Fetch

Full-featured file transfer client for the Apple Macintosh that supports FTP and SFTP

Work for Fetch?

Showing 15 Fetch reviews
Fetch review by Cindy M.
Cindy M.

"Fetch Rocks"

What do you like best?

It's super easy to use and has never failed me. I also like that I purchased it once and I don't recall ever being asked to pay more for an upgraded version. It consistently works perfectly for me.

What do you dislike?

No complaints at all and I've used this program for years. I've tried others and this is WAY easier and more user-friendly for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've used other programs and this is by far the best. I've used this for a good number of years and have never had issues. It saves my logins for me, so I don't have to remember multiple login's and multiple websites. Clear and simple navigation. Perfect solution AND...I don't recall ever having to buy an upgrade or pay anything extra. I've bought new computers and was able to easily download the program and enter my User/Serial and instantly ready to rock. There's no drama or hoops to jump through.

I often upload a pdf or an image graphic to one of our domain names on a moments notice in order to have a url to mass-send through our Network Marketing company's customers and promotes via text or email. This allows me to accomplish my task quickly and effectively without having to navigate a control panel menu or other ftp programs.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Fetch
Fetch review by Laurel S.
Laurel S.

"Fetch - best FTP client for Mac!"

What do you like best?

Fetch has a beautiful, simple, friendly user interface that hasn't changed much in the 15 years I've been using it. It's incredibly easy to navigate to different parts of a server, upload, download, rename, delete - all the things you need to use FTP for. It's also super fast and very reliable (no dropped connections). I have to admit that I love the little running dog! I've tried other FTP clients for Mac but I keep coming back to Fetch

What do you dislike?

Doesn't support multiple simultaneous uploads, as far as I can tell.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have Macs, Fetch is the best FTP software you can find. For the capability and usability, the price is well worth it. Try it for free for 15 days and you'll be convinced. It's been around since 1989 and continues to improve with added features and better UI. You'll love the dog, too.

I need to upload and share media files via our server, as well as uploading files and images for our website. Using our hosting company's web UI was clunky and slow. Fetch lets me upload and download quickly and to the exact location I want. It also allows me to access style sheets and other backend files easily. It's saved me time and headaches. And it's the easiest FTP software for other people to learn, too - I taught my whole office of non-tech folks to use it.

What CMS Tools solution do you use?

Fetch review by User in Design
User in Design

"Dependable file transfer service"

What do you like best?

It has history- this software has been around since 1989 and keeps improving and evolving. It is dependable and works! I like the Quick Look preview feature- saves lots of time when searching through files. And the drag and drop connection feature is super handy for remembering multiple connections.

What do you dislike?

I have no complaints about this product. When I do have a problem, which isn't often, Fetch offers great help forums and support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fetch is a solid FTP software with great features that help save time. They have a great support forum and very easy user interface.

I use Fetch for file transfer with numerous companies and handles all my FTP needs. It works great with large PSD files. It has great support with zip files too!

Fetch review by Reggie B.
Reggie B.

"Best FTP Program for the Mac, Hands Down!"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Fetch is the ease of use. I have a number of FTP programs, but Fetch is by far the easier to use. I have used Fetch now for a number of years and it has absolutely met all of our requirements.

What do you dislike?

Dislike? Is there something to dislike? I've thought about this question and I'm drawing a blank. If I really wanted to reach for something, I guess the ability to reorder the shortcuts by dragging and dropping them in the order I want them. But other than that . . .

Recommendations to others considering the product

You won't be disappointed. Absolutely the best FTP program out there for the Mac. The developers of Fetch are always updating it and I honestly cannot remember paying for an update. At the time of this writing Fetch is $29. I mean, COME ON! This FTP program is worth 3x's that cost. I've got other FTP programs I actually paid more for but they sit in my applications folder, unopened. As a web developer I use Fetch daily, in fact it stays open on my computer. I don't recall ever having to contact the developer with issues, there just isn't any issues. Fetch is definitely a "must have" for anyone uploading and downloading files via FTP, especially on a Mac.

Productivity. Fetch is fast, quick to launch, runs lean and you don't wait on a "spinning wheel" before it loads. You click on the icon, it's up and waiting on you.

Fetch review by User in Media Production
User in Media Production

"Fetch is a useful simple tool."

What do you like best?

Fetch is easy to use even if you are a first time user. Everything is intuitive and there aren't any unnecessary bells and whistles. I love the drag and drop, it makes everything very quick and easy. Downloads and uploads are a breeze. I can feel comfortable recommending this product to a computer novice because it is so easy to use.

What do you dislike?

The only minor annoyance is that sometimes that when the upload is complete there is no alert that it is complete, so if you are not at your desk it can be hard to tell if the upload was successful because after a period of time it disconnects. I understand why it need to disconnect but I don't understand why there can't be an "upload complete" message that remains on the screen until you close the program or something like that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's really easy to use and doesn't crash like web browsers. It's easy to install. This is an essential piece of software to have if you utilize FTP. I suffer daily frustration if I did not have this valuable tool in my office. The cost is definitely worth it.

The business problem this product solves is providing a simple way to connect to FTP for uploads and downloads. A Web browser connection is often clunky and crashes, but Fetch never crashes. If it did crash you can easily pick up your upload where is left off.

Fetch review by User

"We have depended on this software for file transfer (FTP) as it is the most reliable for Mac users"

What do you like best?

It's free for education (I work at a university) and it is very user friendly. The interface hasn't changed much over the past decade.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I dislike, I've never had a problem with it. We have tried other types of FTP software that did not work as well. FTP sites differ vastly from vendor to vendor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great, hope it stays around ...

Fetch has always been my go-to software for sending large jobs to print vendors. Long ago, we would send a disk and now, not everyone uses Dropbox or cloud computing. It's secure too.

Fetch review by Andy V.
Andy V.

"Used on a daily basis and couldn't be easier."

What do you like best?

I have been using Fetch for 5+ years to support my personal website. It is super simple to use and to change and update material when needed. It doesn't have any delay when I update material on my website and that is extra important when I am rushing to get client work updated and my personal work.

What do you dislike?

At times and this is few and far between there can be glitches or errors when I try and log into specific clients systems, but like most programs I expect errors here and there, nothing is perfect. That is one plus with fetch if there happens to be and error it isn't for an extended time it is fixed ASAP.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Fetch to friends and colleagues whenever possible.

No real business problems, all and all fetch is just a simple program to use when I need to put large files on the backend of my site. Or if I need to update a clients work it makes things so simple and smooth I rarely have issues.

Fetch review by User in Graphic Design
User in Graphic Design

"Fetch is an old dog in a new digital world"

What do you like best?

not much. It is a piece of software rarely used by me or any of my clients or suppliers. There are several alternatives that are much simpler and faster to use, without passwords.

What do you dislike?

Fetch makes you first find the server your client or supplier pointed you to in an email, sign in with a password, then either download or upload files to a specific folder on that server. It's a long and time consuming process which sometimes doesn't work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try Dropbox or Yousendit.com they're easier to use and don't require passwords.

I have come to use two alternate software options: Dropbox, which is super convenient to connect to and up and download, or Yousendit.com which is equally simple and quick, with the drawback vs Dropbox in that the files you send are in cyberspace for only 14 days.

Fetch review by Amie S.
Amie S.

"Great little FTP program"

What do you like best?

Fetch is a wonderful, straight-forward FTP program. You can save all your shortcuts and edit them very easily.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, this program is great just as it is.

Whether it's a webpage, an eblast, supporting images, or a pdf file for download, Fetch allows me to transfer files with ease.

Fetch review by Consultant in Graphic Design
Consultant in Graphic Design

"Always handy for quick file transfer!"

What do you like best?

The ease of use is really outstanding. Having it right on my desktop allows me to throw many files on my server all at once, without having to babysit the upload.

What do you dislike?

The old FTP protocols are less known than Cloud software such as DropBox. People simply don't think about FTP and Fetch anymore.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don't want to rely on Dropbox or similar Cloud-based backups, Fetch will allow you to save items directly to your server. This is great when you are a freelancer!

Updating working websites by dragging entire folders to Fetch is a very easy workaround for when Dreamweaver gets persnickety. I like the simplicity of Fetch, and use it to drag and drop files on to my server.

Fetch review by User in Publishing
User in Publishing

"Fetch is great to use"

What do you like best?

the ability to access ftp sites to get an advertisement from a client or to post an advertisement to a magazine. Also the ability to upload files to the printers so we can get proofs back for our magazines in a timely manner.

What do you dislike?

there's really not much to dislike about this program

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you are looking for an ftp transfer program this one is easy to use and reasonably priced.

I use this to also maintain our companies website pages and images in an organized manner

Fetch review by User in Graphic Design
User in Graphic Design

"Fetch for back end web FTP"

What do you like best?

I like how it helps me to login to the back end of a website in order to update files quickly.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could do more with the website design such as WYSIWYG but uploading files through fetch streamlines the previous process of manually doing it through the hosting service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool to utilize when working with many different websites.

I use it when updating websites for clients. I can use it with any website, but go through the software instead of the individual admin logins.

Fetch review by User in Information Services
User in Information Services

"Fetch Gets My Vote"

What do you like best?

The download feature is amazing.

No worries about resuming them. Very easy and simple.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike. The ease of the product is wonderful. A great value.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ease, cost and user friendly.

Social Media for our business, downloading stats has never been easier.

Fetch review by User in Wine and Spirits
User in Wine and Spirits

"Very simple, clean file sharing interface (Mac version)"

What do you like best?

Functions just like your file browser, making it very simple to transfer files. Price is very low and it does its job very well. Comparable to filezilla, but instead of working through directories it surfaces the important items to help you keep organized.

What do you dislike?

No complaints- this product does its job and does it well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This review covers only the Mac version.

Fetch review by User in Computer Software

"Simple and clean program "

What do you like best?

This program offers a simple and clean interface when editing content. The small cost of the program is worth the money. I would spend the money and use Fetch instead of using some of the (free) competitors. You can easily edit file names, upload and download files. You view the content as if it were a clean webpage.

What do you dislike?

Nothing

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a Mac user, I highly recommend using this program.

Learning about Fetch?

* We monitor all Fetch reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Categories