Vladimir R.

"One of best in the category"

What do you like best?

I worked or still working with several payment processors, but FastSpring is my number one choice. I like user friendly control panel, customization features and how responsive support is (not that I needed it often). I have relatively complex software licensing schema (standard/pro, single user/company, new/upgrade - any combination possible) and FastSpring proved more than capable supporting it, after some configuration. It is also very easy to customize look & feel to match a website and checkout page is uncluttered and simple.

What do you dislike?

Fees are not suitable for micro-payments. Also, it would be nice if it was allowed by TOS to use FastSpring for custom custom freelance work, not just products. One more minor note: few customers didn't manage to figure out where to enter promotional coupon, but that's not really a deal-breaker. Beyond that, I don't really have any complaints after two and half years of using.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In my experience, FastSpring is unmatched for software license sales. It might be a bit expensive for micro-payments and it doesn't support custom payments (for freelance work).

Some of my previous payment processors had problems with fraud checking (I received lot of complaints from customers), some doesn't support enough payment methods (PayPal mainly), and some just became too greedy. When I correspond with representatives, I get that feeling that they do care about customers. It might be a coincidence, but after switching to FastSpring, my conversion rates went a bit up.

FastSpring review by Thomas S.
Thomas S.

"Peace of mind and great support."

What do you like best?

FastSpring is a one stop shop and provides a lot more than other lower level payment providers. For example their support for pro-rating and discounts were things we did not even know could come in handy when we signed up and in the end did save us quite some implementation time.

Another thing we were very impressed about was how fast and competent FastSpring's support team is. Even in times when we asked arguably stupid questions they were super fast and to the point in their responses. It's great to know that you can grow with a platform and that's certainly the case with FastSpring.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to complain about so far (after 3 years of usage).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask other FastSpring users as well as people who went with another solution instead and compare their experiences and how much time and effort they spent on implementation and ongoing maintenance.

FastSpring is a one stop shop for us when it comes to receiving payments from our customers. It was easy to integrate and we never had to worry about that aspect of our business since then and could focus on other things. No one wants to spend weeks or even months on payment and related functionality (billing, discounts, refunds, …).

FastSpring review by Administrator in Music
Administrator in Music

"Many business givens are not catured for."

What do you like best?

Support is excellent, and the company is reliable and works.

What do you dislike?

I find the complete lack of any ability to have a 'the more you spend the greater the discount' system in place absolutely ludicrous. I mean in 2018 with internet shopping it is an absolute given that there should be an option that increases the discount based on the more someone spends. They have something in place that allows for you to set a single % discount, but there is no way to stagger that, so 20% is the discount no matter what the buyer spends...which in 2018 is ludicrous. I ahve mentione this numerous times to them ,but they don't listen.

They are handling my VAT to the EU and distributing my products links.

FastSpring review by Shikhil S.
Shikhil S.

"Great support and a reliable solution."

What do you like best?

Fastspring just gets work done and is highly reliable. We are a SaaS company having customers around the globe requiring billing to be done monthly and in their local currency. FastSpring solves this problem seamlessly.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the interface of dashboard is a challenge to understand. Some features exist but aren't visible.

- Collecting payments in multiple currency

- Recurring payments

- Handling of tax/vat for each country

FastSpring review by Stephan L.
Stephan L.

"Excellent solution for electronic delivery of digital goods and EU VAT compliance"

What do you like best?

Once set up, FastSpring automatically takes care of everything for you: receiving the customer's payment, generating and sending the license key and invoice and declaring VAT (if required). It's a great solution if you'd rather spend your time on more productive activities. FastSpring is very friendly to small developers: no monthly fees (unless your account is abandoned) and very low payment thresholds. Their customer support is excellent.

What do you dislike?

Two things could still be improved: USD/EUR exchange rates were consistently worse than PayPal's. Also, the field where customers can enter their EU VAT number appears only after they've already entered their address and payment information, which can be confusing.

FastSpring takes care of the routine aspects of selling software internationally.

FastSpring review by Administrator in Computer Software

"One of the best ecommerce providers"

What do you like best?

Great flexibility and customizability, great support, user friendly control panel.

Integrates with 3rd parties such as Quick License Manager for license key distribution.

What do you dislike?

We'd like to see some additional reports for recurring revenue of subscription based products, per month, per quarter and per year.

Selling software online.

FastSpring does a great job at taking the tedious work out of selling your software online. We could have hired a full time employee to manage the sales and accounting process. Instead, we let FastSpring do most of the work for us. It's worth every penny.

FastSpring review by Isabella D.
Isabella D.

"The Best out of many!"

What do you like best?

Customer Service is more than helpful. Whoever you get to help you, well they go out of their way to find solutions or to answer your questions. I have been using ecommerce sites since Qwerks (do you remember them?); Plimus: emetrix; ccnow, etc. and I find FastSpring the best and I would never change to anyone else. I have been using ecommerce sites for more than 20 years.

What do you dislike?

I wish I had more time to learn about all of FastSprings rich features!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please use them. If you need their Customer Service to get started. DO NOT HESITATE! They are sincerely helpful and they consistently are happy to help you.

Seamless downloads and coding of products.

FastSpring review by Miloš D.
Miloš D.

"Very satisfied, reliable service"

What do you like best?

The service is reliable, Dashboard offers are all the options to required to manage online payments, subscription, refunds, discounts, etc. I like the new contextual dashboard too.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is hard to find / locate the order or subscription.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Reliable service, easy implementation, rich dashboard features, good analytics

Online payment processing, recurring subscriptions

FastSpring review by Paul V.
Paul V.

"Does what its supposed to do"

What do you like best?

Variety of payment options for customers

What do you dislike?

Dashboard looks terrible - also quite inflexible at times w. coupons, refunds, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In particular useful for cross-border payments - may make your account troublesome (since invoices don't come from end-clients but Fastspring instead)

Cross border payments - receiving money from Brazil to Hong Kong

FastSpring review by Lawrence H.
Lawrence H.

"A robust, well maintained and serviced merchant processing and subscription management solution"

What do you like best?

Good reporting, nice visuals, a comprehensive API, good customer experience.

What do you dislike?

The UI for looking at individual orders is a little wonky, and there's a learning curve. Not an extreme learning curve, but it's not always intuitive.

Selling plug-ins for an Adobe application. I've experienced better subscription retention rates.

FastSpring review by Consultant in Architecture & Planning
Consultant in Architecture & Planning

"FastSpring is a fast and responsible partner for our business."

What do you like best?

The main quality That We consider in FastSpring is its reliability which we have been perceiving in the use of services over time. Everything works perfectly as contracted, customers have a quick answer and when we need any support from the technical support we are promptly attended.

What do you dislike?

A point that we think requires improvement is the interface to the formatting process of the sales page, which could be more intuitive and well explained, including some practical examples for each case and possibility.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please include pratical examples in setup sales pages processing, showing all potential of the software in different needs.

We are not a software development company but we have created a program which we decided to put on the market. So FastSpring has solved our software sales issues by creating the bridge with buyers.

FastSpring review by Oliver B.
Oliver B.

"Comprehensive, modern E-Commerce solution for software vendors"

What do you like best?

Modern technology, fast support, clean UI.

What do you dislike?

Some details of the new platform are not there yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it!

We've reduced the effort of bookkeeping by reducing the amount of transactions that end up in our books through consolidation via FastSpring. FastSpring takes care of the the payment process, VAT and sales taxes and has a nice integration with a powerful affiliate management platform.

FastSpring review by User

"Top Service"

What do you like best?

FastSpring brings to the table everything they promised - simplicity, friendliness and fast service. Selling with them can start immediately and they make things easy. For European companies it's important to collect VAT taxes properly to avoid problems later on.

FastSpring will do that job for you unlike most competitors.

What do you dislike?

No help promoting my products.

They make selling SaaS products as easy as possible.

FastSpring review by Miroslav B.
Miroslav B.

"A Wonderful Service"

What do you like best?

I really like the way FastSpring works. It's very easy to create new products, add order fulfilment, manage orders, resend orders and so on. There's really nothing I would change. Even their support is awesome and they usually reply within few hours.

What do you dislike?

There's actually nothing to dislike from my side. I would add a BitCoin payment support but I was told it'll come soon so I'm fine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out. You will not regret that.

It helps us to send keys to our customers and it's a very good solution for doing so.

FastSpring review by Mathew E.
Mathew E.

"FastSpring simplifies taxes and fraud risks!"

What do you like best?

FastSpring more or less eliminates the nightmare of international tax (VAT) compliance. Their risk management system and the fact that you can process refunds without additional fees makes sales simple and intuitive. For the most part, it hit works. I also appreciate the additional customization options, although I wish they were better documented.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes orders don't go through or customers complain of issues during the checkout process, and it is difficult if not impossible to troubleshoot them.

Eliminating complexity of building and maintaining a payment processing stack has been huge, allowing me to focus on product development instead.

FastSpring review by Chris S.
Chris S.

"Fantastic Service and Support"

What do you like best?

If I ever had a question, they are very prompt at getting back to me with either a solution or suggestion to solve my question.

What do you dislike?

Have not experienced anything so far in many years of partnership.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a quality company who does what they say they will, look no further.

3rd Party payment processing

FastSpring review by Chris H.
Chris H.

"Great support and great checkout page customizations."

What do you like best?

The speed of customer support. I don't need it often but when I do, they are quick to reply and resolve problems faster than any service I use.

What do you dislike?

I wish they had an app for stat tracking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it, it's a great company that will help you out every step of the way from initial setup to ongoing use.

They enable me to sell across the globe, take care of state and EU taxes for me, and enable me to offer CD backup services to my customers.

FastSpring review by Anke H.
Anke H.

"Fastspring is making my life easy. They take care of everything and offer great support."

What do you like best?

I love that Fastspring takes care of managing different currencies, taxes and payment methods. I also love the support. Whenever I or one of my customers have a question Fastspring takes care of it quickly.

What do you dislike?

I don't really dislike anything. Sometimes I wish I could use Fastspring for physical products as well although I perfectly understand why that's not possible

I'm able to offer top level service to my customers who come from all parts of the world - in their language and currency.

FastSpring review by Farshad M.
Farshad M.

"A solid e-commerce partner for software publishers"

What do you like best?

The integration API is very good. It gives you lots of option to customize handling online purchases. Notification system is simple and functional.

What do you dislike?

Online store should offer more modern looking and responsive themes.

We sell online software libraries. The payment system works like a clock. They pay you on time with no delay.

FastSpring review by Louise F.
Louise F.

"Great platform for payment processing"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the dashboard and the ability to process refunds and invoices quickly and easily.

What do you dislike?

The customer service used to be excellent but recently wait times have increased and the support isn't as good as it used to be.

We use FS as a payment processor. The ability to create invoices with payment links is really useful.

FastSpring review by umar b.
umar b.

"Such A Wonderful Platform with great customer support"

What do you like best?

Simplicity in usage and advance features.

What do you dislike?

Not having an api for digital subscriptions and license verification.

The most problem fastspring solves for me is easy checkouts and easy payments.

FastSpring review by Nir D.
Nir D.

"Very good service with great support"

What do you like best?

Very simple and fast to start getting payments

Easy to use but powerful system

Very good technical and customer support

I use them for over 5 years and never really had a problem

What do you dislike?

More report types related to subscription would be nice

Collecting paymmets from customers

FastSpring review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Best payment processor I've used"

What do you like best?

- Ease of use

- VAT handling for EU transactions has saved me loads of time

- Very few rejected payments

- Many payment methods accepted

- Never had communications issue to my server

- Multi language and currencies

What do you dislike?

- Fees a little high

- Have to set up a product to issue a one-off invoice

- Payouts only bi-monthly

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it. You won't regret it!

Consolidated all my payment methods into one place and solved the accounting headache of EU VAT rules.

FastSpring review by Pat S.
Pat S.

"Mobile Web Developer/Photographer"

What do you like best?

Very affective way to sell digital products

What do you dislike?

Help menus need work. Adding a more comprehensive explanation would aid in the setup and implementation of the FastSpring service

Recommendations to others considering the product

Offer a more comprehensive Help section for all area of the service. Video demos are ideal. Step by step setup and configuration will help get users up and running much quicker.

Cost effective way of delivering digital content. Very reasonable price for service offered

FastSpring review by Ben L.
Ben L.

"Excellent product with fast and knowledgeable support staff"

What do you like best?

Very fast support when we have a problem.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally, we have an idea for a promotion that we are unable to implement with the provided coupons and cross-sell features.

Fastspring handles several of the steps in our product sales process. Fastspring does all the things we don't want to mess with ( payments, downloads, license links ) allowing us to focus on product development and product support.

FastSpring review by Peter S.
Peter S.

"I am ovberall satisfied very much."

What do you like best?

The overall support and the simplicity of Fastspring as a system.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike. Everything is good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fastspring provides a comfortable solution to meet all your needs as a seller of e-goods.

sales of e-goods

FastSpring review by Neal L.
Neal L.

"FastSpring is the BEST gateway for our business"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, and the subscription services, it helps maximize our revenue.

What do you dislike?

At present we don't find anything we don't like, so far the FastSpring is very good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For those who want to get the maximum benefits from the online sales, I would suggest that they choose FastSpring.

FastSpring powers our online software sales, we get a lot of benefits from it.

FastSpring review by Administrator in Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
Administrator in Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

"without it, i couldn't sell my product"

What do you like best?

you handle VAT, which is practically impossible for a private person to handle by himself

What do you dislike?

reporting features could be a little better (better overviews etc); no file attachments for email fulfillment; post-order notification should contain the exact amount (in EUR in my case), that will be transferred to my account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

so far, I have none...

selling software around the world, offering different payment methods for customers, handling VAT, providing licenses upon payment

FastSpring review by German V.
German V.

"Extremely good with understandable issues of a startup"

What do you like best?

Easy to subscribe. Really trustworthy. Great customer services.

What do you dislike?

Little pushback over big banks and credit cards. They should defend the merchant against faulty complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great Platform.

Ecommerce.

FastSpring review by Anibal S.
Anibal S.

"Perfect service"

What do you like best?

Support service is outstanding! We have always received prompt and accurate answers to solve any question or issue.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. We can only recommend to adopt digital currencies, like bitcoin.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A powerful e-commerce platform to solve most needs in record time for 80% e-commerce sites.

E-commerce platform for our CMS extensions. End-to-end billing solution.

FastSpring review by Sergiy T.
Sergiy T.

"FastSpring is all-in-solution for software vendor"

What do you like best?

- Great customer support (all issues are resolved as soon as possible)

- Fast technical support (also actually do it for you)

- Easy to use product setup

- Easy to use customization for the checkout page

What do you dislike?

- Somewhat high fraud prevention, so you need to have alternative payment solution for some customers.

- No options for affiliate commission (like first payment only)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simple setup with human help available. Great for a software vendor to concentrate on improving software, not redeveloping payment gateway.

- Accept payments for software licenses and support.

- Generate and deliver license keys after the order is complete

- Customer self-serve for support subscription

FastSpring review by Tom M.
Tom M.

"A good website "

What do you like best?

The easy use and the many options of it.

What do you dislike?

That I cannot remove the contact fields before I'm in FastSpring for a while.

More purchases.

FastSpring review by Mohamad E.
Mohamad E.

"Excellent E-commerce solution for ISV"

What do you like best?

FastSpring is a great solution build for an ISV in mind: it is easy to setup, great customer service, fees are reasonable and very reliable.

What do you dislike?

Setting up the store template is a bit tedious; you'd need to create (or modify and existing) zipped file which include the different elements of your store style (e.g. template, graphics, etc.). I wish fast spring offer a WYSIWYG type of wizard or editor to make changes on the fly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd suggest to go through the support material thoroughly to get a good understanding of how to setup your products within FastSpring. Also, the Fast Spring staff helped me to get my first template after my main website for free. It save me a lot of time, especially as I am trying to get the online store up and running.

E-Commerce

Automated software subscription renewal

Sales tax collection, reporting and compliance.

FastSpring review by Sergey A.
Sergey A.

"Selling software product online via credit card, paypal, wire transfer, bank check"

What do you like best?

They have good support. Mostly I talked with Luanne, he answers in less than 12 hours. All the issues have been solved

What do you dislike?

Initially they rejected my application, but I had a friend who gave recommendation. Other than that, everything is good

I am selling software product online

FastSpring review by Ruzanna A.
Ruzanna A.

"Good featured and excellent and quick support team"

What do you like best?

Quick to set up, smooth and very well supported. Fastspring has a very simple, easy to use website that makes it easy to sign up for their services and get started. Highly recommend.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike with Fastspring's solutions. Moreover, they are constantly improving and updating the features.

Ability to take immediate online payments for small volumes of our products without having the overhead of finance processing the payment

FastSpring review by Paul N.
Paul N.

"GSI and Fastspring"

What do you like best?

Site is easy to use. Good reporting. Easy to build deals. Good customer support.

What do you dislike?

The search feature is a bit finicky. It requires too much specificity.

International sales w/ VAT. Ease of sales and invoicing at a reasonable price.

FastSpring review by Administrator in Architecture & Planning
Administrator in Architecture & Planning

"Amazing service"

What do you like best?

Setting up a shop is very easy and the customer service is very fast to help when you need.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, but email templates (HTML) could be improved by introducing a simple HTML editor with WYSIWYG system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you sell digital products, and you need to protect your software with serial number FastSpring is right for you.

Automatic serial number generation with a simple java code. I protected my software in the easiest and more secure way.

FastSpring review by Administrator

"Easy to use credit card processing"

What do you like best?

Using fast spring as the back end credit card processor for my website alleviates all headaches and hassles of processing credit cards and dealing with refunds.

What do you dislike?

I would definitely like if there was a customer service phone number to speak to a representative in addition to email.

Credit card processing.

FastSpring review by Administrator in Computer Software

"The best payment service for small companies"

What do you like best?

Customer support is great, features are simple to use, you can be up and ready in no time. I also like the clean/modern design.

What do you dislike?

There are still some features missing that we'd like to see (eg. maybe a way to send a newsletter to our customers without using a 3rd party service)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Well worth it!

We make pro DJ mixing software and applications.

FastSpring review by Administrator in Health, Wellness and Fitness
Administrator in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Easy to work with and great customer support"

What do you like best?

How quick they reply to support concerns.

What do you dislike?

Interface seems unfriendly at first, but pretty quick to get used to.

Customer support issues. Having FastSpring helps a lot to eliminate concerns regarding the use of the store because our customers can reach out to them first and they solve on their end. In case they can't, that's the only time they revert to us.

FastSpring review by James C.
James C.

"Good entry level payment and subscription management solution"

What do you like best?

You don't need a merchant account or a payment gateway... which is the most difficult part about setting up alternative solutions. Fastspring also have fairly flexible ways to pay you (as the vendor).

What do you dislike?

Out of the box, the payments page that customers see looks a bit budget. Also, credit card charges will be from a fairly cryptic acronym rather than anything customers will clearly recognize as having come from your company. Pricing will also be quite a bit steeper than alternatives once you start to do any significant volume.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you come from some backwater where Stripe and Braintree aren't yet available, Fastspring is a good alternative to having to deal with the traditional (read agonizing) payment gateways.

Managing SaaS subscriptions and billing

FastSpring review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"A great and simple solution"

What do you like best?

What I like is how simple it is to create, configure and manage products in the store, as well as the possibility of testing through the Store Testing.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, I'm very happy with all the service

My company sell products world wide and the biggest benefit is the tax collection according to every country.

FastSpring review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Unbeatable customer service"

What do you like best?

Fastspring's customer service is incredible

What do you dislike?

fastspring is fairly expensive i'd rather pay less

I needed a payment solution for my SAAS

FastSpring review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Works well, very responsive"

What do you like best?

Clean simple interface, well documented integration with license services

What do you dislike?

does not support reseller partner options for subscriptions

outsourced ecommerce, pci compliance

FastSpring review by User in Environmental Services
User in Environmental Services

"Very positive experience"

What do you like best?

Simplicity of the system. Timely payments.

What do you dislike?

At this moment there is nothing I dislike

I sell software in the whole world without the complexity to manage VAT rules for different countries. A lot of time saved avoiding to prepare the invoices for each customer.

FastSpring review by Consultant in Graphic Design
Consultant in Graphic Design

"Good solution for sale of content"

What do you like best?

Setting up the "store" was easy and within a few minutes products were ready for sale.

What do you dislike?

Would like the site to update currency exchange rates so I didn't have to periodically check and manually correct them all.

Sale of intellectual content (artwork/design).

FastSpring review by Executive Sponsor in Computer Software
Executive Sponsor in Computer Software

"FastSpring is our partner"

What do you like best?

FastSpring has great customer support (and support when we have problems). They're responsive and helpful.

What do you dislike?

We wish their store had more customization and flexibility for design and features.

Selling apps to customers. Benefits like discount coupons, promotions, and localized currency.

"fs review"

What do you like best?

the backoffice, it's very complete and easy to use

What do you dislike?

some little things in the frontoffice (shop)

ecommerce

invoicing

FastSpring review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Why I recommend FastSpring!"

What do you like best?

There are a couple of things that make FastSpring exceptional: 1) They have terrific customer service, and 2) their platform is very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Can't think of anything I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend FastSpring. Their customer service is the best I've ever experienced, and their platform meet all of our needs.

FastSpring review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"FastSpring Review"

What do you like best?

FastSpring has tremendous customer service. Their support team is extremely knowledgeable and very responsive.

What do you dislike?

The don't allow sales of physical product.

Learn more about FastSpring

FastSpring Videos

Learning about FastSpring?

* We monitor all FastSpring reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.