Fathom

(6 reviews)

Fathom is an easy to use management reporting and financial analysis tool, which helps you to assess business performance, monitor trends and identify improvement opportunities.

Work for Fathom?

Learning about Fathom?

Fathom Reviews

Ask Fathom a Question
Showing 6 Fathom reviews
Fathom review by Kelly S.
Kelly S.

"Great visual reporting tool"

What do you like best?

I like the ease it can pull financial data from Quickbooks Online and, after setting a few KPIs, can produce a repeatable report easy for business owners to read who don't want to stare at a sheet of numbers. The ability to update each quarter with ease is great and perfect for some key board reports.

What do you dislike?

It's a bit more complicated to produce reports when you have a budget by class, but not impossible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The product team at Fathom is quick to answer questions and are continually listening to input and feedback on ways to improve their product.

Fathom provides us a platform to produce customized reports for our clients who have to report quarterly or yearly to boards in a way they can easily interpret the numbers.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Fathom
Fathom review by Adrian R.
Adrian R.

"Financial Insights for Seeing What Matters in Your Biz"

What do you like best?

No hunting or pecking...zero in on the financial metrics and insights that matter the most for your business.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more templates for common reporting questions. I wish there was better baseline and the ability to add different industry or business "persona" type KPIs for comparative analysis.

Eliminated the obfusacted and totally user-unfriendly reporting of QuickBooks.

What Financial Analysis solution do you use?

Fathom review by User in Internet

"Beautifully interactive financial planning tool"

What do you like best?

Love the reporting features and ability to set soft KPIs. The reports are beautiful and easy to interact with. My boss loves them. I love being able to connect directly to QB as well.

What do you dislike?

I took over accounting after a couple messy years of startup so the budget comparisons to prior quarters and years isn't that helpful since I cleaned up the COA and it doesn't match up extremely well now. I did not go through the effort of scrubbing the data in excel and uploading separately which I know was an option. I just don't have time with the nature of our fast growing startup. Looking forward to 2016 to see how the comparisons look.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend trying this. For people who don't want to do planning in spreadsheets and aren't savvy in creating forecasts, plans and budgets, FathomHQ does the legwork for you as long as your inputs are correct that you upload.

We are solving budgeting and planning primarily and focusing heavily on KPIs in 2016.

Fathom review by Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services
Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services

"See your KPI's at a glance - not just standard ones but create any number of your own"

What do you like best?

The fact that I can visually see and interrogate my data from Xero. Not just data I feed Fathom, but data that is live, hot off the press. Then I can create custom KPI's to see just the important metrics for me.

What do you dislike?

The interface uses something like Javascript which sometimes causes some issues in loading or displaying data unless you're in Chrome.

I wanted to see a clear view of where the company is all the time, not just when I get a monthly report from the accountants... monthly is too slow. But now I can see the info when I want it all the time.

Fathom review by Neha P.
Neha P.

"Freaking awesome reporting tool"

What do you like best?

I love the calculations it does -ex profitable/sq or general profit margins across companies.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like that you have to continually upload the date it does t refresh automatically quickly

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compared to crunch boards and other software it is reasonably priced and provides solid reports

I’m trying to provide clients with great reporting tools

Fathom review by User

"Great product to teach data analysis"

What do you like best?

The fact that it is intuitive to use and students can learn how to analyze data in a short amount of time. It also has good graphing capabilities.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything that I dislike about this product.

Data analysis in a statistics class

Learning about Fathom?

* We monitor all Fathom reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Fathom