Fedora

Fedora is a Linux-based operating system, a collection of software that makes your computer run.

Work for Fedora?

Learning about Fedora?

Fedora Reviews

Showing 55 Fedora reviews
Fedora review by <span>mary carmen v.</span>
mary carmen v.

"fedora one of the most robust"

What do you like best?

I like it Because there is enough information, Fedora has a huge user base, and with this I do not mean that it is the biggest of all or something, but that its users are always willing to help new ones, and you will always find some other enthusiastic user that write their tips in a blog to which you can directly ask any of your questions.

What do you dislike?

Many hardware devices are not designed for the base of your operating system. Therefore its installation can be tedious.

- Many windows applications can not be executed. Therefore any complex windows document (eg: docx, xlsx, pptx, xps, etc.) is difficult to work

For linux there is a very small number of installable games (which does not prevent that they can be played thanks to emulators or virtual machines.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Used by NASA, Be that as it may, the important point is that Fedora is a distribution widely used by different people around the world regardless of their work, lifestyle or knowledge.

I currently use fedora, as a regular basis of my operating system, I daily virtualize a machine in fedora for the administration of my vmware virtual platform.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Fedora
Fedora review by <span>carlos d.</span>
carlos d.

"one of the most robust operating systems."

What do you like best?

the ability of this operative system to consume ram memory efficiently, it does it a lot better than windows, the applications run smoothly due to this great advance, it does not write the hard disk with hidden files, when I am connected in a network, it recognizes the different distributions that are connected in it.

What do you dislike?

many external devices are not configured for linux which makes it a bit tedious to install and use in linux-based systems, there are applications in windows that I can not use in this operating system either.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very easy to use once you get used to tasks, you can perform them more efficiently and even mount and dismount external devices.

I use this operating system as my workstation, to run some scripts and cron, for different applications that I manage.

What Operating System solution do you use?

Fedora review by <span>Ricardo C.</span>
Ricardo C.

"Great transiton from Windows to Linux environment"

What do you like best?

The Fedora system is a great final user desktop interface, a lot of years I was Windows user, about 15 or more years, and this year I took a option to switch my main operation system on the laptop, since started use Fedora system the mayors application, features and tools from Windows have a similar or equivalent on this Linux distribution, using GNome to manage my user interface and utilities to compress/descompress, officematic, pdf reader, Internet browser, now on my daily task I can use about 95 - 98% full Fedora system.

What do you dislike?

My experience is Fedora have a lot of update, commonly each week I recieved notification least twice times to update the system, and few update I was broke a core function like desktop calendar or battery status, 'another broke tool was VMWare Workstation/player, after update I cant recovery this features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test and test this system, it's a great option to desktop user, currently a great user experience using this desktop, and it have a big ecosystem and a lot of suppot forum with ton of information to solve many issues and easies the life of the newies on this world.

Get a Linux skill on my daily operation and permite nearly to opensource technology, we have a internal ecosystem with system and using Fedora they can run without issue the servers applications and tools, and more transparent operation.

Fedora review by <span>Rosalia D.</span>
Rosalia D.

"safe and light operating system"

What do you like best?

I like it because it allows me to manage the RAM in a better way as some proprietary softwares do, such as windows, thanks to its configurations I do not fill the hard drive with hidden files, besides the hardware consumption of my computer is low that is to say, it consumes few resources in composition with other operating systems, thus allowing me to execute a greater number of programs. In addition to the benefits of security that this operating system provides, in addition to being an open source operating system allows me to make changes that suit my needs.

What do you dislike?

one of the things that I dislike is that it has little support for private hardware, that is, most of these hardware are not designed to operate with linux being this an impediment when configuring certain things, such as network cards , sound devices, video cards among others.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a stable and fast system and in addition to this, I strongly recommend using FEDORA one of the best in its form.

We use fedora, as an operating system in the workstations due to its fluidity and the adaptation of its configurations to the different tasks we perform, we adapt it by modifying the kernel and adapting its parameters.

Fedora review by <span>Pablo Francisco P.</span>
Pablo Francisco P.

"Bloat-less GNU/Linux with stability in mind."

What do you like best?

Coming from highly customizable Linux distributions, such as Gentoo and Archlinux, I needed to reach a sweet spot between stability, frequently updated packages versions and user-adjustable system. I found Fedora as a good candidate for that sweet spot and thus has it proven to be since release 23.

During the last 4 years I've been using Fedora at home and at work, never happened that a system upgrade stopped my system from working. I have a laptop which has been through 3 mayor distribution release upgrades without having to re-install the system, just keep pushing the distribution version up with "dnf system-upgrade"

What do you dislike?

Doesn't provide out-of-the box compatibility with Nvidia closed drivers whereas, for example, Ubuntu offers a GUI assistant which makes it easy to install and load closed kernel modules for GPUs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be afraid of moving form other distributions, it doesn't disappoint. Once you install a Fedora release, you'll be able to keep updated with the latest packages and releases ... for years and years.

From my developer Desktop machine to my cluster of 6 Raspberries Pi 3, going through databases & web server machines.

Fedora review by User in Oil & Energy
User in Oil & Energy

"Fedora For School Assignments "

What do you like best?

I like how the environment is stable for the most part. It's easy to navigate, I was easily able to set up through a virtual environment. My online course through BYU-I has us do all our lab assignments within the Fedora VM environment. Is great because the professor was able to preload everything and have it all set up beforehand.

What do you dislike?

I don't really have anything to comment on far as dislikes. There was on time that it crashed on me and I had to reload my Fedora environment. Luckily I saved my work outside the VM. But the whole crashing may have to do with the VM software, however, profession mentioned we should save our work after each lab so that tells me it crashes often.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm personally impressed with Fedora and how it has allowed me to have a positive course experience. The structure of the course, created by leveraging Fedora is well done. I suggest Fedora push to break more into the educational industry. More and more courses are being taught via online, and more and more are computer science related. Fedora software can really facilitate this expansion.

The business problem we that is being solved by Fedora is how to implement SQL oracle lab work for students when they don't physically have access to the school network. You want each student to start off in the same environment but individually be able to modify it. Fedora solved this issue. We all pre-loaded a copy of the Fedora environment on to our personal computers and access it through a VM tool. All modification of files is saved within my personal environment, I have access to the terminal, SQL developer, Firefox, gEdit, all application loaded into the environment. I'm impressed at how the Fedora environment really allows me to complete my course labs and allows me to have real-world experience and build that skill.

Fedora review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Community Supported Linux perfect for a developer's workstation"

What do you like best?

The first thing that I comes to mind is that the lost cost to entry that this distro has, like most linux flavors allows users can get up and running with only a bit of upfront time commitment. It has very recent packages, leaving less backporting than a CentOS variety. All major DE's and WM's are available.

What do you dislike?

If you're a KDE fan, this may not be your best choice. It doesn't seem as polished as other varieties such as Kubuntu. There are some packages and configurations that other distros have standard that needs post-install configuration in this one.

Creating multiple developer workstations that have a desktop environment and run multiple vagrant VMs. It's easy to install, easy to update and easy to upgrade. Regular long term support releases make it easy to plan upgrades.

Fedora review by <span>Héctor B.</span>
Héctor B.

"Made for Advance users"

What do you like best?

Performance and Safety. Fedora is a powerful tool but the best of all is the wide configuration that you can use in order to make it more secure. You can do special firewall configurations and it comes with special features for coding.

What do you dislike?

Not for domestic users. Fedora is great if you are heading to IT use, coding, etc. You will never stop learning with Fedora but Is not just for everybody. If you are a new user or a "domestic user" stay away from Fedora, is just too much to handle for newbies in Open Source.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool if your an advance user in Open Source OS.

The need of an advance OS in order to achieve a next level in open source use.

Fedora review by <span>David L.</span>
David L.

"Rock Solid Free OS"

What do you like best?

Fedora is a great and easy to use Linux OS for desktop and server needs. Contrary to what many other people say, SystemD makes for a great service manager and the default Gnome desktop is easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Linux still lacks support for a lot of desktop applications like Adobe's suite of products, Microsoft Office and most games. Things are getting better though. LibreOffice makes an okay replacement for MS Office, but it's just not there yet.

I use Fedora server to host many internal and external applications for our company. Fedora is easy to get up an running and it is easy to create scripts and images to load a solid base setup for a server getting new systems up and running faster.

Fedora review by <span>Thejas S.</span>
Thejas S.

"User Friendly linux"

What do you like best?

- fedora boots up fast, it takes around 15 to 20 seconds to boot up

-Linux is already well-known for being strong on security and Fedora has Security-Enhanced Linux (SELinux), which implements security policies including mandatory access controls

-Fedora is equipped with an array of graphical tools and features to help you have better control of the system. These tools include network shares, language settings, firewall, authentication, users, and web server.

-Bug fixes for Fedora are available, and this makes the system very stable.

-No bloatware, no viruses, no problems with official repositories in general.

- for developers fedora is best OS

What do you dislike?

-it consumes more battery

-it doesn't support games much, if you are gamer then this OS is not for you

- Fedora is actually a beta test for RedHat Enterprise Linux.

- Fedora is difficult to beginners

Recommendations to others considering the product

if u want to try a Linux then go for fedora, it is easy to learn ,free of malware, highly secured, has less bugs and its supports most of the softwares

-i use fedora mainly for programming purpose and to run some of the software's such as octave, MAGIC(for vlsi project) etc

- after using other Ubuntu , mint and Fedora , i think fedora is better and it is highly stable

Fedora review by <span>chedi t.</span>
chedi t.

"Fedora review"

What do you like best?

Between the different Linux distribution, Fedora has a special place. For one, it's the preview for the technologies to come in the next Centos/RHEL which make it the perfect testing and learning ground for future system updates. It also deals partially with the frustration of not having the latest packages version on the more long term distribution, but in the same time is very stable and reliable for development and certain types of production deployment.

What do you dislike?

The major issue with Fedora is the speed of release cycles. Some can see it as a bless, but if you use fedora as your main workstation distribution you would like to have the same environment on the server. Unfortunately with the a release cycle of 6 months, and a deprecation one of two cycles, you will find yourself in the peculiar situation of either having a legacy system in a short time or under the obligation of migrating the server to the new version once or twice a year.

Of course being a cutting edge distribution, some packages will break often and that's ok for certain use case when you will rather have the error detected early.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fedora is a very nice and relatively stable distribution for some one testing new features of RHEL/Centos or wanting to have the last version of certain packages. It's not as friendly to new linux user as debian and mint and you will have to use the command line quiet often.

Also keep in mind that fedora is not a long term distribution and that you will have to keep it up to date by migrating to new version. So don't use it as a server environment unless you are sure of your needs and capabilities.

I've started using Linux redhat as my main distribution a long ago and when came the separation between the server side and the Fedora core, I sticked with the server version. But with the change in the speed of releases of major opensource packages, having to manually compile and patch in your Centos/RHEL server can be time consuming and error prone.

With Fedora, you have all the confort of a rock solid (relatively speaking) redhat distribution with all the fresh and tested packages.

Fedora review by <span>Munendra S.</span>
Munendra S.

"Fedora- worthy Linux Distribution"

What do you like best?

Based on Red Hat but it is free. Like all linux distribution it is virus-free OS. Fedora can be used as server. It is open source hence good support. high stability and easy to apply bug fixes. Easy updates and always reversible updates of the kernel (really helpful in-case of problems in updates ).

What do you dislike?

The biggest setback is non-availability of up to date versions of the softwares in packages. Package manager many times has older versions. Created by the community. It may not support many music or video files due to the limited codec availability.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fedora is easy to set-up, flexible. If you want Red hat Features for free, Fedora is the one. Need time to learn, if you love challenges Use Fedora.

I use Fedora generally at home. It makes me highly productive, have used for projects in academics.

Benefits:

Many Red hat features for free.

Rollback in-case of kernel update failure.

Good Desktop Environments

Fedora review by <span>Nikhil R.</span>
Nikhil R.

"Fedora - better than ubuntu"

What do you like best?

I love gnome, and fedora provides a very developer friendly gnome-based operating system. It works exactly as expected, is ultra stable, is bleeding edge(meaning you get the latest updates from RHEL straight away) , boots and shuts down in very little time. I would definitely recommend fedora to anyone, including beginners

BEST 5 THINGS ABOUT FEDORA

1.BETTER POWER MANAGEMENT-Desktop Linux has never done a great job of laptop battery management. Fortunately, Linux doesn't drink up that much power so it usually ends up with decent battery life anyway. But, Fedora 15 redesigned power management utilities give it better battery life than other Linuxes.

2.Better End-User Software-Like most up-to-the-minute Linux distributions, Fedora uses LibreOffice in place of OpenOffice, as its office suite. LibreOffice, while an OpenOffice fork is better thought of as an improved version of OpenOffice. It looks the same, works the same, but it's also faster, has many minor bug fixes and has far better Microsoft Office file format compatibility. Last, but not least, since Oracle will no longer be putting any resources into OpenOffice, LibreOffice is the most significant open-source office suite yet that's still being actively developed.

3. Dynamic Firewall-Like its name suggest dynamic firewall enables you to change firewall settings without needing to restart the firewall. So, for example, you can set the firewall to change its rules, as needed for virtual machines or Virtual Private Networks (VPN)

4.Virtual Desktop Support-Slowly, but surely, Simple Protocol for Independent Computing Environments (SPICE)virtual desktops are coming to Red Hat. In Fedora 15, SPICE has been integrated into the virtualization manager, virt-manager.

5.RPM 4.9.0 Package Manager-RPM 4.9.0, Fedora and RHEL's software manager has been given a real tune-up. It's now easier than ever to install software on Fedora .For more on that see the RPM 4.9.0 release notes. The bottom line is that RPM does a much better job of handling any RPM package that you try to install on your system..

What do you dislike?

The Installer: Not New-User Friendly-The first encounter of any human with a Linux distro is its installer; it could be a deal-maker or a deal-breaker. I have been using Linux since 2005; I have used almost every major and minor distribution out there. I use Arch Linux, openSUSE and Kubuntu on my main systems. And despite being an Arch user I am not a huge fan of Fedora’s Anaconda installer. Even as a seasoned Linux user, I struggle with it. Mostly because it behaves totally different from the installers of openSUSE or Ubuntu-based systems. Now, being different doesn’t essentially mean being bad.

Fedora, as usual, brings a lot of goodies for new and seasoned users. One of the most important changes is the arrival of DNF as the permanent replacement of 'Yum'. In my experience so far, ‘dnf’ is faster and more efficient than yum. There is no learning curve here, just replace yum with dnf in all the commands you remember and it will work just fine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fedora is a great distribution as long as you are running a pure ‘free software’ stack on it. The life of a Fedora user becomes difficult the moment you think of getting proprietary drivers for your GPUs. I have bad memories of broken Fedora systems because I wanted to use non-free drivers for my Nvidia cards.

Getting mp3 to work on Fedora can still be challenging. If you have to do a Google search for tutorials on how to get mp3 to work in 2015 I don’t think the distro is targeted at average PC users. After struggling to play music in Rhythmbox and Clementine I gave up and resorted to the third party tool Fedy. Fedy does an incredible job at installing the much needed software and tweaking the system to suit a user's needs.

I am truly impressed with Fedora 22. Once you tweak your system with Fedy and Gnome Tweak Tool you will have one of the best Linux distros around.

Nothing beats the gratification of using Fedora. This is a distro that works upstream, gives everything to the community, values free software and, as a result, remains at the heart of the Linux and open source revolution.

As far as KDE Plasma goes, since the project has been split into three components it's hard to put the Plasma experience in one box. It’s way too confusing to remember which version of Plasma Applications or Frameworks is running on a system at any given point.

Fedora 22 comes with Plasma 5, which I fear is still not fully ready for the prime time. Though I have been using Plasma 5 on some systems, the experience really varies from one distro to another. While I have no issue with Plasma 5 on Arch Linux; the experience on openSUSE Tumbleweed was mixed. So far I haven't noticed any problems on my Fedora KDE box.

It was sad to see that the KDE edition didn’t get the same kind of love as Gnome did. The KDE spin doesn’t come with Firefox or Chromium as the pre-installed browsers. openSUSE seems to be the only distro which offers great integration with the chosen DE. Whether you choose Gnome or KDE, the distro will be fully integrated with that DE.

Plasma, as usual brings all the latest and greatest ideas from the KDE community. The infamous Nepomuk is gone and it has been replaced by Baloo which is extremely resource efficient. You will be able to enjoy the work KDE developers are doing on Plasma 5.

Since my Arch Linux box is heavily customized, the vanilla experience of Plasma leaves a lot to be desired. I wish Plasma developers would bring in some consistencies with themes. Compared to Gnome, there are way too many elements in the Plasma UI which create distraction. Unlike Gnome the UI doesn't blend in or disappear to focus on the content.

As expected 'Software' is not available for KDE and you have to use Apper, which is nice but not as polished as Software.

Fedora review by <span>Shiva S.</span>
Shiva S.

"Fedora: The Best Linux Distribution"

What do you like best?

- Free, Open Source and the best Linux Distribution ever.

- Good availability of proprietary software.

- Package Management Facility (Yum and RPM) is advanced, quite fast and simple to use.

- The Fedora Community is very supportive and it is immune to viruses, malware.

- The Updated Fedora OS comes with a new package manager called DNF which is incredible in terms of speed, resolving dependencies and neat uninstall.

- Ease to bug fix , polish and highly stable (Compared to other OS like Ubuntu or Arch).

- It comes with different desktop environments such as GNOME, KDE, MATE, LXDE and Cinnamon.

- Fedora Servers, the primary feature of this product which comes with latest data center technologies.

- If you are a developer or a novice programmer choosing fedora will lead you to the right phase.

What do you dislike?

- Unavailability of software packages or latest version of software.

- The Online Support is very poor since Fedora is deceived by other OS such as Ubuntu and Windows.

- Irrespective of the Hardware, the System will heat up very fast.

- All the Fedora Desktop Environments consume battery to their best.

- Few packages or native repositories requires update every time.

- Fedora is actually a beta test for RedHat Enterprise Linux.

- Fedora is really difficult to handle for beginners.

Recommendations to others considering the product

- Fedora is easy, fast and worth a try.

- If you are steady learner and ready to accept challenges, you are advised to use Fedora.

- I use Fedora mainly as my personal desktop. It is really easy to switch between the technologies and the packet manager is simple and fast.

- After working with Ubuntu, OpenBSD, Debian and Mint, Fedora is highly stable, software commitment last long and easy to learn.

Fedora review by <span>Harish S.</span>
Harish S.

"A great Linux OS"

What do you like best?

Fedora is a free open source OS for Linux platform. The main reason to shift from windows to fedora is its stable and secured nature. There is no problem of any viruses in fedora it is most secured Operating System. It is easy to install. Fedora is more stable and faster. It is a best platform for learning purposes, we can test many software in fedora platform to make sure software works fine. Easy to install any software in fedora. Great interface with customization facility.

What do you dislike?

The main feature which is available in other operating systems like windows and not in fedora is gaming, we can't play high graphics games in fedora. Beginners may find little difficulty in understanding commands and about how to use. It consumes more resources like battery, CPU power etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fedora is a great operating system for those who are looking for secured and stable OS. It is free and easy to install, you can easily use it.

I shifted from windows to fedora few years back. It is really great Operating system. I think it is best suited for learners. I am learning lots of things from it.

Fedora review by <span>Manoj G.</span>
Manoj G.

"Fedora: Made for dual booting, Real Linux, Professional"

What do you like best?

For the ones using Linux along with windows, it is best one has it boots fast and doesn't crash which helps to for frequent shifting from windows to Linux and vice versa. It helps a lot to learn about OS architecture, Virus and other securities are similar to other Linux platforms except SELinux feature which has multiple security policies. But it scores with higher stability of OS, RHEL based updating and file system unification. Also it Has good support team like other Linux platforms.

What do you dislike?

Fedora is like real and professional Linux, Doesn't have much personalisation options like Ubuntu, user experience is not so convincing, support should be extended for older versions. Its battery consumption is more compared to other distros and not recommended for beginners especially for a non-IT guy. Other than this I don't see any issues in Fedora.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fedora is not recommended for learners, for expert coders and other IT professionals and for the ones using dual boot systems Fedora is the right option. That's life learn and move on.

It has professional look, and best one for dual boot. Doesn't have stability issues, and has many inbuilt packages like, Octave.

Fedora review by <span>Sai Krishna Kubera G.</span>
Sai Krishna Kubera G.

"Fedore - for OS developers and programmers at its best."

What do you like best?

An open source operating system with best features. Any OS developers without much knowledge of architecture but with prerequisites of OS concepts can easily understand the underlying archtecture easily by making changes to OS in live. Fast boot speed is an advantage of this OS to use. Virus free OS which avoids buying anti virus softwares which is more economical.

What do you dislike?

An addictive to games for gamers will get disappointed as there are no much high end games available in the fedore store. yum which is provided by fedore is not much appreciatable compared to ubuntu's apt-get repository. Windows softwares doesnt work here like many video editing softwares.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Any opensource contributers and any users with fast usage of OS i prefer this. Any one who is not willing to afford money for antivirus this is built for them as well.

As iam intrested in programming and well into open source contribution in mozilla i started undrestand the underlying architecture of a OS for which fedora helped me a lot with less efforts of checking the internet for each and every concept .

Fedora review by <span>Kiran K.</span>
Kiran K.

"Best secured and stable OS"

What do you like best?

A free and secured OS to use on linux. More stable and easy to update and install. We can change from one desktop environment to another like GNOME, KDE etc. There is no hanging or virus problems like windows. Most required Os for learning purposes. For a learner on different areas it is best OS to lead.

What do you dislike?

Main dislike is no gaming support. System gets heat up fast and battery management is poor. It is little difficult for beginners to handle. Package management is not good, many times miss latest version packages. Does not support some software which is supported by windows like Photoshop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Most stable and very good OS to use. If you are learner and ready to do learn more go for it. It is easy to use and more secured OS. It is easy to install and try it.

I am using dual boot system with windows and fedora. For many projects and for testing i use fedora. Even in academic labs we use fedora to do our lab works which include software like ns2, octal etc.

Fedora review by <span>Jose E.</span>
Jose E.

"Fedora, the Programmer's Oasis"

What do you like best?

It is perfect when you're learning how to program. It has just what you need, and nothing else. No bloatware, no garbage. It is also very lightweight, and it's requirements are pretty low. With a low-end computer you can run this OS with no problem at all!

What do you dislike?

Sincerely, I wish I could write a lot of content here, but I believe there's not much to say about the cons of Fedora. The GUI(Graphical User Interface) seems very antiquished, I wish it had a modern style.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're gonna use Fedora, then think a lot about it. If you want it for gaming, or want it for just browsing the web, then go for another OS. This is perfect for programming and to manage VPS.

I really had the need to learn how to program. I wished to progress on my professional life so I enrolled to a couple programming courses, and I learned how to while using this OS. It was a wonderful experience!

Fedora review by <span>Florin S.</span>
Florin S.

"Unix OS for developers"

What do you like best?

It comes with almost all the tools a software developer needs, the ones that you need are a click away.

I also like the fact that it has built in docker support and comes with a set of virtualization tools. The UI is sleek looking and you get used to it fast.

What do you dislike?

Even though the UI is nice, I am too much used to windows style so I went with cinnamon desktop not the standard one.

Same old drivers issue with old hardware, but this is the same with all linux versions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're coming from windows/mac, do yourself a favor and go with cinnamon from the start. You can add it later of course and choose which to start at the login step so there's nothing to be sorry about.

Everyday OS for movie streaming, web browsing, programming. The main benefits over windows are the price (free) and the lower security risk. Over other unix distributions it has the out of the box programming support benefit.

Fedora review by <span>Likhit K.</span>
Likhit K.

"Fedora- Thinking about the future"

What do you like best?

The easy installation which takes less time as well as effort .

Fedora has high stability as compared to other OS.

Main feature which admires is the boot up time it boots up very quickly within seconds.

Working with it from years i haven't seen it crashed a single time.

code being available for modification or called open source which helps developers to grow the business

No antivirus required.

Advanced facility for package management.

The huge community available to solve you problem regarding your OS.

What do you dislike?

It heats up very quickly causing my battery to drain very easily.

Beginners find problem to getting adapted to this environment.

Sometimes i face problem with the drivers maybe because of some specific hardware requirement .

Lack of some program support.

The interface should be taken care off.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are new to programming field i recommend you to start with Fedora as is it a open source and has many kind of benefits.

Mainly there is no boundaries in this but at first you will take time to adapt to Fedora.

Specially if you are working on security related projects this is the right option to go with as it doesn't cost you for any kind of malware detection software.

Working for a service offering project. There is not much security related steps to be taken off minimizing the effort as well as cost of the company. Flexibility offered by this environment helps us think out of the box.

Fedora review by <span>Mihai V.</span>
Mihai V.

"One of the very best linux distros"

What do you like best?

Very fast and user friendly linux distro, though it is not as famous as the standard ubuntu.

What do you dislike?

Still contains several bugs, like any linux distro which is open source, most of them coming from several beta updates related to the UI or GPU drivers. I also encountered problems with kernel updates that killed my entire system on my old laptop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I strongly recommend Fedora to all users that are currently bored of Ubuntu and willing to try something new and more efficient, as well as more user friendly, though a bit more unstable probably.

Like in any linux distro, you can optimize the UI by installing several features such as zram-config, preload or other similar things.

Moreover, if you have an nvidia GPU, you can install optirun and primusrun to optimize the use of your GPU.

I am not a current user at the moment, though I was using it in High School and first academic year at university mostly for coding. It is one of the OS' es through which I got used to the Linux System the most.

Fedora review by <span>Abhishek R.</span>
Abhishek R.

"Fedora: Faster LINUX OS"

What do you like best?

I have been using fedora to develop Java applications, its a great OS with better GUI, better user experience, its much better compared to Ubuntu, the OS boots very quickly it takes less than 20 seconds to turn on the OS, virtualization features are the best in Fedora its very easy to install VM workstation, best virtualization support,The OS gets updated automatically, Fedora has better graphics when compared to other LInux OS, Fedora is immune to security breaches it has a customisable firewall, Fedora 15 is extremely reliable and robust. Fedora (16) has new features which support cloud computing. Improved APIs are readily available for software developers such as python plugins for GCC, Its free open source software with a huge developer community. Ease of use, we use the OS with installing directly from the Booting drive. The GNOME desktop environment provides a better user interface. Very stable Linux OS.

What do you dislike?

Not many applications are available in the software center, Fragmentation in terms of distros, user-interfaces (QT, GTK, etc.), difficult to operate without prior Unix skills, user has to get himself comfortable using command line, it requires large amount of customization, UI not as mature as windows. Absence of the gnome tweak tool which makes extensions hard to manage. Bugs are yet to be fixed, the hub and spoke model installer is extremely confusing and counter intuitive for a new user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has been a great experience using fedora, its very comfortable to use and write code when compared to windows, with limited number of applications the usability if reduced, developing applications is a lot easier when compared to windows.

I am currently using fedora to run softwares such as mat-lab and network-simulator-2, and i am also into developing java applications in fedora and contributing to softwares such as Neuro-construct.

Fedora review by <span>Siddartha l.</span>
Siddartha l.

"Fedora OS (21) - The future of Linux"

What do you like best?

Fast booting speed, less crashes when i compared to my previous ubuntu OS, latest Gnome 3 shell with all the bells and whistles, Windows type background updates by yum and the plus point is its open source feature which helped me as a programmer to understand the underlying architechture and learn easily. Simple and good looking user interface. Hanging when opening more tabs in chrome is much less compared to any other OS.

What do you dislike?

The repo options provided by yum which is used in fedora is not much satisfyable. Adding and removing a repo was much easier task in ubuntu but not in fedora. 3D gaming experience for higher graphics games is obviously slow for which i need to shift to windows OS for which i have dual booted the OS.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I suggest Fedora OS for those who are in search of learnig and developing an OS and intrested in OS princioples and debugging tasks this is the best fit fot their work and also for those who prefer fast boot speed and good UI can also use this.

We are bsaically building and managing Operating systems where a new architecture is built and learnt with applying new strateigies for improving the performance of the current OS.

Fedora review by <span>Siddrameshwar K.</span>
Siddrameshwar K.

"Fedora : Real, Stable and Opensource"

What do you like best?

Fedora is well known, has many user users and very good forum which makes it easy to get help. I have used Fedora for my primary work system. Fedora runs on every computer I have tried to put it on, and I have never had any issues after installation. Fedora is incredibly stable unlike many other distros such as Ubuntu. I also really like the GUI and software store. Fedora provides a very developer friendly gnome-based operating system. Booting and shut down time is very little. You get the latest updates from RHEL straight away.

What do you dislike?

Other distros boot faster than fedora. Fedora allows only 13-month support per release. I think Gnome 3 doesn't quite "do" polish as much as Unity. I am very fussy about fonts looking right, and I'm afraid that at smaller sizes, the font scaling in the Gnome terminal just looked wrong, whereas Unity is perfect in this sense. It supposedly is a testing ground for Red Hat's other projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to become an software engineer I would suggest to get used to Fedora which is open source operating system. Your Computer will be as creative as you if you use Fedora. You can make modification that you would like to have. Forums are really helpful to learn. If you encounter with any problems google.com will always help

I am currently working on control system design for Quadcopter. Octave is very user friendly and It has many good inbuilt libraries. Forums were of great help whenever i got struck somewhere in between.

Fedora review by <span>Vikas C.</span>
Vikas C.

"Satisfactory"

What do you like best?

I like live environment as it boots up quickly enough. It is less prone to virus and other malignant applications. And the biggest change on this release (Fedora 17) is the unification of the file system that moved /bin, /sbin, /lib, and /lib64 directories to the /usr folder. Fedora security updates for each release stop coming out after only about a year. Users who want to keep a system up and running for longer than that have to make the move to RHEL or CentOS. Ubuntu users can select a "Long Term Support" release of the regular distribution. One of GNOME 3.4's features is where window decorations change to a greyscale theme when focus is removed. It's a little weird and unexpected when first encountered, but it's not a complete disappointment.

What do you dislike?

It is not user friendly, especially for a non computer guy. The weirdest fault that I've seen in a long time is the lack of Verdana as a font in Fedora 17, when it was good in Fedora 16. Hardware-manufacturers don't see Linux as a marketshare worth considering and hence the users will eventually find some (brand-new or obscure mostly) hardware that sadly doesn't run on Linux. Fragmentation in terms of distros, user-interfaces (QT, GTK, etc.), packages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider using fedora only if you are looking for a substitute for windows and free for malignant software and applications. And most importantly the user must have preliminary coding experience so as to reap the maximum benefit from it.

I am currently inclined towards providing E-Learning packages to facilitate learning elementary concepts for school children. No benefits so far.

Fedora review by <span>Abhi A.</span>
Abhi A.

"Fedora: A Useful Linux Distribution!"

What do you like best?

The booting speed is very fast in Fedora. I run Fedora virtually for my project, and turning on the Fedora GNOME screen is a matter of 10 to 15 seconds. And being a Linux distribution, security requires not much concern. It even promotes SELinux feature that implements multiple security policies, which is not the case with all Linux distributions.

What do you dislike?

Since I use fedora virtually for my project purposes, I don't see particular flaws in fedora apart from the general drawbacks of all linux distributions such as gaming, no extensive applications as it is there in windows and so on. Other drawback that first time users generally find in fedora is that it is a quite hard to learn and get used to fedora.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I personally feel comfortable using a Linux distribution than Windows as OS. When it comes to Linux distributions, you can go either for Fedora or for Ubuntu (again, my opinion). The apps are nearly the same in both flavors. If you want some impressive looks, then go for Ubuntu but if you want to use your resources effectively and avail features such as fast boot, easy bug fix etc. then go for fedora.

I use fedora mainly for programming purposes and to run some of the softwares such as ns2 and octave.

Fedora review by <span>Ernest O.</span>
Ernest O.

"Fedora: Linux for simple people"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of Fedora is the reason I fell in love with it. The interface hides the tasks bar to immerse one in the task they're performing. Using convenient keyboard shortcuts to switch between tasks and workspaces.

Also love the additionally security provided by SeLinux

What do you dislike?

Installing proprietary drivers is complicated although possible. I'm also not super excited about managing software repositories in Fedora.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're an Ubuntu user, you will find a lot of gotchas such as using dnf instead of apt-get to manage installed software.

Fedora is our development operating system of choice. We find that the simplicity of the operating system increases productivity.

Fedora review by <span>Rakesh N.</span>
Rakesh N.

"Fedora - Meeting your requirements."

What do you like best?

Dynamic Firewall - Fedora’s firewall is available or customizing and it is not difficult at all.

Fast Boot - Helps to turn on ur PC within 15-20 seconds

Power management - It has the best power management compared to other linux based OS.

Package Manager

Updating facility is the best, helps to fix the bugs.

Graphics - graphical tools found in Fedora OS is huge

What do you dislike?

It lacks many of the management tools

Not suitable for desktop users who use it daily.

Sometimes it is unreliable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try Fedora for some days if it meets your requirements then well and good. Based on my experience it basically depends on each one requirements.

Working on security issues it mainly helps to customize my firewall so that i can work on every issue and help to counteract with it.

Fedora review by <span>Iulian-Constantin M.</span>
Iulian-Constantin M.

"Most secure and stable Linux distribution"

What do you like best?

I used many Linux distributions and Fedora gave me the best experience. One of the best features in this distribution si that after a kernel update the bootloader gives you options to select one of the last 3 kernels you have installed, so if you encounter any problem with an update, you can easily go back. Another big feature that is the driver support, something that other distributions does not offer. The package maanger (dnf) is fast and reliable, usually you can find most software and libraries you need. You have multiple choices of desktop environment (I used Gnome), so you can have fedora in any "flavour". It is easy to set up, has live desktop and is very stable.

What do you dislike?

The package manager offers many choices of software, but sometimes you can not find latest version of something (for example, latest version of node in dnf is 0.10), but can be solved by adding more repositories in the package manager. Else, I was very pleased by this distribution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I fyou are looking for an easy to set-up, flexible and stable environment for work and home, you should really consider using Fedora as your Operating System.

I use Fedora at home and work. In Linux (especially Fedora) I feel and I am very productive, given the very flexible environment.

Fedora review by <span>Sarneet C.</span>
Sarneet C.

"Great Linux OS based on RedHat and a much more visually appealing interface "

What do you like best?

RedHat has been particularly very popular among cloud users and Fedora being based on redHat, takes it a step further with Gnome Desktop Environment. Its easy to use for a newbie and an advanced user alike. Everything is just a yum/dnf away. I have been using Fedora for 5 months now and it really is great. Its lighter as compared to Ubuntu, runs faster on my VM and offers a decent level of customization. Installation is a breeze. In my opinion fedora is a much better suit for cloud as compared to Ubuntu.Fedora is light, boots up faster and a great way to experiment with new technologies on linux.

What do you dislike?

The biggest letdown of fedora is when compared to Ubuntu, is fedora support period is only 13 months as compared to Ubuntu's LTS releases every two years with a whopping 5 year support period. This makes it very hard for developers to use it on VPS. Another problem i face with fedora is the user base is not as big as ubuntu and therefore, it lacks in that typical LInux hacks tips and tricks when compared to ubuntu.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have experience in Linux and wanna get a taste of the RedHat side, go for fedora. its visually stunning due to Gnome3 which is much better as compared to Unity. If you're a cloud user, choose ubuntu LTS for your server due to 5 year support.

I use fedora to learn Linux, run LAMP stack and experiment with various technologies. Fedora is a great learning tool and an acquired tase

Fedora review by User in Research
User in Research

"Choose Freedom. Choose Fedora."

What do you like best?

Fedora is easy to install, easy to use.

It is supported by red hat. If you want to be a Cent OS user ( to manage a server in a company), Fedora is a good choice.

Fedora provides lots of newest software. If you would like to try something new, you could try Fedora.

Fedora also provide Gnome, if you don't like the UI of Windows, you could try Fedora.

What do you dislike?

The date of update is always delayed! Although its update is soon, but it is delayed almost every times.

Besides, if the brand of your gpu is nvidia, you might suffer from some problem...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, and you will love it!

Daily stuff, sofeware developing, image processing, video watching, ...etc.

You can do almost all you can do by Windows.

Fedora review by <span>Phillip O.</span>
Phillip O.

"Reasons to like Fedora"

What do you like best?

It's an Linux OS with a solid foundation.

What do you dislike?

It is proprietary, unlike most Linux OS distributions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Explore all of the Linux Distributions at your disposal, and considering going with RedHat Enterprise for the upgraded support experience.

Fedora is a great option anywhere you need a Linux distribution to perform a specific task with very minimal interaction. It works great as a web server, database server, or similar solution. It also works well as an alternative to a Microsoft based PC, provided your users are familiar with Linux or are willing to have a slight learning curve.

Fedora review by <span>Prateek G.</span>
Prateek G.

"One of the best Linux Distros"

What do you like best?

Fedora contains no proprietary software or drivers and therefore every part of the operating system is free to use, distribute and amend.

It contains all latest softwares and packages.

I love the power management of Fedora 23, I think its much better than Ubuntu 16.04 (15.10 was better than 16.04 in terms of power management).

What do you dislike?

Repo management option provided by yum is something I don't like.

UI. If you love to have a good UI like me, you should better go for Ubuntu or Mint.(I love the UI of both these distros).

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a nice distros to try, again everything depends on you, how good you feel the the distros is. The UI is quite good, software are well updated. The only problem I faced was with the repo management which is not very likable. Still go try Fedora if you don't like it, go for Ubuntu and Mint, of course you would like both of them.

Linux suits you best if you are a developer as I am. So its just awesome for coding and learning new things, frankly Fedora is not really helping me solve any business problem, but it helps me learn new things and how hard it can be to manage repo in some distros like Fedora.

But it completely depends on one person, it might be the case I may not like fedora but, my personal preference is Ubuntu or mint, but someone may like fedora, like my friend he prefers fedora over Ubuntu, so its personal choice.

Listen to everyone, do what you think is the best.

Fedora review by <span>Tim S.</span>
Tim S.

"Great Linux OS"

What do you like best?

It loads fast and works well. It feels better than Ubuntu and I like the way it looks.

What do you dislike?

While Fedora is one of the popular Linux OSs it still is not widely supported as Ubuntu. But it's getting there.

In my job I do a lot of server work and I like linux as it makes using the terminal easy. SSH works out of the box and client side programs like grunt and git are easy to set-up. I chose Fedora in particular mainly because I like how it looks.

Fedora review by User in Events Services
User in Events Services

"Focusing on innovation!"

What do you like best?

I like that it is very easy to install multiple DEs on a this system. Moreover,in the moment I boot into a Fedora system - whether live or installed - I am ready to start without having to do any extra work; there are a web browser, text editor, word processor, music player, maps apps...almost everything that I need. However, there are always a few steps I can take in order to customize Fedora for my favourite use. Furthermore, it's extremely easy to configure emails, chats, calendars and instant messaging in Gnome. All I need to do is open Online Accounts and add the account I want to integrate with the desktop. It's so well integrated with the communication stack that all services connected to that account will automatically be configured.

What do you dislike?

I have a love/hate relationship with the file manager. While I like it for its simplicity, there are a few important features missing which are strongly needed. Files received notable appearance improvements which can be noticed and on the practical side a user can now easily revert any changes made inside the app by using the 'undo' feature. What I really dislike about it is the inability to batch rename files.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's interesting to try out new things like this.

I am a student trying out different things.

Fedora review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Reliable work horse product"

What do you like best?

Great product for business use. It is free to use with plenty of documentation to administer.

What do you dislike?

If you are used to other flavours of *nix there can be some commands you have to look up as they are slightly different or configurations are held in different locations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure it will meet your needs and has compatibility with the software you are trying to use. Setup a test system to do testing on since the product is free and you can install it as many times as you would like.

Solves the problem of finding an operating system with low cost and dependable with good compatibility with other software and services.

Fedora review by <span>Phani Bhushan Reddy V.</span>
Phani Bhushan Reddy V.

"Latest and Stable"

What do you like best?

1) Xen tools

2) Cinnamon GUI with Fedora is best..

3) Stable and clean

4) FTP and File Server

5) Backward compatibility.

6) Compiling own software with multiple kernels

What do you dislike?

Should bring new office tools as Libreoffice is not great. Bring back GNOME2 and no GNOME3. NVIDIA drivers for the latest support. Upgrade from one version to other should be fixed as in today I always do latest clean install to not get in to any issues.

Use it literally to run my desktop, developer machine and my private server with FTP/Mail Server/Virtual Machines. Runs great and smooth.

Fedora review by User in Computer Software

"Great product, very useful, cutting edge"

What do you like best?

Fedora is an amazing operating system. I use it day to day and it comes with the latest cutting edge software while maintaining a high standard of security and stability. It also strays minimally from upstream software, allowing bugfixes to be quickly applied.

What do you dislike?

Fedora can be a bit difficult for beginners due to its focus on command line operations. It also has less support for proprietary software, causing people with certain hardware to need to perform more difficult tasks to obtain their drivers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fedora has a learning curve, but as long as you configure it so that you are the most efficient with it, you will come to enjoy it.

Fedora is essential to everything I do. It provides an operating system that is very useful for me, and allows me to perform all my tasks. It benefits me by allowing me to use the system as a development OS, while also using it for entertainment purposes. It is fast and efficient.

Fedora review by <span>Thorsten Y.</span>
Thorsten Y.

"Fedora is a powerful operating system"

What do you like best?

It has the power of Linux while also being user friendly and similar to other popular operating systems.

What do you dislike?

I cannot think of anything I dislike about Fedora

The business problem I am solving is having the ability to stand up a server quickly and inexpensively.

Fedora review by <span>Phillip C.</span>
Phillip C.

"Not just for the technical"

What do you like best?

It's ready to use once installed on computer.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes installing packages from terminal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jump right in

Easy to use so less time training employees, and it's very customizable,and has high security for the computer.

Fedora review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Great workstation + server distro"

What do you like best?

I like Fedora's pace of development. I bounce between Fedora and Arch, so having close to the latest software is pretty important to me. I use Fedora on the desktop and server, it's fast, stable and feature rich. We use CentOS in some production stuff here and it's nice to see some of the newer stuff that will come down the pipeline before it gets to you. DNF is also absolutely delightful and I can't wait for it to

What do you dislike?

I think Fedora keeps pace with most things, but occasionally they will ship a weird update that will bork the kernel or mess with wifi. I wish BTRFS was more production ready, but I don't blame that on the Fedora project. Releases do run behind. It takes a long time for software to be updated to run with Fedora. Sometimes there is a lack of documentation or tutorials for setting things up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I love this distro, every year it gets better.

We use Fedora for our testing environment. Trying to keep ahead of RHEL/CentOS development and what's coming in applications that we use so we are aware of any issues that might crop up.

Fedora review by <span>Miguel Antonio E.</span>
Miguel Antonio E.

"Great Linux Distribution"

What do you like best?

Here are my key aspects

*Easy to install

*If you want to know fedora without install you can try it with the option live cd

*Works with low hardware configuration

*Easy to install new software

*Safe

*Updates constantly.

What do you dislike?

*If you want to take control of your install you got to learn commands.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are common to linux distributions you can't have troubles with fedora.

Works great and is a stable distribution.

None so far.

Fedora review by Administrator in Telecommunications
Administrator in Telecommunications

"At last Linux on desktop !"

What do you like best?

At last Linux world is coming with something credible able to tackle Windows and Mac OS on many aspects. Simplicity, efficiency, security and compliance

What do you dislike?

You obviously need to know a little bit of Linux to start to be efficient but this is nothing compared to the productivity gain to get compared to Windows.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be afraid, this is a simple switch. Of course, you can decide what categories of users will be switched. Do not switch anyone, at least at the beginning.

Switching some users to Fedora can help to be more productive and efficient in many circumstances

Fedora review by <span>Swapnil K.</span>
Swapnil K.

"Fedora Review"

What do you like best?

- Open Souce

- RPM Based distro

- Community support

- Community engagement activities

- Support for most developer/administrator requirements

What do you dislike?

- 6-month release cycle (but that's the way it works

- 32bit OS support

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it!

Development Requirements

Cloud compute host

Cloud storage host

CI/CD host

container host

Fedora review by <span>Alex P.</span>
Alex P.

"Great Dev OS"

What do you like best?

Bleeding edge software and latest packages

What do you dislike?

6 Month release cycle. So you have to make a clean install every 6 months to have the latest and greatest software

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the KDE desktop GNOME is not so good for multitasking

Developing software for the automotive industry

Fedora review by <span>Anastacio M.</span>
Anastacio M.

"Fedora is great for beginners and experts"

What do you like best?

The easy GUI makes it easy for new comers.

What do you dislike?

It can take time to install on hard drive with a DVD but much faster on USB

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just adapt and get used to something much better

Cheaper OS and faster updates with Fedora

Fedora review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Not always intuitive but with a little patience this is a very flexible operating system. "

What do you like best?

I don't feel limited using fedora. There is a lot of flexibility in it's capabilities.

What do you dislike?

Troubleshooting can be difficult. There are so many similar versions of this platform finding help that is specific to your operating system can be hard to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Forums are your friend.

Managing cost of needed software. All the open source programs that run on this platform are a big benefit.

Fedora review by Consultant in Computer Hardware
Consultant in Computer Hardware

"Fedora"

What do you like best?

I like the security of Fedora best, and the open source community that supports it.

What do you dislike?

Setup is the biggest detraction in my opinion.

Setup Fedora as an email server, speed and reliability were the benefits.

Fedora review by <span>Kim C.</span>
Kim C.

"Fedora Review"

What do you like best?

Easy to use operating system with great tools to use that enhance the system.

What do you dislike?

I do not have any problems at this time with system.

We use Fedora for a datacenter technologies.

Fedora review by User in Semiconductors
User in Semiconductors

"Ease of use"

What do you like best?

free, ease of use, easy to install, good user interface, update frequently

What do you dislike?

last time imtried to dual boot but Fedora messed up my windows boot partition, therefore i can only use VM

Developing company softwares on Fedora, love its stability

Do not have to pay for RHEL

"Fedora as desktop"

What do you like best?

Mate desktop - no pointless 3d effects, firewall, easy setup of development environment.

What do you dislike?

DNF - often update break important parts of the company infrastructure such as VirtualBox, VMware, Vagrant.

I'm using Fedora as my desktop distribution. I use it to manage internal servers, write functional tests in Java, analyse logs, etc.

Fedora review by <span>Steven S.</span>
Steven S.

"Leading Edge Linux"

What do you like best?

With Fedora, you stay just one step behind the bleeding edge. If you care about where the "commercial" Linux world (i.e., RedHat) is going, make sure you use Fedora daily.

What do you dislike?

Fedora's strong commitment to FOSS often means that some software is only available through side repositiories like RPMForge. It's not a big deal to get them set up, but it's a stumbling block for new users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For your desktop and dev servers, NOT for production servers. In productions, stick with CentOS.

Fedora review by User in Computer Hardware
User in Computer Hardware

"open-sourced OS"

What do you like best?

Free, open-sourced collabration based on linux. A virus-free OS. Supports firefox for web browsing. Many companies have servers which the fedora platform is based on, which makes sense to develop on fedora before implementing on a larger-scale.

What do you dislike?

Lacks any major office-tool and even major software programmes. Created by the community. It may not support many music or video files: codecs are limited.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your a developer and looking to create software and work with others this is ideal. Very similar to Ubuntu so its worth looking at that also. If you have the hard-drive capacity its possible to run this simultaneously with a partitioned hard-drive. Majority of programmes are created by the community, lacking any sort of support you may expect from a company-based software programme.

Fedora review by Administrator in Computer Software

"RedHat's Free Little Brother"

What do you like best?

Fedora is just like RHEL, but free. It is meant for use as a desktop, but as it is an open source Linux OS, it can be used as a server without any issues.

What do you dislike?

As it is an open source product, there are some delays in getting patches, and support is solely based on the community (unless you pay for it).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fedora is an amazing desktop OS, consider the next time you are looking at costs and operation systems ;)

Learning about Fedora?

* We monitor all Fedora reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.