FatCow

Just like our company, The Original FatCow Web hosting plan is a different breed???beefed up with everything you'll need to build a successful online presence???before the cows come home. And to help you every step of the way, we've corralled a great team of folks in the Friendly Moo Crew Support Team.

Work for FatCow?

Learning about FatCow?

FatCow Reviews

Ask FatCow a Question
Showing 16 FatCow reviews
FatCow review by <span>Joseph I.</span>
Joseph I.

"Not a fan"

What do you like best?

I do like their cheaper options for buying a domain name. I currently have 1 domain purchased through them and they do offer very competitive rates.

What do you dislike?

I have gotten things snuck onto my bill numerous times. From site security protection to domain protection. These were all things that I did not want and they were near impossible to opt out of. This is very bad business practices for the users that are purchasing products from FatCow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would not recommend FatCow for web hosting but would for domain registration. They do offer very competitive rates for purchasing a domain.

I needed a domain and web hosting for my site. Since trying out FatCow I have dropped them for another web hosting service which is cheaper and doesn't sneak things into my bill.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about FatCow
FatCow review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"FatCow has been around for a long long time :) "

What do you like best?

FatCow was one of the first web hosting services I used. They've been around for quite a while and Far as Im concerned were the first "green" IT web host in the biz.

They integrate a lot of humor into their business as well which, in the IT world isnt always there and its appreciated !!!

What do you dislike?

I do not have any dislikes! They are the complete package!

I think they thing that got me about them is they are indeed a green company and they were one of the FIRST green companies that I remember, plus you know its like a first love in a career form because its where I started when I was first learning web development.

What Web Hosting solution do you use?

FatCow review by <span>Alyson T.</span>
Alyson T.

"Not the best I've used"

What do you like best?

The easy to use website builders are great. It is also nice that they give you no limits on disk space or transfers. Initial set up was very easy as well. Low start up cost makes this a good value for the money if you are just starting out. Website set up is almost instant so you can get started right away on site building. There are many positives to this hosting service.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, I have found that they are very slow to run wordpress sites, which is what I normally use, other hosting companies can run them much better and a lot faster. I also found customer service to be lacking. I had issue with one of my wordpress sites and found that they had shut them all down. It was a simple issue to fix, yet I spend hours and hours one the phone with a service rep. My sites were down for almost a whole day, which in the world of online retail, is entirely too long.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would be careful if you are using wordpress sites and if you are setting up more than one site, get one up and running first and make sure the speed is up to par with what you need. You don't want to find yourself having to re-do more than one site.

FatCow review by <span>Alejandro M.</span>
Alejandro M.

"Great prices!"

What do you like best?

Its cost! And has very helpful tools! It's an all inclusive service.

It's very easy to use too. They make updates frequently to make it user-friendly.

What do you dislike?

Support team takes a little bit long to answer! Also the support was more useful before, now they don't help you as much as they used to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It always bring new things.

It's a low cost! I have cheaper Shared Servers that mantains my business online.

FatCow review by <span>Timothy H.</span>
Timothy H.

"Very reliable with a decent feature set but needs to be more competitively priced overall."

What do you like best?

The up-time that FatCow can boast is absolutely amazing. I never once personally experienced the server that our site was on being down or having issues that prevented access to our company site or custom domain email. This was essential in our initial reasoning behind choosing FatCow. Downtime equals lost sales, missed customers, and missed opportunities.

What do you dislike?

The price. The price is low at first and is touted as being a cheap and economical host. Once the trial period runs out though, the price jumps up and loses this factor. The price after the trial period when compared to the services you get, is easily outdone by other major hosting providers. The features at the new price point felt lacking and the support to help with the existing features was delayed and lackluster, although it did exist and the actual support representatives themselves were very friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

FatCow is great for an initial startup period to get your domain registered and get a website going. Once the trial cost period ends, or if you need more advanced features with quick/efficient support, then it may be time to look at other hosting options unless FatCow starts relying more on competitive pricing/features and less on rank optimization and affiliate marketing for growing their customer base.

I utilized FatCow for the domain and web hosting services they provided. My startup at the time needed marketing, visibility, and consumer trust to be successful - and those can all be provided with a solid custom domain to match your company name, a reliable company site to promote visibility, and the primary web presence to generate your leads to. I was satisfied with the services until I decided I wanted a new domain and looked closer at their services and out of trial period costs, at which point I realized their were alternatives that were more economical and feature rich - while maintaining a satisfactory enough up-time ratio. They still have their niche in the hosting world, and as for up-time - can't be beat in my opinion, so I always keep a look out for promotions and changes in their pricing structure.

FatCow review by <span>Pooran P.</span>
Pooran P.

"Cheap, effective and easy"

What do you like best?

1. It's very easy on your pocket

2. Easy to setup

3. Easy to navigate

What do you dislike?

1. It's very hard to get hold of the support

2. They need to increase the storage for rich media

3. Would be best if they can add content delivery network to their offering

4. Wordpress Plugin

Recommendations to others considering the product

1. Increase the storage space as offered to the customers as customers are going to use rich media

2. Web server to support HTTP/2

3. Web server to support TLS 1.1 and above

4. Add content delivery network as part of the web infrastructure services

5. Improve the support

6. Add protection against DDoS attacks

I am using fatcow to host my partner's website

Learning about FatCow?

* We monitor all FatCow reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.