FastStone Capture

4.7

FastStone Capture is a powerful, lightweight, yet full-featured screen capture tool and screen video recorder.

Work for FastStone Capture?

Learning about FastStone?

Compare FastStone Capture to Similar Solutions

FastStone Capture Reviews

Showing 22 FastStone reviews
FastStone review by yubyzay yarahi m.
yubyzay yarahi m.

"simple, practical and intuitive image capture software that we should all have"

What do you like best?

What I like the most about FastStone is how easy and practical it is to make an image capture on my computer, to have different ways to capture, I can capture it in a personalized way, selecting all or part of the image I want to have, I like that I can after capturing the image edit it quickly with the editor that comes with the program, which has the basic functions of capture editing, since you can resize the capture, place text in different ways, place objects to the images, add watermarks to your captures and in this way customize without the need to use additional programs, it should be noted that the program is completely free for personal use.

What do you dislike?

what I like the least is that the program does not have support for several languages, which can be inconvenient when taking advantage of all the functions of the program, since the language can sometimes be a limitation to take advantage of it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend the program because with it you can make captures quickly and efficiently, captures can be edited and added more personalization details thanks to the built-in capture editor, on the other hand it is important to emphasize that the program does not consume almost the equipment's memory, its operation does not cause problems, it has no crashes of any kind, it is fast but above all it does not occupy almost space in the hard disk, since it is a very light program, it is necessary to emphasize that the program is free for personal use.

the program has allowed me to speed up working time, since I usually do many captures, and thanks to the simple and immediate program to capture, I have time for other activities, this is thanks to the fact that I have an editor incorporated, in which once the capture is made I can make the changes and additions to the image that are necessary.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about FastStone Capture
FastStone review by Daniel O.
Daniel O.

"the best and simplest application for the capture of iamgenes in the pc "

What do you like best?

the application has several positive aspects, among which we have, simple installation and from a download file that does not have large size, it has several options of capturing images which makes it very versatile for it, it does not consume system resources, Once the image has been captured, you can edit it in a photo editor that incorporates the program, making it a complete muu option with respect to other similar programs. Additionally, it has several options for sending the capture, so you can send it to the clipboard, to the printer or other preferred application.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to find something negative, however we can say that it would be convenient that the program has support for several languages, since it only has very few, limiting the scope of the application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I tell everyone to use this application, it is a completely gratituita application for personal use and the commercial license is real economically, on the other hand you will see how your work will be done faster thanks to the capture editor that has the program, besides not It consumes system resources, which makes working with FastStone capture really a great experience. It is important to emphasize that the application has a very small interface, so that it does not hinder the work that is being done.

The benefits of the program have been very useful and since its implementation, making a capture is too easy, besides editing it is really very simple so that it has allowed to save working time in the basic editions, thanks to the image editor that it has.

What Screen and Video Capture solution do you use?

FastStone review by Mhorys  Minnelly G.
Mhorys Minnelly G.

"making an image capture has never been so easy and with so many options"

What do you like best?

Capturing images of the screen is really very easy, what I like the most is the variety of options to do it, you have the common options however you added more capture options that were needed and other applications did not have it, since from the same application I can send directly to the programs that I usually use, which makes the work on the computer more dynamic.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that the trial version lasts only 30 days, since it might work with some basic functions once it expires in time, and the family plan is somewhat expensive, since it only covers 5 computers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend that if you want a screen capture application, simple, that occupies very little space on the hard drive, easy to use, then that you use FasStone Capture, since you will notice the difference, your work will be faster, and you will even be able to capture video if it becomes necessary. the most outstanding is its own application of image editing, which brings the most important functions to modify the captured image, so you will not have to install another additional application, since FastStone has it all

since I have the application work making the capture of images is much easier, since I send directly to word or power point the captured image, where later I end up modifying it, and helped me to gain a little more time and render at the time of the realization of some document.

FastStone review by Leonardo Jose P.
Leonardo Jose P.

"faststone for capturing my custom images "

What do you like best?

Faststone is a simple but powerful software, I love that I can capture images quickly, and has several capture modes, which allows you to send the capture to the clipboard, save locally, or open an image editor in which you can customize even more the captured image, the application is great for those fast captures in which you need to increase productivity, it is completely free and occupies very little system resources.

What do you dislike?

although faststone is great I must mention that not being able to capture videos with the application is disappointing, it would be good if I had an option for fast capture of videos, since today in my work I need to make small video captures, and I must use another application to perform that task.

Recommendations to others considering the product

that if you need to capture images quickly, and that you have several capture modes that use this application, since it is really effective and has a built-in editor for quick changes, you also have to place custom watermarks, and different capture modes which represent a different and novel way of capturing images, as a graphic designer I highly recommend this application.

since I use the application the productivity has increased, previously I used other programs but they did not offer good options, with faststone I have the necessary options and the leftovers for the fast and powerful capture of images that I use daily in my work, particularly has become a fundamental tool since I make many captures for my design work, I usually use the option that allows me to place a watermark on the images, saving me a lot of time in comparison with other programs I used previously.

FastStone review by Matthew H.
Matthew H.

"Great Screen Capture Software"

What do you like best?

Ability to capture more than just one desktop or window

Ability to save file as JPEG, BMP, PDF, TIFF, PNG,

Ability to draw on screen grabs.

Ability to further crop screen grabs

Ability to copy the screen grab and paste into an email

Ability to record the screen as well

Ability to set shortcut keys depending on the type of capture you'd like to perform.

It really is a good value vs performance based screen capture software that even the most inexperienced users can quickly adapt to using

What do you dislike?

The inability to capture interactive menus in the middle of a selection. Typically I have do do a print screen of the entire desktop and then further crop the window to what I need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is far better than the snipping tool and well forth the $20 for the lifetime license. I definitely think this offers a great value for features compared to other more expensive competitors such as SnagIt

I do a lot of instructions/how to for users and with the ability to send them screen grabs of what they need to do, has helped lessened confusion and increase the speed at which users can solve issues without having me to physically visit them. This allows me to We purchased this for all of our foreman, so if they run into issues on computers out in the shop, they can quickly screen capture what they need to show someone.

FastStone review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

"FastStone Capture Review"

What do you like best?

I love FastStone Capture because of its ease of use! I use this tool daily to send out screenshots as tutorials to help end users with their IT needs. The tool allows me to mark and draw on my screenshot, allowing me to add shapes and text to further demonstrate the details I am trying to convey. I love this tool and it is easily the best screenshot application i have used to date.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could change the feature that follows the mouse pointer. Changing the color or shape of the highlight would be great.I love the feature to draw on the screenshot but it would be great to create a screencast with customized colors and shapes. I also would love to see a feature that allows me to edit videos I create by trimming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This application is great! I believe it is only for Windows though so I would suggest to users to be sure they are using it for a Windows device only and not a Mac. This application definitely outperforms any stock screenshot applications that your computer may have.

I am able to send out screenshot examples to illustrate my points. It makes understanding much smoother over online communications! I am able to mark up and write text explaining my point on the screenshots I take and the files are exported from FastStone Capture quickly and efficiently. I am able to say so much more with the screenshots I send out versus simply responding to end users in text-only responses. I leave FastStone Capture on throughout my day and constantly take screenshots. The application also allows me to create custom names for the files that are exported which is great for keeping my files organized and easy to find when I am trying to retrieve them quickly. I recommend FastStone Capture to all my coworkers and have told them that this is by far the best screenshot application out there.

FastStone review by Valerie C.
Valerie C.

"Awesome Fast and Done!"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to capture in a variety of ways. Capture just a snip of something. Scroll capture a webpage for a colleague and highlight items of interest. I love being able to capture and email a problem, a solution,, a whatever to anyone. It is the ultimate visualize tool without all the learning curve. Speaking of learning curves, I use the video capture to document workflow for software for coworkers and myself on programs or workflows I don't use very often.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of any thing I dislike except I have not put it on my personal laptop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend to anyone with a computer. It maybe a tool you don't think you would use very oftern and perhaps not worth the price, but I have converted other who saw it as only a PrintScrn tool into, Wow, look what I can do and it was easy. Just a top rate communication tool as much as anything else you might call it.

It solves the what are you seeing? and Is this what you need question?. It is a way to share items that may come to my inbox, but may have geographically interest to others. I can just clip and send their Area of Interest and this creates a more palatable read when you don't have to pick through other items.

FastStone review by Carlton H.
Carlton H.

"Lightweight Screen Capture with Good Editing"

What do you like best?

The software seems to run very lightweight in the background, meaning it doesn't bog down the computer at all but it very responsive whenever I press the hotkeys to capture the screen. There are a lot of options available for how you'd like to capture the screen (mouse or no mouse for example) and then there's a pretty rich editing software available once you have captured the screenshot.

What do you dislike?

There's not much I don't dislike about the software but one thing that's a little bit of a pain is how Capture creates tabs for each screenshot. It's not terrible but I'd like options for how multiple captures are handled. Maybe have a tiled view with thumbnails or something of the sort. I also can't really tell if the lines showing the boundary of the capture are covering up pixels that are included or if it only captures inside the boundary lines.

Recommendations to others considering the product

After a little bit of use FastStone Capture will feel extremely easy to use and being forced to use other screen capture tools (including the Microsoft built-in tool I had to use to get the screenshot for the review) will seem very cumbersome and lacking.

I have to take screenshots of software prototypes quite often to send to clients for review and I also use it to capture the state of control software whenever a client is running into issues. So it's great for troubleshooting as well as teaching/sharing.

FastStone review by Emmanuel H.
Emmanuel H.

"IMHO, The best windows screen capture"

What do you like best?

Extremely lightweight, fast. Awesome in-built editing. crop, annotate, copy. This is completely un-biased review. I tried a few expensive paid screen capture software, and I fell in love with Faststone Capture.

Awesome video capture too.

What do you dislike?

I've found nothing to dislike about this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give it a go. I tried a bunch of more expensive software before finding faststone capture. Never looked back.

Super-fast. I've used the video capture to do screen-casting and video tutorials. Love the zoom-in-out feature while video recording.

FastStone review by Scott T.
Scott T.

"So easy to use"

What do you like best?

The ease of use is astounding. This screen capture system will do anything you want it to do...add text, cut, paste, highlight, add shapes, freeform, whatever you need.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I don't like is that it doesn't automatically save when you close out of it. You must make sure to save before hand.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not hesitate, go ahead and jump in with both feet!

It is now so easy to take pictures when dealing with vendors and then send them inline text pointing out exactly what you need from them or what problems you are experiencing.

FastStone review by Shailaja S.
Shailaja S.

"Amazing Capture tool"

What do you like best?

Option to capture selective windows is great. It also captures scrolling windows efficiently. Wide range of mark up and highlighting tools. Screen recording is of very good quality. Writing text on the captured images. Save as pdf or JPEG is nice feature it has.

What do you dislike?

Writing text on the captured image is not very good quality. Free hand tool can be little improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the awesome tool to be used for multi purpose tasks. I have been making use of it from last 4 years.

Screen capture and action recording. Very good tool.

FastStone review by John S.
John S.

"Absolutely fantastic"

What do you like best?

I like that I can draw on pictures, not just screenshots, but also pictures I already have on my pc.

What do you dislike?

Capturing a scrolling window sometimes is a little prone to errors

I take screenshots of code, and point out where modifications are needed to field service personnel

FastStone review by Saanya P.
Saanya P.

"Best Screen Capturing tool"

What do you like best?

It easily Captures whole screen using Full screen and scrolling window feature, Screen recorder is nice. Very good marker options of any shapes like rectangle, square and free hand. I always found this very helpful in comparison to other products in same category.

What do you dislike?

Better text writing tool needed for marking text on screen shots.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fast stone would be much helpful in all kind of screen recording and videos for your business.

Screen capture and recording. Fast stone give you a lot of flexibilites.

FastStone review by Lee L.
Lee L.

"Works Great, Easy to Use, No Regrets!"

What do you like best?

Light application, no overhead, works great. Way better than Snipping tool.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I can think of. Have not ever had issues this FastStone.

Screen shots, record screen with or without mouse clicks

FastStone review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"From Screen Shot To Screen Recording!"

What do you like best?

It’s very simple and intuitive! It allows me to share all of the work I’m doing! I must use fast stone 5 - 10 per day and I love it!

What do you dislike?

I dislike when you film with fast sone and I’m recoding a power point presentation I have to put the curser in the corner of the presentations. It’s stands out because it highlighted. I then have to edit my videos after the fact!

It allows me to share what I’m working on with my time and build presentation like a boss! It’s a very important tool!

FastStone review by Eric S.
Eric S.

"My favorite screen capture software"

What do you like best?

This software is simple to use and they keep updating it for free. I love how you can capture scrolling lists in window menus and an entire webpage.

What do you dislike?

I have not ran into something I disliked about this software. It works as I would expect it to.

Working on websites I love using this for documenting via videos and screenshots where issues are.

FastStone review by Administrator

"Muito bom e recomendaria para quantas pessoas for preciso"

What do you like best?

Conseguir tirar print screen e de uma forma extremamente acessĂ­vel, pode editar imediatamente o print.

What do you dislike?

Não tenho pontos negativos sobre a solução.

Eu consigo me comunicar com meus clientes, Ă  distancia exibindo imagens de telas do meu sistema, o que facilita muito o entendimento dele.

FastStone review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Sencilla y practica"

What do you like best?

Es una herramienta muy util, muy ligera y con opciones muy avanzadas que ayudan mucho si necesitas hacer capturas de pantalla de forma rapida y sencilla, se puede personalizar los acesos rapiso de teclado para capturas mas rapidas y el editor es muy avanzado.

What do you dislike?

Le incluiria alguna funcion de edicion mas avanzada en el editor, sobre todo para los textos.

Es practico para realizar informes de navegacion y para reportar y resaltar errores

FastStone review by Hannah M.
Hannah M.

"Quick and Easy Capture"

What do you like best?

I’ve used this product to take specific screen shots for training

What do you dislike?

None of the features on here were distasteful. More edit features would be appreciated.

Making examples for training and increased communication.

FastStone review by François C.
François C.

"Good al around screen capture tool"

What do you like best?

Can easyly edit the screen capture, combine screen shots, comment and highlight

What do you dislike?

Not much I dislike I have to say. Could not find anything wrong

Makes communicating solutions tu the customer easier and saves time explaining

FastStone review by User

"Easy great snipping tool with editing capabilities"

What do you like best?

That you can edit the screenshot from within the software instead of saving somewhere else and editing with a third party tool.

What do you dislike?

Nothing actually, its great! I really do not have a bad word to say.

Recommendations to others considering the product

USE IT!!!

Training my team by taking screenshots of relevant items that can't be easily sent around in any other way.

FastStone review by User

"Faststone "

What do you like best?

Easy to use, quick capture and simple editing

What do you dislike?

Nothing comes to mind other than perhaps some advanced editing features

Simple and fast image capture for business made easy.

Learning about FastStone Capture?

* We monitor all FastStone Capture reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare FastStone Capture to Similar Solutions