Do you work for Fiddler?

Fiddler Reviews & Product Details

What is Fiddler?

Fiddler is a free web debugging proxy for any browser, system or platform.

Fiddler Profile Details

Fiddler Reviews

1-50 of 128 total Fiddler reviews

Fiddler Reviews

1-50 of 128 total Fiddler reviews
Fiddler review by Rahul C.
Technical Lead
Most Recent Fiddler Video Review

"A Great Debugging tool with Old Language"

Fiddler review by Saurabh K.
Senior Software Development Engineer

"Fiddler review"

What do you like best?

Fiddler is an amazing tools I have been using for about 4 years now. It makes REST api debugging a breeze. At every rest call, just put a debugger and see the actual calls being made, with complete header and payload.

And the best part it decrypts https data too (if allowed).

Data can be seen in any format (xml, json or raw)

Requests can be composed at runtime to trigger various cases.

Rerun is trivial of same requests with modifications.

Fiddler rules to handle automated responses.

What do you dislike?

Its difficult to say, as its been helping me a lot with debugging. But a filter with specific domains might be helpful. Currently I have to search for the domain I am debugging for.

Lot of warnings/certificates acceptance when enabling decprtion of HTTS data (expected though)

Difficult to connect with Android/iOS devices

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fiddler is a great tool to use, but recently I have seen POSTMAN from google alos emerging with similar features. But still POSTMAN has a long way to go.

Mainly I use it for development/debugging of REST interfaces which I have to write for both Android and desktop interfaces.

Ease of development.

The pace of development have increases drastically.

Security audit can be performed and product can be made secure.

Fiddler review by Michael H.
Software Developer / Business Analyst

"Fiddler may be the most valuable utility I use on a daily basis"

What do you like best?

The ability to repeat requests to a website which allows me to develop the website code more quickly. This way I don't have to click through the same actions in the ERP system multiple times just to troubleshoot a problem with the website. The search functionality is also great, I can search within all the sessions and find the transfers that are related to one order with just a few clicks. The inspect tab is also great since I can see exactly what is happening on the web side.

What do you dislike?

It seems to miss some requests on some servers. Not sure why. Also I kinda wish the certificate installation for HTTPS decryption was not so convoluted. I understand you need specific acceptance from the user but the multile button clicks are annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start using it right away. You have no idea how amazing this tool is.

We are integrating ECommerce with ERP and Fiddler helps us see what information is being transferred between systems. Also the ability to replay the requests is an invaluable time saver.

Fiddler review by Kyle J.
Web Application Developer

"Fiddler for web debugging"

What do you like best?

Its Free! Fiddler is a well rounded debugging tool. It is simple and is useful for HTTP traffic capture, including encrypted HTTPS traffic. Also, Fiddler issues its own Root Certificate Authority for HTTPS debugging. Furthermore, you can filter out content you do not wish to see, this is helpful because in most cases the amount of output is overwhelming. I use this a lot to test ajax calls making sure the correct behavior is occurring since it does allow things like converting post variables to a table form and editing/replaying requests.

What do you dislike?

Has some issues with Internet explorer but really what doesn't. (IE sucks)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its free!

I mostly use it for testing web calls or debugging issues. It helps me actually see what is going on in my requests and allows me to modify them and send them again which helps testing my application. The benefit is you can test web calls and things like REST API with this tool.

Fiddler review by Jeremy B.
Director

"Necessary part of a developer / support / analyst tool kit"

What do you like best?

The utter simplicity of firing up Fiddler and seeing all HTTP traffic (including HTTPS) with filters to limit by application, server, headers, etc. Fiddler doesn't need to be installed to work so can be invaluable diagnosing connectivity or performance issues on client computers.

What do you dislike?

Very little! The interface is clean and simple. The only suggested improvement I have is that the filter criteria save on field blur which is not immediately intuitive. Perhaps Fiddler could simply introduce an 'Apply' button.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make it one of the first tools you look to. Visual Studio now has integrated tools that may negate some of the benefits of using Fiddler at development time but Fiddler's ease of use make it a winner every single time on client computers.

We have lots of clients using our own cloud based software with a combination of web browser and Dropbox-style tray application. Fiddler has been crucial in diagnosing issues - for instance the timeline function helps to visualise the interaction with our API where we've then been able to identify improvements that had to be made on the server itself.

We've used it extensively for many years with other applications as well. The facility to edit and replay a request is particularly useful to recreate and investigate traffic in detail.

Fiddler review by Ibn H.
Programmer

"Helps us secure our hard work "

What do you like best?

On this era of AI and all other technologies, maybe there will be a time without mistakes errorless. But for now we are just another chapter of mankind and mistakes. Sometimes it's not even mistake, we are not prepared for outcome of our experimental programming. That's where Fiddler helps us know what went wrong.

Using Fiddler we are able to analyze HTTP and HTTPS calls on any platforms and any devices. And we get to know if something not working or if there any security threats on our system. I LOVE the feature that Fiddler is available using proxy, this particular feature alone is a game changer. Giving us the power to monitor our setup using various operating systems and various devices.

What do you dislike?

This software is really amazing that I couldn't think about a single thing I didn't like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Debugging servers, analyzing performance, finding any error, checking security holes these are some of most notable points Fiddler helping us with. And we realized, without Fiddler it would be terrible.

Fiddler review by Chaitanya R.
Software Engineer

"Best http debugging proxy server application"

What do you like best?

i like this application because it very very user friendly to debug the http server applications

we can perform inspection where we are getting issue for the application.

it is very useful for the api developer to check whether we are getting exact output or not

fiddler application is user interface is very nice we can identify the error with the symbols

we can decrypt the request if it is encrypted

we can set timer also for the request so that we can easily observe how much time it has taken to finish

What do you dislike?

i dislike the options in the fiddler

too many options in the the application so that any new learner will fell confuse to use this applications

alert prompting willlll not happening which will makes more disappoint for me

i dislike the virus protection availability in this application

web filtering is not available in this application

Recommendations to others considering the product

i strongly recommend this application to my colleagues and friends bec this is very easy to debug application and find out the status code responsive time and size everything

this application also will perform high speed.

no business problems i faced in this application but very small problems i faced while using fiddler.

main issue is virus problem if we open any website which is effected with virus then that also will effect to my system which will become very slow

benefits is also having more in this application like firewall supportive,network security,deployment options

we can perform more actions in this application to debug our api and and debug any website

Fiddler review by Arthur B.
Quality Assurance Tester
E-Learning

"Fiddler is your catch-all for Network review"

What do you like best?

I like how I can filter both applications and browsers easily. On top of that, I can filter a number of websites and enable/disable them quickly with little issue.

What do you dislike?

Creating auto-responses can be tough. I haven't really tried to look for documentation from Telerik on some of the advanced options except for when I'm looking for something really specific (testing for 500 error responses).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fiddler practically works right out of the box if all you're doing is observing web traffic for web development. Just use the inspector on the right sidebar and you'll see your request and response headers. If you want to do some more advanced stuff, it isn't that hard with the power of Google.

Firefox can be a bugger of all browsers when it comes to setting up HTTPS encryption bypass. A quick Google search should rectify any issues you come across there.

- Able to see all incoming and outgoing network traffic from the PC I use

- Able to capture incoming and outgoing traffic from mobile devices if properly set up

- Can easily review what data is being sent to the server and the responses I receive for each call

Fiddler review by DaLarm H.
(10,001+ employees)

"Fully Test Your Web Application With Fiddler!"

What do you like best?

I like how simplistic the application is. I don't really have to do many setting changes in order to get started. Once I get my phone to connect properly to Fiddler, it's pretty easy from there. I like how you can filter out processes based on what you want. I tend to filter out the processes so that it only shows the urls that I'm browsing on my phone.

What do you dislike?

However, I wouldn't necessarily call this application intuitive. I definitely had to ask for guidance/help both online and offline. To be honest, I'm still not entirely sure how it all works. I feel like this application would be a bit better if there was more documentation on how it worked. I did find an instructional guide on how to use Fiddler with my phone. However, the instructional guide was pretty straight-forward. I would've liked it ab it more if it was more in-depth.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this application for any Web Developer or Software Engineer that is handling a web application. Fiddler is very useful for mobile testing.

The main reason I've been using Fiddler at work is to do extensive testing on the web features/functionalities that I've coded. Although using an emulator on Chrome/Firefox tends to work most of the time, I think it's best practice to test out code on an actual mobile device. Fiddler lets me test out my web functionalities without pushing my code into production. When my phone connects, my phone can browse using the development server that I'm connected to on my laptop. So my phone can test out my code pre-production.

Fiddler review by Phuc T.

"Fiddler Usage on Mac for REST calls"

What do you like best?

I was using Postman and then wanted to try Fiddler too to compare REST call response. So this is a brief review on just the REST call feature. I used Fiddler for just a basic usage and it ran the calls that I wished to test. Overall it does that task for you.

I haven't tried the other features/tools or advanced features available, but it appears there are many, so I assume advanced developers are using or demanding such advanced features.

What do you dislike?

It wasn't intuitive to install (for Mac) users. I understand it is on BETA, so it's somewhat expected. It's also expected in general that installing things via terminal is not always straight forward, but installing a desktop app on Mac App on mac, users typically expect a one step that it would be just through Installation wizards.

It required installing Mono Framework first via terminal.. but there are directions on the Telerik blog to follow. If I recall, I had a few errors trying to install Mono that I wasn't able to resolve, but eventually tried to install Fiddler anyways, and it ran.

The other thing was the set up to get going also wasn't intuitive. Postman and other applications just have you post the url, the data and run. Fiddler, however had several options to enter your server information. I believe the advantage of that, is direct connection. For my purpose, I just needed to simply enter http url, info and run, so to quickly test.

It is possible because I am not too familiar with all the backend configuration which Fiddler gives options to, that it is confusing for me to fill out and make use initially. I would have to further investigate if I were to continue to test REST calls, using Fiddler tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're using Fiddler to test REST calls, it does do the job. If you're an advanced user, perhaps it appears there are many options available to make use of the Application's advanced features. If you're a Mac user, just read up on the installation process and the extra steps required.

I needed to use Fiddler to test a few REST calls, to see if the 3rd party APIs were running, properly. I wanted to verify that it wasn't just an error in my code, or running a REST call through command line. Over all, Fiddler returned the same data so I was able to verify that it was likely not an error on my end. So I trust that I can rely on checking with applications like Fiddler, that was developed by a team of experts.

Fiddler review by Swapnil S.
Senior Software Engineer

"Fiddler - One of the Best Security & Tracking Tool"

What do you like best?

Fiddler makes REST API debugging quite Simple. At every REST call, just put a debugger and see the actual calls that are being made, with complete header and payload.

Also, it's ability to repeat requests to a website which allows me to debug at a rapid speed.

What do you dislike?

Lot of warnings/certificates acceptance when enabling decryption of HTTPS data.

Otherwise, I think it is the simplest tool with all the functionalities working smooth as expected from it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are web developer or programmer, just run your system on Fiddler to see how well your server is doing. Also, the ease of Use and the performance speed is just great. So, if you are a web Developer or relevant, just go for it.!!

Debugging servers and REST Calls, analyzing performance, finding any error, checking security loopholes.

Without Fiddler, I think all of this would have been really terrible and difficuly

Fiddler review by Anthony J.
Programmer

"REST assured (pun intended)"

What do you like best?

Fiddler made debugging APIs easier and comprehensive. It provides the user with complete details of each network requests and provides a user-friendly UI where you can disect information of each network request. It also has a filter to only see requests coming/going to a specific domain. Outputs can be viewed in JSON, XML and RAW formats. It works well with PostMan.

What do you dislike?

The usefulness of this product overcomes one thing I don't like about it which is the UI. It looks like an old software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool is a great help especially in developing Web API's. It's free to use.

It provided us with great support in developing our API endpoints.

Fiddler review by Jason P.
President

"Excellent debugging tool for working with APIs and 3rd Parties"

What do you like best?

First, it does a great job of simply tracking and reporting all requests from a web page. I love the filtering, rules for displaying only requests that match a specific pattern, and the ability the edit and replay a request. Its a critical debugging tool for web developers.

What do you dislike?

The interface can be a bit confusing and hard to find where to do the thing I need to do. However, I do get it worked out in the end. Part of this could be due to the fact that I only use it once a month or so.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Chrome Debugging Tools

Being able to reliable debug and reproduce issues with external APIs and tools as well as internal APIs is critical and Fiddler does a great job with that.

Fiddler review by Sean W.
Insurance

"Invaluable if you do web development"

What do you like best?

This tool is invaluable if you are doing any kind of web development. In particular, we work on enterprise services being called by many different processes, and it is not always clear what a process calling our services is actually sending. Fiddler allows us to capture messages going in and out, and debug exactly what is happening when a consumer complains of a problem.

What do you dislike?

It can be a little complicated to get Fiddler to capture the traffic you want, especially if proxies are set up in a non-standard way, or if traffic is being filtered or massaged by corporate security software. However, with some effort, we were able to overcome these issues.

This is our go-to tool for web debugging.

Fiddler review by User in Computer Software

"Excellent tool for working with network traffic"

What do you like best?

Fiddler has the ability to intercept https, and I can also intercept traffic from a smartphone via my computer acting as a proxy on the same network. This is immensely helpful for mobile app development.

Also, in the Composer feature, the request and response headers are shown accurately, unlike Postman which sometimes inserts headers automatically because it is based on Chrome's web engine.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when https network traffic interception is enabled, the network on my Windows machine stops working completely if Fiddler is left open for prolonged durations. This is an annoyance since Fiddler is not the first suspect one would think of closing.

Also, the root certificate in the trust chain it inserts for https interception is not trusted by other parties, so some specific types of network calls may simply fail.

One feature I wish Fiddler had was easier population of headers when composing http requests via a drop-down menu or something similar, instead of having to hand-type the full content.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time to learn all the features, they are immensely useful and Fiddler is a toolbox with very powerful tools for network traffic.

I use Fiddler almost everyday to view network traffic, test http/https requests, and validate responses while developing web applications. This is immensely useful in making sure the http/https traffic behaves correctly and has all the headers that a compliant with the mandatory security requirements and practices across the company.

Fiddler review by arpita r.
Senior Recruiter
Internet
(10,001+ employees)

"Easy to be understand and implement"

What do you like best?

The presentation of the user interface is i think the best aspect of the fiddler platform, which is made keeping in mind the usability ad accessibility of the platform. Also the Reporting and the part is added advantage of the the platform which cant not be neglected.

What do you dislike?

Much technical, should be designed such that a common user can also give it a try without any assistance. There should be an option for the guided tour of the portal, a knowledge base would be much appreciable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good to use, easy to manage and understand.

Reporting and analytical abilities. To solve problems, employees need strong analytical skills. Hiring managers desire a person who uses clear, logical steps and excellent judgment to understand an issue from all angles before executing an action. Solutions can be reached by clear-cut, methodical approaches or more creative and lateral angles, depending on the objective. Both of these ways of solving a problem take analytical skills. These essential skills are required by employers for many different types of jobs in a variety of fields, including business analytics, data architecture, data science, marketing, project management, accounting, business development, programming. All these are provided by fiddler.

"Developer Fiddler Review"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to get up and running with the application as well as how versatile it is. I've used it as a proxy to expose a localhost site via IIS, but mostly I've used it to log network traffic in order to debug some problem or figure out how something is working without the source.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the user interface design, nor do I like the user experience. I find it somewhat ugly / old looking and I also think it can be pretty complex to use in general if you aren't tech aware.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Play with it and really dig into the different "views" of the application. Not only will you learn more about what you're tracking, but you'll also learn about fiddler and about HTTP traffic in general.

The last time I used fiddler, I was trying to figure out how two applications for which I didn't have the source were communicating so that I could mimic the receiving application in a new code base. It was fairly simple to find the requests/responses for the two apps and get a rough prototype going in a matter of hours.

Fiddler review by Joe H.
(10,001+ employees)

"Fiddler is an absolute must-have tool for web development"

What do you like best?

At its core, Fiddler allows the developer to capture web requests/responses in a web application environment. It allows the developer to pinpoint possible issues between the client & server.

Fiddler also has many other features that I haven't really messed with much: Ability to record & playback network traffic (ie. for testing purposes), ability to introduce artificial delays to simulate slower network speeds, etc.

What do you dislike?

At the moment, I can't think of anything I dislike about the software -- they've done a great job with it. It definitely meets my needs.

In my opinion, the biggest business benefit is the time saved when debugging. When data doesn't make it back to the client (browser) as expected, this tool allows you to determine if the request / response data is as you expect it to be (or if the server even sent a response at all).

Fiddler review by Amanda R.
Developer

"Useful Web Debugging"

What do you like best?

Fiddler has an easy learning curve. It is useful on websites, web applications, and even video games. It traces and logs HTTP/HTTPS traffic. You can even use it to create stress tests.

What do you dislike?

The UI for Fiddler is very cluttered. Certain features, like an AMF parser, can only be added in through plugins.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The product is free, so it cannot hurt to try it out for yourself.

I use it to monitor HTTP/S traffic and server calls. In video game testing, it is useful for package up server based bug reports with a Fiddler trace to help the developer find an issue. In web testing you can visually see where you application is getting hung up, and save information being sent or retrieved.

Fiddler review by Nuno Filipe C.
Senior Software Developer - ALS Life Sciences Division | Environmental
(10,001+ employees)

"Inspecting request, made easy"

What do you like best?

With Fiddler, it's very easy to setup and start inspecting requests from the get go. The simpleness of use is top.

What do you dislike?

The interface could be better... And also, some advanced settings could be easier to understand.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are intending to use it to inspect traffic coming in and out of the Visual Studio Android Emulator, you have to go through some hoops to be able to do it.

I'm a web/mobile developer theses days... So APIs are in high demand and use. A good tool to see what is going on with the requests is of high value to me.

Fiddler review by User

"Telerik Fiddler Review "

What do you like best?

Fiddler is one of the best online tool available right now for monitoring and analyzing web traffic.

In Fiddler, you can easily find out almost everything with respect to web request like Headers, Text View, Syntax View, Cookies etc. of a request. All in all, this becomes very helpful for a developer or user who is analyzing web traffic requests.

What do you dislike?

As every good software fiddler too has few issues as well. If used for too long to analyze web requests, fiddler becomes too slow and at times becomes unresponsive as well.

Ability to selective filter requests is not available in Fiddler and can be a nice feature addition in future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fiddler is one of the best market available tool right now to monitor, analyze and understand web traffic requests. Fiddler is headed in the right direction and is a delight to use when writing web APIs.

I use Fiddler to monitor web traffic which helps me in developing web services and web APIs for my software product.

Fiddler review by ravi r.
Associate Software Developer

"Correctly analyzes all requests"

What do you like best?

We needed fiddler to know how the file uploading failed, and fiddler did it very nicely by telling the type of error. It operates in between the requests which make it very unique. Certificates can be attached very easily. It has caches analyzing which is perfect tool for getting to know if our web app behaved correctly or not. We get to know times of all requests and hence improve the api's which causes the bottleneck.

What do you dislike?

The 1000 bucks for the complete support package for an year looks quiet over priced. It can not change the post variables.

We added certificates with our request and tested it with fiddler. We used it as http/https proxy and analyzed our requests for our web application.

Fiddler review by Alex G.
Senior QA Engineer / Scrum Master

"Necesario en cualquier prueba de Performance"

What do you like best?

Su interfaz sencilla y completa es la parte mas interesante de la aplicación. Es realmente útil dado que puede ofrecerte muchisimas opciones necesarias a la hora de realizar cualquier prueba ya se de performance y/o comunicación

What do you dislike?

La interfaz es posiblemente demasiado antigua respecto a las aplicaciones de hoy en día.

Recommendations to others considering the product

All its ok. Just improve the theme from the application.

Nos ha ofrecido la solucióon a encontrar las llamadas API sin necesidad de tener un equipo de desarrollo detrás que generase documentación relacionada a esta.

Fiddler review by Gurmeet Singh K.
Programmer Analyst

"Nice tool to test your APIs."

What do you like best?

Its a very good and easy to use tool to monitor incoming and outgoing data over http/https.

Its very handy for API testing.

What do you dislike?

GUI is not as good as Postman.

History of api calls is not maintained.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use fiddler to test your APIs. Its very nice and easy to use to tool for web APIs.

We are developing new API end points for our application. We use fiddler to test these API end points and monitor incoming and outgoing data to/from these APIs.

Fiddler review by Lawrence S.

"Awesome debugging"

What do you like best?

Fiddler allows me to see the request/responses coming from any web service calls between my app /website easily; allows me to debug problems right away without having to step into the code through a debugger or otherwise hard to get to code.

What do you dislike?

To get https packets you will need to install a cert that is provided by the application as it allows the application to decrypt the https traffic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an amazing tool to see requests/responses easily and effectively, you can do this without having to install a packet sniffing program like WireShark which may be discouraged by your company/manager.

Allows me to see and reverse engineer a black box piece of code that was written by another team or programmer and see if a problem is with my code or theirs quickly and easily.

Fiddler review by Erik T.
Chief Technology/Information Officer | Private Equity
Venture Capital & Private Equity

"Fiddler rocks"

What do you like best?

I have used this application for software testing, reverse engineering and overall security observation for several years now. It allows me to see packets of both mobile applications and locally-developed web applications to better understand what vulnerabilities may exist.

What do you dislike?

Previously the only available version was for Windows that had to be ported to Mac, however with the release of the Mac compatible version things have worked much better.

Please refer to what do I like best about the product for this information. Overall it's used for reverse engineering and security validation.

Fiddler review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Excellent Tool for testing API calls"

What do you like best?

We use the customrules.js script file to be able to use this tool as an emulator to allow our applications to work with and make web service calls without the need for a real, external API. The ability to return files from the network as the actual response, or to dynamically build responses is very useful

What do you dislike?

There is some extra bloat in the customrules.js that makes our code appear in the middle of code used by Fiddler. Would be nice to simply move our code externally, and then require it in to the main body of the customrules.js. In fairness, I have not tried to do this, although it looks like it might work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for our use as an emulator, and the configurations, ability to monitor traffic, etc., make this tool worth while.

Our company uses Fiddler as an emulator for external web services when developing our software, before the external API is available. Fiddler allows us to quickly respond and return static data (or dynamic with additional coding) to facilitate our automated testing needs.

Fiddler review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Friend to Web Developers"

What do you like best?

I use fiddler everyday to solve my web development mysteries on my angularJS, .net , javascript applications. It is good to solve your every day problems coming out of front end development.

What do you dislike?

Not that I can think off. It is a very useful tool. You cannot live without it if you are web developer. It can be little easier to use. this is not for new developers. little hard to comprehend though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make your web development faster and reduce your troubleshooting time with this beautiful tool. It is a very productive tool for web developers.

I use fiddler to understand how a http call is made in my application and what is going wrong and for other trouble shooting purposes. It speeds up your development time and cuts the troubleshooting time.

Fiddler review by Internal Consultant in Airlines/Aviation

"Must have for Digital Analysts"

What do you like best?

The best part about Fiddler is it's flexibility and ability to customize the software to fit your purpose. It has many options to let you track almost anything that is happening behind a website. Unlike many other "light" applications or browser plug-ins that claim to show you what "tags" are firing, Fiddler will give you the raw data packets that are being passed behind the scenes. You can put a filter on the type of data exchange you are interested in, high-light the important interactions and save the logs to be reviewed later.

What do you dislike?

At first I personally found it difficult to navigate through the interface, because it simply had too much options, most of them not necessary/required to get started. It takes a little bit to learn the useful options at first, but once you have everything set-up the way you prefer, then it becomes a lot easier in the long run. I would love to see a "light" version for beginners.

I used Fiddler primarily to validate/debug clickstream tracking on the Ecommerce website. Through the tag management system, multiple tracking and marketing tags had to be fired, and Fiddler really helped to test the solution as a whole, rather than in isolation.

Fiddler review by dhananjay u.
Technical Lead

"The tool I used the most"

What do you like best?

Use of Breakpoints, fiddle with request and response. First identify the problem by fiddling and only in end do the code change. This is my most liked feature.

What do you dislike?

With all the modern browsers coming up with their own debugging tools, the use of fiddler has reduced. And even most corporates have restrictions to install this software- this was the thing which i really disliked

Recommendations to others considering the product

I really like it and would encourage all the new web developers to make use of this tool- it just makes web development easy.

Web debugging simplifed - We develop enterprise web applications using an editor which is web based- Just to list one business problem - I can say retention of customers using our CRM suite of applications.

Fiddler review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Fiddling with web apps is easy with Fiddler"

What do you like best?

I use Fiddler more than any other "helper" application that we run at work. The ease of access to the detail Fiddler providers in what's going on in my web requests goes way beyond anything else I've used. When I've exhausted all other debugging options (which is often) Fiddler always bails me out because I can see what's going on behind the scenes and along the wire.

What do you dislike?

While this isn't totally Fiddler's fault, I sometimes forget to close Fiddler and it gets in the way of publishing or other tasks that fail while a proxy is running. But it's easily fixed by simply closing Fiddler

Fiddler saves a TON of time normally spent on debugging problems that may not be visible otherwise. I've realized that without it, there are some problems I would just have never solved.

Fiddler review by Daaron D.
Senior Software Developer
Telecommunications

"Excellent Protocol Debugger"

What do you like best?

This is an essential tool. If you aren't using it, you should be. Easily able to watch HTTP/HTTPS traffic in and out with a simple way to re-try a transaction.

What do you dislike?

The interface is a little noisy, and I've seen it get noisier over the years. There's very little to dislike about a freeware tool that works this well.

Debugging REST services, watching HTTP transactions (before it was available in browser dev tools), and composing HTTP requests of all sorts

Fiddler review by Madhumita D.
Hybrid Engineer

"Review for Fiddler - web debugging proxy"

What do you like best?

Fiddler shows details of conversations between server and user when requested any site. This helps monitoring the traffic and troubleshoot the problems

What do you dislike?

Not much, though there are few limitations of fiddler

Recommendations to others considering the product

Awesome tool

Almost every application communicates over http: websites, RESTful services and soap alisa. Whenever there is any problem that needs us to the level of network to figure out what is going on Fiddler comes handy

Fiddler review by User in Computer Software

"Great tool for testing your services"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, gives you full control over what you send to your site or your web service.

To make custom calls to your site or service, many times you need to develop some proprietary tool. Fiddler gives this ability very handy - you can customize the request to your site or web service and make any call you want.

What do you dislike?

Hard to keep history or different options for alternative calls you might have.

It doesn't not support all protocols one might need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just use it

When you want to make custom calls to your web service.

What you want to record calls to your web service

Fiddler review by User in Computer Software

"Understanding web requests with the help of Fiddler"

What do you like best?

Being able to monitor web requests when accessing APIs has proved very helpful. Some development issues would have taken much longer to debug had I not had access to Fiddler.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes Fiddler can interfere with requests just by being the "middle man". It's best to try debugging both with and without Fiddler in these scenarios just to double check it isn't affecting the web calls in any way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a fantastic tool that provides so many features there is bound to be something of use to most developers working with web applications. I have only used the very basic tools available and there is so much more that it can do that would be better suited for more complicated scenarios/debugging. It is a tool I have always have available on my development machine as it can often cut debugging in half when faced with unexpected returns from web requests.

Custom APIs and self developed web services can be called and then interrogated using the tool set provided by Fiddler. A variety of filtering options make it very easy to focus on the web traffic you want to see.

Fiddler review by User

"Fiddler for Web Debugging"

What do you like best?

Fiddler is a great tool that can help you debug web traffic and errors. Fiddler is especially helpful with debugging Web Services. You can see the payload a website sent in XML or JSON format.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be difficult to see the web traffic on an https site. You need to do a lot of certificate configuration to make this work and a number of times it won't

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do some research on how to trace secure web traffic

We use Fiddler on a daily basis to debug web issues and this has allowed us to much easily and quicker correct issues.

Fiddler review by Eddie D.
Senior Software Developer

"Fiddler is a great tool for web debugging."

What do you like best?

The ease of use and convenience of how it has everything I need all in once place.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much I dislike about the tool, it does what it does.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool for debugging API endpoints.

I typically use the tool to debug API endpoints. The tool does a good job of displaying errors.

Fiddler review by Glenn J.
Sr. Systems and Security Architect
Research

"A very good Application Web security tool"

What do you like best?

Fiddler is easy to use and deals with most problems that you will encounter.

What do you dislike?

Fiddler has some problems when dealing with secure and site that require logins.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give Fiddler a try it may do everything you need.

We use Fiddler as part of our Application Security Review process. It has helped the security team and the developers find many problems in the applications.

Fiddler review by Irvin D.
Responsabile Tecnico BUILDER/web

"Best network debugging tool"

What do you like best?

I use it to debug traffic from virtually any application that supports a proxy like IE, Chrome, Firefox and my .NET applications. Under a corporate proxy it's essential

What do you dislike?

I often leave it open so all my network is proxied by it; so if your page slow down check if you have leave Fiddler opened!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It can be used in combo with other network sniffers; for HTTP-HTTPS is the best

Debug what's going from on calls to an external service; a colleague thought was caused by the corporate proxy, but the root cause was a malformed authentication header.

Fiddler review by User in Computer Software

"Fiddler is a good tool for web debugging. Fiddler is used to log all HTTP traffic"

What do you like best?

I am using this software from 2 years .we can use fiddler for performance testing , HTTP/HTTPS traffic recording, Web debugging, Security testing. We can easily extend fiddler using the .NET network. Fiddler exposes the cache-control and expires headers for you to quickly evaluate if your application is receiving and sending back to the web server . Fiddler guranting minimum transactions between the server and your application

What do you dislike?

Sometimes i face difficulties when i connect to Android devices

Sometimes requests are missed in the server

Interface is good but more to work on filters

We use fiddler for debugging

It lets us to see the total page eight,HTTP caching and compression

It decrypt HTTPS traffic and make it more secure

Fiddler review by Hung D.
Telecommunications

"Great tool for debugging web applications"

What do you like best?

Its best feature is the ability to capture sent/received data snapshots of the web traffic

What do you dislike?

It doesn’t provide a good way to capture data snapshots of Soap API. In other to do so, we must do a lot of workarounds.

Web applications debugging. It’s a robust tool which is maintained well by Telerik.

Fiddler review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Tried several alternatives and still using it"

What do you like best?

Fiddler has the most comprehensive support for HTTP request spoofing/sniffing. I've tried various alternatives, and there is always some subset of features missing in the competition. I now use a mac for work, and installed a windows VM just for fiddler.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, the mac version of fiddler is finicky. I prefer using a windows vm for fiddler.

Spoofing and sniffing rest calls to debug network issues in back end. It has helped us reproduce issues with its complex HTTP request spoofing.