G2 Crowd Acquires Siftery to Create a New Way to Buy and Manage Software Spend ūüöÄ
FastSpring

FastSpring

FastSpring is a complete e-commerce solution for billing and payments specifically designed to meet the needs of software, subscription management, SaaS, and other online service companies.

Work for FastSpring?

Learning about FastSpring?

FastSpring Reviews

Ask FastSpring a Question
Showing 77 FastSpring reviews
FastSpring review by Daryl W.
Daryl W.
View Original

"FastSpring Is The King of e-Commerce!"

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about FastSpring
FastSpring review by Ioannis S.
Ioannis S.

"Top full service e-commerce platform!"

What do you like best?

The most important feature (for me) of Fastspring.com has been that I can use one single platform for the complete trajectory of my e-commerce activities. Set up has been quick and easy, the FAQ section is complete and understandable. When something has not been clear (not very often actually, but still) there has been a very prompt and informed personal reaction from their side. 24/7 there, ready to help. Never had a problem, either with the platform or a customer with my e-shop.

What do you dislike?

The new interface, although simplified, more beautiful and clearer, seemed to miss a save-button when I lately tried to add a product in my e-shop. It might, though, be me as I didn't read any instructions before its use (yet). I had to go back to the old interface for that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need an e-commerce provider without the hassle and troubles that accompany this kind of business service, Fastspring.com is the place to be!

My greatest benefits by using Fastspring.com is their quality of service, the time savings together with speed and safety of transactions.

What Subscription Management solution do you use?

FastSpring review by Craig H.
Craig H.

"Best Ecommerce platform"

What do you like best?

Their product fulfillment features makes it virtually impossible for visitors to your site to get your product without paying for it first. Their api lets you work transparently behind the scene to update your database in the background and is never seen by any of your buyers.

Also worth mentioning is their support which is top rated.

What do you dislike?

Integrating with your site is a bit involved and you will need to have a fair bit of technical knowledge to get the system up and running. When I created my first product with FastSpring on their classic platform I found it was easier then. That being said, once their system is integrated with yours, you never have to do anything else again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended

Once-off payment solutions as well as subscriptions are a snap once integrated with your site. FastSpring pay out on time (more often than not, they actually pay out a day or two ahead of time). Their support staff is top notch, always quick to respond and knowledgeable when it comes commerce.

I have used them for over two years and will never look back. I have been selling online for more than 15 years and to date this is the best commerce platform I have ever used. They are trustworthy and reliable. Once your site is integrated with FastSpring, you don't have to ever do anything else. It Just works and it works well.

FastSpring review by Josh B.
Josh B.

"Great Payment Service Provider (with room for improvement)"

What do you like best?

We are selling our software online through the store that FastSpring provides. We love the platform and the solution. But the dashboard usability could definitely use some improvements. It's getting there but slower than we'd all want.

What do you dislike?

The UI of the their new dashboard. Maybe it's because we're used to the classic dashboard (which is still available) but they did move all of the options to the new dashboard that were available previously. This made our transition into the new dashboard very long and confusing. There are still some tasks that make me use both dashboard to get it done.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great but please be aware that if you're also looking for the proper affiliate set up, you'll need to use their partner dashboard from Impact Radius. This creates some clutter whereas we'd expect 1 place to manage all of your e-commerce and affiliates.

We solve the problem of letting users purchase our software legally through a safe payment system that they can trust. FastSpring has been around for long enough to be trusted. The team behind FastSpring is very responsive, so any problem that we may have related to e-commerce, FastSpring is there to help us.

FastSpring review by Erna D.
Erna D.

"A good assistant to our business"

What do you like best?

I am satisfied with the price and security of FastSpring. They have been on the market for a long time and have proven themselves well. We have been working with them for many years and are very satisfied. The sale of our applications and packages was simple and reliable due to the FastSpring payment verification.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes links to downloading a product do not work - these complaints come from customers. One more insignificant remark from them: some clients could not figure out where to enter the advertising coupon, but this does not prevent the transaction from taking place. Besides this, I have no complaints - everything suits me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to sell your products on the Internet and not worry about the tasks of the backup office, then FastSpring is the right choice for you. They have incredible support, which quickly and very easily solves all problems. You can simply create your product in your system, and then sell it on your website to your customers.

My main task was to sell my product to customers. FastSpring gave me the opportunity to do this without creating my own online store without getting a seller's account and not processing a large number of tax zones.

FastSpring review by Zenia B.
Zenia B.

"A quality platform for digital commerce"

What do you like best?

Payments are just a small part of what FastSpring can offer you. FastSpring supports many payment methods and has a lot of multycurrency support. Also, it easily adapts to input languages and prices anywhere in the world. Excellent analytical capabilities.

What do you dislike?

We had failures when customers could not follow links. The failure has passed by itself and I hope it will not happen again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Creating a digital store can take a lot of time, and maintenance can be stressful. FastSpring makes this process as easy as possible. I think the program is more competitive in its segment, and the price is lower than that of others. From the first day of work in this program, you will realize that you have not made a mistake in your choice.

Honestly, I was skeptical about the work of FastSpring, but then I saw that it allows us to earn money and realized that I was wrong. Cooperation with FastSpring will allow us to focus on the more important things of our business. Now I advise this service for my —Āolleges, as I'm sure they will appreciate the good quality of FastSpring.

FastSpring review by Bogdan D.
Bogdan D.

"Great solution for companies that sell products & earn 50k/month"

What do you like best?

I like the pricing and security of FastSpring. They have been on the market for a long time. We've worked with them for 6 years now. And selling our apps and bundles has been very easy and secure with FastSpring's payment checkout.

What do you dislike?

We dislike the outdated features in the dashboard. There are a custom exports that we are interested in doing at the end of the month. But the dashboard which FastSpring has is a little bit outdated. Event hough they call it "new dashboard" ‚Äď many export features that other competitors have, FastSpring doesn't have it.

Another thing we'd like to have FastSpring approved ‚Äď Affiliates. They are using Impact Radius as their affiliate service provider. But we'd like to have it all in one system to avoid any confusion. We want FastSpring to just handle all of our affiliates, split pays, etc.. And they somehow do this, but it's going through another company (ImpactRadius) which doesn't seem necessary to us.

We sell software for Mac and Windows. And FastSpring handles our store where we sell licenses.

They provide Pop-up checkout and general checkout. This includes handling all taxes and credit card fees.

We really like that it's a secure checkout. And all of our customers are very happy with the smooth transaction procedure that FastSpring provides. Even though we did customize the checkout to look as if it's part of our website.

FastSpring review by Rodney H.
Rodney H.

"The best for those who have specific needs"

What do you like best?

I like the amount of customization I have at a reasonable price point. There are simpler systems out there but they lack customization. There are more customizable systems as well but they are more expensive. Also it is AWESOME that FastSPring takes care of taxes especially with the new MOSS rules. Also the customer service is outstanding.

What do you dislike?

The system is a little complex and not the most user friendly, but the customer service helps close that gap.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need customization at a reasonable price this is the place to go.

FastSpring allows me to sell my digital content along side my physical content and to do so in a way that manages taxes for me. This is a huge win for me.

FastSpring review by Matej M.
Matej M.

"Easy to understand and work with"

What do you like best?

It's not just about being able to accept payments for stuff you sell. In FastSpring I can easily add a new product to sell, even create bundles of products or subscription products. It's an easy process. Multi-currency support and a number of payment options is welcome. You can easily manage orders of your products and even make refunds. In addition FastSpring offers you a fraud protection. When you need help you can easily contact their support team which is always very fast to reply and even helpful. What I see as a cherry on the cake is that FastSpring acts as your back office.

What do you dislike?

There's really nothing to dislike apart from transaction fees that could be at least 25% lower. Other than that I'm happy with this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking to sell your products online and don't want to worry about back office tasks FastSpring is the right choice for you. They have an incredible support that is fast and very helpful (and friendly too!). It's simple to create add your product in their system and then sell it on your website to your customers.

We're selling a number of products on our website and we needed an easy system to manage the order we get. It also does the finances reporting which proved to be very useful. Using FastSpring allows us to focus on our product more than we could without using it. Thanks to FastSpring we can sell worldwide too since their service makes it simple.

FastSpring review by Mathias R.
Mathias R.

"Everything just works - a very reliable subscription management platform."

What do you like best?

I like that everything just works. The control panel is very fast and response. I am using Fastspring's subscription features for our OCR API platform, and its regular, classic shopping cart features for the web automation and desktop automation software we sell. The setup has been a breeze in both cases - and since then it just works.

We are using FastSpring for more then two years now, and there has been no downtime or other technical issues.

The few times I had to contact Fastspring tech support with a question, the answers were fast (same day) and useful.

What do you dislike?

The reporting section is easy to use, but I miss some of the more detailed reporting options that some for the other platforms offer.

Fastspring powers the backend of our the subscription billing. Plus, we use Fastspring as classic e-commerce service for the web automation and desktop automation software we develop and sell.

FastSpring review by Eugene D.
Eugene D.

"Hand to hand with FastSpring"

What do you like best?

I like that kind of software, the FastSpring ecommerce platform offers quite a lot of functionality and is easy to integrate. So fast customize online store through the FastSpring dashboard. Very nice and easy.

What do you dislike?

How to say it correct. I'm using FastSpring and there has been no downtime or other technical issues. I guess that means a lot. Thanks for that powerful platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its the best one, FastSpring platform supports all kinds of subscription. Will localize your trade automatically, from language and prices, to currency and other topic preferences.

Wonderful work with it. All my team and I like so much. It's very flexible and clear. In one word all can use with no problems at all. We like how fast it is.

FastSpring review by Tolga Y. .
Tolga Y. .

"I am very glad that we are using FastSpring in our business"

What do you like best?

FastSpring is very easy to setup. We integrated it to our products in a day and our business was running in a couple of days. Easy API integration, which allows us to keep records of customers, orders, etc is probably the best feature for us. We are also very fond of FastSpring since it enabled us to offer many payment methods to our customer base.

Moreover, FastSpring offers many other options for your e-commerce. You may offer a subscription based service or product to your customers. FastSpring handles the auto-payment and subscription processes smoothly. It is also possible to track the subscriptions customers privately, by using API integration. For any product, you may also setup volume pricing, discounts, coupon codes, etc.

What do you dislike?

We haven't come across any major problems with FastSpring and when we do have a problem, the support team helped us through it.

On the other hand, I would say that setting up a store page for your products is not that trivial if you are looking for a custom design. Especially designing a payment site that looks similar to your own web page is somewhat difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend FastSpring to everyone who is looking to start a e-commerce site. It's definitely worth a try!

By using FastSpring, we are able to accept multiple payment methods easily. It also helped us greatly for keeping customer records and sale statistics.

FastSpring review by Bill R.
Bill R.

"Great alternative to your own online store and merchant account"

What do you like best?

- they process the payments

- they handle all sales taxes

- they support per-product, per-email, and per-use coupons

- they can present activation codes or other keys at the end of the sale

- support for ordering issues is fast and accurate

What do you dislike?

- The user interface can be confusing. Granted, it has to handle a lot of functions and features.

- On one or two occasions I've received less than helpful support, such as "Why would you want xml in an e-mail?"

- Can't use pre-existing coupons

Recommendations to others considering the product

I set up an online store with a merchant account and payment gateway for another company. I don't think it's worth the time and effort, but for some sales volumes it could probably save money.

I needed to let customers purchase my products. FastSpring let me do that without having to build my own online store, get a merchant account and payment gateway, and handle a dazzling number of tax zones.

FastSpring review by David S.
David S.

"FastSpring License Key Generation Features & Customer Service"

What do you like best?

First, FastSpring has outstanding customer service. I have used other providers in which it took a long time to receive any response. This has never been the case with FastSpring. if I have a tough problem I often have multiple responses to my various questions within the same day.

Getting paid twice per month.

It is a much better for cash flow purposes to see the revenue being available in a timely manner.

Their product features have made it relatively easy for me to set up my own CGI scripting for generating and checking license keys within my products.

What do you dislike?

There are times when it might be nice to have an online chat feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It looks like FastSpring will be be one of the launch partners for Apple's new web based version of ApplePay. I look forward to the availability of this new feature. I use ApplePay everywhere I can in physical stores, and I think that it will help with online sales also.

FastSpring has solved my E-Commerce issues for 2 companies I run.

I don't have to worry about handling the fraud processing on my own, they take care of it for me. They also take care of charging/sending VAT payments to the various government agencies.

I also use the Purchase Order payment features.

I have not yet used the Subscription Management feature, but I might consider using this feature in the future.

FastSpring review by Serge S.
Serge S.

"Reliable and Constantly Improving e-Commerce Platform"

What do you like best?

We utilize FastSpring as the payment processor for our subscription-based payment model since 2012. FastSpring's interface is very user friendly and the order management page is very convenient when compared to another e-commerce system we use. I especially like the fact that you can adjust Quantity on an active order, update the Auto-Renewal date, and order total (applying coupons to active orders, etc). This saves so much time being able to make these adjustments yourself rather than contacting tech support.

- The customer support team is always responsive and helpful in addressing various minor questions/issues that occur.

- Efficient and prompt processing of manual (PO) orders and checks

- Reliable processing of credit card orders and very few authorization failures

What do you dislike?

One minor improvement that I can suggest concerns reporting:

It would be nice to generate a report of Monthly Expected Revenue based on recurring orders within each month and remaining expected recurring revenue within current month. Currently, the Expected Revenue report only provides a total for the next 30-day period.

Our company develops and sells a remote desktop software (FixMe.IT) and FastSpring handles new and recurring subscription orders. FastSpring provides us with a reliable payment gateway for globally processing and collecting customer payments, thereby allowing us to concentrate on other areas of our daily business operations.

FastSpring review by Vivek M.
Vivek M.

"Awesome product for startups"

What do you like best?

The best thing about FastSpring is that they support any country. Allows PayPal as withdrawal method

What do you dislike?

No way to charge extra charges for the subscription. For example, I can not provide pay per use plan with FastSpring. Also, proration is kind of weird where they refund a certain amount and then charge the remaining instead of just charging a difference. Pricing is very high compared to other payment providers, but worth it if you're from countries where other payment providers do not provide services.

Very easy to handle subscriptions with FastSpring. Not much of a setup is required.

FastSpring review by Craig A.
Craig A.

"Coursuite FastSrping Subscriptions System"

What do you like best?

Being new to the subscription service of Fastspring has been an easy implementation process with plenty of support. They have been patient while we have been hard at work developed our services to link into their system. They have been timely in helping us and we're finding client discrepancies easy to resolve via their dashboard.

What do you dislike?

We would like Australian taxation support added to the services

Easy to user subscription procurement services. Notification services which are easy to manage and are flexible allowing us to manage our own site as well as other third party ancillary sites like Mail-chimp.

FastSpring review by Administrator

"FastSpring is Great"

What do you like best?

We wanted a completely automated easy to use e-commerce solution and FastSpring fit the bill. We've been on FastSpring for 6 years now and have never regretted it. They interface seamlessly to our licence provider and take care of everything from purchases, to getting the relevant license information to the customer.

Checking orders and issuing the inevitable refunds are a snap.

What do you dislike?

Actually we have no complaints with FastSpring.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It works, it's easy to use and they're easy to deal with.

The entire purchase process is handled efficiently and results in peace of mind.

FastSpring review by Paul C.
Paul C.

"FastSpring is a reliable ecommerce partner"

What do you like best?

Great feature set, reliable, and very responsive support.

When I originally evaluated eCommerce providers back in 2012 I did a comprehensive scan of the current providers vs implementing my own ecommerce system.

FastSpring stood out back then due to features, integration, and UX/CX.

They have been a reliable partner since then.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally product download links don't work, as reported by my customers

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quality and responsiveness of support is always a good indicator of how much a company cares about their product/service

I need the ability to sell desktop apps directly to customers instead of being forced to go through an appstore with their typically high 30% fee cut, which is a huge bite out an independent developers income stream.

FastSpring review by Alex W.
Alex W.

"FastSpring Has Been a Very Reliable Platform for Selling my Ebooks"

What do you like best?

FastSpring is very reliable. When a customer orders one of my books, FastSpring handles the download and charges any applicable taxes, no matter what country the customer is located in. FastSpring also checks for indicia of fraud to ensure the payment is secure. One of the best features is that FastSpring's support staff deals with customer inquiries, as well as my own questions, very quickly and intelligently.

What do you dislike?

On occasion, a customer does not receive download links after placing an order, though it's never clear if that is a problem originating with FastSpring or with the customer's computer network.

I sell printed versions and ebook versions of the books I publish. With FastSpring, I have been able to sell the ebooks directly from my own website, relying on FastSpring to handle all technical issues involving download links and collection of payments, including taxes where applicable. Therefore, I do not have to worry about any of the technical issues, and can concentrate on publishing books.

FastSpring review by Sanjeev K.
Sanjeev K.

"Excellent Support and service"

What do you like best?

Best Support team, who are always ready to assist you in anyway, feels like dealing with them personally.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far. They are simply excellent

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended

I sell services online worldwide and collecting payment was always a big issue, sometimes refunds were needed, VAT issues, Glad that after joining Fastsprig all those issues re resoled with their multiple methods of payments. Thank you Fastspring, highly recommended

FastSpring review by Dr. Andrew B.
Dr. Andrew B.

"Top marks for Startups to sell software & services online"

What do you like best?

Very easy to set up, you can have an e-commerce site up and running in less than a day. For that you get the ability to sell internationally via credit card, paypal, wire transfer and accept cheque without the need for a merchant bank or registering for VAT in the UK or EU. In other words, its a one-stop-shop for e-commerce particularly suited for software vendors and startups.

I also like the high level of service you get and the team are always wiling to help with issues and fast.

I recommend FastSpring to all my colleagues looking to start a software product business because of these points above.

What do you dislike?

To be honest, not a lot.

I now have to write a minimum of 40 chars ...

There, done.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure you set up notifications to put your orders in a database of your own.

That way you can have full control over how to market to existing customers for repeat business.

We've sold more than $1.5million USD of software licenses through FastSpring in 3 years. It literally made the difference between having a profitable startup or not, as the overall costs of implementing e-commerce, plus the high level of trust achieved with their platform, lead to good sales right from the start.

The API also allows

FastSpring review by David Y.
David Y.

"FastSpring supported my new business every step of the way."

What do you like best?

By far the most impressive aspect of working with FastSpring is that you pay for their service based on sales; not a monthly fee. This is extremely important to small businesses like mine that are just starting out and want to offer our customers early releases of our product. FastSpring's sales and technical support is simply excellent. The capabilities and features that FastSpring supports for their customers continues to grow and are very easy to learn how to use.

What do you dislike?

Some folks might be confused by the detail to which you have to define for your products. As a software engineer, this was not a big issue but it might have helped if they provided a sample set of product offerings that I could use to learn how things work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a cup of coffee and take your time. This thing is worth it.

I needed a means to offer my brand new software product online. I had no expectation of making much money in the short term and FastSpring did not insist that I have a certain volume of sales to get going. The main benefit so far is that their product works so well that I can recommend their service to other firms.

FastSpring review by Mike D.
Mike D.

"FastSpring has consistently allowed us to manage our sales flow and product offerings easily"

What do you like best?

The ability to sell products that are priced as a single license as well as those which use a subscription model. The ability to support both models as well as discounting has been a great help. The ability to also target any market globally has really allowed us to be a global company without the headaches normally associated with selling in many different countries.

What do you dislike?

While you can customise the look and feel of the sales experience it would be great if this was easier to achieve. It can feel clunky in trying to get the look and feel you are after.

Recommendations to others considering the product

FastSpring allows you to quickly get going with only sales without the need to be Merchant of Record but while giving you access to key payment methods. This along with its global reach and the solution also including a built in e-commerce capability means that for startups and small businesses the process is made even easier.

We needed a service that can sell globally, deal with international taxation and that provides flexibility in how we price and sell out apps. FastSpring has enabled us to achieve all of these items with the minimum of fuss.

FastSpring review by Vladimir R.
Vladimir R.

"One of best in the category"

What do you like best?

I worked or still working with several payment processors, but FastSpring is my number one choice. I like user friendly control panel, customization features and how responsive support is (not that I needed it often). I have relatively complex software licensing schema (standard/pro, single user/company, new/upgrade - any combination possible) and FastSpring proved more than capable supporting it, after some configuration. It is also very easy to customize look & feel to match a website and checkout page is uncluttered and simple.

What do you dislike?

Fees are not suitable for micro-payments. Also, it would be nice if it was allowed by TOS to use FastSpring for custom custom freelance work, not just products. One more minor note: few customers didn't manage to figure out where to enter promotional coupon, but that's not really a deal-breaker. Beyond that, I don't really have any complaints after two and half years of using.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In my experience, FastSpring is unmatched for software license sales. It might be a bit expensive for micro-payments and it doesn't support custom payments (for freelance work).

Some of my previous payment processors had problems with fraud checking (I received lot of complaints from customers), some doesn't support enough payment methods (PayPal mainly), and some just became too greedy. When I correspond with representatives, I get that feeling that they do care about customers. It might be a coincidence, but after switching to FastSpring, my conversion rates went a bit up.

FastSpring review by Executive Sponsor in Computer Software
Executive Sponsor in Computer Software

"Sell Subscriptions for our software product."

What do you like best?

Fastspring make it easy to set up products, and manage the API process to communicate with our licence software. We also appreciate that Fastspring takes care of the international tax issues for us.

What do you dislike?

The user interface can be a bit clunky and difficult to get around until you get used to it, but the help system works fine and you can find stuff eventually.

Managing the collection of subscriptions, including notification of new subscriptions, repeats, and non payments.

Managing tax.

Creating invoices.

FastSpring review by Thomas S.
Thomas S.

"Peace of mind and great support."

What do you like best?

FastSpring is a one stop shop and provides a lot more than other lower level payment providers. For example their support for pro-rating and discounts were things we did not even know could come in handy when we signed up and in the end did save us quite some implementation time.

Another thing we were very impressed about was how fast and competent FastSpring's support team is. Even in times when we asked arguably stupid questions they were super fast and to the point in their responses. It's great to know that you can grow with a platform and that's certainly the case with FastSpring.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to complain about so far (after 3 years of usage).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask other FastSpring users as well as people who went with another solution instead and compare their experiences and how much time and effort they spent on implementation and ongoing maintenance.

FastSpring is a one stop shop for us when it comes to receiving payments from our customers. It was easy to integrate and we never had to worry about that aspect of our business since then and could focus on other things. No one wants to spend weeks or even months on payment and related functionality (billing, discounts, refunds, …).

FastSpring review by Administrator in Music
Administrator in Music

"Many business givens are not catured for."

What do you like best?

Support is excellent, and the company is reliable and works.

What do you dislike?

I find the complete lack of any ability to have a 'the more you spend the greater the discount' system in place absolutely ludicrous. I mean in 2018 with internet shopping it is an absolute given that there should be an option that increases the discount based on the more someone spends. They have something in place that allows for you to set a single % discount, but there is no way to stagger that, so 20% is the discount no matter what the buyer spends...which in 2018 is ludicrous. I ahve mentione this numerous times to them ,but they don't listen.

They are handling my VAT to the EU and distributing my products links.

FastSpring review by Jan Karel P.
Jan Karel P.

"FastSpring makes selling software easy"

What do you like best?

The VAT handling is very useful to me and the main reason for signing up.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, I am perfectly happy with the current service

FastSPring makes it easy to sell software internationally because it handles all VAT for you.

FastSpring review by Shikhil S.
Shikhil S.

"Great support and a reliable solution."

What do you like best?

Fastspring just gets work done and is highly reliable. We are a SaaS company having customers around the globe requiring billing to be done monthly and in their local currency. FastSpring solves this problem seamlessly.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the interface of dashboard is a challenge to understand. Some features exist but aren't visible.

- Collecting payments in multiple currency

- Recurring payments

- Handling of tax/vat for each country

FastSpring review by Stephan L.
Stephan L.

"Excellent solution for electronic delivery of digital goods and EU VAT compliance"

What do you like best?

Once set up, FastSpring automatically takes care of everything for you: receiving the customer's payment, generating and sending the license key and invoice and declaring VAT (if required). It's a great solution if you'd rather spend your time on more productive activities. FastSpring is very friendly to small developers: no monthly fees (unless your account is abandoned) and very low payment thresholds. Their customer support is excellent.

What do you dislike?

Two things could still be improved: USD/EUR exchange rates were consistently worse than PayPal's. Also, the field where customers can enter their EU VAT number appears only after they've already entered their address and payment information, which can be confusing.

FastSpring takes care of the routine aspects of selling software internationally.

FastSpring review by Administrator in Computer Software

"One of the best ecommerce providers"

What do you like best?

Great flexibility and customizability, great support, user friendly control panel.

Integrates with 3rd parties such as Quick License Manager for license key distribution.

What do you dislike?

We'd like to see some additional reports for recurring revenue of subscription based products, per month, per quarter and per year.

Selling software online.

FastSpring does a great job at taking the tedious work out of selling your software online. We could have hired a full time employee to manage the sales and accounting process. Instead, we let FastSpring do most of the work for us. It's worth every penny.

FastSpring review by Isabella D.
Isabella D.

"The Best out of many!"

What do you like best?

Customer Service is more than helpful. Whoever you get to help you, well they go out of their way to find solutions or to answer your questions. I have been using ecommerce sites since Qwerks (do you remember them?); Plimus: emetrix; ccnow, etc. and I find FastSpring the best and I would never change to anyone else. I have been using ecommerce sites for more than 20 years.

What do you dislike?

I wish I had more time to learn about all of FastSprings rich features!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please use them. If you need their Customer Service to get started. DO NOT HESITATE! They are sincerely helpful and they consistently are happy to help you.

Seamless downloads and coding of products.

FastSpring review by MiloŇ° D.
MiloŇ° D.

"Very satisfied, reliable service"

What do you like best?

The service is reliable, Dashboard offers are all the options to required to manage online payments, subscription, refunds, discounts, etc. I like the new contextual dashboard too.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is hard to find / locate the order or subscription.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Reliable service, easy implementation, rich dashboard features, good analytics

Online payment processing, recurring subscriptions

FastSpring review by Paul V.
Paul V.

"Does what its supposed to do"

What do you like best?

Variety of payment options for customers

What do you dislike?

Dashboard looks terrible - also quite inflexible at times w. coupons, refunds, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In particular useful for cross-border payments - may make your account troublesome (since invoices don't come from end-clients but Fastspring instead)

Cross border payments - receiving money from Brazil to Hong Kong

FastSpring review by Lawrence H.
Lawrence H.

"A robust, well maintained and serviced merchant processing and subscription management solution"

What do you like best?

Good reporting, nice visuals, a comprehensive API, good customer experience.

What do you dislike?

The UI for looking at individual orders is a little wonky, and there's a learning curve. Not an extreme learning curve, but it's not always intuitive.

Selling plug-ins for an Adobe application. I've experienced better subscription retention rates.

FastSpring review by Consultant in Architecture & Planning
Consultant in Architecture & Planning

"FastSpring is a fast and responsible partner for our business."

What do you like best?

The main quality That We consider in FastSpring is its reliability which we have been perceiving in the use of services over time. Everything works perfectly as contracted, customers have a quick answer and when we need any support from the technical support we are promptly attended.

What do you dislike?

A point that we think requires improvement is the interface to the formatting process of the sales page, which could be more intuitive and well explained, including some practical examples for each case and possibility.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please include pratical examples in setup sales pages processing, showing all potential of the software in different needs.

We are not a software development company but we have created a program which we decided to put on the market. So FastSpring has solved our software sales issues by creating the bridge with buyers.

FastSpring review by Oliver B.
Oliver B.

"Comprehensive, modern E-Commerce solution for software vendors"

What do you like best?

Modern technology, fast support, clean UI.

What do you dislike?

Some details of the new platform are not there yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it!

We've reduced the effort of bookkeeping by reducing the amount of transactions that end up in our books through consolidation via FastSpring. FastSpring takes care of the the payment process, VAT and sales taxes and has a nice integration with a powerful affiliate management platform.

FastSpring review by User

"Top Service"

What do you like best?

FastSpring brings to the table everything they promised - simplicity, friendliness and fast service. Selling with them can start immediately and they make things easy. For European companies it's important to collect VAT taxes properly to avoid problems later on.

FastSpring will do that job for you unlike most competitors.

What do you dislike?

No help promoting my products.

They make selling SaaS products as easy as possible.

FastSpring review by Miroslav B.
Miroslav B.

"A Wonderful Service"

What do you like best?

I really like the way FastSpring works. It's very easy to create new products, add order fulfilment, manage orders, resend orders and so on. There's really nothing I would change. Even their support is awesome and they usually reply within few hours.

What do you dislike?

There's actually nothing to dislike from my side. I would add a BitCoin payment support but I was told it'll come soon so I'm fine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out. You will not regret that.

It helps us to send keys to our customers and it's a very good solution for doing so.

FastSpring review by Mathew E.
Mathew E.

"FastSpring simplifies taxes and fraud risks!"

What do you like best?

FastSpring more or less eliminates the nightmare of international tax (VAT) compliance. Their risk management system and the fact that you can process refunds without additional fees makes sales simple and intuitive. For the most part, it hit works. I also appreciate the additional customization options, although I wish they were better documented.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes orders don't go through or customers complain of issues during the checkout process, and it is difficult if not impossible to troubleshoot them.

Eliminating complexity of building and maintaining a payment processing stack has been huge, allowing me to focus on product development instead.

FastSpring review by Chris S.
Chris S.

"Fantastic Service and Support"

What do you like best?

If I ever had a question, they are very prompt at getting back to me with either a solution or suggestion to solve my question.

What do you dislike?

Have not experienced anything so far in many years of partnership.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a quality company who does what they say they will, look no further.

3rd Party payment processing

FastSpring review by Chris H.
Chris H.

"Great support and great checkout page customizations."

What do you like best?

The speed of customer support. I don't need it often but when I do, they are quick to reply and resolve problems faster than any service I use.

What do you dislike?

I wish they had an app for stat tracking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it, it's a great company that will help you out every step of the way from initial setup to ongoing use.

They enable me to sell across the globe, take care of state and EU taxes for me, and enable me to offer CD backup services to my customers.

FastSpring review by Anke H.
Anke H.

"Fastspring is making my life easy. They take care of everything and offer great support."

What do you like best?

I love that Fastspring takes care of managing different currencies, taxes and payment methods. I also love the support. Whenever I or one of my customers have a question Fastspring takes care of it quickly.

What do you dislike?

I don't really dislike anything. Sometimes I wish I could use Fastspring for physical products as well although I perfectly understand why that's not possible

I'm able to offer top level service to my customers who come from all parts of the world - in their language and currency.

FastSpring review by Farshad M.
Farshad M.

"A solid e-commerce partner for software publishers"

What do you like best?

The integration API is very good. It gives you lots of option to customize handling online purchases. Notification system is simple and functional.

What do you dislike?

Online store should offer more modern looking and responsive themes.

We sell online software libraries. The payment system works like a clock. They pay you on time with no delay.

FastSpring review by Louise F.
Louise F.

"Great platform for payment processing"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the dashboard and the ability to process refunds and invoices quickly and easily.

What do you dislike?

The customer service used to be excellent but recently wait times have increased and the support isn't as good as it used to be.

We use FS as a payment processor. The ability to create invoices with payment links is really useful.

FastSpring review by umar b.
umar b.

"Such A Wonderful Platform with great customer support"

What do you like best?

Simplicity in usage and advance features.

What do you dislike?

Not having an api for digital subscriptions and license verification.

The most problem fastspring solves for me is easy checkouts and easy payments.

FastSpring review by Nir D.
Nir D.

"Very good service with great support"

What do you like best?

Very simple and fast to start getting payments

Easy to use but powerful system

Very good technical and customer support

I use them for over 5 years and never really had a problem

What do you dislike?

More report types related to subscription would be nice

Collecting paymmets from customers

FastSpring review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Best payment processor I've used"

What do you like best?

- Ease of use

- VAT handling for EU transactions has saved me loads of time

- Very few rejected payments

- Many payment methods accepted

- Never had communications issue to my server

- Multi language and currencies

What do you dislike?

- Fees a little high

- Have to set up a product to issue a one-off invoice

- Payouts only bi-monthly

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it. You won't regret it!

Consolidated all my payment methods into one place and solved the accounting headache of EU VAT rules.

FastSpring review by Pat S.
Pat S.

"Mobile Web Developer/Photographer"

What do you like best?

Very affective way to sell digital products

What do you dislike?

Help menus need work. Adding a more comprehensive explanation would aid in the setup and implementation of the FastSpring service

Recommendations to others considering the product

Offer a more comprehensive Help section for all area of the service. Video demos are ideal. Step by step setup and configuration will help get users up and running much quicker.

Cost effective way of delivering digital content. Very reasonable price for service offered

Learn more about FastSpring

FastSpring Videos

Learning about FastSpring?

* We monitor all FastSpring reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.